Tempur-Pedic Logo

8.1

Tempur-Pedic was founded in 1992 in Lexington, Kentucky. The first Tempur-Pedic mattress came to the United States after being developed by NASA and introduced by a Swedish technical foam company. The company's mattresses are made of a viscoelastic foam material; however, this isn't just ordinary memory foam. The patented Tempur foam material is a high-density foam that responds to your body heat, contours to your body for support, minimizes pressure points, and reduces motion transfer.

A few different formulations of high quality Tempur memory foam are available: a softer feeling comfort version, a faster responding, springy feeling option, and an HD option that conforms to your body even more, for additional pressure relief. On top of that, specially designed materials allow different Tempur-Pedic models to cater to complaints common from sleepers of all kinds: cooling Tempur-Breeze reduces heat retention, the Smart Climate System uses moisture-wicking fibers to keep your mattress cool, and the EasyRefresh machine washable cover offers a clean sleeping surface.

Thirteen Queen size models of varying firmness and comfort levels are offered, with a price range of $2,199 to $7,499.

On the low end is the Tempur-ProAdapt. Options include soft, medium, or firm comfort levels, as well as a medium firmness hybrid mattress, with a base layer of spring coils in addition to a Tempur-APR support layer which relieves pressure, the Tempur-ES comfort layer for a soft feel, and the SmartClimate dual cover system for a cool feel.

The high-end model is the GrandBed model, which includes a blended silk cashmere cover and 15 inches of Tempur-Adapt foam.

You can purchase mattresses, bedding, pillows, and adjustable bases online, over the phone, or at one of Tempur's 6,000+ retail dealer locations nationwide.

Continue reading to see the pros and cons of Tempur-Pedic, as well as Tempur-Pedic mattress reviews from real customers.

The Good

• High Quality Hybrid Options
  • 10 Year Warranty
  • Free White Glove Delivery
  • 90 Night Trial and Returns
  • Tempur-Pedic Credit Card
  • Positive Customer Reviews

High Quality Hybrid Options

In the beginning, Tempur-Pedic products were solely available as foam beds. Now, to accommodate consumers that want the company's quality, patented contour foam, but also prefer the feel of an innerspring mattress, there are options.

Several of Tempur's mattress models are available as a hybrid, combining the brand's high quality foam with the feel of 1,000+ innerspring coils.

10 Year Warranty

Tempur-Pedic has a 10-year limited warranty on its beds in case of any defects. This covers replacement or repair within 10 years of purchase if it was purchased at an authorized Tempur-Pedic retailer. There is no deductible, and it will cover all parts of the mattress and foundation.

If you buy an adjustable bed, also known as an adjustable base, a limited 20 year warranty is offered.

Free White Glove Delivery

Moving a mattress is a difficult task, but not when dealing with Tempur-Pedic. Free in-home delivery is available when when you purchase directly from the brand. Your mattress can be delivered set up for no cost. The delivery team will even remove your old mattress and box spring.

The free offer is not available for delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.

90 Night Trial and Returns

Tempur-Pedic's comfort trial is a great benefit. Try it out for a break-in period of at least 30 nights, so that your body has time to adjust to sleeping on your new foam mattress.

If you aren't getting a good night's sleep after the break-in period, you can contact customer service to set up a return. The company will retrieve the mattress and refund your money, less shipping charges. If you took advantage of a free shipping offer, return shipping fees apply at $175. So, it is not an entirely risk-free trial, but you will get a huge refund, considering the cost of Tempur-pedic brand mattresses.

Tempur-Pedic Credit Card

If you purchase directly through Tempur-Pedic, 0% financing is offered for up to 36 months via the Tempur-Pedic Credit Card issued by Wells Fargo Bank. After the promotional period has passed, the card carries a 28.99% APR.

Positive Customer Reviews

Consumer sentiment for this mattress company is overwhelmingly positive. Tempur-Pedic holds a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, with over 100 customer reviews. This is one of the best in the industry.

The Bad

Expensive Products

Tempur-Pedic's memory foam mattresses are quite a bit more expensive than other brands. The company's website even guarantees that pricing will be the same at local retail dealer locations. If you choose to buy a Tempur-Pedic mattress, expect to spend at least $2,000.

The Bottom Line

If you are looking for a high-end, high-density memory foam mattress and don’t mind paying for it, then Tempur-Pedic is the way to go. The brand will charge you more than others, but many customers feel the proprietary Tempur technology is worth the extra cost. The warranty lasts 10 years, which is long enough to be worth the price, and the free in-home delivery and 90-night sleep trial are an added bonus.

View Best Mattress Companies

Whitney Wilkins West Valley City, UT

I have never slept better. Seriously the best bed to sleep and relax in. The adjustable head and feet make it perfect for any occasion. I also love how you can change the power of the massage separately for your head, middle, and feet.

Vivian R Carlsbad, CA

I can’t say enough good things about our tempurpedic mattress. Sure the cost is high, but I started having back issues and could feel it when laying on my back, but when I laid on a tempurpedic mattress at the store, I couldn’t believe that I had no pain- zero. It took a few more months of visiting the showroom to figure out which model to buy, basically firm or soft. We settled on the LuxeAdapt which is firm but conforming, and found it had the right amount of support while cradling those sensitive points in my back. A year later, I am not stiff when I wake up in the morning, and that has changed my life.

Ari ,

I recently bought the Tempur‐Pedic Ergo and it is great! I love its features on the wireless remote and the massages. It makes you feel more rested and helps you get rid of backaches.

Nicole Hendersonville, TN

We got our luxe breeze mattress a few weeks ago after the initial mattress had to be replaced due to a tear noted upon delivery. Second mattress was so quick to “break in.” We sleep better than we ever have before!

Brendon Haacke Kuna, ID

After a long, arduous search for a new bed, we went ahead and purchased the ProAdapt Medium and couldn’t be happier. It’s the perfect balance between firmness and softness. We started sleeping on the bed one year ago and it is as comfortable today as it was on day one. Very satisfied!

Gina Marie Commack, NY

I purchase a Tempur-pedic and I am in love with it thank you for such an easy sleep and great customer service. Although the price may be a bit high for some, it’s worth it

Tammy West Valley City, UT

Seems expensive for a mattress but after getting a tempur-Pedic I stopped waking up with joint pain. I sleep better and love the adjustable base the massages.

Justin Pumilia Saint Paul, MN

I have had a Tempur-Pedic for almost 5 years now I love this mattress. Very comfortable and does not leave craters. Always reforms perfectly and never had any problems with it. 100% can recommend this product.

Steve Reina Inverness, FL

We have had the same tempur-pedicure bed for approximately 10 years and it still looks like new. No issues. Keep in mind that the mattress reacts to temperature fluctuations. When it’s cold, the mattress is firmer and when it’s warm the mattress is more comfortable

Frankie Cibolo, TX

Tempur-Pedic is a very good solution to those with sleeping issues or back pain. I have had mine for about a year and love it!

Tonia Ziter Midvale, UT

Great Product. Have had my bed for a few years now. Definitely breaks down over time. When you zip the bed cover off of the mattress, the fabric covering it has come apart and the pad starts to degrade.

Lucia C Toronto, ON

Superior product so far. 3 months with the new mattress. You can see the quality of it compared to our old mattress. It took a while to get used to it but now it feels like MY bed.

Mari Clarkston, GA

Best sleep you will ever get. I enjoyed picking from the variety of soft to firm mattresses. Price vary but if you price during the right time of the year your bound to get a good deal and have a great nights rest.

Vic Omaha, NE

The BEST mattress I have EVER bought, bar-none. I bought the hybrid version, and it's a great mix between spring and full foam mattresses. It's very comfortable; just the right mix of softness and firmness.

Teri M. Logan, UT

We bought a Tempur-Pedic about 10 years ago and I STILL love our bed. It is comfortable and doesn't have an imprint where we lay each night. If we ever have to get another bed, it will definitely be a Tempur-Pedic again. We also have two of their pillows and LOVE them as well.

Lisa White Taylor, MI

I have had a TempurPedic for 10 years. As long as it's protected with a matress cover, and rotate the matress a few times a year, it is a well made. You will get restful sleep. It tends to hold heat, and certain "bedroom" activities are a bit more difficult, as you sink a bit into the mattress, holding yourself up , with arms. Besides those issues. It is a top notch sleep!

Steve Ashby , AZ

I love my mattress...after going 20+ years with our last mattress and basically sleeping in a "taco", this new mattress has been a dream. We recently returned from a trip and as I laid down I thought how great the mattress is. King and firm, my wife and I can move all over and we never feel any shake or movement that wakes up the other person.

Dr Al Sarno Manhattan, KS

Sleeping on a cloud and no more neck or back pain for 10+ years! Well worth the money!

Anthony Yomama Tuscaloosa, AL

Temperpedic mattresses could be the single greatest manufacturing achievement of the modern age since the bidet. I purchased my temperpdic mattress 6 days ago and I have not left my bed since. I cannot fathom how good this mattress makes me feel. My mattress Matilda and I have been together only a few days but I already feel a connection. She just understands me. My girlfriend at the time suggested I buy a temperpedic to fix my back problems caused by my elephantiasis of the testicles. Once I laid down upon the cloud that is my mattress, all my problems disappeared. I finally left my wretched girlfriend who has never helped me a day of my life to be with Matilda. Every night as I fall into sleep, Matilda whispers sweet nothings into my ear. She tells me that everything is okay, that all my enemies will perish. My mattress Matilda is so comfortable that i have not had a sleep short of 15 hours. I love her. I dream about our lives together. Kids. White picket fence. Her in-laws pissing me off to the point that I threaten to walk out but at the last second Matilda pulls me close and tells me all is okay. All I ever wanted was to have someone in my life that offers me as much hope and love as Matilda does, and thanks to Temperpedic I have that. Thanks to Temperpedic I have the wife I have always dreamt of. That i prayed for every night and every morning. I will never get rid of Matilda. She single handily is the greatest thing to ever come into my life. My kids think I’m crazy. They will never understand. I will cherish every moment I have with Matilda till the day the Lord takes me of this life. Thank you Temperpedic. Thank you for happiness. I will never forget what you have done for me and I am in your debt every moment I draw breath.

Nerissa Pineda Provo, UT

We own two Tempur-Pedic beds. One King and one Queen. They are the most comfortable beds in the house. The King has a one inch gel bed topper and the Queen has a 2 inch memory foam/pillow top. Our kids will all fight over who gets the guest room so we have to rotate and when we are out of town, they take over our King bed. Naps are always taken on these two beds. They are like sleeping in the clouds. We do not sleep too hot or too cold as the weather changes. I cannot sleep if my bed is too soft or too hard. These are just right;) They were delivered on time, Payments were easy. They are firm and move easily from room to room, house to house and pretty light weight. They fit well on all bed frames; inserted or on top. Our kids all say they are buying a Tempur-Pedic when they move out and buy their first bed. Our first beds were water beds with bladders we could fill up just to the right firmness. We Love that Tempur-Pedic is always perfect. We have had our King for 10 years and our Queen for 15 years. Still perfection!

amycray Bangor, ME

I like it but I seemed to get more hot in bed

Nishita McLean, VA

Memory foam mattress that we purchased is amazing, very very expensive but amazing. It's tendency to take the shape of the body provides good back support. I wish there was an orthopedic base to it, instead of spring. Other than that a good investment

Linda Jensen Newberg, OR

We love our Tempur-Pedic. We are on our second one. The first mattress use to get hot, but they have fixed that problem. It molds to you wonderful and provides great support. We also love their pillows. It provides great support for your neck. They are expensive though.

Rose Lea

If you have a partner that's has involuntary movement when sleeping, this is the mattress for you. I have my Tempur-Pedic for over 10 years and love it. You do not feel the movement of your partner on this mattress as you would on a pillow top.

Kim Millett Lindon, UT

We have had a Tepur-Pedic bed for 12 years now and it is still like new. 12 years ago I was 8 months pregnant and traveling to Washington state for a family reunion. I had not slept well in week, but this little inn had a wonderful bed and I slept great! I stripped the bed of the sheets to find that it was a Tempur-Pedic mattress. We bought one and now I always love to come home from vacation to my own Tempur-Pedic mattress.

Rodney McGee Gilbert, AZ

Best mattress I've ever owned. We are going on 8 years and it seems like it is better every year. I'm at the point now where I only stay at hotels that have Tempur-Pedicure beds, which there aren't many. But I'm willing to drive further to be able to sleep in a nice bed! The quality is second to none. No sag at all. Will not buy a different brand ever.

Keith Anderson Henderson, NV

We went to the furniture store looking for a mattress I've been seeing advertising and commercials for Tempur-Pedic and was really excited to try the mattress. but when we got there and tried the mattress it was way too hard I sleep on my side so it was shoving my shoulder into my neck if you sleep on your stomach or on your back it might be a pretty good mattress for you but if you sleep on your side forget about it this mattress is not for you

“Sunpro ballers” this is for y’all especially our mr boss :-) Mission, TX

Amazing beds to sleep on. Forms just to you. I’ve gotten better rest because of this mattress would gladly let anyone know to go get a bed from then it’s life changing!

Robert Joros

The mattress is the best by far I've ever slept on. And it don't cave in like all other mattress do. Well worth the $4000 I spent. I love going to bed at night. Even with a bad back.

James Lengefeld Missoula, MT

We have tried many gel and or memory foam mattresses over the years trying to NOT spend Temperpedic prices, but in the end found they really are worth the extra. I have consistently had the best nights sleep on this brand.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

We bought a Tempur-Pedic mattress when we were first married and after almost 10 years it started to really feel lumpy. I thought it was just time to purchase a new one but when I called they informed me it was included under my warrenty and that they would replace our mattress for free!! I am a Tempur-Pedic user for life!

Jada Scott Provo, UT

Tempur-Pedic changed my life! I was suffering from acute sciatica and was in constant pain when we purchased our Tempur-Pedic. The mattress is firm and supportive but still super comfortable. It's amazing what a difference a mattress can make on your back!

Christy Suguturaga Orem, UT

Very cozy. I have been sleeping very good often with two or three little kids who have ended up snuggling in during the night. I don’t feel anyone else moving around and I’m surprised when I wake up and have slept until my alarm wakes me up. It’s amazing!

Evelyn Chidester Riverton, UT

I actually really like the the tempur-Pedic pillows. They are a little pricey but I take mine everywhere because I sleep so much better when I have it. I've also tried the mattresses and they take a little getting use to and weren't really my favorite because they didn't really breathe and I would get hot. They were also a little harder to move in.

Sarah Provo, UT

I love love love my mattress as I just received back surgery and even though I am in pain, I feel relief whenever I am laying in my bed! I give major props to Tempur-Pedic as their mattresses have been nothing but good to me!

Shayla Hankins Lehi, UT

I got the best sleep of my life on a tempur-pedic mattress when I was on vacation with my family and I will always remember feeling so refreshed when I woke up. I want one for myself but it is currently out of my price range but still saving up for it because it is worth it.

MaKayla Christiansen Provo, UT

Growing up my mattress always wasn’t what I wanted. It was hard and not very comforting on the curves of my body. Once I got a Tempur-Pedic bed the way I feel about sleeping has changed. I actually have a comfortable place to sleep and I get a good night sleep without any aches and pains in the morning. I love my mattress

Dasha Directo Provo, UT

My Tempur-Pedic mattress is the most comfortable bed I've slept on. I look forward to coming back home after the school semesters because I miss my bed. I have back problems on my other mattresses, but not with my Tempur-Pedic mattress. I fall asleep easily on my bed as well.

Kyrstin South Jordan, UT

They’re just hands down the best mattress makers out there in my opinion. I love tempur pedic mattresses. I don’t have one myself (because they can be expensive...although totally worth it) but we had them in my parents house and I never had the back pain problems that I often have now!

Troy Millett Lindon, UT

When my wife was 8 months pregnant, we stayed at a cottage in the Seattle area that had all Tempur-Pedic mattresses. She loved it! Soon afterwards (probably 12 years ago), we purchased are own Tempur-Pedic mattress. We have loved it ever since. Even 12 years later, we think it is a better mattress than most others.

Jodie Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

My husband can be fidgety at night and with our old mattress, I felt every wiggle and jiggle! After too many sleepless nights, we went in search of a mattress that did not transfer the motion from one side of bed to the other. We found that in our Tempur-Pedic mattress! I have not been woken up from his restlessness since we got our new mattress!

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

We bought several cheaper mattresses when we were younger. Over the years, we kept waking up with progressively worse back pain. We finally decided it was time to invest in a nice mattress. We bought a Tempur-Pedic and will never go back. We even bought one for my parents house in the mountains so we have a nice mattress when we visit.

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

I recently got a Tempur-Pedic bed and it has changed my sleeping. I have extreme back and neck problems and their bed has helped me so much. I don't wake up in agonizing pain anymore. Try them out, especially if you have these body problems. It has really helped.

Carolann Contino Warrington, PA

I purchased this product 13 yrs ago and I still feel comfortable sleeping on this mattress.

Sierra Nixon Fort Lauderdale, FL

I currently sleep on a Tempur-Pedic mattress and it was a major upgrade from my last mattress. It is very comfortable.

Sarah Palmer Livermore, CA

Comfortable mattress if you get the right firmness for your needs. 2 problems, very pricey and VERY heavy so it can be difficult to make the king sized bed!

Carol Lewis Myrtle Beach, SC

Own a tempur-pedic and love it. We choose a soft comfortable bed. They do have firm beds available. Well worth the money spent!

Brayden Ibert Houston, TX

I love my Tempur-Pedic mattress. It’s the most comfortable bed I’ve slept in, and it was totally worth the price. The entire process was made easy by the staff. I’m so glad I went with Tempur-Pedic.

Jonathon Krysa Mount Pleasant, SC

Nasa... It is still unlike any other foam. There are some good ones out there like the Black Ice from Beautyrest, but the top of the line Tempur ALWAYS wins.

Cheryl Manson Ackermann

I suffer from spinal neck and shoulder pain and squeezing in my old bed was very painful. Now that I have Tempur-Pedic I sleep better I feel better and I wake up I'm free