LifeLock

a month ago

LifeLock

verified
Get 10% OFF + 30 Days FREE

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides protection against identity thieves to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send alerts to customers of any suspicious activity and will address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan.

The Good

• Identity Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing

Identity Protection

LifeLock provides several identity protection services in an effort to catch theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple services to ensure that each customer receives the protection and security they desire.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney and lost wallet protection, as well as assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Support

LifeLock customers have access to around-the-clock, US-based customer service representatives. The company will notify customers immediately (via fraud alerts) of fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information 24/7 so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock consumers have a choice of three identity protection plans to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity protection plans. All three plans include social security number and credit alerts. Within in the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allows customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in their identity protection and security.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers. Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers are forced to pay out-of-pocket costs for additional identity protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their service packages to further customer satisfaction and safety.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive identity protection and identity restoration services, in addition to up to $1 million in identity theft insurance and around-the-clock customer support. The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other identity protection companies. LifeLock offers three identity protection plans that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes alerts as well annual credit reports and credit scores, etc.  The one major downside of the company is that it does not provide antivirus software which limits customers from additional protection. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed.  Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at: LifeLock.com/legal.

Bri Graham
July 25th, 2018 Broadbent, OR

My social security card and driver's were still enjoying from me. We used life lock to make sure no one was using my card.

king
July 12th, 2018 Queen Creek, AZ DETAILS

They monitor my credit after I got hacked. They notified me even for little stuff that’s pretty refreshing

Alicia Holman
July 11th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I attempted to become a customer, but wasn't comfortable with the level of security. I was recommended by a friend, so I thought I would try it, but it wasn't very user friendly and didn't give me a secure feeling. If I'm going to entrust all of my information with an online company, I think there should be a customer service person involved.

Troy Siren
June 27th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Absolutely a great product after having my credit hacked into.

Hunter Kasprzyk
June 25th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

The commercials act like its going to save you from getting your life destroyed by an identity thief but the service is pretty ridiculous. If anyone is careful with their information online they should never need this.

Dean Shrouder
May 15th, 2018 Hollywood, FL DETAILS

Just had my identity stolen called LifeLock they gave me a bunch of information on who to contact about my stolen identity s*** what am I paying these people for if I have to call the credit bureaus and do all the hard work total waste of money go to your local bank did absolutely nothing for me just telling me all the stuff that they do sound like a commercial ad on the phone with the girl but after I got finished talking I had 20 phone numbers that I had to call and tell them about my identity-theft you don't need LifeLock you can do it on your own

Robert Rogers
February 16th, 2018 Hudson Falls, NY DETAILS

My wife and I have life lock basic for a yr now. Two times I have opened a new charge acc. In a department store and received a notice during the transaction if it was me. I like life lock to the point of up grading. It has been 4 months now and still can't up grade.

Bruce Reed
February 15th, 2018 White Lake, MI DETAILS

Opened savings account at new bank. All personal information entered by new bank. Informed by manager that I would receive email or text soon from LifeLock. Not a single notification. Called them to complain. Oh well... we don’t report on all new account activity. We don’t monitor all financial institutions. What good are they???

Chantanee Saejao
January 30th, 2018 Union City, CA DETAILS

Since my identity was stolen many years ago, I decided I need a protection. Ever since then I have been a member of LifeLocks and I have been happy with the company. I get notification every time someone/company uses my name, SSN, etc to run credit or for whatever use. I always receive email notifications. Also, when I run into a problem, LiftLock rep has been very helpful and they take care of my issues. For example, a few years ago i got a notification that someone has used my SSN to open a bank account. I clicked "NO" it wasn't me on the notification and I called them right away. The rep looked into the issue and said that he will contact me. Within the same day, he contacted me back and everything was resolved. I didn't have to do anything. When I moved mid last year, I updated my info with my bank and I immediately got a notification of account update. Also, I just leased a new car this month and I got a notification that a company had run my credit within a day or two. Again, I have been happy with LifeLock and I will continue with be their loyal customer for many years to come.

Duane Stewart
January 22nd, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS

When reviewing a major credit card statement online, I found 2 transactions that were unfamiliar and way out of character for my purchase history...foreign air travel...never previously used airline...foreign names used....high purchase amounts....last minute travel purchase! Lifelock has never sent a legitimate alert other than sex offenders thou I have several fraudulent purchases made on cards a year requiring cc changes. Now I am told by the foreign customer service representative that that my twice upgraded plan does not cover financial transactions and liability coverage is only $100,000. I have been a member for many years and when I initially signed up, the coverage was for transactions and $1M coverage and over the years I have upgraded to receive extra coverage benefits. I now see that my current upgraded plan does not exist and has been replaced by the advantage plan which has diminished benefits and have been encouraged to upgrade again to the next higher plan to receive the protection I had initially paid for and continued to upgrade to receive. I am finding that my membership fee is simply paying the premium for the insurance company that is ultimately responsible for fraud losses (if you can get them to cover them). Prices continue to go up (with new and wonderful plans) but coverage (if it really exists) is degraded...they keep moving the bar with each new plan. Will be canceling as I see no evidence of monitoring the several fraudulent transaction I get a year with extensive use of one credit card.

Diane Gembala
January 17th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

Just happened to check my credit this evening. Said I had TWO mortgages. (I have ONE.) No notification from LifeLock and they told me that they couldn’t help me and that I had to call each credit company and open a wrong info claim! Argh!! Contacted credit bureaus... Different name came up with MY SS# at one, another said my SS# was wrong and couldn’t pull up ANY info, 3rd one confirmed I have 2 mortgages! Whaaa?! That’s what I am paying these morons to monitor! Don’t waste your money!

PJ
January 8th, 2018 Chicago, IL DETAILS

A huge bank gave me a credit card after my application and never heard from Lifelock. They can't tell me if the bank is within their network or not, NOR will they monitor every exchange with an institution. I get that for smaller organizations, but for a huge national bank, it's a flaw in their system. Horribly unhelpful agents (2 calls) becoming very defensive. Dropping this service and changing to another.

Linda Edwards
November 15th, 2017 Columbia, SC DETAILS

You can make the experience better by posting this review for me and by making it so that I can login without use of social media. I had LifeLock for a very short time. Whether or not their services are effective, I cannot say, but use of my identity was rendered unto me alone before, while, and after giving them my business. I leave them one star because they sent me a letter through the post and in bold print was the phrase, "We miss you..." A company known to protect identities blatantly announces to anyone who happens to see your mail that your identity is not protected, therefore theirs for the compromising...? Bad form.

Dirk Lebowski
November 14th, 2017 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

I recently opened a home equity line of credit. Both Discover and Credit Karma sent alerts about a new account on my credit report. (Both services are free). Lifelock never sent an alert. I contacted LifeLock and ended up talking to someone overseas who read from a script. Every email I sent was met with boiler plate verbiage never addressing me personally. I finally cancelled the service as I lost trust that LifeLock has any ability to proactively protect their customers.

Skip
November 6th, 2017 Lima, OH DETAILS

I have used them and I get instant notifications when my SSN is used. I think the price is a little high though.

William Wortman
November 3rd, 2017 Jay, OK DETAILS

I called to give them another credit and the girl kept asking questions for verification. After several questions I explained I was just calling to give them another credit card. She was very rude so I just canceled.

rodney mayo
November 2nd, 2017 Lake Worth, FL DETAILS

Absolutely horrific customer service! I had fraud on my bank account where someone started a bank account in my name at a different bank and made transfers, Lifelock took 2 months to even investigate and then said they could not help in any way. Not to mention customer service was rude and unconcerned. They also get paid by the credit bureaus so they really are not on the consumers side. Complete waist of time and money. Put a credit block on your credit reports which is free and way more effective

MK
October 24th, 2017 Chantilly, VA DETAILS

So LifeLock is owned by Equifax and if you were one of the millions whos information was breached, I would NOT recommend them.

Jill
October 10th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ

I didn't find LifeLock to be that useful and it was way more expensive for not much in the way of getting any useful help.

scot Hobert
September 20th, 2017 Burbank, CA

I am a current paying customer of LifeLock. On 9/14 I purchased a new car, within minutes of the auto dealership and JP Morgan Chase made an inquiry to my credit, CREDIT KARMA notified me of the inquiry stating who was checking my credit. LifeLock, even though they claim to have your back and notify you of such inquiries did not and has not since that date. I attempted to contact LifeLock by phone, good luck! They claim they are too busy right now due to the Equifax breach, I tried every which phone option to speak with a live person and kept getting their inept computer robot, when I finally got to an option I could wait to speak with a live person, I was told it was a 55 minute wait. I sent them a memo through their website, they have not answered, I tweeted to them, they have not answered and I sent a message through Facebook, they have not answered. This company is profiteering from the Equifax breach, they are instilling false security and they are not available to their consumers. It's obvious that they have not brought on additional people to handle the volume of calls and are just operating business as usual. I have filed a complaint with the State of California Attorney General for fraudulent business practices and with the BBB and will continue to post everywhere I can to warn hardworking people to not waste their money or time as this company does not do what they claim to do. You cannot even just go onto their website and cancel your subscription, you have to send them a memo and they will get back to you. Its a sham and they are a fraud people, save your money and use a company that actually does what they claim to.

William Yost
September 18th, 2017 Syracuse, NY

I joined Lifelock and on the site, there is a place to read your credit score. It says if your score does not show up in 24 hours to give them a call. It didn't and I did. I called at 5pm after work and after pushing through prompt after prompt was told to say my name clearly. They could not find my name, so I was put on hold. After 60 minutes (was told approximate wait time was 40) , I had to just call back another time; later at night this time and went throught the same thing, only this time I was told my approximate wait time was now 67 minutes. Couldn't do it. Throughout the week, the same scenario happened another 4 times until I FINALLY got someone...with a very think Indian accent I could hardly understand. All I got was fast talking and "um..." between every other word. Now on the site, it says "US based customer service"...yeah...okay. So after not being able to find me in the system, which was odd since they charged my card after all, he said he was going to pass me onto someone who could help. I got more prompts and was then told that my approximate wait time was 80 minutes. It was at this point that I said "forget it" and requested cancellation of my service. It wasn't worth the headache. They say the recent data breach with Equifax is the cause for such long hold times and I get that, but they should still have a team of people to deal with everyday membership issues so those of us who were not affected don't have to wait for almost 2 hours to get something done that takes less than 5 minutes. Really wanted to like this place, but I'm afraid it's a no.

Deanna
September 14th, 2017 Rockvale, TN

Pulled up the Website and it came back that my service was canceled. Called Lifelock and was put on hold for an hour and 25 mins., I called them at 5:30 in the morning and still had a long wait time. I was not very happy, 1st of all that I was canceled and 2 nd of all the wait time to be on the phone with them. Then I was told I was only thru Norton that it was showing canceled, but yet I was in Lifelocks website.

Derek
September 11th, 2017 VA

Used to be an ok company but I continue to have issues with their website and their customer service has seriously gone down hill. I just received a response that basically said they had addressed my concerned when they obviously have not. It is just one problem after another and I will not trust such a company with such a critical service.

AM
October 3rd, 2017 Honolulu, HI

Ugh where do I start?? First of all, it took me seven separate calls / transfers at Lifelock to actually help me to finally open an account. How many staff members do you actually need to get an enrollment correct? I could not open an account on their website because "They could not verify my identity". Hm, normal, I changed my name, moved to several different locations within the last few years. Rep #1: I was on hold for about 30 minutes before someone answered. The rep had me spell out every single piece of personal information. Normal. Read me a ton of disclosures. She said she couldn't sign me up for the Ultimate Plus plan and could only sign me up for the Basic plan. But she could transfer me to Member services who would be able to upgrade my plan. Rep #2: So I got transferred, waited another 30 minutes on hold, and finally connected to someone. Member services told me they could not upgrade me to the Ultimate plan. They said they would delete my basic plan and start the process all over again. Read ALL of the disclosures again even though I said I already heard them and had me repeat ALL my personal information again. After all that, she still couldn't sign me up for the Ultimate plan because they couldn't "verify my identity". So we nixed the signup process. She said to call a credit bureau and confirm my information so next time I call Lifelock, I could give them the correct information. Note: All my information has been updated including my name on all government documents. Call #3: Credit bureau (not Equifax)- got to someone right away. The rep confirmed my new name, address, and phone number. Call #4: Called back Lifelock, waited 40 minutes this time for someone to take my call. Went through the enrollment process AGAIN. Yes all the *beep* disclosures (that could easily be read online, signed by me online, or sent to me after the call) were read to me AGAIN. I had to repeat ALL my information twice to the rep. Great fun. The rep said the same thing, sorry we can't sign you up for the Ultimate plan but we can sign you up for the basic. They went to confirm with their supervisor. "Oh the website is down now due to the large amount of users trying to enroll at the same time" she said. "Can you try again tomorrow morning?" Call #5: Next morning: Was on hold for 30 minutes again, the rep finally picked up, I said I had 5 minutes before my meeting started, I said I'm going to hang up. She said, "Its okay I can speed read the disclosures" She proceeded to read the disclosures extremely SLOW and took about 3 mins to do so. I gave her some of my information but had to go for my meeting and didn't have time for their shenanigans this time. Call #6: On hold for another 40 mins this time. Rep picked up and proceeded to go through the entire enrollment process again. Read ALL the *beep* disclosures (I hate them all now) and had me repeat my personal information twice AGAIN. She said she still couldn't sign me up for the Ultimate plan. She talked to the supervisor and said "Maybe we can trick the website and sign up your spouse as the primary and you as the secondary". So we did that. I gave all of the information and she said that now my spouse was the primary and I was the secondary on the account. But I wanted to be the primary, I didnt want my spouse to have to call in whenever I needed them to etc. I handle everything in the household. So she said she could transfer me to member services who could help me change the order of primary vs secondary on our account. Call #7: Transferred to member services (on hold for another 40 mins). Joe (the first coherent rep I spoke to throughout this whole process) said I didn't have an account setup for me. Just my spouse. OH WOW. NOT A SURPRISE. So the information from the rep on the previous call was ALL WRONG. She didn't sign me up for an account, just my spouse. Seriously?? So I went through the whole enrollment process again with Joe who actually helped me get a separate Basic plan (I am basically annoyed with everything and just settle for this plan already). He said I could cancel my spouse's plan if I didn't want it. BUT they needed my spouse to grant me third party access so I could cancel the account) And I didn't want a plan for my spouse (they didn't even want one after hearing about my issues with Lifelock) so I said I would call back with my spouse on the line later. Call #8 (Bonus call): I call back with my spouse on the line. Waited 30 minutes on hold, got hung up on, called back again, waited on hold for another 30 mins. I told the rep that my spouse was on the line this time and we needed to cancel the account. The rep needed to confirm a few qualifying questions and then I was given third party access to cancel. The rep said he couldn't find my billing information and needed to talk to the billing admin. Really?? I just gave all MY personal billing information to the rep yesterday to start the account, why did Lifelock not have it? Where did the information go? So I confirmed MY card that I used yesterday to start the account for my spouse. The rep still "couldn't find my information" but could "update the account" for me. WOW REALLY?? He then proceeded to ask me whether the full amount billed could be charged on my card and for me to respond with "Yes" or "No". I said "Well if there are no charges because I started this account yesterday then Yes" He said "I have to read the question again and you can only respond with Yes or No" At this point I am livid, the entire process was terrible. Finally got things taken care of and was happy to hang up, hoping never to talk to Lifelock again. In my opinion, the reps at Lifelock need training and they need to all be on the same page with procedures. Who ever manages this company really needs to learn how to operate an actual company. This type of situation would never fly with any company I see out there nowadays.

Flynn Billy J.
September 1st, 2017 Eugene, OR

Charging their service at $9.99 when advertised at $8.99 and we didn't sign up for their service !

Cynthia Sample
August 8th, 2017 Clarksville, TN

I canceled my membership with LifeLock due to someone stole my identity. LifeLock handled my case like it was inapplicable. They informed me that its going to take three days for an investigator to call me. She opened an account and drivers license using my social and you want me to wait three days? During that time she can buy a car, open more accounts and take out a loan. No, Im not going to sit here and wait three days!!!!

Angela cherie Castillo
August 3rd, 2017 Redding, CA

After the train-wreck election 2016 i asked lifelock 4 voter identity theft protection. & their answer was that they only protect 'consumers' from harmful impersonation wtF?

Em
July 31st, 2017 Spokane, WA

My husband called to get information on their services did not give our card information and said he needed time to talk to me & think about purchasing through them. He unfortunately did give his personal information though. What do I find today? $118.79 charge from Lifelock. We try calling to find out how they could charge our account and they keep wanting to send us to an automated system, to which we do not have a passcode for. After a 15min phone call they claim they will reverse the charges they did not have authority to pull. If they don't, I will be reporting this to my bank as a fraudulent charge!

Jon Wacker
June 8th, 2017 Grants Pass, OR

Tried to enroll online @ lifelock.com. Saw no indication of how or where to enter the promo code without first signing up for full price. When I called the customer service line, 800-416-0599, the representative said she had no knowledge of the online enrollment process, but could sign me up over the phone, after having already spent 20 minutes navigating the website and entering my personal information, I had no desire to begin the process again, and told her so. She then offered to transfer my call to the sales department, which "might" be able to answer my questions about where to enter the promo code. After wasting another 5 minutes listening to an automated menu, I was told, by the robot, that they needed me to enter my account number to proceed. Since I evidently had none. I hung up and began looking for alternative providers, which hunt eventually led here. Have a nice day!

Bob
June 1st, 2017 Lovington, NM

They state they will notify you if a new line of credit is applied for. I applied for a auto loan and never did hear anything from lifelock. I called in and rep said not all companies were monitored. I ask him why they did not monitor Bank of America but he did not have an answer. It is not like Bank of America is a small company. Really wondering what I am paying for.

JDP
May 8th, 2017 San Antonio, TX

My wife and I have been with LifeLock since October 2007. I normally receive at least an annual account update which is a report of all credit card accounts and our overall credit status. I feel this is a great process as I would most likely forget to review these myself. Overall I feel that LifeLock is an excellent program that continues to do what I am paying them to do ! I must admit I am shocked that LifeLock does not cover our accounts with some form of antivirus protection , leaving our accounts open for all types of nefarious acts. This is quite disturbing to me as I had no idea or this exposure. .

Susan M Crider
May 5th, 2017 Pinckney, MI

I purchased the basic Lifelock plan, which customer service told me covers any new credit applications. Two weeks ago, I opened a new charge account. I have yet to receive an alert from Lifelock. When I just called customer service, they said that "not all companies participate" with them, so not all credit applications would result in an alert. A new American Express account with a $12,000 limit does not alert me??? The rep wanted to review all of my personal information again, which I assured her that I had just double checked online. They email almost every day with adds, and have my correct telephone number. This service may work beautifully for some people, but I consider this a big failure. I wonder now if I wasted almost $100, but guess I will decide what to do about it tomorrow.

Dallas Adair
January 23rd, 2017 Whitmore Lake, MI

I called life lock, the person I talked to could have cared less...could not believe this was the person possibly trying to sell me on this plan....not sure what happened but I think she actually hung up on me.... I called another competitor .....

ccassirer
January 23rd, 2017 Allentown, PA

They need to hire a GOOD technical support team that understand there network. I have had a problem with Lifelock for 6 months, they were never able to fix the problem. There response to my problem was cancel their service they can't help me. Unbelievable

Dave
November 11th, 2016 Morton Grove, IL

Having had problems with my identity theft, I chose LifeLock to assist me, in the future, if there would be more problems arising. I selected their middle program, and this month my subscription was up for renewal. Instead of renewing, i cancelled....There were 3 different instances where LifeLock should have notified me of someone looking into my credit situation. Applied for a loan, applied for a new credit card, and notified that someone fraudulently used my social security number to apply for a credit card with an approximate $4,900 plus balance. Never heard one word from Lifelock of goings on with my credit reports. Upon canceling their service, i received apologies....sorry, apologies for slipping thru the cracks did not do it

greg rhodes
October 25th, 2016 Irving, TX

Member for 4 years. Had SSN stolen and no help or advice. Just learned that wife (also a member) had SSN stolen last year (discovered through credit check) and no alert or info from Lifelock. Called to ask and was given std info spiel on services and disclaimer. Cancelled account. No alerts, no agent, no advice, no help.

Craig
October 18th, 2016 Boise, ID

So far, so good! I have been a member of LifeLock for over 3 years. In that time they have sent me over a dozen different notifications regarding attempts on my identity. In each and every case, a resolution was made, keeping my credit safe. I have been very pleased with their performance on my behalf.

Neil C Dunn
September 26th, 2016 Concord, NC

Get an alert to call them and there is never anyone to talk to. Been a member for years and will be cancelling. They are a JOKE!

Alice
September 5th, 2016 Albany, CA

When I was a victim of identity fraud/theft it was almost impossible for me to reach somebody who was supposed to be my "agent". And when I finally got a real person, due only to my demanding to speak to a person, she was hurried and rude and unhelpful. I honestly don't don't what I will do now.I agree with Jeff's description of their terrible customer service.

Jeff
August 1st, 2016 Houston, TX

I had an issue with someone opening a fraudulent credit card in my name. I had LifeLock for over 6 years when this occurred. LifeLock sent an alert within a couple of hours of the credit inquiry. That is the good part. Other than sending me an alert about the credit inquiry, they really were no help with anything else. Their customer service is very inefficient and frustrating to deal with. They seem to be compartmentalized regarding their operation and no person I spoke with knew what the other was doing. When I called I always talked to a new person who had not reference for my issue, and I had to keep regurgitating the facts over and over again. LifeLock's 1 Million insurance will not cover any legal fees if you plan on bringing an action against the credit card company, who in my case was grossly negligent. I called the credit card company myself, but got the run around. I then contacted the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and made an online complaint through them. Believe it or not, I got an email from the executive office of the credit card company within 48 hours referencing my complaint with the CFPB, and after a week or so the credit card company acknowledged their mistake. IMHO, LifeLock's service is overpriced for what you get compared to other service providers.