First American Home Warranty

7.4

MJ Gomez Houston, TX

Easy in getting service providers to address my repair issues. Knowing the service providers are expert on their field.

Feb. 24th, 2021

Peggy Marble Falls, TX

They are very quick with good service. I have been a customer for a long time. You can easily use web site.

Feb. 24th, 2021

T. R. Blount Newport News, VA

They are extremely helpful and professional. Their customer service representatives are courteous and knowledgeable.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Feb. 5th, 2021

Kimberly Clinton, MS

I have enjoyed the customer service as well as the timeliness provided by First American Home Warranty.

Birdie Noel Wichita, KS

Not a 5 star simply because sometimes I have had to wait for 4 or 5 days and when something goes wrong , of course we want it fixed immediately

Karen Simpsonville, SC

Every time I call to have something fixed they are always kind and get the job done. Over 10 years now.

Bob Las Cruces, NM

worthwhile for the peace of mind I get, in previous years I have had a water heater and a dishwasher replaced by the prorgram.

Dylan Odessa, TX

The customer service is subpar and they basically make you do all the footwork on the warranty process other than finding someone for your warranty work. it is a affordable warranty and comes in handy most of the time.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Dylan, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Dec. 21st, 2021

Roger Dillon Bellevue, NE

Quick responding time, and always super friendly and will listen to questions and concerns about any and all questions you may have

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Roger, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to know that your concerns have been resolved! We will continue to be here for you should you need us in the future.

Dec. 21st, 2021

Mitchell Istre Lufkin, TX

I am so upset with FAHW. We sold our home and called and spoke with Brenda on 3/16/21, Alfred on July 9th(to cancel) and it was not disclosed that we would be charged for any repairs that FIRST AMERICAN PAID OUT...ridiculous. We wanted to transfer the home warranty to our new home in Lufkin, TX, but FAHW does not offer services in our area...NOT OUR FAULT. The new home owners did not want home warranty services, also not our fault. We knew of the $50 cancellation fee, but in our conversations with Brenda and Alfred, no mention was made about the deduction from our refund for what Fst American paid out....we are being penalized an additional $200 because we sold our home and they do not offer services where we currently live. If you are reading this post----look elsewhere for home warranty services. Better yet...hire a local handyman and support a local business. Shame, shame on FAHW.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Mitchell. Thank you for your review. Per the terms of the home warranty contract under Cancellations states "If the Contract is cancelled, the Contract holder shall be entitled to a pro rata refund of the paid Contract fee for the unexpired term, less a $50 administrative fee and all service costs incurred by Company."

Sep. 24th, 2021

Marriah powell Los Angeles, CA

My AC was broken for 6 weeks in over 100 degree weather. I caught the contractor and warranty company in lies. I finally gave up called a local company and paid out of pocket. They had it fixed in an hour. I paid $55 a month for the warranty a $75 deductible. Had to buy a $400 AC for my bedroom so I could sleep. Had to eat out every day because it was to hot to cook. My electric bill went up because the little AC ran 24/7 trying to keep my bedroom cool. I basically lived in my bedroom for the 6 weeks. So in the end I could pay $675 to fix the AC myself. The only good thing is the local rep is helping me get reimbursed for some of the money I had to pay out.

Harrison Menlo Park, CA

I had issues arise with both my refrigerator and dryer after purchasing a new home and in both cases the technician failed to contact me or show up to at least one of the appointments I scheduled. First American made no effort to assist me in working through these scheduling challenges and did not treat this issue with any degree of concern or priority. As a company that operates as a middle-man between a consumer and a service technician, I find this to be completely unacceptable. Their role is to streamline this process but at every step in the process they only served to further waste my time (e.g. sitting on hold, talking to First American representatives who were either unwilling or unable to address my issues, etc) and to cause me more frustration. In retrospect, even though I had two repairs which would seem to have made this purchase a cost effective one for me, I regret purchasing a home warranty from First American on account of the hassle and frustration they introduced into my repairs. I will never purchase any service from them again and strongly recommend others steering clear of them.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Harrison. Thank you for your review. We have sent you a message for additional information.

Jul. 8th, 2021

George Stavri Las Vegas, NV

I dont like anything about this company. With few exceptions this company actions are misleading on the border of fraudulent. My last 2 experiences were horrendous. Couple of months ago the washer started making grinding noises. We called the warranty. After paying $75 the serviceman told us without a through investigation that the center post is out of alignment because we are washing too many clothes. Hello ?? As of result they denied fixing the machine. Prior to this incident we called because the electricity at the 2nd floor was inadequate coming and going. The home insurance electrician came and said the reason the fuse is tripping is because we are using an outlet with and extension with multiple outlets. Because of this he said they will not fixed it because the problem is outside of the coverage. What ? What was plugged in there were tv screen and monitors. Mind you the panel is 200 amps. Subsequent to paying the $75 we called a professional troubleshooter from a very large electric company. He fixed the problem and told us that what the insurance company was telling us IS PURE "BOGUS". I also think our phone number and email is on their blacklist as I can't go through to them to place another claim. DO NOT INSURE WITH THIS COMPANY. I would love to give them some TV space so everybody can learn how bad this company is.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello George. Thank you for your review. We have messaged you for additional information.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Bolo Bucketz Chandler, AZ

I have been out of AC almost a month now. They sent a company to my house that misreported the issue, saying my unit was missing components so it wasnt covered. I paid out of pocket for a 3rd party HVAC company (with a better reputation) and they said all the parts are there, and that the unit is very old and should be replaced. So I called FAHW back and they sent another company. The tech went on the roof for 10 minutes and the air started blowing cold. He said it was a "bad wire". The next day, the air went out again. The claim is reopened and I have to wait another week for one of their techs to come back. Its 115 degrees in Phoenix, AZ right now! Am I paranoid for thinking this company is doing everything they can to avoid replacing this unit?

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Bolo. Thank you for your feedback. We have sent you a message requesting additional information.

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Viren Popli Houston, TX

We got a sellers insurance. One of our ACs is not working . We filed a service request on 6/13 and paid for it online but they didnt allocate a contractor. So we filed a second request on 6/15. Now they gave us a contractor. After waiting for another day for them to contact us, we called the contractor to get an appointment, earliest available date 6/19. No way to speak to anyone or even and email address to write to them. Waiting in the heat for someone to come. Will update how the appointment itself goes.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Viren. Our records show that we dispatched Expert HVAC who repaired a loose wire on your condensing unit. We are aware that you claim has been satisfied and is now closed. Thank you.

Jul. 1st, 2021

M B Denver, CO

The online service call system will send you a technician who cannot work with your type of appliance. When you try to reach F Am to talk about it you'll have to overcome a voice mail system designed to send human beings into spirals of frustrated rage while deflecting all inquiries. Stay on the phone for an hour and you may reach a customer service person with no authority to help you. Keep trying. Eventually they may send someone who can actually fix your oven. It will not be worth the toll on your sanity from dealing with them.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello M B. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We have sent you a message requesting for additional information.

Jun. 8th, 2021

Mike Bonfiglio Ellerbe, NC

I have had a policy with First American for at least 7 years now. For whatever reason, they have been miserable the previous 3 [of 7] years. I'll tell you about one incident in particular. In the beginning of March I filed a claim to have my upstairs (two-zone) air conditioner fixed because it was not blowing cold air. About a week later, the assigned company comes out and he inspected my A/C unit. The technician determined the relay switch needed to be replaced, but it had to be ordered. A few week later the technician comes back out and he changes the relay switch. However, the A/C still was not working. Therefore, the technician determined the compressor needed to be replaced. I got three (3) emails from First American regarding the replacement of the compressor after the technician made his recommendation to First American. The first email was April 1, and it indicated they were reviewing the contractor's notes. The other two emails came on April 5. One email authorized the repair and the second email said they [First American] ordered the compressor. I later came to find out, from the technician himself, that First American orders the parts, not the contractors. Per the technician, First American did not order a factory (original) part. It was a compressor that operator/sounded completely different [compared the the original compressor that broke and the original compressor on the downstairs unit]. As a matter of fact, the part they ordered was missing pieces and the technician had to leave the job site to purchase the parts he needed to complete the job. Between 2-3 weeks later, I called the assigned contractor because I had not heard from them, despite the First American email saying the compressor was ordered. However, I did not get an answer (there was a consistent pattern of the contractor never answering the phone, which resulted in he and I playing "telephone tag.") so I left a message. He called me later on the same day and scheduled an appointment for the next day. This is where it gets good. The technician came out and replaced the compressor, thus fixing my upstairs A/C unit. I actually think the technician.... and the technician alone... did a fantastic job. So, the job was finished and the technician came up to me and said he needed to collect $300. I thought he was joking, but he was serious. Apparently, First American was billing me $300 for out of pocket expenses that no one ever told me about.... ever. Not in an email, or in the work order, or a phone call, or any other form of communication. Per First American's FAQ section on their website, "...First American or the contractor will communicate this information and the associated costs." That never happened. I called the company and spoke to a supervisor about 5 minutes after the technician left. After being on hold for 20 minutes, I finally got her on the line. Per the supervisor, the only way I'd be able to get my $300 back was for them to send the contractor company back to my house and un-do all of the work they did. I said, "Fine, do that." That was a week ago and I still haven't heard anything from them. I just filed my complaint with the Better Business Bureau. If they can not help me to get my $300 back, then I have other avenues I intend to take.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Mike. Thank you for your review. We have sent you a message for additional information.

May. 7th, 2021

Elaine Saafir Los Angeles, CA

Recently requested service and services were not complete by contractor. Tech stated they informed American Warranty and did not get approval, but me, the client, was not given the info

Matthew Moore Virginia Beach, VA

Slow to fix any claims. I have waited over 30 days for repairs on multiple claims. They will replace only one small component at a time no matter how many failures a single piece of equipment has. If your A/C or heater goes out expect your home to be in the 90s or 40s depending on the season. Calls are not answered. Messages are not returned. Find another home warranty company! Do not sign up for this service!

Abbot Klein Deland, FL

I have had several repairs in the past few years ,( my home just turned 21) and my experience has been good. easy to report, fast response expert repairs. en very good. Fast

Jeffrey Furmanek Vail, AZ

Excellent customer service. Customer service reps are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Glad I chose First American.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Jeffrey. We are glad to be your home warranty provider! Thank you for your feedback!

LUCIA DOMVILLE San Diego, CA

GOOD SERVICE NOT SO EXPENSIVE AND NICE PEOPLE. ON TIME. FRIENDLY. VERY CLEAN AND ACCURATE. PERSONAL CONFIDENT WITH THEIR WORK

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Lucia for your kind words.

Glenn Silver Centreville, VA

First American has been relatively easy to work with and responsive. Sometimes their contractors fail to inspire confidence and ae unable to fix minor problems on the spot.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review Glenn!

brenda byrd

I been with you guys for years have had no problem with them and i get my house problem taking care of with in 24 hours

SA Davis

The vendor they sent fixed my garage door within a few hours of their arrival, however they did not work on the weekend so I couldn't access my garage until the next week.

Kaaron Sloan

The company is only as good as the service companies they use. Because when they could not repair my washer they replay it with a new one of equal value.

Janet and Gordon Banwart

So far we haven't had any service, Our parts are in but no one answers the phone to set up an appointment. After we get our first service call we will be able to rate your company.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Janet and Gordon, First American apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process. At this time, our records indicate that United Services of Arizona has been authorized to replace the control board to your oven range. United Services of Arizona will contact you directly to schedule a mutually convenient appointment to repair the unit. Please be advised, First American considers your claim pending. Thank you

Dec. 22nd, 2020

Deborah Ragan

When I place a claim on line or by phone they give me everything I need concerning my contractor assign to my request and their phone information.

Kathie

FAH explained the warranty very well, answered all questions. Process to sign up and pay was easy, and using this warranty has been a breeze.

Blair Carter

The Home Warranty that came with the property I've kept and used for a variety of things through the years. Comes in handy and saves money for sure.

Brenda

My first occasion to use my new home warranty has been a huge disappointment.. my microwave stopped working in 11/15 andI immediately reported it and was told the claim would be filed... which it was and in 36 hours Sears sent an email that Sears service department would be ti my home on DECEMBER 29....6 WEEKS AWAY!!! to repair a microwave!! I called FAHW again yesterday to question the time stated and was told Sears would call within 4 hours... 2 days later, I'm still waiting!!!

Barbara

I have had them for my 2 homes for at least 5 years. Having such a service, I feel confident that I won't face sudden large costly repairs.

Nov. 18th, 2020

Ronald Anzai

Great costumer service when I called. This is ridiculous that it must be fourth characters. I will rate lower next time because of this.

Nov. 3rd, 2020

Frances Perez

Never had problems with this company. When I call for service the response is almost immediate. No hassles. Just pay the copay and ur good to go.

Nov. 3rd, 2020

Giola Rosario

Long standing relationship since 2015. Website is very user friendly if need to submit a claim. Timely response and reputable vendors.

Ricky Maxwell Sr.

First American Home Warranty has excellent customer service and gives you piece of mind in knowing that your home is protected with a home warranty.

MASON E ABELL

I have not had to repair anything yet so cannot give a star, but what I have heard from other people , they are satisfied greatly.

Willa Hudson

Very respectful and understanding. They treat you like you are so special. The service we have recieved is so excellent

Aundrea

They have not failed me yet since I have been with 2 years. They have completed and fix everything that I have called them for.

Sharon Deleal

Helpful & courtesy when first company they contact couldn't come to unclog my kitchen sink for a week and a half they found someone else who could come in 2 days

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Oct. 9th, 2020

Joshua

Because they replaced my washing machine and replaced a faucet when it was needed not like some other home warranty companies that I had.

Sep. 24th, 2020

Charles

The warranty is easy to read and explainable. The warranty was way to set up and they provide excellent customer service

William Edwards Apopka, FL

NO PROBLEMS WHEN ISSUES COME UP.THE VENDORS WHOR WERE SENT OUT DID A EXCCELLENT JOB FIGUREING OUT THE PROBLEM AND FIXING IT

Mary Mulroy Collierville, TN

Good company but I have always had to communicate online. Have never been able to speak to anyone. Have been on hold for 30+ minutes two different times.

Chris Antioch, TN

First American home warranty is a great service. They were very professional and friendly when I had air conditioner issues.

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Robert Marder Pacoima, CA

Only had 1 issue with a Plummer contractor which I had to request not to send to my home out of all many contractors sent on different appliances or issurs

Sep. 3rd, 2020

Mike Rumley Lake Helen, FL

We have a long history of great service with FAHW. They have always honored their promises and taken care of issues in a timely manner.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your review. Have a great day.

Aug. 19th, 2020

Marissa & Nathaniel Bianco North Las Vegas, NV

If I could give zero stars I would. We called to put a request in for for our new homes refrigerator and an agent actually answered the phone SINGING and was very very very obviously under the influence of alcohol/drugs. So extremely disrespectful!!!! And then when we did get "help" they said they wouldn't be able to come to our house until the end of the next week. So we had to go out and buy a brand new refrigerator because we have 3 kids and all of our food was completely ruined. Hands down absolute WORST customer service my husband and I have ever received.

ROY SHELTON West Point, MS

THE HAVE SERVED ME WELL AS A CUSTOMER. THEY MAKE SURE THAT THE SERVICE THEY PROVIDE IS SATISFACTORY. THEY ALSO PICK SOME OF THE BEST TECTNICIANS

Aug. 13th, 2020

Debbie Clayton, NC

Excellent at getting back with me and scheduling a service technician to repair what is wrong. But, I have still had to pay pretty steep fees over what First American covers.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate the feedback. Have a great day.

Aug. 6th, 2020