First American Home Warranty

7.8

Mike Wilson Hixson, TN

Service has been helpful when needed. Willing to work with me on different service people

Apr. 23rd, 2021

Steve Chickamauga, GA

It is very easy to set up appointments and the vendors are pleasant and on time.

Apr. 7th, 2021

Maria Little Rock, AR

They are very friendly and very helpful with the questions you have and very helpful

Apr. 7th, 2021

Paula Hodges Chattanooga, TN

Their response was in good time. They did what they said they would do. Good value for the cost.

Jerry Edwards Lake Elsinore, CA

Great rates, excellent service quick response, how much more can one ask from a service business?

John D Manuel Henderson, NV

I received excellent customer service when I have had two service request for my a/c system.

Ralph Heim Killeen, TX

Take care of customer listen to its customer to his problems on item that need repair.

Donna Lake Havasu City, AZ

Able to answer questions so you understand, very polite did not have to wait an hour for help

Patricia Grass Valley, CA

Professional and efficient service completed within a min acceptable amount of time.

Richard Krejci Henderson, NV

Because they are amazing and they're there when I need them if anything goes wrong in my house

Brandon CA

They are really terrible. I had the AC go out on my condo and they kept scheduling it out to contractors who don’t even work on the building. Each mistake would cause an additional day of no AC delay. I finally had to find my own company yet it still took First American an additional 2 days to approve. I talked to 8 different people and spent 10 hours on the phone. My advice is use another warranty company,

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Brandon. We appreciate your feedback. We have messaged you for additional information.

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Mike Arlington, TX

Your monthly rate is high--have not received your promotional gift card, after almost 5 months. FAHW has no compassion for its loyal, faithful customers, in my opinion, all FAHW concerns is to make money, and not fair customer treatment relationship.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Mike. We are sorry to hear. We have messaged you for additional information.

Rosalie Gonzalez Corpus Christi, TX

When I did the switch - the representative was very kind and addressed my concerns with my previous carrier

Mar. 4th, 2021

Milligan Williamsburg, VA

They are very good at setting up appointments and the follow up afterwards. I don't like some of the companies that they choose to use.

Mar. 4th, 2021

MJ Gomez Houston, TX

Easy in getting service providers to address my repair issues. Knowing the service providers are expert on their field.

Feb. 24th, 2021

Peggy Marble Falls, TX

They are very quick with good service. I have been a customer for a long time. You can easily use web site.

Feb. 24th, 2021

T. R. Blount Newport News, VA

They are extremely helpful and professional. Their customer service representatives are courteous and knowledgeable.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Feb. 5th, 2021

Ronnie Rockinoldman63 Delaware Concord, CA

Over a period of 3 years, we had filed 3 claims and it was like pulling teeth. It felt like they wanted to deny anything we submitted, though they ended paying for the 3 items. Their pricing is almost the best you can get (lowest) but you do get what you pay for.

Chuck Norton Pensacola, FL

I had a compressor go out on my refrigerator and requested service. They only had one contractor to that gave me a service date of 2 weeks off. I know how this company works from past experience with a AC. Took over a month to get it fixed. They actually had to replace it and YES charged me an extra $600 for the contractor. There was nothing in the fine print that allowed that. So not wanting to go without a refrigerator for 2 weeks plus the time for them to get a compressor and reschedule another appt, I called a local service company and paid them to fix the refrigerator. Fixed it the day I called. Useless warranty !

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Chuck. Thank you for your review, we understand your frustration. We have messaged you for additional information.

Kat Blue Phoenix, AZ

Horrible. I've been at my daughter-in-law's house helping with a newborn and her AC has been out far too long with no real attempt by First American Home Warranty to resolve the issue. This is her home warranty company and she lives in Phoenix where it's been over 90 degrees during every single day of this mess. She's had them out 4 times in the last year now for this same issue but it's never been fixed. She's paid their service fee each time yet there has been no resolution. In fact, we know now that the first couple times their techs simply flipped the breaker switch rather than addressing the issue that kept causing the breaker to flip. We also know now that the last tech who came out actually bypassed the main breaker which has now destroyed parts for the AC unit. The home warranty company just gives her the runaround and they have been without AC for nearly two weeks now in this weather with a newborn. On April 1, she called to talk with a supervisor but was told there were none available. On April 5, she was told that her claim was never elevated to a supervisor at all. On April 9, she was told again it was never elevated though she'd been on the phone with various supervisors all week long. She was told the parts still needed to be ordered and the contractor wasn't responding and various other asinine excuses while an infant, two other kids, and two dogs remain overheated day after day.... today is April 12 and there is still no AC.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Kat. Thank you for addressing the concerns, we will be in contact with the contract holder.

Christy Roswell, GA

This warranty company is incredibly difficult to deal with. They consistently assign poor contractors that cannot complete the repairs, but you are still charged the service fee for them coming out. They are slow to respond and make you jump through hoops to get anything repaired. When a third party contractor is needed and they actually approve it. They draw out reimbursing you forever!! I have spent way too many hours dealing with this terrible company. DO yourself a favor and just contact a professional to repair your appliance or whatever your issue and don't waste your money on this worthless warranty company.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Christy. We appreciate your feedback. We have messaged you for additional information.

John Knoxville, TN

So easy to deal with. Enter problem on line and they take care of it from there. In fact they contract with the very best

Tanner Corder Abilene, TX

The service is extremely affordable. It gives me peace of mind knowing I will be taken care of. The service is also easy to use.

KERRY STILES SR Laguna Hills, CA

I have only had two warranty requests, at this time, and both were promptly responded too and the only charge was the required trip charge.

Sandra Tiffany Fort Collins, CO

Good responses and repairs. Service people have been inconsistent. Some are great and others incompetent! Several small items fixed quickly. I would do this purchase again!

Elaine Saafir Los Angeles, CA

Recently requested service and services were not complete by contractor. Tech stated they informed American Warranty and did not get approval, but me, the client, was not given the info

Matthew Moore Virginia Beach, VA

Slow to fix any claims. I have waited over 30 days for repairs on multiple claims. They will replace only one small component at a time no matter how many failures a single piece of equipment has. If your A/C or heater goes out expect your home to be in the 90s or 40s depending on the season. Calls are not answered. Messages are not returned. Find another home warranty company! Do not sign up for this service!

Abbot Klein Deland, FL

I have had several repairs in the past few years ,( my home just turned 21) and my experience has been good. easy to report, fast response expert repairs. en very good. Fast

LUCIA DOMVILLE San Diego, CA

GOOD SERVICE NOT SO EXPENSIVE AND NICE PEOPLE. ON TIME. FRIENDLY. VERY CLEAN AND ACCURATE. PERSONAL CONFIDENT WITH THEIR WORK

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Lucia for your kind words.

Jeffrey Furmanek Vail, AZ

Excellent customer service. Customer service reps are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Glad I chose First American.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Jeffrey. We are glad to be your home warranty provider! Thank you for your feedback!

Glenn Silver Centreville, VA

First American has been relatively easy to work with and responsive. Sometimes their contractors fail to inspire confidence and ae unable to fix minor problems on the spot.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review Glenn!

brenda byrd

I been with you guys for years have had no problem with them and i get my house problem taking care of with in 24 hours

SA Davis

The vendor they sent fixed my garage door within a few hours of their arrival, however they did not work on the weekend so I couldn't access my garage until the next week.

Kaaron Sloan

The company is only as good as the service companies they use. Because when they could not repair my washer they replay it with a new one of equal value.

Janet and Gordon Banwart

So far we haven't had any service, Our parts are in but no one answers the phone to set up an appointment. After we get our first service call we will be able to rate your company.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Janet and Gordon, First American apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process. At this time, our records indicate that United Services of Arizona has been authorized to replace the control board to your oven range. United Services of Arizona will contact you directly to schedule a mutually convenient appointment to repair the unit. Please be advised, First American considers your claim pending. Thank you

Dec. 22nd, 2020

Kathie

FAH explained the warranty very well, answered all questions. Process to sign up and pay was easy, and using this warranty has been a breeze.

Blair Carter

The Home Warranty that came with the property I've kept and used for a variety of things through the years. Comes in handy and saves money for sure.

Deborah Ragan

When I place a claim on line or by phone they give me everything I need concerning my contractor assign to my request and their phone information.

Brenda

My first occasion to use my new home warranty has been a huge disappointment.. my microwave stopped working in 11/15 andI immediately reported it and was told the claim would be filed... which it was and in 36 hours Sears sent an email that Sears service department would be ti my home on DECEMBER 29....6 WEEKS AWAY!!! to repair a microwave!! I called FAHW again yesterday to question the time stated and was told Sears would call within 4 hours... 2 days later, I'm still waiting!!!

Barbara

I have had them for my 2 homes for at least 5 years. Having such a service, I feel confident that I won't face sudden large costly repairs.

Nov. 18th, 2020

Ronald Anzai

Great costumer service when I called. This is ridiculous that it must be fourth characters. I will rate lower next time because of this.

Nov. 3rd, 2020

Frances Perez

Never had problems with this company. When I call for service the response is almost immediate. No hassles. Just pay the copay and ur good to go.

Nov. 3rd, 2020

Kelley Morfoot

I have had 2 service requests made years apart and both times they claimed to not have gotten the request even though the deductible was paid initially. It had to be resubmitted which added days onto the request. Both times the service appointments were made for a random day and time so I had to take time off of work. If they would have consulted about the appointment time I would have scheduled it for my day off which is during the week.

Andrew

My current repair call is already five months without receiving the new microwave from GE and to have them install it. Although First American is trying hard, and the manufacturer is causing the delay, I feel First American should be more aggressive in resolving this replacement microwave service call in a short period of time.

Michelle

I received a very fast response to my claim. My central air died during one of the hottest summers on record and a new unit was installed in no time at all.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Oct. 9th, 2020

Richard Whitetail

Wanted to get my microwave looked at and was convinced that there was no reason until it completely broke down although it’s making bad noises since we pretty much moved in last year.

Lamar Williams

I live in a more rural area. It is not easy to get repair vendors out to my area to do the necessary repair. First American Home Warranty has improved greatly in this area and the quality of the vendors to choose from.

Ashley Bao

I love the security of having the plan my only issue is, some issues there is a long lead time and repairs require approval and it is not fun to go with out a refrigerator for almost two weeks.

Sandy Cicc Yreka, CA

Fast and easy response to my claim. Although I did not need to complete my claim my initial request for service was met with informative and quick response.

Sep. 21st, 2020

Connie Knoxville, TN

Some of the contractors did a good job however some of them did not and I had to call back to get work done correctly. One company had to come out 3 times to do a repair on my dryer.not only did they scratch up my floor, after they left the next day the same problem came back..