Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Home Warranty below.

3.1

Sharon Rutledge

July 28th, 2020 St Louis, MO

Jonathan S is amazing to work with

Kelly G.

July 28th, 2020 Parkesburg, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been with other home warranty companies in the past and they do not compare with Select Home Warranty. Had our first issue with our fridge, submitted the claim and had a tech assigned within about 2 hours. Tech came the next day fixed the issue and we are good to go. The techs they sent were very friendly and knowledgeable. Had the issue fixed in under 2 hours. I am so glad I chose Select Home Warranty!

Judy McNabb

July 28th, 2020 Fresno, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Mark was help full and very nice, he helped me make an informed decision on what I needed.

William Wamsley

July 28th, 2020 Fayetteville, NC

I like your ratings on line, even though I am a NY Giants Fan. LOL Steve K was Friendly, Professional and Helpful. Thanks and hopefully I will not be calling you. LOL

Dave Powell

July 28th, 2020 Saint Augustine, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Mark was great to work with and very knowledgeable.

Ajay Patel

July 28th, 2020 Southlake, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great response time! Sam M answered all my questions and was very friendly. He wasn't pushy like other programs I looked into. He went over all the details of the warranty very thoroughly. I have been searching around for a while and Select has had the best customer service from all the other places that I have called.

Mike Hawkins

July 28th, 2020 Travelers Rest, SC

Compared to the abysmal 15 year- 10k dollars in premiums experience with American Home Shield, I had an outstanding experience with SHW and found William to be a consummate professional. Hopefully he represents the type of service we can expect from SHW.

O’Franny

July 28th, 2020 Des Moines, IA

The customer service Chase R was very informative and worked well to get the cheapest rate locked in.

Tran

July 28th, 2020 ,

They offered 3 different plans based on your budget. On top of that, agent Jake H was able to give me more discount with long term plan. Overall , the plan I chose has saved me more money than the one I currently have with different company

Adam Baumwald

July 28th, 2020 Pikesville, MD

My customer service rep John S was very friendly, helpful and professional. He answered all of my questions and wa easy to chat with.

Rosa Sneed

July 27th, 2020 Levittown, PA

Daniel C was very helpful. He answered all the questions i had. Thank you.

Jamie

July 27th, 2020 Kayenta, AZ

Steven K did an excellent job in obtaining for us a multi-year home warranty.He made the offer difficult for us to refuse in regard to value for money, and also helped us with honest advice in regard to our concerns and needs for home coverage,flexible to.

Roger Hernandez

July 27th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

I was researching on the web for home warranties when I came across Select Home warranty. I read the information given on the site, and it fit the coverage I need. I entered the information required for a quote, and within minutes, Mr. Jake H called me and explained the different coverages available. After his expert explanation of the variety of coverages, I decided to purchase a Home Warranty from Mr. H. I feel that he gave me the best value for my money. Thank you, Mr.H, you're a valuable asset to your Company.

Glenn Tillman Jr

July 27th, 2020 Houston, TX

The gentleman was able to get a great deal.

Kathleen Wyman

July 27th, 2020 Safety Harbor, FL

I am new to this company but Ed C was very helpful in getting me set up.

Jeffrey Goldberg

July 27th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just signed up today, so this review is about my purchase experience. My sales representative Peter was very patient and thorough in his explanation of all the fine details of the contract. I had had a bad experience with another home warranty company in the past, so I was asking a lot of questions! Peter answered them all professionally and effectively. When there was one concern I had about the specific language of the contract, he directed my call to a supervisor named Jeremy who was able to clarify the issue to my complete satisfaction. I got a great deal on a multi-year package, and I have full confidence that SHW will provide me with the same outstanding claim/customer service I received today if I ever require it in the future. I didn't have any buyer's remorse afterward, as I felt fully confident that I had made the right decision in purchasing my home warranty with SHW. Jeffrey Goldberg

Tom Montgomery

July 27th, 2020 Lawrenceville, GA

I was looking for a competitive price for a home warranty, after 4 years with 2-10 they had continued to hike their yearly cost. In reviewing on-line I found Select Home one of the top picks. Greg T was fantastic to work with, he work to get the best price, fore to get the warranty with Select Homes. I would highly recommend doing comparative shopping. You will find a big difference. That's why I went with Select Home Warranty

Jeff

July 26th, 2020 Elizabeth City, NC

Was easy online application, followed by a brief phone call to confirm. Dan was excellent to point things out and explain key points . Hope when I call if ever for service. It is made with ease and resolved quickly. Left Sears warranty because it was hard to get through and scheduling wad up to 2 weeks out!!

TED LEW

July 25th, 2020 Poway, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not good! Two claims - zero resolved! First one in place for over two weeks. First technician thought leak was fixed. Still leaking, called SHW to report problem not fixed. Took several calls to get right authorization to tech (recall work order vice work order). No news after tech visit, called SHW and told will receive email with status in morning . Nothing, had to call SHW and told yes authorization sent. Second claim for water heater, which tech came out same time with the recall order. Heater leaking and tech said needs replaced. This was on Tuesday. Called on Wednesday to check on status and told have answer in morning. Called Thursday, authorization under manager review. Called Friday, same answer, under manager review. Called Saturday, authorization under manager review. No managers working over the weekend, so Monday would be soonest to get answer. Been without hot water for over week and really don't have good idea on when we'll have hot water again. This is first year with SHW and has been real DISAPPOINTING thus far.

Ron Feuer

July 25th, 2020 Reseda, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sam M gave me excellent service on the phone....because of him, I changed to Select from another company I had been with for many years...

Javier Guastavino

July 25th, 2020 Ormond Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Richard was great at answering all my question. It is a great value, and most important great peace of mind. I would definitely recommend this company. I am new to the home owning experience and it is nice to know that i am covered.

Jacob Philemon

July 25th, 2020 Frisco, TX

The yearly premium is very reasonable and affordable.

ROBERT SEUTE

July 24th, 2020 Edmond, OK

I was very satisfied! Ed C was extremely knowledgeable and professional. At 80 years of age no one can sell me anything, I only buy what I want. Ed explained the policy, features and discounts so well, that I wanted the policy as soon as possible. I bought it immediately.

Lewis Horwitz

July 24th, 2020 West Hills, CA

Abraham D was very creative and devised a plan for me that I felt was excellent.I look forward to the coverage by your company.

Gretchen Lundgren

July 24th, 2020 Brookline, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tom B was great in providing details about the various plans and options available.

Dale Philby

July 24th, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Per the contract, my central ac was not covered for 30 days after my policy started. It also states there is a 30 day waiting after you pay before coverage begins. THESE ARE NOT THE SAME THING! My AC broke down 48 days after my policy started. They wouldn't cover it! Everyone I spoke to just read the contract to me over and over. Whenever I would say that's 60 days nobody would acknowledge or repeat 60 days. They just kept reading the contract to me. They never paid anything

Cynthia Bader

July 24th, 2020 Stockton, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Moe H was so efficient and helpful with information it could not have been easier to gather the information needed to make a decision. Select Home Warranty also offers some coverage that others don’t and some of their additional coverages are quite a bit less than others.

Susan Bouvier

July 24th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL

Abraham was great! He was professional and helpful. He worked within my budget. Very happy with his customer service and knowledge.

Farzad R

July 24th, 2020 McKinney, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is bad company. They will give me good offer when I try to get home warranty but after one year when I call for garbage disposal repair and this really cheap repair. They never take care of it so I end of to take care of it myself. They are in business to empty out your packet do not trust them. If you want to get more information look at customer review at better business bureau and consumer affairs. So you understand how they handle the customers claims.

Dan Harvey

July 23rd, 2020 Santa Cruz, CA

Tom did a great job explaining things; no pressure exerted!

Mountaineer

July 23rd, 2020 Clarksburg, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I just signed up. Service will start in 30 days. My sales rep, Ralph S went out of his way to explain things to me. I had a list of questions. He addressed each question thoroughly. I hope I never need the service but I feel well protected. - Mike H.

Ruben Delgado

July 23rd, 2020 Houston, TX

We spoke with Daniel C with Select Home Warranty and he really explained the policy real well that we were real confident in signing up. He answered all my questions very well and made it so easy to sign up.

Donald Kent

July 23rd, 2020 Oceanside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jonathon S was informative and honest in his presentation re: The home warranty program.

Timothy G Hermesch

July 23rd, 2020 Cypress, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First, I appreciate Steven for being real, honest and heartfelt. I, personally, want to say it gave me a great feeling about Select Home Warranty. I am leaving American Homeshield as of September 4, 2020.

wk fisher

July 23rd, 2020 Johnson City, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Mark provided quick and efficient help with setting up my policy

Mary Ellen Morrissette

July 23rd, 2020 Sun City Center, FL

I was contacted by Daniel and he explained everything to me. He also explained the options of the various plans and their benefits. Daniel listened and answered every question I had. After speaking with Daniel I signed up with Select Home Warranty. He made me feel very comfortable in my decision.

Diane Dobson

July 23rd, 2020 Winter Park, FL

I called With a request for a new home owners warranty policy and I got a senior discount which I didn't realize they had because I have money problems now that really helped me. A customer service rep who helped me was very friendly and helpful he went out of his way to make sure I got the best price and that I knew what was included he advised me of all prices and fees I was very pleased

Debbie VanBuskirk

July 23rd, 2020 Fort Smith, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Abraham was really nice and professional. He explained everything to me and gave me a great deal! You are awesome and I will definitely recommend him and Select Home Warranty to everyone I know looking for a good home warranty company.

Narinder S Gill

July 23rd, 2020 Anaheim, CA

I just sigh up today Mr Mark was Very helpful

Gilbert Urrutia

July 22nd, 2020 Bryan, TX

Got the information I wanted. Rep.did a good job.

edward brandt

July 22nd, 2020 Sacramento, CA

very happy with what was explained to us. have been shopping around with other companys but was impressed with yours. bruce was great in all questions asked and was nice to talk to someone with his knowledge. thanks again.

Winston Smith

July 22nd, 2020 Fort Thomas, KY

Lucas S did a great job providing me all the information that I needed to evaluate your company. Thank You Lucas S!

Pat Nicholson

July 22nd, 2020 ,

Richard Z was my agent. He was very helpful and answered all of my questions. He was friendly but very professional.

Heidelore Contis

July 22nd, 2020 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The service was excellent Daniel C was courteous, efficient and prompt.

Glynis Moore

July 22nd, 2020 York, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service with Daniel C, very informative with the different plans your company offers that would best suit my needs.

Antoinette Covino

July 22nd, 2020 Estero, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sam M clearly and effectively addressed all our questions regarding Select Home Warranty.

Geneva McCants

July 22nd, 2020 McDonough, GA

Jane H reached out to me and assisted me with my order. He tried his best to get me to select a better plan but due to me having Cornavirus and not able to work I could not afford the annual price. But he did a great job on helping me with a better deal on my monthly price. This is what I call Great Customer Services! Thank you Jake H!!!

Mell

July 21st, 2020 San Francisco, CA

More H, our sales representative was very helpful and patient explaining to me how this home warranty works. I was very doubtful and unsure because this was something new to us. He assured us and walked me slowly thru it. I was very pleased.

Jim

July 21st, 2020 Coweta, OK

Very helpful.. explained everything about every question that I asked.

Omar Dennis

July 21st, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Belinda is always professional and easy to talk to. As a real estate agent, I’ve worked with her numerous times and have referred several clients to her company. I am confident that whomever does business with this company, will have great results.