First American Home Warranty

7.8

Linda Waters Moreno Valley, CA

They've been good, on time, had great techs, & good price for my budget & provided what they promised.

Apr. 23rd, 2021

Patricia A Lush Sacramento, CA

Been good to me, but wait time is longer than expected from contractors.I haven’t had to use them for awhile, which I appreciate

Minaz Aldulaimi Tucson, AZ

They came to check my issue in a timely manner, took care of the problem with giving me a ton of excuses.

Elizabeth Nathanson Margate City, NJ

The company is very good when you can speak to an agent/representative. The problem is in finding one in a reasonable amount of time.

D J Redus Bryant, AR

Have had them on two other occasions and 3 claims. They always gave us good service and good contractors.

Mike Bonfiglio Ellerbe, NC

I have had a policy with First American for at least 7 years now. For whatever reason, they have been miserable the previous 3 [of 7] years. I'll tell you about one incident in particular. In the beginning of March I filed a claim to have my upstairs (two-zone) air conditioner fixed because it was not blowing cold air. About a week later, the assigned company comes out and he inspected my A/C unit. The technician determined the relay switch needed to be replaced, but it had to be ordered. A few week later the technician comes back out and he changes the relay switch. However, the A/C still was not working. Therefore, the technician determined the compressor needed to be replaced. I got three (3) emails from First American regarding the replacement of the compressor after the technician made his recommendation to First American. The first email was April 1, and it indicated they were reviewing the contractor's notes. The other two emails came on April 5. One email authorized the repair and the second email said they [First American] ordered the compressor. I later came to find out, from the technician himself, that First American orders the parts, not the contractors. Per the technician, First American did not order a factory (original) part. It was a compressor that operator/sounded completely different [compared the the original compressor that broke and the original compressor on the downstairs unit]. As a matter of fact, the part they ordered was missing pieces and the technician had to leave the job site to purchase the parts he needed to complete the job. Between 2-3 weeks later, I called the assigned contractor because I had not heard from them, despite the First American email saying the compressor was ordered. However, I did not get an answer (there was a consistent pattern of the contractor never answering the phone, which resulted in he and I playing "telephone tag.") so I left a message. He called me later on the same day and scheduled an appointment for the next day. This is where it gets good. The technician came out and replaced the compressor, thus fixing my upstairs A/C unit. I actually think the technician.... and the technician alone... did a fantastic job. So, the job was finished and the technician came up to me and said he needed to collect $300. I thought he was joking, but he was serious. Apparently, First American was billing me $300 for out of pocket expenses that no one ever told me about.... ever. Not in an email, or in the work order, or a phone call, or any other form of communication. Per First American's FAQ section on their website, "...First American or the contractor will communicate this information and the associated costs." That never happened. I called the company and spoke to a supervisor about 5 minutes after the technician left. After being on hold for 20 minutes, I finally got her on the line. Per the supervisor, the only way I'd be able to get my $300 back was for them to send the contractor company back to my house and un-do all of the work they did. I said, "Fine, do that." That was a week ago and I still haven't heard anything from them. I just filed my complaint with the Better Business Bureau. If they can not help me to get my $300 back, then I have other avenues I intend to take.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Mike. Thank you for your review. We have sent you a message for additional information.

May. 7th, 2021

Jeff Willis, TX

Great service and fast!! Always on top of your request. If a company can’t make it out to you, they immediately contact someone who can.

Mar. 25th, 2021

Karen Kiehne Campbell, CA

When I call I talk to a human being who can answer all my questions quickly. Easy to renew policy. Very responsive to repairs.

Mar. 25th, 2021

Tom Allen Rosenberg, TX

I have used several different warranty companies and First America has been the most responsive to review and handle any problem.

Mar. 4th, 2021

DONALD SALAIS Victoria, TX

Because you don't let the buyer pick his/her company to work on your house. You pick someone 2 1/2 hours away and can't get service done for 2-3 days!!!!!

Mar. 2nd, 2021

Alex Anastasiadis Sedona, AZ

overall service but also because of latest service from your representative, Jaime H. who was extremely helpful and professional.

Iris Richmond, VA

Always come through when I need them. The use experienced and reliable contractors. Contractors are professional and quality materials.

Bernice J Horwitz Saint Louis, MO

anytime i needed them they were there. PRICE AND VALUE WELL WORTH THE MONEY. ALSO PEACE OF MIND KNOWING COULD COUNT ON FAH.

Mary Anne Madden Redding, CA

My refrigerator stopped working. They responded quickly and set up an appointment with the repair company. They also followed up on the service call.

Bonnie J Searles Summerfield, NC

I've always been happy with the quick response to the problems I've had. The service people they are contracted with have been top notch.

Paul Marble Falls, TX

3 service. I live in a rural area and have had issues this service. First American finds the providers for me at a reasonable cost.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Feb. 5th, 2021

Tip Boulder, CO

I've had the warranty for years (I believe since 2014 or so) and hardly use any of their service (good thing I guess). But my recent service request is a nightmare. It's a toilet leak from my unit (I live in a condo) to my neighbor's downstairs. I understand that I need to get a quote and authorization before the work started. The rep is VERY slow to respond my questions. And in the middle of the claim they switched my rep to someone else! who also does NOT return my calls nor my messages online (why do they have a message portal feature if nobody is checking it?!!). They allowed me to use outside contractor and I am following their required steps to a T. Anyway, now they're having a problem with fixing the drywall of my neighbor's unit because it's not my unit! Well, that's not what I was told earlier. It's a part of the leak problem. If it's within my unit, they would have covered. So, what is the difference!? I asked many times how the drywall will be fixed after the plumber fixed my toilet leak (which he has done that). And the first rep told me that First American will be sending someone to patch the drywall. So, I don't understand why it is a questionable item now. And now again with the calls back and forth... on hold waiting for a supervisor to talk to me and still nothing! For a simple toilet leak the work (not by the plumber but because of the steps I have to follow) takes more than a month!?!?! This is ridiculous!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Tip. We appreciate your feedback. We have messaged you for additional information.

Apr. 17th, 2021

Jane Anne Hayber Greensboro, NC

You have sent idiots that didn't know what they were doing & I'm left stranded even longer; you have not paid them when I have paid you - and they demand their money....like I have double payment money lying around. VERY IRRITATING. Getting an appt time when I'm at home and not at work VERY DIFFICULT.

anthony q major

Outstanding service, every time I have had a problem, it's taken care of in a timely manner, I highly recommend them, especially if you are a home owner!!!

Linda Pahrump, NV

There always there to help when I call they find me some to help right away they save time n moneythe co. They find are good about getting a hold of you as soon as possible

Patricia A Richards Chico, CA

Quick response to service needs, usually within 24 to 48hrs I receive a call from repair company scheduling a service call. Repairs done in timely manner.

Deborah Harris Helotes, TX

The company they have a contract with for ac and heating, Air Force 1 is horrible! The techs display 0 knowledge, sympathy, or empathy. I had to go to an outside company for repairs. They removed a damaged part, ordered a new part then took 4 unsuccessful visits and I still had to get an outside company to repair my system. Air Force one had the gall to try to sell a product I did not need prior to the repair! Other contractors under them 5 stars then they leave first america. I wonder why..

Robert Neumuller

They are very good at responding to my request, however, when a unit must be replaced, their replacement is usually inferior to the unit being replaced and so they get away with paying out a fraction of the actual equivalent replacement cost.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Robert. Thank you for your review. We determine the replacement based on similar features, efficiency and capacity to your current unit and cash payments are based upon our negotiated rates with our suppliers which may be less than retail. You may refer to your contract under Limits of Liability for additional information.

Dec. 22nd, 2020

Melissa Goyer

Personable. Friendly, quick responses. Anytime i have had to use them, they were quick to get someone to respond. I have tried others and no one beats AHW

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review Melissa!

Dec. 18th, 2020

BOBBY BUTLER

I had to wait four weeks to have my ice maker repaired, then it didn't work so I had wait two more weeks for a 2nd repair which also did not repair the icemaker. After that they offered me a replacement refrigerator that was no where close to the refrigerator I have. It laqked many of the features on m,y refrg. I took the buy out instead.

Pat

Only one claim but had help right away with a great technician who explained how to get more efficient results by adding a phone app and new equipment available anywhere.

Dec. 9th, 2020

Louis Szuch

Excellent service for over 15 years. I had had plumbing issues, electrical issues , and appliance issues. All have been taken care of quickly and professionally

Dec. 9th, 2020

Karl Waters

Always great service very reliable,always helpful. The price of the contract is very reasonable I feel comfortable with first American home they don't leave you hanging

Nov. 23rd, 2020

Sue Corradetti

I've had good experience with them. I was especially pleased when they replaced my microwave oven, making sure it was a convection oven as well as a microwave oven.

Nov. 23rd, 2020

Jeanette Kaczorowski

The reason is that I had a lot of moving parts on my closing of my house. They made adjustments left and right and worked efficiently and fluidly. I would recommend to anyone either buying or selling a home to use them.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Oct. 27th, 2020

ADP

They actually respond quickly to claims. They have saved us a lot of money repairs needed on the home we bought. Good communication too. This is a huge contrast to other warranty companies we have had.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Oct. 9th, 2020

Karen Pruett Long Beach, CA

I used re-key my locks on my new home. That transaction was fine. A month later, I had problems with my water heater and American Home Warranty said they would take care of it. Since I am a new home owner, my realtor called back and Home Warranty did not take care of it. Your staff does not know what is covered.

Sep. 21st, 2020

Gabriel Cordova, TN

I just started my contract with them and so far everything has been good. I haven't reported any issues thus far but as of now the Customer Service has been quite good. No complaints currently.

Sep. 21st, 2020

Mistaree Charleston, WV

Although things were a bit bumpy getting started, we have had positive experiences with our referral companies. The time between putting in a request and getting a response is minimal. We have have reputable companies with competent workers. So far we are very happy that we have First American Home Warranty on our side.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Ishita Bhaumik Laguna Hills, CA

They are good but I have problem with their updating of their customer's renewal of policy in their automated answering. I had cancelled their policy about 3yrs ago, then reinstated it within a couple of months, but the answering auto phone doesn't recognize my policy. I have reminded their Customer service again and again for last couple of years but no, it has not yet corrected it.

Deborah Memphis, TN

I have never had an issue. They have always been there to take care of my issues in an efficient and quick manner. I have not had an issue with any of the companies doing my repairs.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Aug. 26th, 2020

Bryce Cunningham Edmond, OK

First America Home Warranty in order to provide overall trustworthinessIn and to help consumers identify solutions please reach out. A vague sense of what you can help with is needed upgraded and improved upon to be understood and to achieve our desidred service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Aug. 19th, 2020

Mark Toano, VA

Solid coverage, however their customer support is sometimes hard to work and hard to understand. They also don't seem to track dispatched contractors leaving it to he homeowner to deal with contractors who don't show up or change their appointment at the last minute after the customer has had to wait for more than a week.

Aug. 13th, 2020

Mandy Matthews Stephenville, TX

After being in our home for 1 week, the hot water heater went out. I called set up a service call online. There was no one locally to service our needs and we went 4 days without hot water. There were multiple calls to the call center, 2 different businesses scheduled, and then conveniently overbooked and didn't bother to call us and tell us they were not coming. It was incredibly frustrating. Repair services do not want to spend 1 hour or more driving (one way) to Stephenville, TX when they can stay in the metroplex and make more money. Please secure local businesses to service the needs of your customers. I gave 2 stars because of the nicest call center representative that tried for almost an hour to locate an alternate provider after we had a no show. He could not locate anyone that was willing to show up soon.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Mandy, We apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during the handling of your claim, and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, as we are always looking for ways to better our service and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process. At this time, our records indicate that the service request for your water heater has been cancelled as the unit has been repaired. Thank you,

Aug. 10th, 2020

Frank Fasola Williamstown, NJ

Never any problems with warranty Never any problems with payment always answer the car and ready to help this is a great company I would recommend them highly they have exceeded my expectations

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate the feedback. Have a great day.

Aug. 6th, 2020

Amelia Ross-Hammond Virginia Beach, VA

I was promised a dishwasher replacement and the new one has not arrived

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Amelia for your review.

Jul. 1st, 2021

Matthew Easterbrook Atascadero, CA

Very nice and wonderful customer service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Matthew for your review.

Jun. 21st, 2021

Rice Burleson, TX

Always prompt to provide service and courteous and helpful

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Rice for your feedback.

Jun. 21st, 2021

Patti McWherter-Belew Bakersfield, CA

Very quick to help and get my problems solved

Thank you Patti!

John Wilson Ironton, OH

Service took to long. I had to take 5 separate days off work even after I was told it would be replaced and the appliance isn't working 100%

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello John. Thank you for your review. We have requested additional information from you.

Lucille B Chacon San Jose, CA

Friendly and efficient. They are always accommodating.

Thank you Lucille.

Mary H Oklahoma City, OK

Great service providers are sent out in a timely matter.

Thank you Mary!

Joshua Johnson Greer, SC

Fast scheduling with First American home warranty.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Joshua. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Michael E Darling La Palma, CA

Flawless service. Easy to process claims.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback Michael.

Gary Grange Golden, CO

Knowledgable techs and good communication.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thanks Gary for your feedback.