Upstart Logo

Upstart

5.9

Andrea Houston, TX

I just applied for a loan, score of 690 with a Masters degree, salary near 100k, with moderate amount of savings and assets--given an 18% rate for 35k to payoff a student loan at 6.5%. Why on earth would I agree to that? The point of applying for this type of loan is to lower the interest rate, not multiply it times three!!

joe ajrock Arvada, CO

After applying they could not read my pay stub and declined me based on debt to income. After speaking with someone at Upstart, they realized the mistake and told me to re apply. When I did they doubled my initial interest rate. Total bait and switch!!

Michelle

Customer service is great! This company is both reliable, accurate and efficient. Thank you Upstart!

Gregory Bert

Customer service was thorough and professional from the start. There were no hidden agendas and the people I spoke to were pleasant to deal with.

Kichelle Washington, DC

The Upstart team was responsive, attentive and courteous. They made the entire process a painless one.

Todd Franklin New York, NY

Incredibly easy! I was in need of a short term loan to cover a lump sum education cost. Upstart made this possible!

f. New York, NY

Great customer service, comprehensive and fast. However, I was under the impression that there would be 'no hard inquiry' and there was one. f.

Jessica R. Boston, MA

The company was very helpful and the application process was easy with a great response time. I would recommend this company without hesitation.

Patrick Stonich Schnecksville, PA

Very easy process and verification steps. Felt very secure and positive. All parties very nice an supportive.

Manuel A. Los Angeles, CA

The overall interface and general responsiveness is pretty stellar. They continue asking for documents endlessly. Eventually their requests became too intrusive and their reasoning for it being nonsense, ended up using another platform.

Peter N Chicago, IL

Excellent customer service, quick to respond/process application, very friendly, down-to-earth folks. Aces!

Renee Schenectady, NY

Very quick and easy...about 9 days total from start to finish...communication was great. Definitely would recommend!

Neerav New York, NY

Easy, fast and the recommended over the competition. Other took 0.5 to 1 month and upstart only took a few days.

Pedro Brooklyn, NY

the application was simple and very easy to follow. I was very happy how fast the loan was approved and it was sent to my bank account

Caroline Asis Pleasant Hill, CA

I have never had an easier process in obtaining a loan! Everyone I worked with was kind, informative, and helpful.

barry San Jose, CA

Awesome to work with. Really appreciate a model that takes into account factors other than credit score.

Stephanie Glencoe, MN

Really please with the people I worked with that told me additional documents on investments to submit that lowered my rate to about 6.0%.

Penny Jacksonville, FL

The process was quick and easy. I had my funds within two business days. I would definitely recommend upstart.

Justin M Santa Monica, CA

Great, easy to work with. Nice to work with modern companies, not these corporate giants that only care about the bottom line.

Faris Tadros Troy, MI

Everyone I spoke with was very informed and helpful and best part was I received my loan within 24 hrs :-)

Russell Howard Fort Myers, FL

Needed to reposition some credit card debt, and this process was quick, efficient, and the team was great to work with!

antonio sanchez Cumming, GA

I like that you look just more than the credit score to provide a credit, very easy to get the loan and efficient process.

Angela Clive, IA

Everything was clear and easy to understand. The process was so quick and the person I spoke with was very helpful!

Chris Leiting Chicago, IL

Deny loan for not providing college transcripts. I’ve been out of college since 2008. Why do transcripts from 13 years ago matter?????

Chris Onyekwere Randallstown, MD

Upstart is a bait and switch, scam loan company. They are a complete opposite of what they say or do. They should be reported to the FTC. I will not recommend them to anyone. All they do is to use customer information.

Stacey Anderson Jacksonville, FL

Better name would be “upcharge” They consistently come back with higher interest-rate‘s for approval terms They claim to look at your entire picture but they definitely do not.

Steve Clarksville, IN

It is nothing more than an information phishing scam. They claim to look at the whole person, not just their credit score. This is a lie. All they look at is your credit score.

Kim Tempe, AZ

Extremely high interest rate loans. This will not help with debt or help you get in a rut. It will only help dig yourself deeper in debt. My experience was horrible and never ended up taking the loan.

Jo Temp Belton, SC

The quickest loan I have ever received, money was deposited in 2 days, unbelievable wow!

Gorton Beallsville, MD

After dealing with an inept rep for a month, I finally gave up. They have all my personal info and I'm really worried about them being a legit company. Be wary of Identity Theft !!!!

Shayne Kiesbuey La Habra, CA

Such a pleasure to work with! Sarah made the process quick and easy. Highly recommend Upstart!

Nick Macknight Austin, TX

Fantastic process and very helpful staff. Keep it up! You're changing the game.

kate h Chicago, IL

The experience was easy and straightforward. The staff was helpful and informative.

Anuradha Pandey Austin, TX

It felt so good to nuke my balances, and it was so easy to get through the process!

Richard FL

Awesome customer service. Convenient and efficient. We would recommend to anyone.

Dennis Robertson Winchester, VA

This was one of the simplest and easiest loan experience I have ever encountered! Good work!

Rudi San Jose, CA

Lower interest rate than LC and Prosper offered me, and much more user friendly process and website

Heather Roslindale, MA

I am very impressed with the fairness, speed and efficiency provided to me by Upstart!

Kumar Ghafoor Philadelphia, PA

Very efficient process. Enjoyed most that I could email back and forth with a rep

Matt Edwards Rocky Mount, NC

Service was fast and the service representatives were extremely helpful and very friendly.

Aleena Orlando, FL

Easy to apply if you have all documents in order. Very upfront with what you owe back.

Stephanie Boise, ID

Everything about this process has been super easy, and fast! Great customer service as well :)

Meagen Anderson Boston, MA

Fast, easy, efficient! Well done. I will definitely recommend this to others (I already have!).

Christy Knoxville, TN

Super easy, straight-forward, and customer service folks were friendly and down to earth.

Diane Cheyney, PA

The Upstart team was awesome! Courteous and efficient. My process was done in a matter of days.

AP Los Angeles, CA

Great overall experience!!! The process was super easy and the customer service was super helpful!

Danielle Dumont, NJ

Amazing customer service. Answered all my questions and concerns. Would highly recommend!!

Henry Burke

Excellent customer service during the application process. Very professional and expedient process.

Anna Chicago, IL

Upstart application process was a breeze. UX on the website was impressive. Very prompt replies from CSRs.

LuAnne Peterson South Beloit, IL

Excellent service! Very quick approval. Representatives were very polite and informed.