Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Home Warranty below.

3.1

David

June 30th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

Connor B was outstanding in explaining

David Wendel

June 30th, 2020 Thomasville, GA

I liked the industry rating and the cost of coverage. A true rating will come if I ever need your service and how that repair goes.

Randy Gibson

June 30th, 2020 Palm Bay, FL

Ed C was very helpful with the package that I choose , and very persistent in his call backs. Thank You Very Much ED. Randy Gibson

Billy Taylor

June 30th, 2020 Salina, KS

Very kind and helpful when they called me.

Wei & Chin Chen

June 30th, 2020 Edmond, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased Select Home Warranty yesterday with the help of Ben T , who was knowledgeable about the warranty program and was courteous to handle my questions and purchase. He provided excellent service in all.

B Ha

June 30th, 2020 Fredericksburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great sales representative that explained all of the details prior to signing up. Pricing and coverage are competitive and love the fact that I can choose my own technician.

Cindy Staley-Harter

June 29th, 2020 Auburn, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The sales associate was pleasant, knowledgeable and easy to talk with as he made sure I understood everything throughout the call. He also was able to answer all of my questions. I am always afraid of calls that ask for private financial information but he was able to make me relax and trust him.

Sherry

June 29th, 2020 Marathon, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The salesman was very helpful. I was purchasing a Home Warranty on my home that I was selling. Ed C helped me with the purchase, and afterwards I had to make some corrections as to the name on the contract. Mr. C saw to it, and quickly! The next day, the closing company wanted a paid receipt, and Mr. C immediately forwarded the receipt. He was very pleasant on the phone and courteous at all times.

Ron Curry

June 29th, 2020 La Vergne, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Home Warranty Horrible Service This company is sub par and provides horrible service. They even have the unmitigated gall to attempt to delegate their work which they should be performing to their paying customers. They often are unable to secure service providers to meet the needs of their customers and are generally lazy and unprofessional when interacting with their customers. My advice is to avoid Select Home Warranty at all costs as they are a complete waste of money and time. One of the worst organizations that I have ever encountered!

jason hudson

June 29th, 2020 Lake Forest, CA

I just signed up. Hopefully if I even need to use the home warranty it is as easy and friendly as the initial signing up!

Joyce Williams

June 29th, 2020 Temple, TX

Easy and very competitive with the other companies researched. Made the process less taxing and the discounts were amazing. Hopefully its a good company, seem to rank high on research.

Sarahjb24

June 29th, 2020 Lake Villa, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ed C answered all my questions and was helpful in helping me understand the policy!

Nancy Cox

June 29th, 2020 New York, NY

Tom B was very helpful explaining my different options.

Randy McElroy

June 29th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service! Helped me out in a pinch.

Paulette Foreman

June 29th, 2020 Gilbert, AZ

I was very pleased with Fred who helped answer questions I had and got me set up with my home warranty. He was quick and efficient and I feel better that my appliances are now protected.

Max

June 28th, 2020 Miami, FL

I just started my contract today and the costumer service given by Fred L was outstanding.

Jennifer Brown

June 27th, 2020 Bethany, OK

The representative Sam M was great. He answered all my questions and helped me get the most discounts and the best warranty coverage for my new home. I am new to Select Warranty so I havent had to use their services just yet but I feel comfortable knowing that my home will be covered if something breaks down in my home.

YOLANDA WATSON

June 26th, 2020 Plano, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give this company a negative rating if I could. They are a fraud. Their advertisement is false; they do not replace. They offer you a replacement amount that is so low there is no way you can replace for that price. If you give them a poor rating they will try to increase you replacement value to get a good rating. Shady business practices, stay away from this company Stay away from this company.

Robert Olguin

June 26th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Daniel C is very knowledgeable and professional.

R. E. MAGEE

June 26th, 2020 Madison, MS

BRUCE WAS KNOWLEDGEABLE AND PROMPT IN RESPONDING TO ALL MY QUESTIONS. YOUR COVERAGE LOOKS EXCELLENT AND I WAS PLEASED WITH BRUCE'S WILLINGNESS TO RESPOND TO SEVERAL INQUIRIES I MADE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION THROUGHOUT TE PROCESS. HE'S A VERY GOOD CLOSER AND THAT IS COMING FROM A 40 PLUS YEAR SALES MANAGER FOR A LARGE REGIONAL CORRUGATED PACKAGING COMPANY WHO TRAINED DOZENS OF SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSONNEL. WE WERE A CHOICE CUSTOMER UNTIL WE CAME UP FOR RENEWAL AND BRUCE CLOSED THE DEAL.

Rae T

June 26th, 2020 Redlands, CA

George S was very helpful in answering my questions and get me started on my plan. George was polite and professional.

Pat

June 26th, 2020 Albemarle, NC

I just signed up with select home warranty so so far have no experience with the claims department but if they are as good as the representative, Daniel C then I will be very happy. Have had another warranty company for 4 years and so not happy with them.

renee Pittman

June 26th, 2020 Front Royal, VA

How I'm buying a new home and I wanted to make sure that all my appliances are covered. So I selected the right choice and my monthly charges are at a good price

Yadira

June 26th, 2020 Channelview, TX

Best service representative Chase R was the BEST in kwowledge and service thanks Mr R was a pleasure

Deepak Nihalani

June 26th, 2020 Mt. Pleasant, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my first signup experience with SHW. The process was easy and the help from George S, the customer representative is highly appreciated. As I start utilizing their service, I will post more reviews about their performances.

West Chester

June 26th, 2020 Mason, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total False claims. DO NOT WASTE MONEY IN BUYINF SELECT HOME WARRANTY. IT IS SLIGHTLY CHEAPER BUT WORTHLESS. My AC is not working for almost 20 days. When I signed up I paid Select Home Warranty for 3 years on assuance that issues like these will be addressed quickly and save money on repairs. If can't fix will replace etc. ALL THEY OFFER ME IS $150 FOR ac repairs when compressor has gone bad.

Frank Withhart

June 26th, 2020 Roscoe, IL

George was very helpful explaining details of the coverage.

Benjy Grant

June 25th, 2020 , MN

Peter G was very good to work with. Tried to help me get the best deal. Very nice to work with!

Dayna Nichols

June 25th, 2020 Bakersfield, CA

I was able to get all of thoe information quickly online and immediately received an email personally from Maddy L, a sales rep. she also called me and answered all of my questions and gave me excellent service and suggestions. Now I will follow-up with her whenever I have an issue that I do not understand as I feel she will do her best to help me find a great solution.

adnanaalisic

June 25th, 2020 Glendale, AZ

Customer service representative was kind and efficient. Very helpful with my needs for my warranty plan he explained everything... Thank you.

Amarjeet Grewal

June 25th, 2020 Stockton, CA

Hmr bruce was the best in all fields he explained very will and help me to get good deal

Louise Pollard

June 25th, 2020 Santee, CA

Richard Z was very kind, explanation of policy was clear.

Kim H.

June 25th, 2020 Granite Falls, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is nothing good about this company. I took out this policy in December 2019. I filed a claim on May 19, 2020 for an air conditioner not working. They did not have technician to send and I was told to find my own. I did and the compressor is bad. I still do not have a resolution. Every time I call I am told it is with the authorizations department and I will receive an email within 24-48 hours. I was asked for pictures and service records on 6/11/20. I sent pics and told the agency that I did not have service records. It was noted and still nothing, not even a denial. I have been hung up on multiple times and even had a supervisor talk very rudely. The supervisor said the contract stated we needed service records and we violated. I explained the contract stated they would provide a technician, so they were in violation as well. The supervisor said he would give us $250. We told him we wanted to talk with someone about cancellation and a refund. He said someone would call us back. Of course that didn’t happen. We called back and inquired about a refund. We were told the amount they would refund. We asked to speak to another manager because that amount was unacceptable. We got hung up on again. We called back and was told our policy had been canceled. We stated we did not cancel, we only inquired. They said, “ that’s not what is written here.” We have been unable to get anyone else on the phone since then without getting hung up on. We are returning to American Home Shield.

Andree Kolarick

June 25th, 2020 Boynton Beach, FL

Richard Z was very professional, friendly an informative. He helped me to feel at ease while picking my package. Explaining what the differences were. He also informed me of programs where I would keep this years lower rates. No pressure sales. Just a wonderful experience. I saved money before I even started. I look forward to being taken care of by Select Home Warranty.

Naomi

June 25th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Chase was nice and knowledgeable about the services provided by the company. He was able to answer all my questions and go the best quote compared to 3 other companies I previously contacted. I hope their good customer service remains the same when and if I ever need to file a claim.

Jim Tarter

June 25th, 2020 Smyrna, GA

Zachary was very professional and truly had our best interest in mind

Debra Powell

June 25th, 2020 Waldorf, MD

Yesterday I purchased a three -year home warranty for my home. I worked with Daniel C, who patiently and thoroughly explained the different plans and what each plan covered. My original plan was to purchase a one-year warranty. However, after discussing each of the warrantly plans in detail with Daniel, I decided to purchase the three-year Platinum Care Package.. Daniel was able to give me some amazing discounts which made my purchase very affordable. It was really a pleasure doing business with Daniel.

Sherice

June 25th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The planium plan and copay amount nice pri

Bob Heilman

June 24th, 2020 Grants Pass, OR

This company has a good reputation and fair prices.

Teanne

June 24th, 2020 Montgomery, AL

Bruce was very polite and made sure I understood everything about the warranty.

R M Texas

June 24th, 2020 Crowley, TX

Quick response. Listened to concern/situation. Able to react quickly with options.

Charles Sasser

June 24th, 2020 Ocoee, FL

Tom B was very helpful. He was knowledgeable and explained everything perfectly.

Janice R Gates

June 24th, 2020 Yuma, AZ

Needed a Home Warranty company. Talked with Sean G on the phone. He was very helpful and explained everything to us. Even encouraged us to go with the 3 year plan, which we did. Contacted Sean again about getting an email copy of the policy. It came to me while I was still on the phone with him. Because of Sean, we will go with Secure Home Warranty again in 3 years.

Kanti Gopal

June 24th, 2020 Oakland, CA

Mr m,explain everything and didn’t push me,about getting anything extra

Roland Z

June 24th, 2020 Cowpens, SC

excellent consulting and advise and good discounts

Kristopher Hines

June 24th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was great talking to Mark J. He helped me chose the plan that was right for us.

Rosemary Delgado

June 24th, 2020 Glendale, AZ

Excellent customer service representative. Jonathan S was respectful and courteous. He was extremely patient in explaining the services and rates, and very knowledgeable about the company and services rendered. He responded to my email immediately after I had additional questions. I am pleased I selected this home warranty.

Sergio Arellano

June 24th, 2020 Simi Valley, CA

Great Sales representative. Very informative and friendly. Answred all my questions and explained how things get started.

Xingfa Han

June 24th, 2020 Beaverton, OR

Josh is one of the best agents that i have ever dealt with---polite, friendly, and knowledgeable for clients and about his company. so the suggestion from me is that the management people should take care of him and put him into a team for future leadership. GM, watch your back, Josh is running after you. .

allen turnere

June 24th, 2020 Potomac, MD

They wanted to help me and give me a good deal.