We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

LifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses.

According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

LifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning and dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company also provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, LifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million-dollar protection package.

This million-dollar protection package covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and childcare, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

LifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month.

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not appear to provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves.

Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software.

Some other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expenses and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed mobile app, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

LifeLock has three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose from.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal. LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Phone alerts are made during normal local business hours.

View Best Identity Theft Protection Companies

4.0

Jeff Stewart
October 14th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS

I’ve used it and been warned of some credit applications that were not authorized.

Oct 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member. Sincerely, Kristen Tifft LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Gail Strother
October 10th, 2019 Bentonville, AR DETAILS

I use lifeLock and it gives me peace of mind to know that my accounts are being monitored for unusual activity, . It was easy to set up and I like that I get monthly emails to let me know if there has been any activity on my accounts.

Oct 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place. Thank you for choosing LifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day! Sincerely, Kristen Tifft LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Don Boren
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

The service is good. I get very non-specific alerts all the time that have nothing to do with actual breaches to my identity. They make me do the work to see if I was affected or not.

Amy Boren
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have been paying for this service for a couple of years and they are very reliable. They are fast to contact us with concerns and contact us to let us know that all is well.

Alyssa Boren
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We have loved this company. They are very thorough, and we get notified promptly whenever there is a concern. Even if all is well they send us an email saying that.

Oct 07, 2019

Becky
October 3rd, 2019 Livingston, TX DETAILS

We've had LifeLock on my account and my husbands for probably for or 5 years. I can't say I'm real impressed. I usually hear the news in the media before I get an email from them. I need to look and see what all they are supposed to cover because I had a credit card hacked and almost $5,000 charged and didn't hear a thing from LifeLock.

Oct 14, 2019

LifeLock contacted this consumer on 10/14/2019 to address her concerns.

kristin Gneiting
September 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I trust my protection with LifeLock. We used to have Norton but now they are one company giving me all the protection I need. I have identity protection as well as protection for my devices and when I am online I have privacy protection as well. I feel very safe with the Norton technology and with that antivirus software!

Sep 25, 2019

Craig
May 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

LifeLock has been awesome in the time I have had a subscription. They have already taken care of one circumstance that would have been a headache. The price is next to nothing compared to what they cover. I will always use LifeLock!

Reese
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used LifeLock when I had some of my information stolen and my identity compromised. They helped me to make sure no one was using my information for their gain and they tried to but LifeLock warned me and I was ahead of the bad guys. Great service for a good price.

Dean
May 14th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

LifeLock is such a mental relief. When you hear about people getting their identities stolen on a daily basis its hard to not want a product that takes care of things. I love the price and alerts that I receive when things are out of place. I have added my whole family to my plan and that will tell you what I think of LifeLock.

Jennifer
May 13th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

I have had LifeLock for me and my family for a couple years now. Before signing up I was skeptical that I would even use it. LifeLock has helped my family out 3 different times with people trying to steal our identity and social security numbers. I know that I would have spent a ton of money and a lot of time if we didn't have LifeLock. Get it if you don't have it!

Ashley
May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I feel very secure with LIfeLock. They are combined with Norton Security that detects spyware and viruses. LifeLock makes me feel safe because that worry is off my shoulders. They detect things like Unauthorized usps address change or information on the dark web. All kinds of crazy stuff out there, go to sleep at night feeling safe and protected with LifeLock.

Marie
March 20th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

Way too expensive for an ineffective service. My husband and I had about 5 id theft attempts in a year. Lifelock did not report One incident, but the banks/credit card companies did! Useless and overpriced. I signed up with Zander Insurance for a fraction of the price ($145/yr), and it includes my entire family, even minor children. Oh, and the credit card that was used for recurring billing was compromised too, and again Lifelock had no clue. Chase bank called me immediately and shut the card down.

Lindsey B
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Overall great experience working with LifeLock. Its nice to know that your identity is being protected 100% of the time. The pricing is great for the services offered and I will continue to use this service. Everything is clearly outlined on their website and its very easy to know exactly what you are signing up for.

Jeff Blackett
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

LifeLock helps with peace of mind knowing that if your identity is ever compromised they will take care of it. They offer a very extensive amount of methods to make sure that your identity is safe. The price is great and the level of customer service is more than expected. I highly recommend LifeLock to anyone.

Brennan
February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

A must have is the best way to explain it. I have had LifeLock for a while now and they helped me deal with an identity theft situation. They were able to resolve it quickly without me having to go out of my way. I can only imagine the nightmare it would have taken for me to face the situation without LifeLock.

JAKE
February 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

After I had some of my personal information stolen we researched a few companies and chose Life Lock. It was a little nerve wracking choosing the right company after your information has been stolen but we were happy we chose it. Sign up was easy and monitoring was good. It was comforting having a company to help protect your credit.

Brody B
February 7th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Great product for peace of mind! LifeLock has a great service for a great price. With so many data breaches happening every year its nice to know that my identity is protected with LifeLock. I would highly recommend this service to absolutely everyone!

Hailey Nilson
January 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

LifeLock is a lifesaver. I got a potential threat of a stolen identity and they notified me immediately through text and email. Also, they're willing to reimburse stolen funds due to identity theft depending on your plan.

Steve schramm
October 16th, 2018 Salem, UT DETAILS

They help provide me peace of mind for data security. Delivered the service contracted for but the fee structure is too high.

Ron Durfey
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Very happy with this service. Cost is kind of expensive. But love the warranty and the ability to feel secure.

Kris
August 23rd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Purchased after our credit cards were compromised. I also had my senior parents purchase as well and feel very secure with this company.

Bri Graham
July 25th, 2018 Broadbent, OR

My social security card and driver's were still enjoying from me. We used life lock to make sure no one was using my card.

king
July 12th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS

They monitor my credit after I got hacked. They notified me even for little stuff that’s pretty refreshing

Alicia Holman
July 11th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I attempted to become a customer, but wasn't comfortable with the level of security. I was recommended by a friend, so I thought I would try it, but it wasn't very user friendly and didn't give me a secure feeling. If I'm going to entrust all of my information with an online company, I think there should be a customer service person involved.

Troy Siren
June 27th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Absolutely a great product after having my credit hacked into.

Hunter Kasprzyk
June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

The commercials act like its going to save you from getting your life destroyed by an identity thief but the service is pretty ridiculous. If anyone is careful with their information online they should never need this.

Dean Shrouder
May 15th, 2018 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

Just had my identity stolen called LifeLock they gave me a bunch of information on who to contact about my stolen identity s*** what am I paying these people for if I have to call the credit bureaus and do all the hard work total waste of money go to your local bank did absolutely nothing for me just telling me all the stuff that they do sound like a commercial ad on the phone with the girl but after I got finished talking I had 20 phone numbers that I had to call and tell them about my identity-theft you don't need LifeLock you can do it on your own

Robert Rogers
February 16th, 2018 Hudson Falls, NY DETAILS

My wife and I have life lock basic for a yr now. Two times I have opened a new charge acc. In a department store and received a notice during the transaction if it was me. I like life lock to the point of up grading. It has been 4 months now and still can't up grade.

Bruce Reed
February 15th, 2018 White Lake, MI DETAILS

Opened savings account at new bank. All personal information entered by new bank. Informed by manager that I would receive email or text soon from LifeLock. Not a single notification. Called them to complain. Oh well... we don’t report on all new account activity. We don’t monitor all financial institutions. What good are they???

Chantanee Saejao
January 30th, 2018 Union City, CA DETAILS

Since my identity was stolen many years ago, I decided I need a protection. Ever since then I have been a member of LifeLocks and I have been happy with the company. I get notification every time someone/company uses my name, SSN, etc to run credit or for whatever use. I always receive email notifications. Also, when I run into a problem, LiftLock rep has been very helpful and they take care of my issues. For example, a few years ago i got a notification that someone has used my SSN to open a bank account. I clicked "NO" it wasn't me on the notification and I called them right away. The rep looked into the issue and said that he will contact me. Within the same day, he contacted me back and everything was resolved. I didn't have to do anything. When I moved mid last year, I updated my info with my bank and I immediately got a notification of account update. Also, I just leased a new car this month and I got a notification that a company had run my credit within a day or two. Again, I have been happy with LifeLock and I will continue with be their loyal customer for many years to come.

Duane Stewart
January 22nd, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

When reviewing a major credit card statement online, I found 2 transactions that were unfamiliar and way out of character for my purchase history...foreign air travel...never previously used airline...foreign names used....high purchase amounts....last minute travel purchase! Lifelock has never sent a legitimate alert other than sex offenders thou I have several fraudulent purchases made on cards a year requiring cc changes. Now I am told by the foreign customer service representative that that my twice upgraded plan does not cover financial transactions and liability coverage is only $100,000. I have been a member for many years and when I initially signed up, the coverage was for transactions and $1M coverage and over the years I have upgraded to receive extra coverage benefits. I now see that my current upgraded plan does not exist and has been replaced by the advantage plan which has diminished benefits and have been encouraged to upgrade again to the next higher plan to receive the protection I had initially paid for and continued to upgrade to receive. I am finding that my membership fee is simply paying the premium for the insurance company that is ultimately responsible for fraud losses (if you can get them to cover them). Prices continue to go up (with new and wonderful plans) but coverage (if it really exists) is degraded...they keep moving the bar with each new plan. Will be canceling as I see no evidence of monitoring the several fraudulent transaction I get a year with extensive use of one credit card.

Diane Gembala
January 17th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

Just happened to check my credit this evening. Said I had TWO mortgages. (I have ONE.) No notification from LifeLock and they told me that they couldn’t help me and that I had to call each credit company and open a wrong info claim! Argh!! Contacted credit bureaus... Different name came up with MY SS# at one, another said my SS# was wrong and couldn’t pull up ANY info, 3rd one confirmed I have 2 mortgages! Whaaa?! That’s what I am paying these morons to monitor! Don’t waste your money!

PJ
January 8th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

A huge bank gave me a credit card after my application and never heard from Lifelock. They can't tell me if the bank is within their network or not, NOR will they monitor every exchange with an institution. I get that for smaller organizations, but for a huge national bank, it's a flaw in their system. Horribly unhelpful agents (2 calls) becoming very defensive. Dropping this service and changing to another.

Linda Edwards
November 15th, 2017 Columbia, SC DETAILS

You can make the experience better by posting this review for me and by making it so that I can login without use of social media. I had LifeLock for a very short time. Whether or not their services are effective, I cannot say, but use of my identity was rendered unto me alone before, while, and after giving them my business. I leave them one star because they sent me a letter through the post and in bold print was the phrase, "We miss you..." A company known to protect identities blatantly announces to anyone who happens to see your mail that your identity is not protected, therefore theirs for the compromising...? Bad form.

Dirk Lebowski
November 14th, 2017 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

I recently opened a home equity line of credit. Both Discover and Credit Karma sent alerts about a new account on my credit report. (Both services are free). Lifelock never sent an alert. I contacted LifeLock and ended up talking to someone overseas who read from a script. Every email I sent was met with boiler plate verbiage never addressing me personally. I finally cancelled the service as I lost trust that LifeLock has any ability to proactively protect their customers.

Skip
November 6th, 2017 Lima, OH DETAILS

I have used them and I get instant notifications when my SSN is used. I think the price is a little high though.

William Wortman
November 3rd, 2017 Jay, OK DETAILS

I called to give them another credit and the girl kept asking questions for verification. After several questions I explained I was just calling to give them another credit card. She was very rude so I just canceled.

rodney mayo
November 2nd, 2017 Lake Worth, FL DETAILS

Absolutely horrific customer service! I had fraud on my bank account where someone started a bank account in my name at a different bank and made transfers, Lifelock took 2 months to even investigate and then said they could not help in any way. Not to mention customer service was rude and unconcerned. They also get paid by the credit bureaus so they really are not on the consumers side. Complete waist of time and money. Put a credit block on your credit reports which is free and way more effective

MK
October 24th, 2017 Chantilly, VA DETAILS

So LifeLock is owned by Equifax and if you were one of the millions whos information was breached, I would NOT recommend them.

Jill
October 10th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

I didn't find LifeLock to be that useful and it was way more expensive for not much in the way of getting any useful help.

AM
October 3rd, 2017 Honolulu, HI

Ugh where do I start?? First of all, it took me seven separate calls / transfers at Lifelock to actually help me to finally open an account. How many staff members do you actually need to get an enrollment correct? I could not open an account on their website because "They could not verify my identity". Hm, normal, I changed my name, moved to several different locations within the last few years. Rep #1: I was on hold for about 30 minutes before someone answered. The rep had me spell out every single piece of personal information. Normal. Read me a ton of disclosures. She said she couldn't sign me up for the Ultimate Plus plan and could only sign me up for the Basic plan. But she could transfer me to Member services who would be able to upgrade my plan. Rep #2: So I got transferred, waited another 30 minutes on hold, and finally connected to someone. Member services told me they could not upgrade me to the Ultimate plan. They said they would delete my basic plan and start the process all over again. Read ALL of the disclosures again even though I said I already heard them and had me repeat ALL my personal information again. After all that, she still couldn't sign me up for the Ultimate plan because they couldn't "verify my identity". So we nixed the signup process. She said to call a credit bureau and confirm my information so next time I call Lifelock, I could give them the correct information. Note: All my information has been updated including my name on all government documents. Call #3: Credit bureau (not Equifax)- got to someone right away. The rep confirmed my new name, address, and phone number. Call #4: Called back Lifelock, waited 40 minutes this time for someone to take my call. Went through the enrollment process AGAIN. Yes all the *beep* disclosures (that could easily be read online, signed by me online, or sent to me after the call) were read to me AGAIN. I had to repeat ALL my information twice to the rep. Great fun. The rep said the same thing, sorry we can't sign you up for the Ultimate plan but we can sign you up for the basic. They went to confirm with their supervisor. "Oh the website is down now due to the large amount of users trying to enroll at the same time" she said. "Can you try again tomorrow morning?" Call #5: Next morning: Was on hold for 30 minutes again, the rep finally picked up, I said I had 5 minutes before my meeting started, I said I'm going to hang up. She said, "Its okay I can speed read the disclosures" She proceeded to read the disclosures extremely SLOW and took about 3 mins to do so. I gave her some of my information but had to go for my meeting and didn't have time for their shenanigans this time. Call #6: On hold for another 40 mins this time. Rep picked up and proceeded to go through the entire enrollment process again. Read ALL the *beep* disclosures (I hate them all now) and had me repeat my personal information twice AGAIN. She said she still couldn't sign me up for the Ultimate plan. She talked to the supervisor and said "Maybe we can trick the website and sign up your spouse as the primary and you as the secondary". So we did that. I gave all of the information and she said that now my spouse was the primary and I was the secondary on the account. But I wanted to be the primary, I didnt want my spouse to have to call in whenever I needed them to etc. I handle everything in the household. So she said she could transfer me to member services who could help me change the order of primary vs secondary on our account. Call #7: Transferred to member services (on hold for another 40 mins). Joe (the first coherent rep I spoke to throughout this whole process) said I didn't have an account setup for me. Just my spouse. OH WOW. NOT A SURPRISE. So the information from the rep on the previous call was ALL WRONG. She didn't sign me up for an account, just my spouse. Seriously?? So I went through the whole enrollment process again with Joe who actually helped me get a separate Basic plan (I am basically annoyed with everything and just settle for this plan already). He said I could cancel my spouse's plan if I didn't want it. BUT they needed my spouse to grant me third party access so I could cancel the account) And I didn't want a plan for my spouse (they didn't even want one after hearing about my issues with Lifelock) so I said I would call back with my spouse on the line later. Call #8 (Bonus call): I call back with my spouse on the line. Waited 30 minutes on hold, got hung up on, called back again, waited on hold for another 30 mins. I told the rep that my spouse was on the line this time and we needed to cancel the account. The rep needed to confirm a few qualifying questions and then I was given third party access to cancel. The rep said he couldn't find my billing information and needed to talk to the billing admin. Really?? I just gave all MY personal billing information to the rep yesterday to start the account, why did Lifelock not have it? Where did the information go? So I confirmed MY card that I used yesterday to start the account for my spouse. The rep still "couldn't find my information" but could "update the account" for me. WOW REALLY?? He then proceeded to ask me whether the full amount billed could be charged on my card and for me to respond with "Yes" or "No". I said "Well if there are no charges because I started this account yesterday then Yes" He said "I have to read the question again and you can only respond with Yes or No" At this point I am livid, the entire process was terrible. Finally got things taken care of and was happy to hang up, hoping never to talk to Lifelock again. In my opinion, the reps at Lifelock need training and they need to all be on the same page with procedures. Who ever manages this company really needs to learn how to operate an actual company. This type of situation would never fly with any company I see out there nowadays.

scot Hobert
September 20th, 2017 Burbank, CA

I am a current paying customer of LifeLock. On 9/14 I purchased a new car, within minutes of the auto dealership and JP Morgan Chase made an inquiry to my credit, CREDIT KARMA notified me of the inquiry stating who was checking my credit. LifeLock, even though they claim to have your back and notify you of such inquiries did not and has not since that date. I attempted to contact LifeLock by phone, good luck! They claim they are too busy right now due to the Equifax breach, I tried every which phone option to speak with a live person and kept getting their inept computer robot, when I finally got to an option I could wait to speak with a live person, I was told it was a 55 minute wait. I sent them a memo through their website, they have not answered, I tweeted to them, they have not answered and I sent a message through Facebook, they have not answered. This company is profiteering from the Equifax breach, they are instilling false security and they are not available to their consumers. It's obvious that they have not brought on additional people to handle the volume of calls and are just operating business as usual. I have filed a complaint with the State of California Attorney General for fraudulent business practices and with the BBB and will continue to post everywhere I can to warn hardworking people to not waste their money or time as this company does not do what they claim to do. You cannot even just go onto their website and cancel your subscription, you have to send them a memo and they will get back to you. Its a sham and they are a fraud people, save your money and use a company that actually does what they claim to.

William Yost
September 18th, 2017 Syracuse, NY

I joined Lifelock and on the site, there is a place to read your credit score. It says if your score does not show up in 24 hours to give them a call. It didn't and I did. I called at 5pm after work and after pushing through prompt after prompt was told to say my name clearly. They could not find my name, so I was put on hold. After 60 minutes (was told approximate wait time was 40) , I had to just call back another time; later at night this time and went throught the same thing, only this time I was told my approximate wait time was now 67 minutes. Couldn't do it. Throughout the week, the same scenario happened another 4 times until I FINALLY got someone...with a very think Indian accent I could hardly understand. All I got was fast talking and "um..." between every other word. Now on the site, it says "US based customer service"...yeah...okay. So after not being able to find me in the system, which was odd since they charged my card after all, he said he was going to pass me onto someone who could help. I got more prompts and was then told that my approximate wait time was 80 minutes. It was at this point that I said "forget it" and requested cancellation of my service. It wasn't worth the headache. They say the recent data breach with Equifax is the cause for such long hold times and I get that, but they should still have a team of people to deal with everyday membership issues so those of us who were not affected don't have to wait for almost 2 hours to get something done that takes less than 5 minutes. Really wanted to like this place, but I'm afraid it's a no.

Deanna
September 14th, 2017 Rockvale, TN

Pulled up the Website and it came back that my service was canceled. Called Lifelock and was put on hold for an hour and 25 mins., I called them at 5:30 in the morning and still had a long wait time. I was not very happy, 1st of all that I was canceled and 2 nd of all the wait time to be on the phone with them. Then I was told I was only thru Norton that it was showing canceled, but yet I was in Lifelocks website.

Derek
September 11th, 2017 VA

Used to be an ok company but I continue to have issues with their website and their customer service has seriously gone down hill. I just received a response that basically said they had addressed my concerned when they obviously have not. It is just one problem after another and I will not trust such a company with such a critical service.

Flynn Billy J.
September 1st, 2017 Eugene, OR

Charging their service at $9.99 when advertised at $8.99 and we didn't sign up for their service !

Cynthia Sample
August 8th, 2017 Clarksville, TN

I canceled my membership with LifeLock due to someone stole my identity. LifeLock handled my case like it was inapplicable. They informed me that its going to take three days for an investigator to call me. She opened an account and drivers license using my social and you want me to wait three days? During that time she can buy a car, open more accounts and take out a loan. No, Im not going to sit here and wait three days!!!!

Angela cherie Castillo
August 3rd, 2017 Redding, CA

After the train-wreck election 2016 i asked lifelock 4 voter identity theft protection. & their answer was that they only protect 'consumers' from harmful impersonation wtF?

Em
July 31st, 2017 Spokane, WA

My husband called to get information on their services did not give our card information and said he needed time to talk to me & think about purchasing through them. He unfortunately did give his personal information though. What do I find today? $118.79 charge from Lifelock. We try calling to find out how they could charge our account and they keep wanting to send us to an automated system, to which we do not have a passcode for. After a 15min phone call they claim they will reverse the charges they did not have authority to pull. If they don't, I will be reporting this to my bank as a fraudulent charge!