First American Home Warranty

7.4

Mrs. Anastasia P. Winley Costa Mesa, CA

Most of the time I am able to get service or results in a timely manner, 2-3 days.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us!

Linda Grants Pass, OR

They had someone out to fix my dishwasher problem so quickly.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Linda, It is wonderful to know that we were able to resolve your claim for you!

Teresa Widner McDonald, TN

Fast and professional satisfaction. Feels good to be protected.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Teresa, We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. It is fantastic to know that you have been provided five star service!

Debrin Jenkins Shady Spring, WV

Fridge down since 12/8/2021, no one calls me back to advise why the repairman hasn't contacted me. First American Home Warranty is a scam in my opinion.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Debrin, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We do apologize as it seems there was a delay in shipping when it came to a part that needed to be ordered. We do see that you have an appointment scheduled at this time and look forward to having this resolved for you soon.

Sheila Wilmouth Auburn, WA

So far I've received plenty of communication and had all questions answered.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Sheila, Thank you for your review. It is awesome to hear when our customers are provided with great service!

cindy Fort Mohave, AZ

The company is excellent, never had an issue when I had to call them.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Cindy, We appreciate you taking the time to share your review. It is always great to hear when our customers have a fantastic experience with us!

Vanessa Little Bellflower, CA

Response of service from the service provider took too long for fixing my appliances.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Vanessa, Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate your patience with the contractor as they worked through their appointments. We hope the next time you may need us, we are able to quicken the process for you.

Steven Dowling Milton, FL

Great customer service and 24/7 call center with courteous staff.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Steven, Thank you for putting your trust in us. It is awesome to know you were provided with great customer service!

Clay Eric Cederquist Fowler, CA

I have had my policy only 1 month. So the enrollment information was good.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for putting your trust in us!

Sheila D Genova Grover Beach, CA

I've never turned in a report. mothing wrong with my home yet

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Sheila, Thank you for sharing your review. We will be here for you should you need us in the future!

Kathy Triplett Vicksburg, MS

In the areas related to handling my requests for services, assigning contractors, keeping me updated and every issue related to my service requests... I rate First American at the highest level! However, my only complaint is related to the promotion for referring others to First American. I have referred several customers to First American. However, because the only way that First American tracks referrals is by these individuals following an online link, neither I, nor the other customers were given the benefit rewards of the promotion. Because most new customers are going to opt to call to speak with a representative before they enlist First American’s services, they are not going to utilize the link. I think there should be another way for new customers to tell you who referred them. Otherwise, it gives the appearance that the promotion was never really intended to provide the promised rewards. Because I have been a customer for so long, I do not think this to be the case. However, newer customers might not be convinced.

Apr. 23rd, 2021

Laura Glismann Blue Diamond, NV

I rate my personal contact ROB with 5 stars, and I rate the Plumbing guy VICTOR from Ideal Plumbing with 5 stars. I have to say that the phone service at general customer service needs work. They are lacking comprehensive training. I was on hold too long, one disconnected and did not call back. Chrome would not sign me in, and after changing my password, which I did not want to do, I got signed in on Safari. Once on Safari I could not locate my contract and neither could the gal who helped me on the second phone call. All I could see was a SAMPLE contract. Oh, the CHAT system is useless.

Apr. 23rd, 2021

George Hot Springs Village, AR

All things considered... My only complaint is that the telephone call center personnel do not speak clear English. One would guess that the call center is not a US company and not located in the USA. I would prefer FAHW put Americans to work rather than other countries. My only experience this year took two companies to fix. The first one made three trips and failed to notice that a wire was disconnected. Instead they blamed rodents for eating the insulation. While that did happen, it was not the cause of the problem and they gave up. The second company found a disconnected wire and reconnected it - problem solved. 4 stars only.

Mar. 25th, 2021

William H. Burton, Jr. Barstow, CA

It is only because they have been really good to me as their customer. Each and every time that I may have experienced any problems or issues; they were always opened to be of an excellent help and assistance to our household. That’s why I can honestly say that I would keep them as well as recommend them but most definitely.. I really would keep them with every and I mean all properties that we’ll buy or purchase!

Feb. 24th, 2021

Mark Harrison Dickinson, TX

Never had a problem very professional I've always got the work that I need it in a timely matter I've been with them 14 years and I've never once had a bad representative come out and do shoddy work I'm just very pleased my reasoning prepare the warranty is I don't really miss the $65 a month but if something breaks and I have to come up with five or six hundred or a thousand or even more if I didn't have the warranty that would probably be an issue

Feb. 24th, 2021

Jeffrey Sakson Los Angeles, CA

Until very recently, I would rate them 5 stars, but their customer service has gone down in the past year. This could be related to the COVID epidemic, but it still is frustrating to have to wait for more than 40 minutes for someone to answer your calls. It's extremely frustrating when you've been waiting for more than 40 minutes and then you get disconnected. My most recent experience, in which I had to have my tankless water heater replaced, would have been fine if the new water heater hadn't stopped working the day after it was installed. The plumber that installed it said it was due to an obstruction in our vents, and because vents aren't covered by our warranty, I had to pay $250 for a vent company to check out our vents to tell us that there was nothing wrong with them. We had to go three days without hot water, and I could not get anyone from First American on the phone to explain the situation. Finally, I was able to get the plumbing company to send someone else to check out the water heater and he was able to fix it. It turns out that the error message on the unit did indicate a problem with our vents, but it was an incorrect error message. 3 days without hot water and $250 for nothing. That's on top of the almost $1000 I had to pay extra for installation of the new water heater because it required some extra work not covered by my warranty. Sheesh.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Feb. 5th, 2021

Leon Cistrunk Olive Branch, MS

Excellent work, no complaints. Pay the service fee and watch the repair of the item.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Leon, Thank you for leaving us a five star review! We appreciate your continued trust in us.

Belinda Tillman Sun City, CA

The times I have needed service or have questions they have always helped. Thank you so much.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Belinda, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us!

Evelyn D Breeden Portsmouth, VA

I had problems with my heating unit and they sent a tech and he was fast and efficient

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Evelyn, Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you had a smooth claim process!

DAVID KING JR Memphis, TN

Service came with the house purchase, has been solid each time we've had to use it.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

David, Thank you for sharing your review! We are glad to know that we have been able to be there for you when an issue arises.

MICHAEL ROWLAND Chapin, SC

Have had multiple service calls to repair items and they have saved me hundreds of dollars

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Michael, Thank you for leaving us a five star review and sharing your review with us.

Nicolette Brown Virginia Beach, VA

I had an unresponsive Plumber and the agents didn't care. It took a really long time to get it reassigned and when u call the customer service number its difficult to even get to speak with an agent.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Nicolette. We are terribly sorry for any delays or inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim. At this time, we are aware that your plumbing issues have been addressed and the claim has been closed.

Dec. 18th, 2021

Darrin Braggs Canyon Country, CA

Service was great and problem got fixed service was scheduled same day i did the request

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Darrin, Thank you for putting your trust in us. We are pleased to hear your concerns were resolved quickly.

Dec. 14th, 2021

They've been excellent. I've had them with my house now for almost thirty years. They're there to help and get solutions to whatever is going on. There have been several times that they've actually thought about the response I was given from a vendor and it wasn't right and they questioned it and go second opinions to make sure they were right. They do their research. They don't assume that their vendor is always right. I had a plumbing leak and they took care of it. It was incredible. I had some complications from the vendor and issues and modification charges. They did all the research necessary to get it resolved properly and now the job is done. I'm very happy. First American makes sure you're satisfied when you're done. I've had a couple managers involved because there were things that didn't make sense and the actual sales person couldn't match it so they connected me to a manager that could answer my question and give me good, sufficient answers.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We have requested additional information from you privately, so we can look further into your claim.

Nov. 12th, 2021

Kelsey

When we bought our dream home and the deal was ''' as is'', we planned on needing to make some repairs and find a few surprises so we asked for First American Home Warranty coverage with our contract. Wow, did we underestimate the things that would go wrong with this little place. In the first three years, nearly every major appliance has gone out as well as fans, plumbing, both toilets, and I can''t even remember what else. First American has not refused us? Dropped up, questioned us or anything, they have helped us quickly and politely with every single claim. We would have been lost and financially ruined if we had not had this policy.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Kelsey. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Aug. 6th, 2019

Maryjane Statesville, NC

When my A/C broke down with First American, they fixed it right away and everything and it's running great. There was one little problem though. When the guy replaced the parts up in the attic, they didn't replace the board. I'm happy with the company, it was the vendor's fault. They sent an email and said it needed to get replaced and First American acted right away and put the part on order. I get great service. They're very professional and they come out right away and service and take care of things. It works really fast. I wouldn't change the company. I had another company and when I saw your company and found out what they cover, I was ecstatic and I've been happy every since. They react really fast.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Maryjane. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your claim and appreciate your understanding.

Jun. 17th, 2019

Floyd Memphis, TN

I really like the experience of working with them and not having to deal with the companies that you get your appliances from. This particular time they gave a time in which the company could come and service that item and I had problems with that time and I worked with First American Warranty and let them know and within forty eight hours they called and got me within forty hours of the call. I had problems with my dryer and I thought they would be able to repair it and go from there. The technician came out and serviced the dryer and told me what was wrong with it and then left. After I tried to use the dryer after he left, it wouldn't work. And I called them back and I got aggravated with the time it took for them to come out and reservice it. And it ended up costing me another $75 and I didn't know I was going to have to pay for that because it wasn't part of the actual dryer. First American was great, it was the company that came out of my house that I wasn't excited about.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you, Floyd for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that the assigned contractor did not meet your expectations.

Jun. 17th, 2019

Corinne M St Louis, MO

Having an older house makes having a home warranty a must. I don't know how we would have paid for some of the repairs that we've needed over the years if they hadn't been covered. We have peace of mind knowing that we are protected from catastrophic damage and repairs. Well worth the investment. Occasionally we have to call more than once to get a technician scheduled, but that is really a problem with individual companies and not the fault of First American. Customer service has been wonderful. I don't think we could live in our house without them. We were not solicited for our business. I researched the best coverage and called them. No phone calls or emails asking us to increase coverage or buy other products. We truly could not be happier.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Corinne. Thank you for your review!

Jun. 4th, 2019

tom wilder Nampa, ID

Paid extra for the AC coverage. First of all they give you a 4 hour time the contractor will arrive. They don’t do weekends So you have to take off work. Then they had to come out four times!!! Twice they didn’t do anything!!! So I missed four days of work to meet with their contractors (sears by the way) not a local AC company. They will repair repair repair, you will not get them to replace the unit like they say they will when they sell you the warranty. I had my own independent contractor come out and he said the unit needed to be replaced

Michael Vu Fountain Valley, CA

I have First American Home Warranty (premium coverage). My furnace/heater stopped working last week and only blows cold air. I called to have it fixed. They assigned Kravets company. The guy came first and said there was no gas line and that I needed to contact the Gas Company to have installed. This was false because it previously worked without any problem. I again called FAHW to complain because I believe Kravets filed a false report in order to deny my claim. I requested a different company and they resent the same technician. This time, he said he was wrong and it was a circuit board of the furnace. FAHW called me today and said based on the report, they cannot cover it or repair it. I bought FAHW to exactly cover this kind of problem. I don't know what else they would cover then. Why would anyone buy a home warranty when they can even cover a simple problem like this? I saw their advertisement, "if we can fix, will replace it". Is this a case of false advertisement?

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Michael, First American apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process. At this time, our records indicate that on November 8, 2021, you placed a claim for your air conditioning and heating not turning on from the thermostat. First American dispatched independent contractor KRV CO INC (KRV CO) to diagnose the failure. KRV CO reported to First American that there is no gas coming to the furnace through the gas line and recommended you contact the gas company. On November 30, 2021, you informed First American that the gas company reported no issues to the gas supply. As such, First American recalled KRV CO back to the property to diagnose the failures. On December 1, 2021, KRV CO reported to First American that the zone control system control board is not working and needs replacing. First American denied the claim as the zone control system is not covered by the warranty contract. You may refer to your warranty contract, AIR CONDITONING section, which states: “NOT COVERED: HUMIDIFIER/DEHUMIDIFIER SYSTEMS OR ACCESSORIES, ELECTRONIC AIR CLEANERS, GAS AIR CONDITIONERS, UNDERGROUND OR OUTSIDE PIPING AND COMPONENTS FOR GEOTHERMAL OR WATER SOURCE HEAT PUMPS, COOLER PADS, ROOF JACKS OR STANDS AND SYSTEM MANAGEMENT OR ZONE CONTROL SYSTEMS (WHETHER MANUAL, ELECTRONIC, COMPUTERIZED OR PNEUMATIC).” Please be advised, First American’s decision remains unchanged and considers this claim closed.

Tina Loveless Anaheim, CA

Until This year I had great experiences with this company. I feel sad that customer service has gone so far down the road that it isn't recognizable. I have had a claim for new dishwasher since May 2021. I finally received and they aren't able to get a tech out to install? It was delivered on 11/19 and I called the following Monday 11/22 to schedule installation. They assigned a company that had informed them 2 weeks prior that they weren't able to do any installations due to lack of installers. I called back and the lady was very helpful and called around trying to find someone and couldn't. She said that she was going to escalate it and to give it 24-48 hours for the other department to find someone. I called back on Wednesday and was told it had only been 24 hours since the request was made??? Apparently not submitted until Tuesday?? I gave the benefit of the doubt and waited until today 11/30. The person on the phone told me I never called in to let them know that we had received the dishwasher and then proceeded to try to find me an installer. Couldn't locate so started the 48 hours over again in escalation and when I asked to talk to someone that could actually do something I was given I can't lie to you and tell you they will do it sooner and my supervisor will tell you the same thing. There is no way to actually make a complaint at this company to get resolution. I have sent an email and am ready to contact my legalsheild attorney again. Waiting to see what the email from claim review results in. Someone needs to take responsibility for incompetency. First they order a dishwasher that can't be gotten and once I finally get one that can I have it sitting in my garage. I also asked for documentation or proof, email note online in the portal something to tell me this person did their job correctly and submitted the escalation. I was told I cold call back and have someone check his notes. So sit on hold again? I just want my dishwasher installed.

Gene Wagnon Centerton, AR

When things are not smooth; communication is lacking

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Gene, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Jan. 12th, 2022

Rosemary Mark Fresno, TX

I am beyond happy that I signed with First American Home Warranty . They are very proactive and I sleep better because I know I am covered well . I advised my close relatives and friends to give them a try.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Rosemary, We appreciate you taking the time to share a review about your experience with First American Home Warranty. It is awesome to hear that you recommend us! We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future.

Dec. 15th, 2021

Shirley holgate Arroyo Grande, CA

yesterday I had an excellent electrician come to fix my fan, and he did a fabulous job, even cleaning up beautifully. He was a 5, but several years ago I had a problem with my microwave, and they put in one that didn't work. They did provide a very good one at least.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Shirley for your review.

Jun. 21st, 2021

LUCILLE PICCININNI Charlotte, NC

They fix the problem with no trouble. Don't like they (service man) has to call and get ok from company which could take a day or two and the item you called about has to wait that extra time.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback Lucille.

Laura Trent Chattanooga, TN

When my tankless water heater quit working, First American replaced it, even though tankless water heaters are very expensive. I would have marked 5 stars, except that I had to work at questioning the initial response, which was not at all satisfactory, and finally they did agree to completely replace it.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Laura for your feedback. We are glad everything worked out.

Andrea Smith Hemet, CA

I am in the middle of a claim. The adjuster most likely has more claims than he would like & is tough to get hold of. On a personal note, he is fine to deal with & pretty clear on most questions. I haven't had enough experience with customer service to be able to rate them. I will not be able to give you an appropriate answer really, to any of the other questions until the claim is closed out.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Andrea. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.

Jane Mick Mesa, AZ

They are improving but there are still a few issues. Wish you could receive service from previous contractors who served you well. Also, preventive service should be covered since that would serve you and the customer well in keeping costs lower. For example, annual air conditioner inspection service and cleaning.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thanks for your feedback Jane.

Jun. 4th, 2021

Ken Lewis Little River, SC

Fast and easy to work with. The service man First American sent to my house to repair my garage door got the door working fast and didn't waste time. Very nice to talk to and explained everything he was doing..

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Ken. We are very pleased to hear the the work performed was quick and hopefully met your expectations.

May. 18th, 2021

Radhakrishnan Fremont, CA

In one instance we had to go through 4 claim specialists and then the regional manager of our area. Once alerted, the manager did an excellent job in working with the service provider and sorting the issues with their technician’s report. Problem got resolved after a month since we filed the first service request.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Radhakrishnan for your review.

May. 19th, 2021

Gracie Harris Corona, CA

Sometimes the automatic can be challenging rather speak to live person.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Gracie, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate these comments and will certainly look into this further.

Linda Hulon Suwanee, GA

Quick response - great service - nice people

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Linda, It is always great to hear when our customers are provided with great service!

DAMARIS GOMEZ Spring, TX

You are very nice and attend my problem, and ask my questions

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Damaris, We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. It is fantastic to know that you were provided great service.

Casaundra Brackney Phoenix, AZ

Easy to make appointments. But some of the companies are not good.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Casaundra, Thank you for sharing your comments! It is great to know that you find it easy to schedule an appointment for service. We do complete internal surveys as well as monitor feedback on our contractors as we want to ensure we are providing our customers with the best service possible. Should you ever experience an issue, please connect with us and we would be happy to assist.

Daniel T Pindel Modesto, CA

Great service response time and services in timely manner

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Daniel, Thank you for taking the time to share your five star experience!

Sharon Thompson Toledo, OH

They send you help with in a good amount of time

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Sharon, We appreciate you taking the time to share your review with us. It is awesome to know that your claim was resolved promptly.

Mary L Burch Beaumont, TX

They got my billing information changed.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Mary, Thank you for your review! We are glad to know that we were able to assist you in updating your information.

Richard Stewart Shingletown, CA

Always on time and and service is outstanding

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Richard, It is fantastic to hear that your claim was resolved. We look forward to providing you great service in the future!

Gloria M Lawson Memphis, TN

always efficient with scheduling repair work.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Gloria, Thank you for putting your trust in us! We are pleased to hear your service is complete.

Gail Postell Athens, GA

Always received Quick and courteous service

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Gail, Thank you for sharing a review. It is always great to hear when our customers are provided with great service!