Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Home Warranty below.

3.1

Erica

July 21st, 2020 Forest, VA

I had to speak with 3 different agents for a week span requesting a copy of my contract

Jill

July 21st, 2020 Georgetown, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their service is just ok. I had a hard time getting a technician to my house. They don't contract with very good people but in the end they let you pick your own. They also don't pay for much for the first 6 months so if you bought a house like we did you'll pay for most of the fixes.

Patrick

July 21st, 2020 Eugene, OR

Belinda was a superb representation of the company! She made it easy to do business with you. Belinda went above and beyond to ensure I understood the product and that I received the best value with the right options.

frank valeriani

July 21st, 2020 Plant City, FL

jeff was a excellent person very easy to work with

Jay Salemi

July 21st, 2020 Westminster, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The worst experience in my life, I caution everyone not to even think about SELECT. They are out there to take your money and service is not part of their agenda . When you happen to have a claim, 1st they accept your claim, then in a couple hour you get an email with unjustified reasoning, saying by further review that claim is not accepted and not covered under my policy. And when you call and ask for explanation, they hung up on you, very rude and improper.BAD, WORSE, The time you have to spend on phone to get to any SELECT agent can average at least 45 minutes each time. Shameful

Dameon Booker

July 21st, 2020 Long Beach, CA

He did not waste my time and was clear. I am hoping that the service is as great as his service.

Laura Stokes

July 20th, 2020 Portsmouth, VA

They were able to assist me via email (which was the best way to communicate with me at the moment). George was even able to offer me a better deal than the one I was selecting.

Test Sim

July 20th, 2020 Round Rock, TX

Spoke with Jake H and he was professional and knowledgeable about pur option of contracts.

David Almamza

July 20th, 2020 Natchitoches, LA

Jonathan explained my options and as a first time home owner. I felt comfortable and would be great if I could always speak to him.

Willy Santiago

July 20th, 2020 Orlando, FL

Answered my question in timely matter ...ray was very helpful

Ma Leah Kolendo

July 20th, 2020 Bakersfield, CA

Very good, the agent was very helpful. Got a 6 years coverage for a price for 5 years really a good deal thank you!

Resom Berhe

July 19th, 2020 Monroe, CT

I was researching to shop for a home warranty for the last couple of weeks and an agent, Jake H contacted me today with a very interesting proposals. After I made my mind to buy a one year warranty, he further took his time to provide a very good options and ended up with a five year plan. I have reviewed customers' review and I hope, if a need arises to use Home Warranty's service, I will get a five start service. Thank you Jake!!! you make my shopping experience as easy and pleasant as possible.

James Rusciano

July 19th, 2020 Boynton Beach, FL

Josh R was a pleasure to deal with and gave me a fair deal

Richard Bush

July 19th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Avoid using this company's services. These people blatantly stiffed me on a very common water heater failure, based on weasel words " we only cover water heater failure not a leaking water heater"...WTF!!!! last I heard a water heater fails when its pissing water all over your floors and carpet uncontrollably. Nothing but another rip off company taking your hard earned money waiting to stiff you when you call for services you paid for. So don't be fooled by appearances of being a reputable company because they are not. I would ad that the 8 dollar an hour people you speak with at Select seem to be nice kids, but they have sold their soul to work for a scammer business. Firing them today and going with CHOICE.

Hollie

July 17th, 2020 New Caney, TX

We were offered a great product with excellent value, much more than with our previous home warranty policy.

Linda Saltern

July 17th, 2020 Greeley, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sol was respectful and professional toward me, and was knowledgeable about the Home Warranty program. He answered all my questions, and did not pressure me at all. He actually made the process easy.

Roxann Battise

July 17th, 2020 ,

Sam M was very professional during our telephone conversation and is knowledgeable regarding the various coverage plans offered by Select Home Warranty.

Nayankumar B Trivedi

July 17th, 2020 Princeton, NJ

Excellent communication with clarity. No pressure, simply the spokesperson explained all the options and left us alone to select the one that fits us most.

Heather

July 17th, 2020 Madison, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service. Fast and efficient!

Paul Carl

July 17th, 2020 Cedar Park, TX

David W did a great job getting a great plan at a great price on my two houses.

Kristi

July 17th, 2020 Colorado Springs, CO

It’s affordable and good coverage on what we needed.

cveregge

July 17th, 2020 Little Rock, AR

Ralph S did an excellent job of explaining the contract and up selling.

john gallagher

July 17th, 2020 Clifton, NJ

very knowledgeable and friendly gave me a great deal. offered me many options and ideas. feel protected now.

Lisa Iceman

July 16th, 2020 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our plane process started first thing Monday morning. Got a case number immediately and was referred to a technician to come look at our air conditioner. I called the technician and he advised me the soonest he can come to look at my unit is on Wednesday. He informed me that he does not have time for warranty work, but they still send his information out. He was gracious enough to work me in. He came Wednesday morning looked at my unit sent in a request for authorization from Select Home Warranty. Thursday afternoon, he has still heard nothing from select home warranty. I have called them and they advised me this authorization process can take 24 to 48 hours. We are going into the weekend which means I will probably still not have air conditioner by Friday. I will have gone a whole week without the repair work done to my air conditioner in 97° heat. Completely unacceptable!

James Delp

July 16th, 2020 Santa Maria, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very poor service and I never received the contract which was promised. My washer needs repair and they have given me double talk/run around about this repair. Repair man call me from GA and I live in CA. I am cancelling my contract and advise other home owners to beware.

Amy

July 16th, 2020 Van Buren, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The professional experience with Mr Isaac was outstanding. During this pandemic I wish more customer service workers were like him. I just got enrolled so it will be later before I will be able to give my full experience about Select Home Warranty. For now I enjoy the start of this journey.

Iceman properties

July 16th, 2020 Louisville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is the middle of July with temps in mid to high 90’s. I submitted a claim on Monday and quickly received the name of an AC company to reach out to for the repair. Heard nothing from him towards the end of the day so I reached out to him. He advised me that he doesn’t know why they keep submitting his name for repairs because he is back logged with his own clients. I thought it was a mere Freon issue so he Walden Heating and air kindly wIrked me in on Wednesday morning. Troy submitted the claim for confirmation of blower to be replaced. 24 hours later he has not received confirmation. I called to try to expedite and was told they are very busy and don’t know when it will be reviewed. 4 days and still not repaired. Very unacceptable!

Sissy Quarfordt

July 16th, 2020 Cypress, TX

I have just begun a new home warranty and chose Select Home Warranty. Fred did a great job explaining coverages and details of the policy. I look forward to our new relationship!

David Roeltgen

July 16th, 2020 Pleasantville, NJ

Had multiple contacts with the company but no one was "pushy".

Pravin

July 16th, 2020 ,

The gentleman who handled my case was an excellent sales person and I would any day Recommend him to anybody. He went beyond his normal duties and explain to me everything in detail and I really appreciated that.

Jerry Hornung

July 16th, 2020 Darien, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ben T was very knowledgeable concerning the home insurance package I wanted. He explained several options to include more coverage and to reduce cost. Some I chose to go with and some I declined. He was ok with my choice and did not high pressure me into purchasing something I did not want. If I choose to upgrade in the future, I will definitely choose him as my advocate. Thank you, Ben. Jerry Hornung

Khalida Jalaly

July 16th, 2020 Pittsburg, CA

Steven K He gave excellent customer service I gave him 10 out of 10 for excellent customer service He was very smart and great attitudes

Pastor David

July 15th, 2020 Pasadena, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The online claim submission process is fast, easy and responsive. I end up making about one claim a year and the claim process and and service scheduling by Select Home Warranty is thorough and much more reliable than the other Home Warranty Plan I had.

Ms. Pierre

July 15th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA

Sean G provided exceptional service. He was thorough and provided great insight and knowledge about the plan that suits me and my needs.

jacquelinesoechtig

July 15th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

Jake H was great! I had spoken with several folks before Jake and all seemed to be not as knowledgeable as Jake or they just did not seem credible! Jake was efficient and gave me a great product for a great price! thank you! jacqie

Sherria Taylor

July 15th, 2020 Vista, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

By far the best signing-up experience I've had with a home warranty company. The additional benefits received from my being a teacher and a new homeowner are amazing. I also appreciate the built in protections for buyers in case we change our mind later down the road or something happens to the business. So far so good... will review after I've actually used the services.

Victor Bulos

July 15th, 2020 El Paso, TX

Representative Sam M was very knowledgeable and professional. He had excellent customer service skills and offered other plans that would benefit my needs and subsequently offered me a great over 55 plan.

RiveO

July 15th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL

Abraham worked with me and provided me with a good rate that neither Choice or Liberty Home Guard could beat.

Kristina Marcheva

July 15th, 2020 Orlando, FL

I had help from Bruce A and he was very helpful, friendly and professional. He offered me a great deal with my home warranty. Definitely recommend!! Thank you for your help!!

Marci Parrott

July 15th, 2020 Huntersville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The contractor was very professional and helpful!

Yesenia Diaz

July 15th, 2020 Alhambra, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm a Realtor, and I was doing research for my mother. Moe H provided excellent customer service. He went above & beyond to make sure he applied every discount for my mother. He was excellent with his communication skills, professional, and provided OUTSTANDING customer service! From this point forward...I will be referring ALL of my Real Estate clients, friends & family to Moe. I wasn't planning to purchase a home warranty for myself, but he provided an amazing opportunity that I just couldn't resist. I am so grateful to Moe, and Supervisor for making us customers for life...thank you!! :D

Donna Quesada

July 15th, 2020 Oakley, CA

George made it very simple to sign up for a home warranty.

Roberta Hackett-Rose

July 15th, 2020 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The application process was very easy and quick. All questions answered when asked during the process. I found SHW to be very personable and caring about my needs.

Wilson Petty

July 14th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

Very informative, not pushy at all. Answered all my questions promptly and was very courteous. made the whole experience very pleasant. Completely satisfied!

Pam

July 14th, 2020 Whittier, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Abraham D was very helpful in targeting what I was looking for in a home warranty.

Christine Alm

July 14th, 2020 Wichita Falls, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely the worst warranty company out there. DO NOT USE THEM!!! They go out of their way to research so they can deny claims. Their call center is in Asia. They took 2 weeks to get back to me on our air conditioner claim when it was over 100 degrees in TX. The technician that we called because theirs couldn't even come out for a week did everything possible to save money but it was a Carrier product and had to be replaced with carrier product. The bill was over $1000 and what did Select Warranty pay??? $150!!!! I feel like we were LIED to from the sales person that sold us this policy. They have a 30 day waiting period (standard for most warranty companies) but they don't tell you that they have a sliding scale if your item needs replacement, you almost have to wait 6 months to receive their full reimbursement. Everything is such an issue!!

Sandra

July 14th, 2020 Ringgold, GA

No high pressure sales, just good information From Sam M. I appreciate it and look forward to working with you in the future.

Bill

July 14th, 2020 Wexford, PA

Just signed with Select Home Warranty. Talked with Bruce A. My husband and I were very pleased with his assistance in choosing a plan. We received a military discount because of my husband's service.

Ary

July 14th, 2020 Twinsburg, OH

Peter was very helpful. He took the time to answer all of my questions thoroughly. His customer service was impeccable and I truly appreciate great customer service.

Michelle Arduengo-Sandino

July 14th, 2020 Merced, CA

When I looked on line for home warranties Select Home Warranty was rated as one of the best. Tom was very professional and answered all my questions. I haven't needed to use the services at this time so I cannot comment on that just yet.