First American Home Warranty

7.4

Brandon CA

They are really terrible. I had the AC go out on my condo and they kept scheduling it out to contractors who don’t even work on the building. Each mistake would cause an additional day of no AC delay. I finally had to find my own company yet it still took First American an additional 2 days to approve. I talked to 8 different people and spent 10 hours on the phone. My advice is use another warranty company,

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Brandon. We appreciate your feedback. We have messaged you for additional information.

Jun. 2nd, 2021

victor espinoza Tucson, AZ

This company is horrible. They take their time to fix anything and then try to rip you off with swapping a $2500 dryer for a $750 one. No way, it's only 1.5 years old! On top of that they never completely repaired our fridge. The company that came out to fix it stated that it needs to be replaced, First American closed the claim. After many calls nothing happened. Stay away!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Victor. Our records indicate you placed a claim on March 9, 2021 for your clothes dryer which does not stop spinning, even when turned off. First American dispatched an independent contractor, Arizona’s Heating and Cooling Doctor LLC, to diagnose the failure. The contractor reported the control board and two relays have burned out and recommended replacement of the parts. First American attempted to locate the parts, however, the parts are no longer available. On April 6, 2021, First American offered a replacement dryer as the parts for repair are not available. Per your home warranty contract, First American will replace with equipment of similar features, capacity and efficiency however does not match brand, color or dimensions. You declined the replacement offer and requested a cash payment. Per the home warranty contract, First American may offer a cash payment in lieu of repair or replacement at the company’s negotiated rates with suppliers which may be less than retail. On April 9, 2021, you accepted the cash payment in lieu of replacement. Please allow 7-10 business days for the processing and delivery of the check. Please be advised, First American considers your claim closed. Thank you.

Apr. 9th, 2021

K Rich Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

having to wait 2 weeks for an A/C company in the hottest part of summer in Florida is unacceptable. Having to wait a week for a new refrigerator part to come in is not acceptable. No refrigerator for a household of 6 for a week! Parts should be no more than a day or two away.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello K Rich. We understand your frustration. We have messaged you for additional information.

Apr. 17th, 2021

Deborah G Graham

Thus far I really like your customer service. I haven't had to place any orders yet so I can't speak on behalf of the repair/replacement service

Dec. 24th, 2020

Peggy A. Fields

They are very quick to respond and they use knowledgably contracts. If the item can't be repaired they do a buy out.

Dec. 24th, 2020

Linda Moody

The first repair man could not fix it, The second one said he didn't have the part & would order it which would take ten days. It has been over 10 days & NO word frome him .

Patricia McDaniel

They have always taken care of any repairs without any hassles. Staff is very helpful and knowledgeable

Dec. 9th, 2020

GARY A HENSLEY

Overall I have had great experience with them. Had few issues getting pool items taken care of otherwise would he a 5 stsr

Dec. 3rd, 2020

Harold Justice

When I had a claim they were very responsive. The problem was not corrected and they immediately solved the problem.

Dec. 3rd, 2020

Judith Bentley

We've needed 1 appliance repaired & 1 replaced. They took care of it with little effort or expense on our part.

Nov. 18th, 2020

ALAN KATOF

Very good but some unresolved issues. Care of my air condiotioner always seems to be a bit of a problem and takes a long time.

Nov. 18th, 2020

Mark Hillis

Generaly me my needs. Some contractors took a very long time to fix problems. Probably not their fault due to difficulty in obtaining parts.

Nov. 10th, 2020

Thomas E White

Past experience with them has been excellent. They respond timely and effectively to all trouble calls

Nov. 3rd, 2020

BARBARA ERVIN

i had this on my other house and they were always prompt to get someone out to take care of problems

Oct. 27th, 2020

Sue M Beasley

failed me on 1st claim- sent out a tech that didn't know his job-ended up costing me almost $ 300.00- then turner down my claim on cracked toilet tank-said they only cover normal wear and tear-I thought flushing a toilet was normal wear and tear!!!!!~normal

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Sue, We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim. First American's records indicate you placed a claim for a plumbing stoppage and a cracked toilet. First American dispatched an independent contractor, All Hours Emergency Plumber LLC who reported the septic tank needed pumped as it was full. In addition, they reported the toilet cracked as a result of physical force which is not normal wear and tear. Please be advised, This Contract covers only the items specifically identified in this Contract as covered and excludes all others. In addition, Liability is limited to repair or replacement cost of Item due to normal wear and tear. You may refer to your home warranty contract under the section marked Important and Limits of Liability, Number Three. First American considers this claim closed.

Nov. 4th, 2020

Norm

Terrible service. A recent example is when a 35 year old ceiling fan's light switch broke from inside its housing. The technician stated to me that it wasn't covered as it was classified as not normal wear and tear; additionally, he laughed and said they didn't tell you about their exchange policy?

Mary Peltier

Ease of use and quick response . Most providers are very professional and informative regarding service issues

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Oct. 9th, 2020

Bobby Keith Johnson City, TN

I have been paying 59.50 month for approximately 5 years, in the event that I would be protected! So far I have only had a few small problems taken care of which I paid 75.00 for each call. I filed a claim a couple of years ago on my duct work which ended costing me 700.00 out of pocket. December 31st 2020 I filed a claim on our kitchen stove. The tech came out and said he had to order 2 parts for the stove. After many conversations with First American, I was promised about 3 weeks ago that they would replace it! They are still just talking and NOTHING IS BEING DONE! My wife and I are beyond livid! We've been without a stove for months now!!! I continue to get the run around ! They didnt want to replace my stove because of my manufacturers warrenty but im being told they cannot get the parts! My contract with First American Warranty reads repair or replace!!! They dont have to beg me to pay them every month but I certainly feel as though im begging them to hold up their end!!!!

Ehorton Houston, TX

Terrible company. Terrible customer service. They sent a used motor for our dishwasher. Even the contractor sent by them to install it, said it was used and they argued that it was not and wouldn’t buy a new one. Terrible customer service. A contractor came out for our pool heater and said the heater rusted out and needed to be replaced. I never heard another word from anyone for 3 weeks. I tried calling the contractor and they would never call me back. I logged into my account and it said the request was closed. After holding on the phone for an hour, they said the claim was denied because there wasn’t a gas regulator on the unit. We just bought the house and had the pool inspected when purchasing and there was no mention of this, plus the heater had worked for 3 months. They still denied the claim and would not give me a copy of the contractor’s report.

Steve Ross Corona del Mar, CA

I have yet to have First American agree to cover anything of any consequence. I've had three service calls on my HVAC system, and even though I pay extra for the coverage (and in fact only maintained the overall coverage because the HVAC units are aging) each time the contractor assigned has spent more time trying to find a reason not to cover a repair or replacement than they have on the problem itself. A condensor leak was due to "environmental conditions" - I live by the ocean so I'm not sure how salt air is a surprising or exculsionary condition. After replacing the condensor out of my own pocket there was an issue with the heat pump coil - a completely different component that is located inside the house - and that is also not being covered. Previously I was refused service on a bidet which is integrated into our master bathroom toilet. I had to explain to the call center what a bidet was and how it was a component of the toilet. After multiple phone calls I finally gave up and had the unit serviced by a local contractor (and it turned out to be an issue with the toilet rather than the bidet component). Every service event ends up as an argument about coverage - clearly there is a powerful disincentive for a contractor to approve a replacement unit. First American's entire system seems to built upon the premise that nothing is ever actually covered under their policy - unless you can prove otherwise. In other words, if you are counting on your First American plan to cover any major item, don't. You are far better off to have a reputable local contractor deal with any issues. Their HOW plan is a frustrating waste of money.

Liz Tampa, FL

I have been waiting two months to get my AC fixed ( Service Request #310584906). The contractor that was hired took 3 visits and over a month to figure out what was wrong. My requests to send a technician that was certified on my system were denied multiple times. Now First American has ordered the wrong part twice. During this process I have been hung up on/disconnected from their phone system multiple times. Additionally, ever service representative I speak with has a different story on what is going on. The service representative assigned my case won't return any of my phone calls or emails. Unbelievably bad service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

First American Home Warranty apologizes for any inconvenience the consumer may be experiencing during the handling of their claim. First American’s records indicate the contractor, Prime Service Incorporated, found an additional failure, of the thermostat after the condenser was replaced. First American has authorized the thermostat replacement and ordered the part accordingly. Once the part is ready for pick up, the contractor will be in contact with the consumer to schedule a mutually convenient appointment for job completion. First American considers this claim pending.

Jan. 15th, 2021

Michael Adams Tacoma, WA

I like my warranty.Took care of appliances fast.Have had problems with plumbing FAHW cannot find a emergency plumber waited 2 weeks for them to tell me they did not have one in my area .WANTED me to find one then hire someone have FAHW look at bill then they might refund me minus service charge.Then wait 3 to 4 weeks to get paid.Did to do some advance work finding servicers.

Joshua

Because they replaced my washing machine and replaced a faucet when it was needed not like some other home warranty companies that I had.

Sep. 24th, 2020

Charles

The warranty is easy to read and explainable. The warranty was way to set up and they provide excellent customer service

Mary Mulroy Collierville, TN

Good company but I have always had to communicate online. Have never been able to speak to anyone. Have been on hold for 30+ minutes two different times.

William Edwards Apopka, FL

NO PROBLEMS WHEN ISSUES COME UP.THE VENDORS WHOR WERE SENT OUT DID A EXCCELLENT JOB FIGUREING OUT THE PROBLEM AND FIXING IT

Chris Antioch, TN

First American home warranty is a great service. They were very professional and friendly when I had air conditioner issues.

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Robert Marder Pacoima, CA

Only had 1 issue with a Plummer contractor which I had to request not to send to my home out of all many contractors sent on different appliances or issurs

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Mike Rumley Lake Helen, FL

We have a long history of great service with FAHW. They have always honored their promises and taken care of issues in a timely manner.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Aug. 19th, 2020

ROY SHELTON West Point, MS

THE HAVE SERVED ME WELL AS A CUSTOMER. THEY MAKE SURE THAT THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE IS SATISFACTORY. THEY ALSO PICK SOME OF THE BEST TECTNICIANS

Aug. 13th, 2020

Marissa & Nathaniel Bianco North Las Vegas, NV

If I could give zero stars I would. We called to put a request in for for our new homes refrigerator and an agent actually answered the phone SINGING and was very very very obviously under the influence of alcohol/drugs. So extremely disrespectful!!!! And then when we did get "help" they said they wouldn't be able to come to our house until the end of the next week. So we had to go out and buy a brand new refrigerator because we have 3 kids and all of our food was completely ruined. Hands down absolute WORST customer service my husband and I have ever received.

Myron Ramsey Birmingham, AL

Great service, come on time! I had peace of mind the whole time. I would not have known who to call on my on, without them!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate the feedback. Have a great day.

Aug. 6th, 2020

Debbie Clayton, NC

Excellent at getting back with me and scheduling a service technician to repair what is wrong. But, I have still had to pay pretty steep fees over what First American covers.

Aug. 6th, 2020

Robin Holbrook

Very responsive, the technicians they contract with know their stuff, they are very prompt in repairing or replacing broken appliances

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Robin for your wonderful feedback.

Jul. 22nd, 2020

Brandy Hudson

They are on top of everything. They also make sure that everything is covered and works after a service request had been done.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Brandy for your feedback and taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with one.

Jul. 23rd, 2020

Gene Berg

Did not understand the problem and sent a non-licensed electrician to make a repair. Then went by his statement and rejected the work originally requested.

Robert Mcnabb Murrieta, CA

Billing department, not on the ball. Paid service fee, notified I didn’t by account and mail. Sent in canceled check, confirmed by phone call that I had, and I still get letter saying I need to pay.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Robert. We apologize for that inconvenience. The service call fee has been corrected in our system and you are no longer to receive a notice for payment. Thank you.

Jun. 23rd, 2020

Manuel O Casarez Las Cruces, NM

Everything was quick and convenient. From the first phone call to the follow up was excellent. Everything was done until my problem was fixed.

Jeff Garcia Klamath Falls, OR

Great customer service! Fast and friendly service. They also checked up after repairs were complete to check satisfaction.

bill jaco Gerber, CA

because when i signed up i was told i would get a bill each month or at least one so that i have a phone number if needed quickly.im still waiting.i just like omething i can hold in my hand.thank you.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Bill. Monthly payments are automatically charged to the credit card on file. If you have any questions regarding coverage or wish to place a claim then you may do so by calling (800) 992-3400 . Thank you.

Jun. 9th, 2020

Jeffrey McDaniel

They cover what I need covered and thier rates are good, downside takes to long to get repair techs on site and they are only allowed to use the lowest cost solution.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your feedback.

May. 26th, 2020

Samantha Chattanooga, TN

They’ve taken care of me and my home. Professional and responsive, the companies they’ve sent for repairs have been great.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Samantha. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

steven breth Brighton, TN

They have always repaired any issues I've brought to them. So customer service is everything and they get five stars for that.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Steven. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Henrietta krueger Castro Valley, CA

good customer service. n the warranty sounded good. have not put in any claims since I joined. I hope it is as good as it claims

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to servicing claims for you in the future.

May. 6th, 2020

Angie Rosa Sparks, NV

Courteous representatives; fast claim response time; great follow up; and their service provides peace of mind when faced with home repairs.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Angie, thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Anthony Daniels Martinez, CA

Because they follow up to ensure your service experience was good thorough out the entire process and ask you to rate the experience.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Anthony, we appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear you are satisfied with the service provided. Have a great day.

Apr. 27th, 2020

jay Tybee Island, GA

have done phenomenal job with service calls and reputable service providers. Have been timely on their time to fix also.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Jay, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to providing you with service in the future. Have a great day.

Apr. 27th, 2020

Rosalva Morales Riverside, CA

I called and received a next day appointment. The service Tech was on time professional and knew exactly what he was doing.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Rosalva. We appreciate your feedback and review. Have a great day.

Apr. 9th, 2020

Angie

Good service but I got charged $185 extra to change my hot water tank. They ssid it was line modifications and I still have the old lines and shutoff valvr

Rene Mendoza

They are fairly quick (not all the time) at answering but will take any excuse for not fixing what you call for and then will not reimburse you any of the money you paid for

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Rene. We appreciate your feedback. There are times when a diagnosis is performed that can result in the repair or replacement not being covered per the terms of the home warranty contract. Thank you. Have a good day.

Apr. 6th, 2020