Liberty Home Guard

7.1

Liza Day Southfield, MI

We've had 2 claims since we moved into our house last year. Each time Liberty Home Guard has done a fantastic job of getting our problems solved quickly! So glad we bought our total guard plan!

Sebastian Lopez Miami, FL

Although I haven't had many issues with the house, whenever I did have an issue, Liberty Home Guard was there. Always easy to deal with their personnel and very responsive to my needs.

John Jones , MI

Liberty home guard is great. They touched base with me to see if my refrigerator was fixed the day after the repair person came to my home. Nice to see a home warranty company that actually cares.

Valerie Rocke Flushing, NY

Tech was efficient and confident in his work. Leo from Liberty followed up and made sure everything was completed shortly after the tech left. Thank you liberty !

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Valerie, we are so glad that you are happy with our services. Thank you so much for the kind words, we will pass them along to Leo.

Jun. 5th, 2020

Gavin Robinson Houston, TX

Liberty took care of my clogged drain water back up even after only having their coverage for 6 days with no problem. Very grateful I had Liberty Home Guard backing me up.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Gavin, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review and high rating! We try our best to provide our customers with speedy and high quality service. We are looking forward to continuing to providing you with excellent service in all your service and appliance needs.

Jun. 5th, 2020

Lily Bradford Virginia Beach, VA

I had a technician come out recently to unclog a sink drain and repair a small leak. Technically the leak fell outside the lines of coverage but Jonathan responded promptly, made an exception and was very courteous on the phone. He sent me a great technician who repaired everything within 72 hours.

Michael Allford Washington, DC

The technician was friendly and took the time to explain to me the cause of the plumbing problem I had at home. It took him a couple of hours to fix, which I appreciated very much. Excellent and professional service on the part of LHG.

jake m vincent Richardson, TX

we work it out liberty home guard Mr. G At frist it was a big headache Now, they paid the claim ,and I am happy. They agree to reimburt me some of my money on the furance and install 10/20/2020 I am hoping for at least 900 dollars back.

Alan Arthurs Philadelphia, PA

I really appreciate that they offer so many ways to customize each plan, from adding different types of coverage to changing the duration. Thanks to their flexibility, I only have to pay for what I need. Best of all, when something breaks, I know that they always have my back.

Dylan Duncan Dover, DE

Have been with them for some time already. Always talk to Alison, she is super friendly and does her best to help. I had my kitchen faucet replaced recently, I got instant approval and a reimbursement check after I picked what I liked over at Lowes

Russ Shively McKeesport, PA

Have only had the policy for a few months and boy, am I glad I do. Both fridge and a/c decided they were going to give me attitude and stop working... within a few weeks of each other. I think it's a conspiracy among my appliances but what they don't realize is that I made the best decision for a homeowner and that was to go with Liberty Home Warranty. Too bad for them! I did my homework before and absolutely certain that I went with the right company. How many companies do we as consumers deal with that every time you contact them you get a different person? Not so with Liberty. Every time I call, my personal csm answers the phone and knows who I am. That's really good refreshing. Jason is awesome and goes out of his way to make the whole experience as painless as possible. Don't look any further... I've done the research for you. If a company's only con is that they are not nationwide, then that says it all right there. Go with them... you won't be disappointed.

Justin Haig Tallulah, LA

Well worth the investment. LHG takes claims quickly and sends out technical support within a day. Glad to have this option as a first-time homeowner.

Robert Jones Wakefield, RI

We haven't had any negative interactions with Liberty Home Guard. Kay was very attentive and went above and beyond to help me out with my last claim.

Georg Benzinger ,

All I can say is Breach of Contract! First off every time I call I'm on hold for at least 30 minutes. After I bought a policy, I had a dishwasher fail, my policy clearly states 5. Dishwasher a. COVERED: All mechanical components and parts. b. NOT COVERED: Racks; Baskets; Rollers; Hinges; Handles; Doors and door gaskets. The repair person said it needed to be replaced. LHG manager tells me it's not covered because it's a bosch and bosch is premium so they'll do me a "favor" and give me $175 towards a new machine. FYI, there are no brands that are $175 and BTW they sent me a list of replacement machines that included bosch that were $450-$500 (kind of a slap in the face seeing that price point is anything but premium) why wouldn't I get my machine replaced with another equivalent machine like I was promised by Rob S when we went over the contract. And BTW brands were never even brought up or mentioned. Fast forward to today and I'm having a problem with a plumbing fixture. Coverage states; 4. Plumbing a. COVERED: Leaks and breaks of water, drain, or waste lines; Toilet tanks, bowls, mechanisms, and wax ring seals; Shower, tub, diverter, rinse, and gate valves; Built-in bathtub whirlpool motor and pump assemblies; Stoppages/clogs in drain and sewer lines up to 100 feet from access point. Mainline stoppages are only covered if there is an accessible ground level cleanout, and the main line has not collapsed. b. NOT COVERED: Stoppages/clogs that cannot be cleared by cable/snake; Gas lines; Access; Water closets; Cost to locate ground level cleanout; Slab leaks; Polybutylene and Galvanized pipes; Drum traps; Flange; Other fixtures, and cartridges; Baskets and strainers; Popup assemblies; Cracked porcelain; Shower enclosures and base pans; Roman tubs; Bathtub drain mechanisms; Toilet lids and seats; Grouting and tile; Covered Items in Section G.; Pressure regulators and valves; Flood control or check valves; Caulking; Filtration systems; Iron breakers; Water pressure; Holding/storage tanks; Saunas/steam rooms; Camera inspection; Jetting. So right away the representative says, before I have given him any information, that I do not have coverage. I reply but my policy says I do have coverage and I start reading from the policy. Before I can finish my sentence he tells me to read 4b. Basically everything in the shower that is covered in 4a is ruled out in 4b so it's not covered. What a crock! This is bad business, first you tell me that I havent purchased a policy that covers plumbing and then when I establish that I do indeed have plumbing coverage you show me how the contract was written to trick me to beleive I was covered until after a legitimate claim is incurred. First they dont honor any reasonable reimbursement for my legitimate dishwasher claim and now they wont cover a plumbing fixture that is stated as covered in their contract. I am a in Real Estate working for the largest firm in the country. I will never recommend LIBERTY HOME GUARD as a reputable home warranty alternative to any of my clients. Clearly they put profits ahead of service, fairness and legal rights of their subscribers. Updated 1/10/2021; when I spoke with LHG last I had requested to speak with a manager to explain why my claim was not covered. There was no manager available to comment and I am still waiting for a response. I just saw that my credit card was charged $75 at the tim I spoke with the representative. So he tells me my claim is not covered it's not covered and then he charges me for a service fee anyway. I dont get it, now I have to call them back to reverse the charge, another 30 minute wait on hold just to reverse a annoying charge for nothing.

Disgusted Fort Lauderdale, FL

Nothing, I purchased the 3 year plan from Bob, who told me my service fee would be $55, the wrote on my contract $65. When service guy can I was ready to pay my $55 service, He call company and they said no charge, To fine out they went into my bank account and distracted the $65 without permission or warnings, this is unauthorized and considered stealing. Then they informed me that I have to now pay again for the installation of my parts, these people will ripe you off, they never call you back on the service call you call to keep calling them. Scam, save yourself some anxiety and aggrevation. They are Horrible and ripoff artist. Don't trust them..

Edward McLaughlin New York, NY

Our garage door opener went out, and we called for service. The service company came out and fixed the garage door opener one day after the call. Great service.

Henry Reeves Evansville, IN

I had an active leak in my home. LHG had a plumber at my house within an hour. The leak was stopped and fixed in three. LHG and the technician were excellent.

Janet Cummings ,

My situation with Liberty Home Guard Warranty has been resolved to my satisfaction. They have apologized for their "inaction" and talked with the personnel involved. I did, however, ask for a full refund and I should be receiving it soon.

James Smith Groton, CT

I just had a positive experience with these guys. I had a problem with my pool and sump pump, and their reps were able to handle both issues on time for me, hassle-free. Appreciated.

Ronda Backer Atlanta, GA

I’ve been working with these guys for 3 years and it's been nothing but good experiences. I am very satisfied with the work that they do, and the premium prices that they charge are fair.

Kathryn Reed Oklahoma City, OK

Excellent customer service and coverage!

David Motry Caldwell, ID

just signed up. Brad S. was very helpful

Denise Golden Mesa, AZ

Brad S. was informative and helpful regarding plan options. In addition, he offered a veteran plan for us with a flexible payment option that put my husband’s mind at ease. We appreciate that you are u.s based with a quick service call turn around time if we need to use our plan. I read good reviews on your company, and Brad made us feel in good hands.

Cathie League City, TX

Brad was very professional. I signed up today based on the positive reviews.

Mickey Lieberman Overland Park, KS

They deducted the service fee over 1 week before any service was scheduled. Then after several days, they send me an email with the name and number of the plumbing company. I call the plumbing company to find out when they will be here and I am informed by the owner of plumbing company that they DO NOT work with Liberty Home Guard! So I am out 75.00, I called LHG to complain and requested someone call me ASAP. After 3 hours, there has been NO return phone call to address this problem.

Nancy Lakeland, FL

I was skeptical about home warranties after doing a bunch of research. I have to commend Leo on doing a great job on educating me about the industry and Liberty Home Guard's difference. He told me about their project management and wholesale club programs. Right after signing up, Leo transferred me to their procurement department, and Liberty was able to get me a replacement dishwasher and save me $250 off of retail.

Charles Phoenix, AZ

I’m a happy member of liberty home guard for 7 months now. Excellent experience on my first claim. I had an issue with my heating system so I placed a claim and was very surprise by how quickly they respond and the next day I already had my system up and running again. I have experience other options in the past and I must say that the service I received from liberty is by far the best I had ever experience in the past. Thank you liberty home guard. A+ and highly recommended.

Edward Fitzgerald ,

great as expected just wonderful experience staff is very educated and knowledgeable

casa Zion, IL

Terrible never fixed washing machine. They put me on run around. use to answer phone calls. then started putting me toward answering services. putting paper work on hold. never make decisions. keeping delaying decisions. take $80 do no performance. Corrupts liers play games. should not be in bussiness at all. Not professional about this company at all. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie Pitts ,

This is a terrible home warranty company. Rude customer service. A totally waste of money. They refuse to help. They have all sorts of loop holes that basically guarantee they won’t pay out any money. Customer service reps are so disrespectful and talk over you the entirei time. They say they need to call you back and never do. Save yourself time and money and skip the home warranty all together and use that money to replace your own things when the time comes. Seriously, this is a huge scam! After two claims, that I had to pay $80 bucks for each, I still have no resolution.

Stacy Heimlich Rio Rancho, NM

If I could give zero I would. Do not do what they say. Telling me I have to pay for the labor to install a replacement water heater. I’m a real estate broker with many properties which I have always used Fidelity home protection, who are great. They just did not have service in my Idaho small town so I had to go with liberty. The salesman was pushy the reps say they will call you they don’t. It’s been over a week in December with no water heater and family coming next week for Christmas. Zero stars. NOT amazing. I did not put the green box here if it shows up in review.

SunFløwer James , GA

I had a drain leak toilet issue 11/08/2020.i immediately called liberty about the situation they charge me 75.00 even though my original paper work was 60.00 for service charge I was told that was not on my contract what a waste of money.they charge me 75.00 immediately out my account they had a plumber schedule for me when I called the plumber he stated he was not aware of my issue my appointment with him was for that Monday no show called liberty they claim he knew.i got nowhere so they sent the rooter people out 11/12/2020 got happy only 10minutes of him being there due to the sink stopper assembly removed he said that's an easy fix water poured out that Wednesday I just took it out shut water off he comes back and said being that I removed the assembly their not fixing it.i'm very upset this company is very miss leading. I just paid liberty in full for nothing.i would not recommend if you don't have money to waste.

Jessica Murray ,

Good reviews are fake. Do not listen to them. I switched to this company because of the good reviews and what the website said. But they misrepresent themselves big time. My 2011 dishwasher broke and they came out. I pay over $60 a month for the best coverage and it is $80 per house call per broken item. The technician said it was my control board and Liberty home guard took over a week to get back to me to say it was a covered part and they recommend the unit be replaced because of its age. They said they would contribute $150 towards a replacement. I was aghast. In Their website it specifically states several times if a unit is broken and they recommend replacement they will replace it. it does not say ANYWHERE that they will “contribute” to the replacement. If it did I wouldn’t have chosen this company as that is NOT what a home warranty is for. Especially only $150 when it’s an $80 house call fee and over $60 a month. So I tell them “not acceptable” and they say they will call me back. About 5 days later they call me back and offer me $200 to contribute towards a replacement. I tell them under their FAQs on their website is specifically reads that they replace units not “contribute to replacements” they tell me to look in the fine print on my contract and that this is all they can give me. I say “not acceptable” and I’m waiting on my 3rd phone call back and it’s been almost 2 weeks with no dishwasher and I’m supposed to have a premium policy. Doesn’t feel like it. I switched from choice home warranty and they never treated me like this and covered replacements. And it was much cheaper and you could do everything online.

Wesley Houston Franklin Park, IL

Awesome! All my questions were answered on the first call, and they had a plumber come and fix my clog the very next morning. The service was great. Very pleased. Thank you

Beverley Elliott Manassas, VA

Very quick and responsive customer service (special thanks to Karen). We’ve had claims and used our warranty for the hot water tank, and the AC twice. All good experiences.

Unhappy Floral Park, NY

Unfortunately there is nothing lower than 1 star. We started with a working Kenmore dishwasher which needed service because it was not draining completely. The technician sent said we needed a new motor. When the next technician came he had to rig the motor to fit and destroyed the dishwasher-blew out the electric. We ordered a new one through the warranty company, it took 2 months to be delivered-we then had to fight with them to get an electrician in to hook it up properly. When the installer came he hooked up all the plumbing and when he went to test the machine found out there was a large dent in the top and silverware drawer could not pull out. After contacting Liberty Home Guard again we have been getting a run around for another machine. 4 months and still waiting for a working machine! We are kept on hold at least a 1/2 hour or more when we call-all we get are apologies but no SERVICE! We want our money back and are still getting run arounds.

Reply from Liberty Home Guard

Greetings: Your replacement dishwasher is expected to be delivered today between 1-5 p.m.

Oct. 13th, 2020

Matthew Roesner Dallas, TX

Unfulfilled Commitments and Poor Customer Experience. Having moved and purchased five homes, decided to try Liberty Home Guard due to ratings and voiced commitment to customer service. Sadly, I should have stayed with known companies. LHG is a newer company that has long call waits, finally has a new portal and looks for excuses not to service claims rather than meet the terms of the contract. Note that the contract has a limit/cap on reimbursable expenditures for the first three months. This is something that was not covered on the sales call and is hidden in the terms and conditions. Since purchasing the service, there have been three service calls. On two of them, it took escalations to senior management to attempt to get the problem resolved. In both cases, it came down to LHG saying it would cost too much, not that the problem wasn't covered by the terms and conditions in the contract. In the latest, LHG indicated that an electrical issue would require further investigation since the cost is too high and LHG wants the homeowner to pursue other alternatives by hiring or performing investigative work at homeowner's expense, even though LHG accepts the initial diagnosis by its contracted electrician, but just doesn't like the costs. On the second claim, the executive, David, offered some cost deferment and specifically asked me to provide a five star review noting his assistance. He made promises to improve service, cover it with his employees, and continue to better the site and overall experience. Sadly, three months later when LHG had a chance to demonstrate his words with a new claim, actions failed to deliver. In fact, it even got worse. Buyer beware as LHG is not the company it represents to be.

Нarmon Еthan Ellenville, NY

I've had only positive experiences with this company. I've filed claims with them and I've always been satisfied with the outcome. I would definitely recommend them to my friends and family.

Lidan Baruch Great Neck, NY

Libertys staff always answers the phone quickly and deals with my issues with the utmost standards of professionalism. I’d like to especially mention that Kay was very helpful in getting my heater repaired quickly and thoroughly.

Ilana Brooklyn, NY

Liberty Home Guard is a reliable and superb home warranty company. James aided me in choosing the correct plan for my home that included total coverage. He was very helpful and I fully trust this company with anything that my home needs.

John A. Hurst, TX

We are new to the company and my experience with both the warranty side and customer service side has been wonderful. I have worked with Ron B. on a few issues and he has gone above and beyond relative to my issues, including regular follow-up. I have already recommended LHG to my friends and will continue to do so.

Ron Brooklyn, NY

“The day I purchased my policy, Liberty Home Guard touted their ability to save me money on a refrigerator replacement. They literally got me a $8,000 fridge for $6,000. I saved $2,000 even before my policy became effective! They’re an amazing company!”

Stacy Reed St Louis, MO

Please do not use this company there are a scam and take days to service your request even if it’s a emergency. They will leave you on hold purposely for hours so they can prolong the service request.

Jacob Dodson New York, NY

They have some incredible people working here, I respect a company that stands by their word. Very happy that I am able to do work with them.

Christine Cleveland Hendersonville, TN

This is CERTAINLY NOT an amazing business. Very very bad company. DO NOT waste your money or time. I signed up with Liberty Guard a year ago despite the negative warnings I had received from others about them. I took warranties on my home and a rental home. On Jan. 20,2020 I contacted Liberty regarding a plumbing issue on the rental house. They gladly took my $80.00 deductible on the spot and told me a plumber would be contacting me. He didnt. ;Two days later I called Liberty back and they gave me his phone number. I only got answer service and never a response. On Jan. 29, 2020 I still not been able to get service or response and requested my refund back which I had to go around the world and back before they finally agreed to refund my deductible back. On June 25 , 2020 I contacted Liberty Guard for a duct that was torn in my crawl space. They told me my policy had been canceled but ironically they were still taking automatic drafts from my bank account. After they fixed that I filed a claim for someone to come out to assess duct. I re-lived the same experience in my attempt to file 6 months earlier. No one came and although I made repeated calls to Liberty they said all contractors were busy. On my own I looked up one contractor....they were out to assess my duct in 3 hours that same day. He said problem was from wear an tear that he found a little water probably from condensation. My house is 19 years old. I called Liberty and asked would they cover it. We talked 3 way with company tech and Liberty said they would get back with me. Said they had to meet with the committee. In the meantime the company ordered the materials they needed to fix duct and had it repaired 3 days later. The company had to be paid. Who paid for it? Liberty who I have duct coverage with refused to pay. So I had to pay for it. I canceled my policy on the spot--asked for my deductible refund back plus my prorated refund because they had just taken automatic monthly deposit from my account. I only received the $80.00 deductible back and rightfully should have since I had to find my own contractor. No pro-rated refund. This has been my experience with Liberty along with several others. Reviews can be good or bad but word of mouth speaks stronger. If you are looking for a reliable home warranty business I sincerely hope you would look elsewhere because this is not the one.

Stephanie Coates -DPSCS- Baltimore, MD

This is my first and only time to use this company. I had a 1 year contract on a new home that I purchased which happened to encounter some issues. In Baltimore Maryland, this company must not have a good contractor resource pool because it has taken up to 4 weekdays for a contractor to connect with me even long if going into the weekend. I had plumbing issues and ac issues when it was over 100 degree. They promised that I would be placed as a level 1 priority however, I put claim in on an early morning on Wed and haven't been contacted until Tuesday of the following week. I had to request my service fee refund twice because I just had to hire someone to come and address issues. I gave them a complaint about the poor service of connecting with a contractor but I guess those departments are not impacted so it wasn't taken with care of a valued customer. I will never renew with them and I want others in the Baltimore region to know that if you consider this company then be prepared to be disappointed with the contractors' response time or the contractor themselve. I would go into it about the contractor... I will say one was pretty good but didn't know how to fix my toilet issue which ended up being that the line was starting to back up and another contractor just wasn't responsive with time of arrival. It took several days to contact me then the contractor still couldn't get to me for 2 more days. SMH. This is my third company that I have tried over the years and really has been the worst. Sometime special offers/promotions is not the best choice. Just forewarning you all because I read reviews and find them helpful.

RICEGUMFAM West Chester, PA

I would like to give ZERO star if I can. Long Story Short, DON'T BE CHEATED and DONT BUY IT. I purchased Liberty Home Guard's home warranty services and was told that I will have a peace of mind with all appliances and home system covered. What a LIE!!! Not to mention that they are not responsive, the contractors didn't show up as scheduled and keeps changing schedule. From time to time, I need to trace down the contractors and later found that they don't do the business for Liberty Home Guard. In my request for a failed dishwasher, I was told that it was not covered in the Home Warranty and I need to pay to purchase a new one myself. OK. I gave Liberty Home Guard a second chance. A few months later, I filed another claim for refrigerator. They told me AGAIN that it is not cover in the service plan. WHAT? If neither dishwasher or refrigerator are covered in Home Warranty, why a consumer needs it for? I filed a complain to BBB and this lying company needs to be shut down.

Willie F Houston, TX

I have a three-year contract with Liberty Home Guard. That was a serious mistake. Don't fall for their "special" rates. It is impossible to reach their service department. They don't respond to emails and don't respond to calls. What is the point of having a home warranty when you can't reach them, especially during an emergency, such as flooding or AC not working (in the middle of terrible heat waves).

Shane Rosendahl Frisco, TX

Hands down the worst customer experience I have ever had in my life. Over a month waiting on them to process our claim for our AC in the middle of a Texas summer resulting in them rejecting it. Can never get anyone on the phone, and when you do they say they will call you back and never do - rinse and repeat the cycle day after day.. Cannot submit anything online, they do not have an app to make the claims process easier. Switched from FIXD, worst decision I've made and will be going back to them. 1000% better.. Don't even think about giving them your money, it all seems great until you actually need them to fix something! Terrible company..

Tyrone Brown Capitol Heights, MD

My husband is a unhappy customer and so I am I. The service is awful.. I love quality care, but this company is the worst we have ever experienced. Dont believe the positive reviews. This is our story: Do NOT recommend Liberty Home guard! HVAC broke, on May 19th 2020 I called multiple times and got an no response for at least a week. When I finally spoke with an agent the lack of quality customer service was poor. It is now June 10th and my issue is still unresolved since May 19th. The reason I decided to get the warranty with liberty is because I look at the reviews and was impressed. I am a Director of Operation for a medical facility and patient care is of the most importance to my organization. Liberty has not demonstrated any quality of service on any level. My warranty covers my air condition, so I was very surprise to hear the response from my agent. Jason my representative stated after the technician came out and inspected my unit, that the warranty covers the air condition and the compressor, however the damage that was cause to the compressor due to something electrical and the warranty won't cover my unit. So I was given the alternative of purchasing a new unit. We discuss the price of a new unit and the cost of fixing the compressor, both of which would come out of my pocket. I finally agreed on fixing the compressor and Jason the agent assure me of no additional expenses. This conversation took place on Saturday, June 6. Well, I called the company on Monday and was shocked. The person stated they could not honor the price quoted. Wow!! I am extremely disappointed at this point. I have attempted to speak directly to Jason and know respond. It is now Wednesday, June 10th and my issue is still unresolved. This kind of service is terrible!! I am extremely disappointed with my agent Jason and the lack of follow up. I expect prompt service and have waited for 3 weeks to get a satisfactory answer. Nothing !!!The company is deceptive and will look for opportunities not to honor the warranty. I am a long time disappointed customer!!