Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.8

Marcy Smith Holly Springs, NC

Always there when you need them. They are prompt when assigning a repair company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marcy, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

LYDIA LINDBERG Birmingham, AL

RECENT TECHS IN BIRMINGHAM MUCH IMPROVED, BUT METAIRE LA. TECHS VERY BAD ATTITUDES/COMMUNICATION/AVAILABILITY

Ray M Spring Hill, TN

Very good sourcing of contractors. Contractors are hard to get on a timely basis by individuals.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ray, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Mary Lazcano Gastonia, NC

Not enough knowledge when an international call is answered, English not spoken well. Company plans are great but more training is need it.

Mohsin Khan Suri Cypress, TX

Had plumbing issues recently, they asked for recent work order receipt I gave them now they say oh the header is missing, this is not the invoice, wasting our time the worst company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mohsin. Thank you for letting us know the problem you are having with the receipt sent for your plumbing service. I am sorry the issue has not been resolved but I would be happy to speak with you to address this matter further.

Katrena Mills Wilmington, NC

Customer-friendly and the ability to help customers resolve issues. Great reps!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Katrena. We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with AHS. We want our members to know they can trust in the service we offer. We look forward to taking care of your next repair need as well.

Oralia Garcia Pasco, WA

I have had to file claims for repair and they have come through for me when I needed them most.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Oralia. Thank you so much for the positive feedback. One of our main goals is to provide prompt and reliable service that our member can count on. Thank you for allowing AHS to take the hassle out of your home repair needs.

Jeanette Connor Charlotte, NC

The repair people are good at their job. Can't stand it when beginners try to do the job.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jeanette. It is always so great to hear when our members let us know about their positive experiences. We do our best to provide prompt and efficient service and we are really pleased that we could do that for you. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Karen Mohler Yelm, WA

2 requests from AS the same week! #1 was septic alarm going off turned out to be a simple fix..running toilet. Contractor is to return and replace "toilet flapper.' Contractor was professional, on time and respectful. Communicated what he was doing the whole time. #2 was and electrical issue with outdoor under the Eve can lights not working. Again a simple problem easily and quickly resolved. Contractor contacted me to reschedule for an earlier time …which was much appreciated. Again contractor was on time, professional and respectful and communicated the problem resolution the entire time. Thank you times two!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Karen, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jul. 21st, 2021

Tariq Farooqui Houston, TX

When someone calls for service it takes a long time to go over the standard contact information in addition to the property info. I have multiple properties and somehow with the upgrades my property info is changed and I cannot correct the information myself. I have 4 properties in the same condo complex with same address but different units. I had the unit number in the description. Somehow the description changed on the online portal. Cannot get the customer service people understand and somehow change the property info to include unit number. When I am on line I cannot differentiate without opening the contract details. Please have someone correct the property information to include unit/apartment number

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tariq. Thank you for letting us know about the problem you are having with the apartment numbers being properly assigned. I would be happy to assist your with resolving this issue.

Jul. 13th, 2021

Susan Church Cedar Rapids, IA

The website makes it so easy to report a claim and get let me know which company has been assigned to come out. I wish there was a way to type comments but perhaps it is better to call and speak with a live person (which is a great option) if needed.The only other 2 things are 1) If there was option to pay more for a plan that allowed us to make an upgrade if/when needed (or pay the difference in price between comparable and desired upgrade) that would be amazing! and 2) Anyone considering a home warranty should know repairs may take significantly longer than if you were paying company directly, as often the parts have to come from a source the warranty company works with.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Susan. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback regarding the warranty service. We are so happy that you took time to share this information. I am glad that you enjoy using the website. We continue to make improvements so that more features will be available to our members over time. Thank you for trusting AHS as your home warranty company.

Jul. 15th, 2021

Judy Thompson Columbus, OH

AHS was on the job quickly. My air conditioner had stopped running. The temperature in my home was 88 degrees. My poor dog was panting and restless. I was hot, and miserable in spite of the fans. I contacted AHS via email. Entered my info and the problem I was having. AHS response was quick, informing me that a technician will be contacting me shortly. I just knew that shortly meant weeks from now since this was the time of the season when people are getting their air conditioners maintenanced. I was wrong and surprised, I was contacted by the technician the same day and an appointment was made for the next day. A technician came out the next day, saw the problem and solved it in less than ten minutes. I am very happy that I have AHS and really appreciate how efficient they are. Hats off to AHS!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Judy, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the most recent air conditioner repairs that were completed. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jun. 8th, 2021

Deanna Davenport Murrieta, CA

Because he was on time, professional, knew exactly what was wrong and wanted to make the repair right then and there

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Deanna, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Gilberto Pinzon Fort Lauderdale, FL

Response is slow, I don't see a benefit on the membership, I request a repair on a washing machine, the technician came and said we probably would need a new machine, never got a follow up from Home shield until I called

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gilberto. Thank you for taking time to express your concerns with the service you received for your washer replacement. I am sorry to hear that it took so long to resolve the issue. We do understand how important it is to our members that issues be resolved promptly and effectively. Please feel free to let me know if there is still any unresolved issue that I may further assist you with.

Cheri Collier Riverside, CA

On this warranty I'm very satisfied. Today repair was my waher boot. The company was knowledgeable and friendly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Cheri. Thank you for time in letting us know how we are doing. We always do our best to provide prompt and efficient service for our members. It is so wonderful that we were able to do that for you with your washer. Thank you for trusting AHS.

David Goodwillie Skillman, NJ

The appointment with the repair company was set up very quickly and the work done efficiently and professionally

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi David, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Maria Clemente/Richard Guzman Stoughton, MA

It was my first time making a claim after a year with the company and so far so good. Quick and easy process to fix my dryer

Carol Conley Atlanta, GA

So far my experience with AHS is a positive one. They select the best companies to complete work in your home.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Carol. We thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with your service experiences, and we look forward to providing you with a great experience for your next repair need as well.

John Hess Brighton, CO

Quick response, accurate assessment, and returned to complete the repair of our microwave as soon as the parts arrived.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John. Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your service experience with the microwave. It is really great to know the problem was resolved to your satisfaction. We can't wait to provide you with great service again.

Lucia Martinez Broad Run, VA

I was provided with individuals that were skilled, professionals and got the work done regardless of daylight.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lucia. We really appreciate you taking time to let us know that your problem was resolved so effectively. We look forward to working with you again and thank you for choosing AHS as your warranty company.

Richard Kuhn Loveland, OH

Recommended Tom Melton Services for Water heater issue and they came and said we needed a new water heater. We did not, Called someone else and they fixed right away No one from AHS has ever called or emailed us!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Richard. Thank you for telling us about your service experience. I am sorry to hear that no one followed up with you. I would be happy to speak with you regarding this issue.

Nov. 19th, 2021

Frank N Powell Jr Greenwood, LA

The workmen solved the problem and are waiting on American Home Shield for the go ahead and finish my situation.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Frank. Thank you for your positive feedback. We are very happy to know that you are satisfied with the service you received. We look forward to getting the job completed for you.

Pamela Wiedenkeller Borrego Springs, CA

Fast, repair person was knowledgeable and fixed the problem in relatively short time. Communication was excellent.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Pamela, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Charles D. Truitt Newport News, VA

AHS has been very helpful in providing us with fast response and service for our needs and concerns!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Charles, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

david saylor Palm Springs, CA

toilet was quickly repaired, service tech was on time and was helpful in pointing another possible problem

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi David, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Ellen French Kearneysville, WV

Had furnace checked. HVAC called next day, scheduled appt. arrived on time and was very professional

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ellen, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Gary Arnold Belleville, IL

Their services was great to the need of our family. There was no way I could afford a new washer without having AHS

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gary. One of our main goals is to provide prompt and reliable service that our member can count on. Thank you for allowing AHS to take the hassle out of your home repair needs.

Harold Gobbel Columbia, SC

Best experience ever with a warranty company. Quick to respond, assign a tech, and replace my fridge!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Harold. Thank you for time in letting us know how we are doing. We always do our best to provide prompt and efficient service for our members. It is so wonderful that we were able to do that for you with your refrigerator. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Mable Mills Augusta, GA

Always room for improvement, the service from the company had been great. The companies that sends out a technician has been great thus far.

Patricia kirksey Lawrenceville, GA

Because they sent a company out the repairs r air conditioner on three times and they didn't fix it cost me 1000.00 in repairing my floors. And they only wanted to give me a 100. 00 on Next Service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Patricia. Thank you for telling us about the experience with your air conditioning repairs. I am sorry to hear that there was damage to your floors. I would be happy to speak with you to discuss this matter further.

Brenda Kelley Orange, TX

I'm having to find my own microwave drawer. Only one you found was not in my zip code. No options in where to be purchased.

Bruce & Colette Griffin Clemmons, NC

I have *NO* issues with any service coverage on my policy with AHS. The personnel are most professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bruce & Colette, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

C G Alonzo Menifee, CA

They also send technicians out when when need assistance. Their customer service is very courteous and professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi CG, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Chester H Panique, Jr Garden City, ID

Very easy to work with. Couldn't find my motherboard for my dishwasher, so they replaced the dishwasher. No hassle.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Chester. Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are so happy you were pleased with the service experience for your appliance. We love providing you with service you can count on. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Irene Haas-Knight Buena Park, CA

They are exactly what you signed up for great customer service if there is a problem they try to handle it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Irene. One of our main goals is to provide prompt and reliable service that our member can count on. We want you to know AHS will be there whenever the time comes.

leo Jake Naples, FL

I have had four services performed and only had a delay in one of them. Most of the responses were fast and the problem was corrected or replaced

LINDA K HILL San Diego, CA

MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, CONTRACTORS HAVE NOT PROVIDED SATISFACTORY SERVICE. MY IMPRESSION IS THAT THESE CONTRACTORS WOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS IF THEY WERE NOT OFFERED SERVICE CALLS BY AHS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Linda. Thank you for your feedback. We really do hate to hear that you have not been pleased with the service you have received. I would be happy to speak with you to discuss your concerns further.

sarah tafel Pittsburgh, PA

I have had no success in having an outstanding service request solved in 10 weeks. While customer service reps are very nice, they read from a script and recite the same thing every time I call (at least 20) - "the parts have been ordered." This is unacceptable and I'm extremely disappointed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sarah. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I am sorry to hear that you service issue has not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you to address this matter further.

Nov. 19th, 2021

Laura Morin Encinitas, CA

Only giving one star because I can't give zero. This company is absolutely useless. They take so long to fix items it is almost as if they are hoping you just fix it yourself. The technicians seem frustrated since they won't seem to approve replacements when they don't know how to repair. Here is a summary of some of my issues: - 4 different technicians in five different visits for a cooktop that still isn't fixed after four months - 3 different technicians over 4 visits for a kitchen fridge that took months to repair, they fixed the power supply, but now the ice maker doesn't work (it is not fun to try to live without a kitchen fridge) - kitchen sink with minor damaged tube has yet to be repaired after three weeks (no fun over the holidays), can't get any action or response from their technician - items marked as fixed even though nothing has been done in an item - customer service people are nice, but can't make any thing happen They don't care if it takes months to fix, it doesn't bother them that it is inconvenient for you. They seem to just be trying to keep costs as low a possible without any regard to your ability to use your home for months.

Christine Van Pelt Redding, CA

I have had Home Shield for many years & everytime I have needed their services they have been very courteous, prompt in sending repair people.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Christine, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Don Amick Greenville, SC

The stars abpve were self rated and would not change. This does not fairly represent my experience of the service which was very good.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Don. We are so excited to read your review. We love taking the hassle and worry out of owning a home and look forward to providing you with great service each time you call. Thank you for being our valued home warranty member.

Dawana Johnson Perrine, FL

Never had a problem when filing a claim. The claims that I filled this year was taken care of ASAP by an accurate technician.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dawana. Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide our members with prompt and reliable service. We are so glad to have had the opportunity to take care of your repair. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Deborah A Biggers Indianapolis, IN

the repair sent out was very professional , and the person I talked to at AHS , was very helpful and answer all my questions

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Deborah, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Marie Chappelle Eureka, CA

Getting my refrigerator repaired has been quite an ordeal. 2+ weeks our we finally heard that the repaired was approved and parts were ordered. Now to wait on the parts and installation.

Barbara J Whitham Lynnwood, WA

I called in the problem on my refrigerator, a tech came out found the problem and order the part and had it installed with in a week.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Barbara. Thank you taking time to let us know about the experience with your refrigerator. It is great to know the problem was resolved to your satisfaction. We can't wait to take care of next repair need as well.

Julie Ugale Garrett, WY

Turn around time, coordination, great people without hassles, I am extremely happy to have chosen this company vs. others.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Julie. It is always so great to hear when our members let us know about their positive experiences. We do our best to provide prompt and efficient service and we are really grateful that we could do that for you. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Reed skinner Longview, WA

Best experience I have had to date with American. Answered phone timely and service provided was prompt and did why they said they would do.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Reed. It is so wonderful that your repair need was taken care of with ease. We can't wait to provide you with excellent service for your next repair need as well.

Richard Rivoira Carlsbad, CA

Very responsive to my requests and needs. Quick and efficient resolution to my issues. I am extremely satisfied with their service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Richard. We are so excited to know you are pleased with the service and coverage from your home warranty. We want you to know you can count AHS when you need us. Thank you for being our valued home warranty member.

SaBrina Macon Elgin, SC

Very professional each time I have reached out for services. In my opinion the service request I have submitted have been handled promptly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi SaBrina, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Madeline Anton Surprise, AZ

They are always there to help. The companies that come out are just wonderful. Very nice and knowledgeable in their field.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Madeline. We thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with your service experiences, and we look forward to providing you with a great experiences in the future as well.