Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.8

Roberta Tipp Sebastopol, CA

They have done a great job for our family. Great service and they honor their appliance warrantee. We are totally pleased.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Roberta. We are so excited to hear about how pleased you are with the service you have received. We want you to know you can always rely on AHS whenever you need us. Thank you for being our valued home warranty member.

Sapan Agrawal Duluth, GA

The whole experience was seamless. The person who came to do the job was very nice. He went above and beyond in explaining the issue and the fix.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sapan. It is always so great to hear when our members let us know about their positive experiences. We do our best to provide prompt and efficient service and we are really pleased that we could do that for you. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Lowell Adams Gig Harbor, WA

Takes to long to get a response for repair I have been waiting for 3 months to get my fridge repaired and they have sent two people out that were unable to repair it now I am waiting for another person to repair it or find problem then probably wait longer to repair I had to buy another fridge to keep things fresh

Reply from American Home Shield

H Lowell. Thank you for taking time to tell us about the service experience with your refrigerator. I am sorry to hear that the issue has not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you to address the matter further.

Stanley Spadowski Plano, TX

Easy to request service, but most of the service companies they use are pretty terrible...and you can't select which to use. AHS is a master at finding reasons not to cover things. Deductible increases every year. Certain items carry very limited coverage...like ac. If you need a new system that costs $25k, the most they will cover is $1500.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Stanley. Thank you for your feedback. I do hate to hear that you are not finding the value in your warranty coverage. I would be happy to speak with you to address your concerns further.

Eva Modesto, CA

I called about technician telling me to buy my own faucet and I would get reimbursed but have not heard anything for 2 months. This is not good customer service. I'm still waiting

Dixie Buckborough Marble, NC

Getting service reps to call and schedule an appointment is a little slow, but a representative for American Home Shield is easy to reach and ask for a follow up.

Lance DeGeorge Houston, TX

They will ultimately abide by warranty terms but you sometimes have to escalate to get it done. And depending on the repair, it takes time, more time than calling a repair guy and getting it fixed.

Harmit Randhawa Mount Pleasant, SC

The person at AHS was professional and listened to my situation and understood my needs. She contacted a plumber and he was at our home quickly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Harmit, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Kevin A. Joa Pittsburgh, PA

Professional and Fair regarding the service provided. Awesome technicians who know what their doing and the turn around time is minimal.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kevin, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Mollie A Hughes Hendersonville, TN

Great customer service fast repair. Wonderful service, fast, friendly on time repair. Never letting my home warranty expire.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mollie, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Ron Bradenton, FL

Very fast service and it was done right. The parts that needed to be ordered were received in a few days and the job was completed the next day

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ron, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Candice r werts Portsmouth, VA

Sometimes they cover what they promise and it's straightforward. Sometimes they don't. Also, I sold my house and they wouldn't allow me to transfer my contact or cancel without a hassle. Dealing with customer service over the phone is tedious!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Candice. Thank you for your feedback. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with you regarding any unresolved issue.

Chelsea M Scopellite Tucson, AZ

We felt that the people we spoke to from AHS were pushing, hard, for us to take a payout rather than take the fix on our AC. Additionally, the timelines continued to be pushed back, with "are you sure you wouldn't rather take the payout?" And, email interactions seems borderline rude. Speaking to the AC company here in town directly got the problem solved 10+ days before the last "estimate" from AHS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Chelsea. Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you felt you were being pushed to accept a cash in lieu and that the issue was not resolved to your satisfaction. I would be happy to speak with you to address this matter further.

Jill Williams Bethlehem, PA

We have been provided with incorrect information when we call. My parents have also been working with the warranty company and have been waiting for a furnace now for almost 2 months and it's getting cold out. I have used this company in the past without any issues but now I'm considering canceling my contract after my furnace is installed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jill. Thank you for letting us know you received information you did not agree was correct. I would be happy to speak with you to address any unresolved issue.

Megan Hood Kimbolton, OH

Horrible service! Contacted them about our roof leaking and they assigned us a contractor. Well contractor didn't show up. After multiple phone calls he finally came out. Was here five minutes. Looked at the roof. Never heard from him again. Said they couldn't find another contractor. But took our $100. Then our furnace went out. Had Frog Pro come out. Guy was here five minutes. Moved some wires got it to kick on and left. They won't return our calls either! American Home Shield won't help us! So we've paid almost $70 a month for nothing! We plan to sue! Don't recommend.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Megan. Thank you for letting us know about the service experience with your roof leak and the furnace. I would be happy to speak with you to address these matters further.

Selina Armstrong Saint Louis, MO

Discrepancies with coverage and items that are "detectable and undectectable". I purchased the platinum plan with AHS to have the best coverage and went with them because they say they cover pre-existing conditions only to find out they do not if it is detectable. Detectable by whom is not specified in my contract.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Selina. Thank you for your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you regarding your contract coverage and discuss your concerns further.

Nov. 19th, 2021

Jasper Wilson Upper Marlboro, MD

AHS has always been ready to provide assistance when I need it. They communicate immediately when I make a service request. Everyone is professional and business-minded.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jasper. We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with AHS. We want our members to know they can trust in the service and coverage we provide. We look forward to taking care of your next repair need.

Jorge Perez Ponce Murrieta, CA

Been a member for years, initially not very happy, but the quality of service has improved dramatically. I stand by AHS loyally and strongly recommend.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jorge. We are so happy that you let us know about your AHS experience. We really appreciate your loyalty. It makes us work even harder to provide you with great service. Thank you for being a valued home warranty member.

Nov. 8th, 2021

Jeannette Salcido Farmington, NM

They didn't find a local garage dealer in my area, waited for 3 days and finally company responded they were in a different state and declined order. Nobody contacted me from warranty place. They couldn't find a local place, so i did and paid out of pocket!

Pamela A Wielander Chandler, AZ

Why you sent me a awful HVAC guy who put the wrong motor in my AC unit and bent my fan blades, tried to sell me a $800 part that ended up being totally fine after I asked for a second opinion. Not quite sure why you charged me $75 for that second opinion when I call I was told it would be looked into but I never heard anything back. I did not want the initial HVAC guy here he was very rude when I address the issue with them so if it wasn't for that I probably would have gave you a five star.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Pamela. Thank you for letting us know about your service experience with the air conditioning. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the service your received. I would be happy to speak with your further regarding this matter.

Robert S Ripley New Orleans, LA

We continue to have issues with the service providers not being honest. Especially HVAC and Plumbing Contractors. HVAC actually discharged Freon directly into atmosphear decharging our system then saying that there was a leak wanting an additional $1200 for "Uncovered" repairs. We had to request a second opion their finding NO LEAK just no Freon! AHS still requires us to pay full price to replace the missing freon that "Your" service tech released without a recovery system into the enviroment! Very Dishonest and possible violation of federal law!..

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Robert. Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you feel that the contractors have been dishonest. I would be happy to speak with you to address your concerns further.

Richard Barker Philadelphia, PA

Although most of their contractors are good & professional, occasionally there's a bad one. Also, I strongly dislike when many of their operators have extremely heavy accents, making it very difficult to understand yhem.

Patricia Lynne White Norman, OK

I have used American Home Shield a few times in the past and felt the people/repair service sent to help me were professional and helpful. Friday, Oct. 15th, I called AHS as I noticed a slight gas odor in my garage and requested help. Sunday, Oct. 17th, Plumb Genius sent an employee to check my water heater and to help me find source of gas leak. After checking the water heater and in the attic, he did find there was gas in the attic but was unable to find the source. He said he would put in a high priority order and turned off the gas to my house. Monday, Oct. 18th, I called Plumb Genius about help. They said they would send someone to check for the leak on Friday, Oct. 22nd between 11:00-3:00. I took off work to meet them and after 3:30 PM I received a call from Plumb Genius that said they would not be able to come. They could come on Sunday, Oct. 24th between 8-12:00. On Sunday, Oct. 24th, at 11:30 AM they called and said they couldn't come until next week. My options were, Wed. Oct. 27th or Sat. Oct. 30 (Keep in mind that I was without heat or hot water since Oct. 17th.) I told them to cancel that order and that I would get my own plumber. Which I did. On Sunday, Oct. 24th, I called American Home Shield to express my frustration and asked for help. I guess there was nothing they could do, I honestly don't remember all the details of that conversation, but it was like what I am expressing here. To say that I was disappointed in AHS and Plumb Genius is an understatement. I'm sure that I saved AHS money since my repairs weren't completed by them and I had to cover the cost of my repairs as well as my yearly fee to American Home Shield. I don't call often, but when I do, I need help. I expected to get that help from American Home Shield and am disappointed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Patricia. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your service experience with the plumbing issue. I am sorry to hear that problem was not taken care of. I would be happy to speak with you to address this matter further.

Brenda J Hathaway Mc Kinney, TX

Called them about a problem and they told me right away who would be calling to fix it. The person came in a couple of days and fixed the problem in less than 10 minutes.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brenda, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Rindy Raymond Windsor Heights, IA

The professionals they contract with do a great job. I had my furnace recently serviced and the service person was on time and explained everything to me.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rindy, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

don ferguson Red Oak, TX

problem was not resolved,EJs repair sent a tech i am very diddapointed in the service i received,and i am requesting a full refund of my renewal,and also a refund for the deductable that i paid for the repair that was not done. cian out to repair my microwave oven that was suppose to en repaired but 2 days later still had the same problem. iIinformed AHS,and EJs repair that the problem still exist.l wasgiven an appointment for Monday between 12pm &4pm. The repairman didnt arrive until 5:30pm.he came in and told me to put a cup of water in the microwave and turn it on,after the microwave cut off he took too the cup of water out of the microwave and said ,its getting hot,i told him it never failed to get hot,the problem was that the microwave would randomly cut on and start heating,and the only way to stop it from running was to open the door.The repairman said it was not anything he could do,and left. The repairman arrived at my home at 5:30pm,he left my home at 5:34,which was recorded on my Ring doorbell camera.I AM VERY DISSAFIED ,because my microwave is dtill not functioning ,and I am paying for a warranty and deductiable for very

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Don. Thank you for your feedback regarding your service experience for the microwave. I am sorry to hear that you are still having the same problem with it. I would be happy to speak you to further address this issue.

0 Erie, PA

The most recent experiences have been positive. There's been a couple of experiences that have been very negative with getting someone located and found in the hopes that we have to go through to have coverage which make it prohibitive.

Erin Murphy Saint Paul, MN

I love the peace of mind of knowing any repair is a set cost. Online booking for service is super convenient and I've always had someone reach out within a day.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Erin, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

L. Korman Pikesville, MD

This time everything went smoothly from beginning to the end. Our oven was deemed unrepairable. We chose to do a cash out and purchased our new oven locally. Our check came in very timely. Thank you!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi L. Korman, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Greg Austin, TX

They aren't the company they used to be. Very common to be on-hold for almost an hour just to talk to someone. They require parts to be sent from their facilities instead of local vendors being able to get them faster locally. Multiple times, vendors just showed up without calling to make sure the appointment time would work. It's bad! I own a property management company so we have to deal with AHS regularly and they continue to disappoint. I won't be renewing my own policies and will go to another warranty company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Greg, Thank you for bringing the issues regarding the repair company to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to discuss your experience.

Greg Taylor Union City, GA

They recently send somebody out here to fix my refrigerator the gentleman ordered the parts the guy that came to put the part on said I didn't need that part and my refrigerator is doing the same thing leaking all over my kitchen ruining my tile nobody will get in contact with me to come fix it

John Hilbert Lacombe, LA

The ice maker in my refrigerator went out after several atte.pts to replace it a new one could not be located, AHS bought me a new refrigerator. Great service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John. Thank you for letting us know that you were pleased with the service your received for your refrigerator. We want you to know you can count on your warranty coverage with AHS when you need us.

William Swartz Jr Jacksonville, FL

The experience was fantastic, an appointment with a repair company was made immediately and within 72 hours my washing machine was fixed and fully operational!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi William. Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that your washer was repaired and back in working condition for you so quickly. We want you to know AHS will be there for you when you need us.

Nov. 1st, 2021

Carole Spring Stockton, CA

Excellent! The technicians were prompt, courteous and professional. Especially the refrigerator repairman. Would definitely refer people to American Home Shield/

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Carole, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Nov. 1st, 2021

Celeste Romero Moreno Valley, CA

My experience with American home shield has been OK, they have resolved some of my matters however not all. A few weeks ago I spent over an hour in the phone trying to resolve an issue and nobody was able to help me with applying a coupon code that I was told was going to be applied to my account

Catherine Shelden Lincoln, NE

I decided to keep my American Home Shield warranty going after the year that came with my home purchase expired, and I am glad I did! When I tried turn my heat on to make sure it worked, it wouldn't turn on. It was easy to make a service request, and the tech that came to my house was knowledgeable and got my heat working quickly!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Catherine. We are so happy to hear that you renewed your warranty and were able to get your heat working for the winter. We love taking the hassle and worry away when unexpected repairs are needed. Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience.

STEVEN Carson, CA

It took six months to repair my leaky faucets after calling AHS at least eight times. Finally sending another plumber to do the simple repair of replacing the handles & stems. AHS was very helpful, but somehow couldn't resolve the repair within 1 or 2 weeks. AHS never contacted me to report the problem solved to this day nor has the plumber. But wants me to give a review of their service. It would be very businesslike to at least contact the owner of the property by either phone or email. Overall AHS seems very slow in resolving issues. I give AHS another try if I have another repair later on, other than that I was ready to replace AHS for another home warranty service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Steven. Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear how long it took to complete the plumbing repair. I would be happy to speak with you to address this issue further.

Bill Graziano Scottsdale, AZ

AHS has been good, but your contractor Runyon Appliance Repair is the WORST!! Did not fix refrigerator after 2 visits (we are on the 3rd today)! Came to look at microwave and broke a piece that has taken 2 weeks to get. Now says it can't be fixed and needs replacement. Please find other repair companies or we will not renew again!

Tange Colunga Hemet, CA

I not impressed with the amount of time it has taken to get some of the repairs done. You give the impression that a repair will be done and someone will be out that day when it's an emergency. You don't. Also we sold our property and had to leave a repair request open because the vendor couldn't get the part. We were gone a month and the dryer was just repaired. The new owners decided they wanted the washer looked at too. They called AHS & put in a request on my contract that I didn't authorize. Then AHS charged my credit card for the repair request. That was fraud! I'm still considering pressing charges. I've since closed that contract and then your company is now charging me to cancel my contract...

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tange. I am very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the service you received. I would be happy to speak with you to discuss your concerns further.

Cynthia W Mabry Mobile, AL

My microwave/vent hood went out over a month ago! It took 6 days for anyone to call me from K & S Appliance so it was over a week before anyone came to the house to confirm it is broken!! I am not an idiot! I refused to let him come back so it was another week before someone from Mac's showed up but he refused to install my new one because he did not have a hammer drill to drill through the ceramic backsplash. I was given the name of Big Bill's Appliance Repair and called them immediately and scheduled for today. I was confirming my appointment for today before 1pm and was told by Angie that she called AHS last week to say she was unable to keep today's appointment because of illness in the family. This is understandable but why in the world did AHS not contact me!! I am not pleased at all with AHS!!!! When is this claim going to be taken care of????

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Cynthia. Thank you for taking time to let us know that your microwave repair has not been completed. I would be happy to speak with you to assist with resolving this issue.

Josie Larrabee Rio Rancho, NM

Good. Easy to get service done. Service companies call the next day. Wait time for parts is a little long, especially when it involved no heat in the middle of the coldest winter.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Josie. Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. and that you have been pleased with the service you received. We always do our best to provide prompt and efficient service for our members so I am sorry to hear that you had to wait longer than expected for a part when your heat was out. We can't wait to provide you with a better experience for your future repair needs.

Toni Hendricks Saratoga Springs, UT

I recently have had my upright washer and dryer worked on. Both of these required more than one visits to solve the problem. Last week, I had my furnace tuned up. The technician was quick and did a wonderful job.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Toni. Thank you for telling us about your experiences. We love to take the hassle and worry out of unexpected home repairs. We are so glad that you chose AHS and we look forward to providing you with another great experience.

Tinie Riverview, FL

Great service. This company so far answer your call with a human being not a machine, you never have a long wait time to talk to someone, this company has someone out the same day or next day.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tinie. Thank you for letting us know about the great service you have received. We love to provide our members with service they can count on. We are so happy that you chose American Home Shield as your home warranty company.

Shaleeat Marshall New Orleans, LA

Awesome! I've been dealing with Ahs for a minute and I haven't had a problem with them yet. Only the time when the storm ida hit it was hard getting my part into New Orleans, but other than that they are great

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Shaleeat. Thank you so much for letting us know how pleased you have been with your home warranty. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with your service experiences, and we look forward to providing you with a great experience for your next repair need.

Emma Gelacek Millbury, OH

I was so impressed with AHS on our last home that I paid for it again on our current home! They are prompt, friendly and knowledgeable! I tell everyone I know to be sure and get AHS!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Emma, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Joel Summer Tucson, AZ

The technicians have been successful fixing everything that has broken. The website is easy to use. Technicians have been dispatched relatively quickly. Based on our discussions with friends and family who have other warranty insurance, AHS seems to be a better choice.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Joel. Thank you for the positive feedback. We are so glad to hear that you have been able to use the website and have your service needs met with ease. We look forward to taking care of next repair need as well. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Oct. 25th, 2021

Eric Phillips Dallas, TX

We had 2 service requests in the last few months since we started the service. The first request was fine, no issues. The second was requested on 9/28/2021 regarding our dryer. We had no contact from the contractor for a week. I tried calling them and the number always rings to a generic voicemail and the calls are never returned. I called AHS again and was told that they would change the contractor that day. It never has been changed. Finally I called yesterday and had AHS refund the service charge. I don't know what the problem is but this is not good for our second interaction with AHS. We were gifted a subscription that ends later this year an d we're already looking for alternatives.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Eric. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your service experience. I do hate to hear that the issue with your dryer has not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you to further address this issue.

Oct. 20th, 2021

Melissa Thomas Littleton, CO

AHS is very timely with responding to our calls for service. I wish there was more space given for us to more accurately describe the problem, and to also name a secondary contact (or first) as our renter is who needs to be the contact person.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Melissa, We hope you continue to appreciate American Home Shield and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Oct. 19th, 2021

Suzanne Henderson, NV

My first experience with American Home Shield was good. Actually, once they assigned my problem to a repair company, I did not work with American Home Shield again. I was very happy with the assigned repair company and my leaky kitchen faucet was repaired to my satisfaction.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Suzanne. We really appreciate you letting us know your plumbingissue was resolved to your satisfaction. We love to take the hassle out of home repairs. We are so glad you chose American Home Shield.

Oct. 25th, 2021

Audrey Kay Prewitt Paso Robles, CA

AHS generally does what it says it will. However, communication can take weeks, and in one recent experience months. I am currently waiting for an authorized reimbursement. It has ben 3 weeks and I dont kno if they recieved my email with the needed reciept attatched. My fingers are crossed. When I call the wait times are often over 30 minutes. However, despite the delay and kavk of communication AHS has come through in the past so my fingers are crossed.