Atlantic Broadband Logo

Atlantic Broadband

Is This Your Business?

2.6

Atlantic Broadband is an East Coast internet, phone, and TV provider with 15 years of experience. It offers high-speed internet to homes and businesses of all sizes. The company has service centers and stores locally in all of the locations it offers internet access. Atlantic Broadband is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cogeco Communications, Inc.

The Good

• Customer Service
  • Internet Quality
  • Bundle Options
  • Available to Businesses

Atlantic Broadband has excellent customer service and is dedicated to customer satisfaction. It offers free next-day installation with appointments in three-hour windows. It also offers two-hour service windows if you encounter challenges with your internet.

The company has tech support available all day, every day, so customers always have someone to troubleshoot and fix any internet problems that arise. Customers can also use their own online account to troubleshoot their modem.

Customers can manage payment for services, set up an email account, and deal with the effects of weather and power outages using their Atlantic Broadband account.

On its website, Atlantic Broadband has many great resources for customers. It includes how-to videos, user guides, and FAQs. The customer service number is also highly visible. Atlantic Broadband has excellent customer support services.

Internet Quality

Atlantic Broadband offers internet speed of up to 50 Mbps download speed, which is more than sufficient for any streaming app or internet TV provider. The company also ensures that home wi-fi access is reliable and that there are no wifi dead zones or internet outage in your home or business.

Like Xfinity Internet, Atlantic Broadband also has wi-fi hotspots available to its customers in its network areas that they can have access to high speed internet outside of their home.

Bundle Options

Customers interested in purchasing internet, TV, and phone service can bundle all three of these services or any combination of them to receive deals. To view all available Atlantic Broadband plans, you have to input your location online.

Atlantic Broadband service has no cancellation fees. These are nice features in addition to free installation and quality customer service.

Some of their packages come with contracts. There may be additional fees for an Atlantic Broadband approved modem or wi-fi router.

Available to Businesses

Atlantic Broadband is also able to meet the internet needs of businesses in several industries, including government, retail, restaurants, and health care. It also has bundles and specific wi-fi access features available to businesses. More details on these offerings can be found on its website by inputting your business's zip code.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Atlantic Broadband internet is primarily available in ten cities across Pennsylvania, Maryland, South Carolina, Connecticut, Florida, and Delaware. It is also available in a few other areas. You can easily check the company's website to see if service is offered in your area by entering your zip code. Once you've selected your location, you can see the pricing of various bundles and packages. If you live within Atlantic Broadband's service area, check out our verified Atlantic Broadband reviews to see how other customers are enjoying their internet service.

The Bottom Line

Atlantic Broadband has high-quality internet, customer service, and other product offerings. Its services are available to businesses and homeowners alike and meet each one's specific needs. It offers free installation with no contracts or cancellation fees. If Atlantic Broadband internet service is available in your area, it is worth taking the time to consider them when choosing an internet service provider.

View Best Internet Service Companies

2.7

R W Aiken, SC

Terrible customer service. Tech never arrives on-site and calls from a private number that you can't call back on. Spoke to a Live Chat (Chasity) operator and she was rude as hell. Stating that I have to catch the call when they call or else I miss out, even when I'm home all day for them to show up. Extremely terrible service and best to avoid at all costs.

pamela groussman Aiken, SC

I've been a "preferred" customer for 15 years, and it started out great, compared to AT&T. It has recently started increasing rates every year a lot (15-20%), with no improved services/features, their internet speeds are bad since increased COVID traffic, their tech help and customer service are WORTHLESS, and they never answer their phones anymore. After all these years, I asked to pay ONE bill 15 days late and they hounded me night and day and finally said they'd disconnect me even though I paid when I promised. I am 77 and it is my only connection to the outside world. They are an out of control monopoly now, and do not care how bad they are, because THEY DON'T HAVE TO!

Suzanne Stevensville, MD

Since switching to Atlantic Broadband a few years ago, I have had only a positive experience with my internet company. The very few times it has gone down in the area, it has been back up in a short time. I have only good things to say about Atlantic Broadband.

Hugo R Hernandez Blakeslee, PA

I have only two companies providing services to the area where I live in Blakeslee, PA. When I moved here last year I subscribed to one of them and proved to be so bad that I had service 10% of the time with the modem showing error lights almost all the time. Finally I was able to break my one year contract and switched to Atlantic Broadband. Last week I call because I had no service. They scheduled a service visit two day later (how good is that when you work from home like me?) The technician came and found a problem in the router and proceeded to change it and also went to check the box in the street and told me there was a problem there and he would send a crew to fix it. Today I got an email with the monthly bill and I was shocked to see the amount I owe them was double the regular price. (from $ 65 went up to $ 130) so I called the company I was put on hold for about 20 minutes before I got a service rep in the line. I was told they charged me $50 because the technician reported nothing was wrong with the service!!! They finally gave me a one time "courtesy" credit. What a nerve.

Dorothy Hutto Aiken, SC

I have cable, phone and internet service with them. Have not had any problems with service.

Gloria Christe

It was very good in navigating the net and very little and the affordability was the reason I changed from Hughesnet

Susan C. Plubell

They are very expensive. I pay for high speed internet, but it is still very slow.

Cynthia fox

They have great service and are reliable and great quality

James ortz Knox, PA

Good and fast customer service. Friendly

Tired of being ripped off by companies Franklin, NH

Average rates. Have had no problems with my internet. Customer service needs improvement

Roy

nothing they are terrible,poor customer support and poor service

Robin Burroughs Chestertown, MD

Very erratic internet and VERY EXPENSIVE

george dinges Altoona, PA

lots of variety-if I have a problem with internet, phone or cable, they fix it

David Guiher

Very slow and can be very sporadic. Staff is rude and very unhelpful.