Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

Charlotte Shingledecker Duncanville, TX

When I called I could only speak to a recording which was so frustrating. The service assigned to me does not work on the weekends my house was 62 degrees and a non-fumctioning furnace . They came on Monday...with the furnace out it was a cold weekend. The Service representative was very kind, efficient, and worked well and we had HEAT again! Can't answer the value as I don't know what other companies cost. My cost is always $75.

Eugenie Perry-Wells Saint Petersburg, FL

Coverage is great you place a service an someone get back in touch with you fast about the kind of service you need and set you up with the kind of service I will recommend others to try this company for there home coverage

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Eugenie, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Gary Miller Bradenton, FL

VERY RESPONSIVE. We had our refrigerator fail and A/C fail on the same day. I filed two separate claims with AMS and their responsiveness to providing us with contacts for competent service techicians on the same day was outstanding. We are back up and running. Thank you AMS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gary, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Celia Kupersmith Reno, NV

Excellent service -just as promised! Woke up to a cold house. Called AHS and were connected with a repairman who was by first thing the next day. Fused furnace motor was quickly replaced and our home warm again by noon that second day.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Celia, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Wanda Goose Creek, SC

There quick and friendly service , they answered my call quickly and was able to get the help I needed within 24 hours and the company they sent was quick to find my problem and explained what I needed done within a hour problem fixed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Wanda, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Renee Chandler Franklin Park, IL

Created service request for my washing machine on Dec 11 was contracted to Whirpool who subcontracted to another company, they came out the following Thursday 12/17 and deemed the machine unrepairable due to parts no longer being available, they sent update to Whirlpool and myself and AHS that evening via email, I called AHS more then 5 times over the next few weeks to see what the delay was only to be put on hold each time for over an hour while they tried to reach whirlpool to see why system not updated yet; being a customer for over 20 years this was a complete shock to go almost an entire month waiting on resolution, being forced to pay to use laundry mat in the interim and during the covid pandemic when trying to avoid others. Only reason I'm giving a 3 and not a 1 is because this is the first time I've had an issue with the service received.

Jocelyn Battad Lewisville, TX

Very satisfied with their service!i, there's more,?It is so easy for them to respond when you need them. I can say that you get more than what you pay on your monthly premium. I, myself was amazed of how they performed their job!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jocelyn, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Kathy Burke Richland, WA

American Home Shield has been a life saver! Purchased our first home and had no idea who to call for home repairs. American Home Shield took my problems and called the correct company every time. I don't understand why everyone who owns a home doesn't have American Home Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathy, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Duke Silver Georgetown, TX

I had to recently use my home warranty for an issue at my residence. The claims process was very straight forward, communication was great, and the company that they sent to my house was very professional, prompt, and took care of the problem quickly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Duke, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jan. 22nd, 2021

Theresa Renee Curiel Napa, CA

Work done well and fast. I had a different insurance for years it was not fast to respond in fact it took months to fix somethings. But since I've changed to AHS its been professional and fast to respond and completed there jobs on time. Even thur this difficult times.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Theresa, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jan. 22nd, 2021

Toni Akers Latonia, KY

If you are only using them for appliances repair/replacement that is good. If anything major goes wrong like furnace plumbing electrical or roofing give it up. Our furnace went out and the price to replace it was $2800 as it couldn't be repaired, they are paying $700 on a buyout. Nothing it you are going to let the repair company replace it. If I was going to let them replace it it was still going to cost me $2800. My electrical system is bad. Started tripping circuits and the guy came to look at it and said it needed to be replaced and that AHS WILL ONLY PAY FOR MINOR REPAIRS. This is crazy! Why wouldn't the replace it?

Rodger Pelton Altamonte Springs, FL

My refrigerator was leaking water out the back. I called America Home Shield and they sent a repairman out and he said it was a bad valve that was open too long causing the ice maker to overflow . The problem was fixed without any problems . I highly recommend America Home Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rodger, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Milona Wall Pittsburgh, PA

The company is there for you.They put in that extra time to attend to your needs. If a situation should come up, they are there to help you. If it's something you want to prevent before anything happens, they are there to recommend a service for you.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Milona, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Sandra Roddy Calimesa, CA

It’s nice knowing that I have backup if something goes wrong

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sandra, I appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield!

Marion O'Brien Charlotte, NC

Over 11+ years with AHS, Problems with my AC. Told it wasn't covered. Cost me $5500 to get it fixed. The company was from AHS.

Judith Augustine Plano, TX

Not real good at problem solving. I keep getting told that "somone else" will be reviewing my claim and get back to me.

John Garcia Del Solar Cameron, NC

Excellent service, very few issues with all service provided

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Angie District Heights, MD

Always respond in a timely manner. The professionalism is always spot on.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Angie, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Esekia Motu Killeen, TX

Always have a great customer and always delivery what been said on the phone.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Esekia, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Kathy Bellamy Lockhart, TX

AFS is responsive to my needs and has done well during the pandemic.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathy, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Rita Caruso Covington, KY

I had a plumbing problem and it was repaired with 24 hours.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rita, I appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield!

Alberto Sokol Arlington, TX

AHS has done everything they promised in a very professional manner.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Alberto, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Maria Herrera Palmdale, CA

Best customer service, and I get service within a day or two.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Maria, Thank you for your feedback and we hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the customer service we provide!

Aniello DeSantis Centreville, VA

They have been reliable and have provided excellent service and vendors.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Aniello, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Paul Moreno Valley, CA

My first experience with them was my hot water heater and things went great.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Paul, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Linda Pollock Mulberry, FL

Always gets our service problems taken care of in a timely manner

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Linda, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Ariana Rocha Kerman, CA

The service was excellent. Definitely exceeded my expectations!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ariana, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Nikki Courtney Naples, FL

The up front fee is higher than other companies. The monthly payments go up every year.

Anonymous Ellenwood, GA

Contractors they assign suck, they take 1 and a half weeks to come out then when they do another 1 week to orders parts that they sell at home depot

Marshall Raleigh, NC

I like the response time, professionalism, courteousness, and commitment.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marshall, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Mr Johns Lawton, OK

Best service and timeliness throughout each request for service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mr Johns, Thank you for your feedback and we hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the customer service we provide!

Sheila Alvarez Plano, TX

There are too many things not covered, a bit pricey, and don't send out highest quality companies or techs.

Bob San Jose, CA

Very fast service, great coverage for the price. Low monthly rates.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bob, Thank you for your feedback and we hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the customer service we provide!

SRC Las Vegas, NV

I have had good experience before but most recent one was a nightmare, just plain horrible and contractor was combative and rude.

Michelle New Orleans, LA

They are helpful and make getting house repairs completed without a lot of hassle

Janet Marshall Hampton, VA

The people came on time, completed the work, and cleaned up after themselves.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Janet, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Chuck Charlotte, NC

Went through the automated process then had to do it all over again with a representative

Gregory Lewis Tomball, TX

Honesty and helpful options given, punctual and professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gregory, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Molina Tucson, AZ

They take care of situation within an appropriate amount of time

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Molina, Thank you for your feedback! We hope you continue to enjoy!

Terra Crews Prescott Valley, AZ

Responsive to claims however they need more contractors so they can respond quicker.

Cheree Baton Rouge, LA

My very first claim they took care of a huge problem my whole outside AC unit.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Cheree, We will continue to provide you with great customer service and a piece of mind to your AC home repairs.

Gregg Chambliss Amarillo, TX

We have always had great service, and they are usually very prompt with the scheduled service call.

Don Phipps Lenoir, NC

Fast response and very fair, makes sure you are a happy customer.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Don, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

LaVette Mehess Salem, OR

Takes them awhile but nice to have a way to get items fixed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi LaVette, Thank you for your feedback! We hope you continue to enjoy!

E Buesing Minneapolis, MN

They were quick to respond and very helpful with explaining everything.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi E, Thank you for your feedback!

Frederick Sanford, FL

Great service, value, customer service. Thanks so much, you guys rock!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Frederick, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Carmen Moore Mabelvale, AR

They are very professional, reliable, and timely with their services.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Carmen, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Wanda Zwahr Pasadena, TX

They were prompt in fixing our problem and very professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Wanda, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

May. 3rd, 2021

Dwayne Reeves Canton, TX

I believe that AHS works hard to take the hassle out of household problems.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dwayne, We will continue to provide you with great customer service and a piece of mind to your home repairs.

Albert Kellar Martinsville, IN

They always have taken care of all our needs with no hassle at all.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Albert, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!