Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

TrustedID is an identity restoration company that is owned and operated by Equifax, one of the three major credit bureaus. TrustedID's places its focus on protecting individuals, families, and businesses from credit and identity fraud.

#1 IdentityIQ Logo IdentityIQ ›

7.1

Overall
Score

#2 MyIDCare Logo MyIDCare ›

6.6

Overall
Score

#3 LegalShield IDShield Logo LegalShield IDShield ›

6.0

Overall
Score

#19 TrustedID Logo TrustedID ›

1.0

Overall
Score

The Good

• Triple-Bureau Credit Monitoring
  • Lost Wallet Assistance
  • Identity Theft Insurance

Triple-Bureau Credit Monitoring

TrustedID provides its customers with comprehensive credit monitoring from all three major bureaus-Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.

Lost Wallet Assistance

In the event of a lost or stolen wallet, TrustedID will help customers to cancel cards and replace documents.

Identity Theft Insurance

TrustedID offers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance. Customers can rest assured that they will be covered and reimbursed for expenses in the event of identity theft.

The Bad

• Limited Services
  • No Antivirus Software

Limited Services

TrustedID's services are somewhat limited. The company does not offer financial account monitoring or financial, criminal, or tax identity recovery. Additionally, it is unclear whether or not TrustedID provides social security number monitoring, preexisting condition assistance, or limited power of attorney.

No Antivirus Software

TrustedID does not provide its customers with antivirus software to protect information on their personal computers. Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

TrustedID offers triple-bureau credit monitoring, lost wallet assistance, and identity theft insurance. However, the company does not offer a number of other services, including bank account monitoring and financial identity recovery. Additionally, TrustedID does not provide its customers with antivirus software.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

James Dirden
December 12th, 2018 Roanoke, TX DETAILS

Today I received another one of Equifax's stupid "Credit Monitoring Alert" emails. I logged in to my account to review the alert. As always, it was another content-free bunch of jibberish about a bank I've never heard of doing something to an unidentified account. Against my better judgement, I called the "Customer Care Team" phone number provided in the email. An hour and a half later, after speaking to two call center reps and two "supervisors," I still don't have a clue as to what this alert is all about. It's no wonder these idiots were hacked!

Jim W.
November 20th, 2018 Wayland, MI DETAILS

The confusion and incompetence is the only thing you can count on! English isn't a second language-at best, it the fourth or fifth after gibberish. No one can give a straight or honest answer. Jim, Michigan

Byte Miass
May 7th, 2018 Omaha, NE DETAILS

All you have to do is read all of the one-star ratings below (and above). TrustedID is a waste of time. Inept, stupid, uncaring people.

Alva Thomas
January 15th, 2018 Sugar Land, TX

I wish there were something lower than 1 *. I was given this service as a result of Equifax identity breach. Some of the alerts they are sending to me are sent a week or later after the transaction. Last night I got an alert as 12:49 am and when I checked the website there was nothing there. One of the representative told me that she couldn't discuss something that was reported to a credit bureau other than Equifax! Horrible experience. Would not recommend them to ANYONE!

K Q Tole
December 18th, 2017 Benton, AR DETAILS

I don't trust TrustedId anymore than I do their parent company, Equifax. The customer service is awful. I called to cancel my subscription and was told it was handled by a different department. Instead of transferring me the young woman put me on hold. I called back and was finally able to cancel. Extremely poor customer service and the product is useless.

Janice
November 27th, 2017 Roseville, CA

WOW...Have to give TrustedID only 1 star after reading the reviews. They were pretty scary!! Don't worry all the ones that signed up for the 'free year' because of the recent Equifax scare. I did too. I did call them and was told that we'd be contacted at end of our free year with option to continue or discontinue. So we'll see. At least that's a positive thought on this issue.

Pam
October 31st, 2017 Frankfort, IL

I signed up after the Equifax breach. I got an alert today so I checked it. The alert was based on a fraudulent credit application. This has happened several times and I have alerted all the parties involved and have filed fraud reports and have locked down all my credit reports so I call trustedID to find out how this got through and after 45 minutes of not understanding a word the person on the phone was saying, I was finally transferred to a supervisor who proceeded to tell me all the things I needed to do (all things I had already done) yet she could never answer the question as to how this fraudulent inquiry got through. She hung up on me. I called back and simply said I would like to speak to a supervisor at least 100 times before the non English speaking person got a non English speaking supervisor. Again I was informed about all the things I need to do but never got an answer as to how this happened in the first place. I was given another number that informs you to send your social security number and a copy of the card and your DL and a bill confirming your address along with your birthdate to an address in Atlanta......yeah, no chance for identity theft happening there. Equifax offered this horrible service after their breach and are doing NOTHING to help those affected by the breach. The customer service department knows absolutely NOTHING about customer service or the service this company supposedly provides. Nothing more than a band aid offered by Equifax to silence the masses who were breached. TrustedID does not care about your credit and is doing everything they can to make sure your information is stolen or breached.

phil caso
October 31st, 2017 Washington, DC DETAILS

TrustedID is a defectively designed product. The whole idea of identity protection is to get an alert if a new account is opened, key word NEW, that you possibly don't know about. Instead, I am getting emails everyday that my balance changes on one of my credit cards, which will change every month, STUPID!

mike hansen
October 11th, 2017 Gilbert, AZ

I have never had customer service like this. I received a text saying there was an alert on my account and that I had to call the number 1-888-548-7878 (“TrustedID detected activity needing your attention”). I called the number and was on hold for 8 minutes. I explained what happened and she said they had a team that specialized in these issues and forwarded me to that group. I waited 18 minutes and was told I needed to call TrustedID. When I explained several times that I had called TrustedID and after she insisted that I needed to call them, I asked for a manager. At each point in the conversation, I was asked for various things that would identify me like my SSN, address, etc. When I got to the manager, she was very impatient and clearly not a people person. She became frustrated and kept asking for my address, insisting that the address I haven’t lived in for over 5 years is my correct address. After all that, she tells me that the reason I received a credit alert was because I have a balance on my credit card. Why would that trigger an alert? She said, “because you have TrustedID” (and stopped there, as if that’s all she needed to say. WHY WOULD I GET AN ALERT FOR ONE OF MY CREDIT CARDS JUST BECAUSE I HAVE A BALANCE. She kept saying “Because you have TrustedID.” She also then said it was because I have a phone number on my account as if the reason I have an alert was because I was foolish enough to provide a phone number to my account. The phone number is the contact method NOT the reason the system sent out an alert. I still have no idea why I received an alert for one credit card that has a balance but none of the other ones, all of which are changing balances in the exact same way as the card she referenced. I don’t think this is what the alert was really about. I think she just found something that she thought would get me off the phone.

Laura
September 29th, 2017 Oxford, FL

Received two texts stating action was needed. When I logged in to my account, could find nothing. I called and waited one hour. Hung up and called the next day. Been waiting on hold almost 2 hours and they still have not answered. Sent them a text reply, and 2 additional emails. Still nothing. If it was so urgent that 2 texts were sent, why is nothing showing on my account?

Dan Johnson
September 29th, 2017 Piscataway, NJ

Signed up weeks ago as a result of equifax breach. All i get is an error after setting up an account, states call customer service. I have called during their posted hours for 2 weeks now with nothing but a busy signal. I have had it with equifax as well, they will not lock my credit report directly over the phone.

Robert E Steaves
September 29th, 2017

I'm a retired computer programmer and have retired in Thailand. I signed up for TrustedID after being mentioned on Equifax's web site for my file being compromised. However, since I now live in Thailand (I used my USA Address) , Equifax's server is now restricting most all incoming IP number from a foreign country, I get an excluded country error. I have a lifetime of credit in the USA which now can't even be protected by Equifax's TrustedID. To make matters worse, I found out the front end software used by Equifax is called CloudFront sold by Amazon. You can read about it on the web. It can easily be worked around. It screens out all unwanted countries from entering your server. Further investigation on the web reveals that this software has many many workarounds, and programs for sale which will fool Equifax's server into thinking you are in the USA. Who are they fooling? Not me! Most countries in the world do not allow use of this software as it does not protect their citizens from reading unwanted news articles about religion or politics. Living in the Far East and traveling here, I know South Korea, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Sinapore have built firewalls around their countries to protect their citizens. China has gone to extreme measures in this direction to allow only good news to be read by it's citizens, deporting foreigners those who hack around their firewall. Unfortunately, many Americans with credit files live overseas, including our military and civilian support. I called Equifax and ask that Thailand be unrestricted so I could legally access www.equifax.com and trustedid.com. He (Supervisor Dave #DXI14) of course, refused, stating no time frame has been set for world access. Only Canada and parts of the UK have access now. He later called me unprofessional and hung up on me after I asked for someone else in his company who could help me. It is possible that Equifax could allow just one person from the world in, easily done in CloudFront. He also said Equifax is just too busy to allow USA service members and civilians into their server right now and could give no time frame for when it would allow them in. I wish I could tell all Americans how to protect their credit file from hacks, and use Equifax's free products. With the new software CloudFront installed, Equifax thinks they are safe from foreign intrusions. How sad! It is my speculation that Equifax thinks they have been hacked by a foreign entity or government, maybe Russia, China or North Korea and they think CloudFront will protect them, they are completely wrong! They only make vulnerable all Americans overseas to be exposed to ID theft.

Mary Jo Maxwell
September 29th, 2017 Washington, DC

Can't even get into the website. You'd think since they caused this mess they'd be more helpful. Hopefully their 26% stock value loss is just the beginning of their down fall.

Deric
September 26th, 2017 Lincoln, NE

What good is this service if you cannot access it? This was provided by Equifax due to their security breach. I received a link to activate which only partially accepted my credentials. When I attempted to redo my input, I was advised that the account was already activated and provided a link to their website. I clicked that link and NOTHING! Tried 3 different search engines (Google, Explorer and Bing) and none could connect. No connection problems from my end. I searched the company out and again clicked on the link to their website and again got nothing! This is total BS, As I stated at the beginning, what good is this service if you cannot access it?????

James R Naughton
October 4th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

I've tried multiple times on the internet and on the phone to speak with customer service and I just can't get in. The breach of our personal information has put 143 million people imminent risk of identify theft and mortgage fraud and this process of obtaining "TrustedID" is Byzantine and unreliable. What the hell is going on here?!

Brenda
October 11th, 2017 City of Saint Peters, MO

After days of being on the phone, I finally talked with SEVERAl dIFFERENT PEOPLE FROM dIFFERENT dRPARTMENTS NONE of them have been able to help me. Each one tells me to call somewhere else but wait for a couple of hours to call. Been told that I am registered but how does that help when I have never had a password. Told that first Wait TWO hours and call again a certain number...answer a few Security Questions, then call another number to get a (new) password even thought I've never been given a first password. WHEW. Maybe if some tries to steal my account info, they will have the same problems. haha

Sandra G Moore LPC
September 25th, 2017

Can't get trough to anyone and can't complete my Equifax Support identity help. This has been going on for days. Horrible response to their ridiculous phrase, "the incident." Hey Equifax...it's a breach affecting over one third of the citizens in this country!! Wake up and fix this nonsense.

bob
September 25th, 2017 Bradenton, FL

Site is never online. THE SERVICE DOESN'T EXISTS IF YOU CANNOT USE IT.

Bill
September 22nd, 2017 Bristol, RI

you can't get anyone to help you. I have waited over 2 hours for someone to pick up the phone. at first when I got the link email, they send me a series of sign in questions, then it said my answers didn't match theirs. Then I tried again it said it was activated, but I have no way to sign in as no password was provided. What a mess and what a waste of time...

Dan Drotar
September 22nd, 2017 Farmington, MI

Trusted ID texted my phone to say they detected activity needing my attention and asked that I login to their website or call their number. I logged into their website and couldn't see what needed my attention so for the past 56 minutes I have been on hold with their phone center. Their call center doesn't even estimate the wait time. These folks are way behind the times. Unfortunately, I cannot wait all day for trusted ID to pick up the phone!

ERICA RIZZO
September 22nd, 2017

I have not been able to talk to a live rep in days that I have been calling. As of right now I've been on the phone for 2 hours 36 minutes and guess what? No one yet!

Thomas P
September 25th, 2017 St. Petersburg, FL

I can not log on to my account. Keep getting a web page with a medium size blue arrow and nothing else.

Linda
September 22nd, 2017 Medina, OH

Impossible to contact. I have tried 55 times to call. Website is down, too.

Concerned
September 22nd, 2017

After their breech - they offered me "free" credit and fraud monitoring since they had indicated my information was probably stolen. What they did was sign me up for their service "free" for one year - but it is a auto renew program. And what they also did not disclose is that if you do sign up you waive your rights for reconciliation if the data stolen did result in identity fraud against me. Fortunately this won't hold up legally. The fact they are trying to make money and take advantage of the people who were already hurt by the hack on their company - is lower than dishonest. Now they keep sending me notices to log onto their site since they detected activity that needs my attention - the site is always down

Teri
September 21st, 2017 Charleston, WV

Equifax TrustedId is sending links for the free service due to the breach, but the links are broken or the page cannot be reached. They are further defrauding the Consumers, deceiving the public , the Government, and in doing so, doing irreparable harm to every consumers livelihood.

Kathy Moore
September 14th, 2017

stupidly signed up for the free service on 9/11 tried calling on 9/13 to cancel was on hold for 40 mins. finally hung up today 9/14 so far have been on hold for 1hr and 47 mins. good thing I don't need them for an emergency just trying to cancel my subscription!

Wilk
August 30th, 2017

This is a scam, my credit card was charged for a service that I didn't request. I will contact the federal government to investigate this scamming business.

C Harris
September 26th, 2016

They are the worst. I cannot believe how inefficient their customer service, marketing, explanation of renewal fees. They will cancel your entire account when or if your credit card declines an automatic renewal w/o any explanation or even with your knowledge. It takes HOURS, and I mean hours, to load your info and this I have no access to it, ever. Do Not Waste Your Time. I cannot believe AARP (the king of driving you nuts with emails of explanation) partners with these losers. Don't fall for the 'cheaper" fees. It is not worth it. Shopping for a new one myself but I think they all are as bad as one another.

Gloria
July 15th, 2016 Zephyrhills, FL

Minutes after I attempted to sign up onlineI for this program I was charged 209.99 for a family plan, which is double the fee for the individual plan. This charge showed up on my account for the higher amount before I had entered the information for the second person. They said they would immediately cancel the bad account . Well, that didn't happen. I talked to several people, The only reason I gave them a 1 instead of zero is because they are nice, incompetent but nice.

Barbara J
July 13th, 2016 Knoxville, TN

I tried to cancel service after my husband passed away. They said I need to sent a death certificate, which I did. After several weeks they not only had not cancelled service, but charged me for another year. I called again, and told them the above, and I was told they had NO MAILING ADDRESS and had to fax in the info. I did that, and still no cancellation. I finally threatened to report them to BBB, and other State agencies, and they finally sent a check for the renewal. I never did get the additional 2 months from when I began the process, but I was glad to get rid of them. Do not ever sign up with them - they are not to be trusted.

Sage Bishop
May 12th, 2016 Bellingham, WA

I signed up with Trusted ID for my family and the account expired after a year. They never contacted me to renew and I only found out it expired when I received a text from them citing "activity needing your attention" but when I went to login it said I needed to renew my subscription. Seems to me that is their way of letting me know I need to renew. It put a dent in my trust in them

Emory Griffis
April 4th, 2016 Anthony, FL

Signed up for the "free" 14-day trial individual membership. I had to authorize a $1.00 charge to supposedly verify my banking information. The sign-up page assured me that I had until a certain date to cancel at no further charge. Less than 24 hours later, I check my bank account and see that Trusted Id had already attempted to charge me the first full month. Unbeknownst to them, my bank places a 5 day hold on new or unknown requests for payment, which allows me time to make sure the payment doesn't go through. I was able to cancel in less than one minute, they didn't bother asking the reason for the cancellation. For the brief time I had the service, I liked what was offered; however, they chose to create a trust issue right away. The last thing I need is to have to worry about unauthorized charges from a company that is supposedly protecting my accounts.

Tom
March 15th, 2016 Cary, NC

Deceptive Billing and Customer Service- Your credit card is auto-billed annually with no email warning that it will be charging you, and giving you the opportunity to cancel. I contacted them and was informed that their system sometimes does and sometimes doesn't inform you of the pending charge. When I saw the charge, I contacted them for cancellation, which they said they would do, but would not credit me for the partial month in my "current" plan. I raised the level to the supervisor, who again said she would not credit me. Seems like a scam, which is deplorable for a company that claims to be "protecting you." Any reputable customer service-oriented company will notify you in advance of a recurring charge.

Andrew Martin
February 3rd, 2016 Long Beach, CA

If you want a company that will no cancel your account, and will continue to bill you year after year for over 5 years, despite telephone calls, emails, online chats, and credit card disputes, then TrustedID is your company. They basically scam people into a subscription that they will not cancel.

Chris Raber
January 13th, 2016 Wadsworth, OH

They canceled my account without notifying me. I called them to see why the account was canceled and the agent said that the credit card on file expired, I asked why they did not send me an alert and he said I not sure why, our account does not show any notices or attempts to contact me. He said I would have to set everything up again. I can't believe a company that is suppose to send you alerts when something is wrong with your identity, can not send you a notice when they don't have an updated credit card on file. Poor service. I would receive false alarms alerts all the time. I went with Life Lock after this issue.

Craig May
January 4th, 2016 Oxnard, CA

Could NOT be more displeased. When trying to cancel I was told the only way they would allow it was to furnish my death certificate. After three calls to the company I was still not able to convince them I was alive and couldn't furnish the document. At that point I contacted my credit card company and had the account put in dispute. Is this the type of company you want to do business with

Hugh
October 21st, 2015 Dothan, AL

I only bought the service because of AARP endorsement. They are scammer that should be shut down. They lied about crediting my card with a promised refund; then they lied about sending me a check. I've now gone to AARP, but not very hopeful I'll ever get my refund. Stay away from these crooks!

Brian Holloway
September 23rd, 2015 Germantown, MD

After years of being a Trusted Id member my membership was cancelled because they say the computer tried to bill my credit card and it was declined. It was declined because my card had been compromised. Why didn't they just simply ask me for updated card info. Trusted Id customer service sucks….

Bukola
September 11th, 2015

Ridiculously unhelpful if there is a problem with your credit card payment, they cancel your account and make you start from scratch in providing all your information. What if my credit did have an issue then? They just effectively washed their hands of the situation. Never give them your money!!

Alice A
September 1st, 2015 Riverside, CA

This company is a scam! They charge your card even when you cancel. Then when you call back they want to give me a partial amount. Uh no.