Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

Ann Gutierrez San Antonio, TX

Great quick service and coverage. They are very professional and I feel I really get value for my dollar

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ann, Thank you for your feedback and we hope you continue to enjoy American Home Shield and the customer service we provide!

Barbara Alfred Cedar Park, TX

The company - A US Air was sent to my home to do my AC work. Very unprofessional and I think they actually broke my compressor. The AHS rep that I spoke with didn’t really seem to care about their sub-par work of the fact that they left exposed wires and a hole in my sheet rock!

Sue Docherty Piscataway, NJ

Was with AHS for years and then switched to a less expensive company. Disastrous--ending up costing me $6,000.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sue, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Mary Garner Flower Mound, TX

We have used them for over 20 years. It makes it easier to have one company to call to get help then have to find one.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mary, Your patronage of 20 years is more than appreciated. We hope you continue to enjoy!

Brenda Easterling Modesto, CA

The work was sufficient but I feel for the amount of money I pay monthly, then to be charged another $125+ to clean a screen that took less than 10 minutes to fix and didn't check anything about the clanging noise the machine making.

Lucia Patino Ceres, CA

The response was quickly and no hassles. It's worth having an insurance company that will back you up when needed.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lucia, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Kathy Kasparek Marble Falls, TX

They respond quickly and efficiently by getting service technician to the home within a couple of days.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathy, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Francois Burman Durham, NC

Easy to deal with requests for help and responsive when it comes to call-outs. No issues with payments either.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Francois, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Marion Brady-Hamilton Las Vegas, NV

AHS has been great! Anytime that there was a problem, they were out to fix it within the next day or two.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Marion, We will continue to provide you with great customer service and a piece of mind to your home repairs.

Anthony Boots Concord, CA

Since I have been with your company for a little over 2 years, I have had no problems. It has been great.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Anthony, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your AHS patronage and hope you continue to enjoy!

Satisfied customer HP3 Clinton, MD

I was satisfied with the service I received everyone was professional so I would recommend to a friend.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Heather Venassa Garcia Meadville, PA

The company has friendly coustmer service... They treat their costumers great & do great installation on their services they provide...

Jason Wyles Wenatchee, WA

We have American Home Shield coverage on both our properties. Don't own without it! Highly recommend!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jason, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

May. 5th, 2021

Annette Johnson Burlington, KY

Because they do what they say they will do. If they can't fix it they will replace it with no questions asked.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Annette, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Sharon M. Honolulu, HI

With one exception, poor quality contractors. They did not cover the cost of installing a new pressure reduction valve, which resolve running and loud toilets, because the PRV is located outside the house. They also renewed my contract without my consent. This was fraudulent because I never agreed to an auto renew option.

N Emamjomeh Altadena, CA

I had an issue. The issue was not resolved. I reached out to them. They promised to look into the problem and get back to me. 10 days later, no contact and I still have the issue lingering.

Stella Montoya Montclair, CA

American Home Shield has provided opportunites to have my appliances serviced to prolong their life.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Stella, We will continue to provide you with great customer service and a piece of mind to your home repairs.

May. 5th, 2021

Elizabeth Vogel San Diego, CA

Poor response time, partial fixes. I have waited one month to get a water heater fixed, no response from Veritable Plumbing. Called also to have a clothes washer fixed as it was making noise and dripping. The tech said he could fix the leak but not the issue with the noise. He said machine was not right but working. Call back when it stops working. The rekey was fine, just had to wait several days.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Elizabeth, Thank you for bringing the leak issues to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you about your plumbing repairs.

Apr. 26th, 2021

B Katy, TX

I get quality service from contractors and I've only paid out of pocket once to have my AC coil replaced. Except for the ordinary service fee, that's it!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi B, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Apr. 24th, 2021

Victoria Port Saint Lucie, FL

Our air conditioning started making a loud noise and a Technician was sent out promptly and the issue was fixed! We paid our 100$ fee and saved money on the repair

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Victoria, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Apr. 24th, 2021

Lisa Beaumont, TX

After making a request it still takes 1-2 days for the contractor to call you for the appointment. Plus, they removed the drop down menu on the website that listed contractors that you could select from.

Brent Orange Park, FL

I submitted a repair request on my oven ay my rental property. First technician couldn't diagnose. Second technician was rude to property management staff using profanity so he was cancelled. Took AHS 13 days to schedule the third despite me getting on a live chat and phoning them wasting three hours of my time on hold. He didn't show for his scheduled slot and said he couldn't get there until 8:30PM so the tenants cancelled the appointment. I had to replace the unit because it had been three weeks and I was in violation of the state landlord tenant law and needed a quick solution. AHS refused to reimburse me for at least the repair estimate because I didn't obtain prior approval for a third party technician despite them violating the contract for timely scheduling.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brent, I hate to hear about your most recent AHS experience to have the oven repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a possible resolution.

Apr. 28th, 2021

Nicola Thomas Sicklerville, NJ

I've been a customer for a very long time. They canceled my account by mistake. APLOGISED AND CHAEGED ME MORE TO REOOEN IT . I GAVE 3 PROPERTIED ANS NO DISCOUNT. The wait time has gotten a bit better. Use to be on hold for almost 2 hrs at times

Ronald Monk Boyer Las Vegas, NV

No more customer service. Always talking to a virtual asst in the Phillipines. I have 9 warranties on the homes I own and your vendors that you hire are thiefs. 90% of the time the $75 sc. is not enough. Always want more money and give ridiculous estimates to repair. I'm also a realtor with ERA Brokers Consolidated in Las Vegas and have been selling warranties for AHS to my clients for over 25 yrs. AHS is now under umbrella of Frontdoor. All warranty Companys suck in my Unprofessional opinion!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ronald, Thank you for bringing the customer service issues to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you in regards to the warranty and repair estimates.

Apr. 28th, 2021

Filip Marek Borger, TX

Very fast service when we needed them, when we had problems with our water heater they responded quickly and had a company out within 2 days to fix it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Filip, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Apr. 22nd, 2021

Chris Crossland Muskogee, OK

AHS has always provided skilled technicians in whatever trade was needed to resolve my problems. I have never had a complaint concerning the way AHS handled my claims.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good afternoon Chris, We appreciate your feedback and will continue to provide you with skilled technicians to complete your home repairs.

Apr. 22nd, 2021

Matty Quincy, FL

Had a situation where they didn’t contact the contractor about my smoke detectors and it had been well over 30 days because they didn’t have any on the truck at the time but they never came back and I wasn’t able to get any of my money back from them coming to my house.

John Olesen Spring, TX

The generally provide good service contractors, but skimp on replacement parts. They seem to supply "builder grade" replacements for an original higher end failed component. .

Emily Milwaukee, WI

More recently, AHS has been much better in terms of response time. I am always relieved I have the service available as surprise expenses would not fit into my budget. Generally, with one exception, the contractors hired to do the work are great and their appliance replacement options are decent quality.

Deborah Marinoni Tulsa, OK

We are not mechanically inclined. Having access to one call and done is exactly what I want. They arrange for reputable service for each project. Problem resolution in one step!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs. Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Take Care.

Dennis Overton Pinellas Park, FL

Pro appliance was assigned as my appliance repair for my dryer... Pro Appliance insists on virtual diagnostics. Hate that. They guess at the repair needed which took a couple days. Then they order a part which takes 8-10 days. They’re supposed to come out with the part tomorrow. I’m expecting their diagnosis to be wrong and they’ll need to order additional parts taking more days. Crappy way to diagnose and repair which puts the customers out of service way too long.

Reply from American Home Shield

I hate to hear you were not satisfied with your experience with us and I would like to connect with you regarding it.

Peter Wesner Aransas Pass, TX

They are the best! Very attentive to my phone calls and concerns. I receive repair man out here immediately and if it had to be repaired or replaced it was taken care of! I would highly recommend them to everyone!

Reply from American Home Shield

We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us and thanks for recommending us. Enjoy your day.

Apr. 9th, 2021

Erika Gomez McAllen, TX

They have great coverage and great customer service. Service calls can be scheduled online and contact information is provided to keep in contact with the local service company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed.

Natasha Dallas Westland, MI

My first experience was great from the initial phone call to get a quote. I also didn’t have any issues with my first service call and the gentleman that serviced my issues was very professional and polite.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Natasha, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Lisa Crofton Suffolk, VA

While they have responded to prior service requests with satisfaction, I recently requested the repair of my garage door opener. After paying a service fee for the repairman to come to the home in addition to the yearly contract fee, I was told they didn't cover the repair. I requested to speak with a supervisor twice, but never received a call back.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lisa, Thank you for sharing your feedback about your most recent AHS experience and the non covered repair. I would be glad to speak with you about your experience.

Apr. 20th, 2021

Cara Marcella San Antonio, TX

They were quick and efficient. He explained everything to me, no matter how simple it seemed. He even responded when I called back a little later that same day to double check something.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Cara, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Dana Hancock Lebanon, TN

When I first had the service, the website didn’t work to request service and I held for over 30 minutes online 2x and gave up. I’m not pleased with my current service request. The provider did not show 2 times in a row amd I waited almost 4 hours each time. I requested a different provider and was told I had to let them try again! I think that is crazy when I have wasted 8 hours editing for them.

George McDonough, GA

The question I had they answered with no problem at all I recommended them to my family and friends all the time they've saved me tons of dollars and I appreciate there services.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi George, Thank you for sharing your feedback with AHS about your most recent customer service experience.

Apr. 13th, 2021

Lynda Price Pleasant Grove, AL

Whenever I have had a issue with my home they are prompt in assigning someone to come out. Whenever the individuals come out they are professional and get the job done. I am happy with the services that I receive from them.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lynda, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Cynthia Brooks El Paso, TX

The technician was very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Asking if we had any questions that needed to be addressed before he left. Very happy with the service, fixed and working great! Thank you!

Reply from American Home Shield

I am happy that you were happy with your experience. Although we hope there are no issues with anything in the home in the future, we are here to service you anytime you need us. Thanks for continuing your business with us. Take care!

Harriette Brinson Jacksonville, FL

AHS always do their best to satisfy their customer with good companies. I had a very bad experience with Total Air Care and AHS started sending a very reliable Service company to repair my unit.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. Our goal is to pair you with the best contractor that will provide a quick and final resolution. We look forward to our continued business together. Have a good day.

Vicki McCarthy Fort Worth, TX

We have had American Home Shield for almost two decades now. AHS has always been there for us if we needed an appliance or maintenance on an electrical, Hvac or plumbing problem.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for your loyalty. It's been our pleasure assisting you and we look forward to our continued business together.

Mr. B Fayetteville, AR

I was originally skeptical of AHS, but I have used my policy twice; once on a plumbing problem and once for an appliance replacement. I am glad to report that both issues were handled satisfactorily.

PG Jackson, NJ

As a first time client with AHS, there is nothing worthy to rave about on my experience on work service. I'm already looking into other warranty companies that can fill in that gap. AHS needs to focus on their contractors within in-network. AHS tend to hire ANY CONTRACTORS within their companies budget - which leads to unsatisfactory customers feedback. AHS should read their contractors reviews and work status on how well they solve issues. You're one of the lucky ones if you get a real professional show up at your door to do the job and get the job done efficiently without the runarounds. I'm currently still under authorization for my water heater to be evaluated (took 3 different contractors to come to the house for comparisons just to take a picture). Next week would be a month with this mess and nothing has been resolved. Service request payment gone to waste.

Dennis Klinge Des Moines, IA

Very prompt polite and professional. Service and repairs were conducted in a very timely manner. They were experienced and professional, explained all steps of the repair process very thoroughly.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for your feedback. We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service. And we are always here if you need us.

John Great Falls, MT

Amazing and easy to work with. My heat quit in -40° F weather. They helped me get same day service and the company they contracted with amazed me with the service they provided

Reply from American Home Shield

We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need us in the future. Enjoy your day.

Graden & Barbara Okes Henrico, NC

Always supportive. Even when appliance is declared "no longer fixable". AHS helps you thru the alternatives. Have not been disappointed in all the years we have been with them -about 20 years now..

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for your loyalty!!

Apr. 5th, 2021

Kari Gregory, MI

It took over six weeks to get our fridge replaced. We called everyday and got no where. Finally after the second visit from the repairman he finally called them while he was at our home to let him no that the part for our fridge was unavailable. But they new this after two weeks after the first visit. After the last visit from the contractor AHS did finally approve a replacement and we recieved a check for our fridge to be replaced but we had to go purchase a new fridge and send them proof of the new fridge. That part of the warranty was awful because if you don’t have three thousand dollars to purchase a new fridge then your screwed. Fortunately we had the money to do this. Once we sent them the receipt that we purchased a new fridge they finally sent us our check for the replacement but that took another two weeks. I do hope in the future if we ever need help from AHS that we don’t go through the nightmare that we went through with this one.

J. Burgess Suffolk, VA

Customer service needs a lot of improvement. They don't call you. My experience shows that I have to do all the follow-up calling. No one reaches out to keep you abreast as to developments with your service call. When I call, the customer service rep wants to apologize. Well, apologizing isn't good customer service. Being proactive with effective communication is far better than a weak apology that doesn't change or improve the problematic situation. No discounts are offered, but delays mount. I've been dealing with getting the same problem resolved for over four months.

Mar. 29th, 2021

Aziz K Lawrenceville, GA

They do what the promise to do, I do not have to worry about anything! I have used them 2x this past year, and the communication, turnaround time, and quality of work has been amazing!

Mar. 29th, 2021