Sealy Logo

8.0

Sealy Mattresses started in Sealy, Texas in the 1880s, and was acquired by Tempur-Pedic in 2012, making a new company called Tempur-Sealy International. Sealy is one of the largest mattress manufacturers in the world.

Two distinct offerings are available from Sealy, both a direct-sale bed in a box mattress line and a multi-tiered complex line only available through third-party sellers.

First, Cocoon by Sealy is a premium memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress that ships compressed, straight to your door. It comes with free ground shipping, hassle-free returns, and a 10-year warranty. In-home delivery is not available. If you aren’t satisfied, you have a 100-day period to exchange or refund, pick up your mattress, and donate it to charity.

For the Cocoon line only, financing is available through the Cocoon by Sealy Credit Card from Wells Fargo Bank. There are 0 percent interest options and a standard APR of 28.99 percent.

The Cocoon memory foam mattress line is the only direct-sale option. The company’s other mattresses are sold through third-party retailers both online and in local stores.

Innerspring, memory foam, and hybrid mattresses are available with Queen size models between $499-$2,499. In all, considering comfort levels available, over 24 different Queen size models are offered. Sealy mattresses are made in a “good,” “better,” “best” tiered system for each construction type. The "good" option is called Essential, the "better" option is called Performance, and the "best" option is called Premium.

Sealy Posturepedic mattresses and the technology behind them are a cornerstone of the brand. The technology targets and reinforces the middle third of the mattress where the heaviest part of your body rests. This is available in Sealy hybrid, innerspring and foam lines, in both the Performance and Premium collections.

See our breakdown of Sealy’s options:

Response Innerspring Collection: Choose between pocket coils and regular coils; an air foam, gel foam, or gel memory foam layer; different edge support options; and plush, cushion firm, firm, or ultra firm comfort levels to find yourself a comfortable mattress in this category. Additional features are added as you move up in quality (and price), from Essential to Performance and Premium. Posturepedic technology is available for the Performance and Premium mattresses Sealy offers in this category.

Conform Memory Foam Collection: Choose between the Essential, Performance and Premium options which all include a dense base layer of SealySupport Gel Foam and a comfort layer of Sealy ComfortSense Foam. Performance and Premium mattresses have an added Chill Gel Memory Foam comfort layer to help you feel cool when you sleep. Different mattress covers and firmness levels are available, along with Posturepedic technology for the Performance and Premium models.

Sealy Hybrid Collection: This collection combines the soft support of foam mattresses with the encased coils of Sealy's spring mattresses. The entry-level Essential includes a Dura-Flex Edge support system, Sealy Response Pro Encased Coils, and a comfort layer with Sealy ComfortSense foam that conforms to your body. The Performance and Premium models come with 20 percent more coils for Posturepedic support, high-quality Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam with Chill to keep you cool, and cushion firm, firm, plush, and even softer ultra plush comfort options to choose from.

Sealy also has its own line of adjustable foundations, as well as bedding, hypoallergenic pillows, mattress pads and toppers from American Textiles, plus crib mattresses and dog beds with a 5-year satisfaction guarantee.

The Good

• Options
  • Warranty

Options

Sealy employs an easy to understand tiered model for each type of mattress. It is easy to understand the different quality and support levels and identify a good match for your budget. Shoppers with mid to large budgets will be able to find a good match with Sealy.

Warranty

Current mattresses are warrantied for up to ten years. A 10-year limited warranty is pretty standard for most nationwide mattress brands. This is good, especially considering the low price points of the Essentials collections.

The Bad

• Price
  • Direct Sale

Price

Although it is nice to have so many options to choose from, only one queen size model comes under $500. Given the high-quality pricing of this mattress line, it may be out of many shoppers' budgets.

Direct Sale

Only the Cocoon bed-in-a-box line is available directly from Sealy. It would be nice to get the great shipping benefits and guarantee offered from Sealy with each purchase. As it is now, your purchase, trial or return policies, and shipping are left up to the retailer who sells you the mattress. You can buy Sealy mattresses at most third-party furniture stores, but also at big nationwide chains like Costco, Macy's, Ashley HomeStore, or online marketplaces like Wayfair and Amazon.

The Bottom Line

You can easily choose between a good mattress and a mid-level or a high-quality mattress within each of the Sealy memory foam mattress, coil, and hybrid lines. The company makes the distinction easy to understand. You also get a variety of options when it comes to support, pressure relief, and comfort levels, so you should be able to find an option that best fits your body and how you sleep.

Although there are multiple quality options, the lowest price for a queen size mattress is $499. The only option under $500 is the Sealy Essential Collection from the Response innerspring line.

View Best Mattress Companies

4.1

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

Sealy is the brand that we have purchased most often over the years both for myself and also as gifts to our children. They have a reasonalble price for a good quality mattress and we have not been dissapointed with any of our mattresses. All of them have lasted longer that 10 years (or the projected life expectancy of the mattress). They are comfortable to sleep on.

Jackie Hanko Tampa, FL

I purchased the nectar mattress and stead of getting a new Sealy because it was about $1000 cheaper and the reviews on it were amazing, however I miss having a Sealy as I do find them to be the most comfortable mattress and the best fit for my lower back pain… I will be looking into purchasing a Sealy in the future when I can afford it again because like I said it is a very comfortable and formfitting and I always slept well on it and woke up without that pain… And in the past my Sealy mattresses have lasted 10 to 15 years which I find amazing and totally worth the price!

Gina Marie Commack, NY

Sealy is another company that has been around forever and there’s a reason for that. I think that speaks for itself their customer service is excellent and also their products never have failed me or my family and friends

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

I have had a sealy posturpedic bed which I have used for the. past. 5 years. I. think this is a great bed for someone who wants a firm mattress compared to other companies. This. is a thick mattress compared to other companies as well. Overall I think it sleeps wel, does not seem to. trap a lot of heat in the summer or get too cold in the winter. After 5 years there is only minimal amount of wear noticeable on the mattress. I would recommend this type of mattress and the company to a friend.

CoachTrista Englewood, CO

I have purchased other mattresses in the past but the only mattresses that have maintained their support and did not sink in the middle have been the Sealy mattresses. I just purchased another one and it will be delivered on Thursday!

Cynthia B Calgary, AB

I purchased the Sealy Posture-pedic mattress after a few weeks of research. I have had chronic back pain for almost 20 years, and I needed a mattress that would not only not hurt me, but that would also let me wake up feeling refreshed. This mattress was it. I would absolutely buy this mattress again.

Brian DeVos Boiling Springs, SC

We actually have a Stearns & Foster which is part of the Sealy group. Fantastic, well built, quality bed. Very comfortable and great support.

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

We love our Sealy mattress so much and have been with the company for years. The model we have now is a nice mixture of springs and foam. The new all foam trend the other brands have do not work for us. We are traditional spring mattress people. Wouldn't use another brand.

Phoenicia Cloud Rosamond, CA

I love my bed and mattress topper from Sealy! I had to stay in bed for a few weeks and this has been my delight! This company has been a quality company and I feel that I can trust their products and dependable craftsmanship.

Laura Garza Houston, TX

Recently purchased a Sealy King Hybrid, Premium Silver Chill mattress, after remodeling our master bedroom. And I am obsessed. It’s more by preference, I guess you can say. I am not one to favor sinking into straight foam/tempur pedic mattress. I need comfort but also support, & definitely get that with this mattress.

daphjohnson Saratoga Springs, UT

I have 2 sealy mattresses. I have the Posturepedic ultra plush and love the comfort they offer. They are just as comfortable as other high end mattress for a better cost.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

My husband and I love our Sealy mattress. It wears well and the edges have not broken down. It is very comfortable. We got it at Costco for a great price .

Erin Abel San Marcos, TX

Cannot say enough good things about my Sealy mattresses. They were reasonably priced, and even if they weren't, they are soooo worth it. I own an AirBnB that I put Sealy mattresses in. I have had a ton of comments (left in my reviews) that specifically state how amazing the mattresses feel. Will never buy anything else!

Jennifer Ashby Lehi, UT

We have a great full sized sealy mattress. It is very comfortable for not being a foam mattress. You can’t feel the springs and it has held up well.

joe iovino Brooksville, FL

GREAT PRODUCTS AT A GREAT PRICES MATTRESS VERY COMFORTABLE NICE AND FIRM BUT NOT TO HARD

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Sealy serves as our best mattress brand. Almost all mattresses in our home are Sealy. And you can definitely tell which ones aren't. In terms of quality of sleep, comfort and firmness, Sealy is definitely among the best in class. Going forward, I wouldn't buy anything else.

Erin Lindon, UT

We’ve bought all Sealy beds for our home, five total. We’ve had our beds for almost five years and haven’t had any problems. We love the quality of Sealy beds. Our beds are very comfortable and we wake up feeling rested with no aches or pains.

Jonas De Olveira American Fork, UT

I recently bought a Sealy mattress from Costco. I was a little hesitant about getting a mattress from a warehouse store, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It is so comfortable and everyone in the house wants that bed. I am definitely wanting to replace all our mattresses with Sealy.

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

I can honestly say that I love my bed! we decided to make an investment when we purchased our current bed. I was tired of not sleeping well and waking up sore and feeling not rested. the sales staff was friendly and I didn't feel like they were just trying to make a sale. they provided accurate information and comparisons to other mattresses.

tini mapu Orem, UT

Amazing beds they are comfortable and so nice! You feel like you're laying on a cloud. The salesmen really help you pick the right one. They make it easy for you to make a decision. I love trying them out as well, they have a huge selection.

Kurt Lucas Olney, MD

I sleep on a Sealy mattress because it is the most comfortable mattress on the market.

Timothy Lesperance Fort Worth, TX

Mattress lasted about 1 year before it was warped and uncomfortable. Not a great experience with these items.

Estraleda Roberts Houston, TX

buying this mattress was very good for the money, its the pillow top and sleeps well.

Joelann Gawel Morris, IL

I love my firm mattress and the quality is phenomenal! I have never had trouble sleeping.

Carol Lewis Myrtle Beach, SC

Although I own another mattress and love it, this is the one that I sleep on nightly. It works great with an adjustable frame. Durable and comfortable!

Kathy Louisville, KY

The mattress is 18 years old now. While I've kept it covered and taken good care of it, it's still very comfortable and doesn't show signs of wear. Well worth the money we spent.

Michelle De Oliveira American Fork, UT

I recently purchased a sealy mattress for my daughter. She absolutely loves it. She says her bed is so comfortable and that she hasn't slept better. I wish I had bought my self one.

wayne sanders Valley Center, CA

we have owned a few mattresses by Sealy. we paid a little more than others we had looked at but were assured that the quality of what we had chosen was worth it. I think that for the most part we made a good choice as they held up quite well for quite a few years.

Rashida Laumatia Saint George, UT

My favorite brand. While pregnant we had to get a new mattress and we heard nothing but amazing things about Sealy. It helped so much with my sciatica and I was able to get a great nights rest even through my last trimester.

Karen Nelson Alpine, UT

We have owned many Sealy mattresses over the years. They all have been great. We have purchased mattresses in every price range and found that all have lasted a long time and been as advertised.

Frankie Cibolo, TX

Bought a Sealy mattress and had it for about 5 years. While it had a 15 year warranty the company would not cover the nearly one inch sag that developed.

Beverly Huffman Canyon Lake, TX

I’ve bought several mattresses they have held up longer than they said it says it would no problem s bought in 2009

S.R. Los Angeles, CA

Comfortable bed and good for the price. Bought one for everyone in the family and no complaints yet.

Kent Logan, UT

First mattress after getting married was a Sealy and lasted way longer than is recommended for replacement intervals.

Pearl Li ,

Great mattress for the money! My husband had 2 back surgeries and he loves the cushion firm mattress from Sealy.

odessa wright Lufkin, TX

The mattress is very comfortable and easy to care for. I would recommend this brand to anyone looking for a good night sleep.

Dar Pittsburgh, PA

I have purchased Sealy mattress’s for 40 years, approximately 4 sets. Recently I purchased (12/2/19) a Sealy Humbolt Ltd, supposedly a $1440 retail value for $574. I noticed in February that the mattress had an indentation at the head so I contacted JCP where I bought it and contacted Sealy who sent me back to Penney’s. So I have a 2-1/2 month old mattress with a 10 year warranty and no one will accept responsibility. NO MORE SEALY for me.

April Yourdesky Oceanside, CA

Comfort, durability and affordable I guess, I got mine at a discounted rate when I worked for a furniture company. Haven't bought one since. Just rating off how I've liked the mattress since owning.

Londyn Berrett American Fork, UT

Our twin spring mattress from Sealy is as expected. It is comfortable and has been going strong now for several years. It is comfortable and we would consider buying another one if we needed one.

Shawn American Fork, UT

We have purchased the Sealy Posturepedic mattress a couple times and have been satisfied. Seems like a good value for the money usually have to retire it after about 10 years as promised.

Melissa Reinoso Herriman, UT

I had this type of mattress before it caved in from sleeping on it for less than 1 year. They were more than happy to come out and take it back and refund my money.

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

Very reliable company. We purchased a mattress for my daughter in Highschool and she ended up taking it to her apt in college because she loved it so much!

Sarah Fairfax, VA

Bought a Sealy bed in a box through Costco and have been very pleased with it. It was a great price, is very comfortable and was so easy to have delivered to our home!

L Gilbert, AZ

We had a Sealy that cost about $1,300 and it lasted about 5 years. It was so uncomfortable towards the end, and we had to keep it longer than the 5 years so for durability, not so good. Based on he price, it’s probably not the most cost conscious option either. We replaced it with a Tempur-Pedic.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

We love our Sealy Hybrid! It has been the best sleep I've ever had! Just the right amount of firmness.

Trent Allen Queen Creek, AZ

We have purchased multiple mattresses from this company. Great quality, but also budget friendly. Never had a problem.

J Morgan Fort Lauderdale, FL

Best sleep I've had in awhile on top of having a bad back injury it was good to find a bed to fit my needs

Dan Mackintosh

Good thick mattress... it is getting contours faster than I believe it should. Use memory foam on top...makes any mattress much better.

Christy Suguturaga Orem, UT

I have a nice crib mattress that is soft but firm and feels safe for my baby. Has been a great purchase. Worth the money for the quality.

Evelyn Chidester Riverton, UT

Sealy Matresses are a high quality mattress that will last for many years. It has various firmness options to pick from. Personally I didn't think they were quite as comfortable as other brands.