SafeIDLock

SafeIDLock Logo

SafeIDLock

Identity protection starting at $8 per month

Founded in 2010 and headquartered in El Segundo, California, SafeIDLock is owned by Identity & Credit Service, Inc. and provides affordable identity theft protection plans to individual consumers on a month-to-month basis. These protection plans include daily credit monitoring, public records monitoring, fraud alert and resolution services, and a $1 million expense reimbursement insurance policy.

#1 LifeLock Logo LifeLock ›

8.1

Overall
Score

#2 Complete ID Logo Complete ID ›

7.5

Overall
Score

#3 IdentityIQ Logo IdentityIQ ›

7.5

Overall
Score

SafeIDLock Logo SafeIDLock ›

Insufficient
Reviews

The Good

• Affordable Monthly Plans
  • Identity Theft Insurance

Affordable Monthly Plans

SafeIDLock offers three individual identity protection plans that range from $8 to $25 per month. Because there are multiple plans to choose from, customers have the ability to pick the plan that fits into their budget and provides the desired amount of coverage.

Identity Theft Insurance

All SafeIDLock protection plans include $1 million in expense reimbursement insurance with zero deductible. This policy covers up to $1,000 per week for five weeks in lost wages, administrative costs, and legal defense fees.

The Bad

• No Data Protection Software
  • Lack of Company Information
  • Service Limitations

No Data Protection Software

While some identity protection companies offer anti-virus, anti-phishing, and anti-spyware solutions as a part of their identity protection plans, SafeIDLock does not offer data protection software of any kind to its customers.

Lack of Company Information

SafeIDLock discloses little information about its history and executive leadership online. This lack of transparency may be alarming to some consumers.

Service Limitations

SafeIDLock only provides its customers with credit monitoring, reports, and scores from one credit bureau of the three major credit bureaus. In addition, family plans are not available.

The Bottom Line

SafeIDLock offers affordable monthly identity protection plans and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance. However, the company only provides credit monitoring from one of the three major bureaus and does not offer data protection software.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

2.3

martin
February 18th, 2016 Huntington Beach, CA

These guys actually did a good for me when i had an idenity theft. they opened a case for me and went to work and got me cleaned up without much hassle on my part. thanks

Clay M. Stone
May 12th, 2014 Cordova, TN

It may have been my fault and, indeed, it was my fault that I did not realize that $29.95 was being put on my credit card each month for 5 months! In early May of 2014 I called and the person answering said that I had clicked on a $1.00 plus icon which after 7 days locked me in to the $29.95 a month. I heard nothing either via e-mail or regular mail as to this arrangement. It appears to me that they would have been interested in getting my reaction to the process. They just wanted my money. I was dumb, but...Clay M. Stone, Memphis, TN.