Glassdoor is a company review and employment business with a database of over 8 million company reviews, salary details, interview questions, and open job listings. It was founded in 2007 to help people make more informed career decisions by increasing transparency about compensation and other previously taboo information in the workplace. The company is headquartered in Mill Valley, CA.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#2 Indeed chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
Price Range

Glassdoor's services are free to job seekers.

Pricing for job posting on Glassdoor is location based. Posting in a smaller city tends to be less expensive than posting in a larger city because it costs more to drive traffic to jobs in populated cities with many other competitive employer listings. The cost can range from $99 (for one job) to $499 (for 10 jobs), depending on the city and posting package the job recruiter selects. An exact pricing quote can only be obtained after filling out the job listing information.

By signing up for a 3 or 10 job slot subscription, the client gets the first 7 days free and can cancel anytime-so it is essentially a free 7-day trial.

Reach

Glassdoor receives over 17 million hits monthly, and they have over 8 million reviews on their site.

Resources and Learning Materials

Glassdoor's blog for job seekers and employees contains articles that discuss:

• Branding
  • Reviews
  • Salaries
  • Salary transparency
  • Watercooler

The blog for employers covers:

• Customer success
  • Employee engagement
  • Employer branding
  • How to use Glassdoor
  • Industry trends
  • Job advertising
  • News and events
  • Talent acquisition

For employers, Glassdoor provides a detailed guide to responding to reviews, both positive and negative. This includes who should respond, tips to stay on top of reviews, and why bad reviews are good for business.

Special Features

The most obvious and unique draw to job seekers is Glassdoor's review database. They can access CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews, office photos, and other information that may shed light on a particular company. Aside from discussing a personal acquaintance's experience with a company, this is the next best thing. In fact, it might be better, as reviews are written by a number of people over a span of years, and may include company responses.

Another feature Glassdoor offers is updates on current company and job trends by location, industry, and job title. Job seekers can see which jobs, companies, and cities are most popular based on what others are searching and sharing on Glassdoor.

Employers enjoy five basic features with a free Glassdoor account:

1. Update company information. This could include the number of employees, industry information, company description, corporate logo, photos, mission, benefits and perks.
  2. Manage reviews. Businesses can get feedback, both positive and negative, and have the opportunity to respond. Glassdoor offers a free guide to responding to comments in a way that shows the company values feedback and transparency.
  3. Gain competitive intelligence. Businesses can gain an accurate picture of which companies are competing for the same talent.
  4. Learn more about candidates. Employers get a demographic breakdown (gender, education, and years of experience) of visitors to their company page, which may give them an idea about who to target for jobs.
  5. See which jobs are being clicked on the most. Being aware of which jobs are most appealing to job seekers can help employers write better job titles and descriptions.

Beyond the free company page account, employers can promote their brand and actively advertise jobs to candidates. Services include integrating their profile into Facebook, accessing advanced analytics and benchmarking, and advertising jobs on competitors' profiles.

The Bad

• Experience
  • Customer support
Experience

The company was founded in 2007 after Rich Barton (co-founder) posed a question to Robert Hohman (another co-founder): "What would happen if someone left the unedited employee survey for the whole company on the printer and it got posted to the Web?" Experience-wise, the company is about ten years behind the first job search companies.

Customer Support

The company's customer support could use some improvement. There is a help center where users can submit a form to be contacted, but no email address or phone number is provided for job seekers with questions. A sales number is provided (888) 355-9323, but the recording encourages job seekers to "continue to use glassdoor.com." A live chat feature would be helpful.

The Bottom Line

Glassdoor is the best resource for getting acquainted with a company's culture, management, and employee satisfaction. Its review database is unmatched and can help job seekers create realistic expectations for working with a particular company. This information alone doesn't necessarily help someone find a job. But by following company pages, potential candidates can be made aware when jobs are available and be prepared by tracking industry and company trends.

Dreama Wright

February 26th, 2021 Edinburg, VA

Easier to actually apply to jobs than a lot of job searching websites that don't ever seem to take you to the right place and not as many annoying useless emails.

Mike Hudson

February 25th, 2021 Birmingham, AL

Why so stingy with the reviews? This company doesn't wanna provide sufficient information on potential employers for a prospect to make an informed decision. Charge the company, not the prospect.

Missy Truth

February 25th, 2021 Ankeny, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This would be an incredibly helpful site except it asks intrusive questions in required settings to even sign up, information you may want not to disclose. It says its private which makes me wonder what they want that info for. You also have to sign up to even be able to read reviews, which is definitely not helpful for someone without a recent or current work history.

Kate

February 21st, 2021 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Glassdoor. Not only has this company helped me find jobs, but I can also read reviews about companies from current and former employees. It is extremely helpful to get an inside view of companies before signing up to work for them.

Colt Lacovara

February 17th, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent service that keeps you informed and up-to-date with all of your job searching needs! A great user interface with a multitude of customizable options makes it easy to navigate and find your dream job!

Terry N

February 16th, 2021 Sioux Falls, SD

Good info on jobs from previous employees and gives a good idea what a starting pay should be extected.

Frankie

February 8th, 2021 Cibolo, TX

Glassdoor is another tool that is designed to show you information if you are looking for a job. It is very helpful.

Victoria Tschirhart

February 8th, 2021 ,

I like them. I use them to learn about companies bevels working for them. You can learn about salary and get employee reviews.

Mark Stansell

February 7th, 2021 Boynton Beach, FL

I uploaded my resume to GD and got immediate eyeballs and a few offers for jobs. I am happy with Glassdoor!

Justin Pumilia

February 5th, 2021 Saint Paul, MN

Have had no luck at all from this service. Nice to see how many jobs are out there too bad I could get one.

Dorothea Grimes-Farrow

February 2nd, 2021 Athens, GA

Reliable, well-written information. It's an excellent service for anyone in business environment.

Eban Beltran

February 2nd, 2021 Arlington, TX

Glassdoor is great overall and definitely a go to for me to learn about a company’s culture and decide if it’s the right fit. I think it would be great if they could show a company’s user rating based on different categories of employee demographics.

daphjohnson

February 1st, 2021 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Glassdoor is a good idea. It helps you while you are searching for Jobs because you can get reviews of companies. However, whenever I go to glassdoor it doesnt give me the information I would like to see. I think it would be more beneficial if they offered more information. I think it would be more widely used if that were the case.

Jazmin

February 1st, 2021 Redmond, WA

I found some good opportunities on this website. I applied to several jobs and got one from the reference on this website

applebutteranna Butler

February 1st, 2021 West Wendover, NV

Glassdoor is a great way to search for potential jobs! They make it very easy to filter for the jobs you're interested in.

G Burt

January 27th, 2021 ,

Really love the product that Glassdoor offers, being able to understand a company and being able to see what candidates and current employees have to say about the company is invaluable.

eileen matos

January 27th, 2021 Lakeland, FL

Excellent job search and suggestions including pay rate and employees reviews. Easy apply options available

Kyle

January 26th, 2021 Provo, UT

Great way to prep for interviews. I often bring up negative reviews just to see how the interviewer responds.

David Glauser

January 25th, 2021 West Jordan, UT

Glassdoor provided some great info on companies I was looking in to and the salaries of positions I was considering. I also found several jobs I ended up applying for that were listed on Glassdoor.

Corbin Short

January 23rd, 2021 ,

Glassdoor by far has the most data of any job search site. It was super helpful for me in preparing for interviews for a lot of different companies. As a job search function, it was less helpful because I was typically applying to jobs through company recruiters. But even if it is less helpful to you for finding jobs, it is still helpful once you have interviews lined up.

Jared

January 22nd, 2021 Provo, UT

I've used Glassdoor a limited amount to learn about different companies and the salaries/cultures there. It has been good for what I needed it for!

Mason Allen

January 21st, 2021 Provo, UT

I like using Glassdoor for job searching because it does a lot of the searching for you. I put in my past jobs and left reviews for those companies and now it sends me available jobs all the time that actually would interest me. I like that the salary range is often included and that I can see how real employees thought about those companies.

Kellie Payne

January 19th, 2021 Pickerington, OH

Has different jobs than other boards, but the search function is too specific to find entry level jobs if you don’t have a certain role or company you are looking for

Phoenicia Cloud

January 15th, 2021 Rosamond, CA

I like that Glass door had cross over applications from other web sites. I found the site helpful and fairly simple to apply and use my resume.

Tlopez90

January 14th, 2021 Hartford, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have personally found few opportunities for employment opportunities on this site a business opportunity I didn't know was in the area

Eugene Opbroek

December 29th, 2020 Hartford, SD

good company, seems like they are kind of limited on the type of jobs they offer, more diversity would be grreat

M L

December 24th, 2020 ,

I have used glass door to find out reviews about working for companies. they are usually spot on. dont like that i have to download the ap to use them on my phone

Elena Margaritis

December 10th, 2020 Benson, AZ

Glassdoor reviews of companies were good, not completely accurate. But better than other reviews sites.

crystal brooks

December 3rd, 2020 Vallejo, CA

This site is very helpful. They help me get a better understanding of how much a job classification makes

Vikti Mehta

November 23rd, 2020 Frisco, TX

Glassdoor has provided helpful salary statistics and company reviews for me to research which companies I am interested in. Sometimes information is locked when you use Glassdoor in a simple Google search.

jaci finch

November 20th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX

I have tried to use Glassdoor before but the online website was confusing. Needless to say, I didn't find a job on it.

Rog

November 15th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

They are awesome. I just filled in what I was supposed to, and they sent me so many job opportunities. I had no idea job searching could be this easy

Diana

November 11th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

One of my favorite sites to look for jobs. I like how many former and current employees can post reviews and you can make a judgement on whether you’d like to work for that company based on their reviews.

topaztije

November 6th, 2020 ,

The alerts are pretty much accurate. I haven't found a job yet, but it is hard to find a job during a pandemic.

ISMAIL MUSOSI

October 25th, 2020 Kampala, 102

After searching and browsing the internet for jobs, I landed on glassdoor.com. To my surprise, they had jobs for me. I literally had over 50 jobs I could apply for. When I made my choice on which applications I should make, I realized that there were tools that I could use to land an interview and hopefully get myself a job. At glassdoor, you do not just apply to a company, you can read reviews on the company, you can read interview questions and a lot more. Thank you all at glassdoor.

Lee Hutton

October 22nd, 2020 San Jose, CA

Glassdoor has been extremely helpful over the past 4 years on my tech job search. Showing the honest employee reviews, the benefits the employees receive, and having a birds eye view of what to expect from a company prior to applying has been crucial in my job search.

Kevin Malone

October 20th, 2020 Washington, DC

I have been using it for a while now to search jobs mostly but I've never received a positive response off of Glassdoor. I would, however, keep using it because there aren't many options available and most of the jobs are posted on a very few platforms.

Florencia Angelica

October 19th, 2020 Leeds, LDS

Gives a good idea about companies, roles, and interview expectations. Reviews are based on personal experiences which can vary drastically from person to person. So not really a true reflection on the overall company.

Hurditya

October 19th, 2020 Vancouver, BC

Glassdoor is my go to destination to view a company's reputation, employee salaries and prospective career options. It is a very welcoming platform that helps job-seekers and employees the same.

Stephen Van Vactet

October 17th, 2020 Denver, CO

I thought it was extremely easy to apply for jobs in the level of jobs in the amount of jobs available it helped me find employment

Mark McKeown

October 16th, 2020 Raleigh, NC

Most honest way to find out what is going on inside a company. Reviews are very interesting. Mostly very reliable

Andrew Hyde

October 8th, 2020 ,

My favorite function of Glassdoor is the ability to see actual, anonymous reviews by current and past employees of the companies you are applying to. Being able to see the pros and cons helped make many job decisions for me.

Keld Sperry

October 3rd, 2020 Lehi, UT

I really enjoy this helpful website. I like that they show the inside feel for all the companies and all the insights for salaries

Paige Stockard

September 15th, 2020 Denver, CO

I have tried using Glassdoor a few times to look for jobs, but I find the layout to be a little confusing and have never had any luck with the website.

Iris Sanders

September 15th, 2020 Denver, CO

I like that Glassdoor is exactly what it says: transparent and truthful! People can really write about their experiences, and be truthful about what it's like to work for a particular employer.

AF

September 14th, 2020 ,

I love the idea of Glassdoor, to be able to learn more about a company from anonymous employees. I like you read reviews from people that feel like they be honest and open. Sometimes I would like to see a larger sample size.

Dave_

September 14th, 2020 Layton, UT

Glassdoor give a great perspective of employers by getting the reviews of current and former employees. This helped me in deciding my employer.

Tagg

September 13th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I am thinking about getting a job I love using glass door to see what others within the company say and the pros and cons of the company.

Ashley Ulibarri

September 5th, 2020 Herriman, UT

I always come to Glassdoor to research a company before an interview or even applying to a position, I like that people who have actually worked for a company can leave a review about it. I find that very helpful when looking at company’s culture.

Kevin Liu

September 4th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love how the reviews of companies are from current and last employees. I didn’t really use it for job searching