Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

Justin Antoine Longview, TX

The company is nice and was quick to send someone to check out the problem; however after the person came out they did not contact my wife and myself to let us know that there would be a 500+ fee for the company to come out and fix the issue. Also American Home Shield customer service is not in the US it is in India it would seem and seems a little off to be american home shield and no american customer service reps. All in all was a pretty good expierence and my problem got taken care of efficiently

Mike Armstrong Pearland, TX

AHS has been great to me and my family when it comes to the services needed to maintain the instruments needed to keep my home operation and safe. We truly appreciate what you all stand for and how impeccable the timing has been.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mike, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jul. 16th, 2021

Marie Hafen Saint George, UT

So far, I no complaints. Great Customer Service: My questions are always answered; The approved Technicians are respectful and very knowledgeable and the replacements appear to be good quality (except for not having a white dishwasher, so I had to chose stainless - I still wish it was white.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marie, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jul. 16th, 2021

Jessica Baird Waco, TX

The online service request process is very easy but I did not like that I had multiple issues with the same type of service provider needed but it would not allow me to request service for multiple issues without filling out a new request. And the provider could not address the issue without a new service request. It seems like a waste of time, money, and resources.

B Donohue Ojai, CA

They always seem to find a way not to cover items. Plumbing repair: they send out inexperienced plumbers/contractors who on many occasions incorrectly misdiagnosed a problem, said it was not covered, I had to personally fix the problem at my own expense. It was a simple fix which only required a change of cartridge. It took time and youtube videos to figure it out. Be aware of the lazy high water pressure diagnosis by their subcontractors. I have 2 houses and they used it on both. Of course AHS will not cover, however the subcontractor will offer to fix at a cost between $250.00 to $800.00 depending on the company. The customer service is poor. Typically, I spoke to someone and there was a language barrier. They don't record prior problems well, so every time you have to rehash the problem. On a positive note, I have had great experience with their appliance subcontractors and that is why I have kept the policy.

Peggy Hemet, CA

Fast and wonderful service providers. We left our other home warranty because of poor service and their service providers were horrible. We had our first service request with AHS in over a year and what a difference. So glad we made the change and will highly recommend them to others.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good afternoon Peggy, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Jul. 7th, 2021

Alissa Phoenix, AZ

I am happy with their plans and have been with the company for ten years, I have noticed that and maybe its my plan but have paid a high amount out of picket for modifications. I am not sure if they have changed full coverage or the people the contract with have additional outside fees even with warranty. Overall I have been satisfied with the coverage and their customer service is amazing

Christa Saint Clair Shores, MI

Every experience I've had has been good but most recent. When I had a large expensive air conditioning break down, AHS could have tried not to fix it but it was not problem. AHS & tech walked through every step and it was seemless. Great warranty!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Christa, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jul. 9th, 2021

Ruth sabella Charlotte, NC

Easy to use, only have had one problem in the many years we have used them. Website wasn't working correctly, thought i had made an appointment for my washing machine and no one showed. Now i just call an speak to a human.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ruth, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jul. 7th, 2021

Theresa Bush Tyler, TX

We bought a 20 year old home last year. With that has been problem after problem with plumbing, electrical issues and of course old I am so glad that we decided to get American Home Shield. They have assisted us in many ways that could have been a lot of out of pocket expense for us otherwise. AHS stands behind their promise to be there when needed. I will always have AHS coverage and recommend it to everyone I know.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you, Theresa. We really appreciate the positive review. We are so excited you are finding the value in your home warranty and we look forward to taking of your repairs needs again. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Jun. 29th, 2021

Larry Wyatt Nashville, TN

Their coverage in writing; is a very decent policy. And we have had two issues. And they will make it right in the end. But in some cases the response time that it takes to set up repair appointments, clearing the approval for said repairs through American home shield, and then making the necessary rescheduled repairs can be a bit more slow than you can afford to be down on the particular appliance. A home air conditioned system is one said such appliance. Their needs to be a faster way to streamline the process of repair or replace. All else being said; they have been very decent people to work with.

Dustin Spencer Peoria, IL

Well, we have had good luck with them fixing things. My problem was this time when we signed up the person didn't go over the coverages well. First never told me about the electronics coverage. I saw that on an advertisement. Called to add it, complete hassle to add it. Second, never told me about using their people for general maintenance on our HVAC and I get one free inspection tune up a year. Called the person that was listed on the furnace of our new home. Didn't do it right and had to pay AHS people for a service call and do what the person i called to do. I know AHS contractor fixed the issue but it was covered and i would have used them anyway if I knew. Selling 101 educate your customers and your people providing the services.

Kathryn Dawley Cantonment, FL

They've been great to work with over the many years we've had them. They've been out to fix things from the in ground pool pump to replacing glass 5 burner stove top and a top of the line refrigerator. As a former Realtor I had many customers who used American Home Shield. I never received anything but thanks for suggesting that they consider a home warranty with their purchase or sale. It's an investment in their future. Just like any insurance. There when you need it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathryn, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the pool pump, stove, and refrigerator repairs. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 stars, as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon.

Jul. 2nd, 2021

Kenneth Dunn North Las Vegas, NV

My garage door started acting strange. I called AHS and they immediately set me up with a specialist that called me in less than an hour. They came the next day and took care of the problem. Without AHS I probably would have wasted a lot of time and money trying to get my issue resolved. I have been a customer with them for about 6 years now. I'm glad I signed up for AHS Coverage.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kenneth, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the garage door repairs. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 stars, as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon.

Jul. 2nd, 2021

Brooke Kemp Arlington, TX

The service companies provided are not always highly qualified. I dealt with a ridiculous AC repair company multiple times that was sent by AHS. Finally I chose to pay extra out of pocket to have a brand new unit installed. Fast forward two years and it stopped working. I'm happy to see AHS is using a new company (they were great) but frustrated that the other company had to go out of business for a new one to be chosen. The previous company had horror story review after review. They completely screwed the install on my new unit- that's what led to the latest repairs being needed. I'm thankful that the new company was able to correct the mistakes and hope it hasn't caused any long term damage. My hope is that AHS finds affordable, but excellent quality repair companies to work with moving forward.

Sharon Ann Solverson Murrieta, CA

I was referred to one pool company that said they no longer work with AHS then I I was referred to upland Pool Supply to help us repair our pool filter. I was waiting for the repairman to show up and left my side gate unlocked. He came in took a couple of pictures of the filter and never communicated with me. I did not hear anything for over a week and I connected them. It took almost 2 weeks for them to get a new lid and gauge for our filter. In the mean time I rented a portable pool pump with filter so our pool would not turn green. The repair went well and the repairman, Christian , also cleaned our pool. He mentioned he had a side business where he cleaned pools. So far impressed by him I hired him and gave him a check covering a month's service for our pool. He showed up about a week later and cleaned out pool and showed up one more time after I called to see if he was coming. He came and left saying he was going to pick some pool supplies to clean our pool. That was it we never heard from him again.

Pamela Ewing Louisville, KY

AHS is awesome but their contractors not so much. Have had great experiences but having one now that's troublesome. Put in for service on my AC on 6-13-21, Fast Response set appt for the 16th, when they came out unit was frozen so after staying around 10 mins, said they would be back when thawed. Have talked to both Fast Response and AHS, next scheduled day is now 6-23-21. I feel that is horrible service. Should have been on the service schedule for the next day. It is now in the 90's and i have fans trying to keep cool. Thankful I am a patient person. Again satified with AHS just not with Fast Response some. put in for service on my AC

Kathleen Griffin Gilbert, AZ

My experience with American Home Shield has been excellent. Yes, one summer my air conditioning went out, and although the first company to diagnose and replace the unit did not provide the correct unit. Suffice it to say, it was a long summer, and AHS stood behind its warranty and my unit was replaced. With all other calls, I have found the contractors to be knowledgeable, professional and solve the issues. I would not be without AHS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathleen, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Jun. 23rd, 2021

robert kaelin Lehi, UT

I submitted a work request on my air conditioner on line and I received a confirmation within 10 minutes. I was told a service representative would contact me within 24 hours. I received a call from the technician in 10 minutes saying he was in the area and would be there in 10 minutes. He arrived on time and diagnosed the problem replaced the part and was done in 30 minutes. excellent service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Robert, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Jun. 23rd, 2021

Courtney Las Vegas, NV

American Home Shield has covered parts for my water heater and air conditioning unit. Every time I got service appointments within a day of making my claim. The claim process is easy, their rates are reasonable and their staff is professional. Overall I would recommend AHS in every way. They bring a sense of security for when things go wrong and they cover so many things.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Courtney, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Jun. 15th, 2021

Al Groman Virginia Beach, VA

The sub contractors are truly professional, even when dispatched to a product they are not authorized to repair. My recent experience with my Florida water to air heat pump is a classic example.The technician advised me upon arrival that he was heating and cooling trained, but never worked on a geo thermal unit. Fortunately the unit was intermittent and has worked fine for the past week. I have used this companyy for major appliance repairs in the past and both times the diagnostics and repairs were flawless.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Al. We truly appreciate you taking time to tell us about your AHS experience. We want you to know you can count on us to take care of your repairs needs. Please continue to let us know how we are doing.

Jun. 16th, 2021

Jerry YoungBey Clinton, MD

American Home Shield is the best way to go when owning a home. They get the job done in a reasonable time fram, and it is all professionally taken care of. You pay very little for any and every brake down Home Shield covers. I am happy to have this coverage, because I could had never been able to pay for all of the brake downs for pluming, electrical ,oven and microwave repairs and brand new rellacements.a

Reply from American Home Shield

Jerry, thank you so much for such a positive review. We are so excited you are finding the value in your warranty coverage. We look forward to working with you for your future repair needs as well. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Jun. 16th, 2021

Georgianna DeMory Wheaton, IL

One situation and the response was quickly, the professional person they sent was exactly what I was looking for. He address and corrected my problem. The first time I called was an issue of removing one old washer and connecting a new one. That was in January and I wish I would have gotten the same person to schedule, but he said they could not schedule it. There was no explanation for it except no. As a result I had to hire a dishonest plumber who cheated me on price and stated he did more than he did. I disputed his work with the credit card company, he lost and now is threatening me that he is turning me over to collections when he paid half of his cheating request. I only would like to know why I got a refusal from American Shield, and I am not through with the other man’s threats. This could have ended differently.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Georgianna, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

May. 22nd, 2021

Stephanie Enfield Plano, TX

I'm an furious with the service I've received since switching. I called about an issue and was ignored by first technician about what the issue was and it got pushed off to a plumber. He did what he could but as I stated when initially made a request for service the actual air conditioning unit was leaking. That was not addressed. Here I am weeks later and the unit is still leaking. My one year old floors have been exposed to water for weeks and will probably mold and buckle.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Stephanie. Thank you for reaching back out to let us know that the issue with your air coniditoning leaking water still has not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you and assist witha resolution to this matter.

Shelia Steart Raleigh, NC

They never return your call when they say they will call you back. When you complain about a contract they do nothing about it. When responding to how did their service contractor do they do nothing about it nor do they even both to contact you. Very poor service from service contractor.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Shelia. I am sorry to hear that you have not been pleased with your service experiences. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with to assist with a resolution.

Kimberly E Harris Upland, CA

My AC wasn't working right. The first technician couldn't come right away so I called back and they found me someone who could.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kimberly, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Jason miller Copperopolis, CA

I Had a AC /heater circulation problem that needed repairing. American home shield sent 2 different companies to diagnose the problem. Neither company could diagnose the problem correctly. One company thought they could change the duct work as a parch fix. AHS classified that as a structural change and my heater never got fixed. And american home shid charged me 2 ti.es for a job that was never done.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jason. Thank you for taking time to let us know about the experience with your HVAC service request. I am sorry to hear the issue was not addressed to your satisfaction. I would be happy to speak with you to address this issue further.

Pamela McDonald Oakhurst, CA

Long wait times on phone, poor communication. Some providers are unprofessional, and unscrupulous in their business practices. I do like the fact now that one service fee would cover work on more than one appliance

Don Wester Gilbert, AZ

Excellent results!! Company responded immediately, problem identified and solved in timely manner and technician was fantastic!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Don, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Joanne E Polito Baton Rouge, LA

My washer was not able to be repaired. A new one was delivered within the week. It was quick and easy with no problems. I was amazed

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Joanne, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Loann Sullivan Cocoa Beach, FL

AHS is great! Very easy to file a service request, contractors assigned almost immediately, no painful wait time on the phone.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Loann, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

Mark St. Clair Shawnee Mission, KS

They are easy to deal with. Customer focused. They react quickly and have been very satisfied with the repair vendors they use.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mark, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Bobette Lowe Dry Prong, LA

Great, quick, and affordable I have been so thankful that we choose to get this they are always there and very quick to respond

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bobette, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Monica Palmer, AK

Friendly, knowledgeable service. He had good experience in that field, and he was efficient. He also called ahead and arrived early.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Monica, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain an excellent standard of service to our customers.

James Ward McDonough, GA

They don't answer questions that you ask as far as the repairs go. It's like I'm paying y'all for service that I end up footing the hold bill. I even ask to terminate my contract and still was brushed off. So you tell me what you would do?

Reply from American Home Shield

Hello James. We do hate to hear that you have been disappointed in the service you received. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with you to assist with a resolution to these issues.

Roger Ingle Frisco, TX

Dont like the way AHS makes the service provider order parts through them instead of picking them up locally. It delays the repair for days if not weeks. It is ridiculous. I am waiting for parts for my dryer now.

Dori Turner Baton Rouge, LA

I have had great experiences with American Home SHield. Communication has been great. I have gotten my issues resolved in a very timely manner.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dori, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Vicki Prattville, AL

The monthly cost and the deductible have continued to increase. I'm about to decide it would be better and cheaper to put the monthly payment in savings instead of giving it to AHS, then paying for repairs myself. The problem is Ive paid AHS so much already that I'm not sure whether I should continue to pay to try to get my $ back down the road.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Vicki. Thank you for your feeback. We understand how important it is to see the value in the warranty coverage that you are paying for. I would be happy to speak with you further regarding your concerns.

Aug. 2nd, 2021

Rajesh Lorton, VA

I had Kitchen faucet issue. The technician came and he ordered new faucet thru Moen ( I am original owner of the house ) free of coast and then replaced it.

Marcela Gerber Dallas, TX

always helpful. worth the money. some companies they have contract with are not the most reliable. When you find one you like, stay with it!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marcela. Thank you for letting us know about your experiences. We are so happy that you are finding the value in your home warranty coverage. We can't wait to take care of next home warranty repair.

Kathy Cook Longboat Key, FL

I have had a very poor experience. I was almost a month without air conditioning in the middle of Florida summer. The response from the company was to have me pay to remove a condenser installed in 2006 in order to fix it as the out of pocket expenses would have exceeded $1800. This makes absolutely no sense. I would have gladly paid the crane fees to install a new condenser.

Tanya Cain Columbus, GA

I have a service contract open for repair to my AC unit and it was denied because stating modifications and construction is not covered under my contract. Now according to the contractor that was sent out they needed to order a part to the existing unit that needs replacing; for the damper. According to my contract dampers are covered. This is a $1600 repair that AHS will not pay. For 6 years like clockwork my monthly fee was collected but when I really need to use the warranty I paid into I was denied. I have to come out of pocket again to pay.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Tanya. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the coverage decision for you rair conditioning. I would be happy to investigate this issue and follow up with you.

Sandra Conn Beaumont, TX

Most service request are resolved in timely manners. Service personnel are prompt, courteous and explain problem and resolution. There hasp

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sandra. We greatly appreciate your time to provide a review of your experience. It's very good to hear that the resolution to your repair was explained and that you had a good experiece withe service contractor. We look forward to taking care of your next repair need as well.

Emory Hill Laurel, MD

This has been the worst experience of my life ...I have been trying to get my HVAC system repaired for over a month in a half ...I was told this was a reputable company , but the service I have received is far below zero standard ...not to mention I am still waiting to get the repairs done ...initial call was made on June 8th...if there was a way to cancel the warranty I would at this point .

Treva Bibbs-Bugg Lithonia, GA

They have always sent qualified professionals to my home. I have never had to schedule a second visit for the same problem.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Treva. We are delighted to hear about your great experience. We understand how important it is to our members to receive service they can count on. We are so happy that you chose AHS as your home warranty company.

Michelle Cammarata Saint Louis, MO

It was easy to set up online. Receive confirmation right away with the name of the company that was coming out to look at our appliance.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Michelle. Thank you for letting us know how easy it was to request service on line and get the information you needed for your service request. We look forward to being your home warranty company for many years to come. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Dave Rich Sterling Heights, MI

Ridiculously bad service. The trim around my sink cabinets is ruined and I haven't been able to use the dishwasher because your agents "didn't feel like letting the supplier know that it was an emergency" to come back and re-fix the dishwasher.

NIKKIA JILES Tyler, TX

American Home Shield offerd me timely and supportive customer service. When anything brakes or malfunctions they are on speed dial and there with a quick fix. I

Katrina L Mendenhall Newport News, VA

I contact them about my ac being broke they sent someone out on Saturday and I need a part to fix it but the company nor American Home Shield have followed up. I have to keep calling them but everyone is blaming each other and the problem has yet to be resolved. It's hot and I have children and I'm still waiting to get the issue resolved.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Katrina. I am very sorry to hear that the issue with your air conditioning has not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you and assist with a resolution.

Sally Singleton Plano, TX

The worst customer service I’ve ever experienced Icaed over 10 times, wait time long, then someone would answer and I couldn’t understand one word they said. I was told Every time a supervisor would call me back with in 2 days, I’ve yet to talk with someone my ice maker went out and they wouldn’t repair it. Now my air conditioner coils need to be replaced, They will pay $600 but I have to pay !1800.0its a rip off