Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Home Warranty below.

3.1

Marie Butler

June 23rd, 2020 Pinellas Park, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everytime I call to get my buyers set up they are on it!! My last inquiry they called within minutes! Always helpful and on top of the latest deals. I appreciate all the support!

Cee

June 23rd, 2020 Riverview, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called to have a review of my policy and a billing issue. The review and the billing issue were both handled promptly and with professionalism. Thank you!

Rabih Ibrahim

June 23rd, 2020 Sugar Land, TX

Friendly and knowledgeable. He made me a good deal I couldn’t refuse

Vanilla Fudge

June 23rd, 2020 Philadelphia, PA

Because I just obtained a policy number today I really can't say what my experience has been like. However, I can say that one of your company's reps, Daniel C was very nice, polite, and knowledgeable. Mr. C answered all of my questions. In the future if everyone and everything is as nice as Mr. C, my experience will be good.

unhappy customer

June 23rd, 2020 Chestermere, AB DETAILS arrow_drop_down

denied our claim because we hadn't had warranty long enough. What's the point of buying a 12 month plan if you only get 9 months warranty? And when you buy a new house problems show up earlier than later

Connie

June 23rd, 2020 Kansas City, MO

Zachary was very helpful and was able to set me up with a Platinum plan for 3 years and I got an additional 6 months at a discounted rate. This is my first time working with Select Home Warranty and I hope that when I do need something fixed, that I get the same great customer service.

Ron Tahtinen

June 23rd, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

Ben T was a great help! Thanks Ben!

Cindy M's

June 23rd, 2020 Myakka City, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Buyer Beware! After submitting a claim it was over 8 hours before anyone contacted me and only then by email. The email only stayed that I would receive technician information within 48 hours. Also they do not cover installation of parts required. When I purchased my policy sales did not bother to inform me there would be an additional hold period for the start date to my policy for payment to clear. Their website states receipt if payment which was taken right then. This company is misleading in every aspect. If you want repairs done quickly or at all you won't get that here. Cancelling my policy.

Richard D

June 23rd, 2020 Navarre, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our refrigerator failed soon after purchasing our warranty, and the whole process to get the unit serviced was so simple and efficient. Once it was determined that the unit could not be fixed, the company contacted me quickly to offer solutions. Thank you for your excellent service!

Darlene Tracy

June 23rd, 2020 Gautier, MS

Isaac m was very helpful and informative

Donna Welch

June 22nd, 2020 Cincinnati, OH

Daniel C was so helpful. I feel good knowing I have coverage if I need it.

Dalton Patterson

June 22nd, 2020 The Villages, FL

Ray answered all of our questions.... very pleased .

Dudley Rivette

June 22nd, 2020 ,

Agent was very helpful to explain the various options of the plan and was very helpful especially to explain the best coverage for the money. He was especially available as we discussed the details re filing for help when something broke.

Orgesse Neto

June 22nd, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy access to policy details and flexible claim processing.

Jessica Olson

June 22nd, 2020 Nevada, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So far I have had no problems with this company. They are really helpful on the phone.

Amon Facho

June 22nd, 2020 Bakersfield, CA

Until now I have not used the benefits . However the sales offer was good and the sales representative was convincing and good.

Miss Evans

June 22nd, 2020 Horn Lake, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just signed up with Select Home Warranty. Customer service was great! I recommended this company to my friends.

Zane Coquat

June 21st, 2020 Ripley, TN

Courteousness Just getting started so wait to see if

jonskaggs1993

June 21st, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

I’ve only purchased a contract with them this far but I can tell the customer service and overall experience is far superior to the previous company I was with. I spoke with Bruce A who gave me several pieces of great advice and offered me a plan that fit my needs as well as utilizing my veteran and first time home buying status. I’m very pleased with this service and I’ve only just begun.

Anna Gonzales

June 21st, 2020 Union City, CA

Ed C was very knowledgeable and courteous. He was able to answer all our questions we had and made me feel comfortable going forward with the order. Thank you!

Charles Baldwin

June 20th, 2020 Tyler, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Really worked with me to get the plan together

Mahmoud Soliman

June 19th, 2020 Leesburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst company ever I had for appliances home warranty. I have them for 2 years and I called them 3 times: one for my bathroom faucet, one for my stove, one for my cloth washer. BUT they never fix anything, and they told me that my appliances is too old to be fixed. Every time I make countless calls and explain the situation, but they are super slow, do not understand, do not help at all. They always find a way to reject your claim or assign a bad technicians who do not know what they are doing. It is my mistake because I bought 3 years policy and I could not get any refund. Every claim I have made has been rejected. The last claim I filed was to fix my cloth washer machine since March 23, 2020, till today 06-18-2020 they did not fix it or even send anyone to help. They open multiple claims for the same problem but never fix it, I opened Claim #01 in March (closed) & Claim #: 02 in May (closed) and # 03 on June 2020 Complained to many managers, but nothing been fixed. SATAY AWAY.

Douglas Moore Jr

June 19th, 2020 Detroit, MI

everything went real smooth as too signing up for my home warranty, the sales person Tom was great in helping me choose a plan.....Thanks again Tom

Lesley Delgadillo

June 19th, 2020 ,

Great customer service. Sam M helped me get an affordable plan suitable for my needs.

[email protected]

June 19th, 2020 Lebanon, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Peter G did a great job explaining the various options. He was very professional and there was no high pressure. We look forward to working with SHW

Jacob Barnes

June 19th, 2020 Muskegon, MI

Sam M helped me understand the contract in depth and what all would be covered. He was very knowledgeable about the plans and which one would best suite me. I just bought a house that has some age on it and just talking to him gave me peace of mind knowing that I'm covered. And adding the pool was a breeze and cheap compared to other warranty programs out there. Thank you Sam M

Betty Morphew

June 19th, 2020 Mobile, AL

Friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, professional... did an exceptional job explaining the very positive aspects of your home Warrenty.b

Daniel Plumey

June 18th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Smooth, transparent and professional service! I really enjoyed the call and appreciated how he looked after me as a senior military veteran.

NANCY K TACKETT

June 18th, 2020 Somerset, PA

Great, very friendly, eager to help and answer all questions

Tameka Mingo

June 18th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

William P Help me answer all my questions.

Michelle French

June 18th, 2020 Crestline, CA

Bruce A was great to work with, efficient, professional and gave us an outstanding deal!

karen blaszyk

June 18th, 2020 Venice, FL

answered my questions quickly, and had my new policy in under 2 hours!

Joey Parsons

June 18th, 2020 Jackson, OH

It was quick & easy to take care of my policy set up

Pooja Khanna

June 18th, 2020 Round Rock, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I highly recommend staying away from this company. During the sales process, sales will be chasing you and offering discounts but when its time to open claim, you will notice that most of your claims will be denied. There are several loop holes in the contract that have you stuck and leaves a customer helpless. I have been with them for over 2 years with a total of 4 claims - all denied ( only one accepted eventually) that too was a nightmare. What are are told is covered by sales people is not what is actually covered and claims department will tell you different story. Reps can also get rude and raise their tone on calls. The company is bogus and I would not want any of you to have to go through what I did.

Susie

June 18th, 2020 Grantsville, UT

Jake H did a good job helping with it.

Pam

June 18th, 2020 Kearney, MO

Jake H did an excellent job for me. He explained everything to me and got me an excellent rate. Very professional.

Maya B

June 18th, 2020 Northridge, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

be aware, there is one word in the 17 page contract that states "installation" not covered, which means that no Labor charges will be covered. Technician who came by to fix AC simply stated that 70% of costs of his bill was Labor. Their Contract is bogus. Do Not use this company.

shannon27

June 18th, 2020 Lake Mary, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was looking to switch home warranty companies so I put an online request in and Greg T called me back promptly. He was knowledgable and explained the warranty choices and prices. I did sign up for one year! I am only putting 3 stars for quality of product, because I have not used their services yet so I am not sure!

BEATRICE CUMMINGS

June 18th, 2020 Dallas, TX

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE: GREG T GAVE GOOD ADVISE AND A GOOD DISCOUNT. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. SHW IS THE WAY TO GO 🤗

Ron Little

June 18th, 2020 Lake Havasu City, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very poor experience I have been 5 days without hot water

Sumeet Arora

June 17th, 2020 Cypress, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

very bad experience so far. bought 5 years policy few months ago and i needed a service first time 4 days ago when my garbage disposal broke. i have not been able to get hold of anyone since then. Tried calling Richard Z, the guy who sold me the policy many times and he kept putting me on indefinite holds. Very very frustrating experience so far. no body calls back or take any responsibility. thinking of cancelling the policy now.

ANGELO J MARTARANO

June 17th, 2020 Clarks Summit, PA

paid for warranty waiting to receive it,your salesman was great

Emilia

June 17th, 2020 Bettendorf, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jonathan was amazingly competent and helpful throughout the process of selecting a home warranty for our home. I would recommend him to all friends and family.

Jim Day

June 17th, 2020 Hampstead, NC

I spoke with Alan S and he provided me with very clear and concise information about you home warranty. He covered the various options and did not put undue pressure on me to make a choice. If your coverage is as good as your sales rep. I will be most pleased. Jim Day

Ian F.

June 17th, 2020 Hattiesburg, MS

The marketing professional was very helpful in answering all my questions and getting me the best rate available.

Mary Alice Trobaugh

June 17th, 2020 Marietta, GA

Chase R was extremely helpful in setting up my new account. Am glad to be part of the Select Home Warranty family.

Ron Murrey

June 16th, 2020 Clovis, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Salesman Zachary H was very helpful and courteous. He answered my questions very throughly. He recommended the multiyear coverage and was very thorough in presenting the many options! Select covers my home appliances and major expense items with one of their policies.

Suzi Lyon

June 16th, 2020 Tucson, AZ

I appreciate the call and information given. I did not find all the information I was looking for on the site when first investigating.

Steve Little

June 16th, 2020 Freehold, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just got off the phone with Mark J. He worked with my wife and me to set up a warranty policy. Mark was efficient, knowledgeable, and courteous. Confirmation and a copy of my warranty policy arrived via email within several minutes. His level of customer service and efficiency reflects very favorably on his company. I highly recommend working with Mark when you set up your warranty policy!

Uwe Thaysen

June 16th, 2020 Sacramento, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Signed up for a 3 year plan, very good rate.