Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

Daniel Moseler Hillsboro, OR

We purchased an older home with this warranty and continued this service after initial coverage. It has proven very useful in obtaining services in an otherwise tight service environment.

Reply from American Home Shield

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We are so happy to hear we have been able to take care of your repair needs. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Karen Benton, IL

I've been an AHS customer for over 20 years. Customer service is a horrible experience now. The last couple times I've called, the wait time is over an hour. If things go smoothly and the repairperson responds, things go pretty well.

Sarah Thousand Oaks, CA

Responsible and prompt service. Mostly experts come review problem and find out the problem exactly and fix it well in a short time. I think the technicians sent from here are qualified this and

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sarah, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Courtney Egerton Tyrone, GA

Quick and easy. I would definitely recommend to all my family and friends. Has been a lifesaver. This is my first time buying a re-sale home and it been the best investment I could've made.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Courtney. One of our main goals is to provide prompt and reliable service that our members can count on. We are so excited to hear about how quick and easy your service experience has been. Thank you for choosing and recoommending AHS.

Diane Brehm Mesa, AZ

Home Shield has always been responsive when I've called with a problem, however , my experience with Next Day Air has been a problem with communication . I will call & explain .

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Diane. Thank you for your positive rating. We are here to address your concerns and look forward to speaking with you regarding Next Day Air. Thank you for choosing AHS as your home warranty company.

Karen Cunningham Mishawaka, IN

Every experience I've had with American Home Shield has been a pleasant one. Responded to problems have been quick and favorable. Every one I've dealt with has been helpful and pleasant.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Karen, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Mike Haase Papillion, NE

Contractors have been really good through the service requests. Easy to make service requests. But trying to contact AHS for anything else is near impossible. Website is terrible if you need any help or want to contact a representative.

Lorraine Nardella Myrtle Beach, SC

I wasn't sure how this all worked so I was a little worried I was wasting my money. My dyer broke and the plan I got cover it. The service I received was outstanding. I am very happy with this coverage I will truly recommend this too all !

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lorraine, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating. Your opinion is valued greatly and helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jul. 2nd, 2021

Renee Kyle, TX

Efficient, reliable and knowledgeable. Technician assessed the problem immediately and fixed it. I've had other warranty companies that their technicians were not knowledgeable at all or I had to pay double for cost repairs while the warranty company paid only 1/3 of my price.

Reply from American Home Shield

Renee, we really appreciate your 5 star review. We are delighted with how well your problems have been resolved. We can't wait to provide you with great service in the future as well.

Jun. 30th, 2021

Debbie Ward Alabaster, AL

I have had a good experience with having to have service done in my home with AHS, that part is pretty easy to do, I wish in scheduling service there was a better procedure to explain the problem other than just a drop down that you have to find the best answer that fits. However, it is difficult to get someone on the phone in customer service, it's hit or miss getting someone that can help you with an issue. I don't like feeling that I am going around in circles just to get a simple question answered.

Emily C Harris San Angelo, TX

I had to pay out of pocket when the plumber that came to my house couldn't locate the problem through our clean outs on the ground and had to get on the roof to snake down the vents because getting on the roof wasn't covered. So that was $300+ out of pocket on top of the $75 deductible I had already paid to AHS. Then, our AC went out for the 2nd time in 3 months with 100 degree temps and a baby in our house and they would not find us a local contractor to get our system working emergently but instead assigned us a contractor from 3.5 hours away that wouldn't come for 2 more days. I just canceled my service request, called a 24 hr HVAC technician that was local, and paid out of pocket.

Joann Jenkins Antioch, TN

AHS is very good at honoring there contract service. If an item cannot be fixed they will replace it. They also will send the best rep. to do what they can to resolve any issues, be it appliances or what you have signed up for in your contract.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Joann, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain the excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jennifer Beltran Fresno, CA

Easy to book an appt for help/repair. American Home Sheild sent me an email and easy instructions how to book appointments how to contact them if I need repairs for my home and it was easy. I made the appointment then they sent out the repair man quickly and everything went smooth.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jennifer, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jul. 2nd, 2021

Evelyn Houston, TX

I have been with AHS for many years. I feel the service has gone down tremendously. I have been put on hold an hour before anyone picked up. When someone did pick up, I was put back on hold. When the representative returned, she misinformed me with information that was not true. Some of the contractors they use are just out for money. I feel AHS does not do enough to protect their customers.

Anthony Richards Woodbridge, VA

Outstanding service! The Contractor was very knowledgeable of what he was doing. Explained the job with clarity. Easy to understand and follow. I was very satisfied with the service that was provided and would recommend American Home Shield to my friends.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Anthony, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Alicia Clark Durham, NC

We have had a great experience with AHS overall these past three years. I only dropped a star because AHS recently increased our premiums but did not communicate that to us ahead of time. I received an email May 17 letting me know that our warranty would be renewed & our credit card charged in June for the upcoming year... but there was no mention of an increase in fees. Thankfully, a quick call to customer service yesterday cleared things up and our representative gave us a credit for two months. That was very kind and honorable given the previous lack of communication on AHS's part.

Jon Goodfellow Indianapolis, IN

Customer service is good. Only two real criticisms. Pricing is a tad expensive, and contractors sometimes a little slow to respond. But the work gets reliably done. On the upside, their coverage is very good and ceilings on major systems replacement like furnace and AC are also very good.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jon, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Maury Thornton Yantis, TX

Rapid response to my issue. I had an electrical issue with my air conditioner. A technician came out and determined it was not the air conditioner but required an electrician. American Home Shield set up an electrician to come out and the problem was fixed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marry. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your repair experience. We understand how valuable your time is. We are so happy to hear that we were able to provide you with prompt and efficient service to address the electrical issue and get your air working.

Wesley p Brill Port Charlotte, FL

When I have a problem. The phone is answered quickly by a knowledgeable representative. They ask pertinent questions to get me service by the best service provider. Services scheduled quickly. Vendor contact quickly. Repair scheduled and repairs completed rapidly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Wesley, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Alicia Gloyd Powell, TN

I called that morning, it was easy to file a claim and I had my problem fixed that evening! And i knew I was only going to be out my deductible, so i wasn't concerned about paying out a lot of money I didn't have at the time!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Alicia. Thank you so much for taking time to provide a positive review of your service experience. We are here to take the hassle out of your home repairs. We are so happy to hear that we were able to do that for you. We look forward to providing you with a great experience in the future as well.

Julie Lapp Bellevue, WA

The staff are always very polite and it's relatively easy to get a real person on the phone to answer my questions. When a contractor failed to contact me, AHS was helpful in the process to reassign the work order to a new contractor so my repair could proceed.

Reply from American Home Shield

HiJulie, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Johnny Indianola, MS

From my experience from dealing with other home warranty company by far American Home shield stands out the best one of all,at least they will be up front with you not hiding things like the other warranty co,I found American Home shied and this is where I going to stay

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Johnny, Your feedback to American Home Shield is more than appreciated! We strive to make every experience exceptional, and hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jai King Decatur, GA

Experience has been a great one so far. No major complaints except I paid the fee to get my AC inspected and they said everything was A-OK but then the temperature rose and we turned it on and it wasn't working. Had to pay another fee to have someone come check it out. Turned out to be a blown motor.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jai, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about your most recent American Home Shield experience and the AC repairs. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 stars as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jun. 24th, 2021

Abdullah Bilal North Las Vegas, NV

AHS Always Comes Through. With AHS I'm confident that any issues I have with my Appliances or Systems will be resolved in a timely Manner. The Communication is Unmatched. Email,Text and Phone AHS will make sure you are receiving great Service from companies dispatched to your home.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Abdullah, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Josephine Kogler Buffalo, NY

Any time I've needed a repair, it's a fast and easy process. The repairs I've had, have been fixed in a timely manner with reliable companies. Owning a home can be costly. I have a great sense of relief knowing I'm insured for many things around the house that can be costly to repair or replace.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Josephine, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Ana Jones Hampton, GA

American Home shield has always been there for us. We have three homes covered by AHS. Everytime we've needed them they've been there. From appliances, plumbing, electrical and even our pool coverage, they've been great! We've had so many items repaired or replaced.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ana, We appreciate your feedback and will continue to provide you with great coverage and a quality customer service experience.

Kathryn J Jedlick Pittsburgh, PA

American home shield is very helpful with getting things fixed. I have used them on 5 different occasions. In all of those occasions all i was responsible for was my service charge. I have had my A/C fixed, dishwasher & fridge replaced. A clogged drain in clogged.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathryn, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jun. 14th, 2021

Erin Cafagna Tolleson, AZ

Great first experience. Very quick repair service, scheduled fast and very efficient. Technician had to get approval from AHS to replace racks in our dishwasher. I figured this would take at least 1 week, but he got the approval on 1 day!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Erin, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jun. 14th, 2021

Bill Conway Wayne, PA

Coverage and their contractor. I’m giving them the Covid consideration. It’s been tough on us all. But I was on hold for over 6 hours with regard to one claim. That’s really bad. To top it off the call disconnected by itself.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bill, thank you for letting us know about your repair experience. Your feedback lets us know when we need to make changes and we understand long hold times can be very frustrating. We will strive to provide you with a much better experience in the future. Thank you for being a valued member of AHS.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Larsenia Overstreet-Steele Fairfield, AL

Because they are knowledgeable and kind and friendly ,helpful and answer all questions and don’t hang the telephone until you are satisfied with your needs and I would recommend them to anyone who need some help with anything they need and I am not just writing this i really mean everything I have said and you have a Blessed day

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Larsenia, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Henriette Carlson Kent, WA

Working with AHS has been so much better than I ever expected. The immense stress of having something breakdown is greatly reduced. I only had one incident happens during that was with my pool. I had listed many items as far as outdoors including my pool. When something happened with my pool I was told it wasn't noted in the contract. I missed it in my review of contract. I wasn't allowed to add it and had to wait until the anniversary of my contract. Other then that, all has been good.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Henriette, thank you for taking time to tell us about your AHS service experience. We are very pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. We appreciate yourunderstanding in having to wait until the renewal to add the pool coverage. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Jun. 2nd, 2021

Tracey Horton Austin, TX

I wrote a very negative review a couple of weeks ago that stated after being told to call an outside contractor for an emergency on a weekend and would be reimbursed, then I was told no I would not be reimbursed. However, after reading my review, I was contacted and will be reimbursed. I am very happy as I knew this was simply not fair. Thank you very much for making this right. I really appreciate it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tracey. Thank you for rating your service experience. I'm sure it is frustrating if you were given incorrect information and paid out of pocket for repairs. We would be happy to speak with you regarding this matter.

Jun. 4th, 2021

AFC Laurel, MD

I was tempted to rate three because of an unresolved issue which I've experienced for first time and in all my 25 years with them, but will rate four. I hope it has nothing to do with the Reps who are usually nice. Also because of their introduction of yearly contract number change which prevents you from having past and present access to your account. There is one customer number in every company I'm associated with so why do we have to have new contracts number every year? I've been unable to get into my online account. And I guess I've lost my history with this company. New policy is very disappointing.

Patricia Auton Dade City, FL

I had a Pluming problem, and they didn't fix it right the first time, I had to call AHS to send them back. My drip pan on my AC leaked over it had a bad sensor, again it still didn't work right, they had to return. What really upset me was it stained my celling, and AHS would not pay to replace the insulation that got wet, nor would they paint my celling either, that was caused from the drip pan sensor, caused the drip pan to overflow.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Patricia, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

May. 27th, 2021

Kathy Tucson, AZ

They have always sent technicians when I have a problem with an appliance. It is usually the next day. No questions asked. Sometimes it takes awhile to get the part, but they call when it arrives and come out the next day. The appliances that have needed repairs are older models, so I expect it to take some time to locate the part. The technicians are very good about keeping the area clean before leaving.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathy, We are pleased to hear about your service experience and the technicians that have completed repairs.

May. 25th, 2021

Tammy Michelle Taylor Plainview, TX

They sent out a second refrigerator company after the first repairman wouldn't do anything for the issue

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tammy, Thank you for your feedback! We hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield!

Aditya Chalise Denver, CO

Very nice and great services, the local service company is little slow to response otherwise everything good .

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Aditya, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Marianne Savela Port Saint Lucie, FL

A/C. Thermostat replaced. Within 24 hours the motor in the AC was replaced. Our Microwave was replaced.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marianne, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Chato Sauceda Gamerco, NM

Burner went out on my water heater. Tech came out to look at it. Got my water heater fixed really fast.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Chato, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

John Hollingsworth Winchester, TN

AHS is always very timely in identifying a service provider, providing any needed follow up and or assistance.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Ernesto Bloomfield Hills, MI

Very good service, I was not denied a new a/c unit. I thought they would deny it, and they gladly agreed to change it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ernesto, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Lisa Sanders Summit, MS

Great Service and understanding of our needs for our home. I truly recommended this service to all my family.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your feedback about your service experience! We hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield!

Amelia C Patten Chicago, IL

American Home Shield customer service representatives are friendly and pleasant and get the job done

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Amelia, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Mark H Weatherford, TX

After making monthly payments, when you need there services they charge more money to come out, but then they tell you they don't have anyone to come to your home for more then a week. They is water very where and you want me to wait over a week for service? HELL NO STAY AWAY! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mark. We appreciate your feedback regarding your service experience. I am sorry to hear the issue was not addressed to your satisfaction. I would be happy to speak with you further and assist with a resolution.

Daniel mak Havertown, PA

Good service for the most part. Could be a little cheaper. Certain service providers are more courteous and professional than others

Donna Magazine Miami Beach, FL

Responsive with quality professionals to project. Have tried other home warranty company and it was a disaster!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Donna, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield!

Kendra AckermN Williamsburg, OH

At first I was happy with AHS and felt that I was making a wise choice having this home warranty until I needed to actually use the coverage. It has taken several weeks to get approva and then the cost is outrageous. I still have t actually had the repair completed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kendra. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your service experience. I am sorry to hear that the issue has not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you further to address the issue.

Wanda siryani East Stroudsburg, PA

Friendly service sometimes have trouble with the trades reaching out to me right away and having problems resolved quickly

Joyce Rattanavong Antioch, TN

Very professional and it was actually a pleasant surprise to see that a company will do what it says.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Joyce, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Shayne Barrieault Johnstown, CO

They make it quick and easy to file a claim. The contractors they assign are knowledgible and professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Shayne, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.