Sealy Logo

8.0

LAST UPDATED: September 20th, 2021

Sealy Mattresses started in Sealy, Texas in the 1880s, and was acquired by Tempur-Pedic in 2012, making a new company called Tempur-Sealy International. Sealy is one of the largest mattress manufacturers in the world.

Two distinct offerings are available from Sealy, both a direct-sale bed in a box mattress line and a multi-tiered complex line only available through third-party sellers.

First, Cocoon by Sealy is a premium memory foam bed-in-a-box mattress that ships compressed, straight to your door. It comes with free ground shipping, hassle-free returns, and a 10-year warranty. In-home delivery is not available. If you aren’t satisfied, you have a 100-day period to exchange or refund, pick up your mattress, and donate it to charity.

For the Cocoon line only, financing is available through the Cocoon by Sealy Credit Card from Wells Fargo Bank. There are 0 percent interest options and a standard APR of 28.99 percent.

The Cocoon memory foam mattress line is the only direct-sale option. The company’s other mattresses are sold through third-party retailers both online and in local stores.

Innerspring, memory foam, and hybrid mattresses are available with Queen size models between $499-$2,499. In all, considering comfort levels available, over 24 different Queen size models are offered. Sealy mattresses are made in a “good,” “better,” “best” tiered system for each construction type. The "good" option is called Essential, the "better" option is called Performance, and the "best" option is called Premium.

Sealy Posturepedic mattresses and the technology behind them are a cornerstone of the brand. The technology targets and reinforces the middle third of the mattress where the heaviest part of your body rests. This is available in Sealy hybrid, innerspring and foam lines, in both the Performance and Premium collections.

See our breakdown of Sealy’s options:

Response Innerspring Collection: Choose between pocket coils and regular coils; an air foam, gel foam, or gel memory foam layer; different edge support options; and plush, cushion firm, firm, or ultra firm comfort levels to find yourself a comfortable mattress in this category. Additional features are added as you move up in quality (and price), from Essential to Performance and Premium. Posturepedic technology is available for the Performance and Premium mattresses Sealy offers in this category.

Conform Memory Foam Collection: Choose between the Essential, Performance and Premium options which all include a dense base layer of SealySupport Gel Foam and a comfort layer of Sealy ComfortSense Foam. Performance and Premium mattresses have an added Chill Gel Memory Foam comfort layer to help you feel cool when you sleep. Different mattress covers and firmness levels are available, along with Posturepedic technology for the Performance and Premium models.

Sealy Hybrid Collection: This collection combines the soft support of foam mattresses with the encased coils of Sealy's spring mattresses. The entry-level Essential includes a Dura-Flex Edge support system, Sealy Response Pro Encased Coils, and a comfort layer with Sealy ComfortSense foam that conforms to your body. The Performance and Premium models come with 20 percent more coils for Posturepedic support, high-quality Sealy Immersion Advanced Memory Foam with Chill to keep you cool, and cushion firm, firm, plush, and even softer ultra plush comfort options to choose from.

Sealy also has its own line of adjustable foundations, as well as bedding, hypoallergenic pillows, mattress pads and toppers from American Textiles, plus crib mattresses and dog beds with a 5-year satisfaction guarantee.

The Good

• Options
  • Warranty

Options

Sealy employs an easy to understand tiered model for each type of mattress. It is easy to understand the different quality and support levels and identify a good match for your budget. Shoppers with mid to large budgets will be able to find a good match with Sealy.

Warranty

Current mattresses are warrantied for up to ten years. A 10-year limited warranty is pretty standard for most nationwide mattress brands. This is good, especially considering the low price points of the Essentials collections.

The Bad

• Price
  • Direct Sale

Price

Although it is nice to have so many options to choose from, only one queen size model comes under $500. Given the high-quality pricing of this mattress line, it may be out of many shoppers' budgets.

Direct Sale

Only the Cocoon bed-in-a-box line is available directly from Sealy. It would be nice to get the great shipping benefits and guarantee offered from Sealy with each purchase. As it is now, your purchase, trial or return policies, and shipping are left up to the retailer who sells you the mattress. You can buy Sealy mattresses at most third-party furniture stores, but also at big nationwide chains like Costco, Macy's, Ashley HomeStore, or online marketplaces like Wayfair and Amazon.

The Bottom Line

You can easily choose between a good mattress and a mid-level or a high-quality mattress within each of the Sealy memory foam mattress, coil, and hybrid lines. The company makes the distinction easy to understand. You also get a variety of options when it comes to support, pressure relief, and comfort levels, so you should be able to find an option that best fits your body and how you sleep.

Although there are multiple quality options, the lowest price for a queen size mattress is $499. The only option under $500 is the Sealy Essential Collection from the Response innerspring line.

View Best Mattress Companies

Aly Houston, TX

I had a Sealy for many years. My newer mattress is from Costco (it just made sense price wise) but the Sealy lasted about a decade and was very comfortable. It only really started sagging the last two years. I was able to get it on sale at Sears (about $600 for a King) and in my opinion having a mattress hold up well for at least 8 years is pretty good for that price.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

I currently sleep on a Seale hybrid mattress. It’s okay. But I’m still looking for my “right’ mattress. I think the foam top makes me super hot, and it’s supposed to be cooling. 🙁. Also, I’m starting to sink more down into the mattress, which is weird, because I’ve lost 40lbs since we purchased the mattress. And of course our trial period is way over.

Sylvia Ashford Detroit, MI

My mother bought me a Sealy because she said it was the best and now two years later she was right I’m happy with my Sealy mattress and would recommend it to my friends and family

Arden Lincoln, NE

I really like my Sealy mattress! I can feel it realigning my back as I lay down. I wanted a firm mattress and got one - it provides just enough support. It works great with my adjustable frame too, no squeaking, sliding, creaking, or bouncing. Registering my mattress was super fast and easy. I haven't had it for long enough to see how well it'll hold up over time, but so far, it's comfy and good quality. I haven't been in contact with Sealy directly, but the retailer I bought through (Mattress Firm) was really helpful and informed.

Belle Pierdon Willoughby, OH

I miss my full sized Sealy mattress. I moved out of State and had to leave it behind. The mattress was the perfect cross between firm yet not too much so. I can't wait to get a new one in the near future.

Kristi Bingham Lehi, UT

We bought the cocoon medium-soft and we love it! It’s pretty firm which is exactly what I wanted. It was delivered on time in a medium-sized box. We let it unfurl all day and it’s perfect!

Kort Kort Hopkinsville, KY

In my opinion, they do have excellent product. There are so many options to pick from which is very important. Having to pick out a good mattress would have been more stressful had they not have several mattresses to try out. That made my experience a lot better. I received all the help I needed and whenever I needed it. They never got frustrated with me when asking a lot of questions. They just smiled and helped me to the best of their ability. I love that there is an option to shop in store and shop online as well. The one thing that I could complain on a bit would be the fact that they need to work on grading people at the door when they come in. They also need to greet the customers from time to time on the sales floor to make sure that they don’t have questions or need help. I got ignored when I shopped there and it was very frustrating. So this could easily be fixed.

Meg TX

Love my seals, every mattress we own is one, great lasting mattresses.

Morgan Tennant Shelley, ID

These beds are pretty basic, but I always sleep well on them. The beds are certainly comfortable and durable enough for a few more than a few years!

Igith88 Naples, FL

I bought a few mattresses from a local bed store. I wasn't too wild about the price or the store. We did decide on two sealy mattresses. Still the same quality I remember as a kid. Worth every penny.

Gene Hennigan Houston, TX

Seally is as good of mattress as any I've sleep on. Price is always great.

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

Sealy is the brand that we have purchased most often over the years both for myself and also as gifts to our children. They have a reasonalble price for a good quality mattress and we have not been dissapointed with any of our mattresses. All of them have lasted longer that 10 years (or the projected life expectancy of the mattress). They are comfortable to sleep on.

Jackie Hanko Tampa, FL

I purchased the nectar mattress and stead of getting a new Sealy because it was about $1000 cheaper and the reviews on it were amazing, however I miss having a Sealy as I do find them to be the most comfortable mattress and the best fit for my lower back pain… I will be looking into purchasing a Sealy in the future when I can afford it again because like I said it is a very comfortable and formfitting and I always slept well on it and woke up without that pain… And in the past my Sealy mattresses have lasted 10 to 15 years which I find amazing and totally worth the price!

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

Sealy may be expensive but as far im concerned they are the best,ive had sealy most of my life,and ill stick with them

hemant mahidhara Grafton, MA

Purchased a mattress for the guest bedroom from Sealy. The mattress was on sale so I got a good price but ultimately did not like it a lot. The mattress was too hard and not that comfortable.

Tammy B. Sellersburg, IN

We had Sealy Postupedic beds from a few years ago and wanted new bigger ones but they were all way too firm and just not the same anymore so we went with a different brand this time. Though, I will say that the mattresses have held up great over the years. They don't get saggy or flat spots.

Jerry Harker Heights, TX

Nice and firm for the first 2 years but after that it was softer and less firm, not as comfortable as expected, wear and tear after a 2 years use was not my hope for a name brand mattress, once it started to get softer I started to have back aches, replaced it with another name brand mattress after 4 years.

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

I have had a sealy posturpedic bed which I have used for the. past. 5 years. I. think this is a great bed for someone who wants a firm mattress compared to other companies. This. is a thick mattress compared to other companies as well. Overall I think it sleeps wel, does not seem to. trap a lot of heat in the summer or get too cold in the winter. After 5 years there is only minimal amount of wear noticeable on the mattress. I would recommend this type of mattress and the company to a friend.

CoachTrista Englewood, CO

I have purchased other mattresses in the past but the only mattresses that have maintained their support and did not sink in the middle have been the Sealy mattresses. I just purchased another one and it will be delivered on Thursday!

Cynthia B Calgary, AB

I purchased the Sealy Posture-pedic mattress after a few weeks of research. I have had chronic back pain for almost 20 years, and I needed a mattress that would not only not hurt me, but that would also let me wake up feeling refreshed. This mattress was it. I would absolutely buy this mattress again.

Della Lowe DeSoto, TX

I love my Sealy mattresses and I would buy them over and over again, their very sturdy and they last a long time, their well worth the investment

Gina Marie Commack, NY

Sealy is another company that has been around forever and there’s a reason for that. I think that speaks for itself their customer service is excellent and also their products never have failed me or my family and friends

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

We love our Sealy mattress so much and have been with the company for years. The model we have now is a nice mixture of springs and foam. The new all foam trend the other brands have do not work for us. We are traditional spring mattress people. Wouldn't use another brand.

Phoenicia Cloud Rosamond, CA

I love my bed and mattress topper from Sealy! I had to stay in bed for a few weeks and this has been my delight! This company has been a quality company and I feel that I can trust their products and dependable craftsmanship.

Laura Garza Houston, TX

Recently purchased a Sealy King Hybrid, Premium Silver Chill mattress, after remodeling our master bedroom. And I am obsessed. It’s more by preference, I guess you can say. I am not one to favor sinking into straight foam/tempur pedic mattress. I need comfort but also support, & definitely get that with this mattress.

Erin Abel San Marcos, TX

Cannot say enough good things about my Sealy mattresses. They were reasonably priced, and even if they weren't, they are soooo worth it. I own an AirBnB that I put Sealy mattresses in. I have had a ton of comments (left in my reviews) that specifically state how amazing the mattresses feel. Will never buy anything else!

daphjohnson Saratoga Springs, UT

I have 2 sealy mattresses. I have the Posturepedic ultra plush and love the comfort they offer. They are just as comfortable as other high end mattress for a better cost.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

My husband and I love our Sealy mattress. It wears well and the edges have not broken down. It is very comfortable. We got it at Costco for a great price .

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Sealy serves as our best mattress brand. Almost all mattresses in our home are Sealy. And you can definitely tell which ones aren't. In terms of quality of sleep, comfort and firmness, Sealy is definitely among the best in class. Going forward, I wouldn't buy anything else.

Debra Williams Cedar Hill, TX

very reliable product enjoy great night's sleep would purchase again

Erin Lindon, UT

We’ve bought all Sealy beds for our home, five total. We’ve had our beds for almost five years and haven’t had any problems. We love the quality of Sealy beds. Our beds are very comfortable and we wake up feeling rested with no aches or pains.

Jonas De Olveira American Fork, UT

I recently bought a Sealy mattress from Costco. I was a little hesitant about getting a mattress from a warehouse store, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It is so comfortable and everyone in the house wants that bed. I am definitely wanting to replace all our mattresses with Sealy.

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

I can honestly say that I love my bed! we decided to make an investment when we purchased our current bed. I was tired of not sleeping well and waking up sore and feeling not rested. the sales staff was friendly and I didn't feel like they were just trying to make a sale. they provided accurate information and comparisons to other mattresses.

tini mapu Orem, UT

Amazing beds they are comfortable and so nice! You feel like you're laying on a cloud. The salesmen really help you pick the right one. They make it easy for you to make a decision. I love trying them out as well, they have a huge selection.

Sherry Pitts Fort Walton Beach, FL

The bed was so comfortable. Slept so great and no back pain. Would buy another bed from Sealy.

Tracy Deleon Lake Wales, FL

Love my bed. Awesome price too. Sales agents very friendly and knowledgeable

Brian DeVos Boiling Springs, SC

We actually have a Stearns & Foster which is part of the Sealy group. Fantastic, well built, quality bed. Very comfortable and great support.

Jennifer Ashby Lehi, UT

We have a great full sized sealy mattress. It is very comfortable for not being a foam mattress. You can’t feel the springs and it has held up well.

Kathy Louisville, KY

The mattress is 18 years old now. While I've kept it covered and taken good care of it, it's still very comfortable and doesn't show signs of wear. Well worth the money we spent.

Andres Lopez Elizabeth, NJ

Good products in most of designs. Good experience

Michelle De Oliveira American Fork, UT

I recently purchased a sealy mattress for my daughter. She absolutely loves it. She says her bed is so comfortable and that she hasn't slept better. I wish I had bought my self one.

wayne sanders Valley Center, CA

we have owned a few mattresses by Sealy. we paid a little more than others we had looked at but were assured that the quality of what we had chosen was worth it. I think that for the most part we made a good choice as they held up quite well for quite a few years.

Rashida Laumatia Saint George, UT

My favorite brand. While pregnant we had to get a new mattress and we heard nothing but amazing things about Sealy. It helped so much with my sciatica and I was able to get a great nights rest even through my last trimester.

Karen Nelson Alpine, UT

We have owned many Sealy mattresses over the years. They all have been great. We have purchased mattresses in every price range and found that all have lasted a long time and been as advertised.

Tammy Snyder Aurora, CO

love my mattress and pillows, lasting quality on a budget

Dar Pittsburgh, PA

I have purchased Sealy mattress’s for 40 years, approximately 4 sets. Recently I purchased (12/2/19) a Sealy Humbolt Ltd, supposedly a $1440 retail value for $574. I noticed in February that the mattress had an indentation at the head so I contacted JCP where I bought it and contacted Sealy who sent me back to Penney’s. So I have a 2-1/2 month old mattress with a 10 year warranty and no one will accept responsibility. NO MORE SEALY for me.

April Yourdesky Oceanside, CA

Comfort, durability and affordable I guess, I got mine at a discounted rate when I worked for a furniture company. Haven't bought one since. Just rating off how I've liked the mattress since owning.

Carol Lewis Myrtle Beach, SC

Although I own another mattress and love it, this is the one that I sleep on nightly. It works great with an adjustable frame. Durable and comfortable!

Londyn Berrett American Fork, UT

Our twin spring mattress from Sealy is as expected. It is comfortable and has been going strong now for several years. It is comfortable and we would consider buying another one if we needed one.

Shawn American Fork, UT

We have purchased the Sealy Posturepedic mattress a couple times and have been satisfied. Seems like a good value for the money usually have to retire it after about 10 years as promised.