Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, CSID provides fraud detection and identity protection services for individuals and businesses worldwide. CSID offers a variety of monitoring services like financial credit card and bank account monitoring, family and children identity protection, advanced technological tools like an Identity Management Center portal as well as CyberAgent® Internet surveillance, and 24/7 customer support.

CSID also provides customers with identity theft insurance, the options of self-service identity restoration, assisted identity restoration, or full-service restoration, and lost wallet assistance.

#1 IdentityIQ Logo IdentityIQ ›

7.1

Overall
Score

#2 MyIDCare Logo MyIDCare ›

6.6

Overall
Score

#3 LegalShield IDShield Logo LegalShield IDShield ›

6.0

Overall
Score

#20 CSID Logo CSID ›

0.8

Overall
Score

The Good

• Internet Surveillance
  • Monitoring and Restoration Services
  • Family Protection Services

Internet Surveillance

CSID’s CyberAgent® Internet surveillance scans numerous black market websites and chat rooms for the illegal trading of its customers' personal information. If any suspicious activity is detected, the customer is sent a fraud alert immediately. CyberAgent® was created by CSID as a proactive identity monitoring solution that can monitor a significant amount of websites and data points in real-time. With CyberAgent®, customers can react quickly to avoid becoming a victim of a data breach or other cybercrime.

Monitoring and Restoration Services

CSID offers a number of monitoring services including social media monitoring, financial account takeover monitoring including credit card and bank notifications, child monitoring, court records monitoring, bookings monitoring, non-credit loan monitoring, change of address monitoring, sex offenders monitoring, and social security number monitoring. CSID also provides a few options for customers who fall victim to identity theft while using the company’s services.

These options include self-service identity restoration which involves step-by-step instructions as well as an interactive restoration portal, assisted identity restoration that involves tips provided by a restoration specialist and full-service identity restoration that aims to reduce the amount of time customers spend on identity restoration efforts. CSID also provides customers with lost wallet assistance and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

Family Protection Services

The company provides extended child and family identity theft protection services. These services include CyberAgent® Internet surveillance, social security number trace monitoring, child social media monitoring, and complete identity theft restoration services for any child’s identity that is compromised by identity thieves while under CSID identity theft protection. Customers are also given the choice of integrating any non-credit monitoring services to their child’s identity protection package.

The Bad

• No Credit Monitoring
  • Lack of Pricing Information

No Credit Monitoring

While CSID offers several monitoring services, the company does not offer credit report monitoring, which is an important identity protection service. Most companies in the industry offer monitoring for credit reports that coordinate with at least one of the three national credit bureaus.

Lack of Pricing Information

Although CSID provides a good amount of information about its identity theft protection service, the company does not seem to provide any information regarding its identity theft protection prices, like start-up costs and monthly fees, on its website. Customers who wish to access this information must directly contact the company. Want to know which identity theft companies are top rated? Click Here

The Bottom Line

CSID offers many personal data protection services including internet surveillance, data breach mitigation, and a number of monitoring services. CSID also provides quick fraud alert notifications, restoration options, identity theft insurance, and family identity protection services. However, the company does not offer credit monitoring or prices, like start-up costs and monthly fees, for its identity theft protection services on its website.

Customers who want to know the prices for the company’s identity protection services must directly contact the company. In regards to credit monitoring services that include at least one credit reporting agency, customers should consider other identity theft protection services before making a final decision.

View Best Identity Theft Companies

cindy chilton
November 9th, 2018 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

I have been a customer for several years with no issues, but last month I got two emails from them stating that I had alerts on my account. When I checked it, there were no alerts there. I began calling them on 10-26-18. The first rep I spoke with said he said he could see that I had reported a lost credit card which was true, but I could not see any alerts or any information on my account at all anymore. He said he would put in a trouble ticket. When I called a few days later I spoke with a woman who could see no alerts and advised me that the alert I was receiving was that there were no alerts. I asked to speak with a manager. She said none were available so I said I would call during business hours which I did today. The first rep I spoke with said my issue was to have been resolved on 11-6 and I should have gotten a call from the trouble resolution department and said he would escalate it. I asked to speak with a manager. I spoke with Kathy who did not seem to know or care what was going on. She said she could not see that I had sent any of the three emails I have received from CSID. When I offered to email the company the emails they had sent me, she said that was impossible. I called back and spoke to another manager Devin who also sounded like he didn't know or care and could tell me nothing except that the trouble has been escalated. Right now I am giving this company an F and will have to cancel if the trouble is not resolved.

Sarah Stephens
May 21st, 2018 Murrells Inlet, SC DETAILS

If I could give a zero, I would. I will state the same complaint as someone else on this site. NEVER START or deactivate ASAP! I have gone thru hell for four years. This company is literally an ignorant company. Due to having free service because south Carolina revenue dept was not encrepted, can you believe, we had all our personal information stolen for any of us who had electronically filed our taxes for many years back. Only because I am a sucker for the employees with CSID who were apologetic and nice, I foolishly stayed with them. I can tell you with the utmost honesty that I am a spiritual person and would never give this info to you if it was not totally true. The computer system has to have big flaws to put me thru what I have been through trying to just get the system to work! I assure you I knew what I was doing and at times it took them an hour up to 2 hours and more on the phone to help deal with their system only to have the system not to work over and over. Even I and my patience have had enough. This company is just HORRIBLE! I told one employee that she should leave the company and I was very sincere. I do not know, but I guess S.C. got a great deal and they took it to save money. The top people can not know what they are doing, honestly.

sylvia newnom
September 28th, 2017 Niceville, FL

Been trying to contact csid for two days. no answer, the music is on and a constant beep like someone is playing on line. Think employees are just trying to disconnect you. Sent several emails. no answer. The state of South Carolina breech I still causing undue stress for taxpayers with no remedies. They should fire this company.

Brian
July 19th, 2017

THE WORST EVER. The representative Tamika P is atrocious also. If you have this service and you somehow get her as your identity recovery "person"- find someone else. She does not return calls in a timely fashion. I've taken whole days off from my life to I could talk to her but she would not take my calls. So my identity theft is a non-issue to this junk company that OPM once used apparently. Sad, pathetic, don't waste your money. I've done more on my own. I could not even get answers to basic questions. RUN AWAY FAST FROM THIS USELESS COMPAY. I tell you how to do what they will do and better.

Joan Harland
May 1st, 2017

My credit restoration specialist refuses to return phone calls.I had to freeze my credit myself with the 3 credit bureaus. CSID refuses to connect me to a supervisor. This is a JOKE

Mark Richards
January 23rd, 2017

Horrible service and customer service. Password reset failed; the provided number was a "fast busy", that is, no one to answer; web form kept rejecting all of the information; customer service does have a local or 800 number. In other words, this company is not interested in helping consumers.

terry christensen
October 25th, 2016

I got another identity protection because I could not get customer service to help me. I could not understand their support people. They were the most customer support people I have ever dealt with.

Nancy Braden
October 7th, 2016 Southlake, TX

The enrollment process has been a nightmare. No less than 5 customer service agents were unable to figure out why my pin code didn't work AND each promised that someone else would call me back to fix it. The first said "tomorrow", but 3 days went by and I had to call them. The next said in a couple hours - and no call back, the next said "within an hour someone will call you back" - nope. Another just said "We will contact you within 48 hours and resolve your issue." Every attempt to complete my enrollment took over 30 minutes. Each call contains long periods on hold, during which they are "checking with the manager" but when we asked to talk to said manager - "one is not available." The employees seem to have such a low competency level, that I'm worried that my personal info is even more compromised than what happened when my CPA was hacked!

Philip
July 27th, 2016 Waldorf, MD

Customer service non-existent. When logging on, repeatedly informed that your UserID or Password is incorrect. Whenever you request a password reset, there is NEVER an email advising you the reset has happened. Having this so called "identify protection" service for a year has been a complete waste of money. But then again, what can you expect when OPM or the Federal Government is involved. The old saying "you get what you paid for" applies. CSID was most likely the lowest bidder and they are providing the lowest level of service. What a waste.

Will
July 5th, 2016 Saint Paul, MN

Nice to see that CSID can manage to pull up the information on the accounts provided. What they can't manage to do is send an alert in a timely fashion. Applied for a car loan and was notified 3 weeks later. Account monitoring is also not timely. Last updates for active accounts is almost a year old. Completely dissatisfied. Don't waste your time or money.

Patrick
June 27th, 2016 Atlanta, GA

Cant talk to anyone. No phone number published

Nicole Johnston
June 24th, 2016 Ellicott City, MD

Worthless service, unknowledgeable employees. Don't bother.

I'm Boo Too
June 6th, 2016 Worland, WY

I agree with Angela's 7/24/15 post. She said "I was forced into this “protection” thanks the OPM breach. I set up my account and have not been able to gain access since because now it does not recognize any of my information." Today I tried to access an alert I received and CSID did not recognize any of my information. Thus I was unable to access and read the alert. This coverage is 100% useless to me. The website is not user friendly, There is no email address for customer service, There is no live chat for customer service. If I had an urgent alert to read, I am unable to read it because I could not reset my password. I would not recommend this service/company to anyone.

Rose Barrett
April 27th, 2016 TX

Worse than useless. I was referred to CSID for identity theft restoration after Turbo Tax informed me that my social security number was used on another tax return. They sent me IRS identity theft forms to fill out and asked me to send them back. I followed up daily with calls and emails after faxing the forms and never heard back from the person who was supposedly assigned to my case. I had to go through corporate to even reach him (which is not easy, their main office number is a well guarded secret). After TWO WEEKS he hadn't even filed the form with the IRS. I could easily have done this myself on day one. This experience added a huge amount of frustration to what was already a stressful situation. I can't imagine why this firm is in business. Zero service, zero helpful attitude, and the useless black hole of unanswered voicemail messages and emails.

pat burke
March 29th, 2016 Tampa, FL

As a former federal employee, the OPM breach has been a nightmare for me and these people are the pits.Iit provides no service whatsoever. After my identity was stolen, I contacted them - average hold time of 45 minutes each call. The fax number they gave me didn't work, I ended up sending 37 pages by snail mail to the address they provided only to have it returned as undeliverable.They never got back to me with status updates and when someone filed a fraudulent tax return, they told me to file my real one immediately. I told them I didn't want to file at that time as I owed money but they said the IRS would not cash my check for 180 days while the investigation was ongoing. Well the IRS cashed my check two days after receiving it. They haven't a clue as to what they are doing. I dealt with the 3 credit bureaus myself rather than waiting for them to mess things up further.

Coby
February 8th, 2016 Austin, TX

Bizarre customer service. I once tried to pay them over the phone after an account mishap and they said someone would have to call me back in three days. Now they send me alerts with links that don't allow me into my account. I have no idea how they stay in business. I am switching companies. This place is a joke.

Trish
January 14th, 2016 Lexington Park, MD

Worst ID protection ever!! I've had my credit card hacked and never received any notification. Someone tried hacking into my CSID account and now it's locked. When I called to reset the account they asked for so much personal information that I fear my information in worse shape. OPM, you failed protecting my ID in the first place and you have failed when joining with this company

Vic
January 4th, 2016 Overland Park, KS

They send out false alerts on the credit monitoring part of their package. I've signed into my account and there is nothing there.

Brian
November 16th, 2015 Alpharetta, GA

I had this service bought for me by OPM. It is very confusing. The enrollment wasn't too bad, but it took a long time. It is interesting to see all the information they pull up on you, but ultimately they are pretty useless as a service. You end up getting a ton of "alert" emails that give you vague notices like "your email may have been compromised based on our monitoring of the dark net." Sounds ominous, but what should you do. They recommend changing your password. However, they can't tell you anything about the "compromise." In my case, my employer has me change my email address according to a schedule and I had just changed it yesterday. Their alert didn't way how it was compromised, or if the password was compromised. I called them and talked to a friendly rep but she had no info other than my email address was found somewhere on "the dark web." They recommended changing my password. So I changed my password. The next day, I get another alert about my email address being compromised. I called again. Again, no info at all other than my email address was found somewhere. They couldn't say where, they couldn't say in what context. They couldn't say if the account was compromised or if they just found my email address in a contact list. They had absolutely no detail. So I asked "do I need to change my password again, I just changed it yesterday?" And they just gave a very vague recommendation. Very frustrating. I've received 11 of these alerts since July when I signed up. I would never pay for this service. It's much better just to change your password every two weeks (that I already do :) because all they are going to do is send vague, useless alerts. Also, they have no way to submit feedback, no way to ask questions, no online support. All they have is a phone number with a customer support rep that just repeats robotic, depersonalized "recommendations." I have no idea how OPM picked these guys, but I wish they didn't.

Neil
November 10th, 2015 Sierra Vista, AZ

I added the credit card protection information into the plan thinking that maybe it would help protect my credit card. Thank God for American Express fraud protection they caught someone using my card and canceled it. I am still waiting for CS ID to notify me that my card was canceled. So much for credit card protection.

Sally Witherspoon
October 27th, 2015 Athens, AL

CSID does not monitor phone call or web sites or hacking or detect any malicious software viruses or malware or spyware. They appear to be an "after-the-fact" reporting service as opposed to any security detection assistance or monitoring.

Mark
October 12th, 2015 Vienna, VA

Received alerts, but I cannot gain access to the account I set up. Keep calling and resetting the password after waiting for 30+ minutes. Customer service was very rude. Now locked out. I just received 2 credit cards in the mail that I did not request. One is in my name and the other is someone that I don't know. Thanks OPM.

Thomas
October 8th, 2015 OH

CSID is freaking horrible! I can't think of a service I hate anymore than CSID. I have not been able to log in for weeks all the while I get notification that events have shown up on my account. When I try to reset the password the service does not work. When I call customer help they are unable to help. They open a ticket and nobody replies. What can be worse than the government not securing my data? Oh, hiring a company to monitor my data that is obviously as incompetent as the government was in protecting it in the first place. Time to lawyer up and start suing everyone involved.

Judy
October 6th, 2015 Seattle, WA

Someone please shoot me...this is the worst torture I have had to endure on the phone. The message repeats continuously for more than an hour...constantly with no breaks. No customer service unless you want to try sitting on the phone waiting for more than an hour with this torture.

Suzanne
August 13th, 2015 Lillington, NC

This is an update from my last review. I did receive a reply to my first email, 28 days after it was sent. I got a reply to the second email 2 days later. Neither of those emails answered, or even attempted to answer my question. Bottom line, don't expect any kind of customer service.

Angela
July 27th, 2015 FL

I was forced into this "protection" thanks the OPM breach. I set up my account and have not been able to gain access since because now it does not recognize any of my information. Contacted the help desk and their response was to give me the web address. I am pretty sure that I already have that since I used it to set up the account. Just to find the customer support information is difficult because it is buried. The does not appear to be any way to "recover" user ID or password that actually works. Would NEVER recommend this or purchase this with my money, already disgusted that my tax dollars are paying for this!

jON KEENETH
July 23rd, 2015 Lorton, VA

I just spoke with Jodene, one of the CSID security specialists who read me long boring standard pitches but failed to answer my very specific about how CSID would protect additional personal information I might provide like credit card nunbers, health insurance group and individual ids, etc. She answered that secure sockets would protect but did not know levels of encryption etc. SSD would only protect my upload but she did not address protection of my data on their systems, especially since they are querying the numbers on dark web IP addresses. The more specific my questions the angrier she got. Like trying to teach a pig to fly -- pig just gets angry but never lifts off the ground. I suppose a good thing is OPM's breach is that its providing a lot of minimum wage jobs for residents of South Carolina.

Suzanne
July 17th, 2015 Clayton, NC

I enrolled with the free South Carolina monitoring. I had a question about an alert that popped up on July 13th. I called, during business hours, and waited 20 minutes for someone to answer before I hung up. I then sent an email to the address listed on their website. Two days later I sent another email because I had not gotten a response. I called again today and got through almost immediately. My question was answered, then I asked about the email. She put me on hold, then when she came back she said that the email address was used to send emails out, that they rarely responded to them. I asked her why it was listed on the website if it was not an option to contact them, and she told me that they just did not check it regularly, but I would eventually get a response. They shouldn't have an email address listed if they aren't going to read the emails.

ScarletDove
July 14th, 2015 Bethesda, MD

I am yet another fed retiree enmeshed in the incompetence of OPM allowing all our data to be breached. I did my research on CSID and OPM contracted with #111 rated ID theft company CSID, rather than #1 Lifelock, after they were incompetent in keeping our personal records safe. After the fact does not help any of us, #111 CSID does not help any of us. And we should not get 1 yr help, we should be given #1 Lifelock coverage for the rest of our lives!

JV
July 6th, 2015 Seattle, WA

I'm one of the affected targets of Office of Personnel Mgt data breach. OPM is paying for $1 million ID theft insurance til Dec2016 through CSID Protector Plus (your tax dollars at work!). Should I take this offer & sign with CSID? Can't be sure based on your review. Please advise. Thanks

Mary Anne SImonds
June 22nd, 2015 Anderson, SC

Just started using them. Very friendly and helpful.

Wakinyan
June 5th, 2015 Sterling, VA

"CSID is not taking any individual customers and is only working with businesses or individuals involved in data breaches." This is very important to me. I am a federal employee and when a company makes room for the soon to be new enrollees of a data breach conflict, that make me feel secure that my identity will be protected! Thank you CSID