Sealy Logo

8.0

LAST UPDATED: January 18th, 2022

Sealy Mattresses started in Sealy, Texas in the 1880s, and was acquired by Tempur-Pedic in 2012, making a new company called Tempur-Sealy International. Sealy is one of the largest mattress manufacturers in the world.

Two distinct offerings are available from Sealy, both a direct-sale bed in a box mattress line and a multi-tiered complex line only available through third-party sellers.

First, Cocoon by Sealy is a premium memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress that ships compressed, straight to your door. It comes with free ground shipping, hassle-free returns, and a 10-year warranty. In-home delivery is not available. If you aren’t satisfied, you have a 100-day period to exchange or refund, pick up your mattress, and donate it to charity.

For the Cocoon line only, financing is available through the Cocoon by Sealy Credit Card from Wells Fargo Bank. There are 0 percent interest options and a standard APR of 28.99 percent.

The Cocoon memory foam mattress line is the only direct-sale option. The company’s other mattresses are sold through third-party retailers both online and in local stores.

Innerspring, memory foam, and hybrid mattresses are available with Queen size models between $499-$2,499. In all, considering comfort levels available, over 24 different Queen size models are offered. Sealy mattresses are made in a “good,” “better,” “best” tiered system for each construction type. The "good" option is called Essential, the "better" option is called Performance, and the "best" option is called Premium.

Sealy Posturepedic mattresses and the technology behind them are a cornerstone of the brand. The technology targets and reinforces the middle third of the mattress where the heaviest part of your body rests. This is available in Sealy hybrid, innerspring and foam lines, in both the Performance and Premium collections.

See our breakdown of Sealy’s options:

Response Innerspring Collection: Choose between pocket coils and regular coils; an air foam, gel foam, or gel memory foam layer; different edge support options; and plush, cushion firm, firm, or ultra firm comfort levels to find yourself a comfortable mattress in this category. Additional features are added as you move up in quality (and price), from Essential to Performance and Premium. Posturepedic technology is available for the Performance and Premium mattresses Sealy offers in this category.

Conform Memory Foam Collection: Choose between the Essential, Performance and Premium options which all include a dense base layer of SealySupport Gel Foam and a comfort layer of Sealy ComfortSense Foam. Performance and Premium mattresses have an added Chill Gel Memory Foam comfort layer to help you feel cool when you sleep. Different mattress covers and firmness levels are available, along with Posturepedic technology for the Performance and Premium models.

Sealy Hybrid Collection: This collection combines the soft support of foam mattresses with the encased coils of Sealy's spring mattresses. The entry-level Essential includes a Dura-Flex Edge support system, Sealy Response Pro Encased Coils, and a comfort layer with Sealy ComfortSense foam that conforms to your body. The Performance and Premium models come with 20 percent more coils for Posturepedic support, high-quality Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam with Chill to keep you cool, and cushion firm, firm, plush, and even softer ultra plush comfort options to choose from.

Sealy also has its own line of adjustable foundations, as well as bedding, hypoallergenic pillows, mattress pads and toppers from American Textiles, plus crib mattresses and dog beds with a 5-year satisfaction guarantee.

The Good

• Options
  • Warranty

Options

Sealy employs an easy to understand tiered model for each type of mattress. It is easy to understand the different quality and support levels and identify a good match for your budget. Shoppers with mid to large budgets will be able to find a good match with Sealy.

Warranty

Current mattresses are warrantied for up to ten years. A 10-year limited warranty is pretty standard for most nationwide mattress brands. This is good, especially considering the low price points of the Essentials collections.

The Bad

• Price
  • Direct Sale

Price

Although it is nice to have so many options to choose from, only one queen size model comes under $500. Given the high-quality pricing of this mattress line, it may be out of many shoppers' budgets.

Direct Sale

Only the Cocoon bed-in-a-box line is available directly from Sealy. It would be nice to get the great shipping benefits and guarantee offered from Sealy with each purchase. As it is now, your purchase, trial or return policies, and shipping are left up to the retailer who sells you the mattress. You can buy Sealy mattresses at most third-party furniture stores, but also at big nationwide chains like Costco, Macy's, Ashley HomeStore, or online marketplaces like Wayfair and Amazon.

The Bottom Line

You can easily choose between a good mattress and a mid-level or a high-quality mattress within each of the Sealy memory foam mattress, coil, and hybrid lines. The company makes the distinction easy to understand. You also get a variety of options when it comes to support, pressure relief, and comfort levels, so you should be able to find an option that best fits your body and how you sleep.

Although there are multiple quality options, the lowest price for a queen size mattress is $499. The only option under $500 is the Sealy Essential Collection from the Response innerspring line.

View Best Mattress Companies

lozeerose San Antonio, TX

Sealy has always, to my mind, been a reliable go-to mattress manufacturer. And when I was looking for a new king mattress, they didn't disappoint me. I purchased my Sealy Posturepedic 13" Mount Auburn Medium Mattress on sale at Costco and it was worth every penny, even at a regular price. Mount Auburn is well constructed and precisely as advertised - medium firmness. Both my wife and I have slept as well on this mattress as we did on our previous Sealy, which was a queen. We purchased this one because we wanted a size upgrade. If Sealy continues to make mattresses like this, we will continue to purchase them. What excellent value!

Noa Ranoa Vista, CA

Sealy is the bed I've been with for years. I've had a tempur-pedic and a few others but Sealy is my go to. My cal king is extra firm. I don't have low back pain anymore. I don't sleep in the same spot anymore and my L4 feels great. Sealy construction is different from box beds that are delivered in a bag. Sealy feels more dense and firm. I've had mine for about 8 months now and it's still LIKE NEW.

Nancy Denault Eastpointe, MI

When my Sears mattress finally wore out I bought a Sealy. Great buy. I bought it on clearance for $199. It was the last one left. When I got it, I was so excited. Felt so good when I slept on it after sleeping on my wore out mattress. Very comfortable. Love my mattress. Still is. My back feels great after a great night's sleep. So days so comfy , I could just stay in bed all day. Sealy is a great mattress. Glad I bought the last one. Great price and great product. Definately recommend

K.H. Tehachapi, CA

Both my husband and I have bad backs, and we purchased a hybrid Sealy mattress two years ago, and we have been so happy. It doesn’t matter what mattress you purchase, you will once in a while wake up with aches and pains, but I certainly don’t wake up with as many with our hybrid Sealy mattress. I am so happy with this mattress, and I would definitely recommend Sealy to anyone looking for a new, not expensive mattress, and would definitely purchase another Sealy mattress.

Fr. Ron Nuzzi Miami, FL

I purchased my new Sealy Posturepedic queen-sized mattress for a local retailer in a place called Furniture Row. I asked for the most firm mattress on the floor. This is one id actually the second most firm as the first was much more expensive. Nonetheless, it is firm as I like it, well constructed, and sits on a solid box spring.

Cynthia Landing Forest City, IL

One of the reasons why I love Sealy because the various products they sell for ones needs example some people like firm mattress others like soft I have problems with my lumbar spine Sealy mattress allowed me to get many nights of quality refreshing rest.

Steven Shimmin

Been a good experience and many many good nights rest. I read all of the reviews and looked at many company before choosing Sealy. It was a fair price and has been a good mattress for ten years now. Will probably upgrade to another premium Sealy mattress in the next few years. Quality product for sure...

Amrit Nandrey Franklin, TN

We bought Sealy pillowtop for my wife when she was pregnant with our second child. Our current mattress was very firm and low. She loved the feel since day-1 of getting the mattress until today. We're very happy with our purchase and will recommend.

Jlbfla New Braunfels, TX

King size inner spring mattress was perfect. No hot spots. Good quality and dependable company to make excellent products. We had the firm and soft padded pillow top. The padded top made it soft and cozy. Great comfort and totally worth the money. Lasted for many years. Prefer the springs to memory foam.

Cc Chesterfield, VA

This is a great mattress for the money but it doesn’t compare to my Tempurpedic. My daughter loves her mattress so that’s all that matters. This mattress is comfortable and just firm enough!

Rivers02 Macomb, MI

I sleep on a Sealy mattress every night! My mattress is 10 years old and will likely last another 10! The quality and durability is top notch. It fits my comfort level.

John Joyce Chicago, IL

My first mattress/box spring purchase and while yes it was the most inexpensive set it was very noisy with any movement. I would not recommend purchasing the cheapest bed but I am sure the higher priced beds are of better quality.

Mike D Malden, MA

The Sealy twin size mattress has both superior quality and pricing. Had this mattress for 15 years. Wished I was able to take it with me into military service!

Party0f7 Macomb, MI

I bought 4 twin size Sealy mattresses for my kids’ bunkbeds and they love them. I love that they are affordable and comfortable.

tommy melvin Richmond, VA

We have bought so many Sealy beds and have always enjoyed them. We put them in our air B&Bs and rentals. Great product. Long lasting.

Carolyn Hazleton, PA

The mattress I have purchased are a great product. Well built and lasted 10 years. Customer service had answered my questions and concerns promptly.

Paula Barber Melbourne, FL

I have been sleeping on a Sealy mattress ever since I was a small girl. It had always been a comfortable mattress & I have no complaints.

Russell Vastine Aurora, CO

I have had a sealy mattress for 10 years and it is still good. I like how easy it was to buy one and the price was fair.

Jmarsh Macomb, MI

I have Sealy mattresses for my guest rooms. They are comfortable, durable, and made with quality to last many years.

Sarah Huda Los Angeles, CA

It's comfortable and as long as you rotate and flip regularly, it will last you a long time.

1 day ago

Brittany Mayes Mooresville, NC

We have a pillowtop that has held up for almost 7 years. No issues over the years

LeAnn Baytown, TX

I currently sleep on a Seale hybrid mattress. It’s okay. But I’m still looking for my “right’ mattress. I think the foam top makes me super hot, and it’s supposed to be cooling. 🙁. Also, I’m starting to sink more down into the mattress, which is weird, because I’ve lost 40lbs since we purchased the mattress. And of course our trial period is way over.

Kristen Smith Houston, TX

Great price on a comfy mattress.cheapest quality mattress I ever bought

Mike Perrins Spring Hill, FL

This is the most comfortable mattress it contour my body and great for my back

Aly Houston, TX

I had a Sealy for many years. My newer mattress is from Costco (it just made sense price wise) but the Sealy lasted about a decade and was very comfortable. It only really started sagging the last two years. I was able to get it on sale at Sears (about $600 for a King) and in my opinion having a mattress hold up well for at least 8 years is pretty good for that price.

Jec Canby, OR

More comfortable than other mattresses I’ve tried. Traditional type mattress. The memory foam type make my arms fall asleep with in 10 mins. So I prefer the regular mattress from Sealy.

Brandon Berwyn, IL

They are quality mattresses to be sure. However, this is just personal preference but stay away from pillow top mattresses. They are wonderful for a time. but after about 30 they just killed my back. Mostly because of the indent after only 6 months. Haven't had any issues with firmer mattress types.

Luke

Good mattress better price,very good product

Arden Lincoln, NE

I was able to get a really nice quality, firm mattress for about $900. It's been about a year so far and it's showing no signs of dipping or losing its shape in the middle. Especially as I first adjusted to it, I could feel it re-aligning my back. It also adjusts for movement really nicely - feels almost like I'd have to take a running jump at it in order to bother someone sleeping on the other side. I also picked it because it was advertised as being cooling for hot sleepers and there was a noticeable difference (I piled some blankets back on after I replaced my old mattress with this one).

Kort Kort Hopkinsville, KY

In my opinion, they do have excellent product. There are so many options to pick from which is very important. Having to pick out a good mattress would have been more stressful had they not have several mattresses to try out. That made my experience a lot better. I received all the help I needed and whenever I needed it. They never got frustrated with me when asking a lot of questions. They just smiled and helped me to the best of their ability. I love that there is an option to shop in store and shop online as well. The one thing that I could complain on a bit would be the fact that they need to work on grading people at the door when they come in. They also need to greet the customers from time to time on the sales floor to make sure that they don’t have questions or need help. I got ignored when I shopped there and it was very frustrating. So this could easily be fixed.

WastedTalent Binghamton, NY

The mattress was very loud. The springs creaked with the slightest movement. Sealy wouldn't let me return the mattress, so I was stuck with an $800 mattress I could barely sleep on.

Sylvia Ashford Detroit, MI

My mother bought me a Sealy because she said it was the best and now two years later she was right I’m happy with my Sealy mattress and would recommend it to my friends and family

Belle Pierdon Willoughby, OH

I miss my full sized Sealy mattress. I moved out of State and had to leave it behind. The mattress was the perfect cross between firm yet not too much so. I can't wait to get a new one in the near future.

Kristi Bingham Lehi, UT

We bought the cocoon medium-soft and we love it! It’s pretty firm which is exactly what I wanted. It was delivered on time in a medium-sized box. We let it unfurl all day and it’s perfect!

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

Sealy is the brand that we have purchased most often over the years both for myself and also as gifts to our children. They have a reasonalble price for a good quality mattress and we have not been dissapointed with any of our mattresses. All of them have lasted longer that 10 years (or the projected life expectancy of the mattress). They are comfortable to sleep on.

Jackie Hanko Tampa, FL

I purchased the nectar mattress and stead of getting a new Sealy because it was about $1000 cheaper and the reviews on it were amazing, however I miss having a Sealy as I do find them to be the most comfortable mattress and the best fit for my lower back pain… I will be looking into purchasing a Sealy in the future when I can afford it again because like I said it is a very comfortable and formfitting and I always slept well on it and woke up without that pain… And in the past my Sealy mattresses have lasted 10 to 15 years which I find amazing and totally worth the price!

bmc2z7 Columbia, MO

One of the better mattresses, I just got this one about a year ago and it has still held up and been my favorite!

Igith88 Naples, FL

I bought a few mattresses from a local bed store. I wasn't too wild about the price or the store. We did decide on two sealy mattresses. Still the same quality I remember as a kid. Worth every penny.

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

I have had a sealy posturpedic bed which I have used for the. past. 5 years. I. think this is a great bed for someone who wants a firm mattress compared to other companies. This. is a thick mattress compared to other companies as well. Overall I think it sleeps wel, does not seem to. trap a lot of heat in the summer or get too cold in the winter. After 5 years there is only minimal amount of wear noticeable on the mattress. I would recommend this type of mattress and the company to a friend.

CoachTrista Englewood, CO

I have purchased other mattresses in the past but the only mattresses that have maintained their support and did not sink in the middle have been the Sealy mattresses. I just purchased another one and it will be delivered on Thursday!

Jodianna Tallahassee, FL

I like the quality of their mattress. I like to sleep on a firm mattress so that is helpful.

Morgan Tennant Shelley, ID

These beds are pretty basic, but I always sleep well on them. The beds are certainly comfortable and durable enough for a few more than a few years!

Gary Griffith Abilene, TX

Nice product but did not last more than a year before I had to replace it. The company was friendly but not willing to provide coverage under the warranty for a replacement.

sharon brown Pascagoula, MS

Love my mattress. Have it for about 8 years now no sagging. Pricey but worth every penny. We got top of the line

K.M. P. Charlotte, NC

We LOVE our mattress. The last two we have bought have been firm pillow tops & we absolutely sleep so well!

Tammy B. Sellersburg, IN

We had Sealy Postupedic beds from a few years ago and wanted new bigger ones but they were all way too firm and just not the same anymore so we went with a different brand this time. Though, I will say that the mattresses have held up great over the years. They don't get saggy or flat spots.

Jerry Harker Heights, TX

Nice and firm for the first 2 years but after that it was softer and less firm, not as comfortable as expected, wear and tear after a 2 years use was not my hope for a name brand mattress, once it started to get softer I started to have back aches, replaced it with another name brand mattress after 4 years.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Sealy serves as our best mattress brand. Almost all mattresses in our home are Sealy. And you can definitely tell which ones aren't. In terms of quality of sleep, comfort and firmness, Sealy is definitely among the best in class. Going forward, I wouldn't buy anything else.

Gina Marie Commack, NY

Sealy is another company that has been around forever and there’s a reason for that. I think that speaks for itself their customer service is excellent and also their products never have failed me or my family and friends

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

We love our Sealy mattress so much and have been with the company for years. The model we have now is a nice mixture of springs and foam. The new all foam trend the other brands have do not work for us. We are traditional spring mattress people. Wouldn't use another brand.