First American Home Warranty

7.4

Tom Allen Rosenberg, TX

I have used several different warranty companies and First America has been the most responsive to review and handle any problem.

Mar. 4th, 2021

DONALD SALAIS Victoria, TX

Because you don't let the buyer pick his/her company to work on your house. You pick someone 2 1/2 hours away and can't get service done for 2-3 days!!!!!

Mar. 2nd, 2021

Alex Anastasiadis Sedona, AZ

overall service but also because of latest service from your representative, Jaime H. who was extremely helpful and professional.

Iris Richmond, VA

Always come through when I need them. The use experienced and reliable contractors. Contractors are professional and quality materials.

Bernice J Horwitz Saint Louis, MO

anytime i needed them they were there. PRICE AND VALUE WELL WORTH THE MONEY. ALSO PEACE OF MIND KNOWING COULD COUNT ON FAH.

Mary Anne Madden Redding, CA

My refrigerator stopped working. They responded quickly and set up an appointment with the repair company. They also followed up on the service call.

Bonnie J Searles Summerfield, NC

I've always been happy with the quick response to the problems I've had. The service people they are contracted with have been top notch.

Paul Marble Falls, TX

3 service. I live in a rural area and have had issues this service. First American finds the providers for me at a reasonable cost.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Feb. 5th, 2021

John Knoxville, TN

So easy to deal with. Enter problem on line and they take care of it from there. In fact they contract with the very best

Tanner Corder Abilene, TX

The service is extremely affordable. It gives me peace of mind knowing I will be taken care of. The service is also easy to use.

KERRY STILES SR Laguna Hills, CA

I have only had two warranty requests, at this time, and both were promptly responded too and the only charge was the required trip charge.

Sandra Tiffany Fort Collins, CO

Good responses and repairs. Service people have been inconsistent. Some are great and others incompetent! Several small items fixed quickly. I would do this purchase again!

Elaine Saafir Los Angeles, CA

Recently requested service and services were not complete by contractor. Tech stated they informed American Warranty and did not get approval, but me, the client, was not given the info

Matthew Moore Virginia Beach, VA

Slow to fix any claims. I have waited over 30 days for repairs on multiple claims. They will replace only one small component at a time no matter how many failures a single piece of equipment has. If your A/C or heater goes out expect your home to be in the 90s or 40s depending on the season. Calls are not answered. Messages are not returned. Find another home warranty company! Do not sign up for this service!

Abbot Klein Deland, FL

I have had several repairs in the past few years ,( my home just turned 21) and my experience has been good. easy to report, fast response expert repairs. en very good. Fast

LUCIA DOMVILLE San Diego, CA

GOOD SERVICE NOT SO EXPENSIVE AND NICE PEOPLE. ON TIME. FRIENDLY. VERY CLEAN AND ACCURATE. PERSONAL CONFIDENT WITH THEIR WORK

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Lucia for your kind words.

Jeffrey Furmanek Vail, AZ

Excellent customer service. Customer service reps are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Glad I chose First American.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Jeffrey. We are glad to be your home warranty provider! Thank you for your feedback!

Glenn Silver Centreville, VA

First American has been relatively easy to work with and responsive. Sometimes their contractors fail to inspire confidence and ae unable to fix minor problems on the spot.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review Glenn!

Maria Peterson Goleta, CA

I just wish my realtor had given me a prepaid Visa card rather than this $600.00 home warranty policy. Getting in touch with them the first time ( on the phone) was painfully slow. You have to go on their website and make an account then getting someone to respond either doesn’t happen or takes forever. They charge a $75.00 fee to show up whether the person can fix the problem or not. In Santa Barbara most of their contracts go through phoenix plumbing and heating out of Santa Maria, more than an hour away. Maybe if they had more plumbers on their contract list it could be better. When my toilet backed up recently and I contacted First American I never got a response, who can wait when it comes to sewage? I called my own plumber, he quickly cleared it for $70.00 and I saved $5.00 by not paying First Americans co-pay!!!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Maria. We thank you for your feedback. Our records do indicate that when the claim for your toilet was placed online the step to assign a contractor was not completed. It is for the reason service was never provided. Thank you.

May. 28th, 2021

Tip Boulder, CO

I've had the warranty for years (I believe since 2014 or so) and hardly use any of their service (good thing I guess). But my recent service request is a nightmare. It's a toilet leak from my unit (I live in a condo) to my neighbor's downstairs. I understand that I need to get a quote and authorization before the work started. The rep is VERY slow to respond my questions. And in the middle of the claim they switched my rep to someone else! who also does NOT return my calls nor my messages online (why do they have a message portal feature if nobody is checking it?!!). They allowed me to use outside contractor and I am following their required steps to a T. Anyway, now they're having a problem with fixing the drywall of my neighbor's unit because it's not my unit! Well, that's not what I was told earlier. It's a part of the leak problem. If it's within my unit, they would have covered. So, what is the difference!? I asked many times how the drywall will be fixed after the plumber fixed my toilet leak (which he has done that). And the first rep told me that First American will be sending someone to patch the drywall. So, I don't understand why it is a questionable item now. And now again with the calls back and forth... on hold waiting for a supervisor to talk to me and still nothing! For a simple toilet leak the work (not by the plumber but because of the steps I have to follow) takes more than a month!?!?! This is ridiculous!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Tip. We appreciate your feedback. We have messaged you for additional information.

Apr. 17th, 2021

Robert Neumuller

They are very good at responding to my request, however, when a unit must be replaced, their replacement is usually inferior to the unit being replaced and so they get away with paying out a fraction of the actual equivalent replacement cost.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Robert. Thank you for your review. We determine the replacement based on similar features, efficiency and capacity to your current unit and cash payments are based upon our negotiated rates with our suppliers which may be less than retail. You may refer to your contract under Limits of Liability for additional information.

Dec. 22nd, 2020

Melissa Goyer

Personable. Friendly, quick responses. Anytime i have had to use them, they were quick to get someone to respond. I have tried others and no one beats AHW

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review Melissa!

Dec. 18th, 2020

BOBBY BUTLER

I had to wait four weeks to have my ice maker repaired, then it didn't work so I had wait two more weeks for a 2nd repair which also did not repair the icemaker. After that they offered me a replacement refrigerator that was no where close to the refrigerator I have. It laqked many of the features on m,y refrg. I took the buy out instead.

Pat

Only one claim but had help right away with a great technician who explained how to get more efficient results by adding a phone app and new equipment available anywhere.

Dec. 9th, 2020

Louis Szuch

Excellent service for over 15 years. I had had plumbing issues, electrical issues , and appliance issues. All have been taken care of quickly and professionally

Dec. 9th, 2020

Karl Waters

Always great service very reliable,always helpful. The price of the contract is very reasonable I feel comfortable with first American home they don't leave you hanging

Nov. 23rd, 2020

Sue Corradetti

I've had good experience with them. I was especially pleased when they replaced my microwave oven, making sure it was a convection oven as well as a microwave oven.

Nov. 23rd, 2020

Kelley Morfoot

I have had 2 service requests made years apart and both times they claimed to not have gotten the request even though the deductible was paid initially. It had to be resubmitted which added days onto the request. Both times the service appointments were made for a random day and time so I had to take time off of work. If they would have consulted about the appointment time I would have scheduled it for my day off which is during the week.

Andrew

My current repair call is already five months without receiving the new microwave from GE and to have them install it. Although First American is trying hard, and the manufacturer is causing the delay, I feel First American should be more aggressive in resolving this replacement microwave service call in a short period of time.

Michelle

I received a very fast response to my claim. My central air died during one of the hottest summers on record and a new unit was installed in no time at all.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Oct. 9th, 2020

Karen Pruett Long Beach, CA

I used re-key my locks on my new home. That transaction was fine. A month later, I had problems with my water heater and American Home Warranty said they would take care of it. Since I am a new home owner, my realtor called back and Home Warranty did not take care of it. Your staff does not know what is covered.

Sep. 21st, 2020

Gabriel Cordova, TN

I just started my contract with them and so far everything has been good. I haven't reported any issues thus far but as of now the Customer Service has been quite good. No complaints currently.

Sep. 21st, 2020

Mistaree Charleston, WV

Although things were a bit bumpy getting started, we have had positive experiences with our referral companies. The time between putting in a request and getting a response is minimal. We have have reputable companies with competent workers. So far we are very happy that we have First American Home Warranty on our side.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Ishita Bhaumik Laguna Hills, CA

They are good but I have problem with their updating of their customer's renewal of policy in their automated answering. I had cancelled their policy about 3yrs ago, then reinstated it within a couple of months, but the answering auto phone doesn't recognize my policy. I have reminded their Customer service again and again for last couple of years but no, it has not yet corrected it.

Deborah Memphis, TN

I have never had an issue. They have always been there to take care of my issues in an efficient and quick manner. I have not had an issue with any of the companies doing my repairs.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Aug. 26th, 2020

Bryce Cunningham Edmond, OK

First America Home Warranty in order to provide overall trustworthinessIn and to help consumers identify solutions please reach out. A vague sense of what you can help with is needed upgraded and improved upon to be understood and to achieve our desidred service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Aug. 19th, 2020

Mark Toano, VA

Solid coverage, however their customer support is sometimes hard to work and hard to understand. They also don't seem to track dispatched contractors leaving it to he homeowner to deal with contractors who don't show up or change their appointment at the last minute after the customer has had to wait for more than a week.

Aug. 13th, 2020

Mandy Matthews Stephenville, TX

After being in our home for 1 week, the hot water heater went out. I called set up a service call online. There was no one locally to service our needs and we went 4 days without hot water. There were multiple calls to the call center, 2 different businesses scheduled, and then conveniently overbooked and didn't bother to call us and tell us they were not coming. It was incredibly frustrating. Repair services do not want to spend 1 hour or more driving (one way) to Stephenville, TX when they can stay in the metroplex and make more money. Please secure local businesses to service the needs of your customers. I gave 2 stars because of the nicest call center representative that tried for almost an hour to locate an alternate provider after we had a no show. He could not locate anyone that was willing to show up soon.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Mandy, We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during the handling of your claim, and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, as we are always looking for ways to better our service and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process. At this time, our records indicate that the service request for your water heater has been cancelled as the unit has been repaired. Thank you,

Aug. 10th, 2020

Frank Fasola Williamstown, NJ

Never any problems with warranty Never any problems with payment always answer the car and ready to help this is a great company I would recommend them highly they have exceeded my expectations

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate the feedback. Have a great day.

Aug. 6th, 2020

Flora Lopez

Always very helpful and fair. I feel safe knowing that they have my back. They always send very professional people to fix the problem. Overall very satisfied with First American.

Jul. 27th, 2020

darry holmes (NC)

fair prices, ease of claims settled, expediant responses to service calls, comfort of knownig the plan is present on appliances, they have upheld all their contractual promises

Jul. 27th, 2020

MSgt Bill Harris

Its all about the charges for Freon. Its only about $5-$7 a pound on internet, but some companies for other home warranty companies will charge up to $75 per pound. 1st American does not let that happen!!!!

Jul. 17th, 2020

Walter Meriwether

When my claim was submitted, I received an email from them stating we're reviewing your claim and will let you know. This usually takes 2 to 3 days. After 5 days I had to call to find out oh your claim was approved. They ordered my new air conditioning unit, it finally arrived after two weeks. I haven't been able to use my home office in over a month.

Mary Staula

No fuss service plus fast and efficient contractors! I really do wish it didn't cost so much but in the end, it's usually cheaper than hiring a contractor on your own and we trusting them! th

Jul. 17th, 2020

michelle Santee, CA

It was a hassle trying to get my washer and dryer taken care of. The vendors they use are NOT competent. Then when a replacement was needed and we picked a less expensive model, they wouldn't honor that and gave us way less than the washer was worth. We didn't want the same one, clearly it wasn't a good machine. The people were nice, but my dryer still sings!

Gloria

Never had any problem with the company, services completed in timely manner and always got feedback concerning my satisfaction. Will always stick with them, they got my back!ck

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Gloria, thank you for you positive feedback!

May. 18th, 2020

Karen Middle River, MD

Price and coverage. Well, my braying was high and I volunteered to do this survey but you weren’t happy with my review and wanted me to write more? What do you expect? I am paying but have not had to use your service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Karen. We are not showing a response or feedback was provided but we do thank you for the rating. Have a great day,

May. 8th, 2020

Monica Hess Fresno, CA

They’ve always delivered 100%. We used First American from 2000-2010. They were great. Just started back with them (don’t know why we did not purchase in 2015, when we bought a new home.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Monica, we appreciate your feedback and are happy to have you back with First American. Have a nice day.

Apr. 27th, 2020

James & Connie Torina Richmond, MI

We had their service in AZ. for 8 years and then for 15 years in Michigan and they have always served us well and in a timely manor. Would recommend them to everyone because of their service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you James and Connie for continuing to stay with First American for over 20 years. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to servicing you in the future. Have a wonderful day.

Apr. 27th, 2020

Ruben De La Torre

Excellent service, the technician was very helpful and kept informed during the repairs. Very honest, hard working technician! First American does keep it's promise of providing excellent service at competitive pricing!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Ruben. We appreciate your feedback. Have a wonderful day.

Apr. 1st, 2020