Contact a company – $100 satisfaction guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

GEICO ID Protection

GEICO ID Protection Logo

GEICO ID Protection

Identity protection services starting at $7.99 per month

GEICO, which stands for Government Employees Insurance Company, is an insurance company that was founded in 1939 in Washington, DC. GEICO has developed a partnership with Europ Assistance USA to provide its customers with identity protection services.

#1 IdentityIQ Logo IdentityIQ ›

6.8

Overall
Score

#2 MyIDCare Logo MyIDCare ›

6.6

Overall
Score

#3 LegalShield IDShield Logo LegalShield IDShield ›

6.0

Overall
Score

GEICO ID Protection Logo GEICO ID Protection ›

Insufficient
Reviews

The Good

• Affordable Monthly Rates
  • Monitoring Services
  • CISSP Certified

Affordable Monthly Rates

GEICO offers identity protection plans that start at $7.99 per month.

Monitoring Services

GEICO provides its customers with a number of monitoring services, including credit monitoring, internet monitoring, and social security number monitoring. The company also offers fraud alerts and credit freezes to better prevent identity theft.

CISSP Certified

GEICO is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional. To earn this certification, companies must have several years of experience and pass the CISSP exam.

The Bad

• No Insurance
  • Limited Recovery Services

No Insurance

GEICO does not provide its customers with any identity theft insurance, which is somewhat strange considering the fact that GEICO is an insurance company.

Limited Recovery Services

GEICO's recovery services are limited to medical identity restoration. The company does not assist with financial, criminal, or tax identity recovery.

Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

GEICO offers affordable identity protection plans, several monitoring services, and is CISSP certified. However, the company does not offer identity theft insurance and its recovery services are limited.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

3.4

Julia Rencoukos
November 16th, 2017 Ocala, FL DETAILS

I absolutely love Geico! Best customer service of ALL time! I wouldn’t change to another company EVEN if my policy was cheaper! Start to finish and EVERYTHING in between they handle everything with a smile and I’m always left feeling happy! Thank you Geico!

Sheila Veasley
June 16th, 2016 Denver, CO

I was due for renewal for the ID protection. I contacted GEICO to cancel ID protection before the deadline. I was charged $79 anyway. I was told it would be reversed but it takes 7-10 business days! Unacceptable!!!! They should not have taken it out of my account in the first place, now I have to wait for the funds to be reversed! Poor customer service!!!

Randy Hardin
March 21st, 2016 Washington, DC

I have GEICO ID Theft Protection and am very satisfied with it. I receive regular updates and can log in and quickly review any activity. They do provide antivirus protection software, contrary to the review says above, but only for Windows computers--they don't have anything for Macs. It's a great service and a great value.