First American Home Warranty

7.8

Fazal Khan Manassas, VA

Usually, I'm very impressed and happy with First American's ability to help with resolving my home issue. However, it took 28 days for First American to order the part for my hot water heater. My family and I were without hot water for almost a month during the winter. I expected better!

Michael Hamilton Oklahoma City, OK

I've had several home warranty companies and most of them just try and get out of it when the actual bill comes so first American was the first one that actually didn't try and wriggle out of the responsibility of their own contract.

C Burtt

Awesome Warranty Service. Every time I call there are positive results. I do think that the Pool Salt cell and Cercuit board need to ne higer. FA only paid 1500 and total cost was 2100 .. so out of pocket 600 and the work was poor and still not working... Will visit issue next year when pool is open.

Jeff Anderson

We have always had great customer service from the First American representatives. We have never had an issue processing a work order and they have professional contractors/technicians that support and if they do not have support I have never had an issue with First American agreeing to use one of my contractors.

Dec. 3rd, 2020

Jenna Satariano

This is my first experience with a home warranty company and while I trust that American Home Warranty is one of the better companies, I have been somewhat disappointed with the communication from the company on repair claims. The first dispatch of repair technicians was prompt, but getting a tech back to complete the work took several calls and turns out that despite having essentially full coverage, a good chunk of the work required turned out to not be covered, but it took me calling and following up on numerous occasions to learn about this. I am now still waiting for them to schedule a tech to complete the work, and I anticipate having to have to follow up again as opposed to them reaching out to me with updates, which was just not how I anticipated this process would go. All in all, I think it's worth having the coverage for the investment, but I do wish that the process was more user-friendly, communicative, and transparent.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Jenna, First American apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process. At this time, our records indicate that One Stop Plumbing & Rooter has completed the repairs to the drain line in the garage. We have dispatched contractor Drywall Masters to repair the drywall accessed by the plumbing company. Drywall Masters will contact you directly to schedule a mutually convenient appointment to complete repairs. Please be advised, First American considers your claim pending. Thank you,

Nov. 25th, 2020

Arlene Ahern Iona, ID

Professional service. Head to wait for the part (Covid) but the product manager kept me posted.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Arlene. Glad to hear the issue was finally resolve.

Roger Herauf Tulsa, OK

Excellent responce to any issues. The company has a good reputation with the sevice providers

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback Roger.

Joni Tinsley Chandler, AZ

I have had a few repairs, and it was very easy, they took care of everything, and resolved quickly

Hi Joni. Thank you for your feedback

Sandy Gardner Pickens, SC

We are very pleased with the service and we know that when we call that we will be taken care of

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Sandy. We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service.

Mary Jo Lawrence Oroville, CA

I rarely rate anything the best because there's always room for improvement, however I am happy with this company.

Thanks Mary Jo!

Jun. 4th, 2021

They've been excellent. I've had them with my house now for almost thirty years. They're there to help and get solutions to whatever is going on. There have been several times that they've actually thought about the response I was given from a vendor and it wasn't right and they questioned it and go second opinions to make sure they were right. They do their research. They don't assume that their vendor is always right. I had a plumbing leak and they took care of it. It was incredible. I had some complications from the vendor and issues and modification charges. They did all the research necessary to get it resolved properly and now the job is done. I'm very happy. First American makes sure you're satisfied when you're done. I've had a couple managers involved because there were things that didn't make sense and the actual sales person couldn't match it so they connected me to a manager that could answer my question and give me good, sufficient answers.

Kelsey

When we bought our dream home and the deal was ''' as is'', we planned on needing to make some repairs and find a few surprises so we asked for First American Home Warranty coverage with our contract. Wow, did we underestimate the things that would go wrong with this little place. In the first three years, nearly every major appliance has gone out as well as fans, plumbing, both toilets, and I can''t even remember what else. First American has not refused us? Dropped up, questioned us or anything, they have helped us quickly and politely with every single claim. We would have been lost and financially ruined if we had not had this policy.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Kelsey. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Aug. 6th, 2019

Maryjane Statesville, NC

When my A/C broke down with First American, they fixed it right away and everything and it's running great. There was one little problem though. When the guy replaced the parts up in the attic, they didn't replace the board. I'm happy with the company, it was the vendor's fault. They sent an email and said it needed to get replaced and First American acted right away and put the part on order. I get great service. They're very professional and they come out right away and service and take care of things. It works really fast. I wouldn't change the company. I had another company and when I saw your company and found out what they cover, I was ecstatic and I've been happy every since. They react really fast.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Maryjane. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your claim and appreciate your understanding.

Jun. 17th, 2019

Floyd Memphis, TN

I really like the experience of working with them and not having to deal with the companies that you get your appliances from. This particular time they gave a time in which the company could come and service that item and I had problems with that time and I worked with First American Warranty and let them know and within forty eight hours they called and got me within forty hours of the call. I had problems with my dryer and I thought they would be able to repair it and go from there. The technician came out and serviced the dryer and told me what was wrong with it and then left. After I tried to use the dryer after he left, it wouldn't work. And I called them back and I got aggravated with the time it took for them to come out and reservice it. And it ended up costing me another $75 and I didn't know I was going to have to pay for that because it wasn't part of the actual dryer. First American was great, it was the company that came out of my house that I wasn't excited about.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you, Floyd for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that the assigned contractor did not meet your expectations.

Jun. 17th, 2019

Corinne M St Louis, MO

Having an older house makes having a home warranty a must. I don't know how we would have paid for some of the repairs that we've needed over the years if they hadn't been covered. We have peace of mind knowing that we are protected from catastrophic damage and repairs. Well worth the investment. Occasionally we have to call more than once to get a technician scheduled, but that is really a problem with individual companies and not the fault of First American. Customer service has been wonderful. I don't think we could live in our house without them. We were not solicited for our business. I researched the best coverage and called them. No phone calls or emails asking us to increase coverage or buy other products. We truly could not be happier.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Corinne. Thank you for your review!

Jun. 4th, 2019

Miriam Franklin Trussville, AL

They’ve been great so far. We haven’t had a lot of issues but they’ve handled the ones we’ve had in excellent fashion.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Miriam. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

May. 18th, 2021

Tracy Magliato Shawnee Mission, KS

Very happy with technicians and service. Communicated tech in route and when I could expect arrival.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Tracy. We are very happy to hear that we have met your expectations.

May. 18th, 2021

Michael Musick Twentynine Palms, CA

It’s a great company and they fix any issues fast and they keep in touch with all updates with your issues

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Michael. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

May. 7th, 2021

Bolo Bucketz Chandler, AZ

I have been out of AC almost a month now. They sent a company to my house that misreported the issue, saying my unit was missing components so it wasnt covered. I paid out of pocket for a 3rd party HVAC company (with a better reputation) and they said all the parts are there, and that the unit is very old and should be replaced. So I called FAHW back and they sent another company. The tech went on the roof for 10 minutes and the air started blowing cold. He said it was a "bad wire". The next day, the air went out again. The claim is reopened and I have to wait another week for one of their techs to come back. Its 115 degrees in Phoenix, AZ right now! Am I paranoid for thinking this company is doing everything they can to avoid replacing this unit?

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Bolo. Thank you for your feedback. We have sent you a message requesting additional information.

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Viren Popli Houston, TX

We got a sellers insurance. One of our ACs is not working . We filed a service request on 6/13 and paid for it online but they didnt allocate a contractor. So we filed a second request on 6/15. Now they gave us a contractor. After waiting for another day for them to contact us, we called the contractor to get an appointment, earliest available date 6/19. No way to speak to anyone or even and email address to write to them. Waiting in the heat for someone to come. Will update how the appointment itself goes.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Viren. Our records show that we dispatched Expert HVAC who repaired a loose wire on your condensing unit. We are aware that you claim has been satisfied and is now closed. Thank you.

Jul. 1st, 2021

M B Denver, CO

The online service call system will send you a technician who cannot work with your type of appliance. When you try to reach F Am to talk about it you'll have to overcome a voice mail system designed to send human beings into spirals of frustrated rage while deflecting all inquiries. Stay on the phone for an hour and you may reach a customer service person with no authority to help you. Keep trying. Eventually they may send someone who can actually fix your oven. It will not be worth the toll on your sanity from dealing with them.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello M B. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We have sent you a message requesting for additional information.

Jun. 8th, 2021

Phil Carpenter Hamburg, MI

First American sets you up on an annualized payment schedule on your credit card then makes it very difficult to cancel. This results in months of credit card Billings . I had to cancel my credit card to stop their payments. I emailed all the documents they requested which they said they never received and continued billing me. I would rank them as scammers and give them the lowest possible rating.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Phil. Thank you for your feedback. Our records do indicate that at this time your contract has been cancelled. However, at the time of the sell of your home we never received your written request to cancel your contract.

May. 4th, 2021

Ramiro Murillo San Diego, CA

Because every time I need them they’re always there really fast, I don’t have to wait days for them to take care of my problem

Apr. 23rd, 2021

Debi Foli Pauma Valley, CA

The service was the most professionally provided service I have had with FAHW. TY I am increasing in my opinion of this warranty.

Marcella Austria Grants Pass, OR

They sought to remedy our problem with a repair person who found the problem and resolved it, like they say the 3rd times the charm.

Christopher Green Little Rock, AR

Great job and nice service. Although the parts came in two days after initial visit but the repair didn’t happen until 3 weeks later.

Kim Jarandson Medford, OR

The last Electrician you sent to me, left me with a non working bedroom light and no plug working in the bedroom, he did not find it was a hot wire, outside for a hot tub the old owners had.

Mary Byram, MS

Has been very dependable but with the Refrigerator it took so much longer.He wanted to order the filter from a place he liked!

Apr. 6th, 2021

Elizabeth Garrett Chattanooga, TN

They are nice and very professional. They answered all my questions.and I did have to wait a long time to get help with the issue that I was having..

Apr. 6th, 2021

Maria Peterson Goleta, CA

I just wish my realtor had given me a prepaid Visa card rather than this $600.00 home warranty policy. Getting in touch with them the first time ( on the phone) was painfully slow. You have to go on their website and make an account then getting someone to respond either doesn’t happen or takes forever. They charge a $75.00 fee to show up whether the person can fix the problem or not. In Santa Barbara most of their contracts go through phoenix plumbing and heating out of Santa Maria, more than an hour away. Maybe if they had more plumbers on their contract list it could be better. When my toilet backed up recently and I contacted First American I never got a response, who can wait when it comes to sewage? I called my own plumber, he quickly cleared it for $70.00 and I saved $5.00 by not paying First Americans co-pay!!!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Maria. We thank you for your feedback. Our records do indicate that when the claim for your toilet was placed online the step to assign a contractor was not completed. It is for the reason service was never provided. Thank you.

May. 28th, 2021

Tripp Watsonville, CA

They respond quickly to my needs. They send my the name and phone number of the company that will help me. They follow up to be sure the problem has been fixed.

Mar. 18th, 2021

Sharon Wagener Paso Robles, CA

Services are often not local. Refrigerator coverage ought to include ice crushers/beverage dispenser and respective equipment. Also, there should be an option for fireplace coverage.

Mar. 4th, 2021

Kevin Urland Emmaus, PA

Good response They are very good with getting your problem solved a little slow on your approval sometime but all in a good way I would recommend them to all home owners and buyers

Feb. 24th, 2021

Maulet Atlanta, GA

Good service with the company that they use,and also the customer service people and the product that they replace in my home. It’s a good plan to have in emergency, they always get the job done.

Feb. 24th, 2021

Sandy Fortin Los Gatos, CA

It's gives me peace of mind knowing that I have coverage for handling various home repairs as they arise, so I don't need to seek out specialists on my own.

Teresa Bonzon Manteca, CA

They are respond very quickly when you call . I've never had any issues with them I'm very satisfied I would recommend First American to my friends ..

Julia Los Angeles, CA

We inherited the home warranty from the seller of our townhouse and have had this service for just about 2 years, with our service expiring April 2021. We had to use First American service 3 times over these two years (twice for plumbing, and once for our washing machine) and overall the process went smoothly. Because we were blessed enough not to need reimbursement or repairs beyond the initial service calls I believe we were served what we expected. I must say that the renewal was very expensive (about $700), and I was not knowledgeable enough last year to shop around. I urge everyone to do their research.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Julia for your review.

Apr. 20th, 2021

Lori Barsamian Fresno, CA

The customer service has been excellant. The company representative calls ME with all updates regarding my claim. The hold time has been longer than normal during Covid, but you end up speaking with a real person. I have been with this company since 1998.

Judy Verdugo Fresno, CA

Always great service. Whenever we need service they never hesitate to send repair people to deal with the problem. We feel that this is the best money spent to have the security of knowing we can count on First American.

Edith Gonzalez Corpus Christi, TX

Depending on the service, I'd love to have companies warranty their service. For example, if a central uniting was installed in the summer, them a follow up for the heater working well should be done. As for First American, the company is trust worthy.

Jim Williams Tustin, CA

Our stove oven went out, and our dryer would shut off. They came out and checked it out and determined what was wrong , order the parts and in a few days were up and running. Great Tech Karl did a great job.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Jim. Great to hear. We are happy to your home warranty provider.

Jan. 6th, 2021

Jim Aylward Naples, FL

I had one actionable call - hot water heater crapped out. They replaced with a top of the line brand. A little slow in getting the technicians here, but when they got here they were very good.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Jim for your review.

Jan. 6th, 2021

Google Walter Moryan @ Amazon.con

Normally... they are so friendly,......:................:............::::::....:...... and dependable. But with this last order but I want to go no one has been communicating and our outlets are still flickering on and off while the ceiling fan is falling apart~.

Michael Hutchinson

I have had great experiences with them. I have had several items fixed or replaced including; over, refrigerator, evap cooler, pool pump, pool filter, pool heater, hot water heater

Debbie Guthrie

Even though we're in the middle of a Pandemic, it took longer than it normally would; started process in August and resolution not reached until end of October with a "Cash Out" amount lower than what I feel should have been given. I hope under normal circumstances it wouldn't take that long, this was my first experience using my warranty. My washer is not an appliance someone should have to wait that long to get it taken care of.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Debbie. We apologize for any inconvenience during the handling of your claim. We appreciate your feedback.

Nov. 23rd, 2020

LadyGem

I was having a furnace replaced and the contractor they used wouldn't accept a credit card. I spoke with the First American and nothing happened. I was offered a buyout for about a 3rd of the cost which wasn't worth the buyout. Then after replacement I noticed the duct work was now blocking my safety switch and the water heater pipes which prevented the plumber from being able to complete his job. I called the HVAC contractor back and he advised the plumber to “remove the screws from the duct work and position them where he needed them.” WTH that wasn't the plumbers job and the ducts are installed messy. When I called to report the contractor not accepting credit cards one of the representatives disconnected my call and never called back.

Calvert T Bird

From the time the work order was placed the vendor worked in a timely, professional manner. The work was completed in a timely manner even though the water heater had to be replaced at a reasonable cost. The vendor was communicating with me as needed. The copay and monthly premium are competitive and well within Industry standards.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Oct. 27th, 2020

Cindy Stohlgren

I put in a claim and it was painless! The repair company that came out was fantastic too! The assistant helped me a great deal and was very pleasant and knowledgeable! I really appreciate the customer service that I received!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Oct. 9th, 2020

MaryBeth Bloom

1ST American has always worked on my behalf. I have an old cooling and heating system and they have gone above and beyond to find the right service people. Also, on a fixed income, it is comforting to know I won't get hit with large bills for unexpected repairs.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Oct. 9th, 2020

Robert Hite

I went all most a month with out AC the contractor was using text messages in stead of call so I all ways noticed late so I ended up spending money on a window unit and when the contractor finally came out it was raining and RS so the next day I spent money out of my own pocket to have my AC fixed it's a 24 year old system I spend more money on fixing it and it's not cost worthy I asked the contractor wouldn't not be better to replace it he responded by saying it's not up to him he made absolutely no effort and I instill paid the 75 dollars and got no receipt

Sep. 21st, 2020