Zander ID Protection

5.5

Zander ID Protection

verified
Identity theft protection starting at $6.75 per month

Zander Insurance Group was founded in 1925 and provides coverage for life, health, automobile, homeowners, and more. In 2010, Zander partnered with ID Experts to offer identity theft protection services to customers. Zander identity theft services protect against a variety of identity theft types including financial fraud, medical identity theft, tax fraud, criminal identity theft, social security identity fraud, child identity theft, benefits and employment fraud, and title fraud.

The company's identity theft program was customized by Dave Ramsey and designed to provide optimal protection without wasting money on services that could be self-administered. Zander identity theft plan offers personal information monitoring, unlimited restoration and recovery, free child protection on the family plan, and much more.

The Good

• Variety of Services
  • Affordable Prices
  • Exceptional Expense Protection

Variety of Services

Zander provides a variety of identity theft protection services. These services include covering all types of identity theft, personal information monitoring, social security number monitoring, change of address monitoring, court records monitoring, data breach updates, around-the-clock customers support and recovery services, unlimited restoration services, $1 million in stolen funds and expense reimbursement, lost wallet protection, free credit report monitoring reminders, and child identity theft protection.

Affordable Prices

Zander offers full-service identity theft solutions for affordable prices. The company's individual plans cost $6.75 per month or $75 per year, while family plans cost $12.90 per month or $145 per year. This price covers all basic identity protection and restoration services.

Exceptional Expense Protection

In the unfortunate event that customers become victims of identity theft, Zander's expense protection will cover stolen funds, refiling applications for loans, and other related expenses, legal fees, and lost wages of up to $7,500 per week for four weeks. Zander covers these costs with a $1 million identity theft insurance policy that has zero deductible. As part of its recovery services, Zander follows up on resolved cases for 36 months to ensure that the customer experienced a full recovery.

The Bad

• No Credit Monitoring
  • Limited Website Information

No Credit Monitoring

Zander does not seem to offer credit monitoring and states that the service, which is provided by most identity theft protection companies, provides minimal benefit at an additional cost. Instead, Zander recommends customers check credit reports on their own through AnnualCreditReport.com.

Limited Website Information

The company's website does disclose some information regarding its identity theft protection services, however, there is limited information concerning the details of the services provided. It is unclear whether the company provides anti-virus software, credit reports, certain fraud alert notifications, and more. Customers who wish to have detailed information are required to contact the company directly.

The Bottom Line

Zander offers comprehensive identity theft protection services at very affordable prices. The company provides unlimited recovery services, unlimited restoration and recovery, free child protection with the family plan, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance policy for consumers who become identity theft victims. Unfortunately, Zander does not seem to offer credit monitoring and provides limited information on its website regarding its identity theft protection services.

Call our recommended rep over at Zander ID Protection below.

Max
September 14th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

I just signed up with Zander ID Protection. I worried about their relationship with CSID. I hope, god forbid, if I need to use this insurance I don't get the same experience as Elizabeth, another user did who wrote a review on July 19th, 2018. I hope Zander has an explanation of why that happened and they happened when they reached to CSID. I understand why they use CSID services, it makes business sense. But please Zander, make them accountable to your reputation. If they suck that's on you but if you don't don't anything, it is. I hope they address this review otherwise I might seriously consider canceling it. The price is affordable and the insurance itself seems to be quite good. Now I am just afraid of their relationship with CSID.

Troy Millett
August 21st, 2018 Lindon, UT

I currently use Zander ID Protection and have been very satisfied. I appreciate the regular emails letting me know of my status. I appreciate the identity theft insurance they provide.

Zander ID Protection Logo

Reply from Zander ID Protection

Will JerroAug 23, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful feedback, Troy! We're happy to have you as part of the Zander family and appreciate the chance to help you protect what's most important. Just give us a call if you need anything!

Samuel
August 17th, 2018 Meridian, ID DETAILS

Well I was finally able to speak to a supervisor, after I called Zanders again. It has been over a week since I first contacted Zanders. I have received an email about making an appointment to speak with someone from restoration. I have finally come to the understanding the Zanders ID Protection is reactive program and not a proactive plan.

michele f
August 16th, 2018 Kansas City, MO DETAILS

the website will not let you cancel your membership or remove your credit card info. they keep renewing with your credit card till you take the time to call in and talk to them and jump through hoops. This is not the practice of a reputable company.

Elizabeth
July 19th, 2018 Winter Garden, FL DETAILS

I’ve purchase several policies through Zander Insurance in the past, I’m an avid Dave Ramsey listener and an EntreLeadership All Access Member. This is one product that should NOT be endorsed and does not live up to its claims. After being a victim of identity theft (self discovery not flagged by their monitoring) I immediately contacted Zander Insurance. The case was passed off to CSID for restoration. The claim on their website for Unlimited Recovery is completely false. “Zander Identity Theft has a 100% Recovery Success Rate, and takes care of all of the work to restore your identity.” The reality is they hand you off to CSID who disputes they have the responsibility to “take care of all the work”. The representatives are so overworked they do not even address email or voicemail in a timely manner. I reported this disconnect to Zander. This issue was escalated to a supervisor at Zander who committed to resolve the issue with CSID. This was not accomplished nor did the supervisor check in with me again after our initially conversation. In the last week I have spent over 20 hours resolving my identity theft issue with less than 1.5 hours of support from CSID. The information CSID did share could have been found on Google. It did not reflect any detailed knowledge on their part and they struggled to answer some basic identity theft related questions. The “best” engagement with my CSID represenative was when I pointed her to a state specific identity theft site and she then emailed me a link from that same site to complete one of the listed forms - a form I refenced in our call! I’m sure Mr. Ramsey is not aware the support offered is virtually worthless or he would not endorse this product with such enthusiasm. I’m an extremely dissatisfied customer.

Ashley Johnson
May 16th, 2018 Greenbrier, TN

Zander ID Theft protection is one of the best products out there. They don't offer credit monitoring but for me that is okay, because I'd rather pay less for the protection I really need than spend a fortune on something I can do myself. Their CSRs were super friendly when I had questions and patiently walked me through setting up my monitoring.

Woody Kaye
February 8th, 2018 DETAILS

After posting the review below I finally connected with 2 customer service reps and a manger who were apologetic and showed appropriate empathy and then responded clearly to the issue we initially called about. I was very impressed. I also have a better understanding of how they stack up against LifeLock and will stick with them.

Michael Rathge
November 7th, 2017 Adams, TN DETAILS

I've had Zander ID theft protection since 2013 and have never needed to use their recovery services or speak to anyone in Customer Care. I'm writing this review in hopes that you will correct your false description to reflect the fact that Zander now does monitoring at no additional cost, making their coverage an even better bargain than it used to be. Your site would be more valuable to consumers if the information on it was accurate.

Jeff
November 6th, 2017 Oak Creek, WI DETAILS

The one star reviews need to have patience when dealing with them. They will call you back and they will explain everything to you. Just relax they are liable for everything if something happens. Keep up the GREAT work guys. I am a new customer and have been taken care of by them. Trust the process and believe that hey have your back!!

Brenda
October 18th, 2017

The customer service for getting a refund is terrible. I had an issue that required my original account to be closed and had to open a new account. I had already paid the yearly fee for the original account but had to pay a second yearly fee with the assurance that the fee would immediately be refunded to my credit card. No refund has been issued despite my repeated calls for over a month. Each time I call I have to wait for nearly 2 hours for someone to actual come on the line. I keep being told that they are sending my problem a higher authority for this problem and that someone would be calling me to follow up on this issue . So far, no phone call and no refund. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! They are liars!

Maureen Mourao
October 18th, 2017 New York, NY

I have been with Zander Insurance since 2010. I have never had any issues with their customer service, and never experienced extended wait times to reach a customer service representative. I read through some of the negative reviews that were posted in 2017; however, folks need to keep in mind that these complaints were posted right around the same time as all of the hurricane activity and Equifax data breach. I think they got swamped by all of the calls they have been receiving. I think for the price and product, they offer a great deal to the consumer. I think all Zander really needs to do is hire more people to handle the increased call volume.

Jacob
October 16th, 2017 San Francisco, CA

Horrible company. Product is not what they promised and when I tried to cancel they did not respond or answer my emails. WASTE OF MONEY. DO NOT BUY!

Scott Watts
October 13th, 2017

I signed up yesterday, paid for a full year, and today cannot log on to my account. I get an error that I need to call customer service. Have called twice and had to hang up due to long hold times, and now am on hold for right at 15mins as I write this review (still on hold). Purchased solely because of Dave Ramsey endorsement. I am about to simply dispute charge with my credit card company, and let Zander deal with them. Will never purchase based on a Dave Ramsey endorsement again! How can he put his name on a company with such poor customer service. Don't give me excuses about increased call volume due to breaches from other agencies. Answer the phone! They must be making paying him big bucks for his endorsement! What a joke and waste of $150.00!

Rebecca
October 6th, 2017 Avant, OK

I've called multiple times over the last month and have never gotten through unless I lie and say that I'm a new customer wanting to sign up for insurance. Also, they do not call back or respond to emails. If I do get my identity stolen I don't have much confidence that I will ever be able to get anyone on the phone or email. I've had their insurance for over a year now and am shopping for something else. Dave Ramsey should quit endorsing this company.

Clydette
September 29th, 2017 Long Beach, CA

Trying to get a hold of this company is maddening, I was on hold 45 minutes yesterday and today trying one last time before cancelling. I read all the other reviews, they really need to change the recording, it has beeps and annoying music, NOT soothing at all.

gary
September 26th, 2017 Gainesville, GA

The website promises 24/7/365 access to a certified specialist. What you get is being put on hold during normal business hours. The other 16 hours Monday-Friday and 24/7 Saturday and Sunday is an answering service. I have being trying to speak to a Zander employee for a week without any luck. I have left repeated messages on the company number, answering service and sent emails. All I have gotten was a email on Sunday stating they would call me which they did one time while I was at lunch a week after my first message. Their message to me was to call them back. Not what I thought I have been paying for.

donna
September 12th, 2017 Cranston, RI

I have finally spoken to zander and the representative was extremely helpful and has rectified the situation which I had been attempting to resolve for the last 4 days. extreme conditions, the Equifax breach and the call center in the hurricane, have caused considerably long wait times. I am satisfied with the resolution.

Angie Lambert
March 21st, 2017 Evanston, WY

Zander sucks. I had my id, phone, and a credit card stolen in Hawaii, and I couldn't get a hold of them - I was told that I would be on hold for 20-30 minutes or I could leave my number and they would call me back and I wouldn't lose my place in line. I left my number and they called a day later, while I was still in Hawaii and left a message. Then I called again and this time I stayed on the phone after the same spiel of 20-30 minute wait. I put my phone on speaker and waited for over ONE HOUR. So I left my name again, and sent them an email telling them I thought they were a scam. I received a call over a day later on my cell phone and I didn't answer because I didn't recognize the number. Finally, a week later, my husband called and cancelled. They didn't even ask for verification of who he was or anything like that. WAST OF TIME AND MONEY.

Barbara Dyjak
March 2nd, 2017 Howell, NJ

I'm not sure if this was published before or after the very recent changes to Zander ID Protection. New benefits were added. So, here they are: New membership benefits include: Personal Information Monitoring - a proactive step to detect the illegal buying and selling of your personal information on the internet. Social Security Number Monitoring - provides a report with all names and aliases associated with your SSN, and notifies you if a new one is added. Change of Address Monitoring - allows us to monitor requests for your mail to be rerouted through the United States Postal Service. Email Alerts - when your personal information is at risk, or a monthly All Clear notification. Lost Wallet Protection - offers you peace of mind if your wallet or purse is lost or stolen. Simply call and speak with a Recovery Specialist and they will begin the process of cancelling any debit or credit cards that are missing. 24/7/365 Customer and Recovery - support available by phone. Improved Online Account Access - easy access through your cell phone or tablet. $1 Million Reimbursement with Stolen Funds coverage I only called customer service once, several years ago, and was not overly impressed.

James
January 9th, 2017 Pittsfield, IL

Customer service is terrible. Their computer systems are down now and they can't make ANY changes to your account for another 8 days. 8 DAYS!!! Customer service assured me that it wouldn't affect my account, but refused to take any checks. They informed me that the only way to pay the account was with a credit card!!! DO NOT BUY ZANDER INSURANCE!!!

C B Seibert
November 11th, 2016

Dave Ramsey is right. The coverage is impressive. The Family plan is superior to 2 separate LifeLock plans. I'm very satisfied

Stephanie
September 17th, 2016 San Antonio, TX

For the price it really can't be beat. I feel very secure with Zander's family plan. We had a scare a couple months ago, but Zander gave me the peace of mind I needed. We check our credit reports on our own anyway, so I'm not very concerned about that. It definitely helps that Dave Ramsey endorses it.

B Morales
September 10th, 2016 Orlando, FL

I am shopping for identify theft protection and heard about Zander from Dave Ramsey's show. The information provided in this website assisted in my understanding of what Zander offers and how it compares with other identify theft programs. Very helpful resource.

Annette Morris
September 26th, 2016 Columbia City, IN

I have been very pleased with this protection as I do not want to pay for Credit Bureau monitoring given I can pull my reports for free annually. Also $1M coverage is amazing.

Rick Harrison
August 3rd, 2015 Elephant Butte, NM

I have been a member for over three years and am very satisfied with their service/people.