GEICO ID Protection Logo

GEICO ID Protection

Is This Your Business?

GEICO, which stands for Government Employees Insurance Company, is a widely-known insurance company that was founded in 1939 in Washington, DC.

GEICO has developed a partnership with Europ Assistance USA to provide its customers with identity protection services.

With GEICO identity protection services, customers can get 24/7 credit report access, various monitoring and alert services, and can choose between individual, couple, or family protection coverage.

NortonLifeLock Logo
#1 NortonLifeLock chevron_right
3.9
Complete ID Logo
#2 Complete ID chevron_right
3.7

The Good

• Affordable Monthly Rates
  • Monitoring Services
  • CISSP Certified

Affordable Monthly Rates

GEICO offers identity protection plans that start as low as $7.99 per month or $79 per year.

The company's individual plan, which starts at $7.99 per month, is significantly cheaper than what many companies in the identity theft protection industry offer.

Additionally, GEICO offers a variety of identity theft plan coverage options including individual coverage, couple coverage, and family coverage.

Monitoring Services

GEICO provides its customers with a number of monitoring services, including credit monitoring, internet monitoring, and social security number monitoring. The company also offers alerts and credit freezes to better prevent identity fraud and theft.

CISSP Certified

GEICO is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional. To earn this certification, companies must have several years of experience and pass the CISSP exam.

The Bad

• No Insurance
  • Limited Recovery Services

No Insurance

GEICO does not provide its customers with any identity theft insurance coverage, which is somewhat strange considering the fact that GEICO is an insurance company.

GEICO customers should note that the majority of companies in the identity theft industry offer at least some type of identity theft insurance or victim expense coverage.

Limited Recovery Services

GEICO identity protection recovery services are limited to medical identity restoration. The company does not assist with financial, criminal, or tax identity recovery like many other companies do.

The Bottom Line

GEICO offers customers competitively-priced identity protection plans that are designed for individuals, couples, and families.

The company also offers several monitoring services including credit monitoring, internet monitoring, and more. Additionally, GEICO is CISSP certified.

The downside is that GEICO's recovery services are limited and the company does not offer identity theft insurance even though it is known for its insurance product.

If you are currently a GEICO customer and you do not already have identity theft protection, it may be worthwhile to try out the company's services, especially since they are fairly affordable. However, if you are looking for more comprehensive identity protection services and are willing to pay a bit more, you may want to look elsewhere.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

3.4

Eric The Colony, TX

I've been using GEICO ID theft protection service for almost a year and I love it! This site's report is wrong when it says GEICO offers no insurance for ID theft and that it has only limited resolution assistance. The ID Theft coverage offers $1 million in ID theft insurance, and a certified resolution specialist is assigned to assist in restoring all ID theft cases, including medical, financial, criminal, and tax cases. In addition, using the tools provided in the online dashboard helped my wife and I improve her credit score by 40 points in one month!

Julia Rencoukos Ocala, FL

I absolutely love Geico! Best customer service of ALL time! I wouldn’t change to another company EVEN if my policy was cheaper! Start to finish and EVERYTHING in between they handle everything with a smile and I’m always left feeling happy! Thank you Geico!

Randy Hardin Washington, DC

I have GEICO ID Theft Protection and am very satisfied with it. I receive regular updates and can log in and quickly review any activity. They do provide antivirus protection software, contrary to the review says above, but only for Windows computers--they don't have anything for Macs. It's a great service and a great value.

Mike Steeles Tavern, VA

I tried to cancel the Geico ID Protection plan, one month later I got a letter in the mail saying somebody use my ID and cashed a check in another city. They used my brand new drivers license that I just got a month earlier. The person who used it went to a parts place that did not have a camera and the manager could not describe him. Up until then I have never had any problem My ID, I had to call Geico ID to get back my plan but as soon as I did the person I talked to said before I had a chance to say anything that they would not cover anything after I canceled.

Sheila Veasley Denver, CO

I was due for renewal for the ID protection. I contacted GEICO to cancel ID protection before the deadline. I was charged $79 anyway. I was told it would be reversed but it takes 7-10 business days! Unacceptable!!!! They should not have taken it out of my account in the first place, now I have to wait for the funds to be reversed! Poor customer service!!!