Sears Home Warranty has been offering their services since 2014. It is a single protection plan that can cover the repair or replacement of more than 20 major appliances and household systems. Sears home warranty coverage gives homeowners peace of mind by helping them to avoid the high cost of unexpected repairs and replacements on the appliances and systems they depend on every day. The home warranty is available in 49 U.S. states and has a variety of plans for homeowners to choose from. Unfortunately, the majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, demonstrating poor customer service as well as a multitude of other complaints. See Sears Home Warranty reviews below to read what customers have to say.

#1 Landmark Home Warranty chevron_right
#2 First American Home Warranty chevron_right
3.4
#3 The Home Service Club chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Cancellation Fees and Contract Length
  • Coverage
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Exclusive Benefits
  • Variety of Plans
  • Appliance Check-up Packages

Cancellation Fees and Contract Length

Sears Home Warranty Company doesn’t charge cancellation fees if you decide to switch to another home warranty company. Also, with Sears,  you are only required to sign a yearly contract, which makes it simple to renew your contract on a yearly basis, and not have a long-term commitment to a warranty policy.

Coverage

Sears has home warranty coverage for 49 of 50 states. Sears warranty covers almost the entire United States, making it simple to find a Sears warranty in your area.

24/7 Customer Service

Sears Home Warranty offers customer service for homeowners to get assistance and to submit a claim 24/7. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

Exclusive Benefits

When you sign a service contract for a Sears Home Warranty plan, you are eligible for the following benefits:

• One heating and one cooling system maintenance check every year
  • Free 2-day shipping on tons of items from Sears and Kmart
  • 15% back in Shop Your Way points on all qualifying purchases
  • Discounted oil changes and tire rotations at Sears Auto Centers

Variety of Plans

Sears offers a variety of home warranty plans, making it simple for every homeowner to find the right coverage for them. Here is a list of each plan, their cost, and what major appliances and systems they cover.

Sears Appliance Plan: $49.99 per Month

• Electrical system
  • Ceiling fans
  • Garage door opener

Sears Whole House Plan: $69.99 per Month

• Everything in the Appliance Plan and the Systems Plan.

Add-on Coverage & Extra Benefits

• Pool and/or Spa with heater (heater limit $1,000)
  • Septic tank with pumping (pumping limit $500. Tank replacement limit $1,000)
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Sump pump
  • Well pump

Appliance Check-up Packages

Sears Home Warranty offers appliance check-up packages where they inspect numerous systems and appliances at once so a homeowner doesn't have to make separate service calls for each one. Here are the appliance check-up packages that Sears advertises on their website:

• $99 laundry check-up
  • $149 kitchen appliance check-up
  • $199 kitchen $ laundry check-up

The Bad

• Sears Home Warranty Cost
  • Time in Business
  • No Mobile App
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Sears Home Warranty Cost

The average cost per year for Sears Home Warranty agreement is $719. Prices will range based on the state you live in and the type of warranty plan you choose. The average trade service fee for a Sears Home Warranty is $88. Sears doesn’t offer the most competitive prices compared to other home warranty companies that charge closer to $400 per year with a $60-$70 trade service fee. This may prove to be a problem for consumers who are looking for a more affordable option.

Time in Business

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its services since 2014. With somewhat limited experience under their belt, there are other home warranty companies that have more experience in the home warranty service industry.

No Mobile App

Currently, there is no mobile app for Sears Home Warranty. This would be helpful for them to work on so customers can request services from their mobile device without having to call or get on a desktop.

Negative Customer Reviews

The majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, giving the home warranty company a low star rating. Common themes throughout the reviews are poor customer service, slow repair time, and inadequate technicians. With such poor customer reviews, we recommend looking into other home warranty providers—ones with satisfied customers and positive reviews.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its warranty services and products since 2014. Customers enjoy their 24/7 customer service and exclusive benefits that are included with the warranty you purchase. Sears Home Warranty works to provide homeowners peace of mind that their appliances will be taken care of in the case that malfunctions or defects occur through normal wear and tear.

Additionally, Sears Home Warranty covers unknown pre-existing conditions in its service contract. However, negative reviews highlight poor customer service, slow repair service, difficult claim process, and inadequate technicians. Sears Home Warranty might need to improve these aspects of its business before it is a good choice for home warranty service.

We recommend researching other top home warranty companies that have positive feedback to ensure you find the best home warranty company for you.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.1

MLG
June 28th, 2019 Lakeville, MN DETAILS

Sears Home Warranty is a joke. Do not waste your money. We called them out for our washing machine, needs to bearings, the technician scheduled an appointment with my husband when he was here for today. Never got a confirmation, so I called Sears to confirm. NOPE, they are still waiting for the part, it will be sent here 7-10 days from the first visit, THEN we can call to make an appointment. I have not done laundry in 5 days, it's getting so bad. I'd have been better off buying a new washing machine. I'm going to cancel as soon as this is fixed. I will never use them again.

Carlos
June 26th, 2019 Jersey City, NJ DETAILS

I did call for my refrigerator that was not cooling. They scheduled an appointment for a week after I called them, meanwhile the refrigerator died, no way to get them sooner, the company that serves my area is from Brooklyn and only twice a week in the area; today when they arrived they said they have to order the parts and I might have to wait another week!!!!!

Honest Abe
June 25th, 2019 Munster, IN DETAILS

AVOID THIS SO-CALLED WARRANTY LIKE THE PLAGUE. Below is an excerpt from the warranty of items that are NOT covered. If your problem is one of these, it will not be covered. And many of these appliance problems, like mine, are commonplace. And once you find this out, you're still locked into at least a year of having to pay premiums. The devil is in the details, and this warranty is had plenty of them. And if you try to cancel before your 1-yr term is up, they slap you with a $218 cancellation fee. This is just another reason why sears is going belly up. Don't make the mistake I did. I will not be renewing the moment my 1-yr waste of money is up. I really could not be more disappointed and furious with a service than I am with this one. 4. This Agreement includes a deductible charge, listed on your Agreement Coverage Summary, that you must pay per trade on each service call made towards the covered portion of any claim. When a covered claim requires more than one trade to complete the covered repair/replacement only one deductible charge will be required. Trades include appliance, air conditioning, heating, electrical, plumbing, and any other trade specifically required to service Covered Items listed on your Agreement Coverage Summary. You are responsible for and shall pay the independent service contractor directly for the service call and for actual work performed and/or Item installed, up to the amount of the deductible at the time of visit(s), in a manner acceptable to the independent service contractor. You are responsible for and shall pay the independent service contractor for any amounts due for services performed or parts installed that are not covered under the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. A service call includes, without limitation, inspecting, diagnosing, and/or performing service for the repair or replacement of a malfunctioning Item.

Lynn F
June 25th, 2019 Overland Park, KS DETAILS

We have a Master Service Plan On June 15 our air-conditioning system went out. I called to schedule service and you would not come out until June 19. On Jun 19 the service person did not arrive till 8 PM and said that the system was frozen up. He was obviously tired and it mama spend time to fix it so he had us turn it off He was supposed to come back on Friday. He did not show up. They rescheduled it for Saturday. On Saturday I called every hour and was assured he would be here. At 8:15 PM on Saturday I called again and was told he would not be able to make it. No one notified us of this prior to my call. We have been out of air conditioning now for a week. Your Master Service program is a joke. This morning I actually received a notice saying you had rescheduled our service for Wednesday. Really do you think I believe that? Plus we live in Kansas so that would mean we’re out of service for close to two weeks. We have a cancer patient has had to be hospitalized due to this issue I have continually told your representatives that but it has not done any good Every time I called I was “assured” A person would be out and the system would be fixed. As of June 23, that has not happened. Because of the extreme heat we have had to call another company to get this fixed. They came out within two hours of our phone call The fix cost was $475 but we were told it was only a patch and a new system was required. The current system has a leak that could not be adequately fixed by just refilling refrigerant The new system will be $7,000 I am extremely dissatisfied with this program and plan to write a letter to the Better Business Bureau as well as Sears Corporate offices as well as to our legal counsel for a lawsuit. I am also turning you into the state attorney general for poor business practices. I paid over $650 for the service plan which is worth absolutely nothing. I will be sending Sears a bill through our legal counsel for the $7000 replacement of the air conditioning system along with the $475 cost to repair the system along with any charges incurred.

CLIFFORD A REINHOLD
June 20th, 2019 Canyon Country, CA DETAILS

We purchased a SEARS full coverage plan (69.99 per month) about 11 months ago. About 9 months ago I filed my first claim for a roll up single garage door that would not open and paid the tech the $100. He then informed me that the main spring was broken and is not covered if you read the "fine print". He offered to repair the door for $1000. less a $200 discount. I made a note to cancel this contract when it expires next month. In January our LG dryer caught on fire and we immediately took out to our driveway. Filed a claim with Sears and gave the tech the standard $100 deductible when he arrived 3 days after filing the claim. He removed all of the side panels and showed me where the lint had been burnt. He then denied the claim based on poor maintenance and proceeded to tell me that it was the customers responsibility to periodically "pull out" the dryer and remove all the side panels and then clean out any lint!!! I told him I never heard of such a thing but it fell on deaf ears, he simply wanted a reason to deny the claim. I will certainly not renew this contract and I am so upset with the results of the two claims I will not even shop at SEARS. When I was growing up, I am 75 years old, SEARS had a very solid reputation for quality product and services but this new management team has destroyed that reputation and is all about greed!!! *** DO NOT PURCHASE A HOME WARRANTY FROM SEARS, YOU WILL BE VERY DISAPPOINTED ***********

Robert G Bistor
June 18th, 2019 Cambridge, OH DETAILS

I had my lawn mower fixed and was told by the Sears rep and the Sears brochure under the section of Service Promise that I would receive lawn care reimbursement for the three weeks it took to fix my mower. When I presented the 3 lawn care invoices they only wanted to pay 150.00 and wanted me to pay the remaining and wanted me to pay the remaining 300.00 for mowing 4 acres three times. Then when I got upset with them they canceled the offer and said they will pay nothing. I can see why Sears is going out of business with policies like that. If this is how their SERVICE PROMISE is I will never go to Sears again. Buyer beware.

Daniel Alverth
June 17th, 2019 Winfield, IL DETAILS

Our Water Heater broke down on a Sunday morning,it was our 1st claim since we joint 2016.We called 3 different Providers left messages 1 never called back,2nd cant come over before next monday and 3rd can look at it earliest Wednesday. Result We need a new Water Heater.and our gasline leakes and need to be exchanged .he will let Sears know and than we go from there .Friday and still no respond .We called Provider and Sears both told us the parts are ordered but no track-nr to give us a time when we finally can have warm water again. We called HomeDepot they offer same day installation 1700$ for installation and Heater included taxes and fees.Talked to Sears to see if we can get our own plummer Service and they said no! they have special savings on there contractors and on the installation so what do i safe here on my side, we as payers have to wait till there cheap items are arriving , i have no hot water for over a week ,we have to heat up water on the stove top to wash our self with a cup and a bucket every day or to wash dishes or to wash counter tops we need to warm water on the stove top - just that Sears can take our money and get a 1700 $ job for 50% cheaper on our time.What a poor Customer Service and a Plz check back every 2 days to get updates on the order Status thx you for choosing Sears .What a Joke - plus we get a bill of 546 $ of non covered Charges on top of having no warm water for almost 2 weeks.even when the contract said Water Heater are covered up to 10000 $ this insurance is a waste of money .I wished we would put the 60 $ monthly fee on a saving account for the last 3 years and took the money to call someone from the internet...

Greg C.
June 17th, 2019 Richmond, TX DETAILS

Our hot water heaters stopped working so no hot water. The warranty only covers 1. Can't be repaired after 5 days. Won't issue a check to be applied to another business to repair the heater faster as with appliances. Warranty is a joke. Will never buy any Sears products again. All lies. Can't give a no star rating.

Harry
June 17th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

They are money suckers, money vampires, hungry for your money. They never fix the problem. Instead, they collect the premium regularly. Their contractors never pick the phone. They are not available to fix your problem. They say, it will take over 4 weeks to fix the problem. They make sure you get frustrated and fix your problem on your own by calling local contractors. They never reimburse the money for fixing the problem on your own. They will not let you cancel the contract. You have to cancel your credit card to stop them charging you over and over again. All they need is your money. They will never give you service. This is what I faced, not once but multiple times. So, when I called them to cancel, they don't do it. If you want to be cheated and get looted, go with Sears Home Warranty.

Noreen Niamath
June 14th, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS

I'm on the phone with them as I type this, trying to get a refund for the service they have failed so miserably to provide. So far it seems that the sales department is the only department that can do their job because they were able to sucker me into this worthless contract. I have been on the phone for over 2.5 hours and I still do no have this resolved. I am now on hold with the 9th person. I have been hung up on 4 times. The last guy, Daniel actually told me he was going to hang up because I refused to understand that he could not help me. HA! So now I am on hold again with my 11th person, this one is pleasant and wants to be helpful but alas he can't do anything but provide me with yet another phone number for Sears Customer Solutions. Let's see what BS they come up with. And he gave me the wrong number. Now I am speaking to number 13 and and she is so far just as useless as all the others. There is no solution here!!! This lady is going to submit a claim for a refund. She gave me a case number and said I will be contacted in 24 to 48 hours. Now I have invested a lot of time in this but each person I spoke to made me more determined to get my money back because they all seemed worse than the one before. If SEARS treats their paying customers so poorly just imagine how badly they must treat their employees. I actually apologized to a couple of them for having to work for such an awful company. Maybe I will get a refund or maybe they will come up with more excuses and lies, which is the more likely scenario. We will see . By the way they will give you only a physical address for SEARS Corporate.

John Dess
June 14th, 2019 Hot Springs, AR DETAILS

These people are dishonest and act in complete bad faith. Customer for 4 years with minor claims. A/C fan blower motor goes out. Out of A/C for 8 days when they finally send wrong part. Options were wait another week or hire their service provider to fix and seek reimbursement. SHW offered less than 1/2 of my cost, and still have not remitted after 30 days. Spent 7-8 hours on 20+ phone calls and emails asking for service and help. This company is totally corrupt.

Lynette
June 12th, 2019 Calumet City, IL DETAILS

Sears home warranty is the worst warranty service EVER!! I’ve had them 8 months and never used them I was told that I could cancel at any time without penalty! I just tried to cancel and was told the cancellation fee would be $230 !!! and I had to keep for 1 yr. not to be charged fee! BEWARE!!! LIARS!!!

Sarah
June 11th, 2019 Federal Way, WA DETAILS

Had the appliance warranty and upgraded. But when the furnace stopped working they said it wasn’t covered because of a pre existing condition. Also they said it had only been on warranty for 8 days so no. Basically they called us liars. The furnace worked all winter and then stopped. Now calling back and forth with them is ridiculous. Then they said they would pay to have a new one installed if we bought it. Now they say they never said that. Don’t buy sears....

Brian Sands
June 5th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Terrible experience! It took over a month for them to repair my washing machine. I immediately used it and it virtually fell apart knocking a dryer over and denting it. smashing soap containers causing soapy mess on floor. The glass tub was shattered and covering clothing with shards of glass. Two ballast weights were sheared off. I immediately called them and was told my account was cancelled and nothing could be done, I told them this was inaccurate he then put place me on hold. I ended up talking to someone else and was told my contract was indeed in force and said they would connect me to some one else. I remained on hold for a long time and was finally disconnected. I then called back and complained and all I got was an apology so I cancelled the contract. On top of it they left all the old parts that have totally overwhelmed my trash capacity not to mention all the huge boxes. Several years ago I went through this with a different washing machine and it took six months to resolve.

Tenika M.
June 5th, 2019 Fayetteville, GA DETAILS

Complete SCAM, the technician sold us on the warranty saying pay $100 deductible and problem resolved. NOT the case, I called to cancel because the services were misrepresented to us, and was met my RUDE ROSA. I'm currently on the phone with Jordan who is beyond helpful, hopefully we reach a resolution...if not I will be back to continue this review.

Scott
June 4th, 2019 Montclair, NJ DETAILS

I've had no trouble on the phone and they will come - usually a few days later. BUT ..... they have repaired the same problem on my washing machine four times now. I am told by the techs that they use inferior, refurbished parts (which, by the way, usually take up to two weeks to arrive, then I have to make another service call). So they appear to be unable to do a professional fix to keep the appliance operating. Let's see what happens when they come this Thursday for yet the same problem.

C. Leggett
May 31st, 2019 Ridgeland, MS DETAILS

This company is a scam! They take too long to order needed parts and they do not tell you up front that there will be an up charge plus your deductible. Customer service is a total joke! Their service people are big Liars! Beware!! Do not use this scamming company!

Eric Lehr
May 31st, 2019 Bradenton, FL DETAILS

My 88 year-old mothers refrigerator has not been working properly for about a year now and the repair person keeps on repairing the same things because he's tired of coming out and repairing the same things and not recommending replacement oh, now he's saying it's a water pressure problem. It's BS

t f
May 31st, 2019 Hendersonville, NC DETAILS

My Ac unit went. Have had a Sears home warranty for the 2 years I've owned this property. This was my first claim. They want over $3000 to fix it. Yes, I have the whole house plan with a $100 deductible.

Travis
May 30th, 2019 City of La Follette, TN DETAILS

The Sears Home Warranty program is a scam. What is promised on the front side from their sales people is NOT delivered on the back side. Sales people lie to get you to sign up and then the "service" process is horrible. I called for service on my A/C, appointment was rescheduled THREE times by their vendor, was told that my second outside A/C unit "was not covered" and had to pay twice as much as the salesman promised when he sold me the warranty. Who wants one outside A/C unit covered and not the other? It defies common sense. I was also told that I was signing up for a 12 month term with NO AUTO RENEWAL. I have since found out that was a lie as well. There is a auto renewal clause so cancel your horrible service in time before the scam auto renews for another year! Run from this "warranty" and when you get tired or running, take a breath and run some more. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. I now know why Sears is in such horrible financial shape. Sales people who lie and subsequent horrible service is a one way ticket to bankruptcy and closing all of your stores!

Laurin
May 30th, 2019 Camden, SC DETAILS

CONSTANT LIES!! every year something goes wrong with my ac unit. I always have to wait at least a week for them to show up. They never come on time. When they do, they just diagnose the problem and say they have to order part. They never come back when promised or show at all! I suggest 2nd wind. They came when they said and fixed it right away. Their "service" is a joke. My elderly mother should not have to run down people to do what she pays for when she needs them shes left to suffer in a hot house for days on end. Shame on you sears.

Bob M
May 30th, 2019 Castro Valley, CA DETAILS

Awful. Don’t buy it! They run everything through a philipino call center. They can not help you. I have had a broken dishwasher for 6 weeks, 3 technicians have come out and no resolution. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this group. They take your money and give you absolutely no service

Aska Shah
May 22nd, 2019 Edison, NJ DETAILS

I feel silly - as I should have done some research prior to signing up for the Sears Home Warranty!! And now, I feel that I can COMPLETELY relate to all the views put forward here. Let me shed some light on the situation: My washer broke down after the cooling period. The service engineer comes over, and stated that it is a factory recall. We coordinate the entire operation with GE, and they duly come and fix the software update. This by the way had NOTHING to do with why our washer stopped. The Engineer never mentioned the actual problem, but we did pay him $75 visit fee. Turned out, we had to call them again and when they came, they simply refused to carry out the work stating that it was a pre-existing condition. To make things worse, I got an email from them stating that I had signed of completion of work - which I never did! BEWARE OF SEARS DOING SUCH THINGS!! Normal wear and tear is but normal and I explained in many ways that it was not in my hands when the washer decided to break down. But they simply refused and consider. Takeaways: 1. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR SEARS HOME WARRANTY 2. IF YOU DECIDE TO DO SO (hopefully not with SEARS), ASK THEM TO CONFIRM THAT ALL COVERED DEVICES ARE IN WORKING CONDITION. 3. ASK FOR DETAILED BREAKUP OF CAUSE, EFFECT, IMPACT WHEN GETTING THE JOB DONE. (We trusted the engineers thinking they are nationwide, reputable - but we were wrong).

Jay Smith
May 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Worst thing I ever did was purchase this home warranty. The way their system works is frustrating, slow and most of the technicians 100% terrible. The fastest they fixed anything was 3 weeks, so enjoy being without A/C, dishwasher or anything for at least this long when something breaks.

Chen zhang
May 21st, 2019 Castro Valley, CA DETAILS

In 2017, it took me a minute for a customer representative to answer me when I said I wanted to purchase a home warranty. One year later in 2018 when I wanted to cancel it, it took 40 min to wait on the phone. I bought the warranty for one year for the property I wanted to sell. One year later, I didn't need it after I sold the property. I called to cancel the policy a couple of days before the expiration date and that should be quite simple - just don't renewal the policy. What I didn't know is they charged my credit card one month before the expiration date in 2018 for the year I asked for cancellation. I only paid attention to credit card transaction after the expiration date just in case. They didn't refund me. As a matter of fact, they didn't even stop my policy. I didn't know until today in 2019 because it started to charge my credit again for next year, again one month before the expiration date. I will call them again to cancel to get the refund but not sure if I can got last year's premium back. This is really terrible!! You think you can trust those big companies after your call, they would take care everything automatically. Wrong!

Bri Loftis
May 16th, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS

TOTAL SCAM - complete fraud! Don't waste your money. They lie! I was told a month ago a part wasn't covered for my dishwasher, but the repairman found another part they said was covered. The parts man didn't order it and now they say it isn't covered. I had to call - they should have called me. They are LIARS and take your money with ZERO [email protected]

David
May 16th, 2019 Anaheim, CA DETAILS

After 11 months paying the monthly 49.99, my dryer stopped working. I called to have a technician come out on Thursday May 9. She said she could not find the part. Also she stated if the part is unavailable I would have the option to either accept a check or choose from a list of qualifying models to replace. the bad gas dryer. The following Tuesday, I was offered by phone $23.47 toward a new dryer. I declined. Instead I bought a new one for $901.03. I plan to give them a chance to reimburse me in full.

Cindy Bronkhorst
May 16th, 2019 Elk, WA DETAILS

SCAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This company is a complete scam! We just paid their fee upfront and now we have a claim and they say they don't have any repairmen in our area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we asked them for a refund of our $500 by their calculations we would OWE them money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi
May 14th, 2019 Carrollton, GA DETAILS

Worst Experience I have EVER had! We are going on month 4 with no refrigerator with 4 children in the home because they keep sending repair men who can't seem to repair it but they won't make the call to replace it. Customer service is hit or miss. Would not recommend for anyone!!! Biggest waste of money we have ever spent.

BABAR AHMAD
May 9th, 2019 Manassas, VA DETAILS

TOTAL SCAM!!! WORST SERVICE EVER!!!! LONG LONG HOLD TIMES....They declined my claim because of maintenance, I showed them multiple maintenance records, but they denied the claim stating that I might have paid for the maintenance, but the company may not have done the job properly and that I should have check to make sure. THEY ARE MODERN DAY CRIMINALS!!!! CHARGING ME $70 A MONTH AND CANNOT CANCEL WITH A PENALTY FEE.

mark Shurtleff
May 9th, 2019 Frisco, TX DETAILS

We just had an ice market that didn't work on a $2850 LG refrigerator. They came out 3 times ordering the wrong parts etc. and couldn't fix. They ordered 3 more parts including a new compressor etc. They came in put all those in and guess what no ice and freezer and refrigerator don't work . All groceries ruined, no one coming out until Tuesday and no supervisor to talk to. I hope they didn't ruin my refrigerator, They can come out for 3 days. No refrigerator for weekend.

Cat Burg
May 8th, 2019 Spring, TX DETAILS

Home Warranty is not a real thing! If I could give a negative rating I would! We have been 6 weeks without a working dishwasher. One of the assigned technicians broke a copper pipe. Another technician came and said the other technician broke it. No one will take responsibility for the damage. I am switched from person to person while listening to annoying music, only to get put on hold again. Sears and Sedgwick pass this back and forth and nothing is done. No one seems to know how to resolve our issue. The lack of ability to get anything done is astonishing.

J HENDERSON
May 7th, 2019 Jefferson, GA DETAILS

I just had my semi annual service on my a/c. The technician told us the upstairs unit wasn't working (we live in Atlanta and hadn't noticed ???!!!) and needed 1500 ish worth of work that was not covered. The second unit wasn't working and needed a new pump for around 500ish --again not covered. I called their service dept and spoke to Ron--he just kept repeating see paragraph 2 of your contract --neither is covered. Just got my old service people out here --the upstairs unit had a crossed wire--the downstairs unit had a clogged drain. the only charge was for the call $79.95. I spoke to Sears or Cross Country which services the contract. I spoke to 6 people --the last one Tenicia actually told me I did not have any coverage for the second unit which I added--so she was not looking at my account I'm sure. Please be very very careful when considering this service.

D White
May 7th, 2019 Arlington, TX DETAILS

No stars from me. The repair guy was great! However, even on a speaker , warranty assured that they would replace my Kenmore microwave even got a confirmation by email. Next day received a call from them that they decided not to cover! Called and spoke to a supervisor **** and she said they will review the claim. Now claim is still in review and no word of replacement. What am I paying for? Very disappointed as the supervisor **** wouldn't hardly say a word in our discussion regarding the issue as she told me at the beginning the conversation is being recorded & I said I'm glad it is! I feel that they should have followed through on replacement as the service technician was told and I was told and the email confirmation of it. Even the damage was documented by facetime between the technician and the service department! VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! I will not be renewing this coverage as I have been TOTALLY MISINFORMED and feel like I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED by a legit company. My appliance coverage of $49.99 will definitely be stopped on my last payment which is in 2 months due to this company totally scamming me.

Penny Newhope
May 3rd, 2019 Mansfield, OH

No stars, wish they would stop calling us. In the evening early in the morning, during the day! I keep telling them no we're not interested and to take us off there list. They just keep calling and what's so funny is it's for a refrigerator that warranty ran out on last OCT!!!!

disgruntled
May 3rd, 2019 Palo Alto, CA DETAILS

The repairman didn't come within the allotted window, but an hour and a half late. I had to get my daughter from school and that's when he shows up. As I'm getting home he is pulling out of my driveway and says he can't wait more than 15 minutes. What and my 5.5 hours I wanted for you???

J'hon
April 28th, 2019 Hillsboro, OR

These Warranty plans are a straight-up-scam from before the word go. What am I saying? Well, we had called to get someone to deal with our Kenmore Elite fridge, a great fridge until things begin to go south, like the evaporator fan. I do know a thing or two about appliance repair, but I thought peace of mind would be nice to have for all appliances while I remodel my home. Well, we called to get someone to do the diagnosis and correct what was wrong. they said we could get a warranty for a reasonable price and then... you need to pay today before your appointment in about a week. I in that time got the fridge working myself, called to cancel the appointment and to not do the warranty ( we were told there would be no cost if all was canceled before any tech came to the home. 1st point of B.S. -- They proceeded to say that there would now be a $25 cancellation fee, and sent a cancellation notice dated a month into the warranty period. 2nd point of B.S. -- we never used anything from the warranty and it should have been the end of it with the full $49.99 or whatever the cost we had to pay up front. The 3rd point of B.S. it's the only way they can make sure to take money if you resolve the issue without them. I would never trust them after having read this board of customers treated so poorly. It's no surprise that Sears is History, with this leg trying to scam whatever's and whoever's left believing in their namesake. Shame on them. We went to our bank and cited fraud... the bank agreed with us and gave us our money back.

Regina
April 28th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I wish I could give them 0 stars! The WORST company to deal with. We pay the $49.99 a month for them schedule appointments that never existed, tell us the technician is on his way when he's really not, tell us we have 4 different service appointments for the same issue, but really there never was a service appointment. I would not recommend buying anything from Sears let alone their warranty! Horrible.

Lisa
April 25th, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Do NOT purchase a Sears Home Warranty...you will regret it. My fridge broke and I was without a fridge for a month and a half and had to call DAILY to get them to finally replace it. Now I'm trying to cancel my agreement as the headache of dealing with them is not worth the plan and they say it's a year plan and I would have to pay a penalty. You will never get the same person on the phone when you call and each person tells you something different. ZERO STARS!

Maryland Consumer
April 23rd, 2019 Chevy Chase, MD DETAILS

Be advised that 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲 IS NOT operated by the Sears at the mall. It is really 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞. When the technician comes out customer will be told that only "moving" and "mechanical" parts are covered under the plan. Customer pays for all other repairs and "worn" parts. Each single step in the repair has it's own "code" and charge. My tech vacuumed the dust at the bottom of the fridge. The code cost for vacuuming was $100.00. Ask if your repair dude has HVAC / trade school certification. Contract is covered by binding arbitration. So customer cannot go to the local Small Claims Court to recover damages.

T
April 23rd, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

They scheduled twelve service visits to repair my washer, and a year and a half later they still haven't properly repaired or replaced it. This is basically a scam.

Christy GOlen
April 23rd, 2019 Springfield, MA DETAILS

This company is a scam! I paid up front the whole house plan where it covers the heat, the plumbing the appliances and air conditioning. I paid for my house and my parent's house. I paid up front $1600. I was told that no matter the age of appliances that they would fix them or replace them. My dishwasher stopped washing dishes a week ago. The tech came out and said that the dishwasher was 35 years old and that the racks were rusting thats why it stopped spinning and cleaning. The company said they would not fix or replace it!! I am out $1600! I could have replace the appliances in my entire kitchen for that. They are scammers DO NOT BUY THIS! I went to BBB and they are handling it now.

JGander
April 19th, 2019 Lakeland, FL DETAILS

After having Sears for several years and being happy with their service they completely changed their plans. We had an issue with our A/C under the new plan and they sent someone out ($100 to show up) they took 3 hours to figure out that the pan inside the air handler was cracked and that was why the system was leaking. The next day we got a call saying that the part and service was not covered because we broke the pan that is INSIDE the air handler. Called their service department and got told "too bad, this is what the service guy said, suck it up or pay $900 to cancel."

Emad Ali
April 18th, 2019 Flushing, NY DETAILS

I had an appointment from 1-5 pm. Technichen didn’t show up and they reschedule another appointment without advising me , I had to wait all day and I specially had this day off without pay and all they said sorry after 1 hour the appointment is over. I trusted sears home service but not any more ( very disappoint )

Dennis Briggs
April 18th, 2019 Frisco, TX DETAILS

I foolishly thought it would be a good idea to sign up for the warranty service. I could not have been more wrong. Over a three month period, I have had no less than 8 technicians out to my home to repair a four year old washer. It is till in disrepair. I am beyond angry and upset. I can't wait until this contract ends and I will be done with Sears forever.

Gail Lois
April 18th, 2019 DETAILS

No repair is completed the first time around. The technician always has to come back at least twice to complete a repair! If you call the service department or “customer service” you will be transferred several times if not cut off. Talking to a representative is like talking to a wall! They have no desire to listen or help! The standard line is “That’s the best I can do.” which translates to nothing. They say that if the appliance can’t be repaired it will be replaced - good luck with that! I as told by a technician that a Sears will throw hundreds of dollars in parts at a repair rather than replace an appliance because it benefits their bottom line certainly not the consumer. I truly regret purchasing the home warranty. What it supposedly saved me in repairs cost me me sooo much more in aggravation and frustration.

Richard
April 18th, 2019 Cameron, NC DETAILS

I have had Sears Home Warranty for five years, this is the first time I have needed them. The air conditioner condensation tray that is specifically covered within the contract, cracked dumping water into the ceiling of my kitchen. Called them on Tuesday, and we are now at the end of the following Monday and nothing has been done. Even after a rep shows up I am being told I have to wait for the claim to be examined and approved, another 48-72 hours before the part will be ordered.... more time, all this while my house is being damaged due to this. Why am I paying you money if you are not going to come out and fix problems when needed. When I call I have customer service representatives like Carlene that tell me I can do nothing but wait on their process, Supervisors that say the same thing but even more blunt, refuse to call higher level management, tell you that they can not contact the group that has to process the claim.... This is absurd, I will be finding another company to do business with. The only office that seems to want to help a customer is the case-management department, but it is nearly impossible to get to them.

Unhappy customer
April 16th, 2019 Fontana, CA

Sears warranty sucks I have warranty on my refrigerator and been broken since February and until this date it does not work they have been here to fix number of time the recent visit was April 9, 2019 and it does not work still. All they do is fix it with not luck I have the best warranty that it gets replaced if it doesn't work lemon law. I guess not!!!

Helen Ginden
April 16th, 2019 Overland Park, KS DETAILS

Sears came to fix my refrigerator. I had to wait ONE WEEK for the part to arrive. The technician only fixes refrigerators but I guess they don't keep parts on the truck any more. Technician left and the next day the refrigerator was not working. I called for another service and it was ONE WEEK before they could come back. I waited the week and the technician was to arrive between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. When the technician had not arrived by 2:00, I called Sears and asked that when they place their automatic calls to notify the tech is on his way, to please call on my cell phone. She stated they would. They did not. They called my home phone. Then when the technician arrived at 2:17 (not within Sears 10 to 2 block), he also called my home phone. So I missed him by ten minutes. I called Sears and was told he would come back. He did not. After much aggravation with the scheduling department, all I could do was reschedule for another ONE WEEK out. So now that makes THREE WEEKS without a refrigerator due to their incompetence in the first place. And, if I need another part, which they should have known in the first place, that will make FOUR WEEKS. Talked to the scheduling supervisor Gina, and got no place. I have had many policies and this is the worst. They are more expensive than others. I am so sorry I chose them. In a years or so, they will probably go the way of their stores; and they should. BUYER BEWARE! I

Keri
April 16th, 2019 West Monroe, LA DETAILS

The only reason I gave 1 star is that 0 stars was not an option. I am scheduled for my 5th visit by repair technicians for a dishwasher repair. I have had the absolute worst technicians, the worst sears service customer service representatives and still no resolution with my dishwasher. When I wanted to cancel my service contract I was told they would send a bill for what had been spent on the dishwasher to this point. Definitely not worth the money I am paying monthly. They have overall poor ratings for a reason. If you are considering home warranties— STAY AWAY FROM SEARS