Select Home Warranty has a proven track record of success. Several customers mention excellent customer service in Select Home Warranty reviews, and the company offers very competitive pricing. The warranty company has a free online quote generator and allows customers to file claims online. The home warranty company is headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey, and has been in operation since 2011.

Read Select Home Warranty reviews below to see what real consumers have to say about the warranty service provider.

The Good

• Online Claims Submissions
  • Coverage Options
  • Promotions
  • Helpful Website

Online Claim Submissions

Submitting claims is simple through the online submission form on Select Home Warranty's website, regardless of what warranty policy you have. All a customer must do is input their personal information and policy number, as well as a description of the problem. A Select Home Warranty claims representative will then contact you shortly after your submission. This provides peace of mind to homeowners, ensuring them a technician will be contacted quickly and be scheduled to repair or replace the problematic appliance in a short amount of time.

Coverage Options

Select Home Warranty has multiple coverage options for homeowners, buyers and sellers, contractors, and people in real estate. Customers also have the choice to upgrade to Gold Care or Platinum Care if they aren't satisfied with the Bronze Care home warranty plan and they want more peace of mind. If customers are willing to spend a bit extra, Select Home Warranty offers packages that cover all major appliances and home systems. A detailed list of all appliances that are covered for each home warranty plan is as follows:

Bronze Care

• Roof leak
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Lawn sprinkler system
  • Septic systems
  • Ice maker (in-refrigerator)
  • Lighting fixtures/plumbing fixtures
  • Additional air conditioning unit (each)
  • Additional heat/furnace (each)
  • Spa

Promotions

Select Home Warranty offers the occasional promotion. In the past, the warranty company has offered up to $200 discounts on the plan pricing, has given customers a few months of free home warranty coverage, and has even offered free roof coverage to new customers. These plans are usually time-sensitive and have deadlines, so new and potential customers would be wise to take advantage of promotions when they come along.

Helpful Website

Select Home Warranty has an extensive website that is easy to use and has a wide selection of information. The website includes a free online quote generator, making it easy for customers to get an idea of what their individual pricing and coverage would be like if they went with Select Home Warranty. The company's website also has a FAQ page and Blog section where they answer common questions and discuss topics related to the industry.

The Bad

• Repeat Service Fees
  • No Mobile App
  • State Availability

Repeat Service Fees

Select Home Warranty charges a service call fee, which customers will be expected to pay every time a technician visits their home, regardless of whether or not the item has been looked at recently. The payment must be paid at time of service, and failing to do so will result in your home service contract being suspended. If any suspension of the service contract occurs, this does not change or extend its original termination date. And any pre-existing conditions or malfunctions are not covered by the service contract. However, normal wear and tear of appliances is covered, and Select Home Warranty will repair it as part of the contract. Also, this is not uncommon within the home warranty industry to charge money for every time a repair person visits a customer's home.

No Mobile App

Select Home Warranty does not offer a mobile app for Android or Apple devices, unlike some other home warranty companies. Mobile apps are useful for customers to submit claims or pay fees through their mobile device instead of having to access a desktop, so the fact that the company doesn't offer one makes some processes less convenient.

State Availability

Service from this home warranty provider is available in most of the country. However, the company doesn't operate in the following states:

Click on your state in the list above to see the best-ranked home warranty companies available in your area.

The Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty is a highly legitimate company that offers extremely competitive pricing, a number of package options, a simple online claims process, a helpful website, and occasional promotions. Select Home Warranty has a proven track record and is great for providing homeowners protection for the wear and tear of major systems and appliances and to save money through avoiding high repair costs. With many positive reviews, the customer satisfaction level seems to be high. The company backs up its quality service with great home warranty coverage options.

We recommend that customers consider Select Home Warranty for its fantastic service and home warranty plans.

Read hundreds of Select Home Warranty reviews below to hear what customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Select Home Warranty below.

3.1

Dana Harrison

August 3rd, 2020 Plano, TX

Jake H was very helpful and was able to get me some really nice discounts.

Shelley Fields

August 3rd, 2020 Prescott Valley, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jake H was enthusiastic and knowledgeable, spoke clearly and assisted us with our issue in a succinct manner.

Jeffrey M Williams

August 3rd, 2020 Dorchester, MA

Sol was very helpful and patient and found me a good program

Sandy Bell

August 3rd, 2020 Friendsville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You asking me to rate this warranty as soon as purchased! The salesman was fantastic, but don’t yet know about the product. Haven’t used it!

Glenn Kinard

August 2nd, 2020 Carrollton, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I made a claim and they denied it without even sending a repair person out to evaluate the claim.

E Lopez

August 2nd, 2020 McAllen, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall, Chase explained all my plan options and was able to find the rigjt plan for my needs at a great price!

Lorraine Krupa

August 2nd, 2020 Holland, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The girl was very helpful in trying to custonize a plan

Da Asian Rice Bowl

August 2nd, 2020 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer service was great! Sam M was very nice and answered all questions. He is going to be our main contact person for any help we might need in the future. Though that remains to be seen, the previous company I was with doesn’t have this type of customer care where sales was its own department and if you had any issues with service later, you’re on your own. So we switched to SHW. I hope that Select will live up to its reputation of quality service and excellent customer service. That said, as a customer I will not abuse this privilege and will be reasonable should anything arise. I’m rating 5 stars for what I’ve experienced with them so far, and 3 for other services that I haven’t. Please don’t be misled by my 3-star rating, it was required in order to submit the review.

Allan

August 1st, 2020 Hightstown, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Jeff S listened to my concerns and offered the best deal aligned with my needs. I contacted another home warranty company and their annual rate was much more and their service charge was twice as much. I felt Select Home Warranty was the way to go.

Clara Eggleston

August 1st, 2020 Jacksonville, FL

Sam M was very helpful and answered all my questions. I would recommend this company.

Marco Acosta

July 31st, 2020 , FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SCAM, call service contractor provided by Select and was told they don’t do work for this company because they do not pay for repairs done. Select says you are covered from the moment you make first payment but can not file a claim after 30 days. I filed a claim after 50 day’s and was told that coverage starts 30 after initial payment and claim have to be made 60 days after first payment. Stay away from this company

Laurie Nadeau

July 31st, 2020 Clovis, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

BUYER BEWARE! I bought this warranty in good faith from the sales rep with the promise that all things I needed covered were fully covered with this warranty. And with a co-pay of $45 per claim. They only cover certain amounts. They are truly just a discount plan that discounts the cost of repairs when they go over a low $ amount. You are on the hook for the remainder. When I spoke to customer service they said that was the cap and they have caps on all things based on the life of the plan so they basically don't lose money with what I have paid. My issue was my well pump system, with a repair cost of $975. They will only pay $400. When you read the contract carefully (I didn't because I trusted my sales rep and read the coverage section which clearly showed all things that were pertinent to me were covered. No mention of caps until you scroll down several pages. It says "For heating or cooling equipment appliances, plumbing and electrical(non-heating or cooling) the repair/replacement coverage is selected allowance is as an option $500. For the limit additional coverage options the repair/replacement allowance is $400." Technically a well is plumbing which means per the contract it should be capped at $500. They refuse to honor this and I cannot afford to pay to have it fixed thru them. I already gave them $1560 for a 3-year plan. When I told him the rep mispresented the plan to me and I wanted all my money back he said they cannot do that. They will pro-rate, take out the costs of anything they have paid (for the guy to come out and diagnose the problem) and then take a $75 fee. This is a BAD plan BUYER BEWARE!!!

Dana Monroe-Ramos

July 31st, 2020 Folsom, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Select Home Warranty is HORRIBLE! They state they need 24 to 48 hours to review an AC claim! It's been 72 hours, it's 100+ degrees outside!! I should not have to call you every morning & afternoon to check in on my claim. Either approve or deny the claim, but don't tell me about how busy you are ........ WE ARE ALL BUSY!

Emmanuel Skoufias

July 31st, 2020 Potomac, MD

Good salesmanship. I just signed up but have not used the services yet. The price is right!!

Viswanatha Vishnuvarjala

July 31st, 2020 Charlotte, NC

Mr. Jake H was very helpful during the purchase. He was so in explaining the benefits in buying a5 year plan. I definitely recommend Jake for your home warranty

Josephine Salazar

July 31st, 2020 Aurora, IL

Sam M was very helpful in giving me a great offer. He went through a different plan and explained why platinum was the best choice for me. This is my first time having the warranty through Select Home.

Connie Spears

July 31st, 2020 Fresno, CA

Daniel C was very nice and informative.

James

July 30th, 2020 Springboro, OH

Have not used them. Just signed up sales rep was very professional and helpful

Cindy Smith

July 30th, 2020 Victoria, TX

Steve k K did a great Job explaining things.

Vivian

July 30th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was very pleased to talk to Jake H, representative for Select Home Warranty - he was very knowledgeable, helpful and courteous during our call. He helped me get the best deal with Select and made suggestions that saved me a lot of money. I would recommend Jake and Select Home Warranty to everyone.

Karen King

July 30th, 2020 Fishers, IN

Very professional and explained details .

Samantha Otzelberger

July 30th, 2020 Burlington, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

our 3 out of 4 burners have not been working... call July 7...guy comes out... this is the second time he's come to our house for a claim and hasn't done anything. He's here for about 5 min. Says he's gonna get us a new stove cuz it's cheaper than fixing each individual burner. He tells me he's gonna call the next morning to the home warranty. I pay him my service call fee. I kept getting emails asking if anyone has been out. I contact him 3 days later on Friday, asking if he called. He said he called today, even tho he was supposed to call wed right away. I waited a week, called company and they need him to provide full diagnosis. They've called him, can't get ahold of him. I text him telling him he needs to get them the full diagnosis asap. I wait a week, call company. Still didn't receive full diagnosis. They can't get ahold of him still. Now at this point I'm fuming. It is now July 30. I called them yesterday snapping and said you need to get someone else out here, I'm not paying another service call fee cuz this guy that you hired, stole my money and hasn't done anything, or I'm canceling. This is ridiculous. When we had hsa in Wisconsin, they went thru sears and we never had a problem. I'm beyond irritated with this company. I don't understand after the numerous calls I've made complaining I'm still waiting, why they wouldn't try sending someone else out here for free since this guy isn't doing his job. They need to stop working with daltons plumbing. He came out the first time, our shower was leaking. He cuts a hole in the wall before trying to figure out the problem. Doesn't see a leak. Is gone within 10 min and we had to fix the hole ourselves. Ridiculous

Connie

July 30th, 2020 Ellabell, GA

It will cover what is important and at a reasonable rate.

Mirobin

July 30th, 2020 San Jacinto, CA

Steven answered all my questions throughly and let me interject smoothly. .

Emery Fertal

July 30th, 2020 Bethlehem, PA

Ray S was very helpful in answering my questions knowledgeable and explaining all my options.

Joy E McMillan

July 29th, 2020 Huntsville, AL

I liked Jonathan, who was a great help and found me a great plan. Like your prices.

Russ Martin

July 29th, 2020 Plano, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Competitive pricing and friendly customer service. Frank, the customer service representative, did a great job!

Heidi

July 29th, 2020 Myrtle Beach, SC

Handled everything very quickly and was very patient.

Melissa Lubin

July 29th, 2020 Wesley Chapel, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sean G was awesome. Very down to earth guy. Answered all my questions and wasn’t pushy.

edabels

July 29th, 2020 Pompton Lakes, NJ

service was quick and relevant, and well price. Ben T took good care of me.

SAM CHITCHYAN

July 29th, 2020 Pasadena, CA

this company is biggest liars. when I was purchasing insurance they premise to cover all is says in contract. but the time when come to fix problem they refuse to do. customer service is so bad. the service company is working whit them from first day tell me select home warranty is not going to pay for your AC don't even try. very very bad service and big liars.

Woodrow McGee

July 29th, 2020 Antioch, CA

Very positive in the presentation. Offered and explain my options completely. Very satisfied with my home warranty. Also impressed with customer ratings

Lynn Meek

July 29th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

The representative, Jonathan S, was very pleasant and very informative about the plans that is offered by Select Home Warranty. I feel that I am getting a great deal for my money.

Carl Adams

July 29th, 2020 Stroudsburg, PA

When I decided to choose Select Home Warranty for my warranty coverage I called and spoke to Peter G who was very helpful in helping me select the best coverage, he was knowledgeable, professional but still very friendly during the entire process. I’m looking forward to a long relationship with Select Home Warrany I’d recommend this company to any and everyone

Cliff G.

July 29th, 2020 Norristown, PA

I contacted Select Home Warranty for a quote and was immediately connected to Steve K, took the time to go over all of my options. He was very informative and personable, After talking with him I immediately signed up. Great Job Steve.

Jan Broberg

July 29th, 2020 West Yellowstone, MT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are easy to get ahold of by emailing or by phone. They have great service providers and I got the help I needed fast!

Stella Nipper

July 29th, 2020 Tulsa, OK

I was pleased with Marcus H approach to selling me my policy. He was knowledgeable about the plan and offered me a lower rate because I am a senior citizen. What I did not like at all was 5 other people from your company called me the same day trying to sell to me even though I had signed up. I hope you are better than Choice Home Warranty. I am concerned you are not rated by The Better Business Bureau and would like to know why not.

John Johnson

July 29th, 2020 Yuba City, CA

Excellent sales staff, Moe did a great job explaining everything to me. I ended up getting a 5 year plan. Hopefully their service is as great.

Misty D Nolder

July 29th, 2020 Hampton, GA

Bruce A was absolutely wonderful. He tailored my needs to get me a amazing price. He definitely worked it out for me.

Troy McCollum

July 29th, 2020 Coeur d'Alene, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The warranty appears to cover all the bases for a great price and includes an extra 2 months of coverage.

Savi1967 Horshaw

July 29th, 2020 Lansing, IL

Ed C was very professional. He was thorough in explaining the policy coverage and different plans. He took great care of me. I was happy with the service he provided.

Sharon Gray

July 28th, 2020 Laurel, MD

I can only say I had a great experience. Jonathan S was good explaining everything to myself and my husband. Thank you.

Arturo

July 28th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

Great attitude great service great staff Sam M is great customer service it was a please assure doing business with hem he was my seven caller of the day trying to get a home warranty hi did it thank you Sam

Lynda Louviere

July 28th, 2020 New Iberia, LA

I liked the fact that they reached out to me in a very timely manner. Ed C got me the best rate possible. Very pleased.

Robert Sheriff

July 28th, 2020 San Antonio, TX

Bruce answered all my questions about the coverage available through Select Home Warranty. Very competitive with the other major home warranty companies

Tara J Coffey

July 28th, 2020 Hazlet, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tom B provided excellent customer service and took the time to explain the warranty in detail. He also asked pertinent questions, so I could utilize discounts available to me.

Jim Willoughby

July 28th, 2020 Tucson, AZ

I was pleased with Sean's professionalism and the ease of signing up for coverage. The price was good as well as the coverage.

Quintus

July 28th, 2020 Spring, TX

Mr L is a great He explains everything

Muhammad Ismail

July 28th, 2020 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Richard Z from select home warranty really helped me to secure home warranty at a very good price with best coverage and answered all my questions. Greatly appreciated and very happy.

Sherry Amedofu

July 28th, 2020 Annapolis, MD

Employee was very knowledgeable about product and very helpful.