Haven Life was founded in 2015 on the principle of making life insurance simple and accessible. The entire application process for a policy from Haven Life is online, which made Haven Life standout from other life insurers. Because of this, the company has been featured in publications such as The Huffington Post, Forbes, Business Insider, The Wall Street Journal, and others.

Haven Life offers future policyholders term life insurance with a quick application and approval process. It offers term policies that do not require a medical exam in certain cases. Often no-exam life insurance policies have slightly higher premiums than policies that require a medical exam.

The Good

• Real Rate Quotes
  • Online Signup
  • Backed by MassMutual

Real Rate Quotes

Haven Life offers potential policyholders real rate life insurance quotes. These quotes are based on the life insurance application information potential clients submit and other information from the underwriting process. These real rate quotes are available to applicants following the online application process.

Potential clients may need to undergo a medical exam prior to receiving approval and a finalized rate.

Life insurance rates are based on several factors, including the amount of benefit coverage purchased, age, gender, occupation, and health. While no-exam life insurance is more convenient to purchase, the cost of these policies is a little higher than those of exam life insurance policies.

Online Signup

Haven Life is a pioneer of online life insurance coverage. Nearly the entire process of signing up for your policy is paperless. This makes buying life insurance an easier and more convenient process.

Backed by MassMutual

MassMutual (Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company) owns Haven Life. This backing by a strong company in the life insurance industry is a great sign of stability and allows clients to trust Haven Life. MassMutual also has high financial strength ratings, which speaks to its financial stability.

The Bad

• Short Time in Business
  • Only Term Policies

Short Time in Business

With a life insurance provider, it's typically best to go with a company that's been established for decades, especially since policies are so long term. Since Haven Life is still relatively young compared to other life insurance companies, it can be tough to gauge where the company will be in coming years.

However, Haven Life is backed by MassMutual which has a long history as an insurer and high financial strength ratings. This backing offers Haven Life clients more security and stability when they buy a term life insurance policy from it.

Only Term Policies

According to what we could find, Haven Life only offers term policies. Other top life insurance providers offer not only term policies, but whole, universal, and variable universal policies as well.

While a permanent insurance policy offers coverage for an entire lifetime, a term life insurance policy is cheaper because it only offers insurance coverage for a specified period of time.

Potential clients interested in buying a permanent life insurance policy will have to find another company.

If you're looking for a good term life policy with a convenient online application process, Haven Life is a great choice.

The Bottom Line

Haven Life is still fairly new among life insurance providers, but it has turned some heads since its inception. Its financial backing with MassMutual is also encouraging considering its young age in the industry. The backing means that clients can trust Haven Life and be confident buying life insurance from it.

While those interested in a whole, universal, or variable insurance policy will need to look elsewhere, Haven Life is a good Haven Life stands out from other insurers for its focus on term life insurance coverage and use of an online life insurance application. Purchasing a life insurance policy from Haven Life is a simple process, especially compared to more traditional life insurance companies.

View Best Life Insurance Companies

4.8

Daniel Knisley

April 15th, 2020 Mt Pleasant, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Obtaining a term life policy with Haven Life was quick and easy. I highly recommend them for your life insurance needs.

May 14, 2020

Hi Daniel, We're so happy to hear we were able to provide a smooth experience for you. We really appreciate you choosing Haven Life and we're always here to help. Best, Elle

Martin Dvantman

March 24th, 2020 Miami, FL

Was very easy to purchase my life insurance, the process was online and everything was very clear and easy from the beginning.

Mar 27, 2020

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Haven Life, Martin! We're so happy to help you protect those who matter the most. Best, Elle , Haven Life Customer Success

Kudurika Clark

August 11th, 2020 Jonesboro, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went to the website to get a quote on life insurance on a Sunday night. The process was very simple and I got my quote in 5 minutes, sign my documents. Within 15 minutes, I received my policy paperwork in my email.

Alejandro

August 11th, 2020 Fayetteville, NC

easy process and application to get coverage, price is ok. I got approved for term life insurance online in less than 30 minutes.

Jonathan

July 21st, 2020 Little Elm, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The process was fairly easy. The online application was user friendly. The medical exam was easy. They came to my house. Performed the exam on both my wife and myself for both our applications. Once we had the exam we were approved within days.

Carlos Diaz

July 8th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

Previously had trouble getting an insurance company to cover me. No serious issues but the companies didn't take the time to ask questions. Haven Life did and they provided coverage, thanks much appreciated

Greg Banks

July 7th, 2020 Pasadena, MD

I was directed to Haven through my credit union Navy Federal. I read the reviews and read that they are a young company but backed by Mass Mutual who is a very well established Life insurance company. The process was easy, they had someone call to schedule me an at home or walk in medical appointment. I chose to go in for the appointment, it was quick and easy. I received a few more questions and my application was approved. Great experience, rates and monthly payments, I highly recommend them.

Jason Yu

July 7th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Offers very nice riders! It's a company that tries and does good. Very convenient. Great rates. And an amazing support team.

TawniG

July 7th, 2020 Indio, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The process could not have been easier for me. Fill out the health questionnaire, schedule an in-home medical exam and receive an outstanding quote! All in just a few weeks compared to the months it took for another company to provide a quote that was much more expensive. Thank you, Haven, you have me for Life!

Kathryn Tysinger

June 23rd, 2020 Winston-Salem, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very easy! I was able to fill out my own application (no spelling things for an agent 10 times), the at home health exam took about 30minutes. After that I received a follow up questionnaire to clarify any medications/conditions I had. It was to the point and the turn around time was very quick. I would recommend to anyone!

Jun 26, 2020

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, Kathryn! We know protecting your loved ones is incredibly important and we value your choice to use Haven Life. We're glad we could give you a great experience. Please know we're always here if you need! Best, Elle

Ashish Aggarwal

June 23rd, 2020 Canyon Country, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am (was) new to buying term life. And I shopped around for am best rating, price and convenience of buying. Nothing beats Havenlife. The other guys are so far behind. Almost all had me taking to an agent before they could do anything. With HavenLife, I bought my policy in 10 mins and after a quick at home health check, was on my way. Not the absolutely cheapest but not far from that price either. Ended up buying a second one for me and one for my wife!

Jun 26, 2020

Hi Ashish, We're so happy to hear we were able to provide a smooth experience for you. We really appreciate you choosing Haven Life and we're always here to help. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Best, Elle

Melissa Minchella

June 9th, 2020 Dickinson, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I reached out to two life insurance companies online and was seriously considering both. However one only offered a ten year term policy, while Haven provided the option of a 20 year policy with a medical assessment. The assessment was simple to schedule, the nurse practitioner made a 30 minute house call. I was approved with a monthly quote that was affordable for a 20 year policy. The staff was timely with communication and I am happy with my policy.

Jun 18, 2020

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, Melissa! We know protecting your loved ones is incredibly important and we value your choice to use Haven Life. Please know we're always here if you need! Best, Elle

James Plemmons

May 19th, 2020 Moncks Corner, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The process was what I liked best about Haven Life. It was pretty straight forward toward a successful result. Step by step instructions were easy to follow and the people involved were professional and knowledgeable.

Jun 03, 2020

Hi James, We're so happy to hear we were able to provide a smooth experience for you. We really appreciate you choosing Haven Life and we're always here to help. Best, Elle

Tocarra Jones

May 5th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife found this company through our bank Navy Federal and I couldn't be more satisfied. It was quick and easy process. They have really great rates and they even pay for your ex.

May 14, 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience, Tocarra! We're honored to have been able to provide you with an easy process. Best, Elle

J Hayes

May 5th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX

Sometimes life plans change as it did for my wife and I. We find ourselves raising three of our grandchildren, and our main priority is to provide for them now and in the future the best we can. Working with Haven Life to secure a term life insurance policy has been an easy process. I did have to have a medical exam, but Haven made that a quick and easy process as well at no cost to me. I now have the added peace of mind knowing that for the next 20 years my family has some extra security.

May 14, 2020

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, J! We know protecting your loved ones is incredibly important and we value your choice to use Haven Life. Please know we're always here if you need! Best, Elle

Malia Tice

March 17th, 2020 Truckee, CA

Applying online is great, but making the medical appointment needs to be easier. The fact that you cannot book online nor can you book more than 2 weeks out is very frustrating.

Mar 20, 2020

Hi Malia, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am sorry to hear that your exam scheduling experience didn't quite meet your expectations. At this time, our exam vendor does not support extended scheduling or online self-scheduling. To help make this process easier, our team reaches out directly to applicants to help them schedule an appointment which works for them. We can definitely see how these features would be helpful and would be happy to share this feedback directly with our vendor. We are always working to streamline the exam process for our applicants. Please know our team is always here to help with any questions you have about your policy. So glad to have you as part of the Haven Life family! Best,