Glassdoor is a company review and employment business with a database of over 8 million company reviews, salary details, interview questions, and open job listings. It was founded in 2007 to help people make more informed career decisions by increasing transparency about compensation and other previously taboo information in the workplace. The company is headquartered in Mill Valley, CA.

#1 ZipRecruiter chevron_right
#2 Indeed chevron_right
#3 LinkedIn chevron_right

The Good

• Price range
  • Reach
  • Resources and learning materials
  • Special features
Price Range

Glassdoor's services are free to job seekers.

Pricing for job posting on Glassdoor is location based. Posting in a smaller city tends to be less expensive than posting in a larger city because it costs more to drive traffic to jobs in populated cities with many other competitive employer listings. The cost can range from $99 (for one job) to $499 (for 10 jobs), depending on the city and posting package the job recruiter selects. An exact pricing quote can only be obtained after filling out the job listing information.

By signing up for a 3 or 10 job slot subscription, the client gets the first 7 days free and can cancel anytime-so it is essentially a free 7-day trial.

Reach

Glassdoor receives over 17 million hits monthly, and they have over 8 million reviews on their site.

Resources and Learning Materials

Glassdoor's blog for job seekers and employees contains articles that discuss:

• Branding
  • Reviews
  • Salaries
  • Salary transparency
  • Watercooler

The blog for employers covers:

• Customer success
  • Employee engagement
  • Employer branding
  • How to use Glassdoor
  • Industry trends
  • Job advertising
  • News and events
  • Talent acquisition

For employers, Glassdoor provides a detailed guide to responding to reviews, both positive and negative. This includes who should respond, tips to stay on top of reviews, and why bad reviews are good for business.

Special Features

The most obvious and unique draw to job seekers is Glassdoor's review database. They can access CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews, office photos, and other information that may shed light on a particular company. Aside from discussing a personal acquaintance's experience with a company, this is the next best thing. In fact, it might be better, as reviews are written by a number of people over a span of years, and may include company responses.

Another feature Glassdoor offers is updates on current company and job trends by location, industry, and job title. Job seekers can see which jobs, companies, and cities are most popular based on what others are searching and sharing on Glassdoor.

Employers enjoy five basic features with a free Glassdoor account:

1. Update company information. This could include the number of employees, industry information, company description, corporate logo, photos, mission, benefits and perks.
  2. Manage reviews. Businesses can get feedback, both positive and negative, and have the opportunity to respond. Glassdoor offers a free guide to responding to comments in a way that shows the company values feedback and transparency.
  3. Gain competitive intelligence. Businesses can gain an accurate picture of which companies are competing for the same talent.
  4. Learn more about candidates. Employers get a demographic breakdown (gender, education, and years of experience) of visitors to their company page, which may give them an idea about who to target for jobs.
  5. See which jobs are being clicked on the most. Being aware of which jobs are most appealing to job seekers can help employers write better job titles and descriptions.

Beyond the free company page account, employers can promote their brand and actively advertise jobs to candidates. Services include integrating their profile into Facebook, accessing advanced analytics and benchmarking, and advertising jobs on competitors' profiles.

The Bad

• Experience
  • Customer support
Experience

The company was founded in 2007 after Rich Barton (co-founder) posed a question to Robert Hohman (another co-founder): "What would happen if someone left the unedited employee survey for the whole company on the printer and it got posted to the Web?" Experience-wise, the company is about ten years behind the first job search companies.

Customer Support

The company's customer support could use some improvement. There is a help center where users can submit a form to be contacted, but no email address or phone number is provided for job seekers with questions. A sales number is provided (888) 355-9323, but the recording encourages job seekers to "continue to use glassdoor.com." A live chat feature would be helpful.

The Bottom Line

Glassdoor is the best resource for getting acquainted with a company's culture, management, and employee satisfaction. Its review database is unmatched and can help job seekers create realistic expectations for working with a particular company. This information alone doesn't necessarily help someone find a job. But by following company pages, potential candidates can be made aware when jobs are available and be prepared by tracking industry and company trends.

Paige Stockard

September 15th, 2020 Denver, CO

I have tried using Glassdoor a few times to look for jobs, but I find the layout to be a little confusing and have never had any luck with the website.

Iris Sanders

September 15th, 2020 Denver, CO

I like that Glassdoor is exactly what it says: transparent and truthful! People can really write about their experiences, and be truthful about what it's like to work for a particular employer.

AF

September 14th, 2020 ,

I love the idea of Glassdoor, to be able to learn more about a company from anonymous employees. I like you read reviews from people that feel like they be honest and open. Sometimes I would like to see a larger sample size.

Dave_

September 14th, 2020 Layton, UT

Glassdoor give a great perspective of employers by getting the reviews of current and former employees. This helped me in deciding my employer.

Tagg

September 13th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I am thinking about getting a job I love using glass door to see what others within the company say and the pros and cons of the company.

Ashley Ulibarri

September 5th, 2020 Herriman, UT

I always come to Glassdoor to research a company before an interview or even applying to a position, I like that people who have actually worked for a company can leave a review about it. I find that very helpful when looking at company’s culture.

Kevin Liu

September 4th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love how the reviews of companies are from current and last employees. I didn’t really use it for job searching

Dalila C.

August 28th, 2020 Santa Ana, CA

I like Glassdoor. It is very easy to use and I think they do a good job at matching you with potential jobs that you are interested in. I have used it to look for employment. I do recommend this website for looking for employment!

Kenneth Hawkins

August 17th, 2020 Carnegie, PA

Glassdoor has provided helpful information related to employment services. I love the way they communicate with me and prospective employers.

Tomas Miranda

August 8th, 2020 Orlando, FL

I love the Glassdoor app because it not only provides job postings but also provides salary and company reviews. It is also a great tool to find out interview questions and assistance.

Jenny Martinez

August 4th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Glassdoor to look up companies I am planning to apply at. Employees have the opportunity to review the companies and tell about the hiring process. They can also include salary. What I don’t like about Glassdoor is that companies can go and argue against whatever their reviews say.

paul gingell

July 26th, 2020 Frimley, SRY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This platform is mainly for people looking for different types of jobs ,Its just publishes semi skilled or skilled work for people to view and submit applications forward.

Seyan Lucero

July 23rd, 2020 Denver, CO

This site is receptive of jobs you can find elsewhere. They do not remove posting of expired jobs on time.

SaVedra O'Neal

July 23rd, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Glassdoor. This is the best job search and lookup company on my opinion. You don't just see the company and their synopsis of their business. You get to review actual current and past employees opinion of the company. They give you the Pro's and Con's of their experience. Which I think is fair and vital to make the decision when applying for a job.

Jeremy Bayer

July 22nd, 2020 Columbus, OH

Glass door is a good way to get an idea on how a company functions and employee satisfaction. I would talekeke what you read with a grain assult at times due to discruntled employees

BrooklynWriter

July 21st, 2020 Brooklyn, NY

The employee reviews are worthwhile -- especially regarding company culture and leadership. However, take the salary guidance with a grain of salt. I've found they're almost never on point. People don't like to report their true salaries, even anonymously.

Dawn East

July 17th, 2020 Tillamook, OR

I use Glassdoor to check companies that I will be potentially working for. It helps to be able to see what other people think about a company I want to work for. I used it when applying with a company in Oregon and am so glad I did!

Tanya A

July 16th, 2020 Long Beach, CA

Easy to browse for jobs and they have a lot of seemingly decent positions. Not like the bigger cites where you can easily get lost!

Ben and Cin

July 15th, 2020 Kenilworth, NJ

I like that Glassdoor gives me a profile that tells me how much I should be earning based on my experience and resume. Finding jobs is easy even if getting callbacks from employers can be a little scarce.

Melanie

July 15th, 2020 Vancouver, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that Glassdoor shows salary ranges for companies and different industries. This is has really helped me to understand what my expectations should be while searching for a job. My only critique is that the information for a particular company is not always complete. So it is really a better tool for getting a general idea, rather than finding exact information.

Danielle Berkowitz

July 14th, 2020 Smithtown, NY

Pros: Nice platform to find jobs, look at salary expectations and to see some trustworthy reviews Cons: The job algorithm is so off; there will be job postings on there that got posted on Glassdoor a day ago thinking you're applying for this new job, little do you know - the job was posted directly by the host 30+ days ago.

Darie Myers

July 11th, 2020 Powder Springs, GA

I like how straight forward it’s to apply for the jobs you want. The filter options is always great.

Caleb Warren

July 10th, 2020 Norcross, GA

Never been able to find anything remotely good on Glassdoor, however the salary tool is very helpful to know what to expect or ask for for jobs

Bryan Jensen

April 1st, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Glassdoor is awesome. Real reviews from real employees. Good or bad, you can find it.

Rocio Diaz

April 1st, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love using Glassdoor when looking for employment because it gives me salaries per experience and education.

Karen Torino

March 11th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love using Glassdoor to determine possible living locations for my future based off different salaries for my occupation. I also love being able to read reviews from different people and seeing their reported salaries.

Phabie

March 9th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Gives a great way to compare salaries by zip code! It is a good resource to have for any job search.

Elizabeth Klemm

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

I have applied to multiple jobs on Glassdoor during my high school and college careers and their application process is very comprehensive and easy to fill out.

Janie Dennis

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I LOVE GLASSDOOR! This tool has helped so many people who are looking for jobs and reviews on companies! It also helps many of us have an idea of jobs and careers out there. I have used this and it’s helped me in the ways I described.

Maryann Renteria (Mckrae)

February 29th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Glassdoor and am glad that it exists! In looking for a new opportunity I like that I’m able to find all the important information here. It’s helped me make decisions on future employment.

Mhorne182

February 23rd, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT

I have used Glassdoor recently. The interface is fantastic and I have got some leads from this site. I would recommend.

Kilee Wagner

February 22nd, 2020 Bountiful, UT

Love the specific features this site offers for salary, interview, and benefit summaries. Use it all the time when looking for a new job.

Kaitlyn Rios

February 21st, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Glassdoor is a great job search tool. They have tons of industries in many places across the USA. I like the options for search parameters. And the results from those searches are expansive. The results are displayed in an efficient way making great headway at finding new employment.

Michelle Rios

February 21st, 2020 Ogden, UT

Glassdoor alerts me every day of jobs that fit my profile. I like being alerted to opportunities as they come available. I look forward to the day that my dream job pops up and I can be one of the first to apply. Keep up the good work Glassdoor.

Valentino Chanel

February 20th, 2020 South Jordan, UT

The difference with this site is being able to read reviews about the pros and cons of working for such and such company. It gives good insight to things you wouldn’t know unless you already worked there.

Deryl

February 20th, 2020 Managua, MN

I like Glassdoor because it gives me the resources to first hand accounts of people in the work field.

Rebecca

February 19th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Glassdoor because it helps me get an idea of a job from someone who has had experience.

Nesha Leonard

February 14th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

I usually just use this to compare salaries. It’s pretty accurate. Also shows a lot of good job listings.

Eddie Rios

February 13th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Glassdoor is simply a rock solid job search engine. I've used them all and find that they have the best search tools and they display results in an orderly fashion. Great tools to help an applicant find and apply for jobs. And it seems that they have a better insight to companies looking for applicants. So many more job opportunities with Glassdoor.

Angelina Hamilton

February 7th, 2020 Jackson, MS

I like there job search because it has salaries available for job like the ones I’m looking for and those that are similar at the same place!

Christina Shumway

February 5th, 2020 Managua, MN

Glassdoor is really helpful when looking for a job. I love that people who work at the location can give their opinion on the job.

chris Francom

January 29th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I thinks it’s a must! Get real reviews from actual employees along with pay scales for the various positions.

Jacob

December 30th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Glassdoor is probably one of my favorites. With articles, resources, and reviews, Glassdoor makes it easy to get an inside look at a company and prepare for the job you want.

Michelle W

December 15th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

LOVE Glassdoor for job search. It's so helpful to research salaries for jobs so I can prepare myself for interviews and when they ask what my ideal salary requirements are. Very reliable, and helps my job search be successful.

Roberson

December 12th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT

Using Glassdoor I have received a few job offers, however it often takes a while to get responses. Its incredibly valuable to be able to view and make your own reviews of companies or positions when using Glassdoor to search for a new occupation. I would highly recommend using Glassdoor if you are trying to gain a better understanding of how employees view their own company.

Juan

December 10th, 2019 Beaver, PA

I like to browse on glassdoor for jobs in my field. it is nice to be able to see salary ranges and also read reviews about employers.

BJ Tenney

December 9th, 2019 Woods Cross, UT

I love the transparency that an employee can have about a current employee, or that you can read about potential interview questions. The last few times I've been looking for a job, I checked what people were saying on Glassdoor.

Connor

November 28th, 2019 Farmington, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Glassdoor is the only place I look for reviews on the work environment. They are very reliable.

Daphne Brown

November 24th, 2019 Riverton, UT

I have not gotten unique positions or the first posting for the employers. I have not seen a good selection and you seem to be just postings the same as other sites.

Jon Posey

November 19th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think glassdoor is great if you sign up and are looking for a job. Posting is ok, not the best but they are decent.