Since its founding in 2014, FreedomPlus has aimed to create a unique and valuable personal loan experience for its customers. The lending company consistently does this by providing quality loans that meet individual needs through its sophisticated yet simple application and vetting process. FreedomPlus also provides professional advice through knowledgeable loan consultants and experts.

Jump down to FreedomPlus reviews to see what consumers have to say about this lender.

Megaphone Icon

Key Takeaways:

• Over 3/4ths of all the FreedomPlus reviews are five-star
  • A FreedomPlus personal loan extends up to $40,000
  • No pre-payment fees and flexible loan terms ranging from 2-5 years
  • One of the lowest credit score requirements in comparison to other personal loan companies
  • Unique services to help with credit card debt consolidation
  • Charges an origination fee between 0-4.99%
  • APR rate range from 7.99%–29.99% (As of June 2020)

The Good

• Quality Customer Service
  • Flexible Loan Terms
  • Same-Day Lending Decisions
  • FreedomPlus Reviews
  • Simple Loan Application Process
  • FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement
  • Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments
  • Debt Consolidation Loans
  • No Prepayment Fees
  • FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

Quality Customer Service

FreedomPlus provides quality customer service to its borrowers primarily through its loan consultants. Customer service and loan consultants help you make the best financial decisions while balancing your financial needs.

The company offers a simple and easy-to-use form to start your loan process online and allows you to call when you start your application with any questions. Friendly and knowledgeable loan consultants and experts are able to assist you throughout your application. User reviews indicate these interactions are extremely valuable for potential customers. Customer service also handles complaints. There is little to no wait time for customer service.

Flexible Loan Terms

FreedomPlus has flexible loan terms ranging from two to five years. FreedomPlus also allows borrowers to pay off loans earlier than the loan due date, so your loan repayment can ultimately be as brief as you'd like. This could save you a great deal of money in interest fees if you decide to repay the loan before your official payoff date.

Same-Day Lending Decisions

FreedomPlus offers same-day loan decisions. However, this isn't guaranteed and will fluctuate based on your provided documentation, application verification, what time of day it is, etc. With error free applications you can expect the FreedomPlus loan process to be completed in as little as one day with funds to be made available within 48 hours. The process involves:

• Filling out the online application
  • Deciding on your loan amount and loan term
  • Waiting for a credit decision to be made
  • Uploading legal documentation and reviewing the loan contract
  • Receiving your personal loan funds

Having a quick loan decision from online lenders makes it faster and simpler for borrowers to find a personal loan that works best for them.

FreedomPlus Reviews

FreedomPlus has an exceptional star rating from consumers. Quality reviews demonstrate to consumers that FreedomPlus is a trustworthy and high-standard lender. Reviews highlight reasonable rates and fees, simple repayment options, and exceptional customer service. This can provide peace of mind to potential borrowers that FreedomPlus is a good choice for their personal loan needs.

Simple Loan Application Process

Receiving your loan as fast as possible is a highly desired feature for most, if not all, borrowers.

FreedomPlus's intuitive initial online application takes a few minutes at most. Simply select the loan amount you are looking to borrow, describe the reason for taking out the loan (home repairs, credit card refinancing, consolidation loans, etc.), submit your credit rating (based on your credit score), what state you live in, then your name and phone number or email address.

From there, a loan consultant will get in touch with you to complete the transaction. FreedomPlus has extremely fast approval and funding times. It can usually approve your loan and get the money in your hands in as little as three days. Your loan repayment term can range from 24 months–60 months, with rates from 5.99 percent APR–29.99 percent APR.

FreedomPlus Credit Score Requirement

If your credit history is less than perfect, FreedomPlus might be a good match. Unlike many competing lenders, at 620, FreedomPlus has a lower minimum credit score requirement. A 620 FICO score is below average for Americans, is considered bad credit or fair credit.

You will still receive better rates and repayment terms, the higher your credit score is, but a lower credit score requirement allows for a wider range of borrowers. Requirements of competing personal loan providers are generally higher:

• Best Egg minimum credit: 640
  • SoFi minimum credit: 680
  • Lending Club minimum credit: 699
  • Discover minimum credit: 750

Fixed-Rate Loan and Payments

FreedomPlus offers loans with an annual percentage rate from 5.99–29.99 percent, including the loan origination fee.  On top of that, it uses fixed monthly payments, so your monthly payment amount will never fluctuate. FreedomPlus also has fixed rates, so your APR will never be subject to change, as it can with a variable rate. This can provide peace of mind and stability to borrowers knowing the numbers they receive in the beginning will be the same throughout the lifespan of their loan.

Debt Consolidation Loans

If you are seeking personal loans for debt relief, its important to know that FreedomPlus helps with debt consolidation and debt settlement by working with creditors on your behalf. For example, if you are seeking a personal loan to help tackle credit card debt, FreedomPlus will exclude said credit card debt from your debt-to-income ratio and pay off the credit card once you are approved. This service can help you qualify for more money and make bill payments simple.

You could even qualify for rate discounts if you let FreedomPlus pay your creditors on your behalf, have retirement assets, or apply with a cosigner.

No Prepayment Fees

FreedomPlus does not charge any prepayment fees, regardless of when you decide to pay off your loan. This means you can pay off your loan anytime you want, regardless of your loan term. FreedomPlus also has fixed rate loans and one fixed monthly payment, so your APR will never fluctuate. This provides stability for borrowers and the opportunity to save money in interest charges if they want to pay off the loan early.

FreedomPlus Max Personal Loan Amount

FreedomPlus has a max personal loan amount of $40,000 with a minimum loan amount of $7,500. Funds are available within 48 hours of credit approval (at least a 620 credit score required), and the APR ranges between 5.99 percent and 29.99 percent. You can have a FreedomPlus personal loan for up to five years.

The Bad

Origination Fees

FreedomPlus charges an origination fee between 0-4.99% on its personal loans. While a fee like this isn't necessarily exorbitant for the industry, some industry leaders omit such processing fees from their loan applications altogether, but they are still quite common.

It is unclear how exactly FreedomPlus calculates its origination fees. On its website it states that, "origination fees are calculated on the final loan size and vary based on the interest rate and term selected." Make sure to talk with a representative at FreedomPlus so that you have a better idea of what this fee may look like for you.

The Bottom Line

The most important factor to consider when choosing between potential personal loan companies is whether their loan parameters meet your borrowing needs. In other words, does the length of the loan, interest rate, monthly installment payment, and borrowing amount match what you need in a loan?

FreedomPlus personal loans accept FICO scores starting at 620. They have wide parameters for interest rates, high loan amounts, quick approval times, flexible loan terms, and no hidden fees. Having a large number of positive reviews, FreedomPlus complaints are limited and customers highlight exceptional customer service, a painless loan process, and great loan rates.

FreedomPlus is a great option for your personal loan needs. Whether you're wanting to consolidate debt, cover home repairs, or fund other expenses, FreedomPlus is a quality lender.

*All loans available through FreedomPlus.com are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. All loan and rate terms are subject to eligibility restrictions, application review, credit score, loan amount, loan term, lender approval, and credit usage and history. Eligibility for a loan is not guaranteed. Loans are not available to residents of all states – please call a FreedomPlus representative for further details. The following limitations, in addition to others, shall apply: FreedomPlus does not arrange loans in: (i) Arizona under $10,500; (ii) Massachusetts under $6,500, (iii) Ohio under $5,500, and (iv) Georgia under $3,500. Repayment periods range from 24 to 60 months. The range of APRs on loans made available through FreedomPlus is 5.99% to a maximum of 29.99%. APR. The APR calculation includes all applicable fees, including the loan origination fee. For Example, a four year $20,000 loan with an interest rate of 15.49% and corresponding APR of 18.34% would have an estimated monthly payment of $561.60 and a total cost payable of $7,948.13. To qualify for a 5.99% APR loan, a borrower will need excellent credit on a loan for an amount less than $14,000.00, and with a term equal to 24 months. Adding a co-borrower with sufficient income; using at least eighty-five percent (85%) of the loan proceeds to directly pay off qualifying existing debt; or showing proof of sufficient retirement savings, could help you qualify.

Katherine

March 29th, 2016 CA

I just wanted to say thank you to Loretta with Freedomplus Loans. She was very helpful and walked me thru the entire process. She made it very simple. Loretta answered all my questions and responded quickly to my emails. I was dreading doing a debt consolidation. If I had known it was going to be this easy I would have done it sooner!! Thanks again Loretta

miriam velasquez

March 29th, 2016 Brooklyn, NY

Password reset has to be much easier and quicker calling for customer serive as well.

Jami

March 21st, 2016 Greenfield, IN

Process was quick and easy. We worked with Kirk. He was very informative, personable, and did a GREAT job staying on top of things. We went over a few options to make sure we were getting into a loan payment that was comfortable for out lifestyle to take out a personal loan for home improvements, and payoff a couple of credit cards. I am personally in the lending business for Home Mortgages, and am familiar with the lending process. Having knowledge in how lending works, I was impressed with this Company & its process. Perfect for what we were needing!

Marie Greenwell

March 21st, 2016 Louisville, KY

Wow, a loan in less than 2 hours. I am grateful for the entire process from your quality team of professionals who helped make this happen. A big Thank You to Anthony for his telephone patience, and guiding me through electronic signing process.

Cristy rods

March 21st, 2016 Altoona, PA

My loan officer Loretta was really nice and helped me through the whole process which made it quite easy. Quick to respond and made my loan easy to understand. I would recommend freedom plus and Loretta to anyone.

Lisa DelVecchio

March 21st, 2016 Durham, NC

I'm having problem with them paying another loan and now I owe on both of them. One of the representatives that I dealt with was in a hurry to give me the loan, but never replied to emails or phone messages about the pay off in another loan. This has been a stressful company to deal with.

Jessie

March 21st, 2016 Beverly, OH

I was very pleased with the overall process. Amanda was very polite,informative and quick with answers and responses. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Anthony

March 21st, 2016 Virginia Beach, VA

Randall was excellent from start to finish got a great rate, had the loan approved in a day, very professional. Answered all my questions called me on my phone to assure me all was going well, even came in on Saturday finish up my loan. I WILL be using Randall again.

Kim

March 21st, 2016 Caldwell, NJ

This was a great experience for us. We were approved very quickly and everything was explained to us in very great detail. If I could do it all over again I would pick this company again for sure. I am very happy with this loan and would highly recommend to anyone that is shopping around.

Sergio Pistacheos

March 21st, 2016 Corona, CA

3% Orgininator fee? That is $900 dollars on a 30K loan and they take it off the loan without any warning. I wish I knew about this before committing and sending all my paper work. I will never do business with them again, will repay this loan immediately and find business somewhere else. Another thing is that you cannot make payments online whenever you want, you have to call to make those extra payments. They only take automatic deductions from one account. Overall, very disatisfied with this company, never again.

N. Otieno

March 21st, 2016 Belmont, MA

Ozzy was excellent and efficient Loan Officer. He got me approved for a personal loan in a very short time period and answered all my questions in a quick and detailed fashion. He was very helpful throughout the entire process and it was a very favorable experience.

Rebecca Phillips

February 25th, 2016 Asheville, NC

I was very happy with the service I was provided up until the actual loan was paid out. I was told that 50% of the loan proceeds needed to be dispersed to my creditors directly by Freedom Plus but when they actually tried submitting fees to 2-3 of my creditors, they claimed that they couldn't get the payment to go through and then they had to credit the money back to my account and then I had to actually pay my creditors. We gave them the exact information that we use in our bank account for direct bill pay, so I'm still confused as to why they were unsuccessful. Instead of trying to figure out the problem or whether it was THEIR human error, they threw it back in my lap. My preference would have been for us to handle it from the beginning anyway, so this stressed us out because we ended up double submitting payments because we were scared that we'd be late because they didn't submit the funds for us.

Rich

February 25th, 2016 Bethlehem, PA

We needed to consolidate our credit cards ...... amazing .... we were approved in less that 24 hrs. Erich was a great communicator and guided us through a relatively simple quick process. Of course we had to provide the right information ASAP but if you have all your ducks in line the process is simple and quick. I would recommend FreedomPlus toa friend.

Jeanne

February 4th, 2016 Wesley Chapel, FL

I worked with Amanda and she was very professional and a pleasure to work with. The process was extremely easy, there was quick communication, an understanding of my position as well as helping me determine the best option for my situation.

Vladimir

February 4th, 2016 Saratoga, CA

Took the credit card debt consolidation loan. Smooth experience, process was reasonably fast. Very professional and courteous service, did not have my sales pressure or the like. Seem very reasonable. My APR was reasonable as well, lower compared to some credit cards. I would recommend their services to those looking for short-term loans.

roseann barger

January 29th, 2016 Roseville, MI

I worked with Daniel who was kind, patient and sincerely worked to meet my financial needs. The loan process was so quick with no pushing or harassing and I felt that Danny listened to me. I feel like I can breath again and I am so grateful that I chose this site and could work with Daniel. .Thanks so much again Danny and I hope your company appreciates you the way I do! Would recommend 100%

Debbie Webb

January 25th, 2016 Hesperia, CA

My husband and I had a great experience. Our agent was so helpful and very pleasant. I could not believe how quick they were. We would highly recommend this company.

Cheryl Streberger

January 21st, 2016 Lansing, MI

Everything went fast and very easy from start to finish. Everyone I have spoken to are pleasant and helpful. Highly recommend....

Emery Gregory

January 18th, 2016 Hampton, IA

Process from beginning to end went smoothly. Customer service was fine. Very professional and responsive to my e-mail questions. Very well pleased.

Loretta Wozniak

January 12th, 2016 Macedonia, OH

Don't reply to any letters you receive from this company telling you that you are approved for a loan. We have ( had before they hit our credit check) very good credit rates and they disapproved us. This is not a good idea for for a loan

Steve C

January 11th, 2016 Dumont, NJ

As suspected during the initial loan process and getting setup the phone calls to me didn't stop with the loan officer as well as the immediate email followup after account setup. Once you have an account setup, its pretty much gone radio silent My several attempts via email for questions regarding payments have not been replied to.

Ed Boddie

January 11th, 2016 Lansdowne, PA

Extremely easy to work with. Rare combination of a business out to make a profit and a staff that cares for the welfare of the client. This company's staff makes the difference. I strongly recommend this company for people looking to consolidate debt.

John Weber

January 8th, 2016 Denver, CO

Ryan was a big help to me...once I got set up, Prosper started to settle my accounts...one was reduce by 90%...unbelievable...just got started but cant wait to see the final results...

Tammie Allen

January 8th, 2016 Washington, DC

DaJuan my loan officer was excellent. Very informative and made the process easy. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Sometimes had to leave message but it is not a drive through and people are busy doing their jobs.

Richard Fellows

January 7th, 2016 Houston, TX

Online website does not allow additional payment processing. Loan interest rates are very high, I would not recommend to a friend

Robert

January 6th, 2016 Washington, DC

Terrible customer service. No one answers the phone and no one returns call. WORST ever!

Taylor Strecker

January 6th, 2016 Liberty, MO

Alan did a great job. He was respectful, helpful, friendly and caring through the entire process. He guided me well and I appreciate his support in consolidating our debt. I will highly recommend you. Also Ryan who handled our welcome call was great as well. Good people. Thank you all.

Phyllis J Sparks

January 4th, 2016 Portsmouth, OH

My experience was satisfactory except for one item. I receive my income on the third of the month and have asked your representative on two occassions to please change my due date to 02/03/16. Could you please do this for me??

richard welch

December 21st, 2015 Pearl, MS

still having problems opening the account . had this problem before and got help some help to fix the problem and it worked one time when I tryed it with the on line help and it has not worked since

Evan Leitner

December 17th, 2015 Acton, MA

I think this company is terrible. I asked if I could add more money onto my loan, because my wife was just recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and we have a lot of medical bills, and she has to have major surgery. They told me sorry, there is nothing we can do. This is the most heartless most disgusting company I have ever dealt with. They make me want to puke!

Catherine

December 15th, 2015 South Dennis, MA

Very friendly and easy to work with---their "simple interest" will help save tons of money and I can pay off the loan in 3 years versus 18 if I pay just the minimum on my c/c---Basil was very attentive and courteous in his explanation of process and kept me informed daily as to progress--will recommend to friends and family!

Herman Jones

December 8th, 2015 Gladewater, TX

Freedom Plus has been the best company to do business with and we look forward to continuing in the future with this awesome company.

Adam

December 7th, 2015 Santa Clara, CA

Kelly was very friendly and helpful. Answered all my questions and did everything on his behalf to help me. My first problem is solved and he will get my business for the second problem. Thank you

Jesse Habetz

December 7th, 2015 Lake Charles, LA

Not having the ability to make payments online is very disappointing to me. I am pleased with most other aspects regarding freedomplus, but the website could use some updating. Again most of my complaints is about not having the ability to make payments at anytime or change the amount or anything like that.

elizabeth s

December 7th, 2015 Evansville, IN

Working with FreedomPlus was a wonderful experience. Quick and easy. Basil is a jewel very professional, polite, and great to work with.

Mary Meyer

December 3rd, 2015 Minneapolis, MN

The whole process was way easier than I thought it would be. Having our monthly payment come out automatically is awesome! I cannot believe how much this consolidation loan has raised both of our credit scores, nearly 100 points each. Jeremy was great to work with.

Teresa McGervey

December 3rd, 2015 Arlington, VA

I continue to get e-mail about payments and statements even though I declared bankruptcy several months ago and the remaining balance on my account was discharged by the bankruptcy. I incurred late fees several times because of this. Even though I have contacted my lawyer, I fear that Freedom Plus will continue to take money from my account and the only way I will get rid of them is to sue them.

Ashley

November 24th, 2015 Baytown, TX

Everything was completed in an extremely quick operation. Joe was very knowledgeable and courteous. Great customer service, I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great personal experience! Thanks!

Joe Canfield

November 24th, 2015 Cleveland, OH

I should not have to call a hotline number to reset the password to my account. It's almost 2016. IP addresses and security questions can be used. Ridiculous.

[email protected]

November 24th, 2015 TX

This was an amazing experience. It took from start to finish, including money transfer too accounts three days. Everyone was very pleasant to talk with and capable of answering all questions.

Ed Boddie

November 20th, 2015 Lansdowne, PA

Customer service was attentive not assertive. Explanation of the loan terms and available payment options in relation to the actual cost of money was easily broken down and when the agent knew that I could comprehend and needed a more full detail you converted the explanation to a future value of money discussion. I would highly recommend this company because of the ease of dealing with customer service and my perceived notion that while a business the people behind the scenes actually care about the fiscal well being of the client.

Larry sanders

November 17th, 2015 Chicago, IL

There was no problem with the customer service who I talked with on the phone. But I definitely think there should be a policy in place which allows customers to make early payments that would be deducted from there scheduled monthly payment. I get paid weekly and it would help me budget if I could put a little on the bill when I have a few dollars to spare and don't want to spend it friviously.

Stanley

November 13th, 2015 Marion, IA

I had a personal loan that was killing me on the interest rate, it was 25.84% (I know, UGH!) and it was for FIVE years. I called FreedomPlus and worked with a VERY NICE gentleman who was extremely attentive to my needs, answered every question I had and left nothing to be uneasy about. I was able to fund a loan for $2,000 more than the payoff of my crushing personal loan at THREE years instead of five and at an interest rate of 18.99%. That cut 6% off my interest rate, gave me $2,000 more dollars and all it boiled down to was $120 more per month. I know that may not be possible for everyone to come up with an extra $120 per month, but I used the extra $2,000 to pay off smaller debts that required a $25 minimum monthly payment, so racking those up, I was able to save $100 in smaller monthly payments, so it came out to be an actual $20 more per month!! I think FreedomPlus is excellent. Sure, 18.99% is not "the best" interest rate out there, but for people who are building/rebuilding their credit scores, it sure is better than some of the "predatory lenders" out there. I recommend them highly!!

Fredal

November 13th, 2015 Washington, DC

FreedomPlus is awesome. Surprisingly, their interest rate was less than some of the banks and their process was faster and less intimidating. I felt very comfortable using an "online" loan company. Also, their customer service is great. I highly recommend their service.

Patsy Skaggs

November 13th, 2015 Warner, OK

Great customer service, fast easy and quick. Good options on rates and payback

Gino

November 13th, 2015 Wilkes Barre, PA

My experience with Freedom Plus was all positive, from beginning to end, nothing bad at all to say about it. Dajuan was my loan officer and his professionalism and courtesy was outstanding throughout the process. Thanks again Dajuan!

Lisa

November 5th, 2015 Fairfield, CA

I had a very high interest loan that I needed to pay off and Freedom Plus saved me! They were wonderful to deal with, so kind and polite. Very fast service. The whole entire loan process funded and everything took 4-5 days. Thank you again Freedom Plus!!! Saved me hundreds of dollars a month!

Sean

November 3rd, 2015 Miami, FL

My approach to free plus was hesitant, giving that i was introduce by a spammed third party. I made the call just to see the good of the offer, and was surprised by the easy process for approval, which made me more aware of them all. Having the credit karma app, i know my scores exceeds 700 and my income assist with all that's required.. i strongly recommend freedom plus to anyone interested in improving themselves and quality of life. . P.S. take the risk and invest in yourself, i did.

Arbresha haliti

October 26th, 2015 Miami, FL

I was not provided with the 14 % based on the commitment I choosed to have ! I provided pay stubs and banking account and seller asked me 401k and I said I'm busy have a small baby don't have time to sent another email therefore they decided in their own With 17% !! I saw this after I signed the documents ! I would like to be pulled off from this offer unless I have 14% APR !

Glenda Stevens

October 15th, 2015 Claremont, CA

Kelly was the loan officer I dealt with. He explained everything. He was very pleasant. He was very patient and made my experience very good. He notified me of everything that was happening. This is the best experience I have ever had applying for a loan. Thank You Glenda Stevens