LifeFone

7.2

Linda A Omaha, NE

I like the detailed info I have received. I’ll probably be purchasing the service soon. There has been good follow up by representatives. Sounds like the best program I’ve looked at so far.

Reply from LifeFone

Hi Linda, we're so glad that our representatives followed up with you! We appreciate the feedback.

Andrew Pearland, TX

I recently switched my mom over from MobileHelp to LifeFone all in 1 pendant with GPS with 2-Way communication. I avoided the Fall-Detection only because of the frequent charging requirements. I don’t want her taking it off every 5 days to charge and forgetting about it, (which is unfortunate because I REALLY would prefer to have it). She has gotten dizzy and fallen more than once. It’s a tough decision to continue paying or not. Keep in mind that iPhones have an “SOS feature”. If you press the right hand button 5 times it will call 911 for you, and it will provide dispatch with your location, (if they have a reason to pull it up). It will also connect her directly to dispatch without having to wait on a call center. So iPhone will essentially do the same thing as a medical alert pendant. However if my mom were in distress or unable to speak clearly there is no guarantee how police dispatch would react. If they couldn’t hear or understand they would probably hang up and try to call her back. And while dispatch will have access to her location , they will not know specifically who is calling, what she looks like and her medical conditions, what kind of car she’s in etc... If she’s in distress at least the person at the call center will know exactly what to tell dispatch and have no trouble communicating. The fact that LifeFone has all of this information about her, and the fact that the operator will not be in distress. Those are the 2 reasons to keep the expanded service. It makes perfect sense to have it in the home since people don’t always have their phone handy. But keep in mind it starts to become a bit impractical when out of the home, since you will probably have your phone handy. Keep that in mind before getting “go-anywhere GPS” service. If I could have Fall-Detection it would make all the difference, but she won’t be mindful enough to make sure she always has it if she’s always taking it off to charge. LifeFone should provide 2 separate detachable, rechargeable batteries so that one can charge while the other is being worn. If they offered me that I would pay substantially more and maintain the service indefinitely. But right now I’m borderline considering dropping the service. I can’t have Fall-Detection and so it doesn’t do very much more than an iPhone. Those are the reasons for my low-rating. Aside from that customer-service has been decent and the response time is pretty good when testing. It seems to function consistently in its intended capacity. LifeFone should address the poor recharging frequency so that forgetful people can have Fall-Detection too. It would be a very simple modification and would make all the difference in the world.

Reply from LifeFone

Hi Andrew, we want to let you know that you can have the all in one pendant and place it on the charging cradle when she sleeps. It only needs 4 hrs of charging and can put it back on when she gets up. You can reach us at 800-940-0262 if you want more information about this.

Leah Boynton Beach, FL

So far the only thing I don’t care for at all is the cord that goes around my neck. It is very unattractive. Is there any other choice or is this it?

Reply from LifeFone

Hello Leah, I'm glad that I was able to better assist you today and help you to get the system that best suits your needs. We appreciate you and your business and glad that you are continuing to be part of our LifeFone Family!

May. 3rd, 2019

Linda

In comparison to other companies found LifeFone to be a great value for the service

Reply from LifeFone

Thanks for being a subscriber. We offer a lifetime price and equipment guarantee so that our service remains affordable.

Karie

Very helpful people. Easy set up and quick response when needed.

Reply from LifeFone

Thank you Karie! We know it's important to make our service helpful and easy for our subscribers. We really appreciate your comments.

Patricia Celaya

Customer Service is excellent. Their representatives are attentive and caring.

Reply from LifeFone

Thank you for your comments. We are so glad that you are pleased with our reps!

Joan Pattison

I feel very secure knowing how fast they respond to an alarm.

Reply from LifeFone

While we hope you don't need to use the service very often, we do agree that fast response is important.

Monica

They are right there when I test it, so I am sure they will be there if I really have a need.

Reply from LifeFone

Thank you, Monica! We appreciate the time you took out of your schedule to share your feedback, and we will be there in your time of need. We are committed to providing perfect service for each of our customers.

GJO Austin, TX

On 3 different occasions,they have saved my life. Very efficient and professional.

Reply from LifeFone

Great feedback, GJO! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with LifeFone and our service!

C N Campbell, CA

Would like it and rate it better if there was Japanese speaking operators

Reply from LifeFone

CN, thank you for providing feedback about your service! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience. We're glad that you enjoy the service and will use this review to improve our service.

Diane Kernersville, NC

Excellent response time, courteous employees, ease of use

Reply from LifeFone

Hello Diane, Thanks for your review. We are delighted that you are enjoying the wonderful service that LifeFone strives to provide each of our subscribers.

David Eagle Point, OR

Ease of use , security and communication with emergency assistance

Linda Snow Wilmington, NC

Because I get a response no matter where I am.

Jim Fayetteville, AR

Great so far and works as advertised. I feel safer about my parents having instant help if ever needed.

Sandy Crystal Lake, IL

Good response to pushing the button. But they don't call if you fail to check in monthly

Earl Lafayette, LA

Takes a little long, wife set off 3 times they kept repeating questions to fast got her extremely upset. Thank God Someone walked to include me. She won't wear necklace anymore.

Poor customer service West Palm Beach, FL

I returned the pendant two months ago and I'm still awaiting the refund or at least a confirmation of some sort

Carole A. Grand Junction, CO

Have had no problems. Customer care reps are very friendly and helpful. Had one instance my Mother needed help when she fell. The system worked exactly as promised.

Reply from LifeFone

Thank you for your review!

Dec. 9th, 2020

Deborah Granada Hills, CA

Very responsive! and a good service value

Reply from LifeFone

Thank you Deborah! We're glad you're happy with the service.

Ruth Alpharetta, GA

Very quick response very courteous saved my life 3 times

Ethel Livingston, LA

Very efficient. Very friendly. Very trustworthy.

Verna Owensville, MO

It was something that was available in my area at the time. They are right on the ball, though I haven't had to use it yet. I still have to go and take care of an address change that I just had.

Thanks Richard!

Richard

It has been a while since we actually got it. All the other devices we were looking at were close in price. Their salesman talked to us about the three units that they have and the travel part of it. In the end, we just got it. I never really had to use it, thank god, but we tested it periodically and it always worked. The device satisfied my needs. They do what they are supposed to do.

Evalena Fort Worth, TX'

I had a different device but LifeFone had much better qualifications so we decided we needed a changeover, which I'm very pleased about. I've been really lucky in that I haven't had to use it too often, but it's there and it's good knowing that it will work if I need it. I don't think anyone can beat this one, I recommended it wholeheartedly to everyone.

Margaret Hudson, NY

My daughter got it for us since we're old and she was worried about us falling. Fortunately, I've never had to use it, but I do wear it and take it into the shower with me. It gives me some security, I feel better having it.

Reply from LifeFone

Thanks for your review of LifeFone. We want to provide the best service to our valued subscribers!

Larry Hanford, CA'

My mom needed one of those, so I got it for her. She has used it a couple of times. On one occasion she kind of tripped and fell. The emergency guy came out right away and everything worked out very well. It's a good investment for elderly people. Everybody should have one. It's worth every penny.

Darlene Granbury, TX

I got it since I needed one of these. I think this is something that every woman who lives alone needs. I have used the device many times since I have fallen a lot and had a stroke. It has been invaluable to me, it has just saved my life. Everything about it is excellent. This is truly a gift of life.

Gayleen & Rick West Jordan, UT'

We were referred to it by one of our case workers. On a typical day I'd put the button on my husband whenever I leave since he's quadriplegic. We've had to use it quite a bit. Customer service is right on top of things and help me through whatever thing comes up. Even when the reception is going bad, they notify us or send us an email about it. It has been a lot of help for me, being a caretaker and all. They have taken care of us. We like that we now have the GPS system in place. I do think it could be cheaper. The GPS one is a lot of money and it's kind of hard to afford for people with disability.

Glenda & John Grafton, ND'

My husband had issues since we was falling a lot. I researched two different companies and LifeFone sounded like the best. The device is easy to set up and use. It has gone off a few different times when I'm not home and it has been helpful. They are very good at getting in contact with us right away and someone is always there in a short period of time to asses the situation. We haven't had any real huge emergencies though.

Reply from LifeFone

So glad we can offer you assistance when needed!

Dec. 9th, 2020

Lonnie Sacramento, CA

My mom is blind, so I got it for her. She has the life alert necklace that goes around her neck. She can press the button if she's ever in distress. Sometimes she takes it off, but not often. She has had the device for five years now and we haven't had an occasion to use it yet. There's always someone with her, but we have it just in case she needs it at night. We do check it to make sure it works and on those occasions we get a response right away. There's no delay and the person on the other end of the line is always courteous and willing to help. The thing is not expensive either and I think it's good since it could save my mother's life.

Julie Rockport, IN'

I needed one of these for my mother. She has the necklace, so it's not in the way or cumbersome. On an occasion she fell and broke her arm and couldn't get up. They contacted me and since I was home with her I was able to just go and help her. I'm very pleased with it. They always respond to us in a short amount of time and are very considerate when she accidentally pushes the button.

Anonymous New York, NY

I have no complaints so far. The only interaction I've had so far was when I received my bills and when I needed to do my monthly checks. I haven't had to make use of it yet.

Pat Tallmadge, OH

We researched on the internet a bit before getting it, but this service met our needs. I haven't had to use it, though there have been two times when I failed to put the thing back on the stand and they contacted me about it. I wear one of the units around my neck and the other one is close to the phone.

Silvia Koner New York, NY

I haven't had to use it, thank heaven, but I'm satisfied with the contact I've had with them.

Margaret Ruffin, NC

It certainly works for me. I had an accident where I needed to call them and they responded very well. I was in need of help and they came out here as fast as they could. They've done everything they were supposed to do.

Marge Catonsville, MD

They always follow up immediately and have been very responsive when we test the things. My mother is the one that uses it. She had a fall after we got it for her and she couldn't get up and all she had to do was press the button. My only concern is that sometimes my mother won't push the button because she doesn't want the ambulance to go all the way there and bother them. I think she might be more willing if she was able to actually talk to them if something happens. The base is just too far away sometimes.

Anonymous Long Beach, CA

We researched a lot about the reliability, how long it had been in business, the services that it offered, and the price, and they were very competitive in their pricing so we decided to go with them. My husband has multiple serious health issues, so it helps me to know that he has the pendant or the base available when I have too go out of the house. It lets run my errands without having to worry as much. We have never had to use it for an emergency, but we keep one of the pendants in the bathroom at all times and he wears the other. That way, if he takes a shower and doesn't feel steady, he can use it since it's water resistant. We really like the features that the pendants have. It gives me peace of mind even though we're not using it.

Norma Hacienda Heights, CA

At the time we looked the service up on the internet it had the most features for the least amount of money. So far I haven't had to use it at all since I've been in and out of the hospital. There have been a couple of times when it went off on its own and I didn't even notice. The people at LifeFone have been nice about it and turn it off immediately for me. Now I don't really need it since I have caregivers, but it has been adequate and a good safety net.

Timothy Virginia Beach, VA

We got the service for my elderly sister. From the advertisement that I saw it sounded like it would be a good fit in case of emergencies for the elderly. Whenever I've tested it myself it seems to work the way it was advertised. I get an immediate response.

Mamie Albertville, AL

I hear really good things about it by word of mouth and since I didn't necessarily want anything too expensive I went with them. On an occasion I went out to my mailbox with my walker and I fell. I had the button around my neck so I pushed it. Since I was outside I tried to get as close as possible to the kitchen door and could hear the person talking on the monitor. They couldn't hear me, but they called an ambulance and they were there within a few minutes. The system doesn't work outside of my house, but it does work in my basement and in all the bedrooms. If I accidentally take the button with me somewhere outside my house they will contact me to make sure that things are good. I feel good knowing that they monitor that kind of thing. The device is comfortable to wear around the neck and I don't think it looks ugly. It's very easy to fasten it and large enough that I can take it off without messing my hair or anything. It looks like ivory. I don't really mind wearing it at all and the price is reasonable. Since I'm on social security that's really great.

Wallace Columbus, GA

A friend of mine ordered it for me and I'm happy with it. I live on my own and I know that I could have an accident any time, so I appreciate having it. There have been a couple of times when I thought I was going to have to use it, but I've never really had to. On an occasion I was out of the area and I accidentally bumped the button. The alarm was set off so the fire department went to my house and tried to find me. Nobody could find me so the broke into my house, though I did appreciate the fact that they tried to do everything they could because they couldn't find me. When I came back I noticed someone had broken in so I called them and they explained the situation to me. They were very helpful then and on other occasions when I called them. They would tell me what is happening and share information with me. I'm happy with it, I don't have any problem with them and I know if anything happens they will talk to me.

Marge Hansen Capitola, CA

I have rarely been treated so poorly by anyone, let alone a salesperson in a service industry. Stay away from LifeFone if you value and want compassion and understanding.

A. Frankel Brooklyn, NY

My experience with Lifefone has been excellent, whenever I have concern or question about anything they are ready to answer and help me out. They are very professional and understanding and take their time to help me test my system every month. I would definitely recommend Lifefone.

brian davis New York, NY

was very impressed last month when my mother needed to be taken to a doctor after pressing her lifefone button. The customer service was friendly and expedient and feel peace of mind-- definitely recommend this service. BD

S Matthews New York, NY

We got this service for my Mom 2 years ago and we have been very pleased with it. Lifefone has gotten her help quickly every time she needs it, she falls quite often. They also call us every time to let us know whats going on, which is great! The operators are really patient with her. We recommend lifefone to all our friends who worry about their parents being alone. So good job!

Betsy B Miami, FL

My mother has had LifeFone since my father died six years ago. The service gives us both tremendous peace of mind. She is very particular, and she finds the people there to be both helpful and professional. We had a false alarm about nine months ago when her phone was busy for hours. I didn't know what to do, as I was living in another state. I was ready to get on a plane, fearing the worst. I called LifeFone for advice, and the LifeFone agent was wonderful. She suggested that she send a police officer to do a welfare check. It turned out that my mother had left the phone off the hook. LifeFone gave me a simple and fast solution. They were reassuring and effective at a time when I was panicking, and I am very grateful.

Kathy V. Bay Shore, NY

We got LifeFone for my mom who lives 1000 miles away in a rural area. She'd had a mild heart attack and was weak on her feet, and we were all worried she would fall and not get help for hours. I feel so much better knowing she can speak with someone immediately, who will get her help quickly. The customer service people were very kind and patient with us when we called with questions. My sisters and I are glad that we chose this company.

Victoria Riley Poughkeepsie, NY

We are very happy with the piece of mind having LifeFone gave me and my family. Knowing our mother is only the push of a button away from getting help if she needs it reassures us all. All the people I've dealt with, from the Central Station to billing qustions we had were, were very helpful and easy to deal with.

jane limberg West Bend, WI

Had LIFEFONE for 2 years - not knowing there was no landline. Paid for an unavailable service & was never advised accordingly.

Matthew H Fort Myers, FL

I bought LifeFone for my grandmother last year. She has used it a few times now and the employees at LifeFone were very nice and seemed helpful when we talked to them. We are very happy because she wears it all the time and we even recommended it to our neighbor!