Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.8

Zariffe Denegri San Francisco, CA

They didn't give up trying to find a plumber for us. We did have to wait 3 days but they checked up on our situation and immediately fixed the issue. Plumber arrived early and got started on the work. Professional and nice.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Zariffe, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Nov. 9th, 2021

Ann Griffin Mesa, AZ

Our request for help was filled quickly, and the electrician who came to our home was very helpful, friendly, and spotted the unusual problem quickly, which he then fixed for us.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ann, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Nov. 9th, 2021

Gina Patton Downers Grove, IL

I was disappointed that our first claim was not covered! The laundry room injector pump needed replaced, fine print- that's not covered. The plumber, Peter was great! He did give us a good price. He had pump and all parts with him and got it replaced in short amount of time.

Cynthia Regier North Newton, KS

The last experience was so bad that I am looking to change companies! After submitting a work rider three days later I had not been assigned a company to come and fix m caged kitchen sink. I had dirty dishes everywhere and no help in sight. I called again and spoke to customer service and was assured something would be done about it. By the next Monday nothing had been done! We hired a local plumber and demanded my copay amount returned! I'm just waiting for the credit to drop then am finding anther company!,,

Glenn M Castello Ewa Beach, HI

AHS has always been prompt with arranging for service.....website is easy to use.....customer service is pleasant and helpful. Any complaints or issues I have had with a vendor have been easily and promptly resolved by AHS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Glenn. Thank you so much for your feedback. It is our goal to address your needs and take the hassle and worry out of unexpected repairs each time you contact us. We are so happy to have provided you with great service and can not wait to do so again.

Glenda B Hart Dripping Springs, TX

I have had my A/C unit repaired. Company was quickly in touch and was very satisfied with the work done. My printer couldn't be repaired and I was sent a check for purchase of a new one.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Glenda, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

KayC Pierce West Chester, PA

It is a two step review...they had to come back twice as the two toilets fixed were not fixed. First technician said both were fixed and left. Next day one toilet wouldn't even flush toilet paper (let along anything heavier) and the second toilet handle stuck and ran all night. The vendor was wonderful and sent a second tech who identified both problems, repaired them and they both work perfectly. This shouldn't have taken two visits.

Rita Kay Thomas Kansas City, MO

I am unhappy with my last service call.APW Plumbing and Heating is charging me an additional $100 on top of the $100 AHS charged. The work order is #24578. I do not feel I should pay this. Please respond as to whom I should talk with at AHS.

Elaine Hodges Phoenix, AZ

Brad was great. Very knowledgeable about his job. Took care of everything that needed to be done to fix the washer. He is kind, considerate, caring. It was a pleasure to have his help to get the washer running again.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Elaine. It is so wonderful to hear about your experience and well your repair need was met with your washer. We can't wait to provide you with a great experience for your next repair need as well. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Mathew Griswould Anniston, AL

Staff is always professional and courteous when I call to make a service request. Staff tend to work with you as far as getting the service technician contacted as soon as possible as if it was their own issue.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mathew, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Leon Poulson Abington, PA

I've used AHS for over 10 years. Not sure what changed but it's definitely good because quality diminished over the last few years and didn't even want to use them. But that's all changed and service is back to A1 for me.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Leon, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy AHS!

Carol Jackson West Covina, CA

Timely response to issues. Need to read exclusions carefully. Most contractors have been great but a few contractors I'd never want in my home again. They are expensive monthly and then $75 service charge but if you want a low hassle experience when things break then it works.

Chloe Van Slyke Bothell, WA

If the work order is able to be taken care of by the AHS vendor on the first visit and the vendor is responsive on scheduling, then AHS is okay at best (AHS doesn't do a very good job of screening vendors). If return visits are needed or any other additional issue, refund, or service that requires speaking with AHS, the customer service line is atrocious and then we, the client, need to follow up with both AHS and the vendor for weeks to get anything done. Often, AHS does not have the relevant update from the vendor, and vice versa, and it takes weeks to get anything approved through AHS. Not worth the time and energy spent, in my opinion.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Chloe. We appreciate you letting us know about your repair experiences. I do hate to hear that you have not been pleased with the service you have received. I would be happy to speak with you to address your concerns further.

Meas Gold Morrow Keller, TX

Every time we did a service called they took care us very good, fast and responsible. One time they can't fix our washer and dryer they just let us choose a brand new one. There services are excellent

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Meas. Thank you for the 5 star review. We understand how important it is to our members to have prompt and reliable service when needed. It is our goal to provide you with this same level of service each time you reach out to us. Thank you for being a valued member of AHS.

Adam Metcalf Bremerton, WA

I have had truly wonderful experiences with AHS and the response time that the company has. Sometimes though it is the contractors that they refer out that are an issue. When that is the case AHS is always professional and courteous to get those issues resolved as best they can. Sometimes though resolution isn't possible and that is why I can't give a perfect score.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Adam, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Oct. 29th, 2021

Scott Cape Coral, FL

We had issues with a few appliances and AHS promptly sent a technician out and repaired the stove and dishwasher. Few months later we had more problems with the dishwasher and since it could not be repaired AHS replaced with a new one.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Scott. Thank you for letting us know about your positive experiences when reaching out to our company. We are so delighted to hear that you have been pleased with the service we offer and that the problems with your appliances were resolved to your satisfaction. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Arthur Sepulveda San Antonio, TX

Recently had a 'short' 38 gallon electric residential water heater replaced. AHS approved the replacement and identified a service contractor to do the job. Besides whatever AHS paid the service contractor, I had to pay $ 775 ($ 700 + $ 75 AHS fee) for 'non-covered' installation costs. AHS approved the replacement and the service contractor did a very professional job of the replacement. My question is: Doesn't $ 775 seem like a lot of money in 'non-covered' cost to replace a unit that sells for about $ 500? I'll be checking with other home warranty companies and if I discover that they all work this way, I'm going to consider all of my options. When I started my contract with AHS about 20 years ago, the non-covered costs were usually minimal ($ 200-400), now they are more than the actual cost of the unit. This last experience does not 'feel' equitable.

Joe Carrasco Vancouver, WA

We have chosen AHS to protect our homes for over 20 years. While we have experienced some minor time delay problems, our over-all satisfaction with AHS is Positive. We currently have AHS contracts to protect both our home, plus our rental properties.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Joe. We are so delighted to hear that you have been pleased with the overall service you are receiving. We know how important it is to our members to receive dependable service. We want you to know you can always count on AHS as your warranty company. We look forward to working with you for many more years to come.

Thomas Gigliotti Parker, CO

I had two appliances that needed repair. In both cases, the repair people came quickly and assessed the situation. In both cases, the repair parts were discontinued. American Home Shield offered me a replacement or money towards a replacement. I chose the money towards the replacement and they sent a check. It was simple.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Thomas. Thank you for letting us know about the experiences with your applainces. We are very happy to hear the problem was resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. Thank you for trusting AHS.

nathan safford Union Springs, AL

I has my share of issues with AHS, my AC system recently stopped working. The repairs was denied by AHS. I was told that the Meyers technician finding was there was previous issues with my unit. I have a copy of the technician report and it doesn't read of any prior issues with my unit. I has to pay out if pocket 1,940 dollars to get the compressor replaced in the unit. I tried to get refunded the wholesale cost from AHS but no success. I finally got a reasonable amount to replace my cook top. This was a 5 month ordeal. So u am still not pleased with all of the decision made by AHS. I was member for 9 years and I canceled my membership because of how my cooktop replacement was being handled . I recently renewed my contract.

Nghia Nguyen Tampa, FL

getting help was quick and easy. for my particular experience I had to make 2 calls because the HVAC tech just came and did a quick fix to the problem but not resolve the actual cause of the problem. I was able to find the actual cause of the problem and mitigate the problem but I am not able to fix the problem.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nghia. Thank you for your time in letting us know how we are doing. We always do our best to provide prompt and efficient service for our members. We would be happy to speak with you if there is still any unresolved issue you may need assistance with.

Betty Basehore Manteca, CA

We had our Garbage Disposal break after 11 years of use. AHS sent out a man to replace it with a new one within 2 days. The fellow was very well trained and knew what he was doing. He took out the old disposal and put a new one in. It only took him 10 minutes to get it running. Wow!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Betty. It is so good to hear how efficiently the issue with your garbage disposal was taken care of. One of our main goals is to provide prompt and reliable service that our member can count on. Thank you for allowing AHS to take the hassle out of your home repair needs.

Felonta Plano, TX

My service was completed quickly. I called the 800 number and within minutes they were asking questions about my issue and using a camera to validate exactly what needed to be fixed. After we schedule for the technician to come out, it was a matter of days before I received the part needed to fix my appliance.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Felonta, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

S.C Burleson, TX

Applying for the service is very easy. And the technician is sent the next day. However, the technicians are too slow. After they make an estimate, there is no news. I think you have to meet the techs well. It took five weeks to fix the air conditioner in Texas in the middle of the summer. I couldn't stay at home during the day, and it was so hot every night that I couldn't sleep, so I could cut my electricity bill by 1/3. Plumbing took 6 weeks. Only 2 of the 4 faucets could be fixed. I fixed the microwave and dishwasher. It was much easier and faster than waiting for them to fix it. I don't know if I'll join the American Home Shield next year. But I definitely think it's better than other HomeShield companies.

ISAAC GARZA Bakersfield, CA

AMS was quick to handle my needs. A repair technician was at my home within two days! The customer service representative was very helpful and able to keep me informed throughout the process. I am so happy I switched to AHS!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Isaac. We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with AHS. We want you to know you can trust in the coverage we provide. It's great to hear you did not have any problems with getting your repair needs met. Thank you for choosing American Home Shield.

Katherine Gaffney Florence, KY

They have been quick and professional. Everything i have cled about has been fixed promptly. The companies they use are all local to me and have been very friendly. This is comforting as a single mom and first time home buyer.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Katherine, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Deborah Hammesfahr Buckeye, AZ

This is my first year with AHS and I couldn't be happier. Staff is easy to talk to and they are super informative when discussing details about your claim. The 3rd party vendors are professional and go out of their way to serve you well.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Deborah. We are so delighted to hear that you have been pleased with the service you are receiving. We know how important it is to our members to receive dependable service. We want you to know you can always count on AHS as your warranty company.

Beverly Joseph Missouri City, TX

When I first got my warranty my washer broke. A repairman was sent immediately. It was determined the washer could not be fixed and they bought a new one. Actually I was shocked but I then knew this company is honest and operates with integrity. I will have them forever.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Beverly, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Rod Uyeda Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Unfortunately, I have needed AHS twice in the last few months; my ice maker stopped working and my dryer stopped working. In both cases, AHS answered my claim immediately and I was very pleased with the service they provided.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rod, I am pleased to hear about your AHS service and both repairs that were completed fast and efficiently!

Linda Barr Ontario, CA

Excellent service when it comes to fixing or having to replace an item. Thank you!!! If there is anything negative it would be some of the contractors are not reliable, lie on reports and don't keep me updated/status on items that need to be repaired with parts on order.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Linda. Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you have been pleased with the repairs. Please continue to let us know how we are doing. We looking forward to providing a better experience with the service contractors as well.

Mary Margaret Franco Rowland Heights, CA

It's been a positive experience, even recommended you to my neighbors (they signed up). Your techs hand improved. You always sent from Glendale area and wasn't happy with their lack of professionalism and evaluation of the problem. I had a serious concern when you refused to replace my AC system. I was given 3 different reasons for denying. I had several contacts at your company, the most aggravating one with an Amy H (?). I hired a AC contractor and he said that's how you all work. It was frustrating and I was angry but stayed with you. Interesting that your commercials advertise "no matter how your AC system.........". That's a lie. Anyway, you asked!!

Glenn Seltzer Orange, CA

I am retired and repairing appliances is a wory of the past ! I simply let LHS do it. A small fee per month and a small charge per repair. All my appliances are covered. If the appliance cannot be fixed. That small charge for repair buys me a new appliance. Could AHS be any more of a Prince on a White Horse.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Glenn, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Jerel Gilmore Mobile, AL

I love the service, every time I'm in need of help I immediately call are go online to put in a claim to American home shield and get quality results. I'm pleased to say American home shield is a must have for your home service!!!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jerel, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Dawn Kliarsky Saint George, UT

ALWAYS GREAT TO WORK WITH!! I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR 18 YRS AND I SO APPRECIATE HOW THEY HAVE TREATED MY HOME NEEDS AND ME!! I HAVE RECOMMENDED THEM TO SO MANY PEOPLE BEAUSE OF MY EXPERIENCE....NEVER A MOMENTS REGRET THAT I HAVE HAD THEM....PEACE OF MIND!!!!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dawn, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Bill Bell Coweta, OK

My washer broke on a Friday and a service Rep came on Monday afternoon and diagnosed the problems and submitted to AHS. They in turn chose to replace washer. I was able to purchase one of like quality of the original washer on Thursday. Very pleased with with AHS in all areas.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bill, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

American Home Shield Customer Glendale, AZ

My interaction with the sales department, prior to making the decision to purchase the American Home Shield warranty oh, those interactions were good and mostly pain-free. However, all of the interactions with the American Home Shield customer service department, to include calling in to report a new event / claim, all of those interactions were tainted with a slight yet obvious language barrier because American Home Shield evidently uses an overseas call center for their customer service department. This has made my perception of American Home Shield I bit less than desirable, and as a result I did not give American Home Shield a 5-star rating.

Theresa Edwards Monroeville, PA

American Home Shield is an excellent home warranty company. Whenever there is a problem with anything in my home, I call them and get an immediate response. They always send competent, professional vendors to solve the issue. If they cannot fix the issue, the company issues a credit to replace the appliance, etc.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Theresa, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Oct. 11th, 2021

Antonio Calera, AL

Awesome experience has had no problems with American home shield. We switched from Choice home warranty because they refused to fix our a/c after having them for several years. We dropped them the same day and got American home shield. That was the best decision we could make when it comes to our home.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Antonio. It is so great to know you had such a good experience. We are so glad that you chose to be a valued member of AHS. We look forward to being your home warranty company for many years to come.

Oct. 11th, 2021

Sue San Marcos, TX

They have consistently responded promptly with really expert service professionals to diagnose and fix the household problems I’ve had. I’ve been extremely pleased & grateful that I have had American Home Shield for the problems which have occurred. I have recommended it to my friends & family without reservation.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sue. This is so great to hear. We really appreciate you taking time to let us know that your problem was resolved so effectively. We look forward to working with you again and thank you for choosing AHS as your warranty company.

Valerie Gondolfo Gold Canyon, AZ

I’ve been with AHS for a long time and I have had many service requests. Some things have been covered and some not. One situation had an extremely negative outcome. My dishwasher died and I never had it looked at, but when my refrigerator died a while later, I submitted a service request. It took a long time to get a repair person out, so I had to use ice and a cooler for several days. They looked at the dishwasher and refrigerator and reported back to AHS, and AHS decided that neither was covered because it must have been a power surge, which was not true because I have a special plug on my refrigerator to prevent that from happening.

Willie Jones Dayton, OH

My last experience with AHS was not very good to say the least, I'm not feeling very confident with the way that the team handles the claims that are submitted, if it wasn't for the contractor that was assigned to my home and the way that they followed up on my claim due to the negligent claim processing of my clothes dryer , I would have been in a world of trouble , my claim was closed after I was told that I would have to pay an extremely high amount to repair my dryer by the AHS representative, I'm so thankful that the contractor stepped in and got in touch with AHS and then AHS decided to help with replacing the clothes dryer after nearly 20 days, I don't use the warranty much so when I need them I expect AHS to be there for me just as I pay them to do.

Zelma Gaithersburg, MD

Have their coverage for many years and I’ve always been very satisfied with their services. I’m very happy with the ease of filing a request and the timelines completing the services. Dealing with AHS all these years has been a good experience.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Zelma. Thank you for the positive review and feedback. We are very happy to know how pleased you have been with the service we provide over the years. Thank you for being a valued member of AHS and we hope you continue to find the value in your home warranty coverage.

Eddie Lipham Arlington, TX

AHS has completely turned around my opinion. After a few bad experiences several years ago I considered dropping them, but since then they have been amazingly good. The contractors are much better, coverage is great, and response from both vendors & AHS has been well above expectations.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Eddie, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Oct. 6th, 2021

Pamela Reid Indian Head, MD

I am quite please with American Home Shield Warranty service. In the pass 20 plus years I had this warranty they have provided excellent service, professional and quick to respond my service calls. I would and do recommend American Home Shield to friends and family.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Pamela. We thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with your service experiences, and we look forward to providing you with a great experience for your next repair need. We look forward to being your warranty company for many more years to come.

LEAH JACKSON Conyers, GA

I think AHS is a good company and, overall, would recommend them. However, I've notice their customer service level has gone down and would rate as a 3-3.5 due the difficulty in reaching a supervisor. Also, it appears they do not have a dedicated response area for direct complaints to upper management and/or the department that approves subcontractors for complaints against said subcontractors.

C Brooks Glen Carbon, IL

I have had to have a few service calls. Was satisfied with the prompt service. Not pleased with having to place a couple of service calls for my air conditioner n having to pay for the freon both times within a year. $90 the first time n $130 most recently. I don’t understand why the problem couldn’t just be fixed immediately instead of filling it with freon that is just going to leak. So far I’m very pleased with my washing machine service . Have not yet received my reimbursement because I just made the purchase n submitted the receipt to AHS.

Willie Watson III Charlotte, NC

Had a problem with my microwave..Filed my issues with American Home Shield. Service technician came out, order the parts to take care of my microwave issues. Technician came back after parts was received and completed the job to perfection

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Willie. We are so happy that you took time to let us know about repair experience. We are here to take the hassle out of home repairs. Thank you for trusting AHS to do that for you.

Oct. 6th, 2021

Sandra Sachs Brooksville, FL

I called about a problem I'm having with my laptop. Before I added the electronics coverage, I asked if service was provided in house - I was told Yes. When I called I was told that I would receive a box in 5 days to mail my laptop to them, and that I should remove any login pasword, and backup my computer prior to shipping it since their actions could result in loss of some or all of my data. Since my computer won't boot, none of this was possible. I cancelled my claim and called AHW to express my opinion about this service. After 2 hours on the phone, being transferred from person to person, I was told that I could not file a complaint with AMW about the eletronics warrenty/policy since you didn't service electronics. However, I pay YOU for the electronics coverage, and YOU contract for this service to a 2nd party. If one of you customers has an issue with this 2nd party, YOU should be informed about it.

Charles Klaassen Buffalo, MN

Our HSA warranty has given us great piece-of-mind as we moved and settled in to our new home over these past two years. We contacted and used the service several times to remedy issues that we didn't expect or foresee regarding our house. From the time we notified them to the satisfactory completion of the service, we've experienced friendly, courteous and professional service and solutions. We are certainly pleased with American Home Shield and our home warranty.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Charles, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Sep. 21st, 2021

An Oskarsson Atlantic Beach, FL

All of our home repair issues have been successfully resolved by American Home Shield. The techs have been knowledgeable and capable and nice. The biggest negative is that service takes longer to be scheduled than if hiring service normally, and our dishwasher replacement took a very long time. However, we think that is to be expected for home warranty service. The main thing is that repairs have been successful. I love the website and the ease with which to put it a service request (no more holding on the phone!) and it seems that they are all the time trying to improve their processes.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi An, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Sep. 21st, 2021