Zander ID Protection

Zander ID Protection Logo

Zander ID Protection

Identity theft protection starting at $6.75 per month

Zander Insurance Group was founded over 80 years ago and provides coverage for life, health, automobile, homeowners, and more. In 2010, Zander partnered with ID Experts to offer basic identity theft protection services to customers.

The Good

• Low Price
  • Exceptional Expense Protection
  • 36-month Follow-up

Low Price

Zander offers full-service identity theft solutions for affordable prices. The company's individual plans cost $6.75 per month, while family plans cost $12.90 per month. This price covers all basic protection and restoration services.

Exceptional Expense Protection

In the unfortunate event of identity theft, Zander's expense protection covers stolen funds, refiling applications for loans and other related expenses, legal fees, and lost wages of up to $7,500 per week for four weeks. Zander covers these costs with a $1 million identity theft insurance policy that has zero deductible.

36-Month Follow-Up

As part of its recovery services, Zander follows up on resolved cases for 36 months to ensure that the customer experienced a full recovery.

The Bad

No Credit Monitoring

Zander does not offer credit monitoring and states that the service, which is provided by most identity theft protection companies, provides minimal benefit at an additional cost. Instead, Zander recommends customers check credit reports on their own through AnnualCreditReport.com.

Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

Zander offers identity protection plans at low prices. The company provides great recovery services and a $1 million insurance policy, but does not offer credit monitoring.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

2.9

Woody Kaye
February 8th, 2018 DETAILS

After posting the review below I finally connected with 2 customer service reps and a manger who were apologetic and showed appropriate empathy and then responded clearly to the issue we initially called about. I was very impressed. I also have a better understanding of how they stack up against LifeLock and will stick with them.

Michael Rathge
November 7th, 2017 Adams, TN DETAILS

I've had Zander ID theft protection since 2013 and have never needed to use their recovery services or speak to anyone in Customer Care. I'm writing this review in hopes that you will correct your false description to reflect the fact that Zander now does monitoring at no additional cost, making their coverage an even better bargain than it used to be. Your site would be more valuable to consumers if the information on it was accurate.

Jeff
November 6th, 2017 Oak Creek, WI DETAILS

The one star reviews need to have patience when dealing with them. They will call you back and they will explain everything to you. Just relax they are liable for everything if something happens. Keep up the GREAT work guys. I am a new customer and have been taken care of by them. Trust the process and believe that hey have your back!!

Brenda
October 18th, 2017

The customer service for getting a refund is terrible. I had an issue that required my original account to be closed and had to open a new account. I had already paid the yearly fee for the original account but had to pay a second yearly fee with the assurance that the fee would immediately be refunded to my credit card. No refund has been issued despite my repeated calls for over a month. Each time I call I have to wait for nearly 2 hours for someone to actual come on the line. I keep being told that they are sending my problem a higher authority for this problem and that someone would be calling me to follow up on this issue . So far, no phone call and no refund. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! They are liars!

Maureen Mourao
October 18th, 2017 New York, NY

I have been with Zander Insurance since 2010. I have never had any issues with their customer service, and never experienced extended wait times to reach a customer service representative. I read through some of the negative reviews that were posted in 2017; however, folks need to keep in mind that these complaints were posted right around the same time as all of the hurricane activity and Equifax data breach. I think they got swamped by all of the calls they have been receiving. I think for the price and product, they offer a great deal to the consumer. I think all Zander really needs to do is hire more people to handle the increased call volume.

Jacob
October 16th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

Horrible company. Product is not what they promised and when I tried to cancel they did not respond or answer my emails. WASTE OF MONEY. DO NOT BUY!

Scott Watts
October 13th, 2017

I signed up yesterday, paid for a full year, and today cannot log on to my account. I get an error that I need to call customer service. Have called twice and had to hang up due to long hold times, and now am on hold for right at 15mins as I write this review (still on hold). Purchased solely because of Dave Ramsey endorsement. I am about to simply dispute charge with my credit card company, and let Zander deal with them. Will never purchase based on a Dave Ramsey endorsement again! How can he put his name on a company with such poor customer service. Don't give me excuses about increased call volume due to breaches from other agencies. Answer the phone! They must be making paying him big bucks for his endorsement! What a joke and waste of $150.00!

Rebecca
October 6th, 2017 Avant, OK

I've called multiple times over the last month and have never gotten through unless I lie and say that I'm a new customer wanting to sign up for insurance. Also, they do not call back or respond to emails. If I do get my identity stolen I don't have much confidence that I will ever be able to get anyone on the phone or email. I've had their insurance for over a year now and am shopping for something else. Dave Ramsey should quit endorsing this company.

Clydette
September 29th, 2017 Long Beach, CA

Trying to get a hold of this company is maddening, I was on hold 45 minutes yesterday and today trying one last time before cancelling. I read all the other reviews, they really need to change the recording, it has beeps and annoying music, NOT soothing at all.

gary
September 26th, 2017 Gainesville, GA

The website promises 24/7/365 access to a certified specialist. What you get is being put on hold during normal business hours. The other 16 hours Monday-Friday and 24/7 Saturday and Sunday is an answering service. I have being trying to speak to a Zander employee for a week without any luck. I have left repeated messages on the company number, answering service and sent emails. All I have gotten was a email on Sunday stating they would call me which they did one time while I was at lunch a week after my first message. Their message to me was to call them back. Not what I thought I have been paying for.

donna
September 12th, 2017 Cranston, RI

I have finally spoken to zander and the representative was extremely helpful and has rectified the situation which I had been attempting to resolve for the last 4 days. extreme conditions, the Equifax breach and the call center in the hurricane, have caused considerably long wait times. I am satisfied with the resolution.

Angie Lambert
March 21st, 2017 Evanston, WY

Zander sucks. I had my id, phone, and a credit card stolen in Hawaii, and I couldn't get a hold of them - I was told that I would be on hold for 20-30 minutes or I could leave my number and they would call me back and I wouldn't lose my place in line. I left my number and they called a day later, while I was still in Hawaii and left a message. Then I called again and this time I stayed on the phone after the same spiel of 20-30 minute wait. I put my phone on speaker and waited for over ONE HOUR. So I left my name again, and sent them an email telling them I thought they were a scam. I received a call over a day later on my cell phone and I didn't answer because I didn't recognize the number. Finally, a week later, my husband called and cancelled. They didn't even ask for verification of who he was or anything like that. WAST OF TIME AND MONEY.

Barbara Dyjak
March 2nd, 2017 Howell, NJ

I'm not sure if this was published before or after the very recent changes to Zander ID Protection. New benefits were added. So, here they are: New membership benefits include: Personal Information Monitoring - a proactive step to detect the illegal buying and selling of your personal information on the internet. Social Security Number Monitoring - provides a report with all names and aliases associated with your SSN, and notifies you if a new one is added. Change of Address Monitoring - allows us to monitor requests for your mail to be rerouted through the United States Postal Service. Email Alerts - when your personal information is at risk, or a monthly All Clear notification. Lost Wallet Protection - offers you peace of mind if your wallet or purse is lost or stolen. Simply call and speak with a Recovery Specialist and they will begin the process of cancelling any debit or credit cards that are missing. 24/7/365 Customer and Recovery - support available by phone. Improved Online Account Access - easy access through your cell phone or tablet. $1 Million Reimbursement with Stolen Funds coverage I only called customer service once, several years ago, and was not overly impressed.

James
January 9th, 2017 Pittsfield, IL

Customer service is terrible. Their computer systems are down now and they can't make ANY changes to your account for another 8 days. 8 DAYS!!! Customer service assured me that it wouldn't affect my account, but refused to take any checks. They informed me that the only way to pay the account was with a credit card!!! DO NOT BUY ZANDER INSURANCE!!!

C B Seibert
November 11th, 2016

Dave Ramsey is right. The coverage is impressive. The Family plan is superior to 2 separate LifeLock plans. I'm very satisfied

Stephanie
September 17th, 2016 San Antonio, TX

For the price it really can't be beat. I feel very secure with Zander's family plan. We had a scare a couple months ago, but Zander gave me the peace of mind I needed. We check our credit reports on our own anyway, so I'm not very concerned about that. It definitely helps that Dave Ramsey endorses it.

B Morales
September 10th, 2016 Orlando, FL

I am shopping for identify theft protection and heard about Zander from Dave Ramsey's show. The information provided in this website assisted in my understanding of what Zander offers and how it compares with other identify theft programs. Very helpful resource.

Annette Morris
September 26th, 2016 Columbia City, IN

I have been very pleased with this protection as I do not want to pay for Credit Bureau monitoring given I can pull my reports for free annually. Also $1M coverage is amazing.

Rick Harrison
August 3rd, 2015 Elephant Butte, NM

I have been a member for over three years and am very satisfied with their service/people.