We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, NortonLifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

NortonLifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses.

According to NortonLifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. NortonLifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off a NortonLifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

NortonLifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

NortonLifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning and dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, NortonLifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, NortonLifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company also provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, NortonLifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, NortonLifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

NortonLifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million-dollar protection package.

This million-dollar protection package covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and childcare, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

NortonLifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

NortonLifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. NortonLifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual NortonLifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. NortonLifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

NortonLifeLock offers four identity theft protection options to choose from: the Standard plan that costs $9.99 per month, the Select plan that also costs $9.99 per month, the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month, and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month.

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off of all NortonLifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, NortonLifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the NortonLifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the NortonLifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the NortonLifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

Device Security Availability

In terms of device security, NortonLifeLock has plenty to offer. Unfortunately, some of the device security options that the company offers are not available to all devices.

According to the company's website, the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options are currently not supported on Mac OS.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

NortonLifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

NortonLifeLock has four identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that some of its device security options, such as the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options, are not supported on Mac OS devices, which may limit some NortonLifeLock account members from having additional protection.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, NortonLifeLock is a great company to choose from.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal. NortonLifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Phone alerts are made during normal local business hours.

4.0

Brandon F

March 4th, 2016

LifeLock got a hold of me because my social security number was being used to open an account, that I did not try to open - We found out that a new company was trying to open a new business account, and that their business ID number just happened to be the same as my social. No action was required after that, and it is good to know LifeLock can detect these kinds of situations. LifeLock is great, and I don't know how anybody would risk living without it!

Jason Elkin

March 4th, 2016

I've been a customer since the beginning of the year. My debit card # was stolen and compromised. Another fraud service caught it and helped me. I was surprised that lifelock didn't pick up on it.

Patrick

March 4th, 2016

It took about a month for me to be notified from you that I changed my mailing address through the post office. It seems like that shouldn't take nearly that long if you guys are actually continuously monitoring my identity.

Edna E Wright

March 4th, 2016

LifeLock cleared up my credit rating. They removed debts that belonged to other people from my profile that didn't belong to me. I have a good credit score for the first time in years.

Paul Pedron

March 4th, 2016

Not sure if Lifelock is working because I get very little feedback from this company and what my purchased services are doing... If anything I get too many notifications for accurate purchases and monthly bill payments that I have to clear. Shouldn't it remember these? Is this a waste of money or is it really working? Sceptical

Voncille Kraut

March 4th, 2016

While I'm glad I haven't had any attempts to steal my identity, I am very pleased that Lifelock is monitoring every activity. I have applied for credit and have had Lifelock contact me to make sure it was really me. I appreciated that, and feel confident that I made the right choice by choosing Lifelock. Thank you very much.

Frank McDowell

March 4th, 2016

Lifelock missed some unusual activity with my identity... I was getting Notices from banks located in the northwestern united states.....I'm on the east coast...

Nana

March 4th, 2016

I have been hacked in two of my charge cards one only 2 weeks ago. So I understand no one has tried to get loans or open anything in this past month but there should be something to protect my charge cards. The charge was made in Europe and was taken care of right away but I had to place a couple of e-mails and speak to someone before I could open a case. Fortunately, the charge was deleted before another could be charged. I chose to closed that account that was the second time in the past year.

J Nystrom

February 25th, 2016

I appreciated hearing from you while I was in the store trying to reopen an account. You alerted me within minutes. Made me feel safe as if it wasn't me I would have been able to stop it immediately. Great job! Thanks

Gary Moore

February 25th, 2016

I purchased a new vehicle last Feb. and the financial institution doing finance ran a credit report. And before I left the Bank I had a message on my phone making sure the check was for my use and not someone else. I was very impressed. I like the info provided in newsreports as well.

fontenotflyer

February 25th, 2016

I greatly appreciate the notices of sexual predators that are living in my community. I also appreciate being notified about web sites that have published my 'personal' information and how I can request that this information be removed.

Paul Meyers

February 25th, 2016

I've had Lifelock for a couple of years now, and though I think it is a valuable service, I have applied for credit a few times and not received contact from Lifelock which concerns me.

Deniece Flippen

February 25th, 2016

Within a half hour of having a credit check done I will get a text message from LifeLock. If I dont answer that right away, they will call me personally to make sure it was me that had the credit check done.

Patricia E

February 25th, 2016

When I discovered that my identity had been stolen, I was shocked, to say the least. I made the necessary calls, and following through with suggestions. Then, I contacted LifeLock, and I can say that you really are being protected. I've gotten about 3 notices of alert, asking if it was me making and approvinget something. I've used LifeLock for about a year, and I have zero complaints.

Lois Scarborough

February 25th, 2016

Happy that no problems so far while covered by Lifelock. I did have a computer hack and had to pay to get that taken care of but was only on computer, did not hear of anything else being affected. I like getting emails that all is well from Lifelock and feel fairly well protected with all going on with hackers etc.

Stevedrc

February 25th, 2016

LifeLock first made ME aware of upcoming credit issues when they first detected fraudulent transactions beginning to appear on my credit file. We jumped right on it and they helped me and walked me through every step of the process in repairing and protecting my good name.

David Prosser

February 25th, 2016

LifeLock is always on the ball and I have not experienced any problems since I started their service. They are quick to notify you if there is any doubt about a purchase or event that may be unusual or suspicious.

Don

February 23rd, 2016

Lifelock is very good at monitoring if you take the time to enter your accounts, settings and complete the whole set up of your account. If you don't then it will not be as effective as it can be. LifeLock stopped some one from taking out a credit card in my name. Without LifeLock the person trying to get the credit card probably would have been successful and i wouldn't have known. I received an alert from LifeLock and they assisted me with blocking the credit card. The LifeLock representative set up a call to the credit card company and was on the call to ensure all went well. The alerts received may not be the day the charge is made there are a few factors involved like when the charge appears on your account and limits you have set for notifications. you don't want to get an alert every time you use your debit or credit to make a $20 purchase. Credit applications or major purchases can take a few days to make it through the system for LifeLock to know they have occurred.

Walt Stutz

February 15th, 2016

Very impressed: We were in process of refinancing a loan. When Wells Fargo submitted the papers to another division, we were immediately notified that someone was making a loan with our names. The notification was released as soon as Lifelock verified that it was us that was making this loan. A second notification happened when the paperwork was moved to another division. GREAT SERVICE. And it was a very simple process to remove the notification. Thank you very much.

Alan

February 15th, 2016

Life Lock has been an excellent tool in monitoring my credit. Anytime there has been activity with my personal information I have been notified within a day or two. Price point seems to be a little high but it is accompanied with amazing service.

Carol Ann Drust

February 15th, 2016

I heard various reviews citing the confidence they felt having Life Lock so I made the decision to sign up a year ago. I have been very satisfied with the service during my first year and the security I have that I am protected. As a result I have just renewed my account for my second year.

VegaMYD

February 15th, 2016

I was shocked when the alert came in my e-mail and also on the phone message. My first thought was somebody stole my identify!! When I went on my computer and followed the direction (I am not good with computer, but direction was clear and not difficult) and found out it was not an identify theft. A commercial entity checked my credit as I had changed my account. I was grateful LifeLock alerted me!!

Vivianschwartz

February 15th, 2016

If they find a problem they are right on top of it . I trust this company and would never change it I am very satisfied and would recommend this to everyone. I had updated a store credit card To get sales items on my card and when I did that in the store lifelock called and made sure it was me who made the change . Lifelock was so incredible.e.

Dennis and Tereasa

February 15th, 2016

My wife and I both have LifeLock, utilizing the Advantage and the Standard plans. We appreciate the email notifications of monitoring of our accounts. My elderly mother-in-law also has LifeLock after having had her identity stolen and has had no problems since.

Shari

February 15th, 2016

I have Lifelock through AOL and have had no further problems with credit attacks. In the past, I found activity on my checking account, people opening accounts in my name, writing fraudulent checks on non-existent accounts, and renting apartments. Nothing further has occurred since signing up with LifeLock.

JoeFromTexas

February 15th, 2016

My wife got phone calls from LifeLock saying they couldn't complete my membership. But in the US Mail I got my membership card and LifeLock ID number. I went online and set up my password and entered my financial information to be protected. My wife continued to get phone calls saying my membership was being held up for lack of information. So it just made me feel like the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing down at LifeLock. That didn't give me a safe feeling about my information being secure.

Wendy2144123

February 15th, 2016

2 months ago, you reported no fraudulent activity, when there had been a breach of my identity with my Kohl's charge card.

Imazon

February 15th, 2016

On 2-8-16 I received an alert that there had been a change of address, which I did not make, in June 2015. I called lifelock and spoke with Casandra. She did not seem very professional and covered the mouthpiece & I heard her laughing. She also did not answer my questions in a knowledgeable way. I told her my credit card # had been stolen online in Nov. 2015 and why did I give lifelock all my credit card info if that was not covered? I was told that was another level of protection that I did not have with lifelock. I have AOL lifelock, it would be helpful if someone would enlighten me as to what kind of coverage I actually do have with life lock. Because if it is just to send phony alerts, I don't need it.

James Jensen

February 15th, 2016

Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recently opened two credit card accounts, and a furniture account, none of them were detected. When I spoke to the rep, they said that some things cannot be caught. I say Baloney. I opened two major credit cards, without any notification from Lifelock. The supervisor Allison was pleasant, but didn't know what she was talking about. She said that some accounts opened are not in the program? What? When I asked her what I was paying for she said I was getting my credit monitored. When I told her that lifelock didn't catch the three accounts, she went back to telling me how good the product is. ITS NOT A GOOD PRODUCT.More than obvious Supervisors are untrained and very unprofessional. I am thinking seriously about reporting Lifelock to the BBB.

John Mingus

February 15th, 2016

The problem with Lifelock is that where there is an expense noted from primarily your banking institution and it is for an amount set to be notified by lifelock you get this message maybe 5-7 days after the actual transaction takes place. That saying if there was an issue then the notice would not actually do you any good because it had happened much earlier. Also when I tried to reach out to customer service regarding this they never got back with me to see if this could be resolved. My thoughts are they LiveLock is too busy with too many accounts to give quality service to any one individual.

Carolyn anthony

February 15th, 2016

I've had one experience someone made an attempt to get a cell phone using my name and some concoction of my SS#. LL was on it almost immediately. Thank you

Douglas Sims

February 15th, 2016

The service does not add all banks to it. It won't add my Credit union account and I have asked three times for it to be added with no response.

Old Cajun

February 15th, 2016

Poor. Not once was I called or notified of any action on my security compromise. Bank and financial advisor had to take action. Where was LIFE lock?

Henry Barnett

February 15th, 2016

Have had two incidences of credit card fraud. In the past 6 months.

mayra vela

February 15th, 2016

it's a great service. I get informed right away when something is wrong and it gets corrected just as fast.

Mary B

February 8th, 2016

I ran into a problem the other day and when I called, someone named Cris answered and I could hear other people in the background talking which is not usual. I asked for some info which he seemed to not want to give but when I asked the second time, he did. He then asked me if I now wanted to add my husband.... I don't have one of those, so now I'm suspicious, and now I can't get through to them by e mail... think maybe they've got a problem.

Jo L

February 5th, 2016

Lifelock is an awesome service. They are right on it within minutes after I opened an account at a clothing store. The alerts are great. Would not ever think about not having this service.

Maria

February 5th, 2016

I just applied for a credit card this weekend and I was under the impression that your service will notify me that a company was checking on my credit report but I was dissapointed that I didn't get any notifications.

Vince Kong

February 5th, 2016

After having my ID stolen the Police recommended I apply to LifeLock to prevent further fraud. After submitting my application I was immediately informed of over 6 credit inquiries in the next 2 weeks. Wisthout LifeLock all these accouts would have been opened in my name and the hassles of trying to correct this on my own after the fact would have been very frustrating. Well worth the cost to prevent this in the first place. LifeLock then called me back a month later to take all the inquiries off my record with the actual companies that had applications in my name so that it would be "Red Flagged".

C D

February 5th, 2016

I was away from home and decided to makes changes to one of my services. I hadn't even finished the changes when I got an alert from LIFELOCK checking to see if it was me opening a new account. Impressive......

Emman

February 5th, 2016

Since haven had Lifelock, there has been several attempted fraudulent activities regarding my identity and of which were all thwarted and immediately reported to me by Lifelock.

Becky Grizzle

February 5th, 2016

We had a situation in 2014 that could have caused us some real problems if not caught when it was. Someone went to Verizon and proceeded to get several phones that I had not approved. I received a call from a representative that there had been a purchase in my names.

Mary

February 3rd, 2016

When I first signed up for Lifelock, I got an email when I opened a new credit card account. That made me feel safe. But more recently, I opened another account and got no email. Then that new card got hacked to purchase an airline ticket with Turkish Airlines (ISIS?). When I called Lifelock, I was told that they do not monitor 100% but are moving in that direction. They have a more expensive plan now that will monitor such things. But my bank informed me about the fraud and mended it and since Lifelock was no help, I just terminated the Lifelock membership today.

Lavando Cameron

January 27th, 2016

Lifelock is a lifesaver. I have always heard about people having their personal information compromised or stolen by others who commit fraudulent activity on their finances. You hope it never happens to you. Well, it happened to me. I found out by LifeLock calling and sending me messages via email and asking me did I open a new credit card account? I told them I did not and LifeLock got in touch with the company who had approved the account to inform them that their client had not opened an account with their company. LifeLock made sure that the company investigated the fraudulent activity and at the end of it all the company sent me a letter confirming the act was not my doing and that they removed the charges and informed all the major credit bureaus of the issue. I highly recommend LifeLock to anyone looking for a company that takes care of its clients and stays with them each step of the way should a person's financial information be compromised in anyway.

Judith

January 27th, 2016

Lifelock took care of an issue in which my SSN showed-up on a purchase I didn't make. They resolved the issue swiftly & successfully. I was very pleased with their service & professionalism.

Sharon O

January 27th, 2016

Lifelock has been so easy to use. I get notified if a transaction looks questionable, log in and verify it. With so much "hacking" going on it is really wonderful to have a service that works on my behalf. I highly reccommend it. Great price, worth every penny.

Allan J Levy

January 27th, 2016

LifeLock has not let me down. When I updated my Apple iPhone and changed my cell carrier, using my MasterCard, LifeLock sent an alert asking if I was the person who initiated these transactions. As a matter of fact, this alert was sent to me as I was walking to my car after leaving the Apple store. Once a month LifeLock sends me notification that they have checked to see if anyone has been nosing around trying to gather information about me through public records. I don't know how they track ones information but I will say that they do one great job.

Ralph

January 27th, 2016

The best thing about Likelock is that I know they are monitoring if my information is being used in Identify Theft, or what may appear to be that. When I do something, they ask if it was me. And I don't have to go to the site often, because I know they are looking out for me actively!

Jim from Missouri

January 27th, 2016

I really thought this was not going to be very helpful, when I first bought into this program. But it has been more than I expected and very helpful in allowing to see transactions being made from my accounts. Ye it seems like the questions and replies may be a lot, but I am thankful to know about them. I would not consider another protector and appreciate all Lifelock has done and continues to do for me and my family.

Edward Mondini

January 20th, 2016

I began using the new LifeLock website just last week: very impressed and it brought my participation with LifeLock light-years ahead of what it used to be, which was, basically, a one way street, where I was notified with occasional updates but there was no active participation on my part. That all changed last week and I couldn't be more satisfied. Initially, when I accessed the website, there were some fits and starts, lot of errors, but since then, it runs smoothly now. I highly recommend it for those who use LifeLock and for anyone who is thinking about signing up for this service.