Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Home Warranty below.

3.1

Sue Delaney

July 14th, 2020 Chandler, AZ

I was pretty much set to sign up for the home warranty before talking to the agent but Jake H was able to answer all the questions I had making me feel more comfortable with my decision. Thank you Jake for all your help and patience.

Sheryl Templeton

July 14th, 2020 Citrus Heights, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ray S was very helpful and upfront with important details I needed to know in my decision making to go with Select Home Warranty.

Sudie Foster

July 14th, 2020 Fenton, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bruce Was awesome. Made sure we got the best prices with extra months. I also spoke to customer service person and they answered all my questions about the contract. Very knowledgeable

Naren Patel

July 13th, 2020 Corona, CA

Hard to say about on experience of services as I am new customer. But as far as the person I dealt with, name Peter, was very professional and very good salesman. Thanks.

Robert weeks

July 13th, 2020 Carrollton, TX

Very informative, had Answers to all my questions...

Tea

July 13th, 2020 Santa Rosa, CA

It was open communication and help us very well .

Sehra Han

July 13th, 2020 La Habra, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

STAY AWAY from this Company. They are the WORST. They say they will resolve your issue within 48 business day hours but that is a bald faced lie. I have been waiting 10 days not for a leak under my kitchen sink to be fixed and I STILL have not had this issue resolved. We had our kitchen sink start leaking July 3, ok so the business days don't start until July 6 but still no contact number from them for a plumber July 6 or 7th. By end of day July 8, I have to call them and see why they haven't delivered this contact info as promised. Only after I call them do I get someone to actually send me this information, 5 days after my initial claim was submitted. THEN after the plumber actually comes over and assesses that we need a new garbage disposal, we are told that it will take another 2 days to get approval for this part. I mean, it's cut and dry. We purchased a home warranty, this part is covered and therefore the part should be approved. How long does it take to simply get an approval? After 48 business day hours, once again, they don't call me. So by end of day on the 10th, they tell me that, not to worry, they will get me the approval by end of day. Again, another bald faced lie. No information, no approval, no nothing. By the 13th, my kitchen sink has been leaking for 10 days now. I have to put towels and buckets down to catch the water. I called them and was put on hold for a half an hour just to then get an answering machine. I called them back, was transferred to 3 different people in customer service who would do nothing other than pass me to another service agent who, once again did nothing to help me and pass me along to yet another person in circles and circles with no help. I had to call this company and be on the phone with them for 2 hours and still, the best they can do is tell me to wait longer for a manager to call me. I have no idea if anyone actually even will and they are already late at this point. This company is the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced. DON'T get a policy from them unless you are ok waiting indefinitely for an issue to be resolved. I don't know what is wrong with them. They clearly can't or won't do their jobs. I'm cancelling this policy as soon as this issue is resolved. They can pay for this one at least

Pramodh Narayanan

July 13th, 2020 Lake in the Hills, IL

The representative was very details in explaining the policy,the benefits and of course the discounts offered now. I am very pleased with Sean G, the sales representative who spoke with me and made me sign up for a 5 year-termed policy. Hats off!!!

Edith

July 13th, 2020 Bristol, CT

Sam was very helpful and polite Thank you

Marcus Mccrary

July 13th, 2020 Norcross, GA

So far customer service was great. Also, check your customer ratings.

Amy L Clendaniel

July 12th, 2020 Oceanside, CA

The web site was easy to navigate and there was immediate customer service that was of high quality. The ratings were the highest and cost was very competitive with other companies.

CARMEN M COLBERT

July 12th, 2020 Kansas City, MO

Heard about Select Home from a friend and looked it up online . Isaac M. got in touch with me , explained and recommended different options and set me up with a pretty good deal . Thank You Isaac , appreciated all your help !

Laura Kowalewich

July 12th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always quick to get service men out to help with a repair! Easy and flexible to work with.

Pam Light

July 12th, 2020 Parker, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zachary H was very helpful and knowledgeable.

Thomas o connor

July 12th, 2020 ,

Chase was very friendly and knowledgeable ,he explained everything to me and was very patient, is an asset to your company

naeem

July 12th, 2020 Decatur, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I signed up with this company in 2018 and bought a 3 yr package as it sounded like a good del. please do not do it. they have been increasingly hard to work with. they are not honoring their contract. all they do is keep transferring you from one rep to another. very frustrating, stay away from this company. all reviews on their website appear phony.

Laurie McVey

July 11th, 2020 Lutz, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

FAKE/ SCAM/ NO ONE CARES AND NO WAY TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK! !

Michelle

July 10th, 2020 Katy, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really appreciated the great customer service when setting up my warranty. My neighbors recommended Select Home and were very pleased when processing a claim for repair. Nice to have that peace of mind on home warranty.

Maureen

July 10th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Of course reps on phone are great. They want your business. After jumping through all their hoops they still denied my claim, after weeks of following up with them. Do not go with this company. Still waiting for refund check after cancelling my policy. They are very deceptive

THOMAS M TONKOVICH

July 10th, 2020 San Diego, CA

Steven K was very helpful in choosing the best plan for my budget. As a retiree and veteran living on a fixed income, he determined that I was entitled to both a Senior and a Senior discount on my policy. Our discussion was very professional and Steven was able to answer all my questions about the coverage. Following our conversation, I had a copy of the contract in an Email within less than one hour. The discussion was very professional and I look forward to a continuation of the service I have received so far.

Richard Jones

July 10th, 2020 Woodbridge, VA

To have used to want to service so far but I explained everything I needed to know when we're going over Initial set up so we'll see how everything works out and then I will give another Review

Michael Bell

July 10th, 2020 Opelika, AL

Jake H provided an excellent sales pitch and I will recommend Select Warranty to my friends, neighbors and family.

Courtenay

July 10th, 2020 Sterling, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Maddy L was awesome to speak to for signing up for peace of mind warranty. She gave us time to discuss the pros and cons of signing up for a multiyear service and did not pressure us into it. I hope that Select Home Warranty is as great as she was.

John Banks

July 10th, 2020 Upper Marlboro, MD

As I was looking at the product online Abraham D called and answered my questions. It was a very pleasing experience.

Ivette Garcia

July 9th, 2020 Canyon Country, CA

Tom B was informative, considerate, and accommodating. He was persistent to get my business, yet respectful. He delivered on what he offered. Really appreciate his professionalism.

LACY PARADISE

July 9th, 2020 Horseshoe Bay, TX

BRUCE IS AWESOME , THANK YOU FOR THE COVERAGE.

Gail Gibson

July 9th, 2020 Marrero, LA

Tom B was a great representative in reviewing all of my options and providing a listing of available discounts.

Faith

July 9th, 2020 Redondo Beach, CA

Jeff was very thorough, friendly and knowledgeable about the warranty coverages.

Melanie Koerperich

July 9th, 2020 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Daniel did an excellent job of taking care of us. We have multiple properties all covered by Select Home Warranty.

Vince Chang

July 9th, 2020 Irvine, CA

Richard Z, the sales rep on the phone was the best. He was professional, patient and detail, and explained all the options and terms for my home warranty.

Lauren Cutrone

July 9th, 2020 Round Rock, TX

Daniel was very helpful. I am currently with Choice and do not like them at all, they are very UNhelpful, so I am hoping my initial experience with Daniel will be what I can expect from Select Home Warranty throughout the duration of my contract.

JWL

July 9th, 2020 Hot Springs, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After dealing with my previous Home Warranty company for 4 years, getting pretty good service I was not happy with the annual rates increase even when there were years that I did not make any claims or repair calls I was all but frustrated so I started searching for a new Warranty Company. After reading reviews and rates I selected SHW, applied on line for the platinum 1 year plan and within minutes received a phone call Ben. He explained that plan I had purchased and offered some additional information and I ended up purchasing a 5 year, rate locked plan at an outstanding cost. I will recommend SHW to anyone that asks, you just can;t beat the deal!

kathy cate

July 9th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

David W is amazing!! David is professional, knowledgeable and is very nice to talk to. He answered all my questions with a great sense of diligence! I’m so grateful for all his help with selecting my home warranty plan! Kathy Cate

Carla Reece

July 9th, 2020 Lake Mary, FL

Daniel C. was very professional and knowledgeable and walked me through the different products. I secured the warranty that best fits my needs. Thank you!

Melodee Parker

July 9th, 2020 Nicholasville, KY

The representative, Sam M, really helped me out, explaining different options to consider. Sam was very professional and patient. He answered all my questions. I feel like I understand the warranty and the process to go through when needing service. I know that I can contact Sam and/or Select Home Warranty representative with any questions I may have in the future. Thank you!

Patrick Beckwith

July 9th, 2020 Wichita, KS

More H was very helpful in finding me the correct contract I really needed. Very detail person. Was not a pusher, I looked at other companies, but I was turn off because they tried to push you in a contract you really didn't need. I would recommend Select Home Warranty to my friends.

Angie

July 9th, 2020 San Mateo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Signed up in December. Filed a claim for spa with leak, even though was told all components are covered (including water lines)... Told leak not covered. So switched that optional coverage over to my water heater after finding out tankless w.h. not covered. Then they blamed the pandemic on not being able to find a technician, and was told I could find one on my own and would be reimbursed... For what? First of all service fee that would be normally $45 could be well over $150 that wouldn't be covered. Plus I found out they don't cover parts??? After reading other horror stories hear and here about fine print technicalities not covered and long wait times, waiting on hold on the phone to try to resolve / find out about canceling, sent to escalation, got hung up on. Yes Hung Up on. Was the last straw. I don't think I should have to pay for 5 months of nothing (they wanted to pro-rate) and said they'd send a check. Check never came. Had it with this bogus operation. Going t8hrough credit card company I used to pay for this sham to dispute charge since SHW did nothing.

Kate Chernivsky

July 9th, 2020 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Pushy sales tactics. My sales person suggested I spend more money than I told him I was comfortable spending, multiple times. It is extremely frustrating to tell someone ‘No thank you’ and be ignored. Multiple times!!!

irnwrkrich

July 9th, 2020 Roseville, CA

only experience so far is obtaining the warranty. I have not filed a claim so cannot rate how they respond to that. I was very happy with the sales person Zachary.

Candice Gesualdo

July 8th, 2020 Brunswick, OH

Lowered the price and locked me in forever at 399! I'll take it!

Sheena Parker

July 7th, 2020 Louisville, KY

David W was a great salesman and knew all the answers to my questions. He gave us great customer service and we are happy with what we purchased. Thank you Sheena Parker

Jerry Anger

July 7th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our Sales agent(Randy S) was very professional, patient, knowledgeable. He is a great asset to your company!!

Pamela Farha

July 7th, 2020 Flower Mound, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jeff was great to talk with about changing our current home warranty to SELECT HOME WARRANTY. Jeff was very knowledgeable and informative. He answered all my questions and concerns. And.. Jeff offered me some great ways to save money!! Highly recommend talking with him!

Shannon

July 7th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just signed up today and dealt with Fred. He was extremely knowledgeable and knew the answers to my questions immediately. If their warranty is as good as their customer service then I know I am in good hands.

Barb Vanderpool

July 7th, 2020 Kelseyville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don’t for a minute consider this company Filed a claim for electrical issue. 3 days later letter saying all techs were backlogged and could call electrician n submit for reimbursement. Well you know the answer to that one! While waiting for that expected response, the a/c stopped cooling, received same Letter ‘techs are backed up, can contract someone and submit for reimbursement.’ Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you.’ In addition, NEVER received a contract, even after 4 calls or a billing statement!

Charles M. Culler

July 7th, 2020 Arlington, VA

Like the coverage offered, and the option to reduce costs by getting a long term plan!

Darnell Sanford

July 7th, 2020 Conyers, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ray was really helpful in my purchasing process thank you.

Bill Sherrard

July 7th, 2020 Arlington, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Before choosing Select, I was covered by another home warranty company. My concern for the reliability and dependability of staying with this company started me searching for a better, more dependable, yet cost effective option. I chose Select as the best option. Jeff S, with Select, was very helpful answering my questions, to help me arrive at this decision.

Arvind

July 7th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

The Best sale person works as per need of client and he knows well about client. This is best things of company.

Ekpe Usoroh

July 7th, 2020 St Louis, MO

I am very leery of home warranty companies, being a realtor. I've heard so many bait and switch stories. So it's way too early to write a review on your company, but Sam was Great. Awesome customer service. He was very knowledgeable, listened, and upsold the pants off of me. You guys have a true asset im n Sam. If your service is as good as your customer service, you've got a customer for life.