Liberty Home Guard Logo

Liberty Home Guard

7.1

mason gomberg Tarrytown, NY

RUN DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. Have not had one repair handled correctly. Some technicians never called or came, others came and diagnosed the problem but the company would not ok the repair and only offered 1/10th of a replacement value to get a new appliance ($150.00 for a gas oven which costs $1500 plus installation),had a technician repair a microwave incorrectly and company said too bad should have taken the "replacement" money (1/5 of a new unit), nor would not repair a leaking shower faucet! They said units were too old and only gave pennies for a replacement. This company is a fraud. If you have brand new appliances may be better. More horror stories but don't have the time

Dipal Shah Milltown, NJ

If you can read a story. but briefly is looks like they don't use certified people. their employee keep changing or give resignation. you have to deal with different different people with one problem. no one reply you back or call you soon. once problem diagnosed. I had very bad bad experience with them both the time. so going to cancel the policy. They told me when i signed their warranty that they will only cut the premium till todays date. lets see and i will update over here. So, here is the detail. We have some toilet clog issue going on. they sent one person who actually made my toilet flooded instead repair. so water gust through from my second floor to first to basement. so we wanted them to fix the all ceiling. first they said no we can't its not in out policy and the person they sent they actually stopped the working with them. so they send other person to fix the toilet. he came he saw the toilet and said I cant fix it. so they sent third person to fix it. so finally we fixed out toilet. now we fight for ceiling repair and they fix that too after two to three months of back and force fighting. bz all the time their employee change so i have to explain from 0 to each and every employee of liberty. so with this we paid only service fee. now in December we have dish washer problem. so we called them. as always they sent some one in January as i took the appointment in Jan. they told me to change the new one ok. i agree but they are providing me very ugly one so i paid some extra money to updated which I want. than after in feb. they sent me email the machine i wanted they don't have it in stock so i have to select new one. ok, done. they sent someone with the machine which they are going to install and dispose my old one. but the people whom they sent does not know how to install the machine so her is the first thing they sent is non certified people. than I waited till April to sent someone who can install but they did not so i arranged by my self and they sent me credit back for installation. now they refuse to take my old one take away so i have to arrange for that by my self.

PhillyC Secaucus, NJ

Do NOT recommend! HVAC broke, called 3 times last Friday and only got an answering service assuring that I’d receive a call. Did no get a call until Tues. 5/19. Scheduled for someone to assess the damage. They gave him a disconnected number to get in touch with their service. HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET ANYTHING DONE SINCE!!! Have an elderly person there with no AC and it’s 80+ degrees. Asked to speak with supervisor and could only get in touch with their answering service!! This is a terrible service. Supposed to give $1500 for a $7k hvac unit that they say has to be replaced when the servicing company recommended a new compressor. Stay away!!

Kenneth V Allen Hyattsville, MD

Purchased a policy and Liberty, agent was quite helpful.

Don Elliott Anniston, AL

I purchased a 10 year contract for $7000. 3 months after purchase I called to get my washer repaired. After some minor details and issues the repair request was completed. Aaron G from account service, brand management, successfully competed a suitable agreement

Tina Sakkal ,

In all honest i am extremely satisfied with Liberty's Team. I’ve been with them for a couple months now, and they are so helpful and customer friendly. i recommend Liberty to all. Good WorkGuys !!

AMY Nimensky Montville, NJ

As soon as I called Liberty Home Guard to report a broken oven, they responded immediately. The next day my oven was repaired by an extremely professional repairman. Would definitely recommend Liberty Home Guard to everyone!

Robert Damsey Spartanburg, SC

Spoke with Max very Knowledgeble about the problem I was having with the thermostat and explained in great detail why some days in extreme heat and humidity would continue to run until you shut it off manually. This is correct. Thermostat works well Thank him for his courteous reply

Sharone Chusid New York, NY

They’ve been our provider for the past few months. So pleased with their service I referred my parents and they took out a policy as well. Very pleased with the level of service they provide. Thank you!

Tanya Mcdonald Clinton, MD

Alex was very knowledgeable about the home warranty. He wasn’t pushy like some of the other companies. He allowed me to do my own research. I did notice that BBB had grate reviews

Cindy Kunz Eugene, OR

Extremely poor customer service. To ask a question on coverage, I was told I had to file a claim. I was immediately charged $75 and never received an answer to my question. Trying to get a refund for the the charge and trying to cancel my policy. This was a very disappointing experience. I definitely would not recommend them

Paul Collins Jacksonville, FL

Liberty Home has been fantastic. We unfortunately had to use the warranty a few times. The customer service and timeliness has always been on point.

Ivan Luka Upper Marlboro, MD

I was going to leave a 5 star review is because of Mr. Aaron G. who helped me with a claim that originated during the pandemic and took months to resolve regarding issues with my washer dryer unit during the peak of the Corona Virus last year. But after much consideration I decided it would be a grave injustice to other consumers not to share my TERRIBLE experience. As I mentioned, this does not reflect on Mr. G. at all but rather Liberty Home Guard as a company. Don't be fooled by positive reviews as their are companies that will pay you to leave review and others could be employees possibly leaving them. My story: my washer dyer unit broke in the middle of Covid last summer. For 1 month I had to do 1-2 loads of laundry daily because of 2 seniors I am caring for. So I put myself and them at risk having to run out every day to do laundry. I was constantly given the runaround and met with resistance in filing a claim. They finally sent a technician out who identified the problem. He had the part the following day and said he was waiting for LHG approval for the job. I was then contacted by LHG stating they would send another tech out but gave no reason. I called the initial tech and he said he did not understand them and basically stated they wanted him to write up his assessment a "certain" way in order to deny the claim and that he still hadn't been paid for another job which he did over a month ago. I remember once LHG sent me a check to give to a contractor which I shredded in disgust figuring it was not my job to get a check from them to give to contractor that had already been out and the check should have been sent to them directly. Back to the washer dryer issue, the new tech set up an appointment with LHG while I was on the phone for a few days out. I took off from work and waited around most of the day. After an hour past the latest they were supposed to show I called the tech and he said I was not on his schedule. I said that was his fault because I was on the phone with LHG when they scheduled and confirmed. I was so furious I called LHG back and said I wanted a different tech and one to come right away. They referred me to another tech who basically had me try to diagnose the problem on the phone with him prior to even seeing it. At this point I felt enough was enough. I filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau and they replied they valued me as a customer blah blah blah and that they would have upper management reach out and I said I was ok with that. A month passed and that never happened so I filed another complaint with the BBB and this time a manager, Mr. G. did reach out. He had to jump through hoops on his end but finally got what I asked for and helped resolve the matter. However, the same problem came up with my washer leaking several months later and this time LHG denied the claim. I then requested to cancel my contract and they said they could not do it over the phone and I had to email them which I did and they still have not replied as of this moment. I understand people make mistakes and I'm all about second chances. God has given me plenty of second chances in life so I try my best but when you have a company that says they value customer service but their actions don't reflect it, that says enough to me about them. Not to mention they constantly try to get out of paying out claims. I have talked to EVERY single tech that has made service calls to my house since being a customer and EVERY SINGLE ONE, yes, that's right, EVERYONE, has said the same thing, they are the worst company they have dealt with and 2 of them no longer work with them because they have jobs they serviced almost a year ago and have never been paid by LHG. I have been in real estate for over 20 years and worked with just about every home warranty company out there and ask my clients for feedback and speaking from my personal experience, I would NEVER suggest anyone use Liberty Home Guard. In my opinion they are dishonest, and do not value the customer and have terrible customer service.

Jami Van Den Bogaert Ozark, MO

I called to buy 1 policy for 1 rental house and was talked into buying multi year policies for 6 homes to the tune of $1275 billed for 6 months for a total of $7650. The sales rep is super smooth and said I would have my own account rep and that there were no cancellation fees and that service request were always handled right away especially since I was a VIP customer. Fast forward a few months and on two separate service calls there was an enormous wait time followed by the phone being answered by an answering service that said I should expect a call back AFTER 24 hours. It was like 10 am when I called and I asked why After 24 hours and she said that is what they are told to say. The callback never came, called back again to get the same 45 minuted on hold followed by saying that I would receive a callback which again didn't come so I emailed them and finally a few days later got a reply that they would assign a tech but by the time they got that done I already had it resolved. Second claim I submitted on their website to avoid the wait time and watched it sit pending for 2 weeks before I requested to cancel all my policies and get a refund. Long story short they still owe me for the first payment of $1275 I wasn't able to dispute with my card that they are refusing to refund and charged me an additional $1,275 for two moths after I requested cancellation. I also read in another review that they want customers to sign non-disclosure agreements to get refunds hence why they are able to maintain a fake image of being a good company with good reviews. Total scam, run away!

Kelly Denehy Miami, FL

My microwave broke 5 days into my policy. Two days later Liberty had a brand new unit at my house. I couldn't be happier with Liberty Home Guard's service.

Blondell Murray North Charleston, SC

I've been with LHG for some time now and you will not find a better professional group of people, with a sence of ease to help your needs!! Customer for life!!

Charlie Barnett Boca Raton, FL

Liberty Home Guard has done right by me since day 1 by offering me savings that far exceed the price of the policy. It's a no brainer warranting your home with them.

JillJones Mesa, AZ

This is a revised review that I have done after receiving a demand letter from the Liberty Home Guard attorney asking me to remove the review. Instead of removing it completely I have edited it to insure you know that this is only my opinion. The facts remain the same, but I have worded it a little differently. Here goes: I had what I perceived to be a less than pleasant experience in getting a quote a from this company. I called for home warranty information, which they provided along with what I felt were high pressure tactics to get me to sign up immediately. When I told them I still wanted to look around they offered reduced pricing if I would sign up immediately. That raised red flags for me. I was not comfortable signing with a company with what I felt was a bit too aggressive with their sales tactics. Within a half hour of getting off the phone I started to receive phone sales calls that persisted until I called and asked them to stop, which they did. After I posted the original review I received a Demand email from their attorney requesting I take down the review or face further legal action. I am appalled at this. I felt it important that consumers are aware of this so I have adjusted my review.

Liberty Home Guard Logo

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Ms. Jones, Had you simply wrote an honest review from the get-go, you would have never received any sort of communication from anyone representing us. However, since your reviews conveyed patent falsehoods in alleging that we violated federal law, and since your reviews divulged privileged and confidential information, the only way for you to avoid liability was to remove the reviews in their entirety. This was done as a courtesy to you, and nothing more. With regard to your interactions with our sales representatives, immediately after you requested to be removed from our system, your request was honored. Bear in mind that it was you, not us, that initiated contact. You reached out to us, and spoke to a representative of ours--on your own volition--for close to 30 minutes. At this point, it appears as if you are taking pleasure in taking down a business you have barely interacted with, a business that you solicited. Your review does not discuss our product offerings, our value proposition, or even any mistakes made relating to our home warranty service, because you were never in fact a customer of ours. Instead, it addresses the discourse around the illegal content that you posted about our company, and the individuals that we do business with. You admitted in an email to one of our representatives that you did in fact post false information about our business. You then explicitly consented to removing all of your reviews. This is the truth, and your attempt to obscure the context of your review is inappropriate at best. Sincerely, Liberty Home Guard Customer Service

Sep. 3rd, 2019

Marco Olson Austin, TX

They sound nice, but never actually cover anything. Had them for a year - tried three simple claims, and they made some BS excuse each time why they wouldn't cover them.

Tracy Carroll Buford, GA

Had a few appliances repaired by them now, and they have always exceeded expectations. Very responsive and courteous. Thumbs up from us.

Jordan James Wantagh, NY

Liberty Home Guard was able to replace my old fridge in two days. The staff was always patient and courteous in every interaction.

Sam G Great Neck, NY

Amazing service. I’ve had a few home warranty companies and I have to say Liberty Home Guard was by far the most transparent and professional.

Trina Dean

We called about our washer drain to be fixed and they gave us the run around saying our policy covers only $150 of costs for the first 3 months. After 3 months then it would have covered the cost to fix the drain. Not only that, they gave me some vendors numbers to call to see if they could snake the line, the vendors do not associate themselves with home warranty insurance companies, they want you to pay them and get reimbursed by the insurance company. I am really disappointed in this company and definitely will not renew with them next year. Read the fine print!

Sandhya kashi Warren Township, NJ

An update on my previous review - the manager at Liberty Home Guard has resolved our issue. The customer service has been good.

Yasmin Las Vegas, NV

Great service. LHG had a technician by me in under 24hrs. Ron was very helpful in getting my problem resolved. Glad to have them by my side.

Shelba Khours Dallas, TX

Amazing service! Replaced my entire HVAC system within 4 days of submitting a claim and instead of paying $1,000's it was free!

Jennifer smith Brooklyn, NY

I spoke to Adam he was really helpful!!!

Sam Serrano Tulsa, OK

Do not trust this company. They are a scam. Three weeks waiting on a resolution and nothing has being resolved. They promise everything and deliver nothing. Not even their website works. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and The federal trade commission to investigate their practices.

Marcus Brooklyn, NY

Really friendly service whenever I’ve had a question- the one claim I’ve had was paid out quickly with no headaches.

AJ New York, NY

Great customer service. They never turn me away and always work hard to do everything they can to save me money

Phillip Wang Santa Ana, CA

Exceptional service and fast response! Best rates for a home warranty. I am a VERY happy customer!

Bonifacio Seise Staten Island, NY

Had an issue with a repair. Ron B stepped in and was awesome. Problem resolved the same day.

jameshmiller Yukon, OK

They have fulfilled all of my inquiries without hesitation..

David Colquett Jackson, AL

It’s a scam please no one buy this. I spent the $500 and never got a single tech to my house to fix anything. Wast of money.

Cece

Liberty Home Guard offered a good monthly premium so I decided to sign up with them.

Jason Alders Belmar, NJ

Really terrible customer service. They do everything they can to not pay claims. Very long delays.

Allison Wukovits North Charleston, SC

Issue resolved after I reached out to them