Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.8

dorothy francis Bass Lake, CA

plumbing issues - THANK YOU for allowing me to bundle them AND not hassling me!! Thank you for letting me state the problems and then just telling me you were sorry that was happening and sent someone right out. That is EXCELLENT customer service. I will never use another home warranty. You have it nailed :)

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dorothy, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jason Howe Chambersburg, PA

Prompt Response. I get a phone call the next day from the contracted service company to schedule repairs and it's normally within the next day. I really appreciate this level of service because when things go wrong in the home, it's nice to have them repaired in a timely manner.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jason, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Karen Herron Youngsville, LA

I had no problem until recently when I made the request for a ceiling fan repair/replacement 2hixh was scheduled and no contact.was made from the person selected so I canceled it. I rescheduled the appointment and requested another company but the same company was scheduled who didn't contact me again. So that appointment was canceled. I am now waiting for my refund for the service fee which was processed even though no service was provided for the ceiling fan.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Karen. Thank you for letting us know about yourexperience. I am sorry to hear that your trade service fee was not refunded for the cancelled service request. I would be happy to speak with you to address this issue further.

Sep. 16th, 2021

Larry Duff Frisco, TX

Left AHS after 15 years for a highly rated competitor because of lower rates. After 2 claims that were a huge hassle I returned to AHS. rates are important, but, most important is the reliability of the company to service your claims. That has always been dependable with AHS!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Larry, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy AHS!

John Rodriguez Kissimmee, FL

American home shield is outstanding everyone that owns a home should buy this company's warranty I never expected the level of service I have gotten they are professional and I spoke with their customer service and it's absolutely friendly and competent

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Ryan Young Delafield, WI

American Home Shield has been great, they have helped us every step of the way, with our warranty needs. The service personnel lay AHS and the people they've sent to our home, have professional and knowledgeable, as well as courteous throughout the process.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ryan. We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with AHS. We want our members to know they can trust in the service we provide. We are very happy that you are finding the value in your home warranty with AHS.

Trudy Napper Autrey Nacogdoches, TX

Excellent company …. Timely Service …. Best home service contact ever. We've had 3 major service calls - all of which were handled to our expectations. Having this coverage allows us to fully enjoy our home without the worries & hassles of expensive repairs!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Trudy. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. . It is so great to hear that you have been happy with the service we provide. We hope you continue to find the value in your warranty coverage. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Jacqueline Williams Laplace, LA

All positive. Whenever I've had to file a claim I've always received prompt response. If for some reason I wasn't able to keep an appointment, rescheduling was easy. Repair association was always competent and professional. On the one occasion when i needed a second opinion, American Shield made that happen

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jacqueline. We are so delighted to hear that you have been pleased with the service you are receiving. We know how important it is to our members to receive dependable service. We want you to know you can always count on AHS.

Robert M Nakon Pinckney, MI

American Home Shield covers every appliance in my home as well as electrical and plumbing. That means I don't have to worry about finding a repairman and then wonder if the job will be done right. I simply make a call or go online, explain the problem and it will be fixed. What more could you want?

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Robert. We are so happy that you took time to let us know about repair experiences. We are here to take the hassle out of home repairs. Thank you for trusting AHS to do that for you. We hope you contine to find the value in the service and coverage that we offer.

Julie Lewelling Sherwood, OR

At first it was difficult to get answers even though the customer service reps were friendly and made attempts to help resolve my issues. After a few calls, they did take care of the problem and were amazing to work with. Thank you

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Julie, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Donna Dufour Greenwell Springs, LA

I have had AHS for about 27 yrs. it has been a life saver time and time again. I’ve heard horror stories about home warranties but I can honestly say AHS is the best. I have mote time than money so I don’t mind the time it takes to get the repair done and done right. When it’s urgent AHS has always come through. Great, polite & patient customer service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Donna, We would like to first thank you for your patronage over the past 27 years! We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the service we provide!

Aug. 25th, 2021

Verna Snyder Tacoma, WA

I have only used American Home Shield once in the 3 years I have had it. The service was very quick. There are two thing I would suggest that would make using a home warranty more worth wile. First the company used for appliance repairs, has their employees use their own phones to contact customers and for older customers, if they don’t recognize a phone number, they many times block it. The other suggestion I would make is that American Home Shield should offer an insentive for customers who don’t use their American Home Shield by offering some sort of service if account is not used regularly.

M Brown Antioch, CA

While clearing a blockage in my drain, I was informed by a local plumber that my pipes were corroded and was leaking under my home. I filed a claim online at AHS and I received a call from their local partnering plumber within 24 hours for a next day appointment to assess the services needed. The following day, the corroded section was replaced within 1.5hours. The technicians were fast and professional!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi M Brown. Thank you for letting us know how effective your plumbing issue was resolved. We are so excited to hear about your experiene and we can't wait to service your next repair need.

Aug. 17th, 2021

Mikayla Duncan Las Vegas, NV

My AC broke and this was my first time having to file a claim. The AHS website was extremely easy to navigate and i was able to file my claim and be assigned a repair service quickly. They were able to come out within 2 days to fix my AC. My AC started working again right away so we thought the problem was resolved but within 4 hours from them leaving it stopped working again. The AHS website was easy to set a follow up appointment with the repair service and they were able to come back out quickly and fix the real problem at no extra charge.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mikayla. Thank you for letting us know about your repair experience. We are so happy to hear that you were able to navigate the website with ease and get your issue resolved quickly. We look forward to providing you with your next great repair experience as well.

Aug. 18th, 2021

Debra Hollingsworth Pittsburgh, PA

This year good...last year 2020 stressful coverage for plumber..when I called in to your customer service I was told that my outdoor water turn o /off valve up against house was covered..Ht eplu.ber assigned but whe they got to house I was told it was not covered by home warranty and had to pay 300$.I was very upset and when I called home warranty back had to go through several people..could not get supervisor and the representatives were difficult to understand and I had to repeat situation several ti.es. Was given some addresses but I was sooo stressed from this and couldnt deal with you people. So I lost out of 300$ because your representing gave me false information

April Gastonia, NC

The experience was excellent. We kept losing power on a Sunday and the first assigned electrician wasn't in the office, so the rep called each one on the list until one answered. The electrician called us immediately to get us scheduled first thing in the morning. They came out and worked hard to get us back up and running very quickly - within hours of diagnosing the issue. The part wasn't readily available, so they drove a couple of towns over to get us the part. Overall it was a great experience and we were very thankful to have Home Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi April, Your feedback is more than appreciated at American Home Shield. We hope you continue to enjoy the repairs that have been completed and future services to come.

Aug. 10th, 2021

FLOYD Columbia, SC

THE BEST! AHS has covered 3 homes for me for about 10 years. When I really needed them, they had not only repaired but REPLACED major appliances. My wife manage over 30 properties for several investors who use other home warranties. It's like a nightmare getting timely service. Getting nonrefundable items replaced is like putting teeth. AHS is the way to go!

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you, Floyd. We really appreciate your positive review and feedback on the service you have received. We strive to provide our members with prompt, quality service for each repair need. Thank you for letting us know we have been able to do that for you. We look forward to many more years of being your warranty company.

Aug. 11th, 2021

robert glielmi Wilmington, NC

Had to use AHS twice. First repair was a nightmare involving a mini split AC . Not caused by them but manufacturer and numberous atempts to repair. The second involved a dishwasher. Have to say response was impressive. Had an appointment with a tech the same day. he arrived on time, was professional, courteous and fixed the issue in a minimal amount of time.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Robert. Thank you so much for letting us know about the positive experience with your dishwasher. It is really great to know the issue was resolved promptly and efficiently. Thank you for trusting AHS to take care of you home repair needs.

Aug. 11th, 2021

Lola Wysingle-Fuller Vallejo, CA

Water was gushing under our sink and at first we thought it coming from the dishwasher.It was late in the evening. I made a service appointment for the following afternoon. The service men came in identified the problem and replaced the garbage disposal, the source of the sink flood. They were on time, professional, polite and efficient. My daughter. Who lives in NJ, purchased American Home Shield on my recommendation when she purchased her home. I would not have urged her to get this protection if I wasn't a satisfied customer.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lola. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. It is so wonderful to know that your repair need was taken care of to your satisfaction. Thank you for the recommendation and thank you for trusting AHS as your home warranty company.

Aug. 10th, 2021

Larry Gordon Sergeant Bluff, IA

It's worth the money! We recently bought a new home with all high end kitchen equipment but a few months after we moved in one by one these things began to fail. Fridge, range, dish washer , microwave ac etc. What a blessing to have this great coverage! Thousands of dollars saved and it only cost me $75 for a service call in each of these instances! In my view anyone without AHS could be headed for trouble! Larry Gordon

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Larry, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Aug. 4th, 2021

Anthony Shilling Spokane, WA

Everything was timely response from AHS and the contractor were within 24 hours.

Vickie Lynn Bobbitt Junction City, KS

Problem was resolved in a timely matter. Technician was knowledgeable, and answered any questions.

Andrea Phronebarger Fort Mill, SC

Requesting service was easy and the company that provided the service was excellent.

John Nice Muskogee, OK

AHS and its contractors have always been professional, caring and considerate people.

ARVINDKUMAR J KARIA Plano, TX

Very responsive professional service. Accommodated our request per our requirements

Jared Bloom Huntington Station, NY

AHS is reliable and goes above and beyond to solve the problem or replace the appliance.

Linda Courtney Saint Charles, MO

We have had them several times and they were very fair and fix whatever it was or replaced it.

Brenda S Landis Leechburg, PA

My experience was excellent. The response was prompt and the contractor did a great job!!

Brionne Folds Loganville, GA

The professionals were knowledgeable as well as resourceful in helping to fix my problem.

Shenai Powell Humble, TX

I really like having a contract with AHS, but I wish the timeframe for a service call wasn't so wide.

Joan Acquistapace Santa Rosa, CA

Very professional. They identified the problem and repaired it in a timely manner

NM Odenton, MD

Hot water heater is stated that it's covered in my policy with a service fee paid however the vendor charged me $700+and that I had to work around their vacation scheule

John Fowler Houston, TX

My repairs were made in a timely manner. The repairman was prompt, polite, and thorough.

Dan Paskan Paulden, AZ

Very pleased,they took care of my furnace repair and I didn't have to do anything

Pamella Chavis Gibsonville, NC

HVAC replacement was prompt. Plumbing repair service quickly and professionally done.

Marie S Fenton Newark, NJ

The company relied on vendors with lazy employees , and show common sense. AHS looks for excuses not to cover me , claim pre existing condition when no one can tell me how they arrive to that conclusion.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marie, I hate to hear about the delay in service and the non-covered cost that was experienced to have the service issue repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to assist with a resolution.

Nov. 26th, 2021

Kara Le Portland, OR

Fast response, great partner contractors, usually get service dates within a week

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kara, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Lilia V. Daniels Las Vegas, NV

When I called for service, they scheduled my work right away. Very courteous and efficient.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lilia, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Stanley Milham Exeter, CA

We pay monthly but the cost of $75.00 for each item work is done instead of each home visit for a couple of items

Rebecca Rawlings Champaign, IL

They don't do things in a timely matter and make it a hassle to get things replaced. I have been dealing with this repair for almost a month. They sure did take my service fee money though

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rebecca, I hate to hear about the delay in service that was experienced to have the furnace issue repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to assist.

Nov. 26th, 2021

Gregg McLeod Orlando, FL

I have contacted them numerous times pertaining to my issue and still has not been resolved. The technician they assigned was extremely unprofessional. A&A Appliance. My appliance (refrigerator) is still NOT fixed!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gregg. Thank you for letting us know about the service experience with your refrigerator. I would be happy to speak with you to assist with resolving this issue.

Lora Wylie, TX

They are accommodating to my needs. They go above and beyond to get the job done.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lora. It is so wonderful to hear about your experience. We can't wait to provide you with a great experience with your next repair need as well. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Taylor Junction City, OR

Was unimpressed with tactics when service provider want in network. Great for simple stuff but not much savings at that point

Aya Diaz Indian Trail, NC

They have provided great timely service. Technician visited same day and resolved issue

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Aye, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

JD Dyess Yantis, TX

Very good but some of their contractors dont want to do business with them. Most of the time its the good ones.

Christinelle Arroyo Mundelein, IL

I've had several service calls and each one had always been resolved satisfactorily.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Christinelle. We thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with your service experiences, and we look forward to providing you with a great experience for your next repair need.

Patrice Mancha Pinson, AL

I appreciate the speedy service and the representative on the phone was very nice and helpful.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Patrice. One of our main goals is to provide prompt and reliable service that our member can count on. Thank you for allowing AHS to take the hassle out of your home repair needs.

Mark Phelps Annandale, VA

Hard to get a live person on the phone. I spent quite a bit of effort getting through to a customer rep to set up a service call

susan lawrence Lees Summit, MO

So far, all of the companies assigned to our claims have been punctual and competent

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Susan. Thank you for such a positive review. We strive to provide prompt and dependable service for our members, and it makes us very happy to hear that we have been able to do that for you.

Massa Mesa, AZ

My problem came during the occurrence of Hurricane IDA. It was difficult to get repair tech's and their companies to respond.