Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Home Warranty below.

3.1

mark.a.williamson32

July 7th, 2020 Red Oak, IA

George was kind and very knowledgeable in every question I had asked. Amazing customer service

mamta patel

July 7th, 2020 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am extremely disappointed with the lack of responsiveness the claims division has had over my AC unit. I have called multiple times over the past 11 days, since I initially placed my claim. The company has a 24-48 hour turn around for a technician to be dispatched. Initial submission on thrusday, technician dispatched Monday. Technician diagnosing issue as compressor "found to be shorted to Ground and tripping breaker in Garage." Upon dialoging with the technician he states the compressor of the AC unit is out, which leads to increased eltricity to be pulled causing circuit breaker to trip. I have called multiple times to speak with someone to update me on the status of claims dept over the past week. I live in Texas where we have had triple digit temps. Everytime I call I am told it will take 24 hours for the claims folks to pull my claim from the queue. On Thursday after requesting to speak to a Manager, I finally was directed to a Ron S who wrote me an email stating he would personally pull claim from the queue and have someone call or email me at and of business day with an approval. Sadly nothing happened. Even from the Manager. I send an email to this Manager, over the weekend. Today Monday, I have yet to hear back from him I call claims and again only to be told my claim was denied due to a diagnosis from the technician, stating it was electrical. When I told her that the was not the case that the technician was not meaning it was an electrical issue she cited a section of the contract and told she personally had this issue. She would be willing to give me a 650 dollar courtesy approval due to my "VIP status." I would have to have it replaced and then submit for reimbursement. When I asked if she was a certified technician capable of making this decision based on her professional experience and knowledge she reluctantly said she was not. I then asked for the technician to get on the call and explain his findings to the individual who is going to make the decision about coverage without knowledge of the problem. I again was told they will call. I Individually reached out to the technician who also states he is waiting on a call from the dept to clarify his diagnosis. The end result another hot, miserable day with an AC less home. Customer service reps are kind everytime however, they are able to actually implement a plan to resolve my issue. If this is what platinum level holders are treated, what do the rest of the customers experience?

Vicente Rodriguez

July 6th, 2020 Laveen, AZ

I love it.,great customer service and so politely

Arun K. Chattopadhyay

July 6th, 2020 Fremont, CA

Best part is the honest offering for the best deal that benefits the client without going through any lengthy boring bargaining. Short and sweet.

Adriene Olson

July 6th, 2020 Chandler, AZ

Sean was Awesome! He shared your information with instead of trying to sell me. Great experience!

Eileen Olivo

July 6th, 2020 Bloomsburg, PA

Isaac M was helpful and informative. He provided me with more information than I had imagined.

Rosalyn

July 6th, 2020 Alexander City, AL

Peter was very helpful and courteous answering all of my questions and did not make me feel pressured

Vishnu

July 6th, 2020 Ashburn, VA

Customer Service was great, explained clearly how the plan works and available promotions, etc.

Elizabeth King

July 6th, 2020 Akron, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use to be a customer in 2014. But left for a savings. Well found out that your company cost less for a year. Thanks for being out there to help when things mess up. Elizabeth King

Carolnn Y

July 6th, 2020 Alhambra, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just signed up with the company so I have not utilized its services yet. However, I do want to mention the Rep who signed me up, Moe H, very well mannered, helpful and professional. He was able to give me several discounts, even more than advertised so I appreciate his help very much.

Steve Stufflebean

July 5th, 2020 Dallas, TX

David W did a great job communicating the service plans offered was very nice ! Thank you Steve Stufflebean

tekgearguru

July 5th, 2020 Marietta, GA

Tom B was an exceptional representative handling my purchase. He was thorough and professional and very helpful in finding additional discounts I did not know I was aware of. I have used other Home Warranty companies in the past and consider the reviews for Select to be compelling and look forward to using their service if I ever have a need. Ask about the extension contracts for deeper discounts and if you are a Vet, Senior and new home buyer, they have excellent discounts for you !!

Richard Hall

July 5th, 2020 Loveland, OH

Daniel was very professional and easily explained how the policy works.

Lene Carter

July 4th, 2020 Richmond, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I called about my microwave oven. It wasn't working right. They checked the year of the serial and model number and told me I could get a reimbursement check and replace it for a total of $95.00. Not too sure where I can find one for that amount to match what I had. I guess that was better than nothing.

Reginald Walton

July 4th, 2020 Duluth, GA

Abraham did a great job presenting the products and options available! Just had him contact my mother-in-law and she purchased. Sorry for the late review.

IAN COUTTS

July 3rd, 2020 Miami, FL

YOUR SALES PEOPLE BEING ON THE BALL WITH THEIR MORE THAN PROMPT RESPONSE, BEST OFFERINGS & KNOWLEDGE

Mary Alexander

July 3rd, 2020 Tucson, AZ

Bruce A worked with me to be sure I had all the information to make an informed decision about what warranty coverage I needed and the options for pricing that would give best value. I look forward to seeing if their service people afford the same quality of care.

Sheena

July 3rd, 2020 Surprise, AZ

Ben T was my sales rep and he was very professional and helpful. He helped me to get a great deal on my home warranty plan.

Wanda Shanklin

July 3rd, 2020 Westerville, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My claim went into their system on Monday, June 29, 2020. This is Friday, July 3, 2020 and my kitchen sink still leaks.

[email protected]

July 3rd, 2020 Lincoln, CA

Mark was really helpful and he convinced me to leave my old warranty company.. I was able to get full covereage with an extra two moths for free! I am also paying a cheaper trade call fee that I was paying with my other company.. Thanks Mark!

Juan Gomez

July 3rd, 2020 Boise, ID

William P was very helpful with great customer service. Answered all my questions and was able to provide me with a great coverage for my home.

Andy Plescia

July 2nd, 2020 Sacramento, CA

Bruce A was very professional and helpful in discussing the Select Home Warranty Platinum Care Plan, and responding to my questions.

Daniel Cogan

July 2nd, 2020 Tulsa, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sales and value for the cost seem to be about the best on the market. I have had no service claims during my first year, but you never know what's coming.

Mike Wilson

July 2nd, 2020 Visalia, CA

Our sales rep was friendly, courteous, and very knowledgeable. He walked us through the process until we fully understood the warranty.

Moses Messenger

July 2nd, 2020 Winston-Salem, NC

Maddy L was awesome and was very helpful. I took advantage of the Visa discount because of Maddy

Vickie F Kennedy

July 2nd, 2020 Norfolk, VA

Jake was prompt and explained the ways to save on warranty.

Donald Richardson Jr.

July 2nd, 2020 Spring, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very easy to work with, was able to answer all questions.

Steve Drew

July 2nd, 2020 Plano, TX

Prompt service so far to get me signed up with what I need

Michael

July 2nd, 2020 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We chose to work with Select Home Warranty based on their positive reviews we read. We purchased a full home warranty plan one year ago to cover our entire home. A few months after purchasing the plan our heater broke so we contacted SHW for coverage. They sent a mechanic to look at the unit who had no understanding of the issue. We decided to call another professional heating service provider who fixed the issue quickly and charged less than SHW. We tried to get a reimbursement from SHW which took two months of back and forth and only happened when I threatened to cancel my service with them. After 3 months, we had another issue, this time with the A/C. We called our technician again who came to fix the issue. We sent the statement to SHW for reimbursement only to be told that this wasn't covered under the warranty, despite it clearly being covered. Then, last week we had another issue with a leak in our water heater. Again, we called a professional plumber who came to fix it the same day. When we sent the bill back to SHW for reimbursement, they again told us this wasn't covered because leaks with water heaters didn't qualify. After three consecutive cases, it's clear that SHW is running a scam and not reimbursing for services that are clearly covered under their policy. The representative will speak very nicely with you but make sure there are no results at the end. Stay away from this company if you want quality home warranty coverage

Ginger Smith

July 2nd, 2020 Winnsboro, SC

Matt was great help, kind and courteous.

Shandler Herbert

July 2nd, 2020 Chesapeake, VA

I did not have all the money up front but I was told it can be splint in to 3 payments and I can still save 100 bucks and get 2 free months and free roof added on! Thank you so much for working with my financial needs!

L Wil

July 2nd, 2020 Springfield, NJ

They cover almost everything that can and will eventually breakdown in my home.

Paul W Miller

July 2nd, 2020 Clifton, NJ

quick follow up by my agent Fred, courteous and reliable service

Darrell Matthews

July 2nd, 2020 Cary, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our sales rep, Jonathan, did a great job of explaining the different plans and options available.

Debbie Shaw

July 2nd, 2020 ,

Michele S was a absolute pleasure to work with. She actually made me feel at ease about purchasing this policy! Very genuine! very kind! Five Star at this point!

Cheryl

July 1st, 2020 Charlotte, NC

Maddy was spot on with answers. Switched from choice to here today

Susanna

July 1st, 2020 Dublin, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Able to use my local contractor if SHW could not find any technician to work with.

Ikechukwu Christian

July 1st, 2020 Beaverton, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I honestly don't have any more time to give to this company, so I will keep it short here and move on. DO NOT PROTECT YOUR HOME WITH SELECT HOME WARRANTY!!! I had two homes with them protected for 3 years and had to cancel both after a year when I realized nothing is going to change with them. They will give you more headaches than peace of mind when it's time to filing a claim or reimbursement. Worst off, it that when I called to cancel, they kept hanging up the call on me, I had to call multiple times, they refused to disclose my refund balance and said a billing agent will follow up with me later. Long story short, they tried to steal my balance to force me not to cancel, but it was not worth it anymore so I still canceled.

JAK2020

July 1st, 2020 Union City, CA

I spoke with Mark J regarding obtaining a home warranty for the buyer of our home. He provided us with exactly the kind of coverage we needed and honored a promotional price. He was quick and thorough in his work.

cal patronaggio

July 1st, 2020 Encinitas, CA

So far so good. Haven't had a claim yet but very courteous and professional

Carol Aldridge

July 1st, 2020 Prineville, OR

The introduction to coverage and reliability and of company with assistance of Jeff toward meeting our protection needs at this time was appreciated!

Jerry Rucker

July 1st, 2020 Athens, GA

Jason T unstood the coverage that i was looking for gave me a good price,and was very professional

Maria

July 1st, 2020 Grovetown, GA

I was reviewing different companies to check prices and customer service. I received a call immediately from Abraham D. He went over what was covered by the policy and the best option for me. If the service I get from the technicians (if I ever need them) are as good, I will be well pleased.

Burton

July 1st, 2020 Lanham, MD

Jonathan S showed excellent customer service. Very informative and answered all my questions with great detail

Bill Spunder

July 1st, 2020 Beaufort, SC

Answered all questions and gave me the best price possible.

Sharon Taylor-Pippen

June 30th, 2020 Maumelle, AR

It was smooth and easy!! Not time consuming and straight to the point!!

Dindo Olog

June 30th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX

Jonathan S is very courteous and was able to help us with our insurance needs . He is very pleasant and helpful on the phone , very good customer service . Thank you for your help, you are awesome !!!!

James Nauman

June 30th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a Select Home Warranty policy for around 2 years. I got it specifically for piece of mind if my AC unit needed repair or replacement. 6 days ago my unit stopped working. I called and could barely understand the rep. on the phone. I ended up waiting 2 days before an AC guy came out. He then charged me $60 and told me that the repairs (electrical issue with the compressor ) would have to be approved. I waited another 2 days before I received an email informing me that they did not cover electrical issues. If you don't cover electrical and don't cover Freon then you don't cover AC units. . Now I have to pay another company to come out and they are saying my AC needs replacing. I feel like this company just collects fees and has no intention on ever covering anything that you need a home warranty to cover. Dont waste your money. Wish I could given then negative stars.

Brianna

June 30th, 2020 Lancaster, PA

Zachary was awesome. He answered all my questions that I had and helped me to get the best deal in my area!

Gerald Spence

June 30th, 2020 Waldorf, MD

Ben T was a very cordial and efficient representative. I anticipate enjoying my membership as much as I did in our closing of the deal.