Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

Linda Busick Donna, TX

This year American Home Shield service has been a lifesaver for me I needed repair or replacement on three major appliances my refrigerator my oven and my washer dryer combination each was repaired and American Home Shield did their best to make this happen expeditiously

Reply from American Home Shield

Linda, we are so glad to hear about your experience with AHS. We appreciate having the opportunity to have taken care of your appliance needs and look forward to addressing other repair issues in the future.

May. 28th, 2021

Robert K Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have had many experiences with American Home Shield. Sometimes it works well and a lot of times it doesn’t. It can be very difficult to get a representative and when you do often times they do not understand what the issue is. When I ask to speak to someone else they say they can’t I spend 20 minutes trying to get someone to understand me. Sometimes when things are going well, i can make a request online and get someone to the house within a day and the problem is solved. Sometimes though it take up to 6 weeks, yes weeks, to get someone to come out. When you have a house full of people you can’t wait 6 weeks for a fridge. Actually that took 3 months to get repaired. I tried to get AHS to buy me out but they refused. As you can imagine my tenant was not understanding after a week. I wouldn’t have been either.

Sara Piekielny Tucson, AZ

As new to the state of Arizona, we knew no one. As issues rose with our stove and Garage door, AHS sent service companies that were able to not only troubleshoot the problem but also provided excellent service. I would recommend them to anyone buying a new home.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sara, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

May. 19th, 2021

Jackie Haines Greensboro, NC

The HVAC Technician that you sent was professional, thorough, and found my furnace problem in 15 minutes. The reason I didn't give him a "5" is because it took seven days for him to get here, and I was pretty cold (better a little cold than too hot, however!) Also, when I asked, after he installed the new Ignitor in my gas furnace, if he could add the special bleach or vinegar to keep the drain line clean, he said "I'm only supposed to fix the problem I was sent here to repair. Anything else should be under Annual Maintenance that you arrange for, yourself.

Kelly R. Lockhart Hazel Crest, IL

A great service to have. The person they sent our was very efficient and on time. The company assessed my circuit breaker and replaced it with an upgraded on. They were very friendly and I would recommend them and AHS to others. My husband and I were referred by a friend.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kelly, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

May. 25th, 2021

Carolyn Theresa Gettys Columbia, SC

I've been a customer of AHS for many years now and have been pleased with the customer service they provide, as well as, the service providers they send out. when there has been an issuer, AHS was quick to assist with getting that issue resolved.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Carolyn, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

May. 25th, 2021

Vanda Stanley Twentynine Palms, CA

I have only had American Home Shield for a short time. The one claim I submitted resulted in wonderful customer Service. The service department that came to inspect my HVAC was phenomenal. My claim only covered a small portion but that is better than nothing.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Vanda, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

May. 26th, 2021

Karen Brock Mount Pocono, PA

They are always here when I need them. My stove needed a part that was no longer available & my stove was replaced. I had multiples to choose from or I would've been reimbursed if I purchased one on my own. Every year I save more money than my premium costs me. My husband is not a handy person, this gives great "peace of mind" knowing that my house is protected & I won't have hundreds or thousands of dollars in repair costs. I've been a customer for approximately 16 years & wouldn't be without American Home Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the stove replacement that AHS completed. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Apr. 22nd, 2021

Sheila Mitchell Baltimore, MD

Very good. AHS very productive in setting up my appointments when I call for repair services

Shawn Lamberson Gary, IN

Wonderful and Excellent response time with awesome customer service and very friendly agents

Kelly Nelson Ramona, CA

Had A/C go out the morning of a heat wave. Put in a call and had A/C fixed on the same day.

james dunson Tahuya, WA

My water heater malfunction was repaired quickly and effectively...no further problems were noted

belinda henriques Tuckahoe, VA

All of my experience with AHS has been great from customer service to the technicians!

Davina A. Spindale, NC

So very glad I chose AHS because they took care of my home issues quick and with great ease.

Karen Lancaster, PA

Very good experience - have not needed to use all that much but have been pleased with the service.

James Gilliland Clovis, CA

It was easy to use and very helpful. They were also timely and took care of what I needed done.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi James. It is so wonderful that your repair need was taken care of with ease. We can't wait to provide you with excellent service for your next repair. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Keith Adams Hyattsville, MD

I have an existing issue with low water pressure. I had an appointment with T mayes Plumbing and Heating and stay at home from 2:00-8:00 pm and they never came

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Keith. I am very sorry to hear that the contractor did not show up for your appointment. I can see why this would be upsetting. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with resolving this issue.

Brenda J Bethea Silver Spring, MD

They offered appointments within a reasonable time frame and completed the repairs to my satisfaction.

Mohammad Rahman Rockville, MD

Great service and great company. Really helpful and contract you with the best service providers.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mohammad. We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with AHS. We want you to know you can trust in the coverage we provide. It's great to hear you have not had any problems with getting your repair needs met. We look forward to taking care of your next repairwith the same level of service.

Toya Lilburn, GA

I am very satisfied. My repairs are completed efficiently and by professionals

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Toya. Thank you for taking time to write a review. It's really good to know your repairs were taken care of so effectively. We hope you continue to use and enjoy your home warranty coverage. Please continue to let us know how we are doing.

David Medrano Lubbock, TX

Everytime I have submitted a service request, AHS has been fast, friendly and effecient!

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you, David, so much for letting us know about your positive service experience. We are so glad to hear how well it went. We want you to always know you can count on AHS as your home warranty company.

Laura Conway Round Rock, TX

Always on time. Always completes the job in one visit. Never have to request,a correction.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Laura. We are so delighted to hear that we have been able to address your repair needs to your satisfaction. Thank you for taking time to write a review. We look forward to providing you with great service for your next repair need as well.

Gerald McGee Charlotte, NC

American Home Shield is fine on small and medium size appliances but not so good on major appliances such as AC units

Paul Leenheer El Paso, TX

The few times I’ve used their services, they’ve been exceedingly professional!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Paul. Thank you so much for letting us know that you received great service. We really value your opinion and value you as our home warranty member. We look forward to exceeeding your expectations for your next repair need.

Dan Taisipic Lacey, WA

Always delivered the work they say they will and on time. Great staff on the phone.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dan. Thank you for your time in letting us know how we are doing. We always do our best to provide prompt and efficient service for our members. It is so wonderful to hear that we were able to do that for you. Thank you for trusting AHS.

James wilson McCalla, AL

Very good. My only complaint is the amount of time that it takes for air conditioning repair to come to the house.

Elizabeth Green Allen, TX

We've used it once and the service was fine. It did take more than a week for us to get the appt and it was our A/C that went out.

Cathy Harrison Middleburg, FL

No one has gotten in touch with us regarding our air conditioning it’s been 4days but you took the $100 for that service very disappointed in the service eight now

Nicholas Jefferson Waldorf, MD

Quick service processing; excellent service reps, and quickly got someone out to fix the problem!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nicholas. Thank you for the positive service review. It is our goal to provide our members with prompt and reliable service for all your repair needs. We thank you for trusting AHS as your home warranty company.

Becky Groom Kennewick, WA

Amazing! Always very quick and I always tell everyone they need to pay for this service!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Becky. We love providing our members with prompt and reliable service. Thank you so much for trusting AHS to provide you with service you can count on.

Jul. 31st, 2021

Janice Sowe Las Vegas, NV

Air conditioning went out. AHS sent a very good company and their Representative knew what to do.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Janice. This is so wonderful to hear. We really appreciate you taking time to let us know that your problem was resolved so effectively. We look forward to working with you again and providing you with another great repair experience.

Marc Derrow Portage, IN

Had assigned company come out, once they saw the problem it took American Home Shield about a month before we had a new air conditioner, we suffered in the heat. Need to speed up process of replacing units

Michelle Ochoa Taylor, TX

Very convenient and a good value, I do wish that the service fee was lower. I am already paying monthly.

Brian Sims Rock Hill, SC

The service has been wonderful. I am so glad we made the choice to purchase our warranty with them

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brian, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Hannah San Diego, CA

first round, finally found out certain issues were not covered; second round, covered, requested on July 12, not yet solved by far (after 10 days)

Olufemi Amosu Katy, TX

Experience was good with AHS, right from booking for service to the point of closing my request.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Olufemi, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Javier Briseno Casa Grande, AZ

They have been really good over all this last time I'm still waiting for my cooktop range and it's been 5 months or more

P Evans Jackson, MS

Whether you call or put in the requests for service online the response is quick

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi P Evans, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jul. 28th, 2021

Diethra Clare Palmdale, CA

Put in a claim for my dryer. La Appliance came out to fix it and now the problem is still occurring. Awaiting for a call for them to come back out to fix and it's been 2 weeks

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Diethra. Thank you for letting us know you have not been contacted regarding your dryer. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution to this issue.

B Higuera Torrance, CA

The automated portion is outstanding. However, if I need to talk to a person, it is not the best setup

Erica Negron Brandon, FL

The process of submitting a request was VERY SIMPLE. However, initializing my account was a huge hassle.

Shani Asberry Hampton, GA

It has been great so far. They have contractors who respond in a very timely manner and do great work.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Shani, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Ronald Shaw Salisbury, MD

In my area sometimes it's hard to get workers here like when my pool motor went down. I had to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed

Shawn A Banks Chesapeake, VA

Very disappointed with the services I've received involving my HVAC system as well as few other repair services . For the money I'm paying I should be able to pick my own repair company after receiving poor service from the one that was provided. All in all it was time for me to go with a better Home Warranty Company

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Shawn. I am sorry to hear that you have been disappointed with the service you received for your HVAC system as well as some other issues. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with you to assist with a resolution.

Neace Dayton, OH

Horrible it's been over 20 days without air conditioning. I have asked every day to speak to management and nothing happens. I also have family that has asthma and have made this known and AHS will not do anything! I have had the run around since June 30th today is July 16th! It's ridiculous.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hello Neace. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent service experiecne with your air conditioning. We know how important it is to have your air working. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution to this issue.

Bonni Dance Henderson, NV

It was amazingly easy to request service and they were able to work with my schedule to get a local vendor to my house.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bonni. Thank you for letting us know how easy it was for you to request service. We want you to know you can count on AHS to take the hassle and worry out of your home repair needs. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Jul. 22nd, 2021

Glenn Lasley Dayton, OH

Called 2 times now both were pleased both times. Would say response was positive from both contractors

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Glenn, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jul. 22nd, 2021

Maureen Feeney Philadelphia, PA

So far so good. The part is getting ordered so I don't have any complaints about how quickly that happened

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Maureen. Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you have been happy with the service your are receiving. Please continue to let us know how we are doing. It helps us to provide you with an even better experience for your next repair need.

Nicholas Gosselin Oceanside, CA

From poor contracting companies, to denying basic repairs and replacement of items, to not being able to schedule all appliances selected for service on a tade call, you are essenitally akin to a health insurance company that sucks up money to deny as much coverage as possible.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nicholas. I do hate to hear that you have not been pleased with the service and coverage that we offer. I would be happy to speak with you regarding your concerns and assist with a resolution on any unresolved issue.

Edjuan Williams Brandon, FL

Overall the company is ok but they fall short on holding their contractors accountable and don't provide enough options if you have an emergency issue with you appliances. Customers service is also inconsistent.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Edjuan. I am sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with the service from AHS or our contractors. We appreciate you taking time to let us know your concerns. I would be happy to speak with you to address any unresolved issue.

Jul. 23rd, 2021