Best Company Guarantee Experian IdentityWorks℠ Logo

Experian IdentityWorks℠

Roberto Marinette, WI

Do not waste your money on this. I got it for free and now I know the reason why was free. It is a useless service. Got one alert long time after signing up and I went to the website but it did not allow me to log in. Called customer service twice and they gave me 2 temporary passwords that never worked. Alerts are suppose to be handled ASAP that's the purpose of this protection. They told me in 2 days somehow they will resolve the issue. yeah! it is like asking for help to the police and they were telling me that they will help in 2 days! ridiculous. I'm glad this service cost me nothing but I warn others to do not waste their dollars on it unless you like protection with a 48h delay.

James D Spurr Port Angeles, WA

I was contacted by Federal Blue Cross/Blue Shield through Premera regarding a security breach. My wife and I signed up for the Experian PortectMyID service easily. My issue is with the first of my adult children that tried to enroll. My son went through all of the enrollment steps on line and received this message from Experian: "Unfortunately, Experian did not return any data when we submitted the information you entered on your order form ... etc" I understand that there is a problem, but I can't get a live person to talk with to discuss and get traction!!!! Computers do not address issues like this, get people to navigate this maze, investigate, and explain.

PaperQueen Minneapolis, MN

After a year of free monitoring (due to Target breach in Nov/Dec 2013), I paid for 1-year renewal. Immediately began seeing fraudulent charges on the card I used to pay for the renewal, being spoofed under legitimate business names (ex: iTunes, GetSatisfied, and ConsumerInfo, which is owned by Experian). None set off alerts on ProtectMyID---only found them because I routinely monitor my AmEx account online. Also, they do not supply a receipt for payment on the website OR by email. After days of asking for one, I was told to call Customer Service. The agent (and later, her Supervisor) told me ProtectMyID does not provide receipts when you purchase memberships through them. What? No receipts? Absurd. Cancelled the membership immediately, and have reported this to AmEx. What a rip off.

AL Palo Alto, CA

Protect MY ID, outsourcers their customer care to the Philippines. I wanted to find out how to enter my credit card information so I could monitor it for fraud charges. I talked to someone from the Philippines, they were clueless and could not give me that simple information. I had to call again and requested to speak to a USA call center to resolve my issue. On another occasion I called to ask if there was an IPhone app I could download neither the Philippines or the USA call center were aware of any. I Checked it out myself and found out that there was one. In most cases their customer care people are unfamiliar with the protect. Do you really want one of these people to help if you ever need help. Unless Protect MY ID gets serious and employees professionals, I would go to the competition.

Lee Alpharetta, GA

Sneaky and deceptive practices! I was alerted by the fact that it's easy to sign up for a trial and difficult to stop; ending a subscription online is not possible. Because of this, I called one day too late to cancel and was denied. The phone help was either ignorant or downright crooked. She kept saying ‘I don't understand your question'! What is there about ‘please cancel my subscription and refund my money' that is unclear? To make matters worse, she offered additional packages and possible discounts for the future! I emailed my concerns to Experian and they haven't replied. One final note, my FICO report is not available! I'm surprised that this company is in business. It's ironic that such a crooked company keeps tabs on your credit!

Jaime Coralville, IA

I too received this service after the Target breach. I have never had any issues signing into my account, and am considering staying with them because they are offering a renewal rate of $9.95. It is too bad that you can't get your credit score but for me personally I don't think that is reason not to stay with them.

Dave Wallingford, CT

This place is such a scam! I never signed for Protect my ID. NEVER! I did have a FreeCredit report.com account which they are associated with. 3 months ago ProtectMyID.com charged my bank account someone $.01. The following month they charged me $15.95. The following month they charged me the $15.95 again. I then realized they were charging me. I always missed it when looking through my transactions. I called them to see what was going on. They would not cancel my acct without me GIVING them my CREDIT card #! I said NO WAY. Just look up my name, address and phone # to find the account. They said they cannot do that. How can they not do that if they are charging me every month?? The rep got very defensive. I hung up and called back. First time I got through right away. This time I was on hold for about 30 mins. I hung up and called from a different #. Guess what, they picked up immediately. Clearly they were screening the phone #s as well! The second rep gave me the same run around and WOULD NOT transfer me to a manager. She said "They will not be able to help you anymore then I can" I am not giving this company my CC acct info. If they are charging it monthly. They should be able to find it by my name. Now I have to go to my credit union and cancel my current card and get a new # because of this scam website!!!!!

Leman L. Lucas Killeen, TX

I am an 82 year old U.S. Navy Retiree, and I am in the hospital with a cracked pelvis / dementia. My son Michael has a very difficult time with Experian / Protect My I.D. Supervisors and Abusive Customer Service Reps. Trying to validate, and confirm information. Very unprofessional, loud call center noise, being put on hold for up to an hour, given false assurances, and having been felt like smoke blown in my face, I went with Credit Karma to get my credit score and research credit information. I am very disappointed with Experian / Protect My I.D. It's not worth the hassle and throwing money away on a bunch of unprofessional people.

Katharine Winters Quakertown, PA

I am very disappointed in ProtectMyId and their lack of service. I have not been able to access my account for months. 1- They appear unable for their customers to use AOL to log in. 2. After repeated logging in with no results, I was assured that a tech team would be right back to me. That was June 28th. This is July 16. No one got back to me. When I contacted them again this AM the whole negative experience was repeated. I have been unable to find a mailing address. I would like to write to the president of the company, share my highly unsatisfactory experience, But that information does not appear on their website.

RMP Alameda, CA

My information was stolen in a breach of hospital records last year and I was offered a free year of Protect My ID. I find it completely useless. There have been over 7 attempts to use my identity by thieves in less than a year and either I discovered the fraudulent activity or the vendor or credit card company contacted me about the activity. When I've called Protect My ID to ask about this or tell them about it, they've been tremendously unhelpful. I have this service until June for free, but am thinking about switching to Life Lock and canceling this worthless service. Even for free, it's not worth it!

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

I like the ease of use with Experian to look up any issues with my security. They would send me alerts on a regular basis, either to tell me that everything was OK or to alert me of something that looked possibly suspicious.

Ronalee Hardy

I have Experian identity works because of a data breach. This service was supplied to me free of charge for 4 years.

Jacqueline Wilson Toledo, OH

Experian IdentityWorks is not what it says it is. After I cancelled their service for IdentityWorks before the trial was up, Experian debited my card for $19.99 and did not provide the free credit report. They also refused to refund the payment back to me. They tried twice to get that payment after receiving it once. They are thieves and do not stand by their commitment to their services.

Ann San Francisco, CA

I'm surprised there are any positive reviews. This company has no customer service support. Like so many others, I too have tried to use their so-called support numbers, with zero success. No one picks up the phone. It's also unclear whether this company actually does anything. Any company that signs up with Experian is simply looking for a way to cover it's butt and tick off a legal checkbox, not actually protect it's employees. How they are getting away with this is completely beyond me.

Curtis Kind Henderson, NV

I received a free 3 year subscription due my bank's security breach. I have never been able to view my credit report. "Our system indicates that you do not have a current credit report(s) on file." There is no obvious way that I have found to get a credit report on file. I wrote customer support but no response after many weeks. This is a totally useless expense for totally irresponsible banks only. I see no value whatsoever.

Ben Lutherville Timonium, MD

Terrible. Go with another company. I recieved a warning and tried to log into my account which failed. Then tried to call and was told that they were experiencing high call volume and to call back. I tried that for several days with no luck. I tried to email them and was told to call into the number I've been calling. Three weeks later they are still experiencing high call volume and i cant get through. Hope you have better luck.

e.kim Monsey, NY

They are ridiculously unhelpful if god forbid you have to get a name change. They send you to a THIRD PARTY VENDOR info to fax or mail via snail mail your VERY SENSITIVE information. Its the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard. And if you decide you will do this, expect to wait AT LEAST 45 DAYS to MAYBE get notification via snail mail that this information was in fact received. I cancelled my account immediately and signed up for life lock after finding out this was experian's process. Absolutely 100% unacceptable. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Sherry Magwire Omaha, NE

Called to report a Identity Theft issue that I found out about via my employer and the IRS. The person on the phone was rude and just kept asking me what I wanted her to do. I told her that on the website it says to call this number immediately if you are a victim of Identity Theft and they would assign an agent to help you through all the task needed to be done. After about 5 minutes of being asked what I wanted them to do I hung up. Not sure why it is on website when people answering the phone are clueless.

Ava Green Lubbock, TX

I cannot get this site to work. Every month I spent 2-3 hrs trying to get it to recognize me. I've enrolled over and over, changed my password. It doesn't even recognize me this month. The number I was given to get enrolled kept being switched (3 times) to a different company. It became a joke between us. I'm told this will be straightened out as "its a website glitch"......I never get called. If I could I would cancel this worthless subscription that was furnished to me FREE when my info was hijacked from a former employer.

Steven Evanko Norco, CA

Experian has chosen to deal with customers thru prerecorded options and solutions. My problems are not addressed in this one-way system. No responses are allowed, no emails and no calls. I can not believe that the California administration of this program has been using this policy and no one seems to care. I will send copies of my problems to the State and keep a file for repudiating any future complaints by Experian.

Lou Moorestown, NJ

Terrible service and worse support. Website is a mess and getting anyone to fix it is impossible. Emailing support gets a response indicating you need to call. Calling puts you on indefinite hold. Never spoke to a live person! Site sends emails telling you that you need to log in. When you try to log in it says you're locked out, you must call, and then you start all over again. Took 4 emails to cancel the service. Just a horrible service.

Albert Bischof Houston, TX

I have been lied to by all three reporting agencies Experian and the other two claim to show you your FICO score in these credit tracker programs they are a con the scores the give you are no where even remotely close to what lenders are.... For instance Experian says I have a score of 697 however when making aplication for a mortgage based on that I find Experian gives the lender a score well below 600 they can't even get it close I recommend you don't waste your money on any of these so called credit tracking programs since your only paying for lies.

R Girard Palm Desert, CA

I received a series of alerts about items in credit report (new inquiries) which were NOT authorized. I tried to call the service for assistance. THEIR VOICE MAIL ANSWERING SYSTEM PROVIDES NO (ZERO) OPTION FOR ACTUALLY GETTING INFORMATION ABOUT THE REPORTS OR WHAT TO DO ABOUT THEM. Essentially it is a totally worthless product/service. If anyone is paying for this, they are being defrauded!

DL GA

Err...I am a TMobile customer, and after reading about the data breach where my information was stolen from Epxerian, I signed up for the free protection service (offered by Experian...wtf #1). Surprisingly, all the infomation required to signup...was the same that was stolen (wtf #2). I would have expexted a signup process a little more rigorous, like at phone call to verify...I don't know...something? Anyway, the signup process does not make me feel protected at all. I guess I'll hopefully see if I am protected or not.

Shelley Merryfield Federal Way, WA

As noted by many other users, terrible service. Had trouble logging in, after I was sent a notice that there was a problem. I recently had my credit card number used fraudulently and wanted to see what this place had to say. I tried calling and could not even get put on hold or voicemail. Said they were really busy and call back later!! WHAT? Worthless!

FN Indianapolis, IN

Good luck should you ever want to talk to someone on their customer service line. You would have a better chance excaping from a black hole! Their log-in screen tells you your username and password is not reconized when it is entered correctly. The entire credit industry is a scam and Experian is part of the trifecta of not caring about fairness or ethics not to mention deplorable customer service.

David Poughkeepsie, NY

Absolutely terrible. I cannot log into my account without going through the "Forget Password" protocol. I've been receiving alerts on my account due to a change in address, but even when I'm able to log on, I can't save any new preferences. I emailed Support, and they gave me some BS about not being able to resolve MOST issues via email. I called their Customer Support several times, and I received a "higher than normal call wait times" message every time. There is no Customer Support infrastructure with this company. DON'T join.

A Runde

So I was given a free membership after my insurance company was hacked. First, it took multiple attempts to sign up and when I emailed the company I received a canned response that did nothing to address the questions that I had asked. Once I finally managed to get signed up I had issues EVERY time I tried to log in. Their system refused to accept my id/password and pushed me to the "forgot password option". I enter my information and their system says that they can't verify my credentials. Glad I didn't waste any money on this service.

RAMONA SINCLAIR Palm Springs, CA

MISTAKE! Right after accepting free one year trial with this company, began receiving a flood of new junk email - even though I had asked specifically to opt-out of 3rd party contacts. Stupidly thought one could trust Experian, after all you're giving them your soc sec no and birth date. This company is NOT TO BE TRUSTED WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFO.

Suraj

Horrible service, signed up reset password and still doesnt work. By the way I am an IT guy so I know how websites work. Anyway tried logging in no luck reset password and then was able to get it, generated my report and logged out. Tried logging back in and it says that it cannot recognize my account !!!!! Called customer service and cancelled my subscription. Lost £6.99 over a completely useless service. Get your act together!

DJ Lehighton, PA

Save your money. The alerts come late, if at all. My husband's account was hacked and we were never notified. After that, I cancelled our account, but they didn't even notice. They continue to "monitor" us even though the credit card I'd originally used for protectmyid had been closed. Shouldn't they have noticed that? Eight months later, I'm still getting updates about how "safe" I am. Seriously...?

Jennifer Eau Claire, WI

Completely worthless. If you receive an alert at all, it will be very delayed. We took out a mortgage to buy a new house after getting this "protection" and I NEVER received any kind of alert. Last month, I opened a new credit card account and it took 3 weeks before I got an alert from ProtectMyId about the new account being opened in my name. A lot of damage could have been done in 3 weeks if this was not a legitimate account. Once my free year from the target breach is up, I will not be renewing as it would be a waste of money.

eRock Laurel, MD

I received this via the Target data breach. When an alert came it, they gave me no additional details other than the name of a company that put a collections notice on my report and then tried to sell me a credit report to give more information. I shouldn't have to pay in order to know who is damaging my credit. They wanted me to call the random company and give them my information to find out but I will not give out my PII to a random company just so they can mine my PII further.

andrew Studio City, CA

I agree with the terrible reviews below. I was provided access by target and went to check it one day. I couldn't log in and twice waited 30 minutes to speak with their reps. Then they claimed there was a data entry error in the account creation process. Because of this management refused to give me any service. Thankfully I called Target and got a new activation code, however, not impressed with the service itself either. They charge you to even get a credit score!

CB Clark, NJ

They claim A Monthly "All Clear" email will be sent when no key changes have been posted to any of your three national credit reports in the past month. Its in the FAQ section. Under alerts . I never get any they said they are working on it. That was last year. When I call they give the same run around. On top of that I opened an account that never showed up as an alert. So pointless service. .

Hersel Ahdout Los Angeles, CA

This is not a protection at all. A couple of weekends ago, with my knowledge, a company ran a credit report on me and I signed for a mortgage. However, I did not receive any notice from PROTECTMYID. I checked my protection site and there is no referebce to it. When I asked them, they say they only monitor Experian and none of the other ones. Here is for a peace of mind.

Dorothy Okatie, SC

Since November when I join, I have had difficulty with online sign in. This matter has yet to be resolved and is complicated in that now the site does not recognize me as a customer although I have paid a total of $ 171.83 for this service. I have been promised emails, phone calls, free credit reports- none materialized. Today, June 8, I finally spoke to a supervisor who was not at all helpful or nice. I suggest you not use this company.

HW Annapolis, MD

Why a 0? Because after receiving free credit monitoring with Experian after a data breach of my employer I have NEVER been able to log into my account more than two months after having signed up. Supposedly IT is working on it. Sure. I have never been notified by the company of the progress with my problem and every time I call they are completely unhelpful.

A. F. K Oakland, CA

Target offed a free year of this service because of their security leak. I signed up and thought why not. It is completely useless and has no real information on it. They are now sending me alerts every day for something garbage I think in hopes I upgrade or pay for something else that they are selling. The site is set up to make you feel like that important info you need in in that "other" box you must pay for now. The whole thing is a NON SERVICE pile of spamming garbage and is annoying and useless.

PessoaJ Herriman, UT

Had to get identity protection when my purse was stolen. Experian was great to work with and I was notified when anything under my name looked suspicious.

Robin Brooks Dallas, TX

watching out for emailing and texting me

Eric New York, NY

Experian IdentityWorks Terms of Use Agreement states "YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND WEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. " while requiring your social security number.

Frances Kailua, HI

Billed incorrectly for their service. Customer service supervisor refused to help me or transfer me to someone who could. There was no yelling, screaming, or name calling, but after telling me I should enroll in another company's free service, she told me she was "going to end this call." She hung up on me! What are we paying them for?!

rick La Vergne, TN

Total waste of money sign up workrd flawless but could not sign in after that 7 calls to customer service in one day still cant log in ive called cs over 20 times still no log in final solution canceled service 12 days ago no refund

Laura Reston, VA

ProtectMyID is WORTHLESS. I received a security alert, but I can't remember my password. After several attempts to retrieve using correct security answers, I'm locked out. Call the service line and the voice message says "we're too busy, call back later" and hangs up on me! What a joke! The service is giving Experian a bad name.

Manish San Jose, CA

Absolutely ridiculous service... website doesn't recognize my own information and on calling put on an endless hold. Will not have anything to do with Experian going forward. I use their service for screening tenants and that is just as crappy on support.

DJ Coppell, TX

What a bunch of clueless clowns. They would not directly confirm the name of their company, nice when I'm trying to find their website. The activation code they sent me bounced, no good. The first two passwords they sent me didn't work. I have serious doubts these folks could even made a PBJ sammich. Avoid at all cost.

john r Olney, MD

I to was directed to this companyby carefirst my acct.at this point I am alittle leary with carefirst too how could a well known company have their customers fall into this bucket of crap twice one by hack secound by this fly night company

greg king Fort Wayne, IN

received letter from medical informatics engineering alerting security compromised and gave instructions to contact Experian's protect my id elite credit monitoring service web pg and enter codes. I tried the page and it didn't accept codes. also tried phone numbers listed to get music and no answer.feels like scam!

Jco Sylva, NC

My experience with this company has been awful. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! I received non-emergency texts @ 1:30am ( which woke my family) I sent an email on this matter, no response. I tried to call them and got "THIS EMAIL IS FULL". I would NOT recommend this company.