Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

Mike Seifer Henderson, NV

When problems occur, they pay for a portion, (better than nothing). I have determined over the last two years that my costs to fix would exceed what I paid for AHS + what I paid for my end of expenses.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Apr. 16th, 2021

Carol Beckwith San Juan Capistrano, CA

If you have a house that is 50 years old and anything goes wrong with the plumbing, wiring, etc. The person they send out can say the whole system needs to be upgraded and American Home Shield won't cover it.

Erin Rinehart Panama City Beach, FL

I have used them many times for my home. It is well worth the money to have a home warranty and they’ve always helped me out!

Reply from American Home Shield

We are glad to hear you see the value of your membership with us.

Apr. 13th, 2021

Christine Virginia Beach, VA

Terrible customer service. Took a month to get an answer on my plumbing issue. I had to call every week for the past month and kept getting promises that my issue would be handled. Now I have a home inspection set up and still no resolution. On the third time I called they tried to tell me that the technician deemed the appliance to be broken from not normal west and tear. Which is completely opposite of what the technician told me AND what he wrote on his work order which I plan to email to your company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Christine, I would be glad to speak with you about the plumbing issues and denials to have the repair completed.

Apr. 13th, 2021

Helen Huntley Humble, TX

Home shield can be some what confusing. Why do I have to pay for service and send a receipt before getting paid? Why are the coverage not up to date with cost?

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Helen, Thankyou for sharing feedback about your most recent AHS service experience. I hate to hear about the cost and coverage with AHS.

Apr. 19th, 2021

Johnny McDonald Orlando, FL

Responsive, Great Service and Reliable. They are always quick to respond and the Service contractors they provide are very professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for your feedback. We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service. And we are always here if you need us.

R Norman, OK

I've had to pay 2x for the same job, but that said, they have been very helpful and when my heater went out during a cold spell I had same day service

Reply from American Home Shield

We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need us in the future. Enjoy your day.

David Rockwood, TN

Never had a problem finding and scheduling very professional service. Contractors have always prompt, courteous and knowledgeable.

Reply from American Home Shield

I am happy that you were happy with your experience. Although we hope there are no issues with anything in the home in the future, we are here to service you anytime you need us. Thanks for continuing your business with us. Take care!

Kisi Koka Sacramento, CA

The great customer service you have. Also you work with trustworthy companies that know what they are doing and do it right the first time.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. Our goal is to pair you with the best contractor that will provide a quick and final resolution. We look forward to our continued business together. Have a good day.

Liliana Quinones Whittier, CA

AHS has never let me down. I always get repairs techs assigned in a timely manner. All techs are professionals and have great attitudes.

David Pittsburgh, PA

The rates are reasonable. Even tho you pay monthly, and a service fee, it's better than paying out of pocket, whatever the service is.

Reply from American Home Shield

We're happy to hear you see the value in your membership with us. Thanks for sharing.

Theresa Bush Tyler, TX

Responsiveness and quality of service. They ensure you receive timely service and ask for feedback after each service request.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us. We look forward to our continued business together. Have a great day.

Anonymous Shawnee Mission, KS

Quick response for service. My request is usually answered in a timely manner with the name of the company that will be coming.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing that you were happy with the process.

Dawn Harper Battle Ground, WA

Doesn’t feel legitimate. Customer service is almost nonexistent. Don’t try calling, a person will never answer. We’ve requested service for a couple of issues, but the ‘companies’ assigned to us were impossible to contact. Finally we got one thing fixed. I don’t know why this company gets good reviews. It must be employees and their relatives, because this has been nothing but a night for us. I’m switching companies ASAP

Reply from American Home Shield

I hate to hear you were not satisfied with your experience with us and I would like to connect with you regarding it.

Jared Wesson Savannah, TN

A claim was denied- I bought a house and the inspector missed a significant issue with the A/C unit. Now I am having to come out of pocket for a new compressor. I had to pay 75$ for a tech to come look at under the warranty agreement but nothing was done. Why even have the coverage if it won’t apply? It’s criminal. It’s not my fault that the inspector didn’t do his job. Having this is supposed to help if something is wrong within the first year.

Judith Davis Arlington, TX

They have always replaced my product, but for my refrigerator I waited for response and reply for a number of months. I called a number of times. It was very discouraging

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for your loyalty. Taking care of our members is the main goal here at AHS. We are working diligently to improve the overall member experience and we look forward to our continued business together. Have a great day.

Patty Srock Prescott Valley, AZ

Our dryer went out, the repairman was scheduled quickly, then the replacement was scheduled very fast. The replacement options were fair.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for reaching out to provide that feedback. I am glad the contractors followed through with the appointment that was set but happier for you that your issue has been resolved. We are here for you if you need us in the future. Take Care.

Maggie Laveen, AZ

I called friday afternoon about the fact my AIr Conditoner broke AGAIN after 33 days of being fixed. The first time it caught on fire, well it did it again, it caught on fire AGAIN!!! The agent said he would call me right back, BUT NEVER DID!!!

Benjamin Giles Norfolk, VA

My Service request have been resolvedEach time that I have called in my repairs have been completed even if it takes a second trip

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us. We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you and we look forward to our continued business together. Have a great day.

Dan Czarnecki Gilbert, AZ

Prompt service! The whole process went quicker than I expected and I was amazed by the quality of the Customer Service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs. Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Take Care.

Arif Camarillo, CA

Convenient & works well. Whole process is simple and efficient. One can rest assured that technician are masters of their skill and will be able to resolve the issue at hand

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for letting us know everything worked out great for you. Taking care of our members is the main goal here at AHS. I am glad that you were happy with the work done. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Enjoy your day.

Mario Abrantes Phoenix, AZ

I had a problem and it was fast and easy to solve... No waiting on the phone for 30 min, just a quick online 2 step way.. Loved it

Dennis Chicago, IL

This is the most horrible company I have ever dealt with their customer service sucks they have people in the Philippines who are reading from a script I had water in my basement for seven days without the assistance they called a contractor out who came out lied and told them that the service can be fixed I had to do a second opinion with you and the other guy came out and got it done this is the most bogus company I have ever ever dealt with and I wish I have never did business with them

Casandra Dixon Mansfield, TX

Never had any issues with claims; service calls are addressed in a timely manner; no issues when replacements are required

Reply from American Home Shield

We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you.

Chris Conte Austin, TX

Over the years they have been great. We have been waiting for a call from Proficient for our ice maker for a month now and nobody followed up from AHS

Wendy Dallas, TX

Prompt scheduling of appointments, polite and efficient customer service, with excellent problem-solving every step of the way.

Reply from American Home Shield

Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Enjoy your day.

Scotty Ward Whitesburg, GA

I called and within 5 minutes someone was setting up an appointment to come work on our heat pump, work was completed that day.

Mike and Roxanne McCreary Reno, NV

We’re grateful for the coverage that we have with American home shield and the customer service has always been wonderful

Sally M Hewitt Richmond, TX

I have been using American Home Shield services since 1990's and has never been disappointed with any of their service techs

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for your loyalty and for letting us know everything worked out great for you. Taking care of our members is the main goal here at AHS. I am glad that you were happy with the work done. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Enjoy your day.

Mary Rouse-DeGraffenriedt Greensboro, NC

Very Professional, Prompt, Courteous, and they now their job. They seems to enjoy helping others answering questions you ask them

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mary Rouse, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Mar. 27th, 2021

Lisa W. Stockbridge, GA

Their practices are deceptive; ads that currently running states that they will replace an appliance if it can't be repaired. What they fell to state is that the homeowner will be responsible for the majority of the cost to replace. If you choose not to use the service provider they contracted, you can receive the 'cash out' option which is far less than the cost of the equipment and dies not include labor!

Melissa Coffman Zephyrhills, FL

We've had some great coverage and experiences. But one item that should have been covered, they did not cover. Plus when we moved we were over refund from our previous home that we never got, they still owe us over $400.

Christopher Genesse Lawton, OK

I've had several issues with my HVAC and the Memphis, Tennessee office has not listened to the customer at all and has not been cooperative and I sent an email and they sent my email back to me. Very unsatisfied and paid completely out of pocket for the entire system to be replaced. AHS has poor customer service!

Kelly Elson Holly Ridge, NC

When you need service, from the time you put your service request in to the time they finish the repair , it is incredible

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kelly, Thanks for placing your trust in us and your willingness to share. We look forward to servicing you again soon!

John Camajani Sonoma, CA

They respond when I need them. I have been a customer for more than 20 years and they have always helped me with any issue that arises.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, Your patronage of 20 years is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy having us as your home warranty provider.

Brian Backman Rhododendron, OR

Because Jason at Clean Air Act was amazing. Hard to rate American Home Shield because I never got a personal call or email. Just this feedback survey

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brian, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Mar. 31st, 2021

Doralee Contreras Dallas, TX

The initial call to customer service, with fast repair from serviceman. Thoroughly inspected and repaired issue without hesitation.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Doralee, It is a pleasure to hear about the excellent service AHS has provided you. I hope you continue to enjoy the repairs we provide at a cost effective price!

Brenda Alcalde Lancaster, CA

I had heard so many bad stories, but my experience had been great their service is fast and work is done very professional

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brenda, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Mike Mission Viejo, CA

They aim to repair appliances as items first, than if not repairable they will replace with comparable items no matter the age.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mike, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Mar. 31st, 2021

Phyllis K Abernathy San Antonio, TX

I love HAS. It is nice to know that I have them in my toolbox when needed. Every time that I request repairs they are there rather using customer service or online.

Ruben Contreras Lake Elsinore, CA

My fridge has not been fixed yet. The appliance repair has swapped out the same part and still my fridge isn’t fixed. After the second time AHS should just get me a new fridge.

Tom Cumpian Houston, TX

Very fair pricing for a service request. AHS sent over a great HVAC technician who quickly and accurately diagnose my A/C issue.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tom, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Suzanne Sacramento, CA

This was my first time using my warranty. It took a bit of time for the contractor to schedule me in, but I am most satisfied with the service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Suzanne, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

jay hickel Trussville, AL

very happy . Process to get service is quite efficient and so far all the Contactors we have had thru American Home shield where above expectations

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi JAY, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Mar. 27th, 2021

Eugene T. Eagan, MN

I had a claim that took 3 months to resolve. Any contact to the help center was less than helpful. Many customer service reps promised call backs, including calls from supervisors, but I never received a call. Also, one of the contractors who came to my home provided a fraudulent report to AHS, and when I wanted a second opinion, the system assigned the same contractor for the inspection. And it was a big issue to get someone else assigned as a contractor. It wasn't until I reached out to someone on social media, that there was some progress in my claim.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Eugene, Thank you for bringing your most recent issues to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you about the three month delay in service and assist to reach a resolution.

Mamie Kirkland Pleasant Grove, AL

They make promises and keep them. They are dependable. I needed service one cold Saturday morning and a tech was out within a few hours as promised.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mamie, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Karen Lencoski Palatine, IL

I have had to use your service a few times over the last 6 years. Each time - speed, efficiency, simplicity... you make a home disaster a quick fix.

Jeff Corpus Christi, TX

Best in assigning contractor to service request! Within minutes I know who has been assigned to my job. & Requesting service is so easy & quick.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for your feedback. We love to hear when we have provided fast and easy service. And we are always here if you need us.

Wendy Kingsland, TX

everything was done in a timely manner Rick was awesome when he came out to fix our Fridge. Was very easy to set up the appointment on line.

Mar. 19th, 2021

Ranjan Chowdhry Cumberland, RI

They have always allocated and helped set up appointment in a reasonable time. Customer service is good. Happy all in all.