Sears Home Warranty Logo

Sears Home Warranty

Is This Your Business?

2.3

Heather Codding Huntington Beach, CA

If I could give negative stars I would! Literally this is the biggest scam ever!!!! DO NOT purchase this! There is NEVER any mention that you are committed for a whole year of coverage- so now my fridge repair ended up costing more than its worth. I canceled and would rather just pay for repair out of pocket. HORRIBLE!!!

Bruce Clayton Mariposa, CA

We had a Bosch dishwasher and a Kenmore Dryer stop working in June 2021. Sears Home Warranty sent out repairmen every few weeks for four months and accomplished nothing. On the fifth try (a new man each time), "Emilio" fixed both appliances in a few minutes with no need for parts. How come we had to wait four months for that?

loco perro Columbus, OH

We have several appliances through sears Protection plan. Our dishwasher has been broken for three weeks and we keep getting promises that I will get a phone call and someone will help us. Boston Joe’s from Manchester Ct , called at the last minute to cancel after staying home from work , to say technician called out sick . The lady was rude and nasty ! Then she told Sears warranty that they came to our house and fixed our dishwasher and they never showed up ! She needs to be fired !!!! I wouldn’t recommend this warranty program

Jennine Stevens Medford, MA

Terrible! They came to look at my refrigerator and 2 days later it stopped working . Then a repair was scheduled and the guy called to say he was going to be late, he never showed. Finally, it was determined we needed a part. It took a month for them to say we could get a replacement refrigerator because the part was unavailable. It took over three months to get it. Then, they refused our food claim! Some unknown process wasn't followed, we were never told of the rules....I think they made it up. Many calls and no answers, they hung up on me a few times. They are the worst!!!!!

Jonathan Cross Bellevue, WA

Customer service is *terrible*. Stay away! I've had 3 appliances break, each time it took weeks to get someone out to inspect the problem, more time for parts to arrive, and I still end up paying out of pocket a fair amount. I've spent hours on the phone navigating automated menus, getting transferred back and forth and waiting on hold. My last case was my fridge, and after 10 days and $75, I'm informed that the broken compressor isn't covered by Sears Home Warranty because it's covered by the manufacturer warranty (which is also handled by Sears, but a different department!) Meanwhile I've lost most of my food and been severely inconvenienced.

Tricia Middleton The Bronx, NY

We have been with sears home services for well over 15 years and since they've filed bankruptcy the quality has gone downhill. Our washer has been broken for well over 3 months and we have the warranty. The first repair technician said he would have to order 5 parts to repair the machine. We waited nearly 3 weeks for parts, once they arrive we contacted customer service who informed us more parts will need to be shipped out. Again, another 2 weeks. The parts arrived and we have an appointment scheduled, the technician never showed, so we contacted customer service only for them to say we never called them THEM to confirm if we would be home....WAIT! COME AGAIN? If we made the initial appointment with you and set a date and time, why do we have to call and confirm an appointment? Isn't that supposed to be the other way around???? Fast forward nearly a month later, the washer is still broken with a mountain of parts sitting on top of it! Today, 9/15/21, the tech comes out (lovely individual by the way) and lets us know that the amount of work needed for this repair requires two men and the job cannot be completed with him alone. He even went as far as reaching out to individuals on his end to rectify the situation. HOWEVER!!!! THE WASHER IS STILL BROKEN AND AT THIS POINT A NEW MACHINE NEEDS TO BE PROVIDED IN ITS PLACE!!!! This household has well over 7 individuals in a multi family home, nearly $150/week to wash clothes!!! THIS IS OBSURD, WHY ARE WE PAYING FOR THIS SERVICE IF REPAIRS AREN'T FULFILLED????....SEARS, TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY AND FIX THIS WASHER OR REPLACE IT! PS...THE NEXT APPOINTMENT WE CAN RECEIVE FOR A TWO MAN REPAIR IS OCTOBER 4TH....YES I DID SAY IT WAS 9/15...ANOTHER MONTH REALLYY!!!!???

Kay S. Tucson, AZ

We have a Sears warranty for our dishwasher. It broke 3 months ago and we went through the process of receiving approval to have it replaced. We have been calling once or twice a week for over two months and every time they tell us that we have approval for replacement and that we will receive instructions for next steps within 2 business days. It never happens. Sometimes when we call they don't seem to know anything about our case and they transfer us several times to people who say we have been transferred to the wrong department. We are now giving up and we are going to buy a new dishwasher. We will never buy anything from Sears again.

Gaye Orr Raleigh, NC

If I could give no stars, that would be my score. I only bought the warranty to cover a free standing ice maker August of 2020 when the Sears repair company came to fix it. I was told the warranty would cover all the appliances including the ice maker. It broke down again in March of 2021. I went online to schedule an appointment and they came to evaluate. Ended up ordering 6 parts that were not installed for 4.5 months. It still didn't work. They were supposed to order 2 more parts. They never arrived. I continued to call getting the complete runaround. I was given multiple numbers to call and spoke to a lot of different people. Never got a straight answer. I was told someone would call me back or email me. Never happened. I got angry, frustrated and worn out on the whole matter. After 6 months, I finally got to speak to a "supervisor" and then a "manager" who told me the appliance was never covered. They do not know what their company is responsible for. Do not waste your money.

Steve Hamilton Nashville, TN

My first call repair I was rudely told that I could fix my own ice maker by resetting it, replacing the filter, blah blah. When I told him I had done those things he rebutted with “Sur I’ve been doing this for nine years you need to listen…” I hung up. Several calls later they finally sent somebody out to take a look. The serviceman told me I needed a whole new refrigerator door and said he would order one. That was four months ago. Half the time when I call customer service they can’t find my account. When I ask for a supervisor I get transferred to another random line. At the end of each call they ask me if I want to get a quote on to update my kitchen. With all the trouble I’ve had to fix something as simple as an ice maker, trusting them with a whole room in my house is a frightening thought. Stay away from this company. Their service is scary bad.

Anisha Blumenberg Silver Spring, MD

DO NOT GET THIS WARRANTY! They've sent 6 technicians to my house and NOT 1 could fix the problem with my refrigerator. I've spent nearly $300 so far on this plan, and not 1 item has been fixed. They're supposed to replace it if no one can fix it, and they're instead trying to continue sending technicians to try to fix it. I've now been trying to cancel for 2 months and I can't! I've been on hold for 16 minutes as we speak to attempt to cancel the plan again. It's a complete scam. They're now trying to charge an over $100 cancellation fee! Unbelieveable. They deserve to go bankrupt at this point as this is the worst plan and customer service I've seen in my life.

Patricia Younger Alexandria, VA

Had a warranty on my slide-in gas range. Approximately 60 days before the Thanksgiving holiday my oven stopped working. Contacted Sears and the process from Hell began. I had to schedule a repair appointment to pronounce my oven legally non-working due to a board in the range had gone bad and that board was irreplaceable. That took 3 weeks. Next I had to contact the claims department and wait on the paperwork to make it there before I could submit a claim - another week. When the paperwork was finally submitted, mind you I am calling through this process for updates -- no one is notifying me - not even a courtesy call, I was given 2 choices either receive a claim credit in the amount of $1163.00 towards a new range or request a replacement similar to what I had a GE Gas range slide-in #JGS760SELSS Stainless Steel and given 30 days to respond with my decision. I notified them within 48 hours of my decision. I choose the replacement because of its convenience. I was given a tentative delivery date within 30 days. 30 days came and went, so I called again and guess what, the paperwork hadn't left the claims office. Was told it should be passed along for delivery within 48 hours -- that I should contact the delivery company, J.B. Hunt, to schedule a delivery date. I gave them 1 week to forward the paperwork, call J.B. Hunt and they had no record of a delivery request. I'm calling everybody -- no paperwork. In the meantime Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years came and went. No one called, sent email or postcard -- nothing. Then COVID! So buy the time I called back the first thing they wanted was for me to renew my warranty. So I asked what about my claim, somebody had the nerve to laugh! They said since I "cancelled" the warranty, my claim was voided!!! Unbelievable!!! People don't fall for this foolishness. My family have been a Sears customer since I can remember as a child in the 1960s and I felt because my Mother swore by them that I could depend on their customer service or the people representing them as well. All I can say is -- I am done!!!! If I could give the point of a star as a rating that would be too generous.

Melissa Allison Gilmer, TX

Because zero stars is not an option. I gave done business with Sears my entire life. What was once a stellar company is now pathetic. It took over 4 months to get my riding mower repaired. After waiting over 2 months for a technician, the appointment that was scheduled between 8 and five resulted in a call at 545 pm stating he would be there in 45 minutes. Multiple attempts to contact him and the company went unanswered. When he did show up a month later, he had to order parts...the follow up appointment was another 4 weeks. When I asked him what happened at the initial appointment, the one at which he called at 545 pm and was then a no show, he said his supervisor told him to go on home to San Antonio (I live in Rockport, Tx). HE WAS FURTHER INSTRUCTED TO IGNORE AND NOT RESPOND TO MY TEXTS.He explained that most of the techs who had worked for Sears had quit. There is no one to cover the Rockport/Corpus Christi area and hasn't been for months, so they are hiring out of San Antonio...over 2 hours away, and they don't have time to take care of all the customers. I called for another repair today 8/23/2021...next appointment available is 10/13/21. Here we go again!

Premeileen Valverde San Jose, CA

Should have a zero point system. Waited for a 1-5 window, technician never showed up called several times. I had to call five times to customer service told me tech is 5 minutes away waited until 7:00pm. Not one call from anyone to say he just didn’t show up. Called 24/7 line said technician cancelled appt could not reach customer. Not only was no one going to compensate me for 7 hours of waiting there’s no integrity of this technician no customer service of such a large company. I called this tech texted him not once did he answer nor have courtesy to justify his actions. My first time calling for service washer. I had to reschedule again take 4 hours out of my day so in total loose a whole day a half salary… 2021 nothing has changed even with the best technology no ones accountable.

Janet Zamarripa Dallas, TX

If i could give them a negative zero I would! I am so mad at the moment. We have been out of our dryer since May 2021. Service couldn’t be done due to Covid exposure on our part, so we waited after 14 dys to schedule a service with Sears. The service provider came in June 2021 and went, parts ordered and parts received. We were told that after 14 dys they will return to finish job. The service follow up date arrived and they were a no show. This is when all this mess starts! Called to inform the Sears Protection Plan department of the no-show and got notified that the 2nd part was backed ordered and they didn’t have a set time. I thanked them for the non-updated call from them (I called them!) and they said to just wait. Since that call it’s now August 19, 2021. Have been calling every week since Mentioned last call above. I am not assigned a case number and my service is only assigned a “Task” without a number to be tracked. So instead of Sears keeping me updated with changes, I have to call them every Thursday morning for an update. This is the 3rd week that I get told that my account is going to be forwarded to the “Offline Department”. Which I was told 3 weeks ago they were suppose to call me with a final decision if I was going to get a refund (don’t know refund of what type & amount) or a replacement. I never received a call and that is why I called back 2 weeks ago and the associate I called said that my account was never forwarded to the department (?!). Obviously someone dropped the ball on their part! Well ok she assured me my account was now assigned a “Task” (no number) and will be forwarded to them. In the meantime, as soon as I got done with my weekly call to Sears Protection Department, I received an email from the Parts Department wanting the part sent to me returned to them. I agreed and was given instructions to do so. I set the package out as instructed and fast forward to present day, and such package is still under my care. I am babysitting this package all day and worried, while I’m at work, that it’s going to be snatched by a package thief. Today I made my weekly call to Sears Protection Plan Department and was notified that my account hasn’t been forwarded to “Offline Department”. Like WT!!! She took her notes and said she sent it to the “Offline Department” (apparently they are the ones deciding if I get a refund or a replacement and the amount of such). I am not assigned a case number and still am under a “Task”. I complained that this is costing me inconvenience, time & money to go to the laundromat. She did her “research” and got me $50 for “Laundry Reimbursement”. Mind you it’s almost been 3 months without my dryer! It’s sad how paying customers for the Service Protection (I paid for the 3-year Plan back in February 2021, and have been a paying customer for a Master Protection Agreement plan for 10+years) and Sears doesn’t uphold to their “Worry-free use” Guarantees: worry-free coverage, replacement guarantee, & service promise. Do not buy from Sears any sort of protection plan!!

Rosalind Harper Suffolk, VA

If I could give this rating a zero I would. Air condition went out, not only did it not get fixed, but I had to call 3xs to 2 different numbers at least 5xs each. No one, and I mean no one really help and constantly put it on the previous technicians. TO that end I had to get an outside company come fix it and had to pay out of pocket of something that should have been taken, care of by Sears. The property was sold and about 30 days later I get a bill from Sears for cancelation of the policy. I get a bill for $200.00. -AC not fixed. -No disclosure of cancelation fee - I hadto pay out of pocket for a repair that Sears should have covered out of my own pocket. - Had to call Sears over and over again because the problem was not fixed.

Thomasena McCallum Baltimore, MD

I had someone come out to check the appliance (refrigerator ) the was under Sears Home Warranty plan. A technician come out about 6 months ago to service the refrigerator for making a constant noise. Nothing was don. Now the noise is louder and the temperature in both side dropped. Ice cream is melting and the other side of the refrigerator is not keeping the food cold. It took forever to place a service call and you always take to someone that does not speak clear English and live in another country. I spoke to Stefany that was in Columbia. I should have investigate the company and read the reviews before giving money away. Awful, to have a company in business with so poor service.

Marchal JULY-BENNETT Chicago, IL

The service is not par. I was told I would have service 11August between 12 and 4pm I phoned at 2:03 and was told to wait for call. Call again (use to get contractor name and number no longer) was told the contractor would come 5:30 call service was told they would have service personnel assigned phone me direct. No phone call i called service they were closed at 7. NO ONE CONTACTED ME NO SERVICE. I CALLEDthe following morning was told service would be 3 September. Then was given different date 20 of August after speaking to the warranty department they said the service department lied the date will stand the 3September. The freezer was going out now the refrigerator is going out Have lost food and $75.00 which you use pay before scheduling an appointment. Before Sears will authorized for a new refrigerator it is at least 21 days after service has been made so they know withe at least 2 months without a refrigerator. I will need to buy a refrigerator and lose my 75 dollars and out of all the money I have payed into this scram. I am more than disappointed I am pissed.

Tabitha Irvin Dallas, TX

If there was a rating of zero (0) that is what I would give Sears Home Waranty. My 80 year old mom has a Home Warranty with sears. She requested a repair person to come for her refrigerator (Repair man came out June 14, 2021). She was told parts are needed. The parts were ordered. The service provider told us their policy is after 21 business days if the parts has not come in, they would advise Sears Home Warranty and she would be able to get a new refrigerator. We've contacted the service provider several times to make sure Sears Home Warranty knows it is over their time limit of the parts coming in. Every time we call Sears Home Warranty, they redirect us to the service provider. We have been going in a circle trying to contact Sears Home Warranty while my 80 year old mother still does not have a refrigerator. As of today 8/11/2021, it has been 42 business days since the part has been ordered. No one from Sears Home Warranty has contacted my mother and we have not been able to get a human on the phone from Sears Home Warranty. Can anyone advise how to make contact so that Sears Home Warranty can make good on a refrigerator for my mother. However, for anyone considering purchasing Sears Home Warranty, DO NOT PURCHASE!!

Xavier grad Bedford, TX

I wish I could give negative stars. I have had the service protection plan for my washer and dryer with Sears for a long time. Never had an issue. I recently called to make an appointment to fix my washer due to the bleach dispenser filling with water every time I wash clothes. Repair man came, ordered some parts, and set date of August 2nd to come back to install the parts. August 2nd came, but I never received a text or call saying the technician was on the way. Called "customer service" and was given the runaround. I discovered on my own that some of the parts are on backorder. I just called back today (August 9th) because I wanted to know when the parts will ship. Rep said October! This is unacceptable because I need my washer fixed. I asked for a manager, but I reached someone in the Philippines, so of course no manager available. I was transferred to a case worker, but was hung up on. I called back and got someone else in the Philippines who was equally as unhelpful as the first rep. I will call back tomorrow to hopefully reach someone in the US. I will not be renewing my service contract after expiration!

Julie Hand St Louis, MO

If there was a way to give 0 stars, I would. Our refrigerator has been broken for almost two months and I have made calls in an attempt to get repairs or replacement under our. protection agreement. I've been told several times that my case was placed in emergency status, that I'd receive a call within 72 hours, and even took a day off work to accommodate a repair service appointment - no one ever showed up and when I called back, there was no case number, no reference or record we'd ever called at all! The person we talked to actually told us that we'd have to call every couple days for at least a couple weeks to get a repair or replacement. When we reached someone who finally agreed to let us get a local repair person (because there is NO ONE from Sears available to do a repair in our area) we've been told that $500 is the cap to replace the compressor...which they KNOW is faulty and costs more than that to replace. We repeatedly asked to speak to a manager or supervisor, but were never connected. One of the reasons we purchased our appliances through sears is bc we thought it was a reputable company. We were wrong and I am astounded at the horrendous customer service, lack of accountability and general cowardice of this company. What a disappointment.

Angie Rennie Waldorf, MD

I have been with Sears for 2 years and initially there was no issue. However and more recently, Sears customer service is horrific. When you call their service number, you cannot understand a word the representatives are saying. The language barrier prevents you from conducting business. I have experienced reps providing incorrect information. They pass you from department to department. If your expectation is to get the run around, then sears is the company for you. They used to be a reputable company, BUT NOT ANYMORE. If you choose this company, you will be disappointed. If I had it my way, they would be put out of business!

KSG Chicago, IL

My refrigerator had been broken since November 2020. Instead of replacing the refrigerator they sent technician after technician during Covid. The techs pretend they were fixing it. They ordered one part over and over again. Sears did not honor its warranty. After the 3rd repair I was suppose to get a replacement they sent 3 techs every month for over a year. Sears trains and encourages it's reps to lie to customers. Sears reps read the same script over and over. Sears paid more techs to come then the price of the refrigerator. Sears corp know they are on their way out, and have no intentions on honoring any warranties or contracts. Sears shipped some of my purchases to California. I was a Sears for over 20 yrs. Sears corporate don't care about customer service or customer satisfaction. I will never in my life order a single thing from Sears. BEWARE if Sears altogether. Sears doesn't care about endangering lives with the techs they send to save money on honoring warranties.

Leslie Roberts Tyler, TX

My experience has been horrific. I have been trying to get my refrigerator fixed for three months. You can not find anyone in the United States to help you when you have a problem. The company Sears uses has sent the same person each time despite my plea to send another person and another company. He has stood me up twice and came at the wrong time another. When he did come he ruined my wood floors and they have not called back to fix them. Each time I had to call to get another appointment it was another two weeks. I called to cancel my warranty and get our money back to hire someone to fix our refrigerator and they said they would not give me my money back and may charge me a cancellation fee even though they did not fulfill their agreement. STAY AWAY FROM SEARS HOME WARRANTY. This has cost me weeks of time and money and untold frustration.

MRO Software Broomall, PA

The old "bait and switch". After trying to get my ice maker repaired for two months and two Sears Contracted Techs I was told by a Customer Service employee that "Sears Techs" do not come up as eligible for the repair. If I am not mistaken the contact states that if a Sears Tech is not available Sears will contract an outside repair service. When I purchase the warranty a Sears Tech explained to me that Sears doesn't contract any longer and all techs are Sears Tech and show up in a Sears van. Sears also calls the $75.00 fee a deductible. It's not, you must pay the $75.00 fee up front before they even schedule you. I canceled after I Googled the first contractor and the Googled showed "Permanently Closed" and an "F" rating by the BBB! When I rescheduled a second contractor I had to pay a second $75.00 (the refund takes so long I had to go to American Express and dispute the charge. If you ask some of these contractors where their main office is they will say they are "Mobile" meaning that they either operate out of a phone booth or their car. If you are smart don't even think about these clowns! Another first by the failing company!

Anne Kjemtrup Davis, CA

If I could give zero stars I would. We were talked into this by a technician who came out and claimed we needed a huge repair on our stove because it wasn’t lighting right. It took ONE month for the warranty ($50 ca-Ching!) to kick in and the technician who finally came out noted we just needed to wire brush our burners. He kindly looked at our fridge, said the fan was out and when we called a technician out for that they wanted an additional $75 (ca-ching) for the “deductible (watch out for hidden fees!!!!) if we made appointment online. So we called and tried to speak to a person since we already had the fridge looked at- they sent us to - no kidding- 6 different people and then they hung up on us! And when I called to cancel the worthless home warranty service they charged me an additional $120 (ca-ching ca- ching!) This whole experience - to basically have someone come with a wire brush to clean our burners, cost $220, not counting the monthly service fees. Run from this home warranty as fast as you would run from their ugly home siding products (never got sucked into that but I’ve seen them- yech).

Mrod65 Round Rock, TX

I’ve had nothing but bad experiences. I had to go find my own garage repair company because they could not find one. Then they would only pay for half the cost because they said some of the parts were not covered. As if we know what parts are covered!!! This should have been their responsibility to find someone and determine what parts are covered to determine what my expenses were going to be. Seers Home warranty has the worst customer service and no integrity. They do not deserve to be in business. It was a nightmare of an experience. I am in process of looking for another home warranty company so I can get the hell out of this one.

Ray Chung Northridge, CA

Buyer Beware! Make sure you get everything documented on what they are including in the warranty before you accept. My initial discussion was to confirm that the appliance would be fully covered and was initially informed that this would be the case. After submitting a claim, a technician came out and assessed the issue and determined that two parts needed to be replaced. They only approved one part of the piece, claiming that the other part was not covered due to it being electrical and not mechanical. They then referred to their policy document, which they don't actually send to you until about 3-4 weeks after you've already accepted their agreement so you won't be fully aware of their policy on what is and isn't fully covered from a documentation purpose, as the sales/membership rep may reflect otherwise during the call to close the deal. Also, based on the discussion I had as a follow-up when trying to check why I was indicated one thing and then the policy has something else, they don't have an answer other than it's in the policy and please read the policy. When asking for a supervisor, you will be denied since their claim is this issue is addressed within the policy about electrical not being covered. Although, they may cover some electrical parts if it's mechanically associated with the product's operation so basically it's up to their discretion on whether the part will or won't be covered, even though they won't tell you this fully.

Merci Mee Detroit, MI

I purchased this contract in 2018 when Sears was in business. The response was much better until Sears went completely under. However, I held onto the contract because our home is old. Silly me, I thought these warranty contracts were designed to help homeowners mitigate the cost of repairs and replacements. When my hot water heater (about 7 y.o.) failed early this year,, I thought I paid too high a price with the warranty. Now that my furnace stopped working, they refuse to pay any part for replacement, although I have a whole-house warranty. Next stop is my attorney. Makes me mad to have to go through this.

oxforduniversity San Luis Obispo, CA

I have Sears Home Warranty and they have prevailed on everything on repairs, they were extremely professional and the average time to get a repair is about 2 days. Worth every penny and I would recommend them to anybody

TDG La Porte, IN

Sears Home Store in Knox Indiana. Expedited the service call and on June 3rd late afternoon my craftsman 8400 pro series was repaired and all is working well. Contacted Sears Home Warranty May 30, 2020 about my Craftsman 8400 pro series riding mower which I paid a little over 4000.00 including a 3 year warranty. I was told by the person I would be contacted within 48 hours. I never heard back so I called after 48 hours and was disconnected. So I called the Sears home Store in KNOX Indiana where I purchased mower from. The man was able to get me a appointment for technical service to come out. The service technician will not arrive for 3 weeks!!!!!! I am disabled, my wife has to use a push mower .... We have 1 1/2 acres that need to be mowed weekly. This is completely unacceptable after paying 4,000.00 for this mower. I am contacting local tv stations for buyers beware. This mower was purchased May 28, 2019 and well maintained with oil changes, air filter change and using the appropriate gas. The mower will not move forward or backwards and does not appear to have a broken drive belt.

Max Ray Winston, GA

Repair of Kenmore side by side..I called on a Saturday..They scheduled me for the following Monday..Service man arrived and had it fixed in about 10 minutes!! Faulty relay!! Low and behold..Kenmore vent hood light socket went bad..On Saturday of same week..had repairman out within 2 hours..problem fixed..faulty socket.. YEAHHHH..shout out to Sears repair men!

W. Schmidt Sumter, SC

Reasonable price for items covered. However, they keep sending me late payments notices although they do direct debit from my account.

Deziar Whitlock Buffalo, NY

Horrible! Don’t do it. I’m not even the type of person to leave reviews but they are really garbage. I was told I would have to pay $150 to cancel my warranty. I asked to speak a supervisor numerous times and was told “my supervisor is going to tell you the same thing.” The conversation was so bad I had to hang up them,

D. Wilbanks Birmingham, AL

This is the worse service I've ever had! I would not encourage anyone to get their warranty. They are inadequate, they dhow up for your appointments late and they are trained to lie to you. I am very disappointed in Sears Warranty. Had I known that I would be treated like this I wouldn't emhave ever gotten their service.

Dawn Humphrey Phoenix, AZ

I placed a claim thru Choice Home Warranty and they assigned it to Sears Home Warranty to fix. They NEVER SHOWED UP for 2 separate appts! I called Sears and they "said" they escalated my issue but nothing happened!!! Worst customer service ever!!! I had to called Choice back to ask them to assign another vendor because Sears was worthless!

Ching L Ching Fort Worth, TX

I have repairs for both refrigerator and Dryer 1. Refrigerator - Confirmed appointment 3 times - no show for more than a month 2. Gas Dryer - Technician came three times but didn't fix the issue. Cancel the service call by the technician Will not use SEARS for anything. It is a BIG mistakes in buying SEARS products

joseph flores Scotts Valley, CA

They guaranteed if the could not repair our refrigerator, they would replace it! For 3 months they kept trying to replace our refrigerator with one that did not fit! Finally they offered a buy out with money that would not cover the price of a replacement!!! We are canceling our warranty as soon as we get the payment! Do not get this warranty service, they are horrible!

buck Krusen Ellicott City, MD

I would not even give them a one star but that’s all allows me to do they change the contract without letting Without letting anyone know they take a vantage of senior citizens they have no one in the network to help you out then they drag you want for three months and then tire oh that’s not covered poor customer service will never recommend anybody use this service

Mel Get Potomac, MD

Could not give a 0 star, but that would be what they deserve. I have Sears Home Warranty for well over 6 years and when I put a claim for the first time (a microwave repair), I realized for what I have been paying for so many years. A complete waste of money. I put a claim two months ago and I am still making frequent calls with no success. I am done with them and I would not recommend it for anyone.

Les Harrisburg, PA

I’m being told that there are no in network service providers in my area so I have to go outside the warranty to make my own appointment and file all of the paperwork and be reimbursed after the fact. I’m making my own appointment with Sears Home Services. They repeatedly try to transfer me back to the warranty department to make the appointment. I have to stop them and explain that the Sears Home Warranty company told me that Sears Home Services is NOT in network and will not make the appointment for me. Sears should be embarrassed to have their name attached to this product.

Fatima A. Boston, MA

I have never been more disappointed in a warranty service than this one. I have been a customer for 2 years. During this time I have paid $70 PER MONTH FOR NOTHING. I have had two appliances fail. Each time it was an emergency. Once the furnace this time the hot water heater. I am out $1600. Now it will cost me additional money to do all of this work. Never again.

Vicki O'Brien Longwood, FL

had a microwave "repaired" over a month ago. The service person said it couldn't be repaired and would need to be replaced. I've gone round and round with customer service over the phone (likely in India?) and have not heard back from anyone via email or phone. For what I'm paying, including the deductible for the repair that didn't happen (mind you, it was usable before the repair...now it is not) I could have just replaced the microwave. Ready to dump this plan and would not recommend it to anyone. Truly awful customer service.

Bruce Church Burlington, NC

PLEASE DON'T BELIEVE THE SEARS HOME WARRANTY COMPANY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Refrigerator was worked on 4 different times in 3 months; still doesn't cool! Now they say that they are going to replace it in 14 days and with what THEY want to replace it with! Been with them for 10 years without a problem; now they won't even give me what is reasonable! CANCEL THIS MONTH!

Lee Napier VA

Consumer BEWARE - Sears has changed, my entire family has been a loyal customer but that is over. They are happy to take your money but god help you if you ever try and make a claim. They will find a way to minimize the cost on their end and hit you with hidden costs from third parties. Shame on you Sears, admit it, it's time to call it, stop screwing customers and face it you're done!

patsomp sompayrac Gilbert, AZ

In May my water heater started leaking. It was covered by the above mention master protection agreement. On May 26th I received an email stating that the agreement is going to pay me $1997.99 for the replacement of the water heater. I signed a cash agreement for the said amount. The protection agreement was in my husband's name. I signed mine. I told the customer service people that my husband had died in 2017 and I sent them a copy of the death certificate. Sears wants the agreement in my name to send me the money. I get this. I was told that I needed to send customer service the death certificate, marriage license and will. (They want some other legal document, but no one knows what it is called.) I was told that I would hear from someone in 3 to 4 days, it has been 7 days. I still do not have the check for said amount. No one will tell me what they want. I was told they contacted me on June 11th about this, I did not receive an email, phone call or letter. Your company is stealing my money. How do I get my money? I wish I had been dishonest and forged my husband's name, none of this would have happened and I would have had my money (which I need) long ago. Now your company is being dishonest. By the way, the protection agreement is in my name now, where is my check? When I renewed this agreement the gentleman that I spoke with asked what name did I want the agreement in I said mine. Poof....it was changed!!!! Where is my money? Over 2 months is ridiculous! Your webpage at the bottom says "No Hassle Claims". Lie, that is all I've dealt with is one hassle after the other. Please tell me what do I have to do to resolve this?

Cindy Al-Qawasmi Carlisle, PA

The people at the call center are friendly but inept. They don't know which companies they have or don't have. Plus if something is damaged in your has by a company THEY engaged they take no responsibility for it . Supervisors are suppose to call you back with 24-48 hours and they never do. In addition if you want to cancel your program there is a MAJOR cancellation fee because you are under a contract for a year plus you have to pay for the service that was originally performed plus any and all the follow ups you might have had. So the $49.99 you are paying a month for the program means nothing and you get no credit for it if you try to cancel. I've already filed a complaint with the BBB

Disappointed Customer Redding, CT

Their customer service is horrible. It's difficult to get to a live representative and when you do they treansfer you to another number that puts you back to teh same ausomated service that starts the process all over again. If you have multi zones on your home AC, they will only cover one system I recently requested service in a central air system that was covered. The technician looked at the wrong system and then they declared that it was not covered. When I tried to explain that the technician looked at the wrong system they gave me the run around and the poroblem is still not resolve. To send the technician back, requires an new $100 deductible payment.

Bill H. Albuquerque, NM

I have a Sears service agreement for my washer and dryer. In the past they have made repairs with little difficulty. But now my washer needs serious repair (loud noise when spinning and leaking). I have been waiting for a repair since February. It is now June. The tech ordered four parts. I have received three of them but can’t get a status for the fourth. Calling sears is maddening. You get someone who barely speaks English and is very difficult to understand. Often their servers are down so they tell you to call back another day. When I do get through they know nothing and say some other dept will call me back, which doesn’t happen. Or they connect me with another dept which is closed and you can’t leave a message. The repair is handled by a local contractor who never answers their phone. Sears and the contractor blame each other for the problems so I cannot get a straight answer. It’s terrible service. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER get a Sears service agreement. Their promises mean nothing.

Sherry Sanderson Riverton, UT

I have been shuffled around by 21 people and no one has had the knowledge or know what to do with my situation. It is unbelievable! I am with a home warranty company. They contacted Sears and sent them to fix my washing machine. Michael came out, piddled a little with our washer and ordered parts. He left after hanging around my house, on his phone for one hour. He could have left after 15 min. The parts came, Michael came back, wrong parts. Had to order other parts. Was supposed to come back and never showed. I called my home warranty company and asked them to offer the job to another company. They told me they typically do not do this but after hearing my story they sent another company. They came in, laughed at the parts Michael ordered and I quote, " If he bothered to look inside, he would have seen these parts are incorrect." This company ordered the correct parts, came back and fixed my washer (within 4 days). Michael stretched my washer fixing for 3 weeks. I was billed by Sears. Talked to a woman who called me and asked why I hadn't paid my bill. I told her my story and she was going to deal with it. SHE DID NOT. Next I get a letter saying this is my last before being sent to collections. I called the good old Sears 1-800 number and they shuffled me around as mentioned before with NO results. I finally contacted headquarters and spoke to a gentleman, gave him the EXACT same information I gave to the 21 other people who conveniently could not find my name or my contract claim. This gentleman took my information, put me on hold for 3 minutes and came back saying it was taken care of and would not be sent to claims. He also gave me my Michael ID number in case I want to file a complaint, WELL, I have a claims letter in front of me as I type. It was NOT taken care of, I had to pay so as to not ruin my credit. SOOOOO, I now want my refund ASAP. This company DID NOT provide a service nor fixed my machine. I am beyond upset and will take legal actions if not responded to and send me guarantee information that this has been This company has such inept service representatives that only have in a small box knowledge of problems that need further help and Sears truly needs an overhaul. Sears used to have a good name, now I cringe when I hear someone say Sears. Tip for consumers: RUN, RUN,RUN they are not worth it, even if they come in lower, they are horrible

Dustin Starkey Columbia, TN

I was had!!! I have a samsung fridge that I needed to be worked on and I contacted these people. I online chatted to sign up. I was given 2 choices. I can pay the $150 fee for them to come out for one time or sign up for membership for $49 a month, they would wave the fee to come out and $75 deductible that would cover total cost to fix as long as you were a memeber. This membership includes all appliances and If they can't fix they will replace. This is complete malarkey, don't fall for it like I did. The technician came out and was here for 15 min. I explained to him what's going on and that I charged the fridge 3 months ago and it won't cool anymore. So, a few minutes went buy and he says well I can't work on because you worked on it and then continues to tell me what I need to do to charge it properly and I should vacuum the lines out before I charge it . This is what I called you out for !!!! Then proceeds to charge me $81 for coming out doing absolutely nothing. When I signed up they never asked me if I worked on the fridge or anything like that. Please don't sign up with these guys. It's all a scam. I filed a claim to get my money back!!!!