Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Identity Guard

Identity Guard Logo

Identity Guard

Identity protection services starting at $19.99 per month

Identity Guard is a product of Intersections, Inc. and was created to provide all consumers with the opportunity to receive the trusted expertise and protection that was previously only offered to financial institutions. Identity Guard is a leading provider of consumer and corporate identity risk management services. According to the Identity Guard website, the company's mission is to "educate and empower every person to take control of their personal information to avoid fraud, theft, or misrepresentation of their information." Some of the services that Identity Guard offers include personal risk assessment, proactive action steps, quarterly credit scores and credit reports from all three major credit bureaus, around-the-clock monitoring and alerts, and $1 million in stolen funds reimbursements insurance.

#1 IdentityIQ Logo IdentityIQ ›

7.1

Overall
Score

#2 MyIDCare Logo MyIDCare ›

6.6

Overall
Score

#3 Complete ID Logo Complete ID ›

6.1

Overall
Score

#9 Identity Guard Logo Identity Guard ›

3.9

Overall
Score

The Good

• Monitoring Services
  • Plans and Prices
  • Data Breach Security
  • Insurance
  • Digital Protection

Monitoring Services

Identity Guard offers comprehensive identity theft protection services and packages which include credit monitoring services, internet scanning, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, public record monitoring, fraud alerts, and credit freezes. Because Identity Guard provides so many monitoring services, it is much more likely that identity theft will be caught and shut down before it actually happens. All of the monitoring services that Identity Guard offers to protect against identity thieves run 24/7 which is designed to help customers keep a peace of mind. Identity Guard provides these monitoring services for everything from a customer's bank account (including checking account and savings account) to lost wallet protection and/or data breach security.

Plans and Prices

Identity Guard offers three plans: the Advanced Technology Identity Guard with Watson plan, the Quarterly Three-Bureau Credit Updates Identity Guard Total Protection plan, and the Monthly Credit Report data Platinum plan. The Watson plan costs $19.99 per month and includes IBM Watson artificial intelligence, proactive action steps, and a personal risk assessment. The Total Protection plan also costs $19.99 per month and includes quarterly credit scores and credit reports, 24/7 monitoring and alerts, and $1 million insurance for stolen funds. Lastly, the Platinum plan costs $24.99 per month and includes monthly credit scores and credit reports, 24/7 monitoring and alerts, as well as $1 million insurance for stolen funds. All of Identity Guard's plans prices are fairly priced in comparison to other identity theft protection companies.

Data Breach Security

The company offers two data breach services which includes data breach readiness and data breach response. Identity Guard allows organizations to prepare for data breaches by providing organizations with network scans, data monitoring, employee security awareness training, an official Data Breach Readiness Guide, and other identity theft protection tools as well as online educational tools/resources that organizations can use to get their systems ready to protect against future data breaches. Organizations will have the opportunity to plan out and develop a coordinated response to data breaches with Identity Guard's data breach readiness service. The Identity Guard data breach response service allows organizations to get the help and support they need to restore their customers' and investors' confidence levels post-breach and will provide organizations with a designated breach team and in-class products to help their affected customer base after a breach occurs.

Insurance

Identity Guard customers receive up to $1 million in identity theft insurance coverage, which reimburses them for theft-related expenses in the event of identity theft. For example, the policy covers lost wages of $2,000 per week for up to five weeks, travel expenses of up to $1,000 per policy period, and spousal and child care of up to $2,000 per policy period. Identity Guard is partnered with AIG (a multinational insurance corporation that is based in the U.S.) to provide customers with $1 million in cash in case a customer becomes a victim of identity theft. Those who do fall victim to identity theft are assigned to a resolution specialist who will help monitor the customer's data for a total of three months post-resolution in order to provide protection against future identity theft incidents that may occur.

Digital Protection

One of Identity Guard's most standout features is a digital privacy protection suite. The company offers anti-virus software, password protection, malicious website blocking, ad blocking, flash blocking, tracking cookie blocking, phishing site blocking, keyboard encryption software, and online financial tools. Identity Guard also provides customers with a social privacy manager and an anti-phishing mobile app. Identity Guard used automated settings to strengthen online privacy for individuals and families in regards to social media use. Since Identity Guard offers anti-virus and anti-phishing software, customers do not have to pay out-of-pocket costs to obtain their own software. Many other identity protection companies do not offer as much protective software as Identity Guard. The company promises to keep any and all customer information protected by using industry standard encryption.

The Bad

• Limited Recovery Services
  • No Money-Back Guarantee

Limited Recovery Services

Although Identity Guard does offer financial and criminal identity restoration, the company does not assist with medical or tax identity recovery. Additionally, Identity Guard does not work with pre-existing identity conditions (for those who already have a stolen identity) nor does it provide limited power of attorney. Meanwhile, many other companies in the identity theft industry do offer most or all of these services.

No Money-Back Guarantee

Even though customers can cancel their membership/services with Identity Guard at any time, the company does not offer a complete money-back guarantee policy. According to the Identity Guard website, customers are "not entitled to any credit, refund, price adjustment, or any other discount, compensation or recompense for any partial-use or early cancellation." Refunds only seem to be available for special circumstances.

The Bottom Line

Identity Guard offers several monitoring services, three fairly priced plans, data breach services, up to $1 million in identity theft insurance, and a comprehensive privacy total protection suite. However, the company's identity recovery services are somewhat limited and it lacks a complete money-back guarantee policy. Overall, Identity Guard has more positive aspects than negative and is one of the more reliable companies to choose to protect your identity.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

3.2

Brett
March 27th, 2015 San Francisco, CA

Sooooooo hard to log in. I know it has to be secure, but at some point you cross a line that impedes the customer experience. Also, your look is very outdated and I think an improved dashboard and UI/UX Experience would be very beneficial to increase the site navigation experience. Cheers!!

clinell mcpherson
March 27th, 2015 Chicago, IL

Identity Guard is a Great Service. They notify me when there is any activity in or on my Report along with any inquiries. I have no complaints.

James Barringer
March 26th, 2015 Osceola, IN

You people are on top of my accounts and have alerted me when something doesn't look right to you, thanks so very much

Benjamin Rodriguez
March 26th, 2015

I was a victim of identity theft and since joining Identity Guard I receive an alert whenever there is any activity in any of my accounts. I know feel protected and whenever I need to contact them by telephone the attention is awesome. Highly recommend Identity Guard.

Karen Mintz
March 26th, 2015 Mooresville, NC

I have been satisfied with the service I've received without problems and with problems (Ex:Identity Theft online) but the price is higher than what I received on my 1st quote ($7.99) and another company, Life Lock, has offered a much better deal for a much lower price.

Don Wobig
March 26th, 2015 Twinsburg, OH

However, some times the login process does not work the first or second try. That's a pain.

Karon Wood
March 27th, 2015 Mcminnville, TN

Keep me informed of any fraud that might happen. I did have someone get my information and they took care of it for me. I have had no problems and I like that I'm able to keep up with my credit score

Deborah Beall
March 26th, 2015 Fairfield, CT

Identity Guard gives me some level of "peace of mind" related to cyber fraud.

Theda Sharp
March 26th, 2015 Swanton, OH

Feel comfortable that I will get alerts of any irregularities. Have recommended it to a friend who had her account "hacked".

John
March 26th, 2015 Denver, CO

customer service has always been very knowledgeable and courteous. They are never judgmental.

David
March 26th, 2015 Huntersville, NC

Information( especially credit score) is not accurate... I also did not get what was advertised in the way of complete assessment from all 3 credit reporting agencies...

Joel Jones
March 26th, 2015 Baton Rouge, LA

Consistently professional, and accurate. I feel safer having the service.

Ramona Simmons
March 26th, 2015 Raymore, MO

Love the real time notifications. I appreciate your work.

Peter Kahigian
March 26th, 2015 Haverhill, MA

Has exceeded my expectations and I am more than satisfied with the service. Well worth the price for the piece of mind that it provides.

stanley herzog
March 26th, 2015 Geneva, IL

So far it is ok. I did get one notification. It was however an existing bank.

Carl F
March 26th, 2015 Matthews, NC

Identity Guard is the first and only product my wife I have ever used to protect our identities. The ability to get messages and check information is critical to us. Identity Guard was able to inform me when someone else's name was being associated with my SSN. This allowed me to take proactive action to protect my identity. Thank you Identity Guard.

Wayne Standerfer
March 26th, 2015 Duncanville, TX

I have never had a problem with Identity Guard. Their reports are spot on and I have total confidence in their findings. Will continue to subscribe to their services.

William Deaton
March 26th, 2015 Olathe, KS

Notification good No help in getting incorrect entries removed from my public record.

Belinda Thomas
March 26th, 2015 Rogersville, MO

I think everything is fine. I was referred when Chase stopped offering this to their customers because they had used this company. The only issue is that under Chase I could get a printed report sent to me in the mail if I requested it. I did this once a year to keep a history of my closing accounts (not everyone has a printer).

Adena L. Wilson
March 26th, 2015 Boise, ID

I called your toll free number for assistance, and a young man who answered was very professional and knowledgeable, and resolved my issue, which was my own misunderstanding of how to read my report and navigate your website.

Donald Alder
March 26th, 2015 Colorado Springs, CO

Every time I have a question about my account I have received nothing but great help. It doesn't matter what I need everyone I talk to go out of there way to help.

George Cortes
March 26th, 2015 FL

Good service notices for inquires or activity. Like the score updates

Julius Davis
March 26th, 2015 Conyers, GA

I really like having someone monitor all accounts concerning my identification. I like being able to sign into Identity Guard and see my credit scores and able to print a credit report.

robert masotta
March 26th, 2015 Venice, FL

all is well info received is very useful

Deanna Thomas Ward
March 26th, 2015 Chattanooga, TN

Love the job they are doing!

Mohammed B. Sayeed Sr
March 26th, 2015 Addison, IL

My wife & me find it really awesome in strict sense and have peace of our minds now and as before as it used to be with Chase ID Protection before joining Identity Guard

Jessica Thorne
March 26th, 2015 Denver, CO

Love the site and all its capabilities. The app is so limited, though, that I uninstalled it so I could just access it on the internet browser because it was easier.

JASMINE MIKIITA
March 26th, 2015 Scranton, PA

So far I am happy with Identity Guard. You have found a couple of problems but it all turned out correct. You are checking out my computer to be safe and no one hacking into my computer

Edward White
March 26th, 2015 Phoenix, AZ

Nothing....absolutely nothing. Not even the credit report I was supposed to receive

barbara speight
March 26th, 2015 Chesapeake, VA

have trouble getting rid of wrong address. i do like identity guard though.

Benes Trus
March 26th, 2015 Bethesda, MD

It is nice to know that someone is watching out for my credit in these times when everyone else seems to be having problems. Alerts are timely, and so far (knock on wood) there has not been a problem. If there is a future problem, I'm certain identity guard will catch it. BT

Phillip T
March 26th, 2015 Austin, TX

I have been with you guys for a few years now. There's no need for anyone to search for another company for credit and identity theft protection. You get an A+ in my book. Keep up the excellent work Identity Guard.

Anthony Corona
March 26th, 2015 Brookfield, WI

I have used Identity guard for at least 10 years and have been very Happy.

Judith Kirschenman
March 26th, 2015 Roseville, CA

Although it was a minor problem, the person on the phone handled it very professionally and assured me everything was fine. She also helped me enter a new password.

Terry Janis
March 26th, 2015 Tiffin, OH

I feel very safe and confident with Identity Guard watching over my credit cards and accounts. I am comforted receiving monthly e-mails that say everything is fine. And if they aren't, I hear about it in a timely manner.

Leslie
March 26th, 2015 Medford, OR

I feel you do a fine job communicating necessary information from a distance, but = on a personal level I feel neglected. When I receive an occasional "alert" there are times I would like to be able to speak with someone but you funnel all phone calls to the same phone number i.e. inquiries, new service etc. I think there should be a different phone number for your members who receive alerts...this would feel more personal and less worrisome. Will you take the challenge and provide more personal service to your customers?

Michael Mooney
March 26th, 2015 Vero Beach, FL

Excellent! You have kept me informed as to my status regularly. Thank you.

MH
March 26th, 2015 Charles Town, WV

ID Guard provides a wonderful service at a reasonable price. My only complaint is they are not very quick to notify you of changes to your credit report. They send you monthly updates and I was used to getting an email the very same day of the change with my previous security provider.

William E. Burkett
April 8th, 2015 Amherst, MA

I have no prior experience with any Identity Guard competitor. Therefore, I have nothing to compare my Identity Guard experience with. However, I will grade my Identity Guard experience an 8, since I have not had any problems in when interactive with Identity Guard representatives.

Rmaurer
March 26th, 2015 New Orleans, LA

I was s member that came over from Chase. My personal experience with you is outstanding. However, I have been disappointed with new member options for spouse and the Costco membership for family. You are never really upfront with what your memberships include. A bit confusing, bordering on deceptive. conclusion: "older memberships great; newer membership questionable value.