First American Home Warranty

6.8

Timothy New Caney, TX

Recently I used it for air conditioning, which I had to get replaced. They do a pretty good job of keeping up with me and making sure things get done.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Timothy for your feedback.

Jun. 25th, 2019

James Hemet, CA

It came with the purchase on my home. They respond quickly. When the lights wouldn't work in the garage, they ran a new line.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you James for your review.

Jun. 25th, 2019

I haven't had any major issues with First American. We trust them and they are reliable. We had issues with our fridge and it was finally repaired for good.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us!

Helen Kamin

They lied about when emergency service would take placeplace. No return phone calls when indicated they would with status information. Representative refused to let me speak with a supervisor. Don''t think they really have them as all calls were answered in El Salvador or Guatemala. Request to have ac issue turned in as emergency due to severe health issues. Request was turned in as normal. Service took more than 5 days with emergency status. This is unacceptable. After more than 15 years with a company, one does not ex

Joy Kahlmeyer

The company that calls to schedule the appointment typically doesn't have the correct information regarding the issue. However this is a minor thing :)

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Joy. We appreciate your review.

Christine

The time for the service rep to call us, they expedited the service, the service was perfect and have had no issues since.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Christine. Thank you for your review.

Lynn Money

Great program for aging appliances! They are responsive and quick to schedule a qualified contractor that works with my schedule.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Lynn, thank you for taking the time to provide a review.

Thomas

Everything's always been perfect. First American Warranty has always been very good. I've had them for seven to nine years.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Thomas. Thank you for your loyal service. We appreciate you!

Jun. 17th, 2019

FAHW keeps in contact with their customers. I've use them several times and most times I've had a quick response. They use reputable people.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for the review!

John Canton, MS

I found out that I had a leak in my dishwasher so we used it to replace it. They didn't get fix everything that they said was happening.

Luis Van Nuys, CA

I always get very good service. I had an electric problem and I called them and they fixed it right away. They were very reliable.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi, Luis. Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to hear that you are a satisfied contract holder!

Diana

Courteous and have immediate responses. I needed my microwave fixed. I called them and they sent someone out immediately and replaced it.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Diana. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!

Jun. 17th, 2019

One of the electrical outlets went out in the house and I had to call them. On some things maybe they should be more timely manner getting the job done and handled quicker.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for the feedback.

John Fink

Every time some one comes to fix something u have to buy something more that cost more money because they don''t have that one only one for more money or u have to wait or 2-3weeks

Richard Angell

First America Home Warranty does not have the network to serve the smaller cities. I requested service from a plumber, electrician and locksmith. First America told me they had no one in their network that could provide service. I was told to find my own provider and they would reimburse me less the service fee. I did find my own people for less than the cost of the service fee. If First America can't provide service for the small things, what are the odds they will help with the major things.

Gunilla Edwards

Now they are really great. A couple of yrs ago there were problem which now seem fixed. much better customer services.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Gunilla. We appreciate your review and for choosing First American.

Jun. 11th, 2019

Victoria Quintanilla

Prompt, professional, pleasant service. Problems generally get taken care of very quickly and by professional companies with good reputations.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Victoria for your review.

Jun. 4th, 2019

Cheryl Graafstra

The quality of companies are not very trustworthy, they do not show up for sched'd appts. They quickly respond to me with repair business to set up repair. FAHW has better coverage than other home warranty companies.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Cheryl. We apologize the contractor missed appointments. We appreciate your feedback.

Jun. 4th, 2019

Khonas

Good, accurate, and they get the job done. had to use it for some water leaking in the kitchen and the toilet and the guy fixed it, he had to come twice, but it was good.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know you were able to have these issues resolved. We appreciate your continued trust in us.

Oct. 18th, 2021

A friend of mine recommended them. I had a service that needed to be done and they took care of everything that needed to be done.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for putting your trust in us. We are pleased to hear your concerns have been resolved.

Elizabeth

There is no problem, they did a great job and were quicker than I expected. They were efficient and quick with no hustle.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Elizabeth. We appreciate your review!

Donald

Our realtor and real estate agent recommended them. It has excellent service when we needed them. It was excellent service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Donald for your review.

Philip

Everything worked out really well, I had no issues. It has always been east and quick. They replaced or repaired things quickly.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Philip, thank you for your review.

Fred P Santee, CA

Our dishwasher was not draining properly and we called them and they sent out a repair man. He found the problem and fixed and did a good job.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Fred P, It is fantastic to hear that your issue was resolved. We look forward to providing you great service in the future.

Donnie Los Angeles, CA

They are very professional and get back to you quick. I needed something done in my bedroom and they sent a plumber to take care of it.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Donnie, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is great to hear that any issues you had were resolved quickly!

Alex Ware Sedona, AZ

Phone system sucks. Too much wait time. Call handlers lack enthusiasm. Service response from providers is mostly good. Surprised that there isn't a plumber closer than Phoenix and 4 day appointment time

Sometimes they're very good and sometimes they're not. One time my refridgerator didn't work and I called them and they said they weren't going to do anything about it. Sometimes they don't think that it's not working. I just wish they didn't give home owners a bad time

Oct. 19th, 2021

Bruce

It's easy to communicate with them and they provide excellent customer service. We had a furnace failure and we got the new furnace.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Bruce. Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that your furnace was replaced. Thank you for choosing First American.

Lucy

I wish I had one rep to follow up with me with my issues. Every time I call, I am talking to someone new and I'm having to explain myself again and it's very stressful and frustrating. It's all been difficult.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Lucy, Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We take all feedback provided to us seriously, as it helps us to make changes where needed.

Oct. 19th, 2021

Silvers

They always perform like I've asked them to so far. I needed my pool filter fixed and they came out and fixed it. They've been timely.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Silvers. We are glad to hear your pool filter was repaired. Thank you for your review, we appreciate it.

Argelio

First America Home Warranty is very helpful every time I call them. The day after I called them, a plumber was at my house. The service is very quick.

Diana

Customer service responds very quickly and they do a great job when I need someone to help with repairs. The are very good with follow through.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Diana. Thank you for your review.

Lois

Customer service has always been very knowledgeable and informative on their policies. I haven't had a problem with them at all.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Lois. Thank you for your review.

Treshaune

First American Home Warranty had someone out the same day that I called to help me with my water heater. Every year that I have had the service, the price has gone up.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Treshaune. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it.

Wendy

First American home warranty is prompt at responding to calls for help. So far we have not had any issues. When we have needed help, they were there for us.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review, Wendy.

Brit Bolerjack Bethany, OK

We've had a home warranty with First American for 2+ years. The three claims we have had have been handled promptly until now. Our contractor said that the oven would be replaced and that First American would get back to us in 48 hours. It's been a week. I finally tried to contact the company and it took me TWENTY minutes of being on the phone with their automated system to finally be redirected to an actual service line!! And then of course, I'm just on hold forever. It's a fine warrenty, but the customer service is pretty dang frusterating.

Liz Schnebel Lady Lake, FL

Just had a conversation with Customer Service agent Garrett. I am shopping a Home Warranty service to accompany a Real Estate transaction. He was very proactive in answering all of my questions and provided a positive experience to move forward with First American Home Warranty. Thank you for your time and explanations Garrett!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Sep. 3rd, 2020

rockercola Los Angeles, CA

I can't tell you if a home warranty is worth it to you, its a form of insurance so you have to weigh your risk exposure. Generally, you are better off saving the money you would pay for the insurance and using that for repairs. But after a recent house purchase with many unknowns, I decided to keep my warranty for a few years. So far FAHW has been easy to work with and has provided good service. I have had three calls and they all resolved the issues the first time. The company is responsive and easy to work with.

Dora Hernandez Gilbert, AZ

I've always raved about how much i love this company and my son in law just switched to FAHW also. I like that they get a tech out to my home quickly, and placing a claim is easy. I did, however, call them today and ask then for a copy of all the claims I've placed and they said they couldn't help me with that because they don't save previous year claims. I still thought that was odd. I pay this company $75 a month to provide me with a service. I have a policy with them. You would think that something so simple can be obtained for your own records? Also, i didn't like that i was transferred numerous times before I got to speak to the right department. I've never bothered to read the reviews, but wow! I displeases me to see how many there are. I'm not sure if I'll be renewing my contract with them in October when I move to my new home...?

Phyllis Marlino

I told rep over phone what was wrong, and they sent out a plumber, who I paid $75 for the call. He said he'd order the part, then called later and said FAHW doesn't cover it. Why did they send a guy out for me to pay out $75 when they don't cover the part? They should reimburse the $75, since they sent out the plumber after I told him what the issue was. Also, the contract does not state the part is not covered.

Wilson Lee Walnut Creek, CA

My house has a Bryant air conditioner panel. The panel said "System Malfunction." I explained this when I submitted my claim. The first repair person said, "I do not work on these." Instead of the First American Home Warrant (FAHW) sending a second repair person, I had to call and explain that the original repair person did not work on these. FAHW hired a second repair company. Instead of the 2nd company calling me, I had to contact them. I explained that it was a Bryant air conditioner panel. They also said it was outside their realm. So I contacted FAHW again for a 3rd time. The 3rd repairman said that something was amiss and that he would need to contact Bryant. Supposedly the thermostat was not properly attached, but this was unbeknownst to me. However, this should not have taken a month to rectify.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Wilson, We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim. Our records indicate your thermostat was replaced on July 1, 2019. At this time, your claim is considered closed. Thank you.

Jul. 12th, 2019

Jenny Alarcon La Mirada, CA

I've used this company for over 25 years and have seen a change in the past two years or so. The only thing I can say is the work gets done but IT TAKES WORK! My refrigerator has not been working since June 3rd. I have two family members with disabilities that require a refrigerator for medications. Here is how the call went. 1. Called 06/03 and after over 30 minutes in calls, transfers, push this number and that and two disconnects to start over, the agreed to send someone on an emergency bases 06/04. 2. Service call 06/04. Said they would have to order parts and someone would call back within five (5) days. Offered to find and buy the part on my own to expedite but they said it would not be covered under warranty. 3) 06/04 called to ask what I'm suppose to do without a refrigerator. I was told they would send me a check to pay TOWARD RENTING a refrigerator. I found a company and rented. 4) Called service provider to ask what was going on and was told 1st American orders the parts - not them. WAITED FOR A CALL FROM EITHER for 5 more days. I had to initiate all calls. 5) 06/11 called service provider. Was informed 1st American said they ordered parts and they had no control over when the would received or ordered. 06/12 called service provider again. 06/13 received 1 of two parts on my doorstep. Called service provider and they asked for me to check the parts. One was missing. They scheduled a return appointment for 06/17 because we received one of two parts and 1st American said both would be at our home before 06/17 appointment. 5) Called 1st American and asked when the second part would arrive. They didn't know because they could not reach supply company on the weekend but left supply company a message. I informed them we only have one part and they will be at our home Monday. In addition, I asked them where the check was for the refrigerator we rented. They said it was not APPROVED YET. Called back in 10 minutes and said it was approved but I haven't sent them proof. Really? No one told me - so, I'll send proof. They said they could not send me emails without an email address AFTER 25 YEARS PLUS of service an multiple emails to and from. I was told if the person arrived tomorrow and did not have the missing part, they would return when the part arrived on another date. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE CUSTOMER SERVICE? It's almost been a fulltime job. I don't know what's going on but for the last 2 years or so, things have drastically changed. KIND COMMENTS such as "I can understand why your frustrated" but the comment I made with the person on the phone is "1st American is consistently inconsistent." It gets done but it's a lot of work in the process.

N Mallard Duncan, OK

So far, I have not had to use the warranty on my new home, but I had this company in the past and was very happy with the quick service. At that time, I had a water heater blow, a problem with my washer and dryer, and they took care of all of it for nominal fee.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you N for your review.

Charlie Gulfport, MS

We had an a/c problem. It was inspected and found not to be able to be repaired. A new a/c was installed. We had an issue with our dryer. Repairman came and fixed the problem. The service provided by First American has thus far be superior.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Charlie. Thank you for your review.

Pat Towery Burlington, NC

The dishwasher had a leak. It took several visits with the leak continuing. Finally the last repair person spotted the problem, an incorrect replacement and installation of the gaskets. He had it fixed properly and I have had no more leaks.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Pat for your review. We are glad the repairs to your plumbing were completed. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Georgia Brentwood, CA

This is the best company I have ever dealt with. They are very concerned with customers needs and timeliness in getting your repair quickly done. I would recommend it to anyone and I have sone that with many friends who have taken advantage of this wonderful service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Georgia for your review!

Dana Anaheim, CA

We asked for a buyout cost for our pool pump in order to upgrade to a high efficiency pool pump. We waited over a month and were never given that amount. We finally decided to just replace the pump since we had been without for a month. There was miscommunication between First American and the Pool Repair company. I don't know who was to blame as I received different feedback from both, but we're well over 1 month in and have still not been able to have our pool pump or pool filter cover replaced. I've had to call First American EVERY SINGLE WEEK to try and get this done...it's been a very frustrating process and it's still not complete. I gave 3 stars because we had an issue with our water pressure, and that claim was fixed and settled within 2 weeks...great experience.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We have reached out to the consumer in an attempt to resolve their matter.

Apr. 24th, 2019

Dottie Reisterstown, MD

The service technicians are excellent. The phone reps are VERY difficult to understand and have even more difficulty trying to convey the information to me. When I ask, they (reps) say they are located in CENTRAL AMERICA!! You figure! A company named First AMERICAN Home Warranty have non-English , non-American employees - an exclusive situation it appears. HMMMMMM..........

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Dottie. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it.

Apr. 17th, 2019

Nicholas Guinan Lubbock, TX

We've had a good overall experience with First American Home Warranty. The only gripe, honestly, was due to our air conditioner failing completely, and they hedged because the unit wasn't really big enough to provide adequate cooling based on the square footage of our house. They did kick in $1000 toward the replacement cost for a new, bigger unit.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Nicholas. Thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Apr. 15th, 2019

Cdm North Little Rock, AR

Although equipment maybe covered, they don’t always send companies out who are certified to work on the equipment. We were having trouble with a drop side tub. There is only 1 company in Arkansas certified to work on these. Even after being given this information they insisted that they had to send a plumbing company out who was not certified to work on this. We cancelled the call and paid for the repairs ourselves.