AlignerCo Logo

AlignerCo

7.1

AlignerCo is a fast-growing invisible aligners company based in New York. You purchase an impression kit from the company and send your teeth impressions back to AlignerCo where the company will use its team of orthodontists to create a customized treatment plan for you. The length of treatment ranges from 6 to 11 months and is a less expensive teeth straightening alternative to traditional orthodontic treatment with metal braces.

Go Directly to AlignerCo Customer Reviews

The Good

• Affordable Impression Kit
  • Video Call Available
  • No Down Payment Option
  • Competitive One-Time Payment
  • 100% Smile Guarantee
  • Accepts HSA and FSA
  • Refer-a-Friend Cash Offer

Affordable Impression Kit

AlignerCo has a cheaper impression kit than most of the leading invisible braces brands that charge close to $100. AlignerCo’s impression kit is priced at $39.99, making it one of the most affordable kits on the market. The impression kit is the first step of every clear aligners treatment.

Video Call Available

AlignerCo allows customers to schedule a video call with one of its smile specialists for free if additional guidance is needed when completing the teeth impressions. The company has a form on its website where you can request the video call, a unique offering that not many other invisible braces companies provide.

Though this option isn’t quite the same as meeting with an orthodontist to fit braces, the company still seeks to provide great customer service for a product that is completed at home. It’s essential that each retainer fit well, so it’s nice that the company can provide help with the initial dental impression kit and help each patient have the best experience possible.

No Down Payment Option

AlignerCo has three payment options you can choose from. The first payment plan is AlignerCo's Smile Advantage plan that is a one-time upfront payment of $1,145. This plan requires no down payment and will be a one-time payment you never have to make again. For the other two plans, AlignerCo offers two different installment options: The Smile Flex plan that is 12 monthly payments of $110 with no down payment (totaling $1,320 and powered by Splitit, which is limited to Visa & MasterCard credit) or the Smile Flex Easy plan that is 11 monthly payments of $95 with a $275 down payment (totaling $1,320 and all major payment forms are accepted).

Competitive One-Time Payment

Typically, invisible braces providers will offer multiple payment options, one being a monthly installment plan and the other being a one-time upfront payment. AlignerCo’s one-time upfront payment is cheaper than many of its competitors. With no down payment, you will pay $1,145 for your entire AlignerCo clear aligner treatment. Other companies charge closer to $2,000.

100% Smile Guarantee

Not everyone is eligible for a straighter smile with clear braces. For certain bite issues or severe teeth misalignment, traditional braces through a dentist or orthodontist are often necessary. If you purchase an impression kit from AlignerCo and are not a good candidate for its invisible braces, the company will refund 100 percent of your money.

On the other hand, if you go through the treatment following all guidelines and aren’t happy with the results, the AlignerCo team will reevaluate your smile results. If your reevaluation is approved, Alignerco may give you additional aligners to make any necessary corrections. If you don’t qualify for additional clear aligners but would still like straighter teeth for any reason, you may request a refinement for $200.

Accepts HSA and FSA

AlignerCo allows customers to pay for treatment with their Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account. If you don’t currently have the physical card for either of these accounts, AlignerCo will give you a receipt for reimbursement. You can also use two payment methods if you don’t have enough money solely in your FSA or HSA account to pay for treatment.

Refer-a-Friend Cash Offer

If you refer a friend that wants a straighter smile to AlignerCo, the company will give your friend $100 off the Smile Advantage Plan, and you will receive $100 in cash. A customer can receive their own invitation link to send to a friend, and when that friend buys directly from that link, they will receive the discount.

The Bad

• Higher Monthly Payment
  • Lengthy Treatment Time

High Monthly Payment

Leading invisible braces providers typically charge around $80 for their monthly installment fees. AlignerCo charges customers $110 or $95 per month, depending on which plan you choose, which is a bit more expensive than some competitors. However, AlignerCo only requires 12 payments of $110 or 11 payments of $95, both totaling $1,320 (the $95 per month plan requires a $275 down payment). Other companies require at least 24 monthly payments, making their treatment more expensive, even if they’re only charging an $80 monthly fee.

If you don’t mind a higher monthly payment and ultimately want to save money, AlignerCo is still an affordable option. You also still have the option to opt for the one-time upfront payment of $1,145 if you prefer.

Lengthy Treatment Time

AlignerCo has a lengthier treatment time than most of its competitors. One of the top invisible braces providers, byte, has an average treatment time of 3 months, while the average AlignerCo treatment time ranges from 6 to 11 months. Though this time is longer than some other competitors, it’s still a shorter average treatment time than traditional braces.

Customers can also choose the NightOnly Clear Aligners plan and wear aligners for 8-10 hours. This method increases the treatment time to 8 to 12 months.

The Bottom Line

AlignerCo is a competitive provider on the market with an affordable overall upfront cost, a no down payment option, and a 100 percent smile guarantee. However, the company does have a higher monthly fee and a lengthier treatment time than most leading invisible braces providers.

If you don’t mind a higher monthly fee in exchange for a cheaper overall cost, AlignerCo may be a reasonable option for you. There is also an option to pay the full price up front, which often costs less than the monthly payment. Customers can refer a friend to receive $100 in cash as well. The company accepts HSA and FSA and will give refunds if a customer doesn’t qualify for treatment. Many AlignerCo reviews are positive and cite the overall low cost, good customer support, including that the impression kit is also the least expensive among most clear aligner companies.

Message from
AlignerCo

AlignerCo offers millions of people across the United States a fantastic solution to get their smiles and confidence back without having to break the bank with their set of invisible aligners. Described as “the world’s clearest aligners,” the product is designed to be virtually invisible, allowing users to achieve straighter teeth with no unnecessary expenses or concerns about their looks. AlignerCo offers direct to customer clear aligners treatment at a fraction of the price of traditional braces, all from the comfort of your home. It starts with an Impression Kit delivered to your home (ordered at $19.99 or Free with the entire treatment plan of $1,095.00). This helps you make the molds of your teeth that help create a treatment plan. This treatment plan is created and monitored remotely by an orthodontist, which cuts your visits to their office. AlignerCo believes in making teeth straightening affordable. While a relatively new company in the clear braces space, AlignerCo has had the fortune to be a fast growing aligner company with its very no frills, easy-to-obtain approach.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

Melissa Santiago Mesa, AZ

I can't even remember how I found AlignerCo, because it's been so long since I have been dealing with them. I contacted them because I wanted to get my husband aligners for his birthday. He had been self conscious about his gap, so I thought he'd like this as a gift. I made the purchase in Feb 2020. What they do NOT tell you, is yes, they are based in NY, but EVERYTHING is produced overseas (which is why the cost is so low). I think NY address is just a warehousing hub, because the person I am dealing with now is in Canada, and the other person was who knows where. The downside of the cost being so low, is that they take eons to answer emails, then take weeks and weeks (this is not even an exaggeration) to get literally ANYTHING to you. As previously mentioned, I started this process over a year ago. My husbands process should have been about 8 months (7 for the upper). Paying for the aligners wasn't a problem, neither was setting up an account or watching the money disappear from my bank account. When I hadn't heard anything in a few days, I called. The same person that was assigned to me, answered the phone. She said she would check the status and call me back. She did not. Instead, she emailed me 2 days later. I get the impression kit in the mail and we follow the directions. We send photos of the impressions and they're not approved. We do this 2 more times. Only AFTER we wait well over a month (we are now in May, I purchased end of February) to meet with a dentist, we realized the clay goes over the top of the impression tray, not up to the edge as the images depict. Up next is one set of fabricated aligners. The back tooth is included, and it hurts my husbands mouth. They say they will omit the last tooth on the alignment because it's his molar and it will not shift anyway. They send the first 5 of 16 trays and say they want us to test those before they produce the others to ensure they fit properly and are comfortable. These 5 did not inclide the last tooth as requested. After my husband finishes step 2, they say they will produce the rest. They arrive just over a week later than they were supposed to, so my husband had to wear step 5 for 3.5 weeks. Steps 6-16 for the top, and 6-18 for the bottom had the last tooth molded onto the aligners. Of course, I emailed them back and tell them they were not like this for steps 1-5, and we need them removed. Ele tells us to keep one set, try to use a nail file to reduce the length, and she will send us a FedEx label to return the rest to get fixed. Weeks and weeks pass and I am getting excuse after excuse about the aligners. I do not understand what on earth is taking so long, the aligners were already fabricated- they just needed to be trimmed. A manager finally responds and says he will take care of it, and will refund me $100 for the troubles (which now they're offering $200 off so that did nothing in hindsight). He goes radio silent for a week and finally tells me when the adjusted aligners will ship. They shipped 2 days after that, but whatever. I now have someone named Alice because I didn't want to deal with Ele anymore. Instead of responding to emails of status, she would just ignore me because she "didn't have any answers to give me." Steps 6-16 go fine. Steps 17 & 18 are for the lowers, so my husband has to wear the retainers for the uppers. Now the uppers don't fit! The back of the retainer is hanging down and does not snug my husbands teeth. They're also too tall on one side and jamming into his gums, and then only covering 3/4 of his teeth on the other side. So I emailed Alice (over a month ago now) and give her updated photos and explain about the retainer. She tells me that she will order a new retainer, and to continue to wear step 16 instead of the retainer for the upper. Last week I sent photos of the final step (step 18), and ask where the retainers are. She tells me they are in the final stages of production, and should arrive shortly. A week passes and Alice emails me to tell me that they need new impressions to create a new retainer... What! Why was I not told this a month ago?? How can something be in final stages of production before you sit there and ask me for something like this? This should have been asked for from the beginning. She gives me some cockamamie excuse and tells me the clay will be sent out in 2-3 days. On the third day (today) when the clay should have already shipped, she emails me to tell me she will rush production (3 WEEKS!!!!!!) once the molds are received. But this is NOT a 3 week process. We have to add in the time it takes until they ship the clay which they hadn't done yet, (and they wanted to waste even more time to do a video session), then wait for the impressions to be returned, THEN they send it overseas, and THEN the 3 week process will start! Get out of here!!! For $200 I can get retainers done locally and these people can go kick rocks. I'm SO over them!

Shannon Garden Grove, CA

Horrible Company and a Waste of $1100. I had a minor adjustment needed to my front right tooth and their Aligners did not move my tooth as promised. When I called to ask them to send more Aligners they said I would have to pay an additional $200. Their Aligners were not intended to fix my tooth. The Aligners were not tight and my final retainers fit my teeth as is without my front tooth adjusted. Super sketch. It was intended to push the treatment as long as possible and require more payments to get the job done. I couldn’t imagine someone with extensive work needed if they couldn’t handle a minor adjustment. Makes me think it’s all a plan to get more money out of me. It makes sense now why their Aligners are so much cheaper than others on the market. Not only did they not provide the desired treatment they promised but their customer service was rude, condescending and unhelpful. I asked to speak to the manager after a very rude customer service guy refused to help me and he would not put me through to a manager and just kept yelling at me. He said a manager would call me back. Needless to say I never received a call back. A couple of my friends had warned me about this company but I figured I had such a small adjustment needed and didn’t want to spend a lot of money so I would take the risk. Now I’m $1200 in the whole from the retainers as well as an additional $1000 for a new permanent retainer for my bottom teeth (since they required me to get a mold of my bottom teeth even though I said I didn’t need my bottom teeth fixed) and it broke. I WARN YOU DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THIS COMPANY!

Noelle San Antonio, TX

This has been a good experience for me . I’m seeing my teeth straighten before my eyes . I have a couple months left and I’m quite excited to see the final results . Most affordable that I could find . 😊

OL3ARiUS Denton, TX

I gotta say, at first I was excited. The impression kit was shipped and I was able to to track it to my door. Now making the impressions is a bit intimidating because you don't really have the the luxury of trial and error so you better get them right. Your future smile literally depends on them. After using all of the putty, I was given the green light to send what I had back to them so that they could begin fabricating the molds and they let me know that if and when they receive them, if they are deemed unworkable I would have to repeat the process over. I crossed my fingers. Next thing I know I'm told they are good but first I have to approve this time lapse 3D model of my treatment plan first. I gotta tell ya, after seeing that 3D scan of my aligners and the future movement of my teeth I was more than a little skeptical. To me the layout looked nothing like my teeth and it worried me, fearing that I had screwed up my impressions. I signed off anyway. The trays were then fabricated and about 3 weeks later the entire 20 week treatment plan is at my door. I opened the box, found the step one aligners and briefly examined them. I then popped them in and was pleasantly surprised at how friggin perfect they fit. They were a little tight at first but it was a good tight, an oh yeah I'm definitely working kinda tight (get your mind outta the gutter). The 22 hours a day is kind of a drag but a small price to pay in my opinion. I'm really glad I gave this new up and coming company a chance because so far I'm beyond impressed

Matthew Hennebury Ottawa, ON

super slow, with lots of excuses and empty promises. If you want to start fixing your teeth this year.. don't bother. It's been 2 weeks since I made payment, and still haven't received the tracking information for the impression kit. I keep asking customer service, and they keep telling me the same excuse every day.

Mary Chattanooga, TN

Very good customer service and happy with the aligners and progress so far

Katelyn Harrison Midland, NC

At this point I haven't been very happy with the service, my first set of impressions never arrived. I then had a second set sent out, after disputing the whole issue of never recovering them. Made my impressions and they were fine with the pictures I sent and now they are saying they are non workable. They have sent another set to try and get another more impressions. At this point when I send these back if they don't work, I will probably ask for a refund due to the time and issues.

Jae Clifton, NJ

Great service and my Aligner's working good so far.

Tiara Uniondale, NY

They have been amazing from the very start if my journey. They genuinely went above and beyond to make sure i was satisfied. They continuously check on the status of my treatment and they answer every question i have in 24 hours or less. I think they beat out every other aligner company in price and customer service!

Trey Gainesville, FL

Great experience, very attentive company to be remote.

Jamie Lynch

fit good and are convenient, no one even notices them

Austin Ksoll Rochester, MI

Very good customer service as well as a very smooth process.

Marissa M. Del Valle, TX

The experience with AlignerCo has been a breeze. I am now on step 4 and have noticed a huge difference in my teeth. I am so happy I choose AlignerCo.

Anne Williamson Dallas, TX

Although I haven't received my aligners yet, I have already had an amazing experience with Aligner Co. From the ease of ordering the impression kit to the impression taking process it has really been a pleasant experience so far. I can even live chat for help anytime I need it. Aligner Co customer support has helped me a lot with my impressions. They're attentive, friendly, and follow-up when they say they will. I'm super pleased to get my teeth alignment done by Aligner Co.

nana

Responsible customer service and great product. It's the cheapest aligner in market so definitely worth to consider them.

Toby Obodoechine Smyrna, GA

So far so good I'm on my 4th set off aligners. They are always quick to resolve any issues. And I love the new payment partner it's very easy to navigate.

Sara Hafner Hilton, NY

The process was very easy and they provide support, if you need it, every step of the process.

Mindy Wilson Ellwood City, PA

Best price for clear aligners, very helpful customer service

Angie Wilson Spring Hill, TN

This is a great price for a great product and they give wonderful customer service. They promptly respond to emails and answered all of my questions.

Felipe Brooklyn, NY

AlignerCo is a company that treats their customers with great attention and provides a detailed, friendly customer experience. They are excellent to deal with!

Jennifer DeAlba Angleton, TX

The smile specialist is there for you at every step to answer all questions you may have.

Jeremy Musni Las Vegas, NV

Quick to answer, remind us to send pics of our teeth

Julie Denham Springs, LA

Customer service has been amazing! They are very detailed in each email and always communicate efficiently.

Magdi W. Westland, MI

Alignerco has excellent customer service. My specialist has been in contact with me every step of the way.

Maggie Orwigsburg, PA

AlignerCo is a great company if you want aligners at a discount. They're not as high tech as other companies, but their customer service is responsive, they get the job done, and you can't beat the price.

Matt Manhattan Beach, CA

Very easy and quick, helpful customer service

Amber Jordan San Jose, CA

Thank you alignerco, I cannot express how professional my smile specialist was, she guided me throughout my treatment, and she has always replied my emails promptly, I don’t have to wait for days to get a reply of my email, she always replied to my emails on the same day . I appreciate their professional behavior.

Payal Jhaveri Hicksville, NY

It has literally been a walk in the clouds! Initially, the impressions I took did not work out but the Smile Specialist walked me through it and after two attempts, I got it. Of course, I am far from the completion of my treatment but I am excited for the final results. Very impressed by their communication and patience.

Aliya Jericho, NY

Aligner co is awesome it was less expensive than going through an orthodontist, it took 9 months to straighten my teeth their Aligners are very comfortable and clear overall I had an excellent experience from start till I completed my treatment I already recommended my friends and they already got a plan

ankita worlikar Jericho, NY

Aligner Co does exactly what it says they will do. The whole process was smooth from start to finish. I am glad I chose Aligner Co.

ketak dhiman Brooklyn, NY

Loved it! Been using them for a while and finally started to see the difference. I would suggest have patience and watch you teeth getting in better shape.

hammad alam Hicksville, NY

I am very happy that I contacted them in the first place, excellent service and customer care. Very satisfied by the price and the product, already feeling the difference.

Talat Azeem Huntington, NY

Used their product for my son. I am very satisfied with the quality of product and result.

Somi Bellmore, NY

AlignerCo team are very professional I got the impression kit well on time the treatment plan explained everything step by step . The aligners were easy and Crystal clear nobody even tell that I am wearing the Aligner I am few steps away to complete my full treatment and I can already see a big difference With there excellent service I will highly recommend AlignerCo