Strayt

6.5

LAST UPDATED: September 20th, 2021

Strayt is an invisible braces provider with competitive offerings, such as a 30-day money-back guarantee, a price-match guarantee, and flexible payment options. The company makes it more affordable and accessible to experience straighter teeth compared to Invisalign. Mobile scanning is available as well as traditional impression kits. Strayt’s average treatment time is six months and is in line with most other invisible braces providers.

See what real customers have said about their journey to straighter teeth in our Strayt reviews.

The Good

• Three Simple Payment Plans
  • Possible Insurance Coverage
  • Custom Teeth Whitening Trays
  • Strayt Night Aligners Option
  • Smile Design App
  • Mobile Scanning and Partner Studio Consultations
  • Safety Precautions
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Price-Match Guarantee

Three Simple Payment Plans

To offer flexibility to its customers, Strayt has three simple payment plans: a 12-month plan, a 24-month plan, and the company’s Strayt Pay plan. You can choose which one works best for your situation and budget. Each plan includes your choice of the company’s Strayt Clear Aligners or Strayt Night Aligners, as well as the company’s three-in-one whitening system, a personal aligner case, your first set of retainers, and free shipping.

If you opt for the 12-month plan, you’ll pay a $199 down payment and $154 per month for 12 months.

For the 24-month plan, you’ll pay a $248 down payment and $87 per month for 24 months.

Lastly, The Strayt Pay plan is the company’s upfront payment plan that includes a one-time payment of $1,848 with no down payment. When compared to the 12-month plan, you’ll save $199 with the Strayt Pay payment option. When compared to the 24-month plan, you’ll save $488.

Possible Insurance Coverage

Some customers may be eligible for additional payment help using an FSA or HSA debit card. During checkout, enter your FSA or HSA information to see if you qualify. You can also check with your insurance company to see if your plan covers clear aligners. Strayt can help you verify your insurance benefit and fill out reimbursement paperwork to make your treatment as affordable as possible.

Custom Teeth Whitening Trays

As part of each of its invisible braces packages, Strayt offers a teeth whitening system. In addition, if you’re not ready to commit to invisible braces quite yet but still want to try out Strayt’s teeth whitening, you can purchase its teeth whitening system for $148 per set. This includes a mobile scan consultation, custom-fitted trays for your top and bottom teeth, and a 50 ml bottle of Strayt’s Whitefoam teeth whitener solution.

Strayt Night Aligners Option

If you don’t want to wear your invisible braces during the day, Strayt offers its Strayt Night Aligners, which are to be worn only 10 hours each night. This way you don’t have to wear your aligners out of the house and you only have to worry about putting them on at night and taking them off in the morning.

However, the Strayt Night Aligners have a longer treatment time since you only wear them 10 hours a day. Instead of the average six-month treatment time with Strayt Clear Aligners, the Strayt Night Aligners take double the time to achieve straight teeth. If you don’t mind a year-long treatment time and want the convenience of night aligners, Strayt Night Aligners are a great option.

However, if you prefer a shorter treatment duration and are okay with wearing the aligners at least 22 hours each day, the Strayt Clear Aligners are the better option for you.

Smile Design App

Strayt offers a smile design app that allows you to view your current smile and your end smile goal. After your treatment has been designed and analyzed by skilled orthodontists, you can virtually view your current teeth alignment from multiple angles. The viewer app helps you understand how your teeth will shift to create a perfect smile during the treatment plan. You can view an example of the smile design app on the website.

Mobile Scanning and Partner Studio Consultations

Strayt has impression kits you can purchase and send back to the company to receive your custom invisible aligners. However, Strayt also offers free mobile scanning. Strayt customer reviews have said that the mobile scan customer service is great and the representatives are very helpful. If you choose the mobile scan option, a person will come to your home and create a scan of your teeth. It’s not a long process and can be easier to do than the impression kit. But, it’s important to note that this service is only available in certain areas.

The company also has a partner studio it uses and you can schedule a scanning consultation at one of their retail locations. The physical locations are only available for a scan appointment in select areas in Arizona.

Because mobile scanning and partner studios are only in certain areas and aren’t available to everyone, Strayt offers you a discount to make up for it if you are not in the service area. If you order an impression kit the same day you realize you’re not in an eligible service area, Strayt will give you 50 percent off of your impression kit, as well as $200 off your treatment.

Safety Precautions

Strayt takes safety precautions to make sure its invisible braces treatment is as safe as possible. The company ensures scanning is radiation free and aligners are BPA and phthalate free. Strayt also has strict sterilization procedures, and the company has a three-stage orthodontic review of all treatment plans.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

If you’re not satisfied with Strayt’s invisible braces treatment, you can return the aligners for a full refund. However, this needs to be done within 30 days of delivery or you will not be eligible for a refund. Also, if after your Strayt treatment you are not satisfied, the company will work with its orthodontists to create a supplemental treatment plan for you.

Price-Match Guarantee

Strayt offers a price-match guarantee. If there is an invisible braces provider that offers cheaper treatment, Strayt will match the offer. However, Strayt notes this disclaimer on its website: “Our price match promise is only valid for offers wherein the process begins with a digital scan. DIY impressions kits are inferior and so are not considered an equivalent service.”

The Bad

Average Treatment Time

Strayt has an average treatment time of six months, which is on par with most other invisible braces providers and faster than typical orthodontic treatment with traditional braces. However, some companies offer quicker treatment times, closer to three months, so Strayt isn’t the quickest in the industry.

The Bottom Line

Strayt is a trusted invisible braces provider with a six-month average treatment time, affordable pricing, and competitive discounts, such as a 30-day money-back guarantee and a price-match guarantee. The company has a trusted team of orthodontists to ensure the quality and results of your treatment. According to BestCompany reviews, customers are satisfied with the overall experience and results of Strayt aligners.

Strayt’s main competitive advantage is the company has Strayt Night Aligners™, which are aligners made specifically for night-time use so you don’t have to wear them during the day. However, this treatment process does take longer - typically around 12 months.

Message from
Strayt

Strayt is a clear aligner company that delivers on the promise of safe, effective, convenient, and affordable teeth straightening for people with mild to moderate misalignment. Strayt is founded by orthodontists and 100% orthodontist owned. And that matters. Strayt treatment plans are directed by board certified orthodontists.

Strayt goes the extra mile for its patients, literally. As with other at-home clear aligner companies, Strayt customers can start the process with an impression kit in the mail. But Strayt offers an even better option too. Strayt customers can choose to begin the process with a FREE on-site digital scan. A Strayt technician will actually come to your home (or work) to do the 15-minute scan. The scan is much easier than putty impressions and delivers more reliable results with faster turnaround times.

The discounted price of $1,400 is an incredible overall value, particularly when you consider the higher level of service with the mobile digital scan option. Retainers and 3-in-1 whitening/cleaning/breath freshening are included in the price. Strayt also has easy 12-month and 24-month payment plans with low down payments and 100% acceptance.

Strayt is a newer company, but it already has great customer service reviews.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

5.0

bookmark

Featured Review

Paul Heapy Peoria, AZ

Every aspect of my experience was awesome. Not only was the at-home scan consultation super convenient, but it gave me a chance to get my questions answered in person. The aligners arrived quickly and they fit perfectly. Most importantly, my teeth moved according to plan and the results were exactly as promised. Wearing aligners was much easier than I expected.

Reply from Strayt

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

Mar. 23rd, 2020

bookmark

Featured Review

Shelly Estes Tempe, AZ

Wonderful company to work with. Very personal and helpful. I've had some questions and have had quick responses. They are proactive and keep up with reminders and things I might be concerned about.

Reply from Strayt

Thanks Shelly for taking the time to give a review!

Brandonwgross Denver, CO

I have zero complaints about this company! I live in a converted school bus and they drove to me (while parked at the beach), and scanned my teeth quickly and professionally! My aligners showed up in the mail shortly after and the process deon there on couldn’t have been any easier! 10/10 would recommend.

Reply from Strayt

Thanks for sharing your experience Brandon. Keep smiling!

Sep. 14th, 2021

Tammy Pittman Kernersville, NC

Malcolm R is so helpful during my treatments. I love everything about Strayt and I am so happy to be doing this journey with them.

Reply from Strayt

Thanks for sharing your experience Tammy.... we're so happy that you're taking this journey with is too!

Sep. 20th, 2021

Tamara Sedman ,

Setting up the appointment was quick and easy, I just answered a few questions and was quickly contacted by a Strayt representative/technician. My appointment was arranged to be at my home, and completely at my convenience within a couple of days. The Scan Technician, Paul, arrived for the scan and was extremely efficient, professional and knowledgable about the scan technology, and the process as a whole. He did an excellent job of making me feel comfortable, so that my scan went very smooth. I am extremely excited to receive my treatment plan, and get started !

Reply from Strayt

I wish we could give patient reviews because you're a "5 star" patient for sure. Thanks for being awesome, and thanks for the review!

Feb. 19th, 2021

David Brown Pomona, CA

My experience so far has been very positive. I sent in my imprints and got my aligners within a couple of weeks. I had a minor issue at the beginning, but Paul came from Arizona to So Cal to get it resolved. Definitely above and beyond. The first couple of days there was some pain where the edges of the aligners irritated my tongue and cheeks. Paul said it was normal would go away soon as my mouth got used to them. Sure enough, he was correct. The Strayt team has been proactive in tracking my progress and reminding me when aligners need to be changed. Not many companies stay in touch once they have your money, so I am especially pleased about this. I’m only on my 5th week, so the final result is yet to be seen. Based on my experience so far I will definitely recommend Strayt to anyone interested.

Reply from Strayt

Thanks David. Impression kits can be a little hit-or-miss if you haven't done them before (or even if you have). We were thrilled to 'go the extra mile' to do a scan for you. Our scan technician said you have an AWESOME motorcycle shop there in Pomona... so a shout out to Brown Motor Works in Pomona, CA.

RBroderick Avondale, AZ

If you need teeth adjustments, Strayt is where you go. The scan was was quick and simple and the price of Strayt is comparatively quite low. You get all your aligners in a single box after you make one payment. 10/10 would recommend!

Reply from Strayt

Thank you for the recommendation!

Mar. 31st, 2021

Kristen Houston, TX

The entire process was very easy. My account manager, Paul is the best! Any questions that I have are answered promptly. I’m in Texas and they’ve onboarded tele-dentists for the state! The Aligners are very comfortable. If you loose a pair they will send you a replacement pair at no cost. You even get a tooth whitening kit to wear while you get that pretty smile. A definite one stop shop.

Reply from Strayt

Thanks Kristen for taking the time to leave a review. We understand that accidents happen and we love opportunities to take care of our patients!

Robin Tucson, AZ

This is a great company to work with! I compared prices with an orthodontist and also with Invisalign and Strayt is about a third of the price! The rep came to my home for the initial exam which only took about 15 minutes and was completely painless. I received excellent follow up and my aligners arrived last week. The whole procedure is super simple and the instructions are very clear. Strayt will send me an email when it’s time to switch over to the next step in the process. I have everything I need and I am super excited to have straight teeth again!!

Reply from Strayt

Thanks Robin for taking advantage of the free mobile scanning service and for taking the time to leave this review. We can't wait to see your results!

Nov. 13th, 2020

Shandel Mesa, AZ

I’m sooooo happy with this company! You wouldn’t believe how easy and personable the experience was. My rep. Paul came to my home, scanned my teeth, then they showed up in the mail pretty quickly after. He then would text me reminders when to change out to the next one. My crazy huge gap is closed and I’m getting ready for my wedding pictures without being embarrassed. I would recommend using this company for any one. It was a million times better than braces (yes I had them a few years ago). Also I never do reviews, but I just had too! I am more of a word of mouth person. I have told all my friends 😁🦷🥰

Reply from Strayt

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review Shandel (particularly because you 'never' do reviews!). Best wishes for your special day.

Jun. 8th, 2020

Dan Pratt Mesa, AZ

Amazing experience with amazing results! I’ve never had braces as a youth, and I’ve always wanted to close the large gap I’ve had my whole life between my two front teeth, but who wants to get braces as an adult and look like an awkward teenager? When I heard about Strayt and how I could get thin aligners to fix my teeth without even setting foot in an office, I thought, why not? Paul was the tech who came into my home and in a matter of minutes he very professionally scanned my teeth. In a few days I received my assessment complete with 3D images of what my teeth would look like during each 2 week phase. The quoted price was much lower than other solutions. My aligners were mailed directly to me with everything that I needed to have a successful experience. I’ve been super impressed and my teeth turned out great! Thank you to the great team at Strayt!

Reply from Strayt

Wow! Thanks Dan for taking the time to write such a thorough review. For anyone in the Phoenix area reading this review, Dan's locally-owned pet store "Pratt's Pets" has locations throughout the valley. They have best selection and value and the most knowledgeable and friendly staff you'll ever meet!

Praveen Mishra ,

Their mobile scan units are safe, super easy to book, and a unique concept that I can see achieving greater heights. The process took longer than I expected but I was kept informed all along the way.

Reply from Strayt

Thanks Praveen for taking the time to leave a review. It's true that COVID-19 has slowed turnaround in the lab a little bit, but at least our fully-digitized workflow when you start the process with a scan is a WAY faster than having to send impressions in the mail.

Kim Leach Surprise, AZ

I’ve been wanting to straighten my teeth for many years but didn’t want to do braces. With only four of six months to go with my Strayt treatment, I am very satisfied. I change to a new aligner set every two weeks. They are a little tight for the first day or so but that’s to be expected. My teeth are already looking so much better. I am so happy I chose Strayt. The rep was very professional and helpful. I even get reminders from him when it’s time to change to a new set of aligners! This is the best money I’ve ever spent on myself.

Reply from Strayt

Thanks Kim for taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to seeing your progress pictures at your 90 day check-in.

Apr. 21st, 2020

brianne peterson Henderson, NV

Scheduling the scan was so simple and they were able to come within just a few days. The scan process is easy and comfortable and the treatment plan takes just a few days. The best experience I’ve had compared to other ship-to-home aligner processes!

Reply from Strayt

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Brianne. Congratulations on your engagement and best wishes to you and your fiancee for the upcoming wedding!

Jun. 22nd, 2020

Mr. Tanner Phoenix, AZ

If you are on the fence about the home test kit or having someone come to your house to scan your teeth, choose the scan. The impression kit proved challenging. The scan took about 15 minutes, the strayt employee was great.

Reply from Strayt

Thanks for the review Mr. Tanner. That's some good advice. Scans are easier, more reliable, and they expedite the treatment planning versus impressions kits.

Jun. 10th, 2020

Morgan Moskowitz Las Vegas, NV

Came to me in my tractor trailer just to get my teeth scanned. Excellent customer service. Have had a satisfactory response time and more than adequate, helpful, and knowledgeable customer service.

Reply from Strayt

Thanks Morgan for taking the time to give a review. And thanks for your work in keeping our communities supplied with essentials during this pandemic!

R. Broderick Avondale, AZ

Promt service. Educated personnel. Friendly interactions. A++!!!

Reply from Strayt

Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

Mar. 31st, 2021

Ana rosa Gonzalez Magdaleno Riverside, CA

The guy was awesome and didn't take long at all

Reply from Strayt

Thanks Ana for taking the time to leave a review of your scan experience. We can't wait to see your progress.

Feb. 19th, 2021