Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

curtis paul Hickory, NC

Repairman was on time, worked quickly and thoroughly. The same great experience I always have with the service people for AHS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Curtis, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

John Collins Souderton, PA

Home shield came thru for me but the first company they sent out was terrible they sent another out who took care of my problem

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the second company that completed the repairs. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Karen Milburn Spring, TX

One month after moving we had an AC go out. After all the costs of buying a new house, It was nice to pay $75 and get a blower motor replaced.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Karen, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Erick Manuel Cedeno El Paso, TX

Great Experience . They have always been very professional and always performed in a timely manner. I am very Happy with their service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Erick, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Kenneth Niess Pahrump, NV

Somehow there was an error with my policy but when I called the error was fixed by a great customer service representative

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kenneth, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Kari Campbell Montgomery, TX

11 days from the loss of the air conditioner. The repair company came 8 days ago and they are still waiting for AHS to authorize the repair. We are both Realtors and question whether we would advise our buyers to use this service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kari, Thank you for bringing the delay in service to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you and assist with a resolution to get the air conditioner system repaired.

Lisa Henderson Branson, MO

They are true to their policies and quick to respond. I've never had a home warranty before and recommend it to anyone.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lisa, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Randy D Baucom Monroe, NC

I have had to request service twice and AHS has been prompt in scheduling and the contractor used has been very professional in correcting my issue

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Randy, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jeanine Moreno Valley, CA

I needed the A/C repaired quickly. A service technician showed up in 2-3 days as scheduled as everything went smoothly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jeannie, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jul. 22nd, 2021

John Soles Fayetteville, GA

I've been with Amer Home Shield for10years or longer. My Ac unit went down on June 30,2021 ad it still not repaired, It seem to be hard for AHS and the repair company to get on the ball and get it repaired. It's cooler outside than it is in my home. What's it going to take for me to get it repaired?

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, Thank you for bringing your most recent issues to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a resolution for the AC repairs.

Jodi McCulloch Plainfield, IL

I have had a horrible experience with American Home Shield, my clothes washer is broken because of the repair guy that they sent, I have spent hours on the phone over the past 2 weeks and my washer is still not fixed, and they refuse to put my machine in for replacement and no one will call me back. American Home Shield is a terrible company and a scam!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jodi, I hate to hear about your most recent AHS experience to have the washer machine repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Lucy Cotter North Versailles, PA

used twice so far for Furnace and Air conditioner. Both were repaired by professional knowledgeable friendly companies.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good evening Lucy, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Rhonda Nicholson Gastonia, NC

It has definitely been worthwhile having this support from American Homeshield. My air conditioning is not working right now. I'm hoping I can get a discount on a new unit.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rhonda, Thank you for sharing your feedback with American Home Shield. We hope the air conditioner repairs work out in your favor!

Jul. 27th, 2021

James Olguin Indio, CA

Have been an AHS customer for years. I enjoyed the services provided. However customer service a late is lacking as representatives seem to read from a scripted

Bob Berglund Henderson, NV

Terrible. Broken AC unit. AHS "cannot find" a vendor to respond. AHS gave me authorization to find a vendor to do the work. This is complete BS - two vendors told me "No Way" - we will only come if I pay them COD and they will not come unless AHS assigns them. This is a tactic for AHS to avoid an expense. This is borderline fraudulent and if I cannot get resolution I will contact my local TV station and ask them to intervene with a story.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bob. Thank you for letting us know about the issues you are having with getting your air conditioning fixed. I can see why this would be upsetting. I would be happy to speak with you to assist with a resolution to this matter.

Jodie Del Rio, TX

I have two issues, one being my ac unit and the second was my feet. Both times they have resolved my issue w/o any difficulty.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jodie, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Anthony Insen

Terrible experience! Waste of money and they don’t care for you at all. Hire bad contractors who don’t know what they are doing and charge you regardless if the work is done or not. If you are reading this please find another company to assist you. Ahs isn’t worth the time and stress. They were very rude to me when I tried to ask for a credit for a service fee since the job wasn’t done. Contractor only has to reach your door step to obtain the fee. They don’t have to do any work. Again stay away.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Anthony. We appreciate you taking time to let us know about your experience. I do hate to hear that you have not been pleased with the service you have received. I would be happy to speak with you and address any unresolved issue.

Andrea Merchant Copperas Cove, TX

Awesome in every section. They've always dealt with my request very professional and had my request completed within 24 hours

Reply from American Home Shield

Good afternoon Andrea, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Ann Spivey Montrose Heights, VA

Was having problem with my AC. AHS sent A-Advanced Home Services to my house they solve my problem. And I was very please.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ann, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Alexander Carter Charleston, SC

It very easy to place service requests. Their may be a disconnect between the AHS and the technicians. Just ensure AHS communicate more closely with the technical team.

Kyle Kelly Mesa, AZ

Our house is now 12 years old and it seems something new breaks every other month. American home shield has helped us keep our house running.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kyle. We are so happy that you took time to let us know about experiences. We are here to take the hassle out of home repairs. Thank you for trusting AHS to do that for you.

Jul. 20th, 2021

Kirk Yousif Birmingham, MI

I have been trying to get my AC fixed for over two months (Since May 23rd and today is 7/29). First, guy came out and added freon without looking at the system. After that, I spent a month trying to get a hold of him and AHS but he had disappeared. They sent a different company after I finally got a hold of their social media resolution department and that guy came on on the only day in July when it was a cool day and said "I dont see anything wrong". Now the Social Media people havent answered me and the regular call center, where no one speaks solid english and you can hear chickens in the background, wants me to start over with the process and ignore every attempt i have made to escalate the issue. I have been with this company for a very long time and their new service is aweful.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kirk. Thank you for letting us know that you still need assistance with resolving the problem with your air conditioning. . We would be happy to speak with you to address this issue further.

Jul. 30th, 2021

Timothy Young Sparks, NV

American Home Shield assigns companies quickly. Unfortunately 1/3 of the companies don't call to make the repair appointments. One dryer repair company couldn't fix our dryer and said they would refer the claim to a repair company to finish the job. This never happened.

Merle Silverman Dunn Loring, VA

Contractors are generally competent. Sometimes it is difficult to arrange appointments and respond to follow ups. Difficulty with current plumbing contractor. Drags on repairs.

Detra Johnson Chesapeake, VA

Honestly, I am up in the area about AHS. I think that some service providers are very honest and want to do best by customers, while other come off a little shaded. So to rate AHS means rating the service providers and they are not all inclusive.

Imogene Coats Los Angeles, CA

Best- The companies Home Shield sent out to fix our plumbing were great. Timeliness, and professionalism with Homeshield, and both plumbing companies were exceptinal

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Imogene. We really appreciate you taking time to let us know that your plumbing problem was resolved so effectively. We look forward to providing you with excellent service for your next repair need. Thank you for choosing AHS as your warranty company.

Brenda Street Coldwater, MS

The service is okay. It took 3 months of calling customer service to get my air conditioning fixed. But next day on my washer. Customer service was a nightmare. Once we got approved and after 3 opinions on the air conditioning unit it was fixed.

Mark Attucks La Plata, MD

I have been with them for almost 4-years. I have seen tremendous improvement with their service and responsiveness. The only negative is that it's pricey once you factor in the service call fees.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mark, Thank you for your feedback regarding AHS and your overall experience to have repairs completed!

Jul. 27th, 2021

RAYMOND PEPITONE Saint Cloud, FL

Appreciate knowing everything in my home is pretty much covered. What needs MAJOR improvement on your part is the VERY long wait to speak to an agent!!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Raymond. Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We value your opinion. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your coverage and we appreciate your patience as we work to improve on the time it takes to speak with an agent.

Dennis Cook Edmond, OK

I currently have a claim for my oven replacement. Please send me the $375 check.I have been given the option to receive a $375 check and replace my oven myself. I need the $375 check so I can afford to buy the replacement oven. AHS is requiring me to buy the oven first and then send AHS the invoice. This is not good customer service. I have had the AHS policy for 10+ years.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dennis. Thank you for letting us know the problem you are having with replacing your appliance. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with resolving this matter.

Venicia Ferrell Hampton, VA

When ordering a new appliance for a customer ensure that it has been delivered before scheduling installation. This issue caused me hours of frustration and there was no one in the US that responded to the call and any AHS phone number.

Jarod Bloomfield, MT

I would like to chose my own repair person as I know many in the industry and I feel that I could get a better price and more personalized service when I need it

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jarod. Thank you for your feed back. We value your opinion. We continue to update our vendor netowrk to provide the best service possible to our members. We would be happy to assist you and select a vendor who will be able to provide you with a great repair experience.

Debra Crawley Richmond Hill, GA

It is do easy to submit a request for service. The service tech contacts you within seconds. The need is taken care within 24 hours. I could not be happier.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Debra. Thank you for your review. We do our best to provide our members with prompt and reliable service for all your repair needs. We thank you for trusting AHS to provide you with warranty coverage you can depend on.

Jul. 14th, 2021

Patty smith Canal Winchester, OH

I have used the home warranty a few times in the past 3 years. Always had my issue repaired. Response is quick. I have been pleased with repairs to date.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Patty. It is really wonderful to hear that your repairs have been taken care of and response time was quick. We do our very best to take the hassle out of home repairs. Thank you for trusting AHS to do that for you.

Holly Niro Brunswick, OH

I have always had good experiences with this company until I needed plumbing work. They contract with a company that has horrible reviews and never came to my house to complete the repairs. However, American Home Shield will not refund my money because the company said they came to my house. So, I lost the $100 and my boyfriend had to do the repair.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Holly. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience with your plumbing repar. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with you regarding this matter.

Jul. 15th, 2021

Teri Elmore Fort Worth, TX

I like that it saved me money, but it took 2 weeks without reliable air conditioning in 100-degree Texas to resolve my issue, & 3-4 days for each service call request, which was miserable when my house was 85 degrees & I couldn't sleep at night.

Steve Ezzell Eastland, TX

If you had asked me this question a month ago I would have said AHS is a great home warranty company. But then I hadn't had to use your services in quite a long time. Now, however it is a different story. This is based on my recent contract at 904 Foxhollow Rd in Eastland, TX. I have ticket with AHS right now that has yet to be resolved. I originally placed this ticket on Tuesday the 29th of June with an HVAC not working issue. AHS never reached out to me with any information on a possible contractor for around 96 hours. I did communicate with AHS during that time, but it was always me that initiated the call. I was told over and over during those calls that someone from the dispatch team would be contacting me, but none ever did. Finally, on Friday the 2nd of July, I received a text from AHS saying they had assigned a contractor. So I reached out to the contractor at the number AHS gave. The contractor did call me back and we made arrangements for him to come to my house. Of course since this was late on Friday, this meant that we would be without AC the whole hot July 4th weekend and, as a result of the contractors prior commitments, he wouldn't be able to come to my house until the following Thursday. At anytime, during that 96 hrs, AHS could have, should have, given me the authorization to choose my own contractor. If they had done, my family would very likely have AC right now. I have asked several HVAC contractors lately and they have all told me that yes, they have dealt with AHS before, but no, they don't want to do so in the future because it is too difficult to deal with them. I don't know what has happened to AHS in the past few years, but this is definitely NOT the company that I originally dealt with when I purchased my first house in 2015!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hello Steve. I am very sorry to hear that the recent request for air conditioning has not been resolved. We are here to assist with getting this resolved. We understand how important it is to have your air working. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding this situation.

Penny Doval Los Angeles, CA

They're customer service is poor. They have a standard answer for everything, and the standard answer does not at all address your concerns. I have little to no complaint with the service providers, but the company I'm not happy with. I am presently looking for another company which provides the same kind of service.

Sharika towles Macon, GA

American home shield responded quickly to my claim needs. They need to improve the quality contractors they send out. I had one company awesome but another one very unprofessional

Linda Scheurman Janesville, WI

A year ago I had a problem with someone finding me the person I needed. I had to call in 3 times and the third person told me to get someone myself. However this year it was right away getting help for my problem.

Stan Hobbs Madera, CA

Had a ice maker repaired but did fix problems so called back and they called repairman to come back resolve situation second time was a charm not a problem sense

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Stan, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy AHS.

Eugene Maylone Kempner, TX

In 2020 the AC people kept messing around with my AC the control panel was burnt the whole thing need to be replaced this went on for over a month and a half. So I ended up buying a new unit to put in my house. The people they hired to work on their ACs are incompetent

patricia s donovan Phoenix, AZ

Most of the time there is some "exclusion" to what is needed. My last claim was pretty simple. Toilet that would empty on occasion. The man that came was very nice. Replaced the flapper for 125.00. Seriously. Still have the same issue and now it doesn't even flush completely. I do most of my own work. I put a claim in so I could have a plumber look at because I thought it was an issue behind my capability. That's why I have a home warranty. I feel like a number and the service providers come in and out quickly. I will call to cancel.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Patricia. Thank you for your feedback. I'm sure it is frustrating if you are still having problems with your toilet after a technician has been out. I would be happy to speak with you to assist in resolving this issue.

Amy Padilla Coarsegold, CA

American Home Shield offers prompt, professional, and courteous service. Their customer support services are eager to help resolve any issues that you may encounter.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Amy, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Debbie Sommer San Francisco, CA

My experience with AHS has been frustrating and time-intensive. My claims filed in Nov 2020 are still unresolved and the time it has taken to follow up with AHS, be on hold, wait for return calls (which are not returned) and wait for repair visits is inefficient and a waste of everyone's time. They could improve by following up on calls and promises, and expediting issues to create resolution instead of increasing stress and frustration. Can you imagine having problems with your only toilet and waiting 8 months for service to be completed? I'm very customer service oriented in my jobs and expect similar from others. This has not been the case with AHS. It is a tremendous disappointment after being referred by a long-time customer.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hello Debbie. Thank you for providing feedback about your service experience. I am sorry to hear that your repair needs have not been resolved. We are here to assist you. I would be happy to speak with you to address the unresolved issues that you are having.

Peggy Tampa, FL

When they say they are going to refund your money within 3-5 days they should do it. So far it's been a month and it hasn't hit my bank account which is sad and still trying to collect another amt of what they were to refund me

Kim Douglasville, GA

Still looking for Ashton Kutcher to jump out and say "you've been punked". Seriously can't make this up. I was assigned Eagle Heating & Cooling of Georgia through my home warranty, American Home Shield. Not by choice I can assure you. I read ALL the horrible reviews and wanted another contractor but EH&COG was the only option. EH&COG sent me a text stating they will arrive at my home on a Wednesday (work day) from 9 am to 5 pm. Who does that? I tried to call (during business hours) to get a specific time window but my calls went to voicemail. I even called AHS and they tried to call them but to no avail (wow, AHS really need to screen their contractors). Needless to say I was able to meet Don and Tyler to my home, offered them bottled water, and thanked them for "fixing" my ac. Hahaha the jokes on me!!!! Fast forward 14 days later and I notice my ac is leaking and causing damage to my ceiling. I called AHS to let them know and of course they tell me they aren't responsible for secondary damage (which is true, stated in contract). But I feel they are responsible for choosing incompetent contractors. Anyway, I also called EH&COG and spoke with a woman who then said she couldn't help me but her office manager could. Enter Sherry (she's the life of the party). I proceed to tell Sherry my issue in a calmly manner (my mom always taught me you can catch more bees with honey). She tells me my ceiling was damaged before her techs inspected it (they never entered the room). I tell her this is untrue-again calmly never raising my voice. She tells me I'm not going to argue with you, call AHS to have another contractor come out. At this point I'm livid. Initially I didn't want these people to service my home. I feel AHS works with shady AC repairmen and should do a better job at getting these contractors. Now I'm left with a damaged ceiling. AHS supervisor said that she will refund my $100 to go towards my ceiling but I haven't seen it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kim, I hate to hear about your most recent service experience to have the air conditioner system repaired and the lack of follow-up with the company. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

Jul. 14th, 2021

Tasha Saint George, UT

Service was the best reason for this experience. The contractor was knowledgeable and when additional concerns needed to be address, they did so promptly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tasha, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jennifer Van Hooser San Jose, CA

We have had some very good experiences and some very bad experiences. It is hard to say if I would refer or not. It can be VERY difficult to get in touch with someone who has any authority to make managerial decisions. They don't always tend to listen and/or finish (in a timely manner) claims that have any wrenches thrown into the mix. If it is a straight forward claim then things have worked fairly well.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jennifer. We appreciate you feedback and value your opinion. I am sorry to hear that you have had some service requests that have not been resolved to your satisfaction. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding this matter to see how I may assist with a resolution.

Armando Alcaraz

They use to be a much better customer service for the ploicy holder. The last thing needed is to wait 7-10 days for a reply on your repair request. I have been with them for over 35 years. This last water damaged drain line, the company sent made and left a mess.