OneMain Financial

a month ago

OneMain Financial

verified
OneMain Financial offers personal loans from $1,500-$15,000

Formerly known as CitiFinancial, OneMain Financial has been offering financial solutions since 1912 and has nearly 1,700 local branches in 44 states. Springleaf Financial acquired OneMain Financial in 2015 and the combined companies are now known as OneMain.

The Good

• Availability
  • Receive Funds by Next Day
  • Industry Pioneer

Availability

OneMain Financial has nearly 1,700 branches in 44 states, providing a large portion of the country with the opportunity to take advantage of its services. OneMain Financial offers three ways to apply for a personal or auto loan: online, over the phone, or in person. It is one of only a few loan companies to offer three application options, as many newer providers only offer an online option. For those customers who like a personal touch, OneMain can provide it.

Receive Funds by Next Day

After discussing your particular case with a professional, qualified loan processor, if you are approved by noon, you can receive your money by as soon as the same day. OneMain loan proceeds may be disbursed by check, Automated Clearing House (ACH) deposit, or a prepaid card. Receipt and availability of loan proceeds varies based on the funding option selected. Potential borrowers may contact a OneMain loan specialist for additional information about funding options and funds availability.

Industry Pioneer

Originally established in 1912 under the name Commercial Credit, OneMain Financial touts itself as a pioneer in the finance industry. Just four years after its founding, the company began offering installment loans for automobiles, which was an exciting new phenomenon at the time. Since 1944, the company has been operating a credit insurance unit known as OneMain Solutions. As such, the company is an experienced player in the financial industry.

The Bad

Limited Max Loan Amount

With OneMain Financial, the maximum loan amount available for personal loans is $15,000, which is relatively low when compared to loan amounts offered by other top companies in the industry. However, borrowers do have the option to take out $30,000 with OneMain if the loan is for a car.

The Bottom Line

OneMain Financial allows consumers to apply for a loan online, over the phone, or in person, making the process simple and convenient for many individuals. The company, which is a pioneer in the financial industry, can provide borrowers with funds as early as the same day.

*Annual percentage rate (APR) of 16.05 percent represents maximum APR for top 10 percent of loans booked as of July 2018. Maximum APR is 35.99 percent, subject to state restrictions.

Ruth Anne Bright
July 25th, 2018 Mount Washington, KY

Good company to do business with. Excellent customer service. To be used wisely.

Jared Ratzlaff
June 28th, 2018 Liberal, KS

I had to keep sending them different documents for work and personal information. I was told I was approved for the loan and made plans accordingly. About 5 days later I still had not got any money deposited into my account as promised. When I called to find out why they told me I wasn't approved. When asked they said I was approved but during verification I wasn't approved. So I was approved but wasn't approved. Then was told a letter would be mailed out between 30-40 days. This loan was to help my family move and we had accepted new jobs in the new town and quit our old ones based off being told we were approved.

Tom
June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have had a couple of loans through OneMain Financial and they have a great website, easy process and good reminders to help you pay things off quicker.

jeff
December 27th, 2017 Cullman, AL DETAILS

ive been a month ahead so i did't pay November pay December day early 340.00 payment only 290.00 the issue i have is the only 3.15 went to the principal the 50 over should have went to principal just remember easy approval years of regrets

Kylee Carpenter
December 12th, 2017 Tooele, UT

I wanted to refinance my car. We went through the process and come to find out I had stuff on my credit that was not mine so I couldn’t refinance. The person I talked to was very kind and explained everything in detail so I would know how to take care of the bad credit that was not mine. She told me once I get it off to call her and she will get it taken care of. Very amazing!!!

JONATHAN B CRUSE
October 24th, 2017

The biggest rip off ever. I wasted 3 years trying to pay this loan off. I would not recommend this loan to anyone, even if it is a do or die situation.

Jamie Quin
August 2nd, 2017

Ive received a loan, refinanced it, never missed nor been late for a payment, now that i applied for another loan all of a sudden the policy has changed. I consider myself a great customer and credit score has risen although i was told i had to have titles in order to receive another loan, once this one is paid, they will never get my business again.

Cheryl Bishop
July 5th, 2017

Lot's of hidden fees, which are not verbally explained. I had a secured loan using my auto title. The first 'extra fee' was for $500.00 to add to the loan of $1,200.00. Now three years later, I have paid off my loan but have yet to receive the paperwork for the 'Release of Lein'. I feel very anxious about this situation and hope that this company is not crooked. I shouldn't have to go to court to get my property back. The website is very sketchy as well. My last statement offered the same lack of info as the website. No mention of my last payment being tbe 'payoff'. One good thing about this company is that they have 'hardship' program for struggling customers that temporarily can't make their payments. I was on this program for 6 weeks. That may be why I am not receiving my payoff paperwork. If that is the case then why have I not been informed????

June 22nd, 2017

This company will harass you non-stop if you're even 3 days past the "due date" (You have 10 day Grace period to make your payment!! Managers will be very rude and non-sympatheic to anything you're dealing with and will demand a payment regardless of your situation. They will call you more than once in one day! All day long! Very unprofessional and unfriendly company all around!

fred
May 8th, 2017 Dunellen, NJ

applied for loan thru credit carma.was sent an email that i was approved either 4000.00 with secured car or 1500.00 unsecured.when i called local branch in greenbrook nj to follow up,branch manager ida says all of sudden i'm not approved.when i ask why not because i have email stating i was approved,she comes up with some whacked out story.will never do business with this place EVER!!!!!!

Ray
May 1st, 2017 Thief River Falls, MN

These people are loan sharks! They will give you money at crazy interest rates and very high payments. Do NOT go here unless you are being threatened with your life!

Frank Baiers
April 13th, 2017 Muskogee, OK

Faste,friendly, understanding staff went out of their way to help me out and made sure that all my concerns,needs,and questions were addressed.

Ramonita Fallas
April 4th, 2017

The process was very easy, the loan specialist tried very hard to help me get as much as possible. And we really appreciate her for that.

Micheal Kies
April 3rd, 2017 Las Vegas, NV

The Minot North Dakota branch has top notch employees. They made us feel comfortable and we would definitely do business with them in the future.

Jess Patton
March 23rd, 2017

When I had a medical emergency and could not work I got a loan from them, using my old car as collateral.. it was fast and easy, no hassle.. and in two days it was deposited in my account. I have auto payments pulled from my account twice a month, on the days I chose, and I never have to think about it.. it was perfect, and easy! And a life saver!

Anna Powell-Scrivener
March 23rd, 2017 Paducah, KY

Glad I found One Main. Awesome Staff, friendly, knowledgeable, Excellent Customer Service and a willingness to serve their customers with a smile

Milton Henderson
March 21st, 2017

Glad that OneMain was able to help me, the staff was great and the loan was done in a fast manner so I could take care of the needs I had. I suggest anyone needing a small loan to get over a rough spot give One Main a call.

Gabriela Ratulowski
March 21st, 2017

This company is better than a pay day loan and can also help your credit score. The options are great and the customer service has always been excellent.

David Prock
March 13th, 2017 Santa Clarita, CA

OneMain financial is a great company the personal are professional, helpful and go out of their way to help you and get you the best product they have to fit your needs. They make feel that you are important to them. The make the application process easy and anxiety free. The

Rachel Russell
February 24th, 2017 Franklin, IN

Have been doing business since they were American General. Never been disappointed.

Karen Seibert-Combs
February 13th, 2017

One Main is easy to work with and very professional. Their staff members are friendly and knowledgeable. They tell you what kind of loan terms they can offer you and give you time to decide if it works for you. They don't hassle you with calls.

Linda Rae Becker
February 9th, 2017

OneMain Financial services gave me respect and fantastic customer service. Explained everything to my husband and I so that we understood everything and felt great about our decision. Worked Quickly at giving us a response.

Diane Shane
February 9th, 2017 KS

One Main was an awesome surprise! We wanted to consolidate some of our bills but we already had a bank loan and needed a larger loan than companies supply here. We thought! Then we received an add in the mail from One Main Financial and talked about it....and then called!!! Best decision we made! Got financed for more than we thought PLUS it's convenient pay just auto drafted out of our checking account!! Paid off accounts & had some extra to put into savings!!! A win win situation!!!!

Carla Flowe
February 6th, 2017

OneMain helped me so much. I needed a loan, was approved the same day, and went to meet with the rep the same day. They were fast, precise, friendly, and they did not make me feel rushed. I would recommend them to everyone, even my worst enemy.

Kim Thomas
January 25th, 2017

Very please great customer service very please with loan process

raymond weber
January 23rd, 2017

I was please with one main , I treated good excellent service and wasn't long there . thank you for everything I really like talking to the service I got thanks you for the loan

Frederick Talford
January 4th, 2017

Very helpful and friendly they explained everything in detailed and went above and beyond and they wetr very patient with me

Susana Pena
December 29th, 2016

Friendly staff..easy process..and I like the fact that they can do direct deposit instead of going and checking check

Larry D Cruz
December 29th, 2016 Colorado Springs, CO

WHEN I CONTACTED ONE MAIN TO SECURE A LOAN EVERYONE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND ATTENTIVE. I HAVE NEVER ATTAINED A LOAN ONLINE BEFORE. BECAUSE OF THIS EXPERIENCE I WILL ABSOLUTELY DO BUSINESS WITH ONE MAIN AGAIN.

Melissa Carpenter
January 23rd, 2017

Very professional courteous and honest definitely we will return for business

Violeta
January 23rd, 2017 Port Orford, OR

Every time that we have worked with One Main we have been extremely impressed. They have been so incredibly helpful. We appreciate the opportunity

[email protected]
December 14th, 2016 Langhorne, PA

Our visit to One Main for a loan application was very pleasant. The process went rather quick, every detail was explained, the people there are very friendly and knowledgeable and understand your needs. Thorough process of explaining every detail and options. OK, I'm a big coffee drinker and the first thing I noticed was the free coffee machine and being waved a hello from a gentleman in the back. We have been doing business with One Main (bill consolidation) for a while now and find them to be highly competent, reliable, and fair. We highly recommend them as their staff is very knowledgeable and will go through your financial problems with understanding and willingness to help.

Connie
December 13th, 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff made it easy to get the loan! Thank you!

Jim metcalf
January 23rd, 2017 CA

We had a quick and painless experience, and were able to get the help we needed without a lot of hoops, Just professional service

Dewayne Motte
December 13th, 2016 Cullman, AL

I had the best experience with the staff at my branch. They really went above and beyond what they had to do. I really doubt that a bank would have tried as hard as they did to help with my loan and everything turned out great.

Cary
January 23rd, 2017 TX

If you are trying to buy a car more than 10 years old, this is your place.

Scott Velasquez
January 23rd, 2017

Have to say One main has been there for me for almost 7 years and has been out standing and understanding with helping me fight threw my cancer never ask for forgiveness until now cause I was out of work for 2 years and still made my monthly payment on time until these last few months were I fell behind and one main picked me back up to help me and my family. Just wish there was just a little more to get me establish again and promise to fulfil my obligation to one main.. A substantial loan will help me payoff everything and be less stress due to had having cancer which I lost 2 years of battling and praying that a decent loan will get me back on top.. 7 year loan I made on time payments just need another loan that can secure my debt and be happy that a few thousand will help me get my life and my family's life back on track. But I'm grateful for the help that was provided .. I no with a 5000 dollar loan will help almost bring tears to my eyes cause I been working for my company 16 years. Just these few months with being out of work set me back if not my loans would have been paid off. I just need the support and trust that I know I can payback any loan that would be given to me I proved it with my car loan 72 months and coming down to just 6 months my cancer has set me back but in fighting hard every day to prove I'm worthy of a respected loan form one main if there can help me out would be Great with the holidays approaching I nice loan to set me free and pay you guys faithful just need a chance to prove my worth and will not let you down. Thank you OneMain and Tara and the rest of the Staff that is Great !!!! Just one chance to prove my worth . Z

Kelly Cox
December 5th, 2016 Chesterton, IN

Wonderful, fast, and nonbias friendly customer service! The entire office was friendly and effecient I. Getting our loan work done. From the first time we talked to closing the loan and having cash in the bank was 24 hours! We felt like equals to even the branch manager! 10+

Cheryl
November 30th, 2016 Romulus, MI

I would refer one main to family and friends they made getting a loan easy they were courteous

Kenneth Evans
November 30th, 2016

Onemain financial has helped me in ways I didn't think possible at the time, they were there for me when I needed help, and worked with me to solve my problem I was having, thank you one main for your help and support when I needed it.