Best Company Guarantee First American Home Warranty Logo

First American Home Warranty

8.3

Pat El Mirage, AZ

My realtor recommended First American. The one claim we have put in was expedited very rapidly and the service was excellent. It was almost perfection. Paying for a new garage opener would be a lot more than what I pay for the service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Pat for your review and for choosing First American.

Jun. 25th, 2019

Ruby Grifton, NC

The gentlemen that came out to do the work for me last time I didn't have any problems with. We came in and fixed the problems and job he had to do and he was gone. I think I got a call the next day or even the same day and then he was out here the next day.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Ruby! We are so happy to hear things went so quickly and smoothly with your claim. We look forward to servicing your next claim.

Michael Huntington, WV

First America has been really good to take care of use when we have had to call a few times. We have had to use them several times. I think our most recent was that our air conditioning had gone out and they couldn't come for a couple of days. When they were able to come, they called and got me in touch with the company.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Michael. Thank you for your review and we apologize about the delay. We are happy to hear that everything went smoothly after that.

Louis Belton, TX

I had a septic system problem and they came out. Although they did not have someone that works on the septic system, I had to find somebody and I paid for it and First American reimbursed me. I like First American Home better than several of the other companies that I've had in the past and I'm more than likely to pick them up again at the end of this term.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Louis. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and let us know how we are doing. We apologize that we didn't have an in-network contractor available to service. We appreciate your understanding and hope to continue to service your home in the future.

Nealson Brooksville, FL

They already got back to me within 24 hours as promised and a technician came out and did the job for less than the other competitors so I was satisfied. Last month I got an issue with the garage door breaking so they came out for that.

George Anderson, SC

Very courteous and prompt and answered any questions that I had. Our dishwasher was not draining. I called them up that day and had a technician scheduled that afternoon. Everything went smooth. He showed up on time when he was supposed to and everything worked out great.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi George. We are happy to hear that your dishwasher was repaired in a timely manner. We look forward to servicing your next claim.

Francis

They've always been responsive. We've used it for several things. We called and they called the proper companies like plumbers or electricians or whatever. And they reschedule an appointment and they came right away so everything was good. Everything in your house is covered so everything gets taken care of.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Francis, we are happy to hear you see the value in your home warranty. We look forward to servicing your next claim.

Margaret

They have really good follow up in their service. I've used it twice. The garage door opener wasn't working so they rectified that. The dryer wasn't working but there's nothing wrong with it. It might be user error but we are going to rely on what the technician said.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Margaret. We are so happy to hear that your garage door opener was repaired. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Don

I've used it three times. Once for a leak and it was repaired. Once for the dishwasher and it was almost repaired but still slightly leaks and I'll just live with it. I can put a bucket underneath the door. The other time was for a garbage disposal being jammed and it was fixed. They respond to any request.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Don. We are concerned to hear about your dishwasher still leaking. Can you please call our Customer Service line and tell them about the situation?

Jo

I've used the warranty numerous times. We had to use it recently for our pool pump and the gentleman fixed it and everything's fine. We've had some technicians that came out that were bad. I did speak with the manager about pest control which was not very friendly or nice. I would suggest more empathy from the people and managers that customers speak to. I actually had to hold for thirty minutes to speak to him.

Larry

We just used our warranty on our dishwasher and we called in and said we needed a repair and they sent someone out and fixed it. I've had several occasions to use the home warranty on refrigerators and dishwashers and appliances. It's very successful. They were responsive, successful, took care of the problem, and were generous.

Kevin

Very responsive and quick to get to people out to work on repairs as needed. They do an excellent job. Most of the technicians have been excellent. A couple have had to change one item and then came back a week later and make two trips to fix the problem.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you, Kevin for the response. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Larisa

I can always reach a representative. My air conditioning unit went out and it was very quick and they fixed everything. I like that the customer service is easy to reach. The people are polite and there are professionals at any of the contractors.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We are happy to hear your AC was fixed just in time for summer!

Sharon

If you call them, they call the contractor out and fix the problem. We use the warranty all the time actually. We have an older house. I just put it in an email what we need to be fixed and they send the contractor. They call us within twenty four hours and come fix it and off we go. They are timely and professional and they resolve everything.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi, Sharon. We are happy to hear that you are utilizing the benefits of your contract! We are happy to be of service.

Sheila Miller

The app was easy and convenient to request the services. Called when they said they would. Not a long wait. Worked around my schedule and you can request services online easily! Fairly priced as well. Both the monthly payment and the services!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Sheila. Thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Jun. 11th, 2019

Anthony

They came with the purchase of the home and they have performed well since then. They've been responsive to each request and it is easy to submit requests. Everything has gone well. Service is prompt and adequate. Some of their contractors weren't up to doing the job the first time but most have been resolved.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Anthony for your review.

Christina

Most of the time, the service is really good and get things done quick. I have been in my home for months and had to call them three or four times and they have been pretty good at getting things done for me. The first time I needed something with my dishwasher and they got someone out here right away, which was really good, but the second time, it took several days before somebody came.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Christina, we appreciate your feedback.

Valerie

The last time I had plumbing issues, First American Home Warranty came and repaired the problem. I was really happy with the service, it is the best out there. I've had it for a long time and they're pretty dependable. They go all the way to do certain things without even charging you.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Valerie, we appreciate your review.

Kelli

My mom and my sister both had it and liked First American. They have provided us with good service and always sent someone right away that was qualified and do a good job. When they tried to fix out garbage disposal but couldn't, they replaced it. Customer service is quick to get back with us and get somebody to us.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Kelli. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback!

Janessa

I recommend them almost daily. Someone is always available in customer service. We called in for a claim and it was handled promptly. My only complaint is there is no follow up from First American and they didn't relay information to the contractor.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Janessa for your review.

Cesar

I greatly appreciate what they do. They are very responsive and knowledgeable and go above and beyond to make sure my needs are taken care of. I love the simplicity of being able to log in and get through and their responses have always been really quick and great.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Cesar for your review, we appreciate it.

Robbie

I think it is a good deal, especially if you have been in your home for a lengthy period of time. They were very quick with their responses and they have somebody out pretty much immediately. I have used them twice and so far it is pretty amazing.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Robbie. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review.

Anonymous Idaho Falls, ID

First American Home Warranty is an outstanding company. I've had to use them a number of times and they sent people right away and it was all settled beautifully. They are very efficient and they have a good telephone system, the people are very polite and speak clearly and are fluent in English.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. It is fantastic to know that you were provided five star service.

Oct. 18th, 2021

Nyda Bountiful, UT

I think they are trustworthy. They've always been really good about providing the service when needed. I've had two instances in the last month where I've used them. I was okay with what they did with my electric range but not my water heater because I didn't hear from them for over a week for an appointment. It would be nice to have the option to choose your own people.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Nyda, thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Cheryl Clinton, MS

Extremely responsive. The 6 times I needed to use them, I was able to get a response in a timely manner. I wasn't happy with one contractor that showed up but the next time I was happy. I find the agents to be very knowledgeable of what is covered in my plan and they are also very empathetic.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Cheryl. Thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Heather Austin, TX

I call customer support a lot and I am always able to talk to somebody and they try to at least help with our problems. Most of our issues have been taken care of quickly except the heating and dishwasher took a long time. It took a month to get the dishwasher done and I think it could have been much quicker but every time I called First American, they were very helpful and tried to get it moving. I think there should be quicker communication and they should check in with their customers to see where the contractors are.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Heather. We appreciate and value your feedback. Thank you.

Barry Pittsburgh, PA

They always have the right thing. When their usual plumbing company vendor could not repair my bathroom fixtures, I had my own usual plumber fix the problem, and First America Home Warranty reimbursed me completely for my expenses.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate your feedback, Barry. Thank you!

May. 31st, 2019

With electrical plumbing, they cover everything and that's very good. They don't give you any problems. First American Home Warranty is top notch. I would definitely recommend them to anybody. I've been a customer of theirs for the past fourteen years.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello, we appreciate your feedback. and thank you for choosing First American as your home warranty provider. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Frank

They've been responsive to my requests. Recently I had a pool pump begin to die and I called them and it was fixed within a week and replaced a brand new unit in one visit. It was a good experience. They have been responsive and quick in their service.

Carla

They've always responsed promptly to any claim we entered and the companies they have sent have all been excellent. Recently, something went out on the furnace and the people responsed within the day and they were here within another day so they had a prompt service call. The service has always been excellent.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate your review, Carla.

N

They are very responsive. I'm using it today for an electrical problem and it's getting fixed right now. I had had other problems with rats and they don't cover rats and theu don't spray outside. Otherwise, I've had a good experience with them.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello N. Thank you for your feedback.

May. 29th, 2019

They came once and helped us. I was happy and they have reasonable prices. They help with everything from the drier to the dishwasher. They are really helpful. I like the people who are working with them because they fixed it and sent another one without taking any money.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Matthew

I needed to use it for a dishwasher for my air conditioning and for my furnace. First American was very good and contacted someone immediately. Some of the people that First Ameriance contracts with are less than disrable and their ability to take care of your case and they aren't able to come to your home. The furnace wasn't working and it was in January. I had to wait a week. I spent a day working going back and forth between the company and First American to get someone to come out.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Matthew. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad your furnace has been repaired. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Robert

It has been a trying time for us. We want to thank you for all your help.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Robert, Thank you for sharing your review with us! We look forward to being there for you, should you ever need us again.

May. 2nd, 2024

Bonnie

Very quick on getting the information for someone to come out to see what the problem is.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Bonnie, We appreciate you taking a moment to share your review!

Apr. 3rd, 2024

Jonna Ennis

First American was great at following up with us after we bought our home and throughout the year.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Jonna, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review with us!

Apr. 1st, 2024

Robert

The only issue is if it's an emergency, it usually still takes a few days. We can live with that.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Robert, Thank you for sharing your review with us. We have a process when evaluating and determining an outcome for our customers, and do our best to keep this process moving forward until resolved. We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future!

Mar. 20th, 2024

Jaden Paul

Its been over 4 months and our ice maker is spilling all over and making a block of everything. First American Home Warranty has done nothing but assign new people who say there's nothing sees they can do

William Hurst Memphis, TN

Some covered items were rebuilt instead of replacing them. Swimming pool motor has been rebuilt twice instead of replacing it.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

William, Thank you for taking a moment to share your review. We look forward to being there for you, should you ever need us again!

Mar. 6th, 2024

Luis Zendejas

This company is a scam. You're not only wasting your money buying their policy, but you are also paying for their sub-contractors to do their dirty work. When they send somebody, they are not there to help you, they are there specifically to find a way to deny your claim, so it is at no cost for First American Home Warranty and thir vendor gets free money just for showing up. I submitted a claim for a garage door that does not open when it gets barely cold, I live in the Bay Area so it is not that it snows in my city, the motor would not even react when you press the button, this is clearly an electronic or electrical issue with the motor. Well, their vendor came, took a picture of the old rollers said something about sending somebody later to fix the problem and left. Next day I got the 'resolution' saying that the garage door doesn't work because the rollers are old and that one popped out, but clearly works during the day as soon as it get warmer, so their vendor is either unqualified or it was never their intention to fix anything, you just paid them to find a justification to deny your claim. When I challenged their assessment, they said they will not look at the motor until I replace the rollers and balance the door, and that if I want a second opinion I can pay for it and I won't be reimbursed even if an independent contractor disagrees with their assessment. Save your money, don't feed these scammers, the cost of their policy and individual payments of their visits will easily cover 3 common repairs in your house, repairs they would never do for you, that's why they are profitable.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Luis, according to our records, your home warranty contract became effective on January 17, 2024. On February 19, 2024, you placed a claim for three garage door openers indicating two would not open at all and the third was working intermittently. Aces Garage Door Repair & Installation (Aces Garage) was dispatched and reported the door on the right was getting stuck which was caused bad rollers and cracked gear casings, and the door itself was warped with dry rot. Aces Garage also advised the garage door, and its opener system would not have passed a visual inspection, and the failure was pre-existing to the start of your coverage with us. For the middle door, Aces Garage indicated the garage door opener itself was functional; however, the door was warped and out of balance, and the rollers were popping out. Regarding the left garage door opener, Aces Garage noted the garage door opener itself was functional but one of the cables was missing and another had snapped off. Under the provisions of your home warranty contract, under Important and the Garage Door Openers sections, respectively, items must be in safe working order at the start of coverage, and rollers, adjustments, and the garage door itself, which includes the cables, are specifically identified as not covered. Therefore, we denied coverage for the repair of all three garage door openers.

Apr. 19th, 2024

Finus Hiatt Seattle, WA

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!I CALLED TO FILE A CLAIM GOT INTO A HEATED DISCUSSION TOLD THEM I WAS GOING TO TALK TO MY ATTORNEY. I GET A EMAIL SAYING I HAD CANCED MY COVERS WHICH I DIDN'T. I CALLED THEM THEY LIED TO ME SAYING I LEFT A VOICE MAIL REQUESTING TO CANCELING MY COVERAGE. I HAVE SINCE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH ARKANSAS STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL

Hello Finus,

We would like to apologize for any inconveniences and delays you experienced during the handling of your contract concerns. Upon review, we contacted you to discuss these issues and determined you did not want to reinstate your home warranty contract coverage at this time.

Thank you.

Dec. 1st, 2023

Lee Hart Surprise, AZ

I’ve only used the service once in the past. It provided services as expected. Fair price for a comprehensive quality service plan.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Lee, Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us!

Oct. 26th, 2023

Robert Santa Maria, CA

I have not been very complimentary for i have not received any official word from First American staff. The mishandled my email and i cannot access my email. All my correspondence has been through the contractor. I don't think that is a good business practice.

Dale Sacramento, CA

HELLO!!! YOU REPLACED OUR DEAD MICROWAVE OVEN WITH A NEW MODEL THAT WE CANNOT OPEN THE DOOR [ BECAUSE OF POOR DESIGNING]!!! I AM CONSIDERING PURCHASING ANOTHER MICROWAVE OVEN THAT HAS AN EASY TO WORK DOOR MECHANISM!!! IT'S INFURIATING TO WATCH MY POOR WIFE DO BATTLE WITH HER NEW OVEN!!! PLEASE HELP US!!! THANKS AND JESUS LOVES YOU!!!

Fati Mosley Durham, NC

Overall the warranty company has been worth the money. I've had two appliances replaced and the one year I let part of the policy lapse I regretted that decision.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Fati, We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us!

Sep. 6th, 2023

Joyce Giattino Davenport, FL

basically ive had good experiences with fahw but my last episode my electrical problem was denied and they never called me to let me know...when the contractor came he told me...then i had to pay him full price to fix my flourencent lite.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Joyce, We appreciate you taking the time to share you review with us. We do see that this light fixture was not covered under your contract. We hope the next time you may need us, you will give us another chance to meet your needs.

Nov. 9th, 2022

Tammy Lopez Banta, CA

Great value and good service, Have recommended to family and friends for the last 5+ years. I have never had an issue that cannot be resolved have been with First American home warranty for over 10 years

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Tammy, We appreciate you taking the time to share your five star review with us. We are honored that you have recommended First American Home Warranty for the last five years! We know how many choices you have when deciding on a home warranty company, and we are glad you chose us.

Nov. 1st, 2022

Theresa D Herring Tyler Fresno, CA

i have been with this company for years and have always found them to be excellent from the phone call to report a need to the completed repair I'm sharing and i do refer family and friends

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Theresa, Thank you for sharing your review with us! It is wonderful to know that you recommend us to family and friends. We know how many choices you have when deciding on a home warranty company, and we are glad you chose us.

Sep. 30th, 2022

Herb Reeve Guthrie, OK

My wash machine went out the first American called a service man he come out and looked at it and decided that they need to be replaced with a new one I got a new one installed it's working very good

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Herb, We appreciate you taking time to share your review! It is great to know that we were able to provide you with a replacement appliance. We know how many choices you have when deciding on a home warranty company, and we are glad you chose us.

Sep. 30th, 2022

Peache Michael Battle Ground, WA

My refriderator replacement took several months and this was shocking and a horrible challenge. replacement brands are not the best but the cash out option is an acceptable alternative; I apply the cash payout to the brand or style preferred

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Peache, Thank you for taking time to share your review! We are glad that we were ultimately able to have this claim resolved for you. We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future.

Oct. 3rd, 2022