We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, NortonLifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

NortonLifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses.

According to NortonLifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. NortonLifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off a NortonLifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

NortonLifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

NortonLifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning and dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, NortonLifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, NortonLifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company also provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, NortonLifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, NortonLifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

NortonLifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million-dollar protection package.

This million-dollar protection package covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and childcare, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

NortonLifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

NortonLifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. NortonLifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual NortonLifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. NortonLifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

NortonLifeLock offers four identity theft protection options to choose from: the Standard plan that costs $9.99 per month, the Select plan that also costs $9.99 per month, the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month, and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month.

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off of all NortonLifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, NortonLifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the NortonLifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the NortonLifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the NortonLifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

Device Security Availability

In terms of device security, NortonLifeLock has plenty to offer. Unfortunately, some of the device security options that the company offers are not available to all devices.

According to the company's website, the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options are currently not supported on Mac OS.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

NortonLifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

NortonLifeLock has four identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that some of its device security options, such as the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options, are not supported on Mac OS devices, which may limit some NortonLifeLock account members from having additional protection.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, NortonLifeLock is a great company to choose from.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal. NortonLifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Phone alerts are made during normal local business hours.

4.0

Sheryl Maccia

February 24th, 2020 Chester, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst possible company/service I have ever encountered. Paid them over $600 dollars to upgrade and yet no one in their uneducated group of c/s reps in the Philipines could answer simple questions. Spent countless hours on hold. Tried to get a USA number and it's impossible. Scary to think they are protecting my ID? LOL

Hallieford

February 21st, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very helpful in watching for suspicious activity and sending alerts. They offer many aspects of protecting your identity and are trustworthy.

Nesha Leonard

February 18th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love it. It does a really good job. Haven’t had any problems with it at all. Very solid protection.

Audrey Mitchell

February 13th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've used Norton on my laptop and has worked great over the years. It protected the sensitive info that I put in websites and protected my identity.

Feb 13, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are glad to know that you have peace of mind with your NortonLifeLock membership in place. I am happy to hear that our specialists provided you with excellent service. We value you as a member!

JamieD

January 30th, 2020 Orange, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Simple to use and so far very effective. We’ve used them for about 15 years and having had any security issues

Zac Cannon

January 17th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The system works but is a bit expensive. When you purchase it, it does work and protects your personal information well.

Laurie Massie

January 14th, 2020 Lakeland, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LifeLock gave us an alert to let us know that our information had been breached long before Target/the US Government, and a few others even knew. Absolutely worth it!!

Jan 30, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your NortonLifeLock membership in place. Thank you for choosing NortonLifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day! Sincerely, Autumn Moore NortonLifeLock Product Support Analyst

destiny wright

January 6th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Norton has definitely protected my computer from a few viruses and sketchy websites. I definitely recommend as I have been using their services for years.

Jan 06, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your NortonLifeLock membership in place. Thank you for choosing NortonLifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day! Sincerely, Kristen Tifft NortonLifeLock Product Support Analyst

Jacob

December 31st, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Norton has always been our top protection provider. With constant updates and communication, we are alerted of any suspicious activity immediately.

Jan 02, 2020

Diane Brown

December 20th, 2019 Prescott, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their customer service is poor. We wanted a list of all the payments we made to Lifelock since 2017 for the Equifax lawsuit. It was like pulling teeth to get a copy of my payments. First, I was told I could get it through the website, but it only gave me 2019's payments. I had to try 2 more times, talking to a customer service rep each time before they would send me a copy. As it turned out it took 48 hours to have it sent to my email. My husband had to get a copy too. He had to call 3 times to get any service. Two of the times they promised to send his payment record within 48 hrs, but he never got an email with the information. Today he called again requesting the info and this time it will come to his email within 7 to 14 days!! (How much do you want to bet he doesn't get it?) He asked to speak to the supervisor, but the supervisor was not there. I suggest getting Lifelock, only if you are sure you will never need to call their customer service because the workers are incompetent and that is the best I can say for them.

E Robbins

November 27th, 2019 Freeland, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My biggest complaint with LifeLock is that they only update the input from the three credit agencies once a year. Therefore, your credit score may not be very accurate. In fact, it's quite possible that your credit information shown on LifeLock could potentially be 11 - 12 months old.

Carl

October 22nd, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Lifelock used to be okay, but has gone downhill. Their customer service is poor. I recently got a scam phonecall from someone who says I signed up for their computer protection service and would be charged $200 if I didn't call to cancel. It wasn't evewn a toll free number. I called Lifelock to report it and for some reassurance that if they did get my information I would be covered. Instead I was told not to call that back as it was just phishing for information. But if they do charge me they obviously got my information from me when I "signed up" for it and I am responsible for the charge. So all some scammer has to do is tell Lifelock I "gave" them my information when I "signed up", and Lifelock will refuse to pursue it. I called back to speak to a supervisor but the second rep refused to get me one. The second person made me go through identifying myself even though their automated syatem had already done that. What am I paying them for if all an identity thief has to do is say I gave them my information?

Jeff Stewart

October 14th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve used it and been warned of some credit applications that were not authorized.

Oct 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member. Sincerely, Kristen Tifft LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Gail Strother

October 10th, 2019 Bentonville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use lifeLock and it gives me peace of mind to know that my accounts are being monitored for unusual activity, . It was easy to set up and I like that I get monthly emails to let me know if there has been any activity on my accounts.

Oct 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place. Thank you for choosing LifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day! Sincerely, Kristen Tifft LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Don Boren

October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service is good. I get very non-specific alerts all the time that have nothing to do with actual breaches to my identity. They make me do the work to see if I was affected or not.

Amy Boren

October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have been paying for this service for a couple of years and they are very reliable. They are fast to contact us with concerns and contact us to let us know that all is well.

Alyssa Boren

October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have loved this company. They are very thorough, and we get notified promptly whenever there is a concern. Even if all is well they send us an email saying that.

Oct 07, 2019

Becky

October 3rd, 2019 Livingston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've had LifeLock on my account and my husbands for probably for or 5 years. I can't say I'm real impressed. I usually hear the news in the media before I get an email from them. I need to look and see what all they are supposed to cover because I had a credit card hacked and almost $5,000 charged and didn't hear a thing from LifeLock.

Oct 14, 2019

LifeLock contacted this consumer on 10/14/2019 to address her concerns.

kristin Gneiting

September 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I trust my protection with LifeLock. We used to have Norton but now they are one company giving me all the protection I need. I have identity protection as well as protection for my devices and when I am online I have privacy protection as well. I feel very safe with the Norton technology and with that antivirus software!

Craig

May 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LifeLock has been awesome in the time I have had a subscription. They have already taken care of one circumstance that would have been a headache. The price is next to nothing compared to what they cover. I will always use LifeLock!

Reese

May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used LifeLock when I had some of my information stolen and my identity compromised. They helped me to make sure no one was using my information for their gain and they tried to but LifeLock warned me and I was ahead of the bad guys. Great service for a good price.

Dean

May 14th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LifeLock is such a mental relief. When you hear about people getting their identities stolen on a daily basis its hard to not want a product that takes care of things. I love the price and alerts that I receive when things are out of place. I have added my whole family to my plan and that will tell you what I think of LifeLock.

Jennifer

May 13th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had LifeLock for me and my family for a couple years now. Before signing up I was skeptical that I would even use it. LifeLock has helped my family out 3 different times with people trying to steal our identity and social security numbers. I know that I would have spent a ton of money and a lot of time if we didn't have LifeLock. Get it if you don't have it!

Ashley

May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I feel very secure with LIfeLock. They are combined with Norton Security that detects spyware and viruses. LifeLock makes me feel safe because that worry is off my shoulders. They detect things like Unauthorized usps address change or information on the dark web. All kinds of crazy stuff out there, go to sleep at night feeling safe and protected with LifeLock.

Marie

March 20th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Way too expensive for an ineffective service. My husband and I had about 5 id theft attempts in a year. Lifelock did not report One incident, but the banks/credit card companies did! Useless and overpriced. I signed up with Zander Insurance for a fraction of the price ($145/yr), and it includes my entire family, even minor children. Oh, and the credit card that was used for recurring billing was compromised too, and again Lifelock had no clue. Chase bank called me immediately and shut the card down.

Lindsey B

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall great experience working with LifeLock. Its nice to know that your identity is being protected 100% of the time. The pricing is great for the services offered and I will continue to use this service. Everything is clearly outlined on their website and its very easy to know exactly what you are signing up for.

Jeff Blackett

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LifeLock helps with peace of mind knowing that if your identity is ever compromised they will take care of it. They offer a very extensive amount of methods to make sure that your identity is safe. The price is great and the level of customer service is more than expected. I highly recommend LifeLock to anyone.

Brennan

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A must have is the best way to explain it. I have had LifeLock for a while now and they helped me deal with an identity theft situation. They were able to resolve it quickly without me having to go out of my way. I can only imagine the nightmare it would have taken for me to face the situation without LifeLock.

JAKE

February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After I had some of my personal information stolen we researched a few companies and chose Life Lock. It was a little nerve wracking choosing the right company after your information has been stolen but we were happy we chose it. Sign up was easy and monitoring was good. It was comforting having a company to help protect your credit.

Brody B

February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great product for peace of mind! LifeLock has a great service for a great price. With so many data breaches happening every year its nice to know that my identity is protected with LifeLock. I would highly recommend this service to absolutely everyone!

Hailey Nilson

January 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LifeLock is a lifesaver. I got a potential threat of a stolen identity and they notified me immediately through text and email. Also, they're willing to reimburse stolen funds due to identity theft depending on your plan.

Steve schramm

October 16th, 2018 Salem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They help provide me peace of mind for data security. Delivered the service contracted for but the fee structure is too high.

Ron Durfey

August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Very happy with this service. Cost is kind of expensive. But love the warranty and the ability to feel secure.

Kris

August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Purchased after our credit cards were compromised. I also had my senior parents purchase as well and feel very secure with this company.

Bri Graham

July 25th, 2018 Broadbent, OR

My social security card and driver's were still enjoying from me. We used life lock to make sure no one was using my card.

king

July 12th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They monitor my credit after I got hacked. They notified me even for little stuff that’s pretty refreshing

Alicia Holman

July 11th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I attempted to become a customer, but wasn't comfortable with the level of security. I was recommended by a friend, so I thought I would try it, but it wasn't very user friendly and didn't give me a secure feeling. If I'm going to entrust all of my information with an online company, I think there should be a customer service person involved.

Troy Siren

June 27th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Absolutely a great product after having my credit hacked into.

Hunter Kasprzyk

June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

The commercials act like its going to save you from getting your life destroyed by an identity thief but the service is pretty ridiculous. If anyone is careful with their information online they should never need this.

Dean Shrouder

May 15th, 2018 Hollywood, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just had my identity stolen called LifeLock they gave me a bunch of information on who to contact about my stolen identity s*** what am I paying these people for if I have to call the credit bureaus and do all the hard work total waste of money go to your local bank did absolutely nothing for me just telling me all the stuff that they do sound like a commercial ad on the phone with the girl but after I got finished talking I had 20 phone numbers that I had to call and tell them about my identity-theft you don't need LifeLock you can do it on your own

Robert Rogers

February 16th, 2018 Hudson Falls, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I have life lock basic for a yr now. Two times I have opened a new charge acc. In a department store and received a notice during the transaction if it was me. I like life lock to the point of up grading. It has been 4 months now and still can't up grade.

Bruce Reed

February 15th, 2018 White Lake, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Opened savings account at new bank. All personal information entered by new bank. Informed by manager that I would receive email or text soon from LifeLock. Not a single notification. Called them to complain. Oh well... we don’t report on all new account activity. We don’t monitor all financial institutions. What good are they???

Chantanee Saejao

January 30th, 2018 Union City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Since my identity was stolen many years ago, I decided I need a protection. Ever since then I have been a member of LifeLocks and I have been happy with the company. I get notification every time someone/company uses my name, SSN, etc to run credit or for whatever use. I always receive email notifications. Also, when I run into a problem, LiftLock rep has been very helpful and they take care of my issues. For example, a few years ago i got a notification that someone has used my SSN to open a bank account. I clicked "NO" it wasn't me on the notification and I called them right away. The rep looked into the issue and said that he will contact me. Within the same day, he contacted me back and everything was resolved. I didn't have to do anything. When I moved mid last year, I updated my info with my bank and I immediately got a notification of account update. Also, I just leased a new car this month and I got a notification that a company had run my credit within a day or two. Again, I have been happy with LifeLock and I will continue with be their loyal customer for many years to come.

Duane Stewart

January 22nd, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When reviewing a major credit card statement online, I found 2 transactions that were unfamiliar and way out of character for my purchase history...foreign air travel...never previously used airline...foreign names used....high purchase amounts....last minute travel purchase! Lifelock has never sent a legitimate alert other than sex offenders thou I have several fraudulent purchases made on cards a year requiring cc changes. Now I am told by the foreign customer service representative that that my twice upgraded plan does not cover financial transactions and liability coverage is only $100,000. I have been a member for many years and when I initially signed up, the coverage was for transactions and $1M coverage and over the years I have upgraded to receive extra coverage benefits. I now see that my current upgraded plan does not exist and has been replaced by the advantage plan which has diminished benefits and have been encouraged to upgrade again to the next higher plan to receive the protection I had initially paid for and continued to upgrade to receive. I am finding that my membership fee is simply paying the premium for the insurance company that is ultimately responsible for fraud losses (if you can get them to cover them). Prices continue to go up (with new and wonderful plans) but coverage (if it really exists) is degraded...they keep moving the bar with each new plan. Will be canceling as I see no evidence of monitoring the several fraudulent transaction I get a year with extensive use of one credit card.

Diane Gembala

January 17th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just happened to check my credit this evening. Said I had TWO mortgages. (I have ONE.) No notification from LifeLock and they told me that they couldn’t help me and that I had to call each credit company and open a wrong info claim! Argh!! Contacted credit bureaus... Different name came up with MY SS# at one, another said my SS# was wrong and couldn’t pull up ANY info, 3rd one confirmed I have 2 mortgages! Whaaa?! That’s what I am paying these morons to monitor! Don’t waste your money!

PJ

January 8th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A huge bank gave me a credit card after my application and never heard from Lifelock. They can't tell me if the bank is within their network or not, NOR will they monitor every exchange with an institution. I get that for smaller organizations, but for a huge national bank, it's a flaw in their system. Horribly unhelpful agents (2 calls) becoming very defensive. Dropping this service and changing to another.

Linda Edwards

November 15th, 2017 Columbia, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You can make the experience better by posting this review for me and by making it so that I can login without use of social media. I had LifeLock for a very short time. Whether or not their services are effective, I cannot say, but use of my identity was rendered unto me alone before, while, and after giving them my business. I leave them one star because they sent me a letter through the post and in bold print was the phrase, "We miss you..." A company known to protect identities blatantly announces to anyone who happens to see your mail that your identity is not protected, therefore theirs for the compromising...? Bad form.

Dirk Lebowski

November 14th, 2017 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently opened a home equity line of credit. Both Discover and Credit Karma sent alerts about a new account on my credit report. (Both services are free). Lifelock never sent an alert. I contacted LifeLock and ended up talking to someone overseas who read from a script. Every email I sent was met with boiler plate verbiage never addressing me personally. I finally cancelled the service as I lost trust that LifeLock has any ability to proactively protect their customers.

Skip

November 6th, 2017 Lima, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used them and I get instant notifications when my SSN is used. I think the price is a little high though.

William Wortman

November 3rd, 2017 Jay, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called to give them another credit and the girl kept asking questions for verification. After several questions I explained I was just calling to give them another credit card. She was very rude so I just canceled.