First American Home Warranty

7.4

Anonymous Laguna Niguel, CA

Customer support is quick to respond and quality. Their initial response time is pretty good but after the plan starts working, it usually takes up to two weeks because of the delay with bringing the appliance.

Cynthia Atlanta, GA

Cn do a little better with the appointment schedule, it sometimes gets confusing. There is pretty good turn around and anytime I have used them, they've always been very professional and knowledgeable.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate your feedback Cynthia!

Jun. 3rd, 2019

Wayne Conroe, TX

I've used them a couple of times and they are very efficient. They replaces my air conditioning for me. The people they sent out were very professional.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Wayne for your review.

Aida Sun Valley, CA

They always take care of our problems very fast. The times we've needed them, they take care of out problems. I want to thank them for their good work and service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Aida for your feedback, we truly appreciate it!

Debbie Mayer, AZ

We have used them for years and they've always been pretty good. They are not always perfect but they have tried to work with us. They always come through. When we used it to deal with our range, they were very prompt.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Debbie for being with us for many years. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Anonymous Brooksville, FL

There is room improvement but they are generally good. I had the hot water tank and the air conditioning fixed and the hot water tank was wonderful and the air conditioning unit is inferior quality.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your review!

Aaron Maumelle, AR

FAHW did everything they needed to do and kept me informed by calling. When I used the warranty on the garbage disposal, they sent a plumber and he fixed it.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Aaron, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your garbage disposal was repaired. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Rhonda Bakersfield, CA

Customer service is pretty good. They are not perfect but they do a pretty good job and they follow up. I don't love that they keep fixing the same appliance and not replacing it.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate your feedback Rhonda.

Sharon Ft. Washington, MD

I chose them because I thought it was a great company to work with. I don't think it worth the money and I should have gone with another company. The contractors don't complete the job and there is a lot of back and forth and my washing machine still does not work. I would not refer them.

M. Wasserman Irvine, CA

They tried to put a lesser hp garbage disposal in. I refused it. It took another few weeks to get permission to put a like hp one in. Mine was very quiet. The new one is like a freight train in the kitchen. Not real happy with it.

John

They always take care of everything. I have a plumbing leak and within a few days they fixed the leak. It's just great to take care of it very quickly.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you John for your review.

Martin Canyon Country, CA

The service that was provided was good. It was very prompt and efficient, but my wall paint was damaged a little when my dryer had to be replaced. They are a very trustworthy company.

Larry

There have been a couple of times that I have gotten a delay when trying to reach the operator. They have sent out vendors to come help with repairs that weren't all the best.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Larry for your review.

Jose Bakersfield, CA

Customer service always answers my calls and are very good about answering my questions. I had a leak with my garbage disposer, and they took care of it right away.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Jose. We are glad to hear your plumbing repairs were taken care of. Thank you for choosing First American.

Matthew Easterbrook Atascadero, CA

Very nice and wonderful customer service.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Matthew for your review.

Jun. 21st, 2021

Rice Burleson, TX

Always prompt to provide service and courteous and helpful

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Rice for your feedback.

Jun. 21st, 2021

Patti McWherter-Belew Bakersfield, CA

Very quick to help and get my problems solved

Thank you Patti!

John Wilson Ironton, OH

Service took to long. I had to take 5 separate days off work even after I was told it would be replaced and the appliance isn't working 100%

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello John. Thank you for your review. We have requested additional information from you.

Lucille B Chacon San Jose, CA

Friendly and efficient. They are always accommodating.

Thank you Lucille.

Mary H Oklahoma City, OK

Great service providers are sent out in a timely matter.

Thank you Mary!

Joshua Johnson Greer, SC

Fast scheduling with First American home warranty.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Joshua. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Michael E Darling La Palma, CA

Flawless service. Easy to process claims.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for your feedback Michael.

Gary Grange Golden, CO

Knowledgable techs and good communication.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thanks Gary for your feedback.

Diane Vargas Auberry, CA

Efficient. Contacting make sure getting things done.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

We appreciate your feedback Diane.

Gardengal Chandler, AZ

We have never had to use this service until we moved into our retirement home. The microwave/oven combo was 30 years old and stopped working after a year. The repairman could not get parts, it had to be replaced. It was an old Kitchenaid which is my go-to brand for this appliance. Unfortunately, due to their association with Sears they wanted to give me a Kenmore. I refused it and had them send me a check for the value of the Kenmore. I used it to purchase what I wanted. I paid the difference rather than accept an appliance I knew would not work well for me. I didn't have any disputes it was purely the way they do business. On three other occasions they have made repairs and replaced parts. One was replacing the ice maker in the Samsung refrigerator when the repair didn't last. No problems.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello. We thank you for your feedback. We are happy that all the issues mentioned were resolved. Have a great day.

May. 8th, 2020

Senior Citizane Winnetka, CA

After a recent rating of 1 across the board I now have to update my rating for 1st American Home Warranty. I finally had a supervisor(from the U.S.) take a double look at my washer machine claim and reversed the denial. They also replaced my washer with a brand new one, took care of all the details, deliver,haulaway,install...etc...Thank You Carlotta for the help with everything this Senior Citizen and his wife needed to get back to normal with our laundry. I no longer feel betrayed by the Warranty Company I've had for numerous years....Thanks again for the replacement,it does make life easer...Jason

Mike Russum Biloxi, MS

Highly recommended. We bought a home and decided to get a home warranty. Good thing. The heat pump/AC condensing unit went out two weeks later. First American replaced it completely! The only downside is the companies they use aren’t top tier “well known” companies but they did the job and did it correctly. I only paid a $75 service charge and $150 for items not covered. Not bad since the unit and installation was over $4,000!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Mike for your review.

Aug. 14th, 2019

itzel silva zarco Stockton, CA

I had plumbing issues with my sink. I called not know what to expect and what the expense would be. They sent the information of the company that would contact me and work on my home. They showed up within days and fixed the leak. When they came and checked my home they also found a second leak which i had no clue off. My warranty covered EVERYTHING! The original issue. Back up plumbing and leaking AND the additional issue that showed up at the time of inspection! I am grateful for all the help!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Itzel. Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate it.

Jun. 10th, 2019

Andrea Eugene, OR

First American Home Warranty offers great protection for your home. The service they provide is well worth the price you pay. They have been a lifesaver to us, when we moved into our home and realized that the heating and ac was broken. They offered us excellent service and quick turnaround times. Also having First American Home Warranty saved us a lot in out of pocket costs. I would highly recommend their service to anyone, especially if you're moving into an existing home!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you Andrea for your review. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

May. 31st, 2019

Lynn B Richards Tucson, AZ

My experience was both delightful and frustrating. Eventually, we got a new washing machine that is wonderful! However, the journey to get it took nearly a month. Initially when I made the call for a service request, I told them that I am not at home, Tuesday thru Thursday, but my guest at the home, Sue, would be there. Additionally, I have a padlocked gate at my house, and the service people can't get to the door without first calling to let me know they are there. So since I would be away, I gave them Sue's phone number to call. However, on the day they arrived, they called me, not Sue. I repeated my initial instructions, and they said they had no way of having both numbers on the work order. This simply is nonsense! You must have many customers who are landlords who pay the bills and make decisions, while also having tenants who are occupying the home. This requires two different names and phone numbers. Please change your system to include and identify landlord/tenant names and phone numbers! As for the service... The initial service person was personable and clearly trying to help. He worked hard for quite some time on the machine. Then he said he needed to order parts. He was new as a technician, and no one with more experience was sent with him. When the parts finally arrived, he came back to install the new parts, and it did not solve the problem. So we waited again. Meanwhile no communication. By the third time, the manager and the new technician were both on the job. The manager appeared not to care about my situation, nor did he appear to care if it were ever fixed. When I complained about the time it was taking, and told him perhaps he should just get a new machine, HE LAUGHED!!! But a few days later I got a call from the warranty people saying they were going to replace it. I To summarize, the service people were either confused or unwilling to replace the machine, and returned 3 times trying to fix the old one. Each time there was a nearly ten day wait to get parts. This waiting time was very difficult for me I had no way to wash my clothes for a month, and I didn't get any phone calls saying what to expect. Perhaps you could have given me a loaner to use while the parts were ordered. Better communication would have helped greatly. Thinking of how it might be if you were the customer would automatically improve the communication. No one wants to be left in the dark when a repair is needed in their home. I haven't any idea why it took so long, and that was extremely frustrating. But the new machine is excellent, and I'm happy with the final result.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Lynn. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad to hear that your washing machine has been replaced. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

May. 22nd, 2019

D. K.

We have a Home Warranty on a rental property we own. The tenants reported that there was water leaking from the ceiling. We began to worry that there might be an ice dam causing water to be pushed into the house. But the plumber that was called to check things out, found that a washing machine hose was the cause of the water leak. It’s comforting to know that the Home Warranty offers specialists in so many fields and they are quite prompt in getting the right people on the job!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you D.K. for your review!

Mar. 20th, 2019

Henry Wolanski Pipe Creek, TX

We had a problem with a clothes washer not draining, contacted AHW through their website to setup an appointment. It took a few days before the local appliance contractor could come out, when they did they determined it was a failed pump, had to arrange with AHW to approve the part then order. It was a week later before the contractor could return to install the part. The contractor did a decent job with the repair but AHW has inherit delays in approval and ordering that dealing directly with a local contractor could be avoided. The only glitch was a request to pay the service fee after it had already been paid to the contractor upon arrival. I would recommend not to prepay online when placing a call for service. The current system does allow a notification of a tech in route and a follow up on completion of the service. We faired much better than others with only minor delays to approve and order parts.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Henry. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We appreciate it.

Mar. 8th, 2019

April Milliken Sacramento, CA

I was about to change home warranty companies as I was very dissatisfied with 1st American. Long waits on the phone and no supervisors to talk to. Then they instituted a much better on line system where you can place an order and have a vendor to call within minutes. When the vendor has not called me back, or has too long of a lead time, I tell them on line and they immediately send me another contact. The system has been much improved and I have 4 policies with them. Do everything on line with 1st American and you should have minimal problems. They've also upgraded their vendors through on line feedback from their customers. Much,much more responsive now. Much better than American Home Shield. I have no experience with the other home warranty companies.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Thank you for the feedback, April. We are happy to hear that the improvements we are making internally are making a difference for our customers.

Jun. 17th, 2019

Wendy Gianini Renton, WA

Thank you First American Home Warranty!! We bought all new appliances (refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, washer and dryer) in May 2016 when we purchased our home. After a major issue with our home in February 2018 that we paid out of pocket for because we did not have a home warranty I did research on home warranty companies and was very Leary from the bad reviews. After much review of the company and drilling our salesman about the bad reviews I read online we decided to give First American a chance. It was the best decision we made, there is a 30 day waiting period after you sign up. The company asks you about the status of your appliances currently and since they were all brand new they were all working fine. Three weeks after our home warranty became active after the 30 day waiting period our refrigerator suddenly stopped working. We put in a claim with the warranty company and Sears came out to survey the issue within a week. Sears said the refrigerator had a leak of coolant in the motor department and would need major repair. First American approved the repair, after the parts were ordered and arrived Sears came back and installed the parts. Unfortunately that did not fix the issue, we still had a refrigerator that was 70 degrees. We called First American again and they sent Sears back out and it was determined the refrigerator needed to be replaced. First American purchased a new refrigerator for us under our home warranty! The only complaint I have is the communication between First American and us could of been a lot better. We had to call First American MANY times to keep the ball rolling forward or find out the status of repairs or replacement. If First American reads this review, please improve your communication with customers it will eliminate some of the frustration for customers.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Robert. Thank you for your feedback. Have a good day.

May. 6th, 2020

Debbie Las Vegas, NV

I requested two service at $85 a piece. Both service cost me $170 for nothing. They did not fix either issue. I requested a refund and they refused. I am very dissatisfied with this warranty company.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Debbie. Thank you for your feedback. We have reached out to you for additional information.

Jul. 16th, 2021

B San Diego, CA

Filed a claim for a defected electric stove. The technician was unable to fix it. I have been offer $150 to replace a $3000 electric build in oven. Impossible to speak to somebody in USA.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello B. Thank you for your feedback. We have messaged you for additional information.

Jul. 8th, 2021

Paul Port Orchard, WA

Worst company to work with! I have been waiting for one month now with out a working fridge! Terrible customer service. At this point I am still waiting for them to fix my not working refrigerator! 1 MONTH!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi. Paul, we are sorry to hear that. At this time, we are doing all that we can to get you sooner service. Thank you.

Jul. 13th, 2021

Faith Mitchell Jacksonville, AR

Never a problem receiving service! Always on time! Parts ordered if needed.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Great to hear, Faith. Thank you!

May. 25th, 2021

Barb Abingdon, MD

Great service and great tech explanation of what he was doing. Very friendly and quick service.

Hi Barb. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day

Teena Hunter Ontario, CA

Been with the company for 14 years have had good value and service

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Teena. Thank you for your feedback and being such a loyal customer.

M. Snyder Oakland, TN

Price is good, good customer service, quick to respond to request.

Juanita Alvarado Sun City, AZ

They been very professional and quick about getting help when I need it.

Lynette Fernley, NV

I’ve been very happy with the way they cover any issues I’ve had

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hello Lynette. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Carl Desoto, TX

The response time and reliability. I am very please with whole process!

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Carl. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Larry Williams Cordova, TN

Excellent customer service , great quality of work performed

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Larry. Thank you for feedback. We are happy to hear that you appreciate our service.

Karen Apple Valley, CA

Company has always come through but when I call I don't get business/repair shops close to home.

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Karen. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Jesse Cantero Land O Lakes, FL

The one claim I have placed was easy and was handled quickly

Reply from First American Home Warranty

Hi Jesse. Thank you for your feedback. Have a great day.

Priya Snoqualmie, WA

Excellent service and the technicians the are sending will be knowledgeable

Courtney S Huffman Cantonment, FL

They have been very responsive to our claims although it takes a little time to complete the claims

Elizabeth Jenkins Sultan, WA

Gives great service in a timely manner. I have told everyone how great you are.