Select Home Warranty Logo

Select Home Warranty

5.4

Susie Hogan La Quinta, CA

--🌟: I wish I had read these reviews first. I do have the Platinum Policy and everything that was covered in the Terms, but they will not send out anyone to look at my Pool Filter. Submitted 4 times and multiple calls. Now the are denying an AC problem. The denial said I was not covered for my second floor AC. I never said that, I live in a single story home! Bottom line, these people writing down info over the phone are making decisions, but first they back you into a corner( by bringing up issues that would cause you to be denied) and after that there is no way they will readdress it. Good like trying to find someone in any other department. I got a supervisor that was even worse than all the other 5 people I spoke to. Really sad seniors are sold this BILL OF GOODS.

Steve taylor

Fast, efficient, communication is okay! I was a little confused as to how the provider doing the work was to be paid. Althouse my first claim was to have no co-pay I received a call from them that you told him that You were not waiving it. It took three calls before it got straightened out. Overall I am pleased!

Ernest Wilkinson Grand Prairie, TX

Service is good .I have not had to use it that much so far. I had a problem with my Garage door and ended up paying about what I would pay if I didn't have the warranty.All in all Select is about as good as you can get for the money. to

Chris mcgaughey Houston, TX

On call outside so far, they have done a pretty good job kn response time. Seems to be getting better. I would like them to have more contracts with vendors in the Houston area. I am glad I paid up for 3 years for the service.

June Greenlaw

Because the process of getting someone to fix something that is urgent is CRAZY! I had water coming thru my ceiling and they want you to wait 24-48 hours for them to find someone to fix it. If you call for service yourself, the amount of time you and your repair many have to be on the phone with them is nuts! They paid to have the plumber cut a hole in my wall to fix the leak, but wouldn't pay to have the wall repaired. When I asked them why, they said they don't pay for "access". They mistakenly paid for the plumber to cut the wall. WELL HOW IS HE SUPPOSED TO FIX THE PROBLEM??? I had a problem with my heating unit and they said since I couldn't give them 3 years of service records the limit I could get for heating and air repairs was $150. I got this warranty when I bought a new house. How am I expected to have 3 years of service records??? If you have an emergency situation and you pay for the repairs yourself, the time it takes to get reimbursed is about a month.

Joseph

I picked Select Home Warranty based on the reviews I read online and the price. Customer service always solves my problem. I've had Electrician problems and appliances problems and they fix it.

Carmen & Phillip

Affordable and allows me to get the services I need in a timely manner. They are pretty good about communicating , though there is some hick ups around the holidays, though I don't know if that is them or the third party companies that they are using.

Anna

I've never had any issues that were not taken care of. I get immediate response and everything goes smoothly with the repairs. I was happy with how they handled it. It is everything I wanted in a warranty.

Trudy

I like the price, forty five dollars for them to come out. I had another company and I paid seventy five dollars. I didn't have to wait when I called them or they were calling me right back. One time I needed to use it and I had quick service, he came out the very next day and fixed the problem.

Peggy

Right price for the services offered. Everything has always been resolved but depending on who you speak to in customer service, sometimes you get great responses or sometimes you don't. When I needed it for my water heater they came out and checked in replaced the thermostat.

Joyce

The quality was good because the workmanship was excellent. We used it for sprinkler repair and washing machine repair and when we reported it, somebody came out and got it taken care of in an expedient manner.

Sukhminder

It is affordable and if I request work, they come right over right away and then approve my request. They care about us and the customer service is good. I've been telling everybody that this is a good company.

Gaurav

I'm pretty much happy with it. I don't have problems with. The service has been pretty good. The people who helps you choose the plans are nice and all my questions are resolved when I call customer service.

George

They provide the most comprehensive coverage at a discount price. There was a little back and forth my fist time using them but ultimately they got it squared away and everything was taken care of. I've good experiences once we got past the initial confusion of my initial claim.

Naveed

It's more convenient if you have it. The few cases I have had, I got quick responses within forty eight hours and the technicians were quite knowledgeable. I think they could create an app or something for more easy access if you to report quickly, that is my suggestion on how they could improve.

Raymond

I recently tried to process a claim and it took much longer then it should have. We had our washing machine break, they sent a tech out. The tech was great, he was very prompt and came out immediately and addressed my problems. It would have been 950-1000 dollars to fix it. We decided to buy a new one. It took a long time to get reimbursed for the new washer. It needs to be easier to process claim, nobody would follow up, I had to make all the phone calls.

Dean

I would recommend them. We've only used them once but the gentleman that came was extremely nice, friendly, and explained what he was doing. He showed us what to check in the future to prevent the problem in the future.

Richard Henderson

I have experienced delays getting warranty work done because several contractors have refused to work with Select Homes Warranty company. Additionally, Select Homes Warranty didnt make clear what would be covered by my policies and there have bee several times were a claim was generated only to be notified after diagnosis that this problem would not be covered.

Kim Reilly

They are polite and prompt. I have a disagreement with them in the past, I actually forgot what is was but I am still with them. With me home apparently when it rains it pours, I'm glad they are there when needed.

Tola

They give you a reply back on time and they take care of your issues. I used it a few times. One for my AC. They got the technician on time and my issue was taken care of. The quality of service is exceptional.

Tony

It takes way too long to get someone to ask for service. I had to call about my air conditioning. It took four days to get someone to look at it and then there was a miscommunication with the console about whether I was paying the whole bill. According to my warranty, they were supposed to pay the total.

Hayati

Sometimes if something happened, I called them and they called me with the service people after two or three days. My AC was broken and we called Select Home and they sent us the only outsourced people available and it was about three days but they didn't fix it in one time. After about twenty days they only sent us the technician.

Amy & Morgan

Customer support is there to answer your questions but it almost feels like they are sales driven and after the first year of the warranty, the price went up. The company as a whole is not a bad company but I wish they kept their prices from going up. They are friendly and professional.

Ann

It seems to be the best value for what you get. I had a plumbing leak and I had someone come ou the next day and I can get an answer from them when I call. I do with there was a little more freedom as to who was going to do the work and maybe there was a little more background on who was going to come out.

anonymous

I've never had a bad experience with them. There have been a few different things that I've used them for and they were always very efficient and on time. The quality of the work was very good.

Janis

Air conditioner went out and I ended up having to pay twenty-five hundred dollars. I was upset about that because they did not cover the parts that were needed tofix it. They have the lowest deductible. They only send email, they don't give me a call back.

Stuart Butler

For the most it has been a very good relationship for the last 5 or 6 years. One issue with an HVAC repair that is mostly on me however i have yet to receive the $150 payment for the repair

K Woodbridge, VA

They're doing a good job getting the claims in and the customer service is generally up to par. My AC was pumping warm air so I phoned Select Home Warranty and put the claim in and I was pretty much set from there. The customer service feels like a bunch of sales people trying to make a sale. The rates are good and general customer service is good when you're calling to put in a claim.

anonymous Virginia Beach, VA

I renewed my contract for another 14 months because they act fast, have a good price, and always get in contact with me. They looked at my AC and water heater for my tenants and now they have no complaints.

Erin Schrier Austin, TX

1 star is generous. I couldn't select zero. I NEVER right reviews, but this is a HORRIBLE company. Laughable reimbursments for appliances. Questionable technicians for services. Do yourself a favor a stay away.

J S Hanford, CA

I received a mailer from Select Home Warranty. I did a Google search for reviews on Select Home and they were rated one of the top 10 for 2021. I decided to get a quote and I was immediately called by Ben Thompson. Ben was very patient and knowledgable. He answered all my questions and even offered me a better rate then I was quoted online. After talking with Ben and reviewing the contract, I feel very good about my decision to go with Select Home. I currently have American Home Shield but Select Home offered me free roof protection as well as offering me sprinkler coverage, neither of which AHS offers. Ben also told me that I have a 30 day money back guarantee if I changed my mind.

MikeOhio Cincinnati, OH

Have had a competitor Home Warranty for approx 20 years Price keeps going up and service techs they send are often clueless as to how to repair. Select Home Warranty Rep was courteous, very knowledgeable and listened to every question I asked. I have been in sales management for 44 yrs so I know good sales techniques. Sean listened to my concerns about price increases and my home needs. He offered a great deal for multiple years, lower pricing and locked in pricing. Everything I was looking for. Obvious he did not have a sales pitch but listened to me and answered my concerns. Believe me, he is a keeper.

David Steen Houston, TX

I took out a Home / Pool Warranty with Select Home Warranty two years ago when my wife and I took ownership of our house and have renewed it last year as well as this year mainly because the price has been competitive and the one time I had to have a technician come out to look at our clothes washing machine I was satisfied with his expertise. Also, your agent Moe H was very courteous and informative and when asked what promotion he could offer me to retain my business he was able to offer me a better price of 550.00 for the same coverage as I had in the past plus 2 additional months at no cost. I'm happy to say that I am a satisfied Select customer thus far.

Richard Rindels Elizabeth City, NC

Wow! I just got off the phone with Mr. Lucas S. with Select Home Warranty Company. The plan he showed me not only saves my wife and me a great deal of money but the coverage is leap years ahead of our current plan. Thank you, Lucas! I also really appreciate you going over the multi-year plan which saves even more by locking in our savings to the current year prices to protect us from price increases. We also were able to get a senior discount (at only 60) and an additional discount for being a veteran of military service. With these discounts, we will now be paying less than half of what our previous company charged us with twice the benefits and also half the per visit deductible. It will de great to know that we will now be getting top-notch (3 stars or better) repair people now instead of the cheapest our last company could find. I can't say enough, but Thank you again, Lucas!

Melvin Barrus Nampa, ID

I just became acquainted with Select Home Warranty so at this point I have no experience how they perform their service. However I was very impressed as I spoke to their representative Chase R. and as I found a plan that covered what I needed in the home I purchased. I had looked at other company's plans and found the Select Plan competitive or better than others I reviewed. Chase was so good to tell me about the incentives now and the cost benefits of a plan that covers multiple years. I had lots of questions and Chase took the time to patiently answer them all. I look forward to coming back and commenting on my service experience. For now I am feeling at peace to know I have coverage on my home.

Ronald and Sheryl James Cape Girardeau, MO

We have used Select Home Warranty when we purchased our house and it paid for itself for us for the one time we had to make a claim. We got online and signed up for another year and we got a call from Moe and he was great! Gave us a better deal and so we took it out for 3 years, with other benefits as well! Great experience and he gave us his direct number if we need anything else or have any questions. We will continue to do business after our 3 years, and its good to know we have one person we can deal with in the future! Thanks Moe for your help! Very much appreciated! Ronald and Sheryl James Missouri

Juan Rodriguez Auburn, AL

I spent a couple of days looking for a Home Warranty Company, and was not able to find the one that I was looking for, Some of them were expensive, other did not cover what I wanted. Finally I found the company that I was looking for. The company with a good price and a good coverage: SELECT HOME WARRANTY. When I called this company, immediately I received a text message from Mr. William P. I called him right away and he was very courteous answering all the questions to my satisfaction. Mr. P. also let me know about some special discounts that were available that finally made me decided to accept the policy to my satisfaction. Thank you to Mr. P. help, I am done looking for a home warranty company. Best regards,

Michael Leno Jacksonville, FL

Don't have any experiences yet, just signed up. We shall see. It really seems to be better than Choice Home Warranty, their only other "true" competitor. Main thing for me was how comprehensive and inexpensive to 2nd fridge or range or a/c unit, etc. and how they don't give you a low ball cash payout for units they can't replace as they are no longer available or parts are discontinued. They find a comparable unit currently available and use that one, it may be a different brand but that's because the company no longer makes them. For instance, you could have a Westinghouse or Kenmore unit and they were absorbed by other companies so the new brand is GE or Samsung.

Homeowner happy with coverage Oakdale, CA

Sean G at Select Home warranty was very helpful and knowledgeable so I chose the platinum program with the highest coverage, even got a veterans discount as I am a former US marine.... it is rare these days to get a straightforward and direct answer to questions and get things done and started so we will have the coverage we need in our home. I strongly recommend everyone to Select Home and especially Sean G as he made this important process easy and effective to protect our home at a truly great low price and excellent coverage if ever needed, even for the roof if something were to go wrong with a leak or something. This was s really good experience in todays challenging world.

Dr. Daniel R. Thomas North Port, FL

I really cannot say much about the plan, but the sales rep. was outstanding. Sol very carefully walked me through all the intricacies of the warranty offered by Select and made sure that I understood exactly what I was purchasing. Before finalizing the contract we had a minute to just chat. Sol carefully asked if I was a Senior Citizen. I chuckled as 55 had come and gone quite some time ago. He apologized and said he just wanted to know because I would then qualify for additional benefits and reduced rates on my plan. After we talked some more he told me that I qualified for an extended 5 year warranty on my home and all M its interior major appliances. He quoted me a price that was just too good to pass up. So bbn if you get the chance to talk with their reps, be sure to tell them everything you can concerning yourself and your home. It may just bring you the great coverage that I now enjoy. I slept that night like I was a teenager. Sol and Select removed a great heavy weight off of my shoulders concerning his I would be able to take care of any breakdown that I might have in my new home. Thank you Sol, and thank you Select.

David Calzoni Sacramento, CA

So far, we only went through the process of purchasing mobile home warranty insurance. We completed an online quote and clicked on it, and while my finger was still on the quote button, our phone rings. Literally! It was Moe H, from the New Jersey office of, "Select Home Warranty." He kindly introduced his self. He was extremely knowledgeable about insurance. And, he was patient with us. Moe answered our questions, even if we asked the same one again and again. He gave us a home warranty we couldn't refuse, at an amazing rate, that even covered mechanical and replacement. We do hope he will continue to be our insurance agent, and our go to person. We get VIP customer service when we call in, but we prefer to call Moe H. Moe is the best, no not the best! Moe H. is the most extraordinary customer service we have ever run into. We are so selfish and happy Moe H. called us on Christmas Eve, instead of just going home to his family. He could have waited for after the Holiday. Thank you, Moe H. from New Jersey! 🙂 You have us covered! ~ Lorrie and David

DAVID CARPENTER Madison Heights, MI

Brian O was a professional right from the start. He exhibited all the great traits of an experienced salesman should be expected of and beyond. He represented your company very well he explained all your plans and tried to sell up which should be what you are looking for in a leader in sales. We came to a agreement in what I was looking for but Brian also gave me some other options that were very fair and tempting that would have had most people agreeing too but in my situation I know what I wanted and what I need. Brian should be given a big shout out to his follow workers for is salesmanship skills!!!!!

Phil McKinley Palm Desert, CA

I had an excellent experience with Select Home Warranty setting up a new policy. I have been with another company for over 15 years with multiple properties. The company raised my rates by 42% so I started to shop around. Richard Z was the representative who helped me. He was outstanding in regard to his patience, his information, and his response to my questions. He gave me his direct contact number so I didn't have to go through the frustration of every time I called back I got a different person - which happened with the other two companies I was considering. I also appreciated the fact I was speaking to a person here in the US rather than being outsourced to someone who did not have a complete grasp of the English language. It was because of Richard's service that I decided to go with Select. I would encourage anyone who is looking for a Home Warranty Insurance Plan to at the very least call Select and speak to one of their reps. If you are fortunate to get Richard - you'll sign up. Phil McKinley

Laura L King Palo Alto, CA

I just worked with Mark Johnson to add another policy to one of my rental properties. I am a real estate investor and own several properties throughout the US. I have been so happy with SHW that I keep adding on more policies. They offer a 5 year plan where you get the 6th year free, and it makes the cost/year on the policy very reasonable. I have never had a bad experience with these guys in the 3 states where I have policies. They offer consistently good service and the claims process is stress free. Look no further with Select. I have been with American Home Shield, First American, OneGuard and others whose name escapes me at the moment. None of them compare to Select in any way.

Tim Beaver High Point, NC

Steve K called me while I was just looking at the Select website. That told me he was paying attention and ready to help. We talked and, more importantly, Steve listened and ended up recommending a plan that fit my needs. I explained that I was in a town home and that the HOA covered some of the things that other folks might need, but that I didn't. Steve took all of that into consideration and offered me a plan that he was able to get started on the date I needed and that offers me the protection I feel that I need. I would recommend Steve and Select Home Warranty and I haven't even had to report a problem yet.. I hope I don't have to, but I can sleep secure knowing that I am covered for most anything.

Shilo Mugeespasm Rutland, VT

I have luckily not had to use Select for a service call yet, but I have used two others in the past four years. One of which I paid too much for only for them not to follow through with their own contract language. (The one good company, 2-10, does not service my new location.) Long story short, I had to cancel the “bad” one, American Home Shield, after paying thousands and not getting any decent service. I started looking for another home warranty company because I know that when they work, they work well. I have compared everything! All pretty much have the same type of bad ratings with the same types of complaints. So, at the of the day, Select HW offers the best plan options at the best prices for what will possibly be equal service to all the others. At least, if they are not adequate, I won’t kick myself for the crazy cost or the costly service fees that I would pay with others for the exact same terms and conditions. It was literally a $400 difference from the other top three (out of 5) companies in New England. Thanks to Alex B/Account Rep who was supportive and light-hearted about my past warranty issues and for affirming his confidence in his product. That good service alone, is worth five stars, because even the “other guys” customer service was less-than-desireable.

Jackie Polk Lufkin, TX

I initially received a card in the mail so I went online to find out more about your warranty offering. I had to abandon the process and Bruce A went out of his way to contact us to discuss your offerings, answer our questions and get us the best deal. He was very patient with us and went out of his way to find out how he could offer us the best deal possible. I hope every experience we have with you will be as positive as this interaction because Bruce was phenomenal!! Being a senior executive of a service company, I realize the value of someone like Bruce that will give his full attention and go the extra mile to make your customer feel comfortable and confident in the purchase they are making - I hope you know what a valuable member of your team Bruce is and recognize him for it as he is very deserving.

Jack and Thelma Unangst Cave Creek, AZ

Ray was a most gracious young man and so helpful. This is the only company we have called that would give us a military discount (husband did 30 years). That is always so appreciated. He answered our questions and gave us the very best plan we have found after calling several other companies. Our old company wanted to charge us about $200 more to reinstate our contract with them; guess loyalty does not count! Love the service fees which are $40 less per service than our old company. We love that Ray was able to cover us the very day our old one runs out, no waiting 30 days. Ray even gave us his own number to call if we have a problem. Love that the warranty is transferable (if we bought a new home it could be used as incentive for someone to buy ours) or we could take it with us to the next home. We are allowed to cancel anytime and get back what isn't used. This is the way all Home Warranties should be!

Jeffrey Goldberg ,

I just signed up today, so this review is about my purchase experience. My sales representative Peter was very patient and thorough in his explanation of all the fine details of the contract. I had had a bad experience with another home warranty company in the past, so I was asking a lot of questions! Peter answered them all professionally and effectively. When there was one concern I had about the specific language of the contract, he directed my call to a supervisor named Jeremy who was able to clarify the issue to my complete satisfaction. I got a great deal on a multi-year package, and I have full confidence that SHW will provide me with the same outstanding claim/customer service I received today if I ever require it in the future. I didn't have any buyer's remorse afterward, as I felt fully confident that I had made the right decision in purchasing my home warranty with SHW. Jeffrey Goldberg

JWL Hot Springs, AR

After dealing with my previous Home Warranty company for 4 years, getting pretty good service I was not happy with the annual rates increase even when there were years that I did not make any claims or repair calls I was all but frustrated so I started searching for a new Warranty Company. After reading reviews and rates I selected SHW, applied on line for the platinum 1 year plan and within minutes received a phone call Ben. He explained that plan I had purchased and offered some additional information and I ended up purchasing a 5 year, rate locked plan at an outstanding cost. I will recommend SHW to anyone that asks, you just can;t beat the deal!