First American Home Warranty

7.8

Joseph DiNorscia Houston, TX

Timely response. Just less coverage than hoped, even with Premium Plan and First Class Upgrade.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Joseph. We appreciate your feedback. Have a great day.

Jun. 8th, 2021

Regina Sargent Waldorf, MD

Everything went well. The only issue was one of the parts was on back order.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback Regina.

Jun. 8th, 2021

WJB Victorville, CA

Process for claims was somewhat confusing. It took a long time to complete process.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback WJB.

Jun. 4th, 2021

Faith Mitchell Jacksonville, AR

Never a problem receiving service! Always on time! Parts ordered if needed.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Great to hear, Faith. Thank you!

May. 25th, 2021

George Hot Springs Village, AR

All things considered... My only complaint is that the telephone call center personnel do not speak clear English. One would guess that the call center is not a US company and not located in the USA. I would prefer FAHW put Americans to work rather than other countries. My only experience this year took two companies to fix. The first one made three trips and failed to notice that a wire was disconnected. Instead they blamed rodents for eating the insulation. While that did happen, it was not the cause of the problem and they gave up. The second company found a disconnected wire and reconnected it - problem solved. 4 stars only.

Mar. 25th, 2021

Ingrid Pierson Auburn, CA

They have excellent service, but on the higher ticket repairs they allow the contractors to charge so many fees that the repair still becomes too costly. Some are BS fees. Like "The county might require that we have to make changes and bring your system to current standards. Therefore, we need to charge an additional $500." and.... 1st AM won't pay for this... or this... Well, they weren't even around for the county inspection to tell them there needed to be changes. I was the one who had to beg for the HVAC company to send the required docs to get the permit signed off. I was there for the repairs and there was no "county permit required" upgrading done. If First American just allows their sub contractors push extra costs on the insured that's not right. Providing the hardware, that 1st AM buys in bulk straight from the manufacturer is great and I commend them on that business strategy)... .But, limiting the replacement coverage to just direct install and hardware costs leaves the insured holding the bag on the balance of the charges, which are pretty steep. On smaller items, their service is great. But, even with the Eagle Premier package which includes all knobs wheels etc... They wouldn't replace my fan knobs when replacing the fan motor, without the worn out knobs in hand. Nowhere in the policy does it state that you have to have the worn out knobs to get them replaced.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review Ingrid.

Oct. 2nd, 2019

Jolie

As soon as we've had a complaint they've gotten somebody out there to take care of it. They usually get back to us pretty quickly and they do want to know how things are going throughout the entire time. Our oven gave out recently. They had someone come in and check it out. They checked on me every 2-3 days to find out if the part had come on and see if everything has been taken care of.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Jolie for your review.

J

I think they're a good company. I'm in real estate and this one seems to be the best. The people working with you are real good so I've always worked real well with their representatives. Whenever I call them they seem to be very knowledgeable and come out and took care of the problem and did a great job. Very nice and very professional people. They sent someone out same day to fix my dryer drawer.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you J for your feedback, we appreciate it.

Deborah

It would be nice to call and actually get a person. Things don't always fit in their cookie cutter options so you waste a lot of time going in circles before you finally get ahold of someone. The first 2 times my claims went well and they went through efficiently. This morning I tried to create a service for my AC and they were going to dispatch a company that has very poor ratings. I wanted to cancel so I could get a more refundable vendor and they did help with that. I think they need to vet their vendors. I think they need to do a little bit of research about who they're going to be sending out to their customers homes and if those people have a good reputation.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Deborah for your review.

Anonymous Montclair, CA

I have used it a number of times. They got the problems fixed and I haven't had any problems afterwards. They use independent companies that they hire to do different things and most of the time they get it done right away. I'll probably continue to be with them for awhile because I live alone and I can't fix everything myself. I have recommended it to a number of my friends and coworkers already.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing First American.

Aug. 9th, 2019

Patty Morro Bay, CA

It's a great value. I choose to use it on some plumbing issues two weeks ago and they were outstanding, they were very quick and I am a very happy client. I don't like the going to the one eight hundred number because that is a robot and you can't get anybody to talk to. I am constantly emailing my representative or inside people so I can get the service I want. It is difficult to put in a claim on the phone because they're not from America and are hard to understand.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Patty for your review.

Jun. 25th, 2019

Donald Gulf Breeze, FL

I've had good experiences the two times that I have used the First American Home Warranty. Just recently I had the soap sanitizer go out and they came over bringing a new sanitizer and installed it and got it back up and running with very little effort. The person that came over to fix the pool was the same one that came over last year and both times he did a good job fixing the whole filter.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Donald. We appreciate you and your time.

Roy Playa del Rey, CA

Everyone has been very good about getting a repair person here in a timely manner. I've been happy with the people that they send to do the repairs. I needed a dishwasher repair and they ordered the parts and repaired it. It works fine now. I've been happy with the service we've had. We've been with First American for close to twenty five years now.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Roy, thank you for 25 years of being a loyal customer. We are so happy to hear that your claim went smoothly. We look forward to servicing your next claim.

Donna Rescue, CA

They are right on it. They called me to take care of it. I'm surprised it was extremely fast. I called them and told them that something went out and they had someone out here the next day. First American Warranty kept me informed on what people were coming and if I could make it and it was okay. They were just very informative. I didn't have to do anything but a phone call to let him know. Just keep doing what you're doing. Excellent customer service and it's well worth the fees for the policy.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Donna. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate you and your time!

Anonymous Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA

They actually answer the phone in a timely manner. The fan that was not working so they ordered the part. And it took a little longer because the staffing was sick and they had to reorder the part because it was faulty. It took a little longer than we had anticipated. But I was impressed that they kept calling back and checking in with me because other warranty companies do not do that.

Daniel Littlerock, CA

We've had First American Home Warranty for almost fourteen years when we bought our home. We really enjoyed their service and continue with it. They've always been there. They are good people to help you and they get the job done. About two or three weeks ago our kitchen sink backed up and I called them and they were out the next morning and within fifteen minutes it was unlocked. The company they used was very nice and we haven't had a problem since.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Daniel. Thank you for your continued business and for taking the time out of your day to leave this review. We appreciate you and look forward to servicing your next claim.

Rodney

They follow up and make sure that everything is taken care of and I like that. We have used it several times and we've been pleased with the service we have gotten. They always come through on getting everything repaired and they follow up afterwards. I wish they had more people that work for them in our areas. We are in Kentucky and sometimes they've sent people from way up in Ohio. If they had more local people to do the work that would be better.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for the feedback, Rodney. We are always looking for new contractors to join our network.

Corliss

The last time I called and got assistance. They've been extremely helpful. Last week my A/C unit when out and they were extremely helpful. They explained when they would sent people out and they set up an appointment. The guy came out and explained everything to me step by step detailed and everything. He even showed me if we needed to correct the problem again. Customer service allows us to pay the payment online which is really great and it is very affordable and their sales is very knowledgeable of what is going on and very helpful.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for the review, Corliss!

David

We had a couple of stove top repairs. They came and fixed it a couple of times and then decided it was time for a new one so they replaced it. We have had a refrigerator that had to be repaired and they did it. When we have a problem, we call First American and it is handled. They take care of it and follow up with us. If we aren't happy, all we have to do is call you and you handle it.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for the feedback, David. We appreciate you.

Sye

They're pretty good. They don't always follow up but you get call backs for appointments and send me an email saying the appointment was made so that's good. One time my air conditioner stopped working and I called and they sent somebody out. He worked on it and I had to call back a few days later because it started leaking. And that was because the technician didn't get the pan set right so I called another company just to verify. The customer service does a pretty good job. They call and give me what I want or what I need and I usually get a confirmation call no later than the next day so that's a good thing for me.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for the feedback, Sye.

Jun. 17th, 2019

I think they do a pretty good job but it's a little bit hard to manage. Often times there's not someone in our area to use for contracting but I think they try to make it work. We had a refrigerator door that would not automatically shut so we called them and it was one of those times that they didn't have someone on contract for that type of refrigerator but they allowed us to use another contractor. And then there was some discussion about what was going to be covered and what not. The confusing part was I couldn't remember which way it went but they kept talking about what wasn't covered and they didn't seem to match very well. My only other comment was that the booklet that was sent to me seems to be a different version from what the customer service person was talking about in terms of things that are covered and not. There's a very lengthy list of things that aren't covered.

Tony

The home already had First American Home Warranty and we just continued it because it has definitely helped us with things that have broken. Home Warranty is in contact with us when we have a problem to see if the problem has been resolved and if we're satisfied with how it was resolved. We've used it several times for some kitchen appliances and just recently our garage door opener broke. And they came out to fix it. They're just very prompt and courteous. And it seems to me like they want to know if we were satisfied with what was done.

The technician that handled the problem called us and he kept right on top of it, even though it took longer than we had wished but it wasn't their fault. The person they sent out had difficulty with the space. It wasn't quite big enough for the dishwasher but she was right there the whole time. The lady followed up every day and kept us abreast of what was going on.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Las Vegas Homes Network

The customer service is very accommodating. Any questions that I had were answered in an honest opinion from them. My water tank had been going out and I had to call. Within the next day we had an appointment and the following day they were able to just replace it. They were very truthful and accomplished it in the time we talked about. First American Home Warranty is a very good and reliable company.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are happy to be of service.

Josh

Every time we call, I'm able to get in contact with somebody to help us resolve whatever issue we may have. We had our washer go out on us and they immediately got us connected with a tech to come out and look at it and we were able to fully replace it at no charge to use other than the initial fee to have the tech come out. We haven't had to pay really anything out of pocket and we've had three different expensive repairs done for just thirty five dollars each.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Josh. We appreciate you and your time.

Gordon

We had a garbage disposal that wasn't working. They came out and the young man that came out didn't know what the garbage disposal was supposed to do and he said that there was nothing wrong with it. So we let it go and a few months later it got bad and I called again and they sent another person out. He said that the garbage disposal wasn't working and he replaced it. He was in and out in thirty minutes and he did an excellent job.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We are happy to hear you have a new garbage disposal, Gordon. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent claim went.

Mark

I have already recommended it to people. I think their customer service is excellent, every now and again there is a bad connections but often enough it is good. We used it a month ago and they sent a nice gentleman here to check out the washer and it was going to cost more repair than to replace so First American sent use a check and we got a new one. It takes away the hassle of finding a contractor, they do all the legwork.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Mark. Thank you for your review and for choosing First American!

Jun. 3rd, 2019

Anonymous North Fort Myers, FL

It was in the closing paperwork for my house and I have kept it up past the year in case there is something wrong. If something is wrong, I can go online and order it and they fix the problem. They did everything they needed to do and kept me informed by calling. When I used the warranty on the garbage disposal, they sent a plumber and he fixed it. They come promptly, by the next day, and it works out. The plumbing service they sent when the garbage disposal wasn't working was friendly and showed my son how to fix it if it happened again, which was really good.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review.

Jun. 4th, 2019

Irma

I haven't had any issues when filing requests and stuff. I had to file a claim for my garbage disposal but then I ended up fixing the problem myself. Something else then was wrong with it and the company came and they were in and out in like 15 minutes and there were no issues. I've had a home warranty company before and I did not like them. I would call and make a claim and they would say it was covered and then they would send me a bill and say that it wasn't covered. So I didn't want to get another warranty but so far so good.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Irma. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing for First American.

Pam

When we call, they get someone out here pretty quick and we've used them several times and everything's gone pretty good. We have a washing machine that was messed up and we called them out and they fixed it, but not it's messed up again and they're having to come back out again. They do everything they say they're going to do and we've been very happy with them so far. They do everything in a very timely manner and all the employees are very nice and get done what we need them to get done.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Pam for your review.

Donna

They have been absolutely amazing. They were able to quickly respond to calls and the contractors that they use are absolutely fabulous. My washer went out and they went ahead and replaced it. Then my dryer died and they replaced it. And my water heater went out and they placed it. They immediately came out and they've done a lot for us. They respond quickly and their contractors respond quickly. I would recommend First American Home Warranty to almost anybody who buys a house. They're in great hands.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Donna for taking the time to provide us with your review. We are glad to hear your appliances and water heater were replaced. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

May. 29th, 2019

I wanted the double locks changed on the house and they were out there the next day. The person that did it was very cordial and explained what he was doing and the options that I had when there was an extra cost. It was a good experience all around. It was easy to schedule an appointment and I didn't have to wait and extended period of time. Sometimes it can be kind of confusing getting on the correct website and a lot of times you end up on the site for a home warranty search engine instead of the one where you want to get the service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing First American.

Elisa

They were prompt and answered my questions, they send somebody right away which was very helpful. I had to use my warranty a few times actually. We just purchased a home and realized that the dishwasher door wasn't latching properly and the ice maker on our fridge wasn't making ice. The plumber had broken one of the valves into it. They are reasonable, friendly, and hardworking. All the things that I would want in the company to service my home. Keep up the great work.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Elisa, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We appreciate it.

Anne

When the first contract for a repair person did not work out, they imemdiately found another store. I had a refrigerator icemake issue where the water was going all over the inside of the freezer causing stalactites and stalagmites and First American found a vendor to come out and fix the problem but the vendor could not come out for two weeks and when I said that wasn't accetable, First American found another source immediately. They responsed immediately to the concern that I had.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Anne. We appreciate your review. Thank you.

Julianna

Whenever I had a claim, they came pretty fast and they work fast. Another company took forever to get somebody here and they didn't know what they were doing. First American has people that come and fix things and they know what they're doing. I think for my it's most important. I had a plumbing issue and I called First American to put the claim in and they came and fixed it. They always come and professionally fix things and you don't have to think about it.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Julianna. Thank you for your review.

Karla

They are always friendly and overall, I recommend First American. I used it to replace my heater and everything went very well. Everyone is knowledgeable and they have folks from companies in the area that were professional and got the job done quickly. I hope that the service call doesn't keep increasing. Right now it's 70 dollars a call and I hope that it doesn't increase anytime.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Karla. We appreciate your feedback, thank you.

Joyce

We've had a couple of claims and they've been very responsible and quick. There was a couple of issues when we first bought the house. A couple of weeks in, the furnace and heating air conditioning went out and we called them and they sent somebody out to replace the unit so it it took about a week or so. Unfortunately, the contractor that they hired to do it everything talked about buying a new thermostat for three hundred and some dollars and come to find out it was only about thirty dollards and it was the wrong one for the unit. And it wasn't working and we ended up paying like two thousand dollars. We had some other people come out and they were the ones that actually found the issue and told me some of the issues and they got it fixed working great. When I called First American, the first contractor they sent out to us was not reputable and they just basically said too bad, we can't do anything about it.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Joyce. Thank you for the review. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Dennis

I had a problem with the refrigerator ice maker which was part of my warranty package. I called and they sent somebody to me within twenty four hours and they were not able to perform the job on that particular brand of product but they called within the twenty four hour window and First American Warranty found a second vendor and they called and were very prompt. They kept me informed the entire way so the customer service was excellent. They exceeded my expectations.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Dennis for your feedback.

Bill

I found them to be very understanding and very willing to communicate and discuss whatever needs I had and helped me through my situation. I was experiencing difficulties with appliances and they responded by sending the proper people out to diagnose and help resolve the problem or have the product replaced if it was beyond repair. I believe they set some very high standards for other home warranty companies. We've never been disapointed and we feel like they are fair and their pricing is good. We as a family trust Frist American completely.

hatter Portland, OR

I don't like that you have completely automated the filing of a claim. I would like the option to talk to a person.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Hatter. We do appreciate your feedback. We do offer the option to speak with a customer service representative at 1-800-992-3400. Thank you.

Cliff Riley Proctorville, OH

They take care of you and they follow up to make sure the job is done correctly

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Cliff. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Daniel M. Kaplan San Francisco, CA

I did not have to contact them much but when I did, they were incredibly informative and helpful

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Daniel. We appreciate your feedback. Have a great day.

Carol McCorkle Amarillo, TX

Good service & friendly. Affordable, fair in price. Stays with a job until it’s completed.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Carol. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

May. 7th, 2021

Ron l Spartanburg, SC

AC units not working had to wait 1 week for scheduled appointment and was cancelled day of without knowledge due to overbooking tech, rescheduled for 1 week and same thing happened again. Was rescheduled again and no help from First American Warranty. 4 weeks with AC units not working. Unable to speak with management or get satisfaction. Automated system with reps that are no help with resolutions. Sears is their vendor and unable to speak to a person.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Ron. We appreciate your feedback. We has reached out to you for additional information.

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Brandon CA

They are really terrible. I had the AC go out on my condo and they kept scheduling it out to contractors who don’t even work on the building. Each mistake would cause an additional day of no AC delay. I finally had to find my own company yet it still took First American an additional 2 days to approve. I talked to 8 different people and spent 10 hours on the phone. My advice is use another warranty company,

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Brandon. We appreciate your feedback. We have messaged you for additional information.

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Benjamin Shakely Las Vegas, NV

Excellent service. They responded quickly and had someone there right away. Followed up to make the job was completed.

Elizabeth Redding, CA

Efficient and easy to use. I have used them twice so far and they were able to quickly help me with my problems.

Jerry B Sharp Perris, CA

It was hard to understand the CSR, English was not his first language. I'm sorry, but that was mostly the issue on the phone, not the connection.

Linda Waters Moreno Valley, CA

They've been good, on time, had great techs, & good price for my budget & provided what they promised.

Patricia A Lush Sacramento, CA

Been good to me, but wait time is longer than expected from contractors.I haven’t had to use them for awhile, which I appreciate

Apr. 6th, 2021