Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

Teri Johnston Chico, CA

They are an excellent company. They have always responded in a timely manner and the service was completed in a professional manner. Highly recommend

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Teri, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Mar. 27th, 2021

B. Darlington Saint George, UT

Friendly staff, from start to finish. Gave options when I expressed what the need was in my home. Listened and offered solutions I was able to choose best for me.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. Our goal is to pair you with the best contractor that is knowledgeable and able to explain what is going on. We look forward to our continued business together. Have a good day.

Keith Honolulu, HI

They have for the most part been very responsive. They also have stood behind their agreement to include replacement appliances which we had two of them

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Sue Nachor Fort Sumner, NM

They get things done quickly most of the time, but our home is in a very small town and repair folks can be hard.to find. But they generally do a great job

Reply from American Home Shield

Our goal is to pair you with the best contractor that will provide a quick and final resolution. Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us regarding your service request. We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. We look forward to our continued business together. Have a good day.

Dave T. Harrisburg, PA

It was easy to schedule an appointment, just log into their website and request a service. Was scheduled for the service the same day and had a technician out the next day.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dave, It is a pleasure to hear about the excellent service AHS has provided you. I hope you continue to enjoy the repairs we provide at a cost effective price!

Mar. 30th, 2021

Sandy Walker Chapel Hill, NC

I put in a claim July 2020, no response from Laha appliances. So I had to purchase a gas range. I only had 2 burners working. They never followed up with me. They told me that the parts were on order and I had to keep calling American Homeshield to keep checking on the order. I had to purchase a new gas stove and got it in December 2020. No response from American Homeshield about how much they are going to pay toward a $1100.00. So I not very happy with them. I have a order for my washing machine and it’s been 3 weeks and nothing done. I spoke with the gentleman and he said that he has ordered the parts.

Reply from American Home Shield

I hate to hear you were not satisfied with your experience with us and I would like to connect with you regarding it.

Apr. 1st, 2021

Cindy Faust Springfield, MO

We have had very good service with respect to requesting service and getting quick service calls. However, when our dishwasher was broken beyond repair it took almost 4 months and many phone calls to both HSA and the service provider before I got my new dishwasher. That said the new dishwasher I got was top quality.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for letting us know everything worked out great for you. Taking care of our members is the main goal here at AHS. I am glad that you were happy with the work done. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Enjoy your day.

Apr. 5th, 2021

Ruby LeBlanc San Francisco, CA

When there is a problem customer cannot talk to someone in department whose responsible for work being performed so becomes very challenging sometimes to get work done. Have to go through too many people.

Reply from American Home Shield

We apologize for any challenges you faced while getting your repair completed. Thanks for your patience.

Apr. 5th, 2021

Jerry Hanks Dripping Springs, TX

The electrician AHS sent out was amazing...he did a wonderful job...H&C electric, but the plumber they have sent out is awful...plumbing pro services is an awful awful company...Todd does crappy work...he has been out before and I had to spend 1,000 dollars to re-plumb his work

Apr. 7th, 2021

Jerry Williams Waldo, AR

Simple one step claim submission, Immediate response in assigning contractor to check out system, kept me well informed about contractor team until completed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jerry, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your most recent experience and the contractors we provide!

Apr. 1st, 2021

Maxine Artis Fort Washington, MD

The service I received was very great. I placed my order someone reached out to schedule the appointment the tech was on time and had my dryer back working

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Maxine, I am glad to hear about the technicians who completed the dryer repair on time and provided a great service experience.

Mar. 31st, 2021

Bob Calabrese Palm Harbor, FL

The are good about coming thru on covered repairs and they are good about replacing when repair is not an option. However premiums have gone up 85% in just 3 years, On top of that, some vendors have been great and others I wouldn't hire on my own. They give you no choice in who they will assign.

mike freeman Novato, CA

prompt service, qualified contractors. We have used them twice in the past month for plumbing issues and have been very satisfied with both the process and the work.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mike, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Francis Visalia, CA

Their schedules for work are quick. They have great contractors that make sure the work is done. It's easy to follow up cases to make sure that excellent work is performed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Our goal is to pair you with the best contractor that will provide a quick and final resolution. We look forward to our continued business together. Have a good day.

Mar. 18th, 2021

Theresa shields Jacksonville, FL

They are very professional. Always on time I never had a problem with making a claim it’s called the very next day and someone was right out to do their job

Reply from American Home Shield

I am happy that you were happy with your experience. Although we hope there are no issues with anything in the home in the future, we are here to service you anytime you need us. Thanks for continuing your business with us. Take care!

Mar. 18th, 2021

Monika Zuccaro California City, CA

Love American Home Shield 💕 they are very professional, send their technicians timely. Rates are very reasonable considering everything they cover. Am very pleased with them.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for letting us know we reached your expectations and please let us know if you need us in the future.

Mar. 19th, 2021

SHELIA SIMONE CALDWELL-POINTER Marietta, GA

I FEEL LIKE WHEN I CALLED THEM TO REPORT MY ISSUE, THEY TOOK MY INFORMATION AND ROUTED IT TO THE APPROPRIATE PERSONNEL AND SCHEDULED MY SERVICE REQUEST.

Reply from American Home Shield

Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Enjoy your day.

Mar. 22nd, 2021

Florence Garland Fort Walton Beach, FL

They have always responded quickly. Great coverage. Wished they covered items outside the home like outdoor lights, hot tubs and pools. Sometimes contracted service providers are not from this immediate area.

Reply from American Home Shield

Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs. Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Take Care.

Mar. 19th, 2021

Carl J. Kelle Orange Park, FL

Terrible communications. You've off-shored your "service" reps and I can hardly understand them. Wait times on phone or chat are ridiculous. Problems are not always addressed timely or correctly. I've never had another home warranty company so don't know what a comparison would show.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us. We are working diligently to improve the overall member experience and we look forward to our continued business together. Have a great day.

Mar. 23rd, 2021

Amador Aguila Tampa, FL

Fast service, excellent costumer service and efficiency in making appoinments when service is needed. For the price is worth to have American Home Shield

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Amador, I am pleased to hear about the fast and excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Mar. 22nd, 2021

Jaime Beltran Salinas, CA

I’m a new homeowner, and I got the home warranty as a gift. This is the gift that has kept our house going as far as replacing appliances replacing fans and have a great service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jaime, I hate to hear about your most recent experience to have the appliances repaired. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Mar. 11th, 2021

Richard Price Grayson, GA

The times that I've had to call about my ac unit, garbage disposal or electrical issue they've always come through with skilled technicians and quick, thorough resolution. Definitely worth the cost.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Richard, We are pleased to hear about your overall experience and the technicians that have serviced your home.

Mar. 17th, 2021

Chas Len Louisville, KY

Because the door on my microwave did not have a replacement part the service person checked and said that they would have to replace the microwave because there was no repair. American Home Shield asked if the door would still close . The service person said yes however the bushings were worn out. AHS said that they would have to get a second oponion

Sheila Martin Garland, TX

After being a client since 2007, this year our coverage of home appliances was inadvertently discontinued. Supposedly, that is a change that only I (as the contract holder) can make. I called for service on our washing machine, only to be told that we did not have that included in our coverage! I attempted to talk with one supervisor after another with promises that they would check in to it and call me back...I've never heard back from anyone!! The issue has never been resolved! That is extremely poor customer service, but they were certainly happy to collect my annual payment! This experience has definitely left a bad taste in our mouths.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sheila, l hate to hear about your most recent experience to have the washer machine repaired. I would be glad to speak with you and get the issues resolved!

Mar. 15th, 2021

Aminna Berndt Lathrop, CA

Everything was great except the response time of getting somebody out here to look at my refrigerator. It took three weeks to get somebody out here and another two weeks to get them back out to actually fix it. The company that came out was very professional and prompt.

Clayton Savage, MN

American Home Shield is easy to contact and quick to help but sometimes their list of what they won't cover is frustrating. Most of our repairs were fixed quickly and the cost is covered but a few times they wouldn't cover some common parts.

Janice F Oviedo, FL

Toilet repair covered, sewer repair inside house covered, but toilet flange cost me $300 above my service fee if $75. Told flange repair not covered??? Nowhere in my contract does it say that. This happened in both my bathrooms.

John Hampton, VA

I had a terrible time spending literally hours fighting for a claim to be honored. We had a leak under our home that the warranty company sent 3 separate plumbers out for. None of the 3 were equipped to do the job. I had to hire a 4th plumber and came out of pocket $11,300 for a slab leak. I notified the warranty company every step of the way however they refused to pay anything. Even though the contract clearly stated they would pay an aggregate amount of no more than $500 for a slab leak. I was even told by one of the reps that it wouldn't be covered because my home owners warranty should cover it. Long story short eventually after much frustration they agreed to pay $425.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, I hate to hear about your most recent American Home Shield experience and the slab leak repair that was not covered. I would be glad to speak with you about your experience.

Mar. 8th, 2021

Prefer not to state. Salinas, CA

I’m torn here because, on the one hand they did replace important items for me so that was amazing. On the other hand, I went without heat for 30 days in the winter. It wasn’t entirely their fault, since at that point a third party contractor is in control, but there is something very wrong with their system to force me to go without heat for 30 days. Nobody cared.

Nishan Las Vegas, NV

Fast friendly service, I called to have my dishwasher fix and they had someone out two days later and he fixed it on the first visit!! The tech was professional and knowledgeable of the unit.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nishan, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Feb. 25th, 2021

Thomas Grant Nehm Fort Worth, TX

Have a hard time dealing with computer generated answering. Have had good people here to service and you are not talking to a person so you end up with someone else. Don't like that. Remember is used to be a person you talked to.

Carmen Ziegler Van Nuys, CA

I have had American Home Shield more than 20 years, their choice of contractors is outstanding. Never had aproblem. Every operator I had from American HomeShield was an expert in his field anddida perfect job.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Carmen, It is always a pleasure to hear about our long time customers and 20 plus years is one to celebrate! We hope you continue to enjoy AHS and the service we provide!

Amanda Boucher Jacksonville, FL

Fast and efficient amazing service! Anytime I needed something I could easily go online and put in the request and within minutes I had a service repair person contacting me and setting up appointment right away!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Amanda, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Feb. 25th, 2021

Krista L Portland, OR

AHS has really been an amazing company—they are very helpful, prompt and have great contractors available. I have only good things to say about them and totally recommend them to anyone who has a house to take care of.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Krista, We strive to provide you with the best team of professional contractors and hope you continue to enjoy AHS!

Charlie Hendricks Winchester, KY

Very quick to setup consultants and address the problem. I’m in the middle of getting new double oven Very happy even in this time covid. Getting oven very quickly compared to box stores

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for the awesome review, Charlie! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.

Mar. 3rd, 2021

Rose Medina, OH

Assigned a company that provided me with the service I needed to fix my problem quickly and professionally and in a timely manner. Would recommend HSA because it provided me with the services I needed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rose, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Manuel Bastrop, TX

Because they don’t follow their policy I have been having problems with my garbage disposal and I think I have had issue about 3 times every time they send someone to fix it they say that the problem has been solved. Problem continue and I called for service request plumber said garbage disposal is old but American Home Shield won’t authorize a replacement until it breaks and doesn’t work any more.

Dave Livermore, CA

I was not happy when there was an Emergency flood water in my master bathroom. Called them 3 times to find a plumber ASAP. Coz the 1st olbet they called they hang up the phone on me. The second call they will come to fix after 3 days. I insist they need to find a plumber for us. They send a company Cal home construction and they did show up on time. Max was very knowledgeable. He fix everything. Thank you Max!

TravisS Phoenix, AZ

Three claims now since owning my home and every one of them was held quickly and satisfactorily. I literally have not a single complaint. My last repair was completed within about four hours of submitting the claim online.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Travis, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received to have all three claims repaired. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Shannon Alston Conway, SC

They are an absolute blessing for single women that have to have repairs and other work done around their house. I have already recommended AHS to my mom and my son for their houses.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Shannon, We appreciate your kind words and hope to continue to be a blessing to you and your home repair needs.

Feb. 12th, 2021

Laura Poway, CA

Agents varied in ability to help. I had a refrigerator issue. The first service was in May. I was promised a call back from then since it could not be repaired. I never received a phone call. I had several phone calls(over an hour) to resolve the issue. Finally, I was told a certified Samsung repair man would be needed to confirm that nothing else could be done. One was to call me but never did. When I called him using the phone number given me by AHS, the man who answered said he was not a certified Samsung repair person. Needless to say it was frustrating. I called and got an agent who spend nearly an hour finding one for me and had me stay in the phone until I had a confirmed appointment. She was great. The Samsung repairman was great. However, the refrigerator remained in repairable. He told me an AHS adjuster would call me. I got no call. Frustratingly I had to call and repeat the entire saga to a new agent. He was not sharp. Said I needed new parts. Finally, he understood and put me through to purchasing. They sent an email and I got some compensation. So that part was ok. 1 follow through, 1 communication , mixed ability repair people. All in all it took almost 7months.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Teresa, Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your ongoing issue for 7 months to have the refrigerator repaired and customer service experience to have the claim resolved.

Lizabeth Davis Chicago, IL

I have been without heat for over a week I spoke to a rep on 1/27, he stated my furnance should be here by 2/2. No furnance and now I'm told my furnance will not arrive until Friday 2/5. In my area this weekend we are expecting sub zero temps.

Sujata Naik Longview, TX

We have had AHS for many years and they have been very responsive to our appliance repair needs. They have provided timely responses to repairs or replacements of the covered appliance. In case we want to upgrade they have provided a reasonable value for our replacement. Their fees for service have gone up over the years from $35 to $75 per call. Also, the coverage cost has gone up substantially due to our repair claims. That has gone up from nearly $50 to $103. This has resulted in us looking at their competitors who provide lower fees. Though we like AHS we certainly cannot afford the higher coverage costs.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing your feedback. There may be a price increase from year to year due to the overall increase in parts, shipping and labor. We hope that you continue to see the value in your membership with us.

Apr. 7th, 2021

Frieda Hubbard Indianapolis, IN

First time using my warranty service & I was thoroughly pleased. I needed to get my exhaust fans serviced because they looked clogged but just needed cleaning. After speaking with the rep to create the work order I was contacted by the electrician within 20 mins of hanging up & Willobee Electric was at my home the following day and asked to come an hour earlier which was great!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Frieda, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Mar. 23rd, 2021

Rev. Anne Lewing Vidor, TX

Because the two time I needed repairs this year they where wonderful schedule with 3 respectable companies and they did a 3 job even though on my stove a part was needed they came back and I didn't have to fallow up with anything

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rev. Anne Lewing, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the service we provide!

Amy Lynchburg, VA

I was impressed with how quickly they were able to come out and check my heat pump. From the time I put in the order and how someone at my house was 2 days! I was anticipating 5-6 if not more. The technician was on time, friendly, and explained what he was doing so I could understand.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Amy, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

AK Issaquah, WA

I was able to initiate a service request online and followed it up with a phone call. I was provided with the vendor contact details whom I contacted and scheduled an appointment. The vendor was very professional and fixed my dishwasher within minutes.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi AK, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

David Denson Chesapeake, VA

Reasons for not giving 5 stars; 1. The cost seems a little high to me for the size of my home though I admit I have none done comparisons. 2. The, "what is covered list" does not seem to be very detailed and a bit confusing. 3. Upon an issue arising that required approval, an e-mail was sent and no phone call. Over all I do think it is a 3 program. The overall service we have received has been 4 and we have been very pleased with companies that performed repairs. Thank you.

Sarah Loeb El Paso, TX

When I expressed concern about the repair of my dishwasher, AHS took it upon themselves to make another attempt to repair it, and finally replaced it when it was not possible to repair. I thank AHS for their care and for the good, friendly, patient people who helped. I had excellent help in selecting a new dishwasher also.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sara, I hate to hear about the delay in service that you have experienced to have the dishwasher repairs completed. I would be glad to speak with you to get the issues resolved.

S Dobson Culver City, CA

Customer is always very helpful. We had issues with our repairs. Not the fault of the repair persons or the company. Every was so helpful in making sure it was fixed and working properly. We were given a follow up call to make sure the repair company had followed up.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!