Select Home Warranty Logo

Select Home Warranty

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

6.3

Tom and Michelle Armenta Mesa, AZ

Sept,2019 - Decided to shop around for new H.warranty company. Select Home was one of the that I contacted. I talked to a , Sam M and we compared policy's . My current and Select Home W. ,to my surprise there was a considerable difference in savings. Mr. M helped me go over all that my wife and I were looking for. I thanked him for his patience in answering all of our questions and concern's. We did sign up , thanks again , Sam. :)

Jaime Derby, KS

I purchased my house 3 months ago and our garbage disposal went out a few days ago. I called Select Home Warrant regarding it. I never was placed on hold and the phone call was around 5 minutes. (Huge plus!) I was told that my claim would be sent to the claims department and if approved I will get an email regarding the step to proceed. I checked my email less than an hour later and I received one. Fast service is a huge thing!

Cynthia and Warren L. Stovell

Highly-reputable company by far. Select Home Warranty offers outstanding rates that do not compare with other home warranty companies in today's marketplace. Customer service agent, Kevin S, addressed all of my questions and comments and was extremely professional and efficient in every way possible. Looking forward to a long and rewarding association with Select Home Warranty. Thank you for providing great overall service!

Luis Gonzales Edinburg, TX

I was very impressed with your quick response concerning my AC. I was treated in a very professional manner and appreciate the explanation of my policy which I understand now. The AC repairman was very punctual and courteous. He explained how I may need a new unit in the future, however, at the current time some extra Freon should do the job since the unit is still cooling to some degree. I will continue to recommend Select Home Warranty to all my family and friends. Once again, thank you. Until next time.

Jim Mason Chattanooga, TN

I added two properties for the first time a month ago. I am so pleased with the coverage, service, and cost that today I just added three more properties! The cost went down even more on the premium and service call fee and of course get an extra month free of charge. When my 6th and 7th property warranties expire later this year that will make all 7 of my properties serviced by Select! I highly recommend Select to all property owners. They are an advantage over competition in every aspect.

Mona Fort Lauderdale, FL

I was very happy that Richard was my salesman. He was friendly, patient and knowledgeable. He presented an excellent plan which will allow us to save money annually and extend the length of the plan. I had a question after I purchased the contract and I called Richard back. He called me back promptly and fully answered my questions. I expect to do further business with Richard in the near future.

Xiaofeng Li Lutz, FL

I had home warranty policy with someone else for a few years. I was not quite happy with it. I started shopping around. I am so surprised that I got a phone call from a rep. as soon as I filled form online. Adam (salesperson) was very friendly over the phone. He didn't push but persuade me to buy the policy. He is smart. I never buy anything if I feel pressure. Whole process of purchasing a home warranty went smooth and quick. I hope the claim service if I need in the future will be as pleasant as buying the policy.

Alexandra Acosta North Brunswick, NJ

I was completing a quote online and had Brad contact me a few minutes after to see if I had any questions on the pricing that was provided. He explained to me all three packages and I ended up with the platinum coverage which made most sense to get because it covered the most out of the other two. Brad made sure I got the best deal and promotion and was able to get my first 14 months at a lower price then advertised. I’m satisfied with my transaction.

Joey Durham Sumter, SC

I just cancelled a warranty with CHOICE Home warranty and wanted information about some other warranty companies. I researched Select Home warranty and asked the questions concerning the systems I needed covered and Select had better coverage at a better price than CHOICE did. The process to get set up went great and the sales associate was extremely kind, knowledgeable and professional. Great experience.

Marie Bates Southaven, MS

I would like to give a five star well deserved review Mr. Richard Z. My customer service experience was friendly, professional and extremely accommodating!!! He was very detailed when he explained the multi-year promotions that were being offered. I was so very grateful to be the recipient of such awesome customer service!!! I will spread the good word to friends and neighbors!!!

Tom Queen Creek, AZ

My claim was handle in the most professional way as possible. A confirmation was emailed to me with company and contact info of the company scheduled to do repair. Also was informed to contact them (SHW) if we didn't hear from them within 24 hours. This wasn't the 1st time that we needed a repair and was always treated the same way. We've been a customer for the past 6 years.

Carrie Pardue Bucyrus, KS

I’ve bought Select Home Platinum Care Plan in October of 2015 and 6 months later we had a leak in the master bathroom. The process of filing a claim is super easy and hassle free. I got to talk to a friendly lady (Dawn) who was welcoming and accommodating throughout the call. She got every detail to make sure that someone will come out as soon as possible. I will recommend this to all home owners.

Mark Oconnor Mesa, AZ

Home is where the heart is, and there is no greater pleasure after work than going home to a very comfortable home. But a roof leak, a broken toilet or even a fridge that is not working could ruin it all. So I protected my home by purchasing a home warranty from Select Home Warranty. I have everything covered in my home and never had I had any hassle in making them come out to fix any of my issue.

Jessica Gomez McKinney, TX

I normally would do the laundry every Saturday morning. Last week, the dryer isn’t drying at all. I called for service repair. When the tech inspected my dyer and there was a broken part. He ordered it right away and the insurance covered it too. Very professional. I’m happy to be dealing with Select Home Warranty. They seem to work together to provide extraordinary services. I believe that every homeowner deserves the best company. I would recommend them to anyone.

Rodrigo Philipps Sioux Falls, SD

Unfortunately, my dad noticed that the light is flickering in the kitchen and 2 hours later we had no electricity. He called Select Home and they immediately dispatched an electrician who happened to be nearby. He did his diagnosis and worked efficiently.  I think he has a good sense of humor too as I hear dad laughing at the top of his lungs. This is more than customer service. I am impressed. Thank you Select.

Jonathan Cooper

Nothing is worse coming from work with a broken HVAC system during Winter. Then it get worse, you cannot find someone to fix the system. This happened to me with my old home warranty. It was so frustrating. So I had to change and purchased a plan with Select Home Warranty. No matter what time and day of the year, this company has not failed me once. They know how to take care of their customers and will do extra mile just to make you comfortable. Thank you SHW.

Jessica Puckett Bluffton, SC

I am a multiple home owner of properties and I always recommend Select Home warranty above all other companies. I’ve been dealing with Select Home for the past 15 years and even counting. They offer the best deals and discounted policies. They are fast, reliable and quality is on top of their priority. You don’t have to worry when you are with the right company. You can never go wrong with Select Home Warranty. Great experience.

Gia Minter Cleveland, OH

I had issues with my plumbing stoppage and called Select Home Warranty. My problem was resolved in just one call and the job was done in a timely manner. I had proven that Select Home Warranty only deals with certified professional contractors. Every time I call for help they always make sure to send out knowledgeable a contractor who knows what they are doing. I’m happy with the level of competence of this people. Satisfied customer so far.

David Sauers

Select home warranty put words in my mouth when filing a water heater claim. They said I said it was leaking which I did not say. I had to get my own plumber to say it was not leaking. Then Select said it had a gas leak. Again I had my own plumber say it was not leaking gas. Then they try and say the 30 days wasn’t up to cover the water heater. I join Select Home Warranty January 10, 2024. It is now March 19th 2024 and the 30 days is pasted and they refused to comply with the contract, put words in my mouth and circumvents the contract.

Gw Mcklintock Conneaut, OH

Classic case of what happens if you don't read the fine print. They don't tell you during the sales pitch that after a certain age, Select depreciates the item and will only pay a small percentage. Learned this the hard way after the CSR told me and to go ahead with the repair only to find out they wouldn't reimburse me because it was too expensive for a repair. After deducting the service call, they only gave me 10% of what I paid.

Navraj Cheema Houston, TX

Title: "Beware of Select Home Warranty - Scam Alert!" I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with Select Home Warranty, and it's safe to say it was an absolute nightmare. This company engages in deceptive practices by putting a cap on repairs, essentially scamming customers who trusted them for reliable service. The so-called warranty is nothing more than a false sense of security. Save yourself the frustration and steer clear of this company. Their service is not just bad – it's a blatant scam that preys on unsuspecting customers. Avoid at all costs! If I can put - stars for it . And I have platinum coverage Here is a clause they hide in contract . 10.1 Dimensions, Brand and Color, Limits. Select will not be responsible for matching a system or appliances color, brand, or dimensions and only is responsible for repairing and/or replacing systems or appliances of similar capacity and efficiency. The following guidelines will be implemented to provide a repair/replacement allowance. For heating or cooling equipment (hvac),the repair/replacement allowance is $2000. For appliances, plumbing and electrical(non-heating or cooling) the repair/replacement allowance is $500. For additional coverage options the repair/replacement allowance is $400. If Freon coverage is selected as an option the limit is $200.Furthermore you agree that during the first 30 days of coverage, no coverage will be provided for replacement of entire systems or appliances or Evaporator Coils, condenser coils. Compressors, control boards, motors of any kind.

Ya Chang Miami, FL

I started the policy on November 23, 2023. The sale agent is a liar, who told me that the policy start after 30 days and I can cancel in the middle of the year without cancellation fee. After 32 days, my fridge had a problem, so I submit a claim. Then the agent told me that there is a fine print, If I pay by credit card, the waiting period is the 35 days instead of 30 days (which is Dec. 28, 2023). Then I decided to cancel the policy on Dec 27, 2023, the agent told me there is a $75 cancellation fee. It is totally ridiculous that they charge the cancellation fee for a policy that never started and I never used. And they refused to refund the two monthly charge ($42*2 = $84). So they just scam customers to pay $159 for a policy that never take effect for even 1 day!

Laura Ellsworth Evansville, IN

I bought a home and the owner provided a Select Home Warranty (SHW). My water heater went out and I filed a claim. First issue was they did not have a person available to assess and had me find my own after 2 days. I did so and obtained an estimate of $1850 because it was not fixable. My service person spoke to them on the phone and they told him it was authorized. I did not trust them because I had to call multiple times to discuss the invoice sent. I was told they had not received the invoice however after I insisted they finally "located it". Two of the people that I spoke to were obviously working from home, were difficult to understand, had children in the background, and I don't think they could easily access some of the previous calls I had made . Then I was told they would only authorize $175 based on the age of the current water heater and would only pay $65 for the service call they had me request because they did not have any providers available. This policy was $500 paid for by my seller. So beware. They will run you around and do not pay to REPLACE. They give you the value of your current item.

Aisha Al Hommoud

Researched this company and enrolled based on favorable reviews, so I am putting one out to save the next victim. Keep your money, I wouldn't recommend this to my enemy. The salesperson sells you a plan and tries to collect upfront from you for 3 years with a discount. That's because they know they won't pay any of your claims. When filing a claim be prepared to talk to people from all over the world, some are nicer than others- reading off a script- NO problem. Then you have to spend endless hours following up on your claim. You are asked to submit maintenance records for a home that you just purchased and finally, they will grace you with an approval of $100 on a $1000 heater claim in November. If they approve it. Plumbing won't cover fixtures- just FYI you have to pay $200 more for them to be covered- That's an added benefit, but they will pretend to give you a "free roof leak coverage" to stand out from the competition. The beautiful document that you will get when you sign up doesn't have all of the exclusions that will follow. You will also be charged $75 to cancel your policy early. If you decide to take your chance, do it month-to-month.

7 months ago Edited December 11, 2023

John C San Ramon, CA

Don't ever use Select Home Warranty. I don't want other people to struggle like me when the repair is needed the most and find out that it is not covered. Before I purchased the policy with Select Home Warranty, I checked and made sure what was covered and not. Since most of the home warranty have a max. coverage, I made sure that there is enough cost to cover the central AC, roof leak, major appliance repair, etc. The salesperson even modified max. cap as $11,000 in my contract. After three months with Select Home Warranty, I had a roof leak in my living room. According to their website and contract, this is what is stated. Covered: A leak in your bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen, or any other occupied area of your home is covered, so be sure to check for leaks after storms and make a claim as needed. Not Covered: Certain areas of a roof are not covered, such as if the leak occurs on a patio or through a metal roof. Take a look at our home warranty terms to be sure you’re covering the essential parts of your home’s roof. I opened the service request with them. SHW said that they don't have any contractors available in my area. I don't live in a remote area. I live in the Bay Area in CA. They requested me to get quotes from the contractors of my choice, so I did. I got two quotes and submitted them. They rejected my claim. I spent two weeks going back and forward with them. They gave BS reasons. When I fought back with legitimate reasons why this should be covered, they kept on giving more BS reasons. In the end, I ended up repairing the roof leak from my own pocket because I didn't want more damage on my roof. I also canceled my policy with them. They prorated a refund on my three years of contact with them. The roof leak was my first claim, and they didn't honor the claim. It should have been a full refund, but not.

Beverly Hopkins Charlotte, NC

Select Home Warranty and there associates are responsive and took great care to ensure that my furnace problem was resolved in a very timely manner!

Select Home Warranty Logo

Reply from Select Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback !

Jan. 18th, 2021

Donna Burns Albuquerque, NM

Select home warranty kept texting me about the progress of finding someone in this difficult time very excellent care I thank you so much everyone

Elaine Key

The pool company they assigned has taken too long to diagnose and repair. Then they are making me pay up front and get reimbursement. Uptown pool says select has not been paying them so I have to pay the them and get reimbursement from select. This totally unacceptable. I will be looking for a different warranty company. Select also is only paying $400 of the the $473.88 it cost to get it repaired. So that means I am out the forty-five co pay and an additional $73.88 plus I have to wait to get the $400 from select.

Robert Ianarelli

My air conditioner didn't cool. The service man said there was a leak in the coil and it had to be replaced. Select said they wouldn't pay because they don't cover freon leaks even though they cover air conditioning systems. Some weeks ago I had a problem with the ice maker in my refrigerator. Again they said they cover refrigerators but not the ice maker. They seem to cover everything except what actually breaks.

Stephanie

They harass you when it's time for renewal and they don't keep notes in your file. When you call about something you already talked to them about they have no idea about previous conversations."

A. Harold

I've only had to use the service once for my dryer. Contact and response were great. Service by the technician was awesome.

Johnny Q. Brown

I really haven't had to use them yet. They were very polite in the conversations I had with their customer service concerning the coverage I was looking for.

Donna Kirkes Wichita, KS

Have never received any proof of membership or service information don't get any reply when I try to contact for a service contract. I haven't used service much yet but do expect service contract like other companies provide."

Jameson berry Logan, UT

They've been fair prompt and friendly. The only thing I would say bad about them is they try to repair stuff that is just going to keep braking every month.

Beth Vernon Lexington, NC

So far I've had 2 claims neither of which have I been sent any reimbursement. I've received the offers of what would be paid and since these were highly in adequate for the amount of money I paid out of pocket for just one of the claims. Service response for emergencies was terrible. I plan on submitting a letter of complaint as well as posting on all my social media and I will also pass on to several realtors I know as well as family members. I will also post on yelp as well.

Teresa Husbands

Very deceptive. Talks about covering all systems in the home. Neglects to mention that systems covered wil. Be pro tated for reimbursement will be based on age of said system

Derek Medeiros

best home warranty company I have used. The quality for the price is unmatched. There is no doubt I will renew when the time comes.

Sandy Cruces

Because I called about my hot water heater starting to go bad, they told me to call a plumber...when I felt that they should have paid for the hot water heater. Then I could have someone hook it up for me. And I still have a bad hot water heater.

John Gira

They are liars, and have loopholes of every kind to deny claims. Most recently, I had a problem with a very expensive built in microwave. They didn't even send out a technician! They just decided to send a check for $95 for me to send my own technician and seek to repair/replace myself. What kind of coverage is that? Some treatment for a customer who has EIGHT policies with them.

Corky Henderson Chicago, IL

The responsiveness and communication are pretty good, but some of the vendors chosen to do the work seem to cause further issues and additional money, time and effort to get to a complete repair.

Linda Drago

I put in a claim for a leak from my refrigerator and they tried to tell me what the problem was over the phone. I believe a tech should have been sent to my home to diagnose the problem. I also have cancelled my 5 year renewal, but will keep the coverage for this year. I was told that an email would be sent to me confirming my cancellation, but none has been received.

Tyrone Dalton

I was referred to J&M appliance. They scammed me financially and broke my dryer. My dryer was never repaired and I keep getting harassed by J&M appliance. I never even got my reimbursement check never even got my reimbursement check. I cannot believe the lousy customer service, My overall experience was lousy and I had to cancel my service due to being ripped off from the J&M Appliance. The company also switch parts on my dryer with broken parts and try to get me to pay out-of-pocket for repairs and I was told not to tell the warranty company my overall experience was a nightmare.

Debra Davis Los Angeles, CA

They are prompt in sending out a technician to your residence. The telephone reps remained professional during each of our telephone communications. Select Home Warranty reimbursement process is quite lengthy.

Carol Fernandez

After they approved for our A/C to be replaced. I paid the money out of my pocket and it has been almost 2 years and still have not gotten any reimbursement from them. I emailed them several times. They requested information I sent US mail return receipt they claim they never received. I sent copy showing where someone had signed for the letter. Then they claimed they needed more into. I sent and never heard from them again, Two years is a long time to wait for them to approve reimbursement.

They consistently did not help me and put off work from being done. I had my air conditioner go out, and I live in the state of Florida. I had to call them sixteen different time to try to get someone out just to diagnose the problem that time they came out to diagnose the problem the person diagnosed the problem wrong and that's unable to fix it they never the company that collect chose never came back to fix the problem last time top that select using different companies that refuse to fix my problem I went nine weeks without air conditioning.

Sharon

Yes they tell you that when you buy this policy that they'll have somebody out to fix it within twenty four to forty eight hours and it takes forever, weeks. They sold me a bill of good, they're fast talkers and I mean I was in business for myself in the home improvement business for thirty years and if I ran my business like they ran there's I have been out of business. They tell you one thing and then they do something else it's absolutely bait-and-switch.

Kathy

I thought I was getting a better home warranty company than I previously had. Yes my washing machine broke and I was told when I bought the warranty and an extended warranty and I spent a load of money with this company and they told me that they would replace anything that washing machine was broken and when it came down to it they give me some all crap about what they can only give me a check for this much instead of actually replacing the appliance which is what I was told what happened. They are very difficult to work. with... I'm not pleased with this company at all.

Kapil

I had an understanding that they were going to repair or replace, and they didn't really do that for my dishwasher, which is just kind of sitting in limbo right now. I'm not impressed at all.

James

I've made calls about my air conditioner and they respond timely and appropriately. I've had the policy about two years. I called them and asked them to take a look at my AC when it quit cooling and of course within a day or so somebody was there told me what was wrong with it and once again Select Home Warranty wouldn't cover it. I am not very happy with it I am not renewing my policy and since I already spent the money out of pocket for the AC unit,

Vicki

I had the garbage disposal and ceiling fan go and they replaced them for a good price, it just is taking forever to get the reimbursement for the ceiling fan.