First American Home Warranty

7.5

Marva Glendora, CA

We've kind of used it a lot of times, I had a water leak and a few electrical issues, and they were quick in sending someone out. They're professional. The only negative thing is when I get a service provided that can't do the work and it seems like the should come up with an alternative vendor when that type of thing happens.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Marva for your review.

Aug. 9th, 2019

After reviewing warranty options online, I found First American Home Warranty. They've always been responsive to my needs. Sometimes they take longer than I wanted to get service, but generally I've been very pleased. I've had a number of problems with my dryer. In each case they don't have a specific agent and they've authorized me to find my own. Then I'm quickly reimbursed for any cost.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, we appreciate it.

Aug. 7th, 2019

Judy Pittsboro, NC

I used the warranty twice once for the water heater leaking. They came and replaced the water heater then told me they needed to do some upgrades to bring the water heater up to code. I had to pay extra for that then they said they needed to install a pressure regulator because my water pressure was too high and so there was another service charge for that. Another time they repaired an electrical problem I had in a very short time. It's hard to get through to them but when you do I think they are pretty customer focused.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Judy for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate it.

Jun. 20th, 2019

Todd

Getting a home warranty through First American was one of the best financial decisions I've ever made. For the cost they cover a lot and are true to the contract. Customer service has always been very professional and helpful. A great service that has paid for itself many times over..

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Todd, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Jul. 2nd, 2019

Bullock Stephanie

Overall, I am pleased with the service provided. I appreciate the flexibility to request a cash out, versus having an appliance repaired. The added benefit of having the option to take a cash out so that I can upgrade my appliance when it has been deemed unrepairable.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Bullock, thank you for your review.

Jun. 27th, 2019

Rebecca Villa Rica, GA

Customer service is always willing to answer questions and help out when you have problems. They always respond in a timely manner. I had a backed up toilet and they got it cleared up the next day. They do a good job for a great value.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate your review, Rebecca.

Michael The Lakes, NV

Every time I call them, they come through with somebody right away and try to fix the problem. It is simple, you call and they come. I used it for the garage opener and the guy came the next day and replaced it within the hour.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a smooth claim process and appreciate your continued trust in us.

Oct. 18th, 2021

David Maryville, TN

I'm in real estate and I always tell people to go with first American. Recently I needed to use my warranty because my refrigerator went on the fritz and it saved me a thousand dollars. Customer support always is prompt and works with me to get me what I need.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate it.

Brian Arlington, TN

Several times I have used First American Home Warranty and it's always a good experience. They respond quickly. There is always room for improvement but they seem to get somebody out there quickly and they have a good quality of supplier and the work always seems to be high quality. My water heater was leaking the last couple of weeks and I had a good experience with First American and the vendor that came out.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank your Brian for your review.

Christopher Carrollton, TX

So far they seem to provide a good service, we haven't had any problems yet so we keep renewing. One of their plumbers we had problems with, it was very difficult to work with and First American was good and intervened and we got the work completed finally. I wish it was easier to get a new company from the beginning and there was more choices in my area.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Christopher for your feedback.

Mario Alpharetta, GA

First American has a lot of good tech people available to fix the problem and plumbing and electrical etc. Their phone people are knowledgeable and serviceable and I like the way the speak to the customer. I don't have any bad comments, I hope they continue the same way and I plan to buy it again.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Mario. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate it.

Patrick Waynesville, OH

It was a part of what the seller offered us as a part of the home sale. Their responsiveness is very good and the offer us a good deal by just having to pat the copay. Our plumbing was backed up and it was taken care of for a reasonable price.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Patrick, we appreciate your feedback.

Pat El Mirage, AZ

My realtor recommended First American. The one claim we have put in was expedited very rapidly and the service was excellent. It was almost perfection. Paying for a new garage opener would be a lot more than what I pay for the service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Pat for your review and for choosing First American.

Ruby Grifton, NC

The gentlemen that came out to do the work for me last time I didn't have any problems with. We came in and fixed the problems and job he had to do and he was gone. I think I got a call the next day or even the same day and then he was out here the next day.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Ruby! We are so happy to hear things went so quickly and smoothly with your claim. We look forward to servicing your next claim.

Michael Huntington, WV

First America has been really good to take care of use when we have had to call a few times. We have had to use them several times. I think our most recent was that our air conditioning had gone out and they couldn't come for a couple of days. When they were able to come, they called and got me in touch with the company.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Michael. Thank you for your review and we apologize about the delay. We are happy to hear that everything went smoothly after that.

Louis Belton, TX

I had a septic system problem and they came out. Although they did not have someone that works on the septic system, I had to find somebody and I paid for it and First American reimbursed me. I like First American Home better than several of the other companies that I've had in the past and I'm more than likely to pick them up again at the end of this term.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Louis. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and let us know how we are doing. We apologize that we didn't have an in-network contractor available to service. We appreciate your understanding and hope to continue to service your home in the future.

Nealson Brooksville, FL

They already got back to me within 24 hours as promised and a technician came out and did the job for less than the other competitors so I was satisfied. Last month I got an issue with the garage door breaking so they came out for that.

George Anderson, SC

Very courteous and prompt and answered any questions that I had. Our dishwasher was not draining. I called them up that day and had a technician scheduled that afternoon. Everything went smooth. He showed up on time when he was supposed to and everything worked out great.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi George. We are happy to hear that your dishwasher was repaired in a timely manner. We look forward to servicing your next claim.

Francis

They've always been responsive. We've used it for several things. We called and they called the proper companies like plumbers or electricians or whatever. And they reschedule an appointment and they came right away so everything was good. Everything in your house is covered so everything gets taken care of.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Francis, we are happy to hear you see the value in your home warranty. We look forward to servicing your next claim.

Margaret

They have really good follow up in their service. I've used it twice. The garage door opener wasn't working so they rectified that. The dryer wasn't working but there's nothing wrong with it. It might be user error but we are going to rely on what the technician said.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Margaret. We are so happy to hear that your garage door opener was repaired. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Don

I've used it three times. Once for a leak and it was repaired. Once for the dishwasher and it was almost repaired but still slightly leaks and I'll just live with it. I can put a bucket underneath the door. The other time was for a garbage disposal being jammed and it was fixed. They respond to any request.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Don. We are concerned to hear about your dishwasher still leaking. Can you please call our Customer Service line and tell them about the situation?

Jo

I've used the warranty numerous times. We had to use it recently for our pool pump and the gentleman fixed it and everything's fine. We've had some technicians that came out that were bad. I did speak with the manager about pest control which was not very friendly or nice. I would suggest more empathy from the people and managers that customers speak to. I actually had to hold for thirty minutes to speak to him.

Larry

We just used our warranty on our dishwasher and we called in and said we needed a repair and they sent someone out and fixed it. I've had several occasions to use the home warranty on refrigerators and dishwashers and appliances. It's very successful. They were responsive, successful, took care of the problem, and were generous.

Kevin

Very responsive and quick to get to people out to work on repairs as needed. They do an excellent job. Most of the technicians have been excellent. A couple have had to change one item and then came back a week later and make two trips to fix the problem.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you, Kevin for the response. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Larisa

I can always reach a representative. My air conditioning unit went out and it was very quick and they fixed everything. I like that the customer service is easy to reach. The people are polite and there are professionals at any of the contractors.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We are happy to hear your AC was fixed just in time for summer!

Sharon

If you call them, they call the contractor out and fix the problem. We use the warranty all the time actually. We have an older house. I just put it in an email what we need to be fixed and they send the contractor. They call us within twenty four hours and come fix it and off we go. They are timely and professional and they resolve everything.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi, Sharon. We are happy to hear that you are utilizing the benefits of your contract! We are happy to be of service.

Sheila Miller

The app was easy and convenient to request the services. Called when they said they would. Not a long wait. Worked around my schedule and you can request services online easily! Fairly priced as well. Both the monthly payment and the services!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Sheila. Thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Jun. 11th, 2019

Anthony

They came with the purchase of the home and they have performed well since then. They've been responsive to each request and it is easy to submit requests. Everything has gone well. Service is prompt and adequate. Some of their contractors weren't up to doing the job the first time but most have been resolved.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Anthony for your review.

Christina

Most of the time, the service is really good and get things done quick. I have been in my home for months and had to call them three or four times and they have been pretty good at getting things done for me. The first time I needed something with my dishwasher and they got someone out here right away, which was really good, but the second time, it took several days before somebody came.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Christina, we appreciate your feedback.

Valerie

The last time I had plumbing issues, First American Home Warranty came and repaired the problem. I was really happy with the service, it is the best out there. I've had it for a long time and they're pretty dependable. They go all the way to do certain things without even charging you.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Valerie, we appreciate your review.

Kelli

My mom and my sister both had it and liked First American. They have provided us with good service and always sent someone right away that was qualified and do a good job. When they tried to fix out garbage disposal but couldn't, they replaced it. Customer service is quick to get back with us and get somebody to us.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Kelli. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback!

Janessa

I recommend them almost daily. Someone is always available in customer service. We called in for a claim and it was handled promptly. My only complaint is there is no follow up from First American and they didn't relay information to the contractor.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Janessa for your review.

Cesar

I greatly appreciate what they do. They are very responsive and knowledgeable and go above and beyond to make sure my needs are taken care of. I love the simplicity of being able to log in and get through and their responses have always been really quick and great.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Cesar for your review, we appreciate it.

Robbie

I think it is a good deal, especially if you have been in your home for a lengthy period of time. They were very quick with their responses and they have somebody out pretty much immediately. I have used them twice and so far it is pretty amazing.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Robbie. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review.

Anonymous Idaho Falls, ID

First American Home Warranty is an outstanding company. I've had to use them a number of times and they sent people right away and it was all settled beautifully. They are very efficient and they have a good telephone system, the people are very polite and speak clearly and are fluent in English.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. It is fantastic to know that you were provided five star service.

Oct. 18th, 2021

Nyda Bountiful, UT

I think they are trustworthy. They've always been really good about providing the service when needed. I've had two instances in the last month where I've used them. I was okay with what they did with my electric range but not my water heater because I didn't hear from them for over a week for an appointment. It would be nice to have the option to choose your own people.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Nyda, thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Cheryl Clinton, MS

Extremely responsive. The 6 times I needed to use them, I was able to get a response in a timely manner. I wasn't happy with one contractor that showed up but the next time I was happy. I find the agents to be very knowledgeable of what is covered in my plan and they are also very empathetic.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Cheryl. Thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Heather Austin, TX

I call customer support a lot and I am always able to talk to somebody and they try to at least help with our problems. Most of our issues have been taken care of quickly except the heating and dishwasher took a long time. It took a month to get the dishwasher done and I think it could have been much quicker but every time I called First American, they were very helpful and tried to get it moving. I think there should be quicker communication and they should check in with their customers to see where the contractors are.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Heather. We appreciate and value your feedback. Thank you.

Barry Pittsburgh, PA

They always have the right thing. When their usual plumbing company vendor could not repair my bathroom fixtures, I had my own usual plumber fix the problem, and First America Home Warranty reimbursed me completely for my expenses.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate your feedback, Barry. Thank you!

May. 31st, 2019

With electrical plumbing, they cover everything and that's very good. They don't give you any problems. First American Home Warranty is top notch. I would definitely recommend them to anybody. I've been a customer of theirs for the past fourteen years.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello, we appreciate your feedback. and thank you for choosing First American as your home warranty provider. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Frank

They've been responsive to my requests. Recently I had a pool pump begin to die and I called them and it was fixed within a week and replaced a brand new unit in one visit. It was a good experience. They have been responsive and quick in their service.

Carla

They've always responsed promptly to any claim we entered and the companies they have sent have all been excellent. Recently, something went out on the furnace and the people responsed within the day and they were here within another day so they had a prompt service call. The service has always been excellent.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate your review, Carla.

N

They are very responsive. I'm using it today for an electrical problem and it's getting fixed right now. I had had other problems with rats and they don't cover rats and theu don't spray outside. Otherwise, I've had a good experience with them.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello N. Thank you for your feedback.

May. 29th, 2019

They came once and helped us. I was happy and they have reasonable prices. They help with everything from the drier to the dishwasher. They are really helpful. I like the people who are working with them because they fixed it and sent another one without taking any money.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Matthew

I needed to use it for a dishwasher for my air conditioning and for my furnace. First American was very good and contacted someone immediately. Some of the people that First Ameriance contracts with are less than disrable and their ability to take care of your case and they aren't able to come to your home. The furnace wasn't working and it was in January. I had to wait a week. I spent a day working going back and forth between the company and First American to get someone to come out.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Matthew. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad your furnace has been repaired. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Sandra Phoenix, AZ

Customer Review Video

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Sandra, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! It is wonderful to know that we have been able to be there for you when you have needed it most. We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future.

Apr. 20th, 2023

IRMA Oakland, CA

It is not easy wanting to speak with a customer service rep. Do you even have one? The process of getting an order placed is pretty easy. Although when you need to explain a problem, there is no one to speak to.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Irma, Thank you for your feedback. Our Customer Service team is available to assist you any time of day by contacting us at 800-992-3400. We look forward to being there for you, the next time you may need our assistance.

Mar. 20th, 2023

John Del Mauro

My recent experience was one of the worst I've had with any company. It took over 10-days to get a simple fix on my refrigerator costing me hundred's in ruined food. The customer service team continually fabricated dates and facts and never returned a phone call. If I had not reached out on a daily basis, I would still be awaiting repairs. You should be ashamed of yourselves...

Crystal Lee Ann Paselk Costa Mesa, CA

I haven't had many issues going wrong in my home but when I do FAHW responds quickly and issues are resolved quickly.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review! We look forward to being there for you the next time you may need us.

Dec. 29th, 2022

Susan Rambo Las Vegas, NV

Our first and only experience was not handled well at first, but bringing it to the attention of the right person resulted in a good experience.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Susan, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that we were able to be there for you when you needed it most.

Dec. 19th, 2022