First American Home Warranty has been an industry leader for over 35 years and has a reputation of providing quality home warranty plans with extensive coverage for homeowners across the nation. The home warranty provider has serviced millions of claims and has a large network of contractors. Warranty plans last for one year, and monthly payment options are available as well. First American Home Warranty ranked in our list of top 10 Best Home Warranty Companies of 2018.

The Good

• Decades of Experience and Company Stability
  • Comprehensive Plans
  • Coverage Limits
  • 24/7 Claims Service
  • Online Homeowner Center

Decades of Experience and Company Stability

First American has been providing home warranties since 1984. The home warranty service provider provides coverage to 38 states plus the District of Columbia. 35+ years of home warranty experience is a good indication of the company’s stability and willingness to provide quality service. Choosing a home warranty company with so much experience could be an additional peace of mind for homeowners.

Comprehensive Plans

First American Home Warranty currently offers two coverage plans and a variety of additional options for warranty coverage. The monthly cost for a First American Home Warranty plan starts at $28 per month and lasts for one year. The service fee varies by location, but you will typically pay $75 whenever you schedule a repair or replacement with a First American Home Warranty technician. Warranty plan holders can upgrade or expand their warranty plan within the first 30 days of coverage to add on additional systems or appliances. First American also offers a 30-day review period for new warranty contract holders. Customizable plans are made for homeowners, real estate professionals, as well as network service providers. First American Home Warranty's website allows anyone to receive a sample contract and specific residential warranty pricing within minutes.

First American’s warranty coverage for major appliances and systems is as follows (pricing and coverage may vary by location):

The Basic Plan - $28/month or $300/year

• Garage Door Opener
  • Ductwork
  • Central Vacuum System

Optional Coverage

For a fee, you can add additional coverage items to your home warranty plan:

• Central Air Conditioning (electric) - $9
  • Additional Refrigeration - $4
  • Pool/Spa Equipment - $15
  • Well Pump - $7
  • First Class Upgrade - $9

Coverage Limits

Unlike some others, most of First American’s covered items do not carry a specific dollar limit. First American plans do not require a home inspection be done by a contractor or maintenance records be retrieved from a repair person for coverage. The company also provides extra protection for malfunctions due to lack of maintenance, regular wear and tear, rust, corrosion and sedimentary build-up. There are no age limits on covered items, and no limit to the number of claims a customer can file.

24/7 Claims Service

No matter the time of day, customers can open a claim. First American offers a 24/7 service request hotline and a user-friendly online customer portal. First American has a nationwide network of workers and prescreens every service contractor and requires them to complete a probationary period to ensure customer satisfaction standards are met through customer survey results.

Online Homeowner Center

First American offers an easy-to-use online homeowner center for all of its customers. From this portal, a customer can open and track their claims, view their contract details, renew their home warranty, and manage communication preferences.

The Bad

• Nationwide Service Unavailable
  • First American Home Warranty Reviews

Nationwide Service Unavailable

First American provides coverage in 38 states and the District of Columbia. There is a tool on its website that allows for a zip code lookup to determine if First American provides coverage for customers in a particular state. Unfortunately, if you are out of First American’s coverage area, you are unable to receive its services.

First American Home Warranty Reviews

First American Home Warranty has some negative rewards highlighting bad customer service, delayed and lengthy response and service time, and hidden fees on appliances. We suggest reading through First American Home Warranty reviews before making a final purchase decision.

The Bottom Line

With 35+ years of experience and a large network of service providers (each contractor is reviewed and put through a probation period to ensure customer satisfaction), First American Home Warranty has comprehensive protection with high coverage limits for major appliances and systems. With monthly payment options and multiple plans, First American Home Warranty gives you more value for your money and covers customers with flexible payment options for various budgets.

First American Home Warranty created its home warranty programs with not just homeowners in mind, but network service providers and real estate professionals as well. However, the home warranty company does have some negative reviews. We suggest looking through the reviews before determining if First American Home Warranty is the right home warranty provider for you.

Call our recommended rep over at First American Home Warranty below.

3.3

Sandy
May 13th, 2019 Fresno, CA DETAILS

I have had policies with First American for 20 years totaling more than 20K in premiums, a ceiling fan was only running on the lowest speed and when the technician called in to the Claims dept. to get permission to repair or replace this fan he was told that there is no mechanical failure and the fan is still working meanwhile this is summer in Fresno where temp rises about 100 deg.. I bought a new ceiling fan and paid the installer to replace it, so much for the home warranty. I am seriously considering if I wasted money all these years.

May 14, 2019

We have reached out to the consumer directly requesting for additional information in order to review the complaint.

Beverly Arnold
May 13th, 2019 Lubbock, TX DETAILS

We have used this service for 13 years, and I highly recommend .We have only had two bad experiences, and that was due to employees of the contractor(s), and they righted the situation.

May 14, 2019

Thank you Beverly for your review!

FAHW sucks
May 13th, 2019 Toledo, OH DETAILS

Yes. It's a scam. They have an "out" with every claim. They can find a reason to deny any claim even legit claims. The junior Compliance Administrator, Jazmin H, that I dealt with even brags on her LinkedIn page, "Recognized for reducing company debt by winning and settling lawsuits". They stall. They are pleasant in an attempt to just keep the "wheel in motion" and accomplish nothing in hopes that you'll just go away. The half-wit contractors that work FAHW behalf are just as shady. I had a contractor tell me the only reason he does business with FAHW is they guaranteed him 2000 calls a year at $75 a call. That's $150,000 in just house calls, not in repairs!

N Mallard
May 9th, 2019 Duncan, OK DETAILS

So far, I have not had to use the warranty on my new home, but I had this company in the past and was very happy with the quick service. At that time, I had a water heater blow, a problem with my washer and dryer, and they took care of all of it for nominal fee.

May 10, 2019

Thank you N for your review.

Colin
May 9th, 2019 DETAILS

Quick response, efficient, prompt service. Couldn't have been better.

May 10, 2019

Thank you Colin we appreciate your review and look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Charlie
May 9th, 2019 Gulfport, MS DETAILS

We had an a/c problem. It was inspected and found not to be able to be repaired. A new a/c was installed. We had an issue with our dryer. Repairman came and fixed the problem. The service provided by First American has thus far be superior.

May 10, 2019

Hi Charlie. Thank you for your review.

Eric
May 9th, 2019 Stockton, CA DETAILS

Within the first 2 months of having American home warranty my water heater went out and just a phone call away someone was there the next day to check and replace as needed thx American home warranty

May 10, 2019

Thank you Eric for your feedback.

Pat Towery
May 9th, 2019 Burlington, NC DETAILS

The dishwasher had a leak. It took several visits with the leak continuing. Finally the last repair person spotted the problem, an incorrect replacement and installation of the gaskets. He had it fixed properly and I have had no more leaks.

May 10, 2019

Thank you Pat for your review. We are glad the repairs to your plumbing were completed. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Georgia
May 9th, 2019 Brentwood, CA DETAILS

This is the best company I have ever dealt with. They are very concerned with customers needs and timeliness in getting your repair quickly done. I would recommend it to anyone and I have sone that with many friends who have taken advantage of this wonderful service.

May 10, 2019

Thank you Georgia for your review!

Cindy
May 9th, 2019 Panama City Beach, FL DETAILS

This company is dishonest. This company takes your money and then creates reasons to not be responsible for your repairs. If you do get repair people, usually they are second rate and care more about First American Home Warranty’s bottom line at the expense of all of us customers. I finally had enough and tried to cancel both my properties. I was told to do it by email no live customer service to talk to. I received an auto response then nothing. I tried to call the next day to have cancellation confirmed and was hung up on. I wrote a second email and cancelled my automatic drafts, wrote negative review for Better Business Bureau. I tried calling again and was told they will take 30 more days to cancel my policies. I wrote two more negative reviews then was called and a real live person tried to argue their position as if I was wrong for canceling. Unbelievable !!! Beware. Stay away from this crooked and greedy company!!

May 10, 2019

We have reached out to the consumer directly requesting for more information.

David Brill
May 8th, 2019 San Clemente, CA DETAILS

I can't believe how bad these guys are. Been without hot water for 5 days....now we find out that the plumber that is coming out isn't even going to bring a new one....just complete a diagnostic so one can be ordered. The bottom is rusted out and water is leaking all over the place. They won't cover the damage. Even though I have been asking FIrst American online...and the contractor...today is the first day that I am told that they won't even be replacing the water heater for another 5-10 days. The customer service rep on the phone had the balls to tell me that we should heat water on the stove for a family of four...for showers. Worst company that I have ever dealt with. Should have the option of giving zero stars.

May 10, 2019

We have reached out the consumer directly requesting for more information.

Laura L
May 8th, 2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL DETAILS

First American is awful! We have been customers since 2011-we have made a fee small claims for fridge, garage springs, water heater-however we have made several claims for our A/C and each time they send out crappy contractors with bad reviews and they never try to diagnose the problem. We were told we have a leak-but 2 companies didn’t even try to diagnose where it was or try to fix anything. However when I paid out of my own pocket for an A/C tune up they guy told me you need a nee unit this is 16 yrs old and to stop replacing parts bc it is not worth it and will only give you problems. Then they send another company out and the guy replaces the compacitor and added more freon from a month and a half prior to when freon was already added-so that tells you there is a leak. When i had the company that did the tune up come back out the compacitor never needed to be changed and he explained to me why we were having trouble with the A/C not cooling. So after 2 contractors and a total of a year and a half of service calls of $75 a pop and poor attitudes from First American as well as the contractors it’s still not fixed. We have now went with the company that did the tune up and are getting a nee unit installed and have requested cancellation with First American-and go figure have not rcvd a call back like said in the 24 hour timeframe-just like we never rcvd a callback in the timeframe promised regarding our A/C unit claim for a nee one. And First American is stuck on cleaning the A/C coils that are 16 yrs old bc one of the dumb contractors was picking at straws after replacing parts that were not needed and now oh the coils need to be cleaned. So they expected me to pay $425 for 16 year old coils to be cleaned so the idiot could damage them more and then have a bigger problem! I don’t think so. I will NEVER tell anyone to go with First American-their customer service people are beyond rude and do not care about you or your claims. And to make it worse we live in Florida and have had A/C issues all this time. Definitely not worth the $$ you pay for their warranty! And your lucky to get an American person when you call them-and you can never be transferred to a supervisor! They are the worst!

May 10, 2019

We have reached out to the consumer directly for additional information.

Alex
May 8th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Having a policy with this company is like taking hundreds of dollars and lighting it on fire. It's a total scam. They cover almost nothing and when they do they payout a fraction of the cost and contract with low rated, unlicensed, unreliable providers. We recently needed to have our water heater replaced and after a week of jumping through hoops the plumber they assigned to us was a no-show. When I spoke to the plumber he was belligerent and combative. Then I reached out to FA and they told us there was nothing they could do, they couldn't assign us another contractor. We could take a minimal payout and then pay someone to do the work ourselves. Oh and did I mention we had to pay a $75 fee JUST to file the claim?? This is a terrible, useless service, take the money and put it in an interest-bearing savings account

Luke
May 3rd, 2019 Missoula, MT DETAILS

Absolute garbage, we received a home warranty after buying a house. It is terrible customer service. They make you break down the quote from our plumber down to individual ball valves. They were also not going to pay for the removal of our water heater. I could understand a electric oven but a gas water heater where you have to disconnect gas lines. There was one person who was helping with our claim after a few days working with her she disappeared. We had her direct phone line and she said she would call no later than the next day and heard nothing for days so we had to start over and have since talked to 6 different people

May 06, 2019

We have reached out to the consumer directly, awaiting their response.

Eri
May 3rd, 2019 Encinitas, CA DETAILS

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF. We have a contract with this company. Our water heater went out. The contractor said it needs to be replaced. A technician was finally dispatched 5 days later. Now their saying we need to pay $800 out of pocket to bring it up to code. What a joke. This company belongs on American Greed.

May 06, 2019

We have reached out to the consumer directly requesting for additional information.

Laura
May 3rd, 2019 Wirtz, VA DETAILS

My experience with First American home warranty has been awful. It is complete frustration. Our air conditioner has not worked properly for one and a half years. It is leaking in the coil of the unit but the company they’ve selected to cover my area will not do a test to determine the leak. We of course have paid for the leak test with another (reputable) company on our own along with over $600 worth of Freon. It takes the technician over two weeks to come for an appointment when I call. It’s disgraceful. I will never use their service again. I will tell anyone who is interested about my experience and certainly discourage anyone from getting their service.

May 06, 2019

We have reached out to the consumer directly requesting additional information.

Brent Eischen
May 3rd, 2019 Cary, NC DETAILS

First claim...denied. My garage door belt broke and they sent a technician out. The tech confirmed the break and found a broken hinge and a few cracked hinges and stated that the hinges could have contributed to the belt break. Claim denied 100% stating I should have done proper maintenance. Wont even pay for the belt!

May 07, 2019

Hi Brent. We appreciate your feedback and have reviewed your concerns regarding your claim.

Nancy
April 28th, 2019 Canyon Country, CA DETAILS

I've been a customer since I purchased my home in 1997. They were great up until last year where all my three claims were denied for different issues. FAHW has received over $20K of my money in all these years for minimal fixes "plus" the service fees paid to technicians. I'm not sure if there's been a change in management but they have seen the last of my business. I've cancelled my service agreement.

Apr 29, 2019

We have reached out to the consumer directly.

Tyler George
April 28th, 2019 Lubbock, TX DETAILS

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY. My air conditioner has been out for 3 weeks now. They sent a technician out and he said it needs a new coil. That I would have to spend 1200$ out of pocket to bring it up to code. I asked First American what they would pay for the repair so I can decide whether to replace the entire unit or not. They said they would call me back with a number. Never heard back. I have now called 5 times in the past two weeks. Every time I am told they will call me back with a number. They still have not done so. I am on hold with them right now (30 minutes) as they still are trying to figure out what they will cover. This is by far the worst customer service experience I have ever had and to make matters worse I am without an air conditioner in the middle of Spring in Texas.

Apr 29, 2019

We have reached out the consumer directly and awaiting additional information.

Carol
April 28th, 2019 San Carlos, CA DETAILS

When I purchased my house the sellers provided a warranty with first American. After the first year I continued to pay on the policy. One day I woke up to a hardwood kitchen floor covered in water. The water in the fridge leaked. I called first American and wouldn’t you know they didn’t cover the fridge. They claimed they covered all the other appliances. Really? In the policy it did not say fridge was excluded. They never covered a thing. Total waste. I would NOT recommend this company.

May 16, 2019

We have reached out the consumer directly and awaiting additional information.

Chad
April 25th, 2019 Westerville, OH DETAILS

I would recommend not using this company. As usual, they will do anything in their power not to fix the issue or pay for anything. I had to submit multiple claims for the same problem. They contractor they "vetted" came out twice and was unable to diagnose or fix my issue. I had to spend time and money to try and fix the issue myself, but was unable to do so, so had to try and contact them again. They assigned the same contractor who wasn't able to fix the issue. When I asked to switch contractors, they said they couldn't do that. Essentially, they have wasted my time and money, a completely useless organization.

Apr 26, 2019

We have responded to the consumer directly requesting for additional information.

HF
April 25th, 2019 Chattanooga, TN DETAILS

DO NOT waste your money on one of these home warranties! I am a real estate professional and have sent them a lot of customers in the past. I got a home warranty for myself on my home, and after being in the home discovered a major plumbing backflow problem. I had a professional plumber take a look at it to explain to me exactly what the problem was. He told me to call my home warranty company to do the job since it was covered. They sent out a very unprofessional plumber who ignored my requests when I tried to explain the issue to her. She did not complete the job and stated she would not charge me. However, about a month later I received a bill in the mail for a $75 service charge. On top of that, the problem worsened, and I now have sewage backing up into my sink. I called First American assuming they would be more helpful with the situation and at least remove the $75 service fee from my account, especially considering the worsened problem is going to cost me $1,000+ at this point. Their customer service representatives were very rude and kept interrupting me as I was trying to explain the story. They had no interest in helping whatsoever. They would rather make their $75 than keep customers satisfaction a priority.

JamesFam
April 25th, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

My water heater required replacement and I requested service from First American. They sent out a technician who confirmed the water heater was indeed in need of replacement, but then the technician stated I needed to pay an additional $600 for items for code modifications not covered by the warranty. However, all of the items that were "not covered" already existed on the failed water heater. So how are these code modifications!!?? Trying to explain this to First American was like watching grass grow...they are not qualified to speak to customers on technical issues and continue to repeat what they were told to say from the manual. Left with no options, we took the pay out, which barely covered the costs of a replacement water heater. What's more disappointing, I was told that if I had purchased the next level of insurance coverage, FA could cover a portion of the additional charges! Strongly suggested to not purchase home warranty from this company. They do not believe in customer service and you will be extremely frustrated.

Apr 26, 2019

We have reached out to the customer directly requesting for additional information.

Cassandra h
April 25th, 2019 Kannapolis, NC DETAILS

The repair companys sent to my home to date either wanted an outrageous deposit without giving me date of repair work to be started and 2nd one who reported he was understaffed to complete job now after starting claim on april 9th i am still without working ac was on hold over 30 mins for supervisor without any updates or anyone coming to line and being told to wait another 5 days for a 3rd repairman to come and test system for report of problem. No one is helping me, only offered 150 refund after i paid 300 for portable ac and almost 3 weeks later no closer to having issue fixed. My contract is up in june i feel like they are delaying so it will run out, and sending daily emails reminding me to renew, why would i renew when u wont fulfill ur side of contract in timely manner by having real repair companys

May 01, 2019

Hello Cassandra, Our records indicate your air conditioning system was installed and working properly as of April 30, 2019. At this time, your claim is considered closed. Thank you.

Lisa
April 25th, 2019 Nashville, TN DETAILS

My HVAC needs a new evaporator coil (EC). First of all, this issue was diagnosed at the start of last fall and they did nothing but add freon, so I knew this Spring I'd be in the same spot I was last Fall. Sure enough, after another $75 service call fee...same diagnosis this Spring. Now, my cost of the repair is $545, First American's (FA) portion is $301. Labor to replace an EC is 2-3 hours and a new EC will range from $300-$1475. It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that I'm getting fleeced in this situation. I will say that when you do get someone on the phone at FA, they do a fine job if you can understand their English. FA has trained them well to stand firm, tow the company line, and continue to repeat the same lines time after time. If you're looking to be treated dishonestly and unfairly this is the company for you.

Yvette Johns
April 25th, 2019 Powder Springs, GA DETAILS

I've already reached out to this company to cancel my service. I've been a paying customer for almost three years now and in that time have been denied two out of three claims for repairs that were minimal in cost for them to cover in comparison to the hundreds of dollars I've paid to them in premiums over the years. They always seem to find a ridiculous loop hole to refuse their claim, which I've heard contractors both affiliated and unaffiliated confirm more than I once now. Most recently, I was denied because PART of something that needed to be repaired was located outside of the house, despite the fact that the issue also extended very clearly inside the house. Not to mention the actual repair is negligible in cost to them compared to what I've even just paid them this year. I've only grown more and more disappointed with their excuses and I hope others will avoid home warranties and simply save the money they would have spent in a savings account to prep for potential issues in the future. It is not with it.

Apr 26, 2019

We have reached out to the consumer requesting for additional information in order to assist her.

Jose florez
April 25th, 2019 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS

Bad poor service they don’t comply with contract, not enough explanations in coverage and on top of that you still have to pay their service fee for nothing, I needed to replace a part of water heater where contract says that all Parts are covered and at the end they said is not covered.

John ward
April 25th, 2019 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS

I'm definitely not recommend to peoples to buy home warranty with First American home warranty. They are horrible service and you week and week long to respond your request for service, I did claim for my refrigerator not cool and wait for a week they send some one in and they find the problem report to home warranty and wait for another week they send some one in look it and order parts. You have to wait for a month to get it done what you do with your food? Bad and bad horrible and horrible.....

Apr 26, 2019

We have reached out to the consumer directly to assist with resolution.

Daniel Hayes
April 25th, 2019 Apex, NC DETAILS

I have multiple properties and they can't get the work orders Facilitated to the right property. Not to mention their contractors are charging more than double what the cost of the repair is to the customers and take much longer to get the repairs done. You can pick up a phone book or search online for for someone else and get it done cheaper and faster.

Tony Jefferson
April 23rd, 2019 Lawrenceville, GA DETAILS

Please don’t ever use this company they are a SCAM. You get poor quality service from repairmen and the company. Customer service representatives are rude and don’t answer questions. They only want your money and don’t have any authority to help. They try to delay hoping you will give up.

Apr 24, 2019

We have responded to the consumer directly and are awaiting for additional information in order to review his claim.

Shiv
April 23rd, 2019 Cary, NC DETAILS

They play games and make sure to avoid or deny claims. I didn't get any proper help from them and I felt I literally wasted my with them.

Apr 24, 2019

We have reached out the consumer directly.

Dana
April 23rd, 2019 Anaheim, CA DETAILS

We asked for a buyout cost for our pool pump in order to upgrade to a high efficiency pool pump. We waited over a month and were never given that amount. We finally decided to just replace the pump since we had been without for a month. There was miscommunication between First American and the Pool Repair company. I don't know who was to blame as I received different feedback from both, but we're well over 1 month in and have still not been able to have our pool pump or pool filter cover replaced. I've had to call First American EVERY SINGLE WEEK to try and get this done...it's been a very frustrating process and it's still not complete. I gave 3 stars because we had an issue with our water pressure, and that claim was fixed and settled within 2 weeks...great experience.

Apr 24, 2019

We have reached out to the consumer in an attempt to resolve their matter.

SS
April 19th, 2019 Collierville, TN DETAILS

I had a very poor experience with First American. My water heater started leaking and their tech said it needs to be replaced. He said it will cost me $535 out of pocket because the modifications are not covered. FA said they are paying the plumber $622 for parts and labor. Plus I paid $75 for visit charges. So cost of replacement through warranty is $1232. My local plumber quoted $800 for replacement. Why should I keep warranty. When I asked how much they would pay me for cash out they said $501.50. So they would pay their customer less than the contractor. First American is total rip off. Stay away and hire your own contractor.

Apr 24, 2019

We have reached out to the consumer directly request for information in order to review the complaint in its entirety.

Eddie
April 19th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

We could not be more disappointed working with First American Home Warranty. We had an issue with our refrigerator, and they sent out a technician 3 days later (we looked up the reviews on the company they sent, and the company had 2 stars and tons of complaints). When the tech came to diagnose this issue, he said he needed to order a part and it would get to us in a week or so. The next day, we called FA for the tracking number, they said they didn’t have it. We waited 3 days to get a tracking number for the part they supposedly ordered immediately. When the tech came back over a week later, he put the part in—the fridge was STILL not turning on. He said it looked like a different part actually had to be fixed, and laughed it off. He said he would order the other part, and it would be another week or so out. We immediately called FA after the tech left our home, and asked FA to change to a different company since we did not trust the work/competency of the company they chose. They denied our request! Over a week later, the tech comes back, attempts to install the SECOND part he has ordered—and the fridge STILL DOES NOT turn on. The tech gave up and said “it’s probably your compressor, but at this point, it should probably be replaced. I will recommend First Home Warranty replace your refrigerator.” The next day, I called FA and asked when we would get a new fridge, now that it had been almost 3 weeks of WASTED time. They said they SWITCHED our tech to Sears (even though they claimed they could not switch tech’s weeks prior when we requested them to do so). We were so frustrated and exhausted with trying to call FA, getting nothing but their voicemail to leave a message—then receiving a condescending email follow up hours later, instead of a cordial call back. Finally, after calling and calling FA, we let them know that it’s been almost a month since we have been without a fridge, we are living out of an ice chest, spending money every day eating out, and were sick of them avoiding trying to be helpful or resourceful. We asked who we could file a complaint with—ALL OF A SUDDEN, they were more than happy to offer us $75 toward a mini fridge to last us while the part was on its way (WHY was that not offered over 3 weeks ago?!). The sears tech came over a week later to install the compressor—which all in all was over a month of the fridge being out of service, hours of attempting to call FA, weeks of wasted time going from one tech to the next, THEM lying about tracking numbers/parts ordered. Terrible customer service. We will not be renewing with a company that does not treat their customers like fellow human beings, instead of just another “claim number” to avoid.

Apr 24, 2019

We have reached out the consumer directly and requested information in order to review his complaint.

Melissa Castodio
April 18th, 2019 Tulare, CA DETAILS

First, I would give zero stars if I could. Our pool pump went out a week ago. We called to schedule someone to come out. Quickest they could have anybody out was today. So we took it. Nobody showed in the 4 hour timeframe they gave up. My husband called to see if someone would be coming out and they said "no they had to reschedule". Nobody notified us. My husband took a day off to be home and have this taken care of. He asked to speak with a supervisor and the supervisor was very rude and not helpful at all. He basically said he would put in another request but could not guarantee that someone would show. My husband asked for a refund of our $75 deductible and he said he would put in for it. So he asked to speak with whoever would be approving these requests and the man said he is the one since he is the Manager. His name is Andre. So my husband asked him if it would be approved and he said if you are asking me to make a decision today my decision would be no. I would highly recommend not wasting your time on this SCAM.

Steve Newman
April 18th, 2019 Murrieta, CA DETAILS

Ease of making appointments - followup- good- now if we can get out dryer repaired or replaced.

Apr 19, 2019

Hi Steve. Thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Janet Reese
April 18th, 2019 San Rafael, CA DETAILS

I had a difficult time with my last replacement request in getting a contractor to come and do the repair. It was 2-3 weeks before anyone was able to come.

Apr 19, 2019

Hi Janet. We are sorry to hear about the experience you had with your claim. We have since responded to you via private messaging. Thank you.

Eden
April 18th, 2019 Memphis, TN DETAILS

When my sink was messed up, it took them 3 weeks to get out. Then, after coming out, they had to order a part. 3 more weeks. Then came to install and had the wrong part ordered. I either had to wait or go buy my own. They said the one coming would be no where near as nice so I got my own. Then yesterday, they charged a card 3 times that should not have been on file. I used it to pay a service fee in December. They charged it in April. 3 times. Took 2hrs on the phone. An hour 2 days in a row to get it refunded.

John Ricca
April 18th, 2019 DETAILS

Air conditioner is not blowing cold air, technician came out for 5 min and said the unit required maintenance. I said, great make the repair to get the unit to work properly. He said, almost right from a script, no maintenance is not covered. I said the unit needs a repair to work properly and that maintenance by definition is to maintain something that works properly. He left after collecting the $95 service fee and the air conditioner does not work. Ok, so I called FAHW and they fed me the same maintenance excuse. Again, I said the unit does not need maintenance because it is not working, it needs to be repaired. Of course I got nowhere and my air conditioner does not work. Luckily for me I am a federal agent and know a scam when I see one and between me and my lawyer sister this will be investigated and litigated.

Lori
April 18th, 2019 Lubbock, TX DETAILS

Not even worth one star but have to put that. FRAUDS!! You are better off saving your $62 a month on your own. They make up B/S so that they are not responsible for covering your claims. Their favorite word is “denied” and they use any excuse to deny you repairs and and especially replacements. I have waisted years of monthly payments to this crap company! DONT WAIST YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Dottie
April 16th, 2019 Reisterstown, MD DETAILS

The service technicians are excellent. The phone reps are VERY difficult to understand and have even more difficulty trying to convey the information to me. When I ask, they (reps) say they are located in CENTRAL AMERICA!! You figure! A company named First AMERICAN Home Warranty have non-English , non-American employees - an exclusive situation it appears. HMMMMMM..........

Apr 17, 2019

Hi Dottie. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.

Devra Castle
April 16th, 2019 Helendale, CA DETAILS

I like not having to find a repairman and having someone stand behind me if they do bad work-I like the ease of doing requests on line

Apr 17, 2019

Thank you Devra for your review.

Anita
April 16th, 2019 Chula Vista, CA DETAILS

Wonderful service and very nice people. I have been telling my friends how you guys rock

Apr 16, 2019

Hi Anita. Thank you for your kind words. We look look forward to servicing you again in the future.

John Doster
April 16th, 2019 Kingman, AZ DETAILS

Just paid $600 (plus $75 for the initial call) for a repair that should have been at least partially covered. First American Home Warranty did not notify me that the job had been denied. When contacted, I was put on with a "customer service representative" who was difficult to understand and seemed unable to express herself. Kept me on the phone for several minutes while she did something on a computer to the point that I had to ask if she was still there. Certainly will not renew.

Laura Raymond
April 16th, 2019 Carson, CA DETAILS

I have to admit that when it came time for us to renew our Home Warranty with First American, I wondered if it would be worth it. We had a small plumbing issue, a toilet that wouldn't stop running, and I couldn't figure out why. First American offers several ways to get in touch to request assistance, so I chose to contact them online. First American responded promptly and reassuringly, double checking first to make sure that it wasn't an emergency (it wasn't) before routing it to an appropriate vendor. The vendor was a little slow to get back to us, but once they did, they were a model of efficiency. My only complaint was that the scheduler/receptionist for the plumber was very abrupt, almost unfriendly, but she was efficient. The plumber who came out was very prompt as well as friendly, and willing to take the time to explain what exactly was wrong and what he was doing to fix it (the fill pump assembly was stuck open and needed replacing). He took the time to ask if there was anything else that needed fixing (not at that moment) since there was time left on the service call. It was a very positive experience, and well worth the money.

Apr 16, 2019

Hello Laura. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with us. Thank you for choosing First American.

Nicholas Guinan
April 12th, 2019 Lubbock, TX DETAILS

We've had a good overall experience with First American Home Warranty. The only gripe, honestly, was due to our air conditioner failing completely, and they hedged because the unit wasn't really big enough to provide adequate cooling based on the square footage of our house. They did kick in $1000 toward the replacement cost for a new, bigger unit.

Apr 15, 2019

Hi Nicholas. Thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Jon
April 12th, 2019 Palm Springs, CA DETAILS

I thought everything was fine, except, I am having a different issue caused by the repair. I have left messages for the sales rep and the warranty company with no response.

Apr 15, 2019

Hi Jon. Thank you for your review. We will be reaching out to you directly.

Barney
April 11th, 2019 Anaheim, CA DETAILS

Bad service from First American Home warranty, they send companies that don't know how to fix problems covered in their warranty. When contacting main office you get nothing solved. I will not renew with them.

Manjola Plaku
April 11th, 2019 Katy, TX DETAILS

Is not worthy to pay for. Still my dishwasher is not fixed yet more than 2 months already, bad customer service. They want to pay the Technician my myself and reimbursing my money

Nancy
April 9th, 2019 Wake Forest, NC DETAILS

Terrible customer service. Had coverage for our well and of course they said it wasn’t covered. Then $750.00 later they now want me to pay them a $75.00 service call. I called and told them at no time have I ever paid them directly and should go back to vendor that did the work. They said that I am liable for the payment . Horrible customer service. I will not renew my policy.