Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

G. Henderson Winchester, VA

When I call, they are quick with giving me the name and number of the company that will be servicing a particular appliance. I have been pleased with the service companies that they have on their list.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear you were satisfied with the vendors we sent out.

KIM H. WILLIAMS Belding, MI

The claim initiation process could be streamlined. Finding an available vendor can be a lengthy process. (I recently filed a claim for a leaking water heater and from the time of the initial call until the water heater was replaced was 8 days) I don't know why I have to pay $100 up front before a vendor can even be located

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Apr. 1st, 2021

Meghan Bernier La Plata, MD

Excellent customer service. Good problem resolution in a timely manner. However, maybe a better process when picking contractors. Having to pay 75.00 more than once for the same call due to an error not in my control wasn’t fun.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us. We are working diligently to improve the overall member experience and we look forward to our continued business together. Have a great day.

Apr. 5th, 2021

Nita Oklahoma City, OK

Easy and efficient to use. The services that I have used have been very professional and easy to understand. They have have scheduled all appointments within 24 hours and I have never paid more than the service call.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Nita, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Mar. 27th, 2021

Tamika North Las Vegas, NV

The few times that we have used AHS. They have provided prompt courteous service. We have not waited longer than 24 hours to have a representative contact us and have a technician at our door.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tamika, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

P. Childs Lexington, MS

It was an okay process to get service. American Home Shield should have it to where you don't have to pay 100.00 until they actually come to the house to do the service. Because the guy didn't even call me I had to call him and he couldn't find my info.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing. We apologize is there was a delay with your appointment. The service fee is due any time the request is entered regardless of the appointment date. If there is an issue where the appointment was never set or met, please follow up with us for a refund.

Apr. 5th, 2021

Kimberly Brickers Cleveland, OH

my first service concern with ahs was with my washer and dryer service request began in November2020 parts orderedand came back after parts arrived still partially fixed more parts ordered return and install ordered parts to dryer its running but still stalling when turned on cant get dryer to work so order more parts cant locate parts call ahs and they say looking for parts cant find after weeks of calling ahs now says parts on back order will be available March2021 so now its March 2021 and there are still no parts not understanding why i have gotten the run around and my washer and dryer have not been replaced i have used ahs for plumbing and electrical work but do to this experience it takes away for my over all opinion of ahs as for now i have a very poor and untrustworthy opinion on this home warranty service two thumbs down

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kimberly, Thank you for bringing this ongoing issue with the dryer to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to assist with a resolution to the repairs.

Apr. 1st, 2021

Pete Buford, GA

I have had all my issues resolved in a timely manner. Important for me has been to get qualified service without spending hours browsing web reviews. AHS has been working very well for me.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Pete, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Josh H Spokane, WA

They always quickly respond to my homes needs weather my A/C not blowing cold air to my hot water heater leaking water everywhere there quick to get service technician to fix my home break downs .

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Josh, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your AC home warranty needs.

Mar. 30th, 2021

Joseph Lynch San Antonio, TX

If appliance needs to be replaced, it is difficult to get in touch with the department to begin process. It can also take 4 to 6 weeks to get appliance. The replacement amount given is on the low end for the appliances I have replaced but it is better than nothoing.

Reply from American Home Shield

We apologize that you had difficulty reaching us and a delay in getting your appliance. With all that has went on within the last year, there was a strain on us getting shipment in a timely fashion. We appreciate your patience.

Henry Cram Long Branch, NJ

I’ve had three instances where I used this service. The local service provider assigned was excellent. All three repairs were resolved to my satisfaction, in a timely fashion and in accordance with my contract.

Reply from American Home Shield

Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Enjoy your day.

Pete W Fredericksburg, VA

Good value for the money. We've needed to use them a few times in the past and the cost is worth the piece of mind. We had one expensive repair that recouped the annual cost easily.

Reply from American Home Shield

Taking care of our members is the main goal here at AHS. I am glad that you were happy with the work done. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Enjoy your day.

Ramona Williams North Augusta, SC

sometimes you get a rep that refuse to assist you properly in all the years that happen twice, a few weeks ago i had a rep that only wanted to tell me what he seen in the record he refused to call to see if my new unit had arrived nor if there was a date for the arrival, once i called back the young lady called C&C confirmed my united had arrived and asked about an install date, it was cold and i had not heat but did he care no but I was glad I called back and was able to get setup and unit installed within a few days some reps may need additional training

Danny Feeback Cynthiana, KY

Anytime we have had a problem, we called AHS and received prompt service. The repairmen have always arrived promptly and checked out our problems and completed the necessary repairs. On occasion, parts needed to be ordered before the repair could be completed. Overall, we have been very satisfied with our experiences with AHS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Danny, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Mar. 16th, 2021

Elspeth Killinger Phoenix, AZ

Easy and efficient to file a request. Had a problem with a tech and they immediately fixed the situation and sent a new company to ensure my satisfaction. The online wait time for customer service was a little lengthy but it was easy to wait online instead of being tied to a phone the entire time.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Elspeth, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Mar. 11th, 2021

Dennis Ward. Tucson, AZ

In the end they came through with soving my problem but it took 1.5 years. and 5 service calls for a hundred buck per replacing the ice maker 5 times. Then I got to talk to the lady is purchasing. She was amazing and in about a weeks time she got my new appliance delivery taken care of . I give her 5 stars plus 5 more. Thank you.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dennis, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Mar. 17th, 2021

Larry Sawyer Garland, TX

They are great and always successful wirh the little things,. But when I lost the refrigerator they failed to repair over five months with no offer to replace. I bought a new one. When our dryer failed they took seven months to fix and still does not perform satisfactory. Again no offer to replace. I still keep them because in the total they are a good value!

Kellie Norwalk, IA

I had a tech out for my furnace same day. The tech worked with my difficult work schedule and made it work for me. $125 service call fee for a $700 plus repair right before a huge cold front (-31 windchill) came through. I was warm and toasty.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kellie, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Mar. 5th, 2021

Gustavo D Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Outstanding customer service. Very easy to communicate with when I called to request service. The company that came to repair my furnace was very professional. The worker diagnosed and located the problem quickly. Took apart the electrical board and made the repairs needed. He was done in less than 30 mins.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Gustavo, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Feb. 26th, 2021

B Puyallup, WA

They are always take care of their customer needs with their appliances being fix. They did replace my washer with a new one because part the maker of my washer doesn’t make that part anymore that’s why they did replace my washer with a née one

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi B, We can’t thank you enough for the kind words about [product/service]. Your review means a lot to us and lets us know we’re on the right track!

Jason Lancaster, KY

They were more proactive about fixing my issue than I was. Truly hard to find a company pushing to fix your problem more than you do. I have since convinced two of my friends to purchase a home warranty. I will continue to do so.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jason, Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your feedback with AHS. Our priority is customer service and we are ecstatic that we met that mark!

Brian Brown Reynoldsburg, OH

Ahs service request do on line quick. By phone dont waste your time they send good quality peple to your home that are good. And fix most problem that day but when somthing cant be fixed they dont like to replace it took 4 months for refrigerator and three companys spent more on service than it cost to buy new didnot care it was the holidays and no frig

Dennis Werner Fountain Inn, SC

Every time we have had any issues with our covered products AHS has made it so easy to have them repaired. They make it extremely easy to request service and then the process moves very quickly to assign a service provider. I highly recommend these guys!

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Dennis, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Mar. 1st, 2021

James & Dorothy Hubbard Poway, CA

I have been with American home shield for many many years and whenever I need them they have always come through for me, I have no complaints with this company in all the years I have been with them, and it has been well over 20 years

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi James & Dorothy, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Sandra Erie, PA

We bought a house that had more problems than we ever imagined. Fortunately it came with an American Home Shield Shield. Thank God. AHS came to our rescue again and again and again. Furthermore, it was quick and easy. HONEST!!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sandra, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Feb. 12th, 2021

KWADublin Dublin, OH

In the past 3 months we've had two claims with AHS: One for our Dryer and the other for our Furnace. Our Dryer was not drying properly and the technician ordered the parts they felt they needed. The frustrating part of this claim was the excessive time it took AHS to handle the parts request. The service company notified AHS that the necessary parts were no longer available and that a payout would likely be needed. AHS then said they needed to try their sources to find the parts. That took over 10 days just to confirm what the service tech already told me. We couldn't be without a dryer so we just bought a new one that was the newer version of the one we had. The upside is that AHS agreed to do the payout and we were reimbursed $900 towards our new dryer, covering about 90% of the cost of the new one. So it all worked out well in the end. For our Furnace, the first tech the responding company sent was a pure BS artist. Once I learned more about our Lennox furnace, I quickly learned that he was installing the wrong Igniter, something 3 other HVAC companies I called said was something "you learn on Day 1 working on Lennox furnaces." In hindsight I am convinced he was just trying to push me to buy a new furnace so he could earn a commission. I pushed them and they sent another technician who really knew her stuff about furnaces. She immediately confirmed her coworker installed the wrong Igniter and got the right one. The downside is that it took a few days and the temperatures were low, but we got through it. In the end, she installed a new Igniter, Computer Module/Board, and a new Inducer motor. Furnace is working again and AHS covered it all. I've had other claims with AHS over the last several years and they've covered everything. I really feel I've gotten my money's worth, especially this year. I have noticed my annual fees are increasing, but at this point I am still money ahead on what I am spending and will renew my contract.

Reply from American Home Shield

Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs. Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Take Care.

Mar. 23rd, 2021

Frances Watd Burney, CA

I needed a repair and they acted on getting it fixed within days. They referred me to the purchase department and within a day or two they found me a replacement for my oven and hopefully within the same month of break down my new oven will be delivered. The only thing I might fault is it takes at least 21 days to get your reimbursement check. Some insurance co. Deposit it in your Bank account.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good afternoon Frances, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jan. 30th, 2021

Phil Pittsburg, TX

Timely service, peace of mind. Some of the best insurance money you could spend.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Phil, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Carol Laurel, MD

Money that you pay for a service and sometimes nothing can be fixed. Should be another fee just for consultation.

Joanie Canyon Country, CA

So far, although I have only one experience to report on, I was highly satisfied.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Joanie, Thank you for your AHS feedback!

Christy and Ronald De Soto, MO

Customers service people are friendly and get people out here to fix things. Thank you.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Christy & Ronald, Thank you for your feedback and we hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the customer service we provide!

Clippard Merrily Myrtle Beach, SC

Prompt, friendly, efficient, personable, explained what was wrong and how he fixed it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Clippard, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

John Lasenberry Millington, MD

Very professional, listen to their clients and do their best to complete their job.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi John, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Eula Don Freed Claremore, OK

Takes too long to get repairs fixed. Ready Service was slow and not installed correctly. I have to call a local plummer to fix it.

Brent Davidson Bloomfield Hills, MI

Good service and coverage, good value, the coverage and replacement options are excellent.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brent, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Rodney George West Bloomfield, MI

Quick service they always fix the problem and if they can't, they replace the unit.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rodney, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

C Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Good coverage and easy to use. Professional "subs" get the work done in a timely manner.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi C, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

C. Arnold Plano, TX

Have always received good service and fast responses from them when I had a problem.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi C. Arnold, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

D Hood Camden, NC

I have been with them for many years and have never had to worry about anything.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi D Hood, We will continue to provide you with great customer service and a piece of mind to your home repairs.

Susan Nagel Farmersville Station, NY

Problem solved ASAP. Easy to get claim started. Sent knowledgeable repair service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Susan, We will continue to provide you with great customer service and a piece of mind to your home repairs.

Cora Blakey Cincinnati, OH

They are pretty good about setting up appointments, but you almost have to shoot the appliance before it is replaced

Omar A. Echegoyen Westminster, MD

They are very efficient and thorough in regards to service and what they promise.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Omar, We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy!

Anthony & Linda Eack Rock Hill, SC

All around efficient, professional and courteous. I would definitely recommend this company!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Anthony & Linda, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Mary Cowan Lancaster, CA

I have used AHS for years and problem resolution can take up to 2 weeks or more. Not good when your refrigerator is not working.

Spencer Phenix City, AL

Professional service. Arrived on time and explain problems. Appointment CSR was very friendly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Spencer, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Mr Ed Fort Lauderdale, FL

Arrived during the appointed time. Technician knew what to check on the hot water tank.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mr. Ed, I appreciate your feedback and hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the contractors we provide!

Julie Casa Grande, AZ

It is a great company! I have used them many times and never had a problem with their services.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Julie, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!

Jessica Mills Ostrom Lake Isabella, CA

I like the concept of the warranty but I think they allot to much money on repairs when it would be cheaper and easier to replace sometimes.

Patrick Fort Worth, TX

Very reliable and the techs they send are always professional and very knowledgeable.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Patrick, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Valarie Garner-Scott Newark, DE

They were quick, efficient and on time. I did not spend my day waiting for a delivery.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Valarie, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!