Zander ID Protection

Zander ID Protection

Zander Insurance Group was founded over 80 years ago and provides coverage for life, health, automobile, homeowners, and more. In 2010, Zander partnered with ID Experts to offer basic identity theft protection services to customers.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 7.9 8.0 Read Review
#2 6.6 9.0 Read Review
#3 6.2 1.9 Read Review
#10 5.6 6.7 Current

The Good

• Low Price
  • Exceptional Expense Protection
  • 36-month Follow-up

Low Price

Zander offers full-service identity theft solutions for affordable prices. The company's individual plans cost $6.75 per month, while family plans cost $12.90 per month. This price covers all basic protection and restoration services.

Exceptional Expense Protection

In the unfortunate event of identity theft, Zander's expense protection covers stolen funds, refiling applications for loans and other related expenses, legal fees, and lost wages of up to $7,500 per week for four weeks. Zander covers these costs with a $1 million identity theft insurance policy that has zero deductible.

36-Month Follow-Up

As part of its recovery services, Zander follows up on resolved cases for 36 months to ensure that the customer experienced a full recovery.

The Bad

• No Credit Monitoring
  • 60 Days to Report an Incident

No Credit Monitoring

Zander does not offer credit monitoring and states that the service, which is provided by most identity theft protection companies, provides minimal benefit at an additional cost. Instead, Zander recommends customers check credit reports on their own through AnnualCreditReport.com.

60 Days to Report an Incident

Zander only gives customers 60 days to report an identity theft incident and be eligible for recovery benefits, while many other companies in the industry offer at least 90 days.

Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

Zander offers identity protection plans at low prices. The company provides great recovery services and a $1 million insurance policy, but does not offer credit monitoring.

View Top Rated Companies

10 Zander ID Protection Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

September 11th, 2017 Cranston, RI

I have finally spoken to zander and the representative was extremely helpful and has rectified the situation which I had been attempting to resolve for the last 4 days. extreme conditions, the Equifax breach and the call center in the hurricane, have caused considerably long wait times. I am satisfied with the resolution.

6 0

September 8th, 2017 Roslyn Heights, NY

The voice mail system is 1980's with no on hold estimate information or call back option and zen music. Beeping noise constantly chimes in. Been on hold for 20 minutes so far. When a customer's in an urgent situation this isn't what they need.

5 1

March 20th, 2017 Evanston, WY

Zander sucks. I had my id, phone, and a credit card stolen in Hawaii, and I couldn't get a hold of them - I was told that I would be on hold for 20-30 minutes or I could leave my number and they would call me back and I wouldn't lose my place in line. I left my number and they called a day later, while I was still in Hawaii and left a message. Then I called again and this time I stayed on the phone after the same spiel of 20-30 minute wait. I put my phone on speaker and waited for over ONE HOUR. So I left my name again, and sent them an email telling them I thought they were a scam. I received a call over a day later on my cell phone and I didn't answer because I didn't recognize the number. Finally, a week later, my husband called and cancelled. They didn't even ask for verification of who he was or anything like that. WAST OF TIME AND MONEY.

15 0

March 2nd, 2017 Howell, NJ

I'm not sure if this was published before or after the very recent changes to Zander ID Protection. New benefits were added. So, here they are: New membership benefits include: Personal Information Monitoring - a proactive step to detect the illegal buying and selling of your personal information on the internet. Social Security Number Monitoring - provides a report with all names and aliases associated with your SSN, and notifies you if a new one is added. Change of Address Monitoring - allows us to monitor requests for your mail to be rerouted through the United States Postal Service. Email Alerts - when your personal information is at risk, or a monthly All Clear notification. Lost Wallet Protection - offers you peace of mind if your wallet or purse is lost or stolen. Simply call and speak with a Recovery Specialist and they will begin the process of cancelling any debit or credit cards that are missing. 24/7/365 Customer and Recovery - support available by phone. Improved Online Account Access - easy access through your cell phone or tablet. $1 Million Reimbursement with Stolen Funds coverage I only called customer service once, several years ago, and was not overly impressed.

13 0

January 6th, 2017 Pittsfield, IL

Customer service is terrible. Their computer systems are down now and they can't make ANY changes to your account for another 8 days. 8 DAYS!!! Customer service assured me that it wouldn't affect my account, but refused to take any checks. They informed me that the only way to pay the account was with a credit card!!! DO NOT BUY ZANDER INSURANCE!!!

5 0

October 28th, 2016

Dave Ramsey is right. The coverage is impressive. The Family plan is superior to 2 separate LifeLock plans. I'm very satisfied

4 2

September 17th, 2016 San Antonio, TX

For the price it really can't be beat. I feel very secure with Zander's family plan. We had a scare a couple months ago, but Zander gave me the peace of mind I needed. We check our credit reports on our own anyway, so I'm not very concerned about that. It definitely helps that Dave Ramsey endorses it.

3 1

September 10th, 2016 Orlando, FL

I am shopping for identify theft protection and heard about Zander from Dave Ramsey's show. The information provided in this website assisted in my understanding of what Zander offers and how it compares with other identify theft programs. Very helpful resource.

0 3

September 3rd, 2016 Columbia City, IN

I have been very pleased with this protection as I do not want to pay for Credit Bureau monitoring given I can pull my reports for free annually. Also $1M coverage is amazing.

1 1

July 31st, 2015 Elephant Butte, NM

I have been a member for over three years and am very satisfied with their service/people.

5 0