Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.5

Anonymous Lawton, OK

When you speak to someone in the US it's a great experience; unfortunately most interactions are with foreign phone banks who are not helpful and so polite while telling you they can't help--that's infuriating.

Gary T Waddell, AZ

As long as you don't have to speak to anyone at AHS directly they are good. They have probably the worst customer service I have ever worked with. 1-2 hour hold times. Rude people. No way to get back to anyone so always start all over. We have had 3 claims total - luckily two were completely online for AHS part. The one that wasn't took 2 months because working with AHS directly is a total nightmare. The contractors are good. It is 100% total breakdown if you need to speak to a human at AHS. They have ZERO customer support.

Glennette Clark Washington, DC

The first service request went smoothly and the contractor was great. The second request was horrible. It took over a week to get service after the first contractor quit AHS.

Norma Ruelas San Antonio, TX

Most of the time they have helped me, but this last time, I requested a water softener service and the person who attended did not know that they no longer had that service.

Richard DeHaan Ocala, FL

When we call, they are prompt to send out repair request. Have had to use them three times and have been highly satisfied.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Richard, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Relaine Hartley / Liezl Cardenas Bryan, TX

Quick response and fixing the problem, they fixed my ice machine, it's working good now, very knowledgeable technician as well.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Relaine, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Guy J. Phelps Henderson, NV

When you have a claim you can not even talk to the adjuster, he only talks with the technician, after all I am the Customer, then if you want persue the issue, you have to file arbitration.

Christina Davison Abingdon, MD

I love the security of being covered but it took a while to get a refund for service not rendered. Took more than 2 weeks which in my opinion is too long.

Ken Hesperia, CA

I request service they send out experienced repair companies and repair resolve broken appliances and get them working in reasonable time frame.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ken, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

May. 7th, 2021

Ted San Angelo, TX

I have never had a problem getting anything repaired through AHS. Their reps have always been prompt, courteous and knowledgeable.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ted, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

May. 4th, 2021

Lance Davis, IL

They generally do a good job, but sometimes it's hard to get a hold of a real human when the problem falls outside of the realm of the computer generated person.

B. Hopkins Sun City, AZ

They were prompt and responsive to my service request and assigned a professional company that was efficient and came in a timely manner.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi B. Hopkins, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

May. 4th, 2021

Sandra Woods Joshua, TX

They have always been there for me they take time and answer all my questions and they are very pleasant and professional

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Sandra, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Holly Oconnor Chagrin Falls, OH

At times it has become difficult to get though to someone and difficult to communicate. The process of replacing a broken item is not always convenient. Often a long wait time to repair an item or they offer to give a lesser amount than the value of the applicable to replace. The overall service may be worthy the hassle but we are often tempted to cancel.

Cheryl Chance Houston, TX

The serviceman deliver the promised service in a consistent and accurate manner. Assurance - the knowledge level and politeness of the employees and to what extend they create trust and confidence.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Cheryl, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Dawn Kapolei, HI

They are on top of things. As soon as I call for a repair they let me know right away who will be contacting me. With in hours a repair person calls and sets up an appointment. It’s great!!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Dawn, We really appreciate you taking the time to share your rating with us. We look forward to servicing you again soon.

Rojean Landwehr Verdigris, OK

Easy to contact, easy to submit payment arrangements, always have professional and capable service companies and people at the time we have needs depending on the urgency of our problems!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Rojean, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Lori A Pedrini Myrtle Beach, SC

The Best Service and Value. Have used other Company due to home purchase and were very unsatisfied!! Have always used AHS in the past and as soon as our contract was over with the other Company we went back to AHS.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Lori, Your feedback is appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy a great customer service experience!

Marianne Scott Barto, PA

American Home Shield has changed many of the allowable fixes to not allowable over the years. They charge $125.00 for the service call which is higher than most service companies. They will order a part that can take weeks on a 35 year old appliance rather than replace (whats the chances this appliance is going to have another problem). And if it does there goes another $125.00. And it takes forever to get someone on the phone. They say COVID; I say an excuse to take much needed people off the payroll.

Kelly Pack Savannah, GA

So far we are 1 for 5 in repairs being done correctly. They had to send two different companies to repair our dishwasher, which turns out was only because the first company didn't bother to run the reset code on the dishwasher so the heating element would come back on. The fridge repair people have just been ridiculous. First it took 3 weeks for 1 part to come in, then they couldn't figure out why after the part was replaced that the water and ice machine were still not working so they had to send a "senior" technician out, who determined the line was frozen, so now the water dispenser works but the ice maker still does not! He didn't even bother to check to see if the ice maker was working before he left. Now I have to put in ANOTHER service request (they have already been out 4 times, this will be the 5th). Overall, clearly service has been pretty terrible.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kelly, Thank you for bringing your most recent AHS experience to our attention. I would be glad to speak with you to reach a resolution for the refrigerator.

Apr. 30th, 2021

Alison C. Morgan Hill, CA

The technicians were knowledgeable, personable, and timely. They were both very thorough, and took care to wear masks and shoe coverings to protect our floors. I would highly recommend these technicians and AHS to anyone looking for a reliable service that protects their home appliances.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Alison, We are pleased to hear about the knowledgeable technicians that have provided you with an excellent experience. We hope you continue to enjoy!

Apr. 8th, 2021

Natasha Bowland Raleigh, NC

The price and service are amazing. The website is super easy to use. It’s easy to track the process once you’ve requested a service. I’ve also had my issue taken care of. I would highly recommended and will continue to use American Home Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing you experience and thanks for recommending us.

Apr. 9th, 2021

Ray F. Charlotte, NC

When you need them for a repair it's really easy and the service tends to be quick and reliable. The last time I needed a repair the service provider through AHS was at my house and made the repair within 24 hours. I guess my only complaint is the cost of the coverage per month and the service charge per repair. Don't we always wish things were less expensive. But overall AHS is and has been a good home warranty company to deal with and to utilize.

Reply from American Home Shield

Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs. Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Take Care.

Apr. 13th, 2021

Candice Montclair, CA

It’s easy to get through when calling customer service. They’re always polite and willing to help and work with customers. It’s easy to book an appointment. The technicians that came to the house are all professional and courteous

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Candice, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Apr. 8th, 2021

A Murphy Jonesboro, GA

Had AHS 18 years ago and was very satisfied for several years and was very satisfied. After a few years it began to send out questionable technicians from iffy companies. While the customer service people were always helpful and polite, they could only do what AHS allowed them to do. AHS was fine for small fixes but replacing major parts or whole systems, like HVAC the parts had to be ordered through AHS and took a long time. Also, the cheapest parts were used, even when replacing a more expensive version. Left AHS for a few years, recently came back and have been pleased so far, but I've only had small jobs done. However, no longer able to request certain companies known to be trustworthy on their list, have to take who they assign and hope for the best.

Priscilla Eck Gordonsville, VA

I was very pleased with the whole experience with my dishwasher repair. It was completed in a timely fashion. The repair people were professional and courteous. My dishwasher is operating better than when it was brand new!! I always thought there was something not quite right with it from the beginning. Great service and totally satisfied!!

Reply from American Home Shield

We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need us in the future. Enjoy your day.

Abby T Grimes, IA

The ability to request and track service online is so helpful. They also always have someone call within 24 hours. We’ve had issues with companies not fixing the issue at hand and their customer service is amazing! They will send a new company to make sure things are set and free of charge! The customer focus is clear.

Sherry Sewell Salado, TX

They are Very professional and timely. Identified the problem and repaired it immediately. Explained what the problem was and what kind of pipe they put in to replace the old pipes. The next phase was to replace Sheetrock which was done quickly and professionally.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for letting us know everything worked out great for you. Taking care of our members is the main goal here at AHS. I am glad that you were happy with the work done. We look forward to servicing you in the future as needed. Enjoy your day.

Patricia Napier North Las Vegas, NV

Staff always professional and kind. From calling American Home Shield to the wonderful contractors they send out to the follow up to assure we are happy! They really go above and beyond and for that we are grateful. Thank you American Jome Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Our goal is to pair you with the best contractor that will provide a quick and final resolution. Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us regarding your service request. We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. We look forward to our continued business together. Have a good day.

Suzanne Halliburton Austin, TX

American Homeshield is dependable. That kind of detail may not be sexy, but it's what you want in a warranty company. The contractors respond quickly. I've never had to wait more than a couple of days for service. I also like being able to set up everything online.

Apr. 2nd, 2021

Vanessa Capitol Heights, MD

My overall with AHS over the past 25 years has been satisfactory with the exception of 2 times when AHS did not investigate a vendor that claimed to do work that they did not do, I ended up having to pay the service fees for 2 visits which did not occur.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for your loyalty. Taking care of our members is the main goal here at AHS. We are working diligently to improve the overall member experience and we look forward to our continued business together. Have a great day.

Tammy Bland Norfolk, VA

The timeliness of service was prompt. The customer service staff was very professional and efficient with setting up my order. The quality of service and efficiency of the installation was very satisfactory. Every part of my service was thoroughly handled and to my liking. Job well done. I would recommend them to others.

Reply from American Home Shield

We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us and thanks for recommending us. Enjoy your day.

Mar. 26th, 2021

C. B. Marushi Hampton, VA

AHS has given me outstanding service. They handle your repair request within minutes. They give you the name and telephone number of the company and they also have the company give you a call to set up a time to do the repair. I highly recommend them and their cost per month for their services very inexpensive.

Mar. 26th, 2021

Hope Wilkins Gainesville, GA

Only thing is I wish it was either a same day or next day service. I had to wait line 3 days with no washer and we wash. Also I had to wait around the house all day Saturday because I didn’t know exactly when they would come. The gave an estimated time, that was from 1-4. But I couldn’t make any plans due to having to wait around on a Sat. Rather than that the service was fine.

Mar. 29th, 2021

Nakisha Jackson, GA

I submitted my issue online. I paid the fee. A email was sent of the company who was going to take care of this issue. The company came out to look at the issue. They ordered the part. Came back and replaced the part. This all happened in 2 weeks. No problem or issue

Mar. 29th, 2021

May Smithtown, NY

American Home shield offers prompt services. The customer service representative are always helpful and professional. I have called three times for repairs and one of the repairs was my heater. That day we were expecting a snow storm. AHS send someone over my house within 2 hrs on a weekend to fix the heater. Thank you AHS!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi May, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Mar. 27th, 2021

Ruben Montgomery Village, MD

American home shield replaced my water heater and fixed my kitchen faucet. Technicians are expert in their jobs. You can call them in the middle of the night if you have emergency situations like leaking pipes. Yes, they also fixed my leaking pipe. They are awesome with their services.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ruben, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences to have the leaking pipes repaired by us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Mar. 30th, 2021

Amy Young Yukon, OK

I am frustrated that each person I talked to on the phone was very difficult to understand. It was apparent that I was talking to call centers that were not in America. Some call center employees were unable to answer questions because they couldn't understand the question. When giving the email address for the cash out option, the call center employee's English was so understandable that the wrong email was given. I had to make contact through Facebook to get the correct email address. For a company named American Homeshield, I would expect to talk to someone with adequate English skills.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your honesty.

Rachel Forman Santa Ana, CA

I had bad experience w/customer service last fall. We needed our refrigerator fixed and dealing with the outside of of the United States customer service was very poor. First 1 rep I had trouble understanding their English and the rep refused to transfer me to another rep or even a supervisor. When I told them the 2nd opinion company could not come out for about 5 weeks (this was for a refrigerator repair) at first they did not want to give me another Company. They finally called the company who confirmed they couldn't come out in a timely manner and only then did they give me another referral. That company informed me the refrigerator could not be fixed andwrote on my paperwork I needed it replaced. When I didn't hear anything in about 10 days I again called customer service and the rep told me they didn't have anything. I had to argue with them to call the company and after they did I was told the confirmed what I said. I was told I would hear from someone soon. Again after about 10 days no one had called me so I called custoemr service again. Again I was told there was nothing in the record and again I told them to call the company because my paperwork said the refrigerator couldn't be fixed. I was put on hold and while they said they would try to reach the company. When the rep came back on the line she said the company couldn't be reached. When I asked about the time difference I told them the company was not open yet as it was 8:00am CA time and they opened at 9. I was very upset when they said I should call back. I explained that we were losing food a nd needed this repaired. The rep transferred me to the Escalation Dept and the rep Eddie told me tthey would take care of the matter and he would cal on his next working day 2 days later. Again about 10-14 days we heard nothing. Somehow I got the number for the replacement Dept which is here in the States. That rep representative told me Eddie had indeed mad a note that he would follow up and he never did. I was also informed that the previous reps had put down that the "failure could not be duplicated" which actually meant there was not problem. She said she knew what questions to ask and would resolve ghe issue and start the replacement process. By the end of her work shift that day she called me back and informed me she had gotten the correct nfomraton and would start the replacement process the next day. Also when talking to the customer service reps in the Phillipines, it appeared that if I asked a question that was not covered in their "script" they could not answer it. It was very frustrating.

Reply from American Home Shield

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us regarding your AC request. We are happy that we were able to get the issue resolved for you. Your malfunction will always be our priority. We look forward to our continued business together. Take Care.

Jill Kramme Augusta, KS

One person sent for heater service was condescending when we asked questions-and was “done” in 15 mins. Person sent to fix heater 6 mos later didn’t fix the problem —just wanting to say it might be the masonry brick the house is built out of. When asked for someone else, they sent him again as a Sr Tech. He said the same thing and was very short with us. I had to insist and ask them to cancel my contract and refund the $100, then they agreed to a 2nd opinion. This guy diagnosed in 15 mins, ordered part, came back and fixed it. He was friendly and respectful the entire time. But I shouldn’t have to insist on a 2nd opinion when 4 visits by the other guy didn’t work.

Reply from American Home Shield

We apologize that you went through that experience but we are glad the issue has been resolved. Thanks for sharing.

Apr. 7th, 2021

Anita Squier Peyton, CO

I had to call to find out about my refrigerator repair..AHS did not intact me regarding the replacement. If I hadn’t Allen them, not sure when the process would have been accomplished. I dealt with some very nice people in the purchasing dept., and one person who was very rude and unhelpful. Turns out the email they were sending me had the wrong email address. If we hadn’t called back, and talked to a very helpful young man, who looked into the issue and his supervisor found the problem. The previous rep would not allow us to talk to a supervisor.

Mar. 18th, 2021

Ingrid Newport News, VA

Great service. I make a claim related to my furnace. The representative was courteous. I scheduled an appointment and the contractor kept me informed of when the technician was on his way. He was very knowledgeable, courteous, and used proper PPE during the service.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ingrid, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Mar. 23rd, 2021

Ronnie Rockinoldman63 Delaware Concord, CA

American Home Shield (AHS) has been amazing. We have only needed them one time, but they treated us very well. We needed to have our Stove replaced. They sent out a contractor who verified that the stove needed to be replaced. They order the stove the same day. Two days later they called and told us the stove would be delayed. They authorized us to purchase a countertop oven for up to $100.00 due to the delay. After the new stove arrived and had been installed they called to ensure the contractor had been on time and that we were satisfied. One week later they called again to make sure there were no problems with the stove or the install.

Reply from American Home Shield

I am happy that you were happy with your experience. Although we hope there are no issues with anything in the home in the future, we are here to service you anytime you need us. Thanks for continuing your business with us. Take care!

Apr. 16th, 2021

Cathy Cleveland, OH

Availability and always ready to provide service. Wide range of coverage options and levels of service. Replace or repair broken or defective items add work hard to get the repair done right the first time. Have been with AHS for years now and would recommend them to family, friends and anyone who wants to save money on repairs. AHS is a 10 STAR rated company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Cathy, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Mar. 17th, 2021

Derek Quinn Roanoke, TX

The technician sent by AHS was able to quickly diagnose the exact problem with the HVAC system as the blower motor. Because they did not have the part in stock, they could not commit how quickly they could complete the repair but they had the unit overnighted from the manufacturer and completed the repair the next day. Kudos to AHS for providing a much needed service-repair as quickly as possible and not make unnecessary repairs. Just received the renewal notice with AHS and this experience has made that decision to renew easy.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Derek, Your feedback regarding your recent experience to have the HVAC system repaired is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Mar. 17th, 2021

George and Flora Brehon Tampa, FL

Because they are very Best at what they do most of the time, sometimes the contractors they send to us need to be really checked out. We were tricked by once into making a purchase ourselves for over $5200 When we should have just said no, we will let AHS do the purchasing, but the contractors were fast talker and offered us a deal that only caused us heartaches, headaches etc. into buying a new Air condition/heater, our old one could not be repaired it was well over 12 years old. We spent $5200 that we should not have paid for. So we have to let AHS to investigate the contractors they send to us. Some of the vendors are out to rob the system. AHS is really a great company - Been with them over 20 years..

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi George, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Feb. 4th, 2021

Philip Murphy Tucson, AZ

Took care of everything filed a claim on Sunday afternoon. Our dryer was fixed an running again in 20 hours.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Philip, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

May. 6th, 2021

Paul Knoebel Bothell, WA

The only negative is I scheduled a furnace tune up twice and no contractor could be found, and I live in the Seattle area.

Dennis Bliven Arlington, TX

They have the wrong name on my contract and after 3 attempts they still have not corrected it. Each time I call they tell me someone will call or email me. No response yet.

Linda Martin Elizabethtown, KY

I’ve been with Home Shield for a few years and I really like them. They always fix what ever is broke in my home.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Linda, We will continue to provide you with great customer service and a piece of mind to your home repairs.