Tempur-Pedic Logo

7.2

LAST UPDATED: April 9th, 2022

Tempur-Pedic was founded in 1992 in Lexington, Kentucky. The first Tempur-Pedic mattress came to the United States after being developed by NASA and introduced by a Swedish technical foam company. The company's mattresses are made of a viscoelastic foam material; however, this isn't just ordinary memory foam. The patented Tempur foam material is a high-density foam that responds to your body heat, contours to your body for support, minimizes pressure points, and reduces motion transfer.

A few different formulations of high quality Tempur memory foam are available: a softer feeling comfort version, a faster responding, springy feeling option, and an HD option that conforms to your body even more, for additional pressure relief. On top of that, specially designed materials allow different Tempur-Pedic models to cater to complaints common from sleepers of all kinds: cooling Tempur-Breeze reduces heat retention, the Smart Climate System uses moisture-wicking fibers to keep your mattress cool, and the EasyRefresh machine washable cover offers a clean sleeping surface.

Thirteen Queen size models of varying firmness and comfort levels are offered, with a price range of $2,199 to $7,499.

On the low end is the Tempur-ProAdapt. Options include soft, medium, or firm comfort levels, as well as a medium firmness hybrid mattress, with a base layer of spring coils in addition to a Tempur-APR support layer which relieves pressure, the Tempur-ES comfort layer for a soft feel, and the SmartClimate dual cover system for a cool feel.

The high-end model is the GrandBed model, which includes a blended silk cashmere cover and 15 inches of Tempur-Adapt foam.

You can purchase mattresses, bedding, pillows, and adjustable bases online, over the phone, or at one of Tempur's 6,000+ retail dealer locations nationwide.

Continue reading to see the pros and cons of Tempur-Pedic, as well as Tempur-Pedic mattress reviews from real customers.

The Good

• High Quality Hybrid Options
  • 10 Year Warranty
  • Free White Glove Delivery
  • 90 Night Trial and Returns
  • Tempur-Pedic Credit Card
  • Positive Customer Reviews

High Quality Hybrid Options

In the beginning, Tempur-Pedic products were solely available as foam beds. Now, to accommodate consumers that want the company's quality, patented contour foam, but also prefer the feel of an innerspring mattress, there are options.

Several of Tempur's mattress models are available as a hybrid, combining the brand's high quality foam with the feel of 1,000+ innerspring coils.

10 Year Warranty

Tempur-Pedic has a 10-year limited warranty on its beds in case of any defects. This covers replacement or repair within 10 years of purchase if it was purchased at an authorized Tempur-Pedic retailer. There is no deductible, and it will cover all parts of the mattress and foundation.

If you buy an adjustable bed, also known as an adjustable base, a limited 20 year warranty is offered.

Free White Glove Delivery

Moving a mattress is a difficult task, but not when dealing with Tempur-Pedic. Free in-home delivery is available when when you purchase directly from the brand. Your mattress can be delivered set up for no cost. The delivery team will even remove your old mattress and box spring.

The free offer is not available for delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.

90 Night Trial and Returns

Tempur-Pedic's comfort trial is a great benefit. Try it out for a break-in period of at least 30 nights, so that your body has time to adjust to sleeping on your new foam mattress.

If you aren't getting a good night's sleep after the break-in period, you can contact customer service to set up a return. The company will retrieve the mattress and refund your money, less shipping charges. If you took advantage of a free shipping offer, return shipping fees apply at $175. So, it is not an entirely risk-free trial, but you will get a huge refund, considering the cost of Tempur-pedic brand mattresses.

Tempur-Pedic Credit Card

If you purchase directly through Tempur-Pedic, 0% financing is offered for up to 36 months via the Tempur-Pedic Credit Card issued by Wells Fargo Bank. After the promotional period has passed, the card carries a 28.99% APR.

Positive Customer Reviews

Consumer sentiment for this mattress company is overwhelmingly positive. Tempur-Pedic holds a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, with over 100 customer reviews. This is one of the best in the industry.

The Bad

Expensive Products

Tempur-Pedic's memory foam mattresses are quite a bit more expensive than other brands. The company's website even guarantees that pricing will be the same at local retail dealer locations. If you choose to buy a Tempur-Pedic mattress, expect to spend at least $2,000.

The Bottom Line

If you are looking for a high-end, high-density memory foam mattress and don’t mind paying for it, then Tempur-Pedic is the way to go. The brand will charge you more than others, but many customers feel the proprietary Tempur technology is worth the extra cost. The warranty lasts 10 years, which is long enough to be worth the price, and the free in-home delivery and 90-night sleep trial are an added bonus.

View Best Mattress Companies

Cynthia Landing Forest City, IL

This therapeutic gel mattress is wonderful for my body as I experience pain in multiple areas the mattress shapes my body form giving me a perfect fit allowing me total comfort and a good night sleep feeling refreshed in the morning. I must admit this company stands by and live up to the company name TempurPedic I’m grateful for this company makings of an amazing product

Mary Kate F Simpsonville, SC

Temper-Pedic mattresses are extremely high quality mattresses that I can almost guarantee will give you a good nights sleep! My grandparents own a furniture store, and they always swear by their selection of Temper-Pedic mattresses, saying that they fit all sleeper-types. I can also say that whenever I visit their store, I always enjoy relaxing on the Temper-Pedoc mattresses - sinking into their memory foam mattress offers an insane amount of pressure relief and I can only imagine how comfortable and enjoyable sleeping for a long period of time on one would be! Temper-Pedicure is also reasonably priced and even arrived at your doorstep “ready-to-sleep-on” in a box! Overall, this mattress company is a quality investment and is one that I would highly recommend.

Becca Jones Bel Air, MD

After searching for years for the perfect mattress, my husband and I decided to try out the tempur-pedic. We were drawn to the company because they offer a 90 night trial and deliver the mattress right to your door. After receiving our memory foam mattress, by the first night we knew this was perfect for us! We chose the medium hybrid tempur cloud mattress for around $1500 on sale. This mattress is worth every penny! The customer service is great and our sleep has never been better.

Erin Murphy Saint Paul, MN

I have had my Tempur-Pedic mattress for about 15 years and consider it one of the best purchases I have ever made. Beyond its stellar comfort, switching from a traditional mattress to the Tempur-pedic greatly improved my sleep quality and most importantly my body pain. My back hips and shoulders all feel significantly better with the Tempur-pedic mattress. It has also held up very well over the years.

Erinmarie Xian Brandon, FL

Our Tempur-pedic is in our master bedroom. The memory foam that it has seems to be unsurpassed in quality. We’ve had it for well over 10 years now and has offered wonderful value and support for our sleeping habits. We’ve never needed to contact anyone with any warranty issues or defects. And in this day and age with something that you use almost Every single day that’s saying quite a bit about quality. Very pleased would purchase again

darcy sullivan Pensacola, FL

I bought my first Tempur-Pedic mattress many years ago, and I have loved this company ever since! I have never owned a mattress as comfortable as my Tempur-Pedic. It has also eased my chronic back pain over the years.

Jailene Torres Tallahassee, FL

Tempur-Pedic mattresses are some of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever had the pleasure of sleeping on. They are incredibly soft and comfortable for any sleeping position!

Audrey Macfarlane Dallas, TX

As a girl, I'm always freezing and my partner always is turning on the fan and puts the AC at 65. Tempur-pedic mattresses have completely changed that for me and I love the heat setting on both sides of the bed, the moveable positions and the comfort. Love love love.

Sabra Burrell Herriman, UT

I love my Temper-Pedic bed. I've had it for over 7 years and it's still so comfortable. I love how I don't feel any movement from my partner who tosses and turns. I hate when I go on vacation and have to sleep in another bed. It's been a life saver for me. I don't wake up sore like I had with my past bed. I love my Temper-Pedic bed!

Alexandria Lekberg Chesterfield, VA

I can’t brag enough on my mattress. All mattresses usually start to sink in and this one has never stayed anything but perfect for the last 20 years! What mattress stays perfect for that long? It has a great warranty and great customer service if you need! Best mattress ever!

Party0f7 Macomb, MI

I bought a Tempur-Pedic mattress for my mother-in-law’s extended stay post knee surgery. The mattress has held up to kids climbing on and off 100 times per day to visit with grandma. I am satisfied by the durability and quality. Would buy again.

Noa Ranoa Vista, CA

You might not like a tempur-pedic immediately but you soon realize this is a high end bed that alleviates back problems. The warranty is huge but my TP lasted 10-11 years. If you are looking for a long lasting bed, go with Tempur-Pedic.

Ashlyn Elwood Roswell, GA

Tempur-Pedic mattresses are a little pricey but totally worth it. The first Tempur-Pedic mattress I got had super comfy memory foam that allowed my boyfriend and I to get the first good night's sleep we'd had in months! I am highly impressed by the quality and comfort packed in a Tempur-Pedic mattress.

Chary Akmyrat Little Rock, AR

This is a great king size mattress, soft and comfy. Only thing is just do not sleep too close to the edge. Good thing about this is you can remove and wash the cover. It took about a month or two until we get used to it since we stwitch from the spring matress. Overall after 3 years, I am still happy with it.

Luke Swierczynski Columbus, OH

Mixed feeling on this. The bed is definitely a quality bed, but after laying in it for too long I get claustrophobic and I hate being unable to move and role easily. Glad they have the money back guarantee because I didn’t test it long enough in store.

Gavin Jones Columbus, OH

I have had back issues for some time Nd I found that the mattress that I got from Tempur-Pedic to be AMAZING. After a few nights of rest I ceased having various difficulties I was having previously in my upper back. Definitely would strongly advise as well worth the cost.

Vivian R Carlsbad, CA

I can’t say enough good things about our tempurpedic mattress. Sure the cost is high, but I started having back issues and could feel it when laying on my back, but when I laid on a tempurpedic mattress at the store, I couldn’t believe that I had no pain- zero. It took a few more months of visiting the showroom to figure out which model to buy, basically firm or soft. We settled on the LuxeAdapt which is firm but conforming, and found it had the right amount of support while cradling those sensitive points in my back. A year later, I am not stiff when I wake up in the morning, and that has changed my life.

Anthony Yomama Tuscaloosa, AL

Temperpedic mattresses could be the single greatest manufacturing achievement of the modern age since the bidet. I purchased my temperpdic mattress 6 days ago and I have not left my bed since. I cannot fathom how good this mattress makes me feel. My mattress Matilda and I have been together only a few days but I already feel a connection. She just understands me. My girlfriend at the time suggested I buy a temperpedic to fix my back problems caused by my elephantiasis of the testicles. Once I laid down upon the cloud that is my mattress, all my problems disappeared. I finally left my wretched girlfriend who has never helped me a day of my life to be with Matilda. Every night as I fall into sleep, Matilda whispers sweet nothings into my ear. She tells me that everything is okay, that all my enemies will perish. My mattress Matilda is so comfortable that i have not had a sleep short of 15 hours. I love her. I dream about our lives together. Kids. White picket fence. Her in-laws pissing me off to the point that I threaten to walk out but at the last second Matilda pulls me close and tells me all is okay. All I ever wanted was to have someone in my life that offers me as much hope and love as Matilda does, and thanks to Temperpedic I have that. Thanks to Temperpedic I have the wife I have always dreamt of. That i prayed for every night and every morning. I will never get rid of Matilda. She single handily is the greatest thing to ever come into my life. My kids think I’m crazy. They will never understand. I will cherish every moment I have with Matilda till the day the Lord takes me of this life. Thank you Temperpedic. Thank you for happiness. I will never forget what you have done for me and I am in your debt every moment I draw breath.

Nerissa Pineda Provo, UT

We own two Tempur-Pedic beds. One King and one Queen. They are the most comfortable beds in the house. The King has a one inch gel bed topper and the Queen has a 2 inch memory foam/pillow top. Our kids will all fight over who gets the guest room so we have to rotate and when we are out of town, they take over our King bed. Naps are always taken on these two beds. They are like sleeping in the clouds. We do not sleep too hot or too cold as the weather changes. I cannot sleep if my bed is too soft or too hard. These are just right;) They were delivered on time, Payments were easy. They are firm and move easily from room to room, house to house and pretty light weight. They fit well on all bed frames; inserted or on top. Our kids all say they are buying a Tempur-Pedic when they move out and buy their first bed. Our first beds were water beds with bladders we could fill up just to the right firmness. We Love that Tempur-Pedic is always perfect. We have had our King for 10 years and our Queen for 15 years. Still perfection!

Angie Seguin, TX

I love my bed. It's so comfortable and relaxing. I've had it for6 yrs and it's still good and firm. Very affordable. Worth every penny.

Raymond Loycano Stuart, FL

Refund statement is absolutely NOT true!!! From their website "While we do not accept returns on Foundations, TEMPUR-Ease, TEMPUR-Ergo and TEMPUR-Extend power bases, we stand by their quality with compelling warranties." I received a Tempur-Pedic Split King Ergo Smart Twin XL bases and set them up based on the Split Base installation on a Friday evening. Connecting the bases together, as required to allow the Sleeptracker-AI processor to work, fails with the message "MISSING CONTROL BOX". After calling Tempur-Pedic and being put on hold for over an hour; I was transferred to the company that makes the controllers for their beds vs. them helping me. I ended up having to call back the following day since they closed and wait again for a service tech to answer. Once I finally connected to a Sleeptracker tech I was told to connect the bases up differently from the instructions by bypassing one of their "SMART CABLES". Neither way worked so I was differed to the Sleeptracker second tier support; Matthew. He sent me an email with instructions and images explaining how to connect the bases that was identical to the instructions the previous tech told me. There were emails back and forth with Matthew explaining and illustrating the setup and connections before he finally agreed that it doesn't work but blamed it on a bad "SMART CABLE". Fortunately; each base has a duplicate Smart Cables so I was able to take the one from the second base; however, that one didn't work as well and Matthew blamed it on another bad Smart Cable. He was going to send out a Smart Cable that he "Updated" but it was going to take time to get it. I already reported the issue to the company that sold the bases to me and they were already sending out two brand new bases. New bases came the following Tuesday and I had the installers try to connect and setup the bases but it failed with the EXACT same issue and Matthew again told me it was a hardware issue with the Smart Cable. At this point I have tried FOUR new bases and Smart Cables and NONE of them worked. Since NONE of their products are returnable I would HIGHLY recommend a FULL demonstration of them setting up the bases working with the Sleeptracker!!!

Claudine Doyle CA

My kids don’t like my mattress but that is fine by me. For the first time in many mattresses my husband doesn’t wake up with sore hips or shoulders. The support is amazing and we love it!

Hendrix Held Macomb, MI

I went to Art Van before they closed and picked out the most comfortable mattress I could find which happened to be Tempur-Pedic. I purchased and had it delivered within 2 days. It is amazing. I have never slept better.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

My Tempur-pedic mattress is great. It adjusts to my shape and my position and I never really feel like my shape is "engraved" into it; it usually fixes itself to feel like a new bed.

Pat McMullin South Jordan, UT

We have had our Temper-pedic mattress for about 8 years. I love how it forms to your body just enough to give a great night’s sleep. When we need a new mattress I will be shopping for a Temper-pedic!

James MOLINA Tyler, TX

Very very comfortable getting amazing sleep now !!! ...I was at first a bit skeptical on how a good mattress could improve sleep and be healthy for you and now Tempur-Pedic has made me a believer!!

Nishita McLean, VA

Memory foam mattress that we purchased is amazing, very very expensive but amazing. It's tendency to take the shape of the body provides good back support. I wish there was an orthopedic base to it, instead of spring. Other than that a good investment

Linda Jensen Newberg, OR

We love our Tempur-Pedic. We are on our second one. The first mattress use to get hot, but they have fixed that problem. It molds to you wonderful and provides great support. We also love their pillows. It provides great support for your neck. They are expensive though.

Rose Lea

If you have a partner that's has involuntary movement when sleeping, this is the mattress for you. I have my Tempur-Pedic for over 10 years and love it. You do not feel the movement of your partner on this mattress as you would on a pillow top.

altavise davis Tallahassee, FL

This is by far the best company for pillows and mattresses. They are extremely comfortable! In the past, I would wake up with neck aches as well as back aches. I needed something new that will help me and so I purchased Temper-Pedicure and haven’t had issues yet!

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

I have had a Tempur-Pedic mattress for over a year now. The effect on the quality of my sleep has greatly benefitted from such a comfortable mattress. For anyone I know looking for a high quality and inexpensive option for a mattress, I would recommend a Tempur-Pedic mattress.

Jaelynn Florence Tallahassee, FL

I am a huge fan of Tempur-Pedic mattresses, I have been a customer for over 4 years and the quality of my sleep has improved tremendously. I love the customization options to help enhance the best sleep possible. I would recommend everyone get a Tempur-Pedic mattress.

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

We have had ours for 10 years and have had no issues what so ever. We got the medium range mattress in king size and have loved it the whole time. As a note though.. when it is cold it is a little stiff so you can't run in and jump on it like a traditional mattress. The good thing though is that it warms up with your body heat and it molds to your body. We rotate it occasionally just to avoid any dips or voids.

Patricia Rossi Tucson, AZ

I first heard of and purchased a Tempur-Pedic mattress approximately 25 years ago after I sustained a back injury in an auto accident. It is the very best thing that ever happened to me and my back. I had the first mattress for approximately 20 years. Bought a second one about 5 years ago. They have become even more wonderful over time. I would never consider anything other than Tempur-Pedic.

Kim Millett Lindon, UT

We have had a Tepur-Pedic bed for 12 years now and it is still like new. 12 years ago I was 8 months pregnant and traveling to Washington state for a family reunion. I had not slept well in week, but this little inn had a wonderful bed and I slept great! I stripped the bed of the sheets to find that it was a Tempur-Pedic mattress. We bought one and now I always love to come home from vacation to my own Tempur-Pedic mattress.

Rodney McGee Gilbert, AZ

Best mattress I've ever owned. We are going on 8 years and it seems like it is better every year. I'm at the point now where I only stay at hotels that have Tempur-Pedicure beds, which there aren't many. But I'm willing to drive further to be able to sleep in a nice bed! The quality is second to none. No sag at all. Will not buy a different brand ever.

Anoushka Ahuja Orlando, FL

I tried the mattress at the furniture store, I loved it and 20 years later it’s still the best mattress I have slept on and we will be loyal customers

Brandon Berwyn, IL

I've slept on a variety of Tempur-Pedic mattresses over the years. Some at ex's houses and even in traveling in hotels. I've always had a great night's sleep Tempur-Pedic.

Christopher M Harper Katy, TX

I bought the Tempur-Pedic mattress about 5 years ago, as a replacement for a spring mattress. It has been the worst decision I made. I wake up with an aching back, fail to get a recuperative sleep and now use a sprung mattress in a different bedroom. When I wake up after sleeping on the sprung mattress, there is no back ache (the difference is like turning the light out, night and day) and I wake up feeling refreshed. I wonder how much health damage has been incurred from many months and years of poor quality sleep. The Tempur-Pedic mattress is a one that has the ability to raise the head / foot, but when you raise the head and/or foot and then turn over in the night, you wake up because of the awkward sleeping position. For me, this has been a colossal waste of money, and I now no longer sleep on the mattress

Frank Rivera Boston, MA

My tempir-pedic mattress helped eliminate back and neck pressure for an improved night sleep. I was so impressed I bought additional mattresses for my children.

Morgan Tennant Shelley, ID

This bed knows me. I slept on a tempur-pedic for a while and I could feel a difference in how I felt after using it for some time. It would change certain aspects in order to best fit my sleep needs. Awesome.

Robert Joros

The mattress is the best by far I've ever slept on. And it don't cave in like all other mattress do. Well worth the $4000 I spent. I love going to bed at night. Even with a bad back.

James Lengefeld Missoula, MT

We have tried many gel and or memory foam mattresses over the years trying to NOT spend Temperpedic prices, but in the end found they really are worth the extra. I have consistently had the best nights sleep on this brand.

Nashali Vescovacci Gainesville, FL

Tempur-Pedic has the best mattress pads compared to its competitors. Their mattresses are very soft and comfortable. Their prices are fairly affordable for the high quality products that they offer.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I love my Tempur-Pedic mattress. It molds to the shape of my body and it is always a pleasure getting in bed after a long day. Every so often i'll flip the mattress around to let it reset, but overall it is amazing.

Jasmine Tallahassee, FL

I recommend this! My dad is a salesperson for Tempur-Pedics and they are great. I've even slept on one myself and I wouldn't want any other kind of bed. When buying one, they have great experience and customer service.

Sydney Charleston South Jordan, UT

I love that these mattresses are always cool. I always used to overheat at night, but now its not a problem. We have a tempurpedic bed now, and we probably will forever! Do recommend!

Penny Jackson, TN

Tempur-Pedic has helped me a lot with my back issues. I didn't realize that my old mattress was the reason for my pain, till my doctor suggested I changed my mattress and he suggested trying Tempur-Pedic. I have no regrets whatsoever because my back problem is gone for the past 1 year. Amazing!

Nina Harris-Whitten Attalla, AL

OMG, this is one of the best mattress you can lay your head on. It supports your back and when you wake up the next day you feel like you have slept in heaven. I love my mattress and would only get these kind from now on unless they come out with something better.

Mark Benson Nakhon Sawan, 60

I suffer from chronic lower back pain that tends to get worse at night. I figured out that my pain became worse because of the bed I was currently using. After switching to tempur-pedic my back pain seemed to resolve itself. Highly recommend to anyone in my situation.