Sears Home Warranty

Sears Home Warranty Logo

Sears Home Warranty

Offers home warranty coverage across 49 states

Sears Home Warranty has been offering their services since 2014. It is a single protection plan that can cover the repair or replacement of more than 20 major appliances and household systems. Sears home warranty coverage gives homeowners peace of mind by helping them to avoid the high cost of unexpected repairs and replacements on the appliances and systems they depend on every day. The home warranty is available in 49 U.S. states and has a variety of plans for homeowners to choose from. Unfortunately, the majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, demonstrating poor customer service as well as a multitude of other complaints. See Sears Home Warranty reviews below to read what customers have to say.

#1 Landmark Home Warranty Logo Landmark Home Warranty ›

9.2

Overall
Score

#2 Choice Home Warranty Logo Choice Home Warranty ›

7.7

Overall
Score

#3 American Residential Warranty Logo American Residential Warranty ›

7.0

Overall
Score

#14 Sears Home Warranty Logo Sears Home Warranty ›

2.6

Overall
Score

starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Cancellation Fees and Contract Length
  • Coverage
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Exclusive Benefits
  • Variety of Plans
  • Appliance Check-up Packages

Cancellation Fees and Contract Length

Sears Home Warranty Company doesn’t charge cancellation fees if you decide to switch to another home warranty company. Also, with Sears,  you are only required to sign a yearly contract, which makes it simple to renew your contract on a yearly basis, and not have a long-term commitment to a warranty policy.

Coverage

Sears has home warranty coverage for 49 of 50 states. Sears warranty covers almost the entire United States, making it simple to find a Sears warranty in your area.

24/7 Customer Service

Sears Home Warranty offers customer service for homeowners to get assistance and to submit a claim 24/7. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

Exclusive Benefits

When you sign a service contract for a Sears Home Warranty plan, you are eligible for the following benefits:

• One heating and one cooling system maintenance check every year
  • Free 2-day shipping on tons of items from Sears and Kmart
  • 15% back in Shop Your Way points on all qualifying purchases
  • Discounted oil changes and tire rotations at Sears Auto Centers

Variety of Plans

Sears offers a variety of home warranty plans, making it simple for every homeowner to find the right coverage for them. Here is a list of each plan, their cost, and what major appliances and systems they cover.

Sears Appliance Plan: $49.99/mo

• Electrical system
  • Ceiling fans
  • Garage door opener

Sears Whole House Plan: $69.99/mo

• Everything in the Appliance Plan and the Systems Plan.

Add-on Coverage & Extra Benefits

• Pool and/or Spa with heater (heater limit $1,000)
  • Septic tank with pumping (pumping limit $500. Tank replacement limit $1,000)
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Sump pump
  • Well pump

Appliance Check-up Packages

Sears Home Warranty offers appliance check-up packages where they inspect numerous systems and appliances at once so a homeowner doesn't have to make separate service calls for each one. Here are the appliance check-up packages that Sears advertises on their website:

• $99 laundry check-up
  • $149 kitchen appliance check-up
  • $199 kitchen $ laundry check-up

The Bad

• Sears Home Warranty Cost
  • Time in Business
  • No Mobile App
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Sears Home Warranty Cost

The average cost per year for Sears Home Warranty agreement is $719. Prices will range based on the state you live in and the type of warranty plan you choose. The average trade service fee for a Sears Home Warranty is $88. Sears doesn’t offer the most competitive prices compared to other home warranty companies that charge closer to $400 per year with a $60-$70 trade service fee. This may prove to be a problem for consumers who are looking for a more affordable option.

Time in Business

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its services since 2014. With somewhat limited experience under their belt, there are other home warranty companies that have more experience in the home warranty service industry.

No Mobile App

Currently, there is no mobile app for Sears Home Warranty. This would be helpful for them to work on so customers can request services from their mobile device without having to call or get on a desktop.

Negative Customer Reviews

The majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, giving the home warranty company a low star rating. Common themes throughout the reviews are poor customer service, slow repair time, and inadequate technicians. With such poor customer reviews, we recommend looking into other home warranty providers—ones with satisfied customers and positive reviews.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its warranty services and products since 2014. Customers enjoy their 24/7 customer service and exclusive benefits that are included with the warranty you purchase. Sears Home Warranty works to provide homeowners peace of mind that their appliances will be taken care of in the case that malfunctions or defects occur through normal wear and tear. Additionally, Sears Home Warranty covers unknown pre-existing conditions in its service contract. However, negative reviews highlight poor customer service, slow repair service, difficult claim process, and inadequate technicians. Sears Home Warranty might need to improve these aspects of its business before it is a good choice for home warranty service. We recommend researching other top home warranty companies that have positive feedback to ensure you find the best home warranty company for you.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.1

March 15th, 2019 Canton, IL DETAILS

For 4 months they tried to fix my stove, including 3 visits by repairmen and lies from the customer service department that they were sending my case to the authorizations department to provide money to purchase a new stove. This last time I tried to complain, they said they would try to fix it one more time even though they repeated could not fix it in 4 months. I cancelled my contract to cut my continuing losses of $50 a month for a useless contract. Crooks. Do not ever buy a Sears Home Warranty.

Glen Gnann
March 14th, 2019 Starke, FL DETAILS

My name is Glen Gnann, I recently purchased a home warranty from sears. I had my LG washing machine go out which I will never have this brand again. Then sent a repairman out which cost me $100 only to say it was broken and ordered numerous parts. All parts except 1 arrived within a week. The repairman advised that he could not locate the one needed part and to contact sears. After 3 weeks I contacted sears. Upon contacting sears the lying and aggravation began. Sears referred me to the research department and advised they would call me about locating the part in which they never called me and after another week I called them back and was then told the part was found and was shipped to the repairman. After several days I called the repairman who advised that he had not received the part. After 1 month of waiting, unreturned phone calls and lies , I called sears and asked for a replacement washer. I was then advised that the part had arrived at the repairman. I then advised sears that I just wanted it replaced as it would be more time for the repairman to schedule an appointment for installation. Sears would not honor my request but offered half the cost to replace my washer. I angerly would not take their offer and scheduled it for repair a week later. I have a family of 6 and I have gone to laundromat 3 times a week for a month at approximately $40 each trip. I have tried to speak to management but was always brushed off. I know that I’m only 1 customer but this company is a complete rip-off. The money that I have spent over the last month, I could have have purchased a new washer without the warranty. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this company to anyone!

Lauren M
March 14th, 2019 Woodsboro, MD DETAILS

NO STARS!! Worse warranty plan ever! Had two different repair claims. First they sent companies out that couldn't do the type of work required. When I did get an excellent plumber to do the work (also sent by the warranty company) they wouldn't cover it because they said it was an pre-existing problem. Yes, idiots!! One your service guy couldn't fix the first time out. My whole experience with Sears Warranty has been an absolute joke. Not the with the service people (they are actual pretty skilled) but with the coverage and the warranty side. Trying to reach the claim department is extremely stressful. It takes an average of five calls and about 45 minutes to speak to a person. Do not purchase Sears Home Warranty!!! Buyer beware!

Bonnie Miles
March 12th, 2019 Mission, TX DETAILS

I sure wish I had read all these reviews before purchasing this warranty. Purchased via phone when I called to get my refrigerator serviced and what the sales person represented as being covered is NOT what the kit that I received in today's mail shows. I called the number listed in the kit and thought I was being very nice when the lady told me that I wasn't to get mad at her because she didn't sell me the warranty!! After I explained to her what the sales persons had told me, she said there was nothing they could do about it. I asked about just cancelling the whole thing and was told yes, we can do that for another $77 (and they've already charged my credit card for the 1 month that doesn't take effect for 30 days). I've elected to keep the warranty for the year, and never ever renew anything with the Sears name again!

Jenny Rundenza
March 12th, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

Don't buy this warranty!!! They will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you in but they flat our lie. I called to have washer repaired and it took weeks to get someone out. Once they finally came out the guy said he had to order parts. Another few weeks go buy and then I get an email that the claim has been cancelled. I called to ask why it had been canceled and they said one small bracket and screw were not covered because it was attached to the frame. Although I could not find anything to back this up in the fine print, I offer to pay for the parts just to get it done. They said no I had to go elsewhere to get it fix and they would give me a $40 credit!?!?! After being transferred around and talking to supervisors for over an hour, I told them to forget it and cancel the plan. 4 months later they are still charging my card and I'm trying to get Credit Card company to block them but Sears has a way of changing the name so charges kept coming through. I've now filed a claim with the BBB. Worst company I've ever dealt with!

Franklin Mikell
March 11th, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS

word of advice....."DO NOT PURCHASE THIS SCAM" i agree with all the 1 star reviews...every word is true, don't make the same mistake i did by not researching before buying. My initial call was for a broken refrigerator and i called and scheduled appointment for service repair tech who showed up on time, he order the parts for the repair and said he scheduled a return visit to install on Monday 3/4/19 for PM time frame. I took a personal day off from work to meet repair tech and after waiting for hours (no one called nor showed up) I decided to call and was told the service call was never scheduled for that date but was actually scheduled for Friday 3/8/19 with AM time frame, so now i had to schedule another day off from work to meet tech. Took Friday 3/8/19 off (received confirmation phone call on the night before) and still no one showed up nor called. This time when i called for ETA I was told "they had no repairman in the area today and i would have to reschedule. This entire ordeal has cost me two days loss work and several hours on the phone with no results. Totally displeased with this. I will stop payments on the contract even if it causes a glitch on my credit score. This entire ordeal has been a nightmare and too many detail about all the lies i have been told. JUST DON'T BUY THIS PLEASE, SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRAVATION"

J. Chim
March 8th, 2019 DETAILS

I have used the Sears home warranty three times. Each time the CSR initially denied coverage saying that the garbage disposal, faucet were not covered items. After more than 45 minutes and reading the contract to them, they finally agreed to a replacement. However the products they used are inferior and within one month of the installation began to rust. Their response was they will only install 'builder's grade' products and do not replace the items with a similar item as I had in spite of what the contract says.. A month later and I am still arguing with them to correct the problem. Do not buy this home warranty service. They do not honor their contract or their warranty. Buyer be wear.!! I have cancelled my service with them.

Jim
March 8th, 2019 DeSoto, TX DETAILS

I was reading Heather's remarks on the water softener and the strangest thing happened to me. The difference is they admitted not having any technicians who knew anything about water softeners and authorized me through a letter to use any company I could find and they would reimburse me for the payment. Well I found a company to fix the the water softener and turned in all paper work as required then they denied the claim calling it a preexisting condition like they would know when the softener stopped working. I am suing and if you read their contract you will find that they cover pre-existing problems if the home had no way of knowing first hand. This is by far the worst company ever and if you are smart don't use this company unless you like lying

T Davis
March 6th, 2019 Clinton Township, MI DETAILS

Sears repair persons does not keep scheduled appt time slots. Nor do they reach out to clients and provide updates on when repair persons will come to your home. Customer service dispatch area rude and did not help 1 bit. Kept me on how for a total of 15 mins. Just to tell me what I already knew. My repairman is running late. They never gave me an updated time to expect repairman. Still waiting its 6pm , my appy was between 12-4pm. What gives???

Heather
March 4th, 2019 Edwardsville, IL DETAILS

I can not express how horrible my experience has been with the whole home warranty. The customer service is the worst. This company will not stand behind the warranty contract. My water softener stopped working 2 months into my contract. It took me 3 weeks to get someone to give me permission to call out a tech. They do not have techs for this but do cover water softeners per contract. My technician arrived and contacted them. He recommended replacement of the unit. This is where things got very bad. They kept him on hold for 45 minutes coming back periodically to ask him what I may have done wrong to cause the unit to fail! He assured them it was a mechanical failure only to have them deny the claim. I contested the denial. Now a very rude person tells me the claim is being denied because my warranty is new. I explain that regardless of length of time paying on the warranty, it is indeed in effect. So now she tells me I should have known that the unit was going out.....? I should have noticed changes in my water before it failed??? She even suggested I should check my home water softener daily??? I am not skilled in appliance function or maintenance. Hence why I purchased a warranty. Also any maintenance I would attempt would void my warranty! Funny thing is when I purchased the warranty they covered the washing machine that I had called to schedule service for if I bought the warranty that day! I am currently 3 weeks waiting for someone to contact me about me complaint. I would not suggest purchasing the whole home warranty unless you just enjoy being lied to, treated rudely and scammed.

Z Underwood
February 28th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS

The one star is for the technicians sent (eventually) for our three claims, who were good. Otherwise it would be zero. I have filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's Office about the promised payment for a replacement refrigerator. First, it was 5 to 7 days, them 4 to 10 days. When the check had not arrived after 14 days, it would be 48 hours after that, then 14 business (not calendar) days after that

SONIA P DEBOSE
February 27th, 2019 Spring, TX DETAILS

My name is Sonia DeBose, I was a Sears home warranty owner for two properties when Sears began offering this service. I was sending this email as a grievance. I am overly dissatisfied with the service I have received from the warranty company. I own all Kenmore Elite appliances and I take pride in maintaining their upkeep. I’m a degreed professional and I pride myself on hard work. With the hard work comes rewards. My rewards are luxurious living and lifestyle. I was solicited from my previous home warranty company with the promise of gilts and glam from a deeply rooted company ( Sears). However, this was not and has not been the case. My refrigerator stopped cooling in November before Thanksgiving. I contacted Sears who came out and attempted to fix my Kenmore Elite French door refrigerator. After numerous attempts as well as several parts, they were unable to resolve the issue. I was then told that I could have it replaced or settle for a cash buy out. I didn’t want money so I said I wanted a replacement. An email was sent to me stating what Sears was wanting to do. They wanted me to accept a $1600.00 refrigerator without the luxury that I previously had or take $1543.99 cash on a refrigerator that cost $2900.00 plus tax and be okay with that. Needless to say I’m not. It’s like driving a Mercedes Benz (which I do drive) having it totally insured and when something happens to it, I should be happy with them giving me a Ford Focus. I have spoken to any and everyone following the chain of command for assistance to no avail. No one is valuing me as a loyal customer. My concerns have fell on deaf ears. Because of this I am canceling my 2 service agreements and I will never use Sears again. I’m sure those who read this can care less because you feel it just 2 accounts. But know this, I plan to go to every website possible and voice my complaint. I will start with the BBB and work my way down. I will definitely never ever refer anyone to Sears. All of my friends, associates and people on social media will be informed on how I was treated by Sears and their shifty home warranty program. Sincerely yours Sonia

Cindy Hill
February 26th, 2019 Columbus, MS DETAILS

I waited 3 months for a repair on my washer. First a refurbished part was put on then it failed then they sent another refurbished part which I said no. I went on Twitter and thought the customer relations was helping. They didn’t so I cancelled and am demanding a refund. Totally not the Sears it was many years ago. Don’t be fooled after they sell the policy then you are put with Cross Country that handles most calls from the Philapines . All they can do is read off of a list and lie.. I am beyond livid and will not stop until I get satisfaction!!

JB
February 21st, 2019 Columbia, MD DETAILS

DO NOT USE! It has taken 3 service calls on one repair for my washer because of technician incompetence. First tech did not understand all the parts needed to fix the problem. Second tech did not know he was supposed to install the parts that came. In between they cancelled my service repair without telling me why. On another job, didn’t get a follow up from an outside tech(because they only work on certain brands)for over two weeks. Had to call to find out that the parts are still back ordered. Still haven’t heard from him. Even though parts arrive in 3-5 days, you must wait 3-4 weeks to actually schedule your repair. Every call takes 3 transfers to talk to the right person. The phone prompts are ridiculous. You will be on the phone guaranteed 15-20 minutes no matter what you’re calling about. I requested some type of credit or compensation from both a supervisor and then a case manager for my wasted time, effort and continually time off of work. They both refused to take care of my situations in any way. There’s a reason they have a 1 star rating. There’s also a reason they allow you to cancel your subscription. They probably have to in order to avoid lawsuits.

PW in New Jersey
February 20th, 2019 Rockaway, NJ DETAILS

DO NOT waste your money! Still waiting to replace a frig that could not be repaired. Lost Tech notes and since I did not renew contract they could not help in ANY way. Record your interactions with them since they will not make good on what they are selling. Will need to report to Better Business Bureau, ughh! I paid over $660 for nothing. Supervisor could not even assist.

erma king
February 19th, 2019 Tallmadge, OH DETAILS

I have been without a fridge for 20 days and have had 4 techs out. they know what is supposedly wrong but will not respond to phone calls to get it fixed. we are suppose to be on a medical alert since we are over 79 and 80 years. THEY DONT CARE. I HAVE 20 DAYS OF PAPER WORK. I kept records and names just lost count of the times I was transferred and also hung up on. Once I was on hold for 60mins and 14 secs and was disconnected. I am looking to find a government agency to asst. us or take all my records to an attorney. We have medicine that needs to be kept cold. Need help really bad.

Carl C.
February 19th, 2019 Brockton, MA DETAILS

Sears Home Warranty is a scam, they will make it so difficult to get a replacement or item fixed an try to find anything that they can to get away with your money. They did the same when my Dishwasher broke and a friend of mine had a refrigerator broken they only gave him 500$ for a 3500$ fridge that is insane. In the case of my dishwaser, they just let me know right of the bat the it is not covered and keep repeating the same thing on the phone over and over even if it is. customer service is bad, Can't imagine they are still in business. save your money and by the time something broke in your house you will save enough to either fix it of buy another one; Or just get other warranty. SEARs HOME WARRANTY IS THE WORST WARRANTY in the Country.

AJH3
February 14th, 2019 DETAILS

A big ZERO rating would be best suited for the Sears home Warranty provided by HomeSure Services. Our washer broke and it took over a month to get it repaired...something that should have been a one-visit trip by any well-managed company. Then, in early September of 2018, we requested our annual HVAC tuneup. Initially they setup an appointment for an HVAC company about 1/2 hour away to come the next day. But then they cancelled that call and assigned another HVAC company (265 MILES AWAY) to do the work. Of course they never showed up and, when questioned about getting a LOCAL firm, the warranty company clammed up and has not been back in touch with us. Like who in tehir right mind sends a repair company from 265-MILES away to tuneup an HVAC system when there are reputable ones locally within minuted?? We also requested our septic to be pumped and they decided to setup that appointment with the same repair company 265-MILES away! Of course that company isn't even listed to do septic tank pumping, and why must it be a company 265 MILES away? Well, we have contacted HomeSure Services by phone (have fun working with their off-shore Phillipine-based customer call center) and by certified mail to get our work done. They have yet to contact us by phone, email or mail! We have since filed a complaint with our credit card issuer to stop the monthly payments for this WORTHLESS WARRANTY. Of course, HomeSure Warranty is protesting - after all, all they want is the monthly premiums, they do not want to adhere to the warranty they sold! We have also had local firms do the work at our expense since we could no longer wait for HomeSure Warranty to work with us as they should have in the first place. BEWARE OF THIS WARRANTY and THIS WARRANTY COMPANY. IF YOU DO BUY THIS WARRANTY, CHECK OUT THE REVIEWS ON THEM AND THE SERVICE COMPANIES THEY TRY SENDING TO YOU TO DO WORK!!! This is definitely not the SEARS type service of old by any stretch of the imagination. Everything about this warranty is B-A-D. Save your money and select a different, less greedy and respected warranty company for certain!

bgfree
February 14th, 2019 Santa Clarita, CA DETAILS

Sales pitch was fraudulent. Cancelled appointment 3 times. Couldn't fix the problem, charged trip charge anyway. Horrible, the worst, stuck for a year.

Joanne Matteri
February 14th, 2019 Patterson, CA DETAILS

The warranty claims dept lies every time you speak with someone. I had a claim on 11/7/18 to repair double ovens. They were working until they died 12/24/18. Unable to cook Xmas Eve and day dinners. I had to start a new claim. I was told I would get new ovens or check. I opted for check. They have yet to mail it. DO NOT USE THIS WARRANTY COMPANY. SEARS NEEDS TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

Carlos Maynard
February 14th, 2019 Spring, TX DETAILS

My recommendation to you, do not purchase Home Warranty from Sears, find someone else. No one at Sears showed any kind of concern regarding the status of my claim. Before going on with the story, here are a couple of things to keep in mind: 1. ON EVERY CALL, Sears couldn't find my account by phone number, I had to give them my address, sometimes my service request number, sometimes the contract numbers... each one worked at different times, and on one of the calls neither worked. I don't even know what to think about this. On Saturday, after 5 days, they apparently fixed it for real. 2. On every call, I made emphasis on the fact that me and my family are having to take cold showers everyday in TX cold weather. I also have family visiting this weekend so I need this replaced ASAP. On 01/04: Water heater stops working, I called Sears Warranty Services and opened a claim. I am told to contact the service provider (K&G Services) to get a time slot for a visit. I called K&G Services, I'm asked to dial 1 for Houston, 2 for Corpus, I dial 1 (I'm in Houston). I get a voicemail. I leave a voicemail. After a few hours, there is no call back, so I called again and again I get a voicemail. On 01/05: I called K&G and again, exact same thing: voicemail. I may have left another voicemail. Later that I day, I find an email from K&G from the night before saying they can't get a hold of me. Through email I give them my number, and they call me. Because we didn't connect the day before, the best they can do is send someone the next day 01/10. I'm not happy about this, but so be it. Oh the best part is the lady explained to me that if I had dialed 2 (for Corpus) I would have gotten her instead of voicemail. Make your own conclusions. On 01/06: The visit window was 11am-3pm. I stayed home from work. The window came and went, no one showed up. At around 3:30pm I get a call from the technician that he is 15 minutes away. He did show up, inspected the unit, recommended a replacement. He says I will have about $600 worth of out of pocket expenses, not at all what I was expecting. He claims that he will put in the report with Sears within the hour. He will call me to let me know it was submitted. 2 or 3 hours later there is no call to let me know, I reached out to Sears, they don't have the report. I called K&G dispatch, and they say the report was submitted and they send me a bill via email for the out of pocket expenses, $800 dollars. I hang up and call Sears, and once again I'm told they are waiting for the report. On 01/07, I called Sears and there is no change, they are waiting for the report from K&G. I called K&G, they claim the report was sent and they are waiting for approval. I call Sears and I try to get an explanation as to why am I having to chase both Sears and K&G, trying to get them to connect... It was like talking to a wall, I simply heard over and over, we haven't received the report, we emailed K&G, we left a voicemail, etc. 01/08 There is no change, Sears is still waiting for the report. I ask to talk to a Supervisor and I'm told one will call me. I called Sears multiple times... spoke to multiple people, 2 of them hung up on me, I guess as decent and polite as I was, I was too direct? The day went away and I never got the promised call from a supervisor. 01/09, Saturday: Called Sears and there was no change, I told the story a couple of times but my focus was really get my situation escalated, after insisting quite a bit, I was finally transferred to a supervisor. He seems to understand the gravity of the situation and shows some concern but basically tells me to wait until Monday, if I don't hear back from them by Noon, call again. Apparently they can't take charge regardless of how dire a service call has become. I have to initiate every call? 01/10 Sunday, nothing to do. 01/11 Monday... No one reaches out to me, at around 2pm I called Sears and NOTHING AT ALL has changed. Oh, they told me about how I was asking questions regarding the out of pocket costs, which I did ask ONCE when I talked to them the first time, but they completely ignored the real much bigger problem, which I drilled every call, every day since Wednesday: that after almost a week they are still chasing their tails with K&G Services on where the report is, and there is no telling how long this will continue for. After talking to 3 or 4 agents and getting hung up twice, someone takes my contact information and says I will get a call from a manager soon. 01/12 Tuesday, The manager called me. She basically repeated the same same everyone under her said so far: They are waiting for the report from K&G. She adds that once they get the report they will review and make a decision, if approved, there will be a 3-5 business delivery window for the unit, and then I will talk to K&G about installing it, etc. She also clarified that they got a "partial" report from K&G the night before. They need the full report that includes the out of pocket expenses before reviewing my claim (... so no real progress?). I specifically asked her if after hearing my story, is this how Sears handles Warranty calls? Her answer was simply, the events fall within what Sears has outlined for a service call... so yes. She kept on asking me if I had any other questions, seemed in a hurry to hang up. Then I asked, if I cancel my service now, will I get all of my money back, given the fact that the warranty doesn't meet reasonable expectations. She simply offered to transfer me to whoever handles memberships. The next lady simply ignored my question regarding getting my money back, she gave me a cancellation number, after repeating myself about 3 times, she opened a claim regarding getting the money back. I'm not holding my breath. Conclusion: I had a pretty amazing experience with Sears in the past when I purchased warranty coverage for a Fridge, they were very attentive, always came when they said they would, I didn't have any communication issues and at some point after 3 attempts to fix an issue on the fridge, they replaced the unit. This is why I decided to purchase the home warranty, it was more money, but covered most important stuff. Needless to say things were not what I expected. To me the worst part is the fact that no one at sears (Or K&G) ever showed any real concern, or seemed willing to do anything to escalate the situation to bring it to resolution... all I heard from all parties was literally the same, they apologized and proceeded to tell me I had to wait. Not having a water heater in the winter is bad as it is. Not being able to reach the service provider at the number they provide is bad. Dealing with Sears saying K&G hasn't provided the report, and K&G saying they sent it already, and going back and forth between the two is bad. But the worst part is dealing with Sears CSRs, talking as if everything is fine and dandy. Apologizing but not doing anything at all. Not escalating the issue. Not committing to anything. Just giving the same answer 100 times = We are waiting for the report and there is nothing we can do about it. I could not believe the attitude the manager had today. I mean, within reason I was expecting to see a more hands on approach, a commitment to bring this to a resolution soon. I didn't want (or care) for anyone to apologize. I wanted for someone to open their eyes and see how poorly this whole thing was being handled, and to do something to fix it.

rosanna Hope
February 12th, 2019 Miami Beach, FL DETAILS

This is the biggest scam rip off and service people were the worst they could choose., totally not knowledgeable! It is impossible to get them to pick up the line if you want to cancel and they do not cover high end appliances even thought they tell they do. Read the small print before signing if you have high end. They did not fix one of my appliances in the year and I had 5 complaints. they sent a service man that told me they could not fix and charged me for the service because told me not covered and they did not fix and left with over $700 and will not pick up the phone. Please save yourself a lot of aggravation and do not choose the Sears Home Warranty programs of any kind. It is the biggest scam. I am ashamed of myself for falling for this! It is impossible to cancel now as they will not pick up the phone and I have been on phone for over one hour at 3 occasions!

Lilian Blanchard
February 11th, 2019 Kirkland, WA DETAILS

I would have given this company a zero but the lowest is 1. I have had 3 different technicians with 3 different diagnosis. Each one unable to fix the problem. The last one initially tried to charge me the deductible until I reminded him that this is a recall not a new service. Then he claims too much suds, which I pointed out that that was from the last load which did not drain. He then claimed I did not have an airgap which I pointed out to him. Then he claimed that the problem is the sink, which perplexed me as I have been washing dishes and pots and pans without a problem. Totally ignoring the fact that I have a secondary sink in the island which also does not have a drain issue. He refuses to continue until I fix the sink. The dishwasher stops working early about 10-15 mins into the cycle, when it does not require to drain. Their technicians does not want to admit that they cannot fix it. I have taken time off from work 3 times and this has costs me a lot of money. Their customer service reps gives you the run about when you ask to speak to the supervisor finally telling me that a supervisor will call back and of course nobody does. BEWARE! IT IS MY OPINION THAT THIS COMPANY IS IN FOR THE MONEY AND YOU WILL NOT GET THE SERVICE YOU PAID FOR AND THEY WILL STRING YOU ALONG SO THAT YOUR REQUEST FOR A REFUND IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Carol in Iowa City
February 11th, 2019 Coralville, IA DETAILS

Terrible, terrible, terrible. NEVER sign their contract -- there are lots of good home warranty programs out there. Two out of three of my interactions have been awful. It took days for them to find a contractor to fix issues they labeled "emergency." If water is leaking through your floors causing thousands of dollars in damage, they don't care. They just won't have anyone available to look at it for days, and if you call again they have no idea how long it might take. So, you want to call a contractor yourself to avoid water damage, right? Nope, SearsWarranty won't tell you who their contractors are and won't cover the fix or repair.

Patty
February 6th, 2019 DETAILS

NEVER purchase a Sears Home Warranty Plan! It's one of those "Its too good to be true" stories. I was conned and lied to about purchasing this warranty and was told I could cancel anytime. I paid to activate the plan on 1/19/18 and on 11/23 they sent out a technician who ordered parts. 5 more service calls and one didn't show (and I was told he was on the way), and more parts ordered and on 1/ 7/ 2019 Sears sent a different service tech. , the previous tech Christina was very knowledgeable , and professional but John had a bad attitude and I even had to tell him why he was here. After forgetting to hook up the water line it wouldn't start, my husband said he probably just shorted it out but he didn't agree so ordered more parts . 3 days later after it dried out I tried it and it worked but couldn't use it because he didn't put it back together, he left parts in 2 rooms, and the door wouldn't shut properly after he took it off. Called customer support again, and most of the time couldn't understand who I was talking to, and after over an hour on the phone, and about 5 transfers, no one would schedule someone to come because he had ordered parts again and said had to wait for parts, even though I said it would now start. I contacted Christina myself and she put me on her route to come back the next day and put it back together. I was so upset with Sears and their attitude that today I decided to cancel this contract and when I tried to they said I would have to pay for all repairs and cost or pay $49.99 for the remainder of my contract. I found out one of the main problems was the heater burnt out ( whichwas on a recall) and should never have been sold with that heater and the stainless tub on the dishwasher had tiny pin holes in it. Just pay for the repair and NEVER let them sell you a home warranty! No wonder they are going bankrupt.

jennifer stetler
February 6th, 2019 Lancaster, PA DETAILS

Absolutely horrible.. waiting over 3 months for a repair.

Cynthia Pruitt
February 4th, 2019 Homer, IL DETAILS

Absolutely NOT worth it. A big rip off. I have been paying on this plan for 17 months and went to cancel it and they wish to charge me a $95 cancellation fee. Your advertisement states it may be cancelled after a year. Also, contract says that after 3 visits and the unit is not fixed, you may request a new one. We kept requesting and they kept denying. I had to pay for 6 visits where they didn't fix my water softener and finally gave up and bought one one my own. I paid for a visit on my dishwasher and they didn't fix it and told me there was nothing wrong with it so my husband tore it apart and fixed it. I had a problem with my washer and my refrigerator and they were going to charge me two separate $80 visit fees even though it was one visit so my husband fixed the refrigerator. They will only provide an 8 hour window for their visit so I have to take an entire day off work instead of the typical 1/2 day most people give you. PEOPLE - DO NOT DO THIS. Put your $50 monthly fee in an account and use it to pay for your appliance repairs.

Jason
January 31st, 2019 Greer, SC DETAILS

We have a washer that needs repairing. Sears has failed to show up four appointments in a row. They call after the window is over for the appointment with one lame excuse after another (it’s snowing and the technician can’t come is my favorite on a 60 degree day in the south). My wife and I have spent many hours waiting for a technician to come but none have shown up. Still waiting. Two months in.

Ken LaFleur
January 31st, 2019 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

I loved Sears and their warranties for over 30 years until yesterday. I had the full house warranty that was expiring on Jan 31. Just called to renew and was informed that the HVAC coverage is no longer offered along with other coverages. I just bought new kenmore washer and dryer because of loyalty. No longer a fan of sears. Sorry but run away.

Jay
January 31st, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

If there was an option for .5 stars they'd get it. My AC has been out for months and they still haven't gotten it fixed. I bought this AC from Sears 5 1\2 yrs ago and it's basically been done since July with no repair in sight from these folks. I will never buy another product from them...... Oh wait..... They're going under, can't imagine why.... And don't get me started on there useless c Customer Service Department, most horrible that I have ever dealt with............😠😠😤😤

Hassan HassabElnaby
January 30th, 2019 Sylvania, OH DETAILS

My sump pump was broken five weeks ago. I contacted the customer service and was told that they do not have providers in my city. I was instructed to find a plumber and send the estimate to the customer service for approval. I sent them the estimate and was rejected by the approval department. I was asked to find another plumber and submit a new estimate, which I did. The new estimate was significantly lower than the first one. I was told that the approval department would contact the plumber; it never happens. I called over and over to resolve this issue with no luck. This not the only time when this happen.

Jean
January 30th, 2019 Kingstree, SC DETAILS

I took out a Sears Home Warranty on June 2018 on my Refrigerator. The tect came out and fixed it, Jan 2019 the same thing the sensor went out again. I called Sears and was told I still have to pay $75.00 when the tect comes out. I was told the warranty on the part was only 60 days. I pay $50.00 a month for their warranty and now they want $75.00 to fix the same thing they replaced in June 2018? When pigs fly!!!! When my contract expires, it will be good riddance!!

Geoff Weber
January 29th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

Very slow to get to live customer service. Long delay to get technician to the home. Unable to cancel service once discovered.

Michael Fowler
January 29th, 2019 Palm Beach Gardens, FL DETAILS

Hotel California I’ve been trying for over a week with 7 different calls and 12 emails to cancel my policy for poor service.

Vanessa E Morgan
January 24th, 2019 Winter Springs, FL DETAILS

I opened a claim with Sears on 12/30/2018, my appointment was set on Tuesday, January 1, 2019. Gary from First Choice Pool Care did arrive on that day and inspected the pool pump which was going out. He decided that I needed to have a new one installed. He came out on January 3rd and started on the process of replacing the pool pump when I came home from work that day the new pool pump was sitting there but it was not connected to the PVC piping. I texted Gary on January 4th to find out what was going on and if he would be back to finish it that day and he said he "Yes we had a couple of snags. It will be this afternoon." He never showed I texted him again when I got home from work and he said, "Hi Vanessa I'm sorry we had some snags with then install installation and need to adjust the piping. I will try to get there today or tomorrow." Once again, he never showed. I continued to text Gary from January 8th until January 18th to see when he would be by to finish the job and never received a response until I told him I called the Sears Home Warranty rep (which I really did) to let them know that he has not responded to me via call and or text for over 10 DAYS! The Sears Home Warranty rep said they could not do anything to help me with the situation since the job was assigned to him. They said they would "continue to reach out to him" but they would not reassign this job to anyone else. I asked, "what if this continues for months, am I just going to sit here and wait?" They said they would reassess that at a later time. Just a bunch of BS if you ask me! Luckily Gary did respond after I told I called the rep and showed up on Tuesday to finish the job. Now that my pool has sat 22 days without the pump running, the chemicals being balanced, etc; I will have to hire someone to come and fix the chemistry balance since my pool is green and full of debris. Gary didn't even offer to clean it, even though this entire situation was his fault and YOURS for allowing him to do that. I even called another pool company to see if they knew of his company and they said they had a lot of customers that he worked with call and complain about him not coming back out to complete projects as well as fixing faulty repairs that he has made. If this is the way you all do business, I do not plan to renew my contract with you all and I think I should receive my $100 back for the initial payment.

Roger Gerstenberg
January 24th, 2019 Shelby, NC DETAILS

I don't understand all the negative comments regarding Sears Home Warranty, guess I'm a lucky one. I have a policy for two years with several service calls and with the exception of a non covered part on a washing machine that I disagreed with, their service and repairs have been fine. They are pricey compared with others, however, take into consideration the spring air conditioner and fall heat pump checkups that are included in the contract, they are not out ol line. We play by the rules, and have ( to date ) have no problems. The plus for us, they do not have a age limit on covered items.

DWallace
January 24th, 2019 Rolling Fork, MS DETAILS

My range went out the 2nd week in Dec. I made an arrangement for Sears home repair. The technician arrives about a week later. I was told the part had to be ordered ( don’t know what happen to parts on the truck after telling them what the problem was). I was told the parts was going to be delivered to my house. The parts were delivered and I called Sears to setup an appointment for the repair. I was given Jan 18th, it was changed to Jan 14th; Jan 28th and now Feb 11th. I’m wondering if they will change that date as well! I called customer service only to be transferred from one rep to another. I was on hold for 20-25 minutes only to be told there is nothing they can do. Services are TERRIBLE!!!!!!! I can clearly understand why Sears are closing # disgusted

Rafael
January 23rd, 2019 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS

I just purchased a home, and the heat went out, so it's 50 degrees in here. I attempted to make a claim, and they said my coverage didn't start yet, and that they'll consider it a preexisting condition that they won't cover. The previous owner had coverage, that would've filled the "gap" but sears won't cover that either. Their customer service is a jumble of redirection and extensive hold times, and then I've been hung up on twice. Like any insurance company, they'll find what ever way they can NOT to pay. I see now why sears is going out of business, and I say good riddance.

Victoria
January 23rd, 2019 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! If I could give one star I would. My refrigerator broke down and 30 days later and two missed appointments with out notification and Sears refuses to make it right. I spoken to 5 managers and all of them say they don't know what happened and just re-schedule. One part was on back order for three weeks with no ETA on when they would have it. Come to find out the technician knew when he placed the order that the part was not available. After 4 people and several hours they finally out sourced the part. I set up another appointment and they cancelled with no notice. Then refused to send a tech out and honor the appointment. Told me I could take $257.72 to purchase a new refrigerator or wait for a new appointment. I'm looking into legal action now. Don't go with this company. They are awful! All they want to do is scam you for the monthly premium and detectable.

jack
January 22nd, 2019 Patterson, CA DETAILS

It is nightmarish just to think about Sears Home Warranty. They failed every aspect of what they promised to offer. They signed me up for an automatic renewal when the agreement was for one year, and kept me on the phone for hours without someone correcting it. It is a total ripoff that deserves a class action!

mk
January 18th, 2019 East Rockaway, NY DETAILS

I took out a warranty with sears which I pay monthly for have their technician come twice to my home and both times they come out the find a reason not to fix my appliance. technician that was sent came from Total Appliance Solutions

Dave
January 18th, 2019 Henderson, NV DETAILS

DO NOT use Sears Home Warranty services! I am currently with them and they are an absolute nightmare to deal with in getting anything fixed. First guy they sent out didn't fix our appliance. NOW, trying to get them to send out a second tech to look at it and getting nothing but a run around. IF you use Sears, be prepared to spend hours on hold, transferred to about 6 different people, and still no resolution. That has been my experience with them, as I sit here on hold with them again, going into the second hour of being on hold today. I am so fed up with their absolute most lousy customer service of any company that I have ever had to deal with.

Sarkis O.
January 17th, 2019 Glendale, CA DETAILS

I had an AC problem at my home, and contacted Sears Home Warranty which I had been paying for over 2 years, without any claims. From the get go the experience was horrible. After 7 months, the issue is still not resolved, and outside of a nominal amount, they have refused to pay anything. If I went through them, I would save less than 10% of the overall cost of replacing my AC! I will definitely cancel my service! my advice, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY NOR YOUR TIME by buying warranty from Sears!

Michelle Citko
January 16th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

This warranty is terrible. They been out 5 different times to fix my leaking dishwasher and it still keeps leaking after every service repair. They wanna keep sending a technician out to try to repair instead of just replacing it. Total waste of money and such an inconvenience. Would not recommend this warranty to anyone.

Justin
January 16th, 2019 Buda, TX DETAILS

Was with them for 1.5 years. Dryer went out and it took 1 week for tech to show, then another week for him to come back to put the part in. The part arrived at my house before the tech came back and I installed the part and fixed the dryer myself. I called to complain about a lack of technicians and service and wanted to cancel our warranty. CSR told me that we renewed our warranty after the first 12 months and I said we never signed another contract just paid month to month. I said you can’t honestly service folks in this manner and expect people to stay. There is no timeline on repairs and they can take as long as they want at your expense. They said they wouldn’t let us out of our contract (that we never signed for the second year they just autoenrolled us) and to cancel we would have to pay $168 for remainder of the term. I said do what you have to. CSR “understood” me but in the end could care less just wanted to argue for the warranty program that he knows did not service us adequately. We spent 2 weeks doing laundry at the neighbor’s house and at the laundromat. They do not have enough techs to service their program and the warranty process fees like it is set up in a way to make you throw your hands up and call someone else on your own dime. Don’t have reasonable expectations of service if you get a Sears Home Warranty Plan. You will only be let down. Terrible customer service too. The technician was nice.

Lisa Lee
January 15th, 2019 Gladstone, OR DETAILS

I been on hold everyday on my lunch trying to cancel this warranty. I bought a brand new refrigerator in September and it is a defect it has not been working since Dec 14th we went through Christmas and new years and the part which is the main brain of the refrigerator is on back order. i have had to buy a used one since and put it outside did they think we were suppose to live out of coolers all this time? I have a mom and aunty with Alzheimers I would like to get everyone together and form a CLASS ACTION SUIT this unacceptable I cant find anyone to cancel my warranty 0 STARS!!

Byron H.
January 15th, 2019 Ashburn, VA DETAILS

I have been waiting over 2 months for a repair of an GE Cooktop burner. in 1 week I was told by sears that the part I need is no longer manufactured. I have been waiting 2 months for Sears to come and replace my cooktop. They have been delaying service and giving me the run around each time I call. Sears Service is horrendous. I would not recommend anyone to purchase any services from them.

Kevin R Anderson
January 15th, 2019 Gallion, AL DETAILS

I called them December 5th 2018 my coils on my HVAC were freezing up and today is Jan 15th need I say more as of today no results.

Bill
January 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Very expensive and deceptive. Had Sears warranty service for two years and always a condition when you place a service call. Repair people never had parts on hand to fix my refrigerator and dishwasher. so repair would take at least two visits and usually a time frame of two weeks. Then they would want to charge you on the spot for 75.00 dollar deductible even when the repair was not complete. Thereafter the appliance breaking a second or third time within a month they would want to charge deductible again within a month time frame. Totally deceptive and bad business. Do your research for better home warranty company. There are more affordable and honorable ones

Jw
January 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Worse experience yet! Frig not cooling. Called. The came out and said that the coil was dirty and cleaned it, not part of the warranty charged $107.00. Next day not cooling, called again, Tech said either motor, dryer, or compressor, ordered parts. Days later parts arrived and Tech came again. Wrong parts - 2 compressors. Took one compressor back, not sure where to. Called again to check and no parts were ordered but Tech scheduled to come again. called again and no record of parts ordered. Called again an told Tech would need to come out to get part number. Total 5 service calls, lost $300 in food, and still not fixed. Have been paying $49.99 for over three years. Now wonder Sears has gone bankrupt!!!! When you call you talk to the Philippines not in the US.