Select Home Warranty Logo

Select Home Warranty

Is This Your Business?

5.4

Kelly White

Not the company I thought they were. My garbage sink disposal was leaking and they won't send anyone out for that. They send they would just process a claim for a new one an send it to me to install. As if I a housewife is going to know how to install a garberator. So they processed the claim as a plumbing issue so I could get someone to come. Then someone finally came and they said it was the garbage disposal and was going to replace it but now waiting on an email approval which still hasn't come. Then I have water leaking put of the botton of my refrigerator so I asked for someone to come and they sent an email saying they won't send anyone cause its not a condensation or plumbing leak so they don't fix that. So I have to get my own technician to come and look at it. A joke especially when I'm paying them $400 a year. I wish I could cancel my warranty but they won't let me cause I'm locked in for a year.

Jeff H

They hide a lot of things that won't be covered under n fine print. We had our AC go out and because I didn't have it maintained on regular basis. They only covered a small portion. This isn't something they tell you when they sell their service.

Danielle McLean

I contacted SHW on 9/3/2019 in reference to my refrigerator - they outsourced me to R2B Appliances - I kept calling R2B - they never answered their phones - I left messages - they never returned my calls - I even sent emails - still to this day which is 9/11/2019 - R2B never responded. I was told by SHW that R2B would be out to my house on Sunday, September 8, 2019 (1st I was told between 12 noon and 2 pm) when I called SHW at 2:30 pm to check on the status of R2B coming - the time was then extended to 5:00 pm - at 5:15 pm I called SHW back to see where R2B Appliances where I was then told that the R2B is closed on Sunday's and they (SHW) don't know why we were told that the company would come out to do a service check on the day that they were closed. Mind you my husband spoke with Andre - however we wanted to speak with the supervisor - the supervisor refused to come to the phone - said that she was busy - we asked Andre to have the supervisor to call us back - as of today which is September 11, 2019 - the supervisor that worked on Sunday, September 8, 2019 still has not called us back. On yesterday I received two different emails (1) informing us that R2B definitely would no longer be the contractor (2) informing us that ChipSet 21 is now the new contractor - I called ChipSet 1 to set up a date and on yesterday, September 10, 2019 that company came out to do a diagnostic test (now this has been going on since 9/3/2019 so of course all of our food is spoiled) - ChipSet 21 told us that they would submit their report saying that the refrigerator is not working - so I guess we will just wait to see how long this pans out.

Maggie Roe

I am frustrated over getting resolution regarding a claim. I have asked for a supervisor to call and have heard nothing. The claim was for a garage door opener. I have paid $120 so far and it still does not work. The current many has offered me $125. That will not even buy a new opener let alone get it installed, and it is in effect only $5 as I have already spent the $120!

Earl

We are having troubles getting reimbursed when we had to pay the refrigerator man out of pocket. We don't have a computer so it is a challenge, they should change how they reimburse people to make it easier and more streamlined.

Ms. Bell

Home Select is difficult to deal with because they don't cover claims , there is some reason they come up with to not cover a claim. Billing disputes are handled by canceling a customers contract without letting them know and keeping part of refund check for hidden fees. I have a distrust and would never use this company because of their poor customer service.

Ron Charlton

The A/C repairman didn't communicate to me what he did about my A/C failure. He did communicate that I owed him $45! My regular A/C service said he didn't think the defective circuit board that was suspect was changed!! I thought it had been.

Rashad Enterprise, AL

The customer service was good. They responded and I haven't had any issues. My bathroom had overflowed and they sent somebody out the next day. Everything was good.

Cheung Flourtown, PA

When I call, they have an answer for me. They come out come up pretty quickly and then quick stuff done. I always recommend to the other family member

Darlene Hendersonville, TN

They failed to let me know that my contract was about to expire. They never left a message on my answering machine so I called about a situation and they said my contract had expired the day before I've been with them several years I was not a happy camper. They did give me some extra coverage to retain me as a customer.

Linda Ogden, UT

They cover so many things that could break down in my home. That gives me peace of mind. I do think that they should send a written copy of the agreement in the mail.

Carol Albuquerque, NM

When electricity went out in my house we had an electrician come out and he figured out the problem and it was fixed. One of the other things I needed, was considered cosmetic and they wouldn't pay for it.

Anonymous Sandy, TX

They are very friendly and personable on the phone but they don't follow through. I've only used it one time for the garage door and they wanted me to pay the vendor and then they cut me a check, so it took several weeks to get my money. The next time I called, it wasn't covered.

Richard Rowlett, TX

I had plumbing problems and they covered it and they were really good about it. I appreciate that. They respond quickly. They have a lot of people here.

Anonymous Tucson, AZ

They've been prompt coming out to fix things that are broken. I needed a plumber and he came out and fixed it and cleaned up behind himself, which is really important.

Noa Ranoa Vista, CA

As a part time realtor, I like to use Select Home as an extra chip to close a sale. Buyers want protection and I want to feel like Everyone is covered. My buyers feel comfortable with me and what I offer.

Anthony Evans Blythewood, SC

The experience I had with select home warranty was excellent the gentleman Ray Sanders that I spoke with help me out very much he explained everything how the plan works and answered all my questions that I had he was very helpful very considerate and kind of what I had to ask him. Select home warranty I hope will work as well as I plan on it to. Thank you very much. Mr. Tony E

Doug & Martha Aikin Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I'm a new customer, so I haven't been able to put this new warranty to the test yet. I am impressed so far with your customer service that I've received, namely in dealing with Jonathan, who was very helpful to point out the most cost- effective options for us, and was very responsive in sending the policy and other info to us-same day. Thank you Jonathan!

Sandra Schenkweiler Charlotte, NC

Well today June 30th, 2021, we decided to go with Select Home Warranty, after a bad experience with Choice Home Warranty. The sales representative Mr. Henry R., carefully listened to our bad experience assuring us that nothing like that will happen with SHW, He explained to us the different plans, prices, covering and specials that SHW are having right now, my husband and I felt comfortable and decided to enroll with SHW. Thank you.

Michael Williams

Just singed up after a year with another Home Warranty Company. Daniel C was a pleasure to work with and had answers to all my questions. Select is the best rated Home Warranty Company in California, and that was important to me. They also had a special that made them $15 per month cheaper than the competition. I paid for a year in advance and got 2 months for free. I also have the option to select my own repair service. These were all good reasons to sign up with select. I have had a home warranty company for about 10 years and have found it pays for itself and helps me feel secure.

Sue Paulsen Zion, IL

I had a great Rep, Bryan O explain the warranty service to me and he also explained the claims process in depth. I purchased a home warranty for the people who are buying our house. They happen to be our next door neighbors so I wanted the best service I could find. After a lot of research and after talking to Bryan, I feel good about my decision to cover our house with Select Home Warranty.

Cheryl Pinkos Milton, FL

We just purchased a policy for our home from Jake H. He was excellent! He was most helpful, knowledgeable, and assertive, but not pushy (we liked that). We thoroughly enjoyed talking to him. He also gave us a great deal for our home. I highly recommend him. Thank you, Jake, for taking the time to explain things to us, and going over all our options. It was a pleasure. Melanie S. and Cheryl P.

Corinthia Uliasz Fayetteville, NC

Signed up for Select Home Warranty today, 11 June 2021. The sale rep (Zachary) was professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and pleasant to talk to. He answered all my questions and convinced me of the great value/quality of this home warranty. I purchased a policy for 5 years. I am looking forward to the years ahead for great quality work without hassles.

Jeff Hancock Vallejo, CA

Just purchased after a disastrous experience with another home warranty company. As I write this am still on eternal hold with my last home warranty company, something they continually do, since there web site is 90% useless. Ed C, Selects sales person was very knowable, helpful and patient. Am looking forward to receiving far superior service from Select, based on my experience with Ed.

Lorraine Smith Mobile, AL

The Select Home Warranty seems to be exactly what I was looking for in a home warranty. I had a few questions and spoke with a customer service representative. I was very happy with my customer service representative Daniel C. Mr. Daniel was professional, friendly, courteous and very knowledgeable. I believe I received a great deal for the coverage I am receiving.

Nina Cantu Houston, TX

My husband and I just had an excellent experience in signing up for Select Home Warranty. We spoke with Daniel C and we were very impressed with his professionalism and knowledge. He answered ALL of our questions without hesitation and was very clear and concise - he made us feel very comfortable with our 3 year plan choice! We are looking forward to having Select Home Warranty service. Thank you!

Princess Mel Aurora, IL

This is my first home purchase. After receiving multiple letters in the mail from bogus companies, I decided to do some research and learned that Select Home was rated No. 1. I filled out the quick survey and was contacted by Jake. He was very accommodating to my circumstances and answered my questions. If, or when, I ever need to use my warranty, I feel confident Select Home will take care of me.

Kathy Stewart Dallas, TX

Ed was a very nice gentleman but there's one time I'm up in age and I know he said the information would be on the my email I just wanted to ask is there a way I could get a book sent to me because I'm not good on the internet where I can read about you guys I just started with you guys this month and I'm a senior and I thought I would ask please thank you

Donna Neese Papillion, NE

I have signed up but not used the plan yet. Ray, the salesperson seemed very knowledgeable and interested in helping me sort through plans. He actually found savings because of my age and military background. I plan to be a lifetime member! I paid by credit card and with a one-month waiting period will start service after another company contract expires.

Denise M. Palmdale, CA

I searched on the internet for a home warranty company, after having my plan expire from my old provider. I was impressed with the rating for Select Home and started the information form. Before I could finish Sam was calling me, asking what was I looking for in home protection. He carefully explained all of my options and before the call was over, I signed up for a new plan. I was so impressed and excited that I referred a friend and co-worker to Sam by the end of the day.

Julia Los Angeles, CA

I was pleased with the knowledgeable Jonathan S. when he helped me walk through a quote and policy. He spent about 40 minutes working with me on finding the best plan and rate. Due to an unforeseen family decision I had to cancel my policy and thanks to Select Home Warranty's 30 day grace period, I was able to get a full refund on the CC. Jonathan called me to make sure everything was okay and even tried to get me a lower rate which I wish we could have accepted but again, due to a family circumstance we could not. Thank you Jonathan and please know that we will strongly consider Select Warranty for our next policy. The cancellation process could have been easier. I was supposed to receive a notification within 24 hours, but when I called after 36 asking for a refund status, I kept getting transferred from one rep to another 3 times until one of them was willing to look into it. He said the cancellation was 'stuck' and needed to be processed by the 'remorse' department. Ultimately the refund confirmation email took about a week, which I believe to be reasonable.

Juergen Brinkmann Fresno, CA

When I contacted Select Home Warranty I reviewed the options and various areas of coverage with the sales agent, Ray Sanders. Ray S. represented himself as a very skilled individual, easy to talk to and accommodating in all respects. I had some concerns regarding the integrity of the warranty and he was covering my concerns to the full extend. I can only hope that the rest of the company, i.e. service techs and administrators are as effective and forthcoming!! Sincerely, juergenb

Ralph Garcia Cypress, CA

I had a positive experience with the sales rep and he even asked a few times if i wanted to save money by charging half today and half later. I refused because i am on social security and know what I can and can not afford. He convinced me that this homeowners policy is better than what i presently have and assured me that the price will be locked in and i would not get any suprised charges, which to me is the greatest benefit a retired or any person could want or expect. Glad to have come aboard and look forward to doing business with your company Select Home Warranty!

Dave Picken Surprise, AZ

Ray S. was extremely professional and informative during our visit. He answered all my questions and presented the information very well. I hope that the service from Select Home Warranty company will be as complete as Ray was on our conversation. The information Ray shared with me gave me the confidence to trust purchasing Select Home Warranty as my provider.

Joy Pounders Florence, AL

Sean G. was the man I talked with by home phone. Very knowledgeable about very thing I ask. I have been with Sears for 19 yrs. Just became dissatisfied with them. The only problem with any of the plans is any thing that must be taken off is not included. Almost all people don't have a way to haul the item off. This a BIG concern. I hope I will be pleased. I also have had several people to sign up with you after I told them about you. Thanks so much , Joy Pounders

Robert Conway Tempe, AZ

The plan seemed very economical and I appreciated the discounts allowed for paying the annual rate rather than the monthly one. The sales agent, Zachary H, was efficient and pleasant to converse with. As promised, he immediately sent me all the warranty details to my email address. Though I have not had a chance to actually use the warranty service yet, I am confident that I will be pleased with any necessary rendered.

Dong Woo Kim Laurel, MD

Reasonable price. Discount on multi-year contract. Compared with other companies and this seems a great value. Service call fee is $45. Haven't used it yet, but I still have 4 years left. Peace of mind is a big plus, since the warranty covers most appliances and systems in the house. Because of this, I could ignore all the other individual appliance warranty offers.

J. Huddleston Wichita, KS

I was a customer with another company for 14 years, but dropped them because the were using two other contractors to place a claim. I called and spoke to Alex B. I knew right away that I wanted to use this company because of the excellent deal and his demeanor. Alex was a pleasure dealing with and I just hope that if someone calls customer service, they talk to Alex.

dlcali29 Needles, CA

I recently purchased a policy (a month ago), so I just passed the 30 day trial contract examination period. I had several questions needing clarification that my sales rep, Ed C., answered to my satisfaction. There was reasonable wait time to reach him and I even decided to purchase optional coverage for an addition item during my conversation with him. I gave 4 stars for company trustworthiness and quality of service only because that needs to be determined, as I have not needed to use the service yet. I have high expectation that it will be 5 star worthy.

PFMI Questions Van Nuys, CA

This is the second time I've purchased a warranty for one of my business management clients, and the sales reps are amazingly helpful and patient. One of my clients has also used the warranty a couple of times already, and she has been VERY pleased with the level of service and the quality of the contractors they have sent. Would highly recommend!

Scott Hampton Decatur, GA

THANK YOU ! I just received a much better and worthwhile home warranty plan from Select Home Warranty at a LOWER cost and with MORE coverage. The rep I spoke with, Bruce A., was also super professional, informative, supportive and understanding of my needs to protect my home. I have dealt with 3 different home warranty companies over the last 30 yrs and Select Home Warranty is by far the best. Again-THANK YOU and THANKS to Bruce!

Dianne Yabuki San Leandro, CA

WOW! I have been SO afraid to do business online because of the MANY unscrupulous people that take advantage of honest, unsuspecting consumers like me. How totally refreshing to talk with Chase R. while I was looking to buy warranty protection for my home appliances. Mr. R. was very patient, understanding, and reassuring to me! His manner made me comfortable and I was able to relax and became confident enough to accept his offer and give him my credit card information! Needless to say, I am now another happy customer... all thanks to Chase R.!! I am very glad I took his call.

Tippy Necole Shorewood, IL

I had been debating getting a home warranty, since I got my place August 28, 2020. I had been getting bombarded with mail about home warranties. I googled the top home warranties and Select Home Warranty was one that was listed. I started the process online and received a call within the first couple minutes. The Agent answered my questions and put my fears to rest.

David Novato, CA

Ben was very knowledgable, very helpful in explaining the different options, servcies, costs, service fees, etc. This helped me in making an informed decision. This company was 33% yearly and 75% more ( the annual increase) for the service fee than the company AHS which I had been with for seven years. I had almost no service calls with this company in seven years and if I did the service fee I paid covered 75% of the cost. Thank you Ben! Sorry AHS. Let me see how they perform if I have a service call.

William Elliott Keller, TX

Agent made several attempts to contact me before we connected. He was totally positive about the company. I have had contracts with several home maintenance companies. Select Home Warranty is highly rated so I expect exemplary service. Agent was able to answer all my questions and provide positive information concerning Select Home Warranty. Hoping for a long and positive relationship.

Mike Ridges Freeport, IL

I just canceled a previous Home Warranty because of extreme rate hikes, and began searching the internet for Home Warranty Companies. Select was rated A+ and I began to investigate. George S. contacted me, and after he assured me he was a ligitimate representative of the Company, we discussed my options. George explained all the plans available. I saved $52 per month and got better coverage than I had from the previous Company. I would rate George as a 5 star representative of Select Home Warranty.

Doreen ,

I contacted Alex B. to discuss signing up for a Select Home Warranty Policy. Alex was very helpful in answering all of my questions and clearing up any doubts I had about choosing a home warranty policy. He offered me a very nice discount plus 2 months free, Hopefully I will never have to contact him again...LOL..but if I do I feel confident Select Home will will meet my needs.

brandon bingham West Jordan, UT

Good representative. Pushed hard to close the deal though and tried to do a few add ons. I wasn't happy that he didn't take no for an answer immediately and that I had to reveal that I didn't have the cash to do it but that is probably what makes him a good salesperson. Just not my style. I usually do not like to deal with any type of salesperson.

Jim Dayton, TN

Isaac M is an outstanding representative for Select Home Warranty. With his expertise he lead me through the process of getting appropriate coverage for our home, as well as our rental home. Isaac was able to provide us with some amazing coverage at very, very affordable rates. We’ve been shopping for this type insurance, and have not been able to find the coverage we needed with other company. Select Home Warranty is the place for you!

Patrick Mac Mahon Chicago, IL

I had gone online to look at Home Warranties. I saw that Select Home Warranty was rated at the top. I was interested in a platinum plan that would last for a year, but I wanted it to start on March 1st. I didn't see the option online so I called the number and the staff member, Richard Z, was very helpful and able to make sure that the contract began on March 1st. It was also grateful that I was not waiting for someone to pick up the line. My call was answered immediately.