Experian IdentityWorks℠ Logo

Experian IdentityWorks℠

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

6.2

DJ Lehighton, PA

Save your money. The alerts come late, if at all. My husband's account was hacked and we were never notified. After that, I cancelled our account, but they didn't even notice. They continue to "monitor" us even though the credit card I'd originally used for protectmyid had been closed. Shouldn't they have noticed that? Eight months later, I'm still getting updates about how "safe" I am. Seriously...?

Jennifer Eau Claire, WI

Completely worthless. If you receive an alert at all, it will be very delayed. We took out a mortgage to buy a new house after getting this "protection" and I NEVER received any kind of alert. Last month, I opened a new credit card account and it took 3 weeks before I got an alert from ProtectMyId about the new account being opened in my name. A lot of damage could have been done in 3 weeks if this was not a legitimate account. Once my free year from the target breach is up, I will not be renewing as it would be a waste of money.

eRock Laurel, MD

I received this via the Target data breach. When an alert came it, they gave me no additional details other than the name of a company that put a collections notice on my report and then tried to sell me a credit report to give more information. I shouldn't have to pay in order to know who is damaging my credit. They wanted me to call the random company and give them my information to find out but I will not give out my PII to a random company just so they can mine my PII further.

andrew Studio City, CA

I agree with the terrible reviews below. I was provided access by target and went to check it one day. I couldn't log in and twice waited 30 minutes to speak with their reps. Then they claimed there was a data entry error in the account creation process. Because of this management refused to give me any service. Thankfully I called Target and got a new activation code, however, not impressed with the service itself either. They charge you to even get a credit score!

CB Clark, NJ

They claim A Monthly "All Clear" email will be sent when no key changes have been posted to any of your three national credit reports in the past month. Its in the FAQ section. Under alerts . I never get any they said they are working on it. That was last year. When I call they give the same run around. On top of that I opened an account that never showed up as an alert. So pointless service. .

Hersel Ahdout Los Angeles, CA

This is not a protection at all. A couple of weekends ago, with my knowledge, a company ran a credit report on me and I signed for a mortgage. However, I did not receive any notice from PROTECTMYID. I checked my protection site and there is no referebce to it. When I asked them, they say they only monitor Experian and none of the other ones. Here is for a peace of mind.

Dorothy Okatie, SC

Since November when I join, I have had difficulty with online sign in. This matter has yet to be resolved and is complicated in that now the site does not recognize me as a customer although I have paid a total of $ 171.83 for this service. I have been promised emails, phone calls, free credit reports- none materialized. Today, June 8, I finally spoke to a supervisor who was not at all helpful or nice. I suggest you not use this company.

HW Annapolis, MD

Why a 0? Because after receiving free credit monitoring with Experian after a data breach of my employer I have NEVER been able to log into my account more than two months after having signed up. Supposedly IT is working on it. Sure. I have never been notified by the company of the progress with my problem and every time I call they are completely unhelpful.

A. F. K Oakland, CA

Target offed a free year of this service because of their security leak. I signed up and thought why not. It is completely useless and has no real information on it. They are now sending me alerts every day for something garbage I think in hopes I upgrade or pay for something else that they are selling. The site is set up to make you feel like that important info you need in in that "other" box you must pay for now. The whole thing is a NON SERVICE pile of spamming garbage and is annoying and useless.

PessoaJ Herriman, UT

Had to get identity protection when my purse was stolen. Experian was great to work with and I was notified when anything under my name looked suspicious.

Frances Kailua, HI

Billed incorrectly for their service. Customer service supervisor refused to help me or transfer me to someone who could. There was no yelling, screaming, or name calling, but after telling me I should enroll in another company's free service, she told me she was "going to end this call." She hung up on me! What are we paying them for?!

rick La Vergne, TN

Total waste of money sign up workrd flawless but could not sign in after that 7 calls to customer service in one day still cant log in ive called cs over 20 times still no log in final solution canceled service 12 days ago no refund

Laura Reston, VA

ProtectMyID is WORTHLESS. I received a security alert, but I can't remember my password. After several attempts to retrieve using correct security answers, I'm locked out. Call the service line and the voice message says "we're too busy, call back later" and hangs up on me! What a joke! The service is giving Experian a bad name.

Manish San Jose, CA

Absolutely ridiculous service... website doesn't recognize my own information and on calling put on an endless hold. Will not have anything to do with Experian going forward. I use their service for screening tenants and that is just as crappy on support.

DJ Coppell, TX

What a bunch of clueless clowns. They would not directly confirm the name of their company, nice when I'm trying to find their website. The activation code they sent me bounced, no good. The first two passwords they sent me didn't work. I have serious doubts these folks could even made a PBJ sammich. Avoid at all cost.

john r Olney, MD

I to was directed to this companyby carefirst my acct.at this point I am alittle leary with carefirst too how could a well known company have their customers fall into this bucket of crap twice one by hack secound by this fly night company

greg king Fort Wayne, IN

received letter from medical informatics engineering alerting security compromised and gave instructions to contact Experian's protect my id elite credit monitoring service web pg and enter codes. I tried the page and it didn't accept codes. also tried phone numbers listed to get music and no answer.feels like scam!

Jco Sylva, NC

My experience with this company has been awful. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! I received non-emergency texts @ 1:30am ( which woke my family) I sent an email on this matter, no response. I tried to call them and got "THIS EMAIL IS FULL". I would NOT recommend this company.

John New York, NY

Tried calling the customer contact number as they had my date of birth off by 34 years. Was on hold a total of 4 hours as 10 minutes (between the three calls I made) as when it finally rang , someone answered and immediately hung up. Want a farce. Become my mission to try and reach someone live, but after over 4 hours I gave in.

Reviewer Duncanville, TX

Experian dropped me from being a paying member- without explaination- after I received a notice from my bank that my personal information may have been compromised. Doesn't seem like they would really stand by their protection guarantee if they believe you are a potential victim!

Dixie Duncan Camarillo, CA

I received ProtectMyID via the Target Data breach. It is completely worthless. They tell you to review your Experian credit report, but they want to charge you for the report. The service was supposed to be free from Target and it isn't. I logged in and there is no useful information at all. Don't bother.

Rocky Road Espanola, NM

My ProtectMyID account locked up a week ago. Still not fixed. I continue to get alerts but cannot login to my account until web page is fixed. IS THAT PROTECTION REALLY? And for $15+ dollars a month. Don't get this product!!!!

I find this the easiest site to read and understand our if all the ones out there. It is also one of the major companies used for credit inquiries.

Derek Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

We were given credit watch service since our info was hacked. Experian was very helpful in sending notifications for any inquiry to our credit.

Makon Mills Los Angeles, CA

You can talk to anyone on the phone, you can't log on to the app or online. They charge you monthly for poorly executed apps and online log in. They will leave you holding to no avail

R Brown Bel Air, MD

I have protectmyid and had my identity stolen. False 2015 income tax reports were filed, and my credit cards were used fraudulently. All the while protectmyid showed no activity. Don't waste your money.

KaeLee Grants Pass, OR

this is by far the worst nightmare ever to get any real live help from an operator . I have tried several phone numbers and all do not allow you to speak to a rep. this has been the worst site or company ever for help.

Allie Watertown, WI

Experian is a joke. They charge you monthly for a piece of paper that is not acurate! they owe me money and because their very small print says that they can charge my account that I will not be getting refunded.

Monica Mount Prospect, IL

I have received multiple email alerts, when logging in, did not recognize me and locked me out. The phone number given has not worked for 24 hrs. What's up with this company?

Jim Rosen Cypress, TX

While the service may detect activity......don't try to call!!! CALL WAIT TIMES AVERAGE OVER 1 HOUR FOR ME!!!!!!!!!! FIRST CALL WAS 1 HOUR 45 MINUTES TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE!!!!

Michael J Dembski Washington, DC

The service is basically worthless, you re not getting anything that you can't get by locking down your credit reports. Take the service for free, but don't bother paying for it, thats is just a ripoff.

Katharine Brown Danvers, MA

Protect My ID informed me of an alert, a credit check that I didn't authorize. I have been trying to call their help number for hours. It says they are overwhelmed and to call back at a later time or date!!!

Seth Perlmutter Alpharetta, GA

Is there any way to get to speak to one of your representatives? I have tried calling for 3 days and am constantly being told to call back later. The line then goes dead!

Kate Eugene, OR

The worst! Took 45 minutes to even get a rep on the line. Coverage is minimal & is for Experian only, not all the credit bureaus. Don't waste your money.

David Chicago, IL

Love that I can viuw and monitor my credit scores. Interface isn't that pretty to look at though

erika Alexandria, VA

Very shady company. They trick you into being charged and they will not remove the fees. $1 turns into over $20 a month.

truthsquad Phoenix, AZ

Great notification but, have you try to contact them? Good luck on the phone hours and hours of classical musci

kevin texas Mesquite, TX

EXPERIAN The $1.00 7 days trial credit report ended up costing me $29.95 so far, I cancelled but who knows if they really did it.

Julie Raney Lynnwood, WA

I was on hold over 45 min yesterday, and after waiting on hold again today I gave up trying to contact them by phone.

kimberly Miami, FL

I hate that company I cancelled way before time and they only have half of my money back

Ron Mueller

See my previous comments. I forgot to score ProtectMyID. They certainly don't rate a 10!

Marie Jenkins Lawrenceville, GA

Worst company experience ever! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!