Goodman Manufacturing Logo

Goodman Manufacturing

LAST UPDATED: September 17th, 2021

Goodman Manufacturing is an HVAC company that has been providing its services since 1975, when founder Harold V. Goodman decided to go into business for himself. Harold started out as a HVAC contractor in 1854, so by the time he started his company, it was already highly experienced in the industry. The Goodman Manufacturing goal is to revolutionize the HVAC industry by providing the best service and equipment possible.

The Good

• 10-Year Warranty
  • Energy Calculator
  • Charitable

10-Year Warranty

According to its website, Goodman Manufacturing was the first company among HVAC manufacturers to offer a 10-year warranty on all functional parts. For specific warranty information on each individual model or product, customers can find warranty certificates on the company website. Customers who want to benefit from the full extent of Goodman Manufacturing warranties need to register their product within 60 days of purchase.

Energy Calculator

The Goodman Manufacturing website has a tools section that, among other things, offers an energy calculator tool. With this tool, customers will be able to estimate how much energy and money they can expect to save with each individual HVAC system.

Charitable

Being a Texas-based company, recent disaster has called for the need of more and more resources. Goodman Manufacturing has generously launched a campaign called Operation Returning Comfort to fund relief efforts for those who have been affected by flooding.

The Bad

Undisclosed Information

As a result of its status as a manufacturer-only business, customers who are interested in seeing pricing information won’t find any estimates on the Goodman Manufacturing website. As well as a lack of pricing information, Goodman Manufacturing does not disclose anything about additional fees.

The Bottom Line

Goodman Manufacturing has a lot of experience in the HVAC industry, but not nearly as much as some other companies in the industry. The company offers a good warranty on all functional parts and has focused a good amount of its efforts on charities. Though the company has done well in the small area in which it operates, there are some downsides to its service. Goodman Manufacturing only provides its services to a few states in the U.S. However, we do recommend Goodman Manufacturing to customers living within its area of service.

View Best HVAC Companies

RONALD WHITE Phoenix, AZ

Our HVAC serviceman recommended a Goodman unit to us as a replacement for our dead unit. We are so glad that he did. Our 4 ton unit was replaced in 2014 and we have had exceptional service from this air conditioner (heat pump). We have it serviced every year and have only had a couple of parts replaced in these 7 years of ownership. It runs efficiently and keeps our comfort level high and our electric bills low. I have recommended Goodman units to many friends and they have been very pleased with our recommendation. It is a very quiet yet efficient air conditioner and highly recommend to others when it is time to replace your old unit.

Erik Lewis Atlanta, GA

Decent experience for the price, though the unit died sooner than expected but that seems common with mini-splits. I got credit on a larger model.

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

Goodman produces great affordable HVAC systems. I have first-hand experience of Goodman installed in 4 homes and there have been no problems. I would definitely recommend Goodman over any of the top tiered, proprietary, over-priced brands.

Sade b Oklahoma City, OK

This is a great company! Their customer service is amazing if you need assistance with your products. I do recommend to be a customer of this company.

Alexey Ukhnalev Laguna Niguel, CA

He gave me a great deal on my A/C system and helped me resolve an issue for a couple hundred dollars versus the guy who came out that tried to sell me an A/C system for eight grand.

Amrit Nandrey Brentwood, TN

Goodman makes some of the good HVAC equipment. I used theirs when my existing HVAC died after serving me for 11 years. I received good warranty from them and the installer.

Anupom Ganguli Arcadia, CA

Gas Furnace at home has worked well with only one repair needed in last 21 years. Solid unit with good performance! Recommend it.

Frank Barreca Houston, TX

Outstanding product. AC is better than expected. Well made and modified for costal climate

Noureddine Lalami San Francisco, CA

The equipments are reasonably priced to other competitors. The HVAC is performing well so far.

Angelina Hamilton Gulfport, MS

Bought a whole new unit for our home. Was reasonably priced and can with a good warranty. Unit is very quiet and ever energy efficient.