Best Company badge 10,000 Reviews American Home Shield Logo

American Home Shield

8.8

Laurie Easton Corona Del Mar, CA

I called and they arranged AG Appliance to cone and fix my dryer. it took 6 days before the serviceman could get over bu when he did arrive he was on time, polite and clean cut. He opened the dryer and was able to assess the need. He had the part in his truck. With the new belt the dryer works great. The serviceman cleaned up and left everything tidy and squared away. Very pleased.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Laurie, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Nov. 2nd, 2021

Thomas Early Columbus, OH

this is the second time we have had to use AHS. First time was for a plumbing issue and it was fixed perfectly. This time was our washing machine. They need to get a part in to fix it but the appliance repair guy was helpful, friendly and told us what it needed and helped me to be able to use it till the part comes in. I just have to use cold water till the part comes in.

Reply from American Home Shield

Good morning Thomas, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with fast and efficient repairs. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Nov. 2nd, 2021

Timothy Henderson Verdi, NV

I have been very pleased with the two appliance repairs that i received through AHS. In both instances the appliance repair people were top rate and got the appliances working like new. My only criticism of AHS is when i called to put in a claim for the repairs in both instances i had to speak with non-native English speakers that i could not understand. this was especially aggravating that last time because i had to all multiple times and never did get to speak with a AHS representative that i could easily understand. otherwise i am very pleased with AHS . Thank you. Tim

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Timothy. Thank you for letting us know that you were happy with the service for your appliances. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to understand the customer service agent. We will do our best to address this issue and provide you with a great service experience in the future.

Nov. 1st, 2021

ZZMARR LAFETT STONE Moreno Valley, CA

Probably no fault of home shield but the service person takes a week to show up to my house and then misdiagnose the issue I was having so when he finished his service I was left with still having a leak to solve. But the service man did tell me that our washing machine was not leaking he pointed out the problem to be the drain. So I routed and serviced the drainage. Next time we used the washer and dryer there was yet still a leak. I ofcourse called home shield again and upon my complaint they refunded the service call and rescheduled another service, days went by and by, and sense we could clearly see it was the dryer that was leaking my wife called the gas company they showed up within an hour he checked the entire house for gas leaks and then fixed the water leak on the dryer. A hose was loose he simply tightened it with a screwdriver and the leak was no more. So the next day when the water was dried up and there was no leak my wife called home shield back again and canceled the service call that we were still waiting for. But story continues because yesterday the bill receipt arrived and shows the one service call refunded and then it shows two more service calls added surely this is something else that I will have to contend with as I sort out the two extra service calls but no one showed up a second, or a third time. Or maybe you could solve this one, I appreciate your response.

Karen Carpenter Sacramento, CA

I had a refrigerator that was not cold and the food was going bad. They told me they would contact someone to schedule and appointment with 7-10 days. I told them that was crazy as the food was rotting. They got me an appointment for four days later; however, the tech for Prime appliances/Dan just took pictures of the part he thought was needed and AHS would would send them the part within two weeks. Then they would schedule another appointment within the week. The bad part was that he did not do a thorough job/he replaced the ice maker without checking the freezer. Something else was wrong/the whole back panel that has the two fans needed to be replaced. After waiting so long to get this resolved, I then called Prime back and they sent out their lead tech/Kim (great tech) who once again took pictures. At least he removed all the packed ice. It was also not working and needed replacement. That meant I had to go through the whole waiting period again. I was not aware I had been charged an additional $100 for Prime. The way I see it, That second trip should not have been necessary if the first tech had done a thorough job. I jus heard AHS will replace the cost of all my food lost from a friend. Hope that it true. I wanted to say what a great job Kim/3nd tech when he came to complete the job.

Cole Castle Rock, CO

Fast response when our furnace went out. It stopped working again after the first service, and American Home Shield got the technician right back out to fix the issue. My only complaint would be that because the first service took place on a Friday, and the furnace stopped working again hours after the technician left, we had to wait over the weekend to get it fixed again.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Cole. Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide prompt and dependable service for our members, and it makes us very happy to hear that we have been able to do that for you. We look forward to providing you with ever better service for your next repair need.

Oct. 26th, 2021

Adrianna Estrada-Hill Austin, TX

I have heard wonderful things regarding AHS and was finally able to financially afford it. Do reasonableally priced for this single Mama. I needed to call in because my AC went out and the service was immediate. Website was so easy to use and connect. The repair man called almost immediately and my AC was fixed the next day. Unbelievably easy.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Adrianna. We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with AHS. We want you to know you can trust in the coverage we provide. It's great to hear you did not have any problems with getting air back running. We look forward to taking care of your next repair as well.

Oct. 18th, 2021

Renee Conyers, GA

4 star rating is due to a negative experience had a few months ago with assigning our technician that was posted online as a 1 star when we repeatedly said no. AHS should not be associated with these companies and sending them out to the customers homes. I reported this information to them and asked why and were they aware of the negative and poor ratings which AHS was highlighted in all the reviews. The customer service representative stated this would be reported to management. Not sure if it was but so far I haven't had that company for any assignments. I was also told I had the highest plan when purchased years ago, but had to come kut of pocket 800.00 for a issue was fully covered. Hopefully AHS will work on gaining a 5 star rating soon. Customer service has been good so far since those two incidents, AHS did upgrade on new packages but too early to rate. So far AHS is moving in the right direction.

R zorn Panama City Beach, FL

My air conditioner was not cooling as well as I thought it should. American home shield gave me the name of a local company who was great to work with. In short order I had a new compressor in my unit. Efficient and professional with this claim. Also the technician shared with me that his company liked working with American Home Shield. He said they could count on them to do the right thing with their claims

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi R zorn. We do our best to provide prompt and efficient service and we are really pleased that we could do that for you. We want you to know you can trust in the service we provide. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Oct. 18th, 2021

Eugina Allen Memphis, TN

I had to call AHS for a service request upon my first day in my new home. The young man who was sent out was amazing. He found the issue and explained everything thoroughly. He also went a step further and referred me to someone who could extract the water from my carpet for a very affordable price. I truly appreciate the manner in which the request was handled. AHS is great!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Eugina, We love to hear when we have provided fast and professional service to our customers. Please continue to share your experiences with us and we will continue to strive to meet your needs.

Ginger Burton Panorama City, CA

Plumber came out and fixed the issue next day. However we still had an issue a week or so later (the faucet was completely corroded and wouldn't turn) The plumber must have knew it was going to be an issue because the next time he came out he had the faucet and fixed it in less than 2 mins. If they knew the issue the first time they should have just fixed it. But at least the problem was solved. Not sure it was worth the $100 fee... but at least I didn't have to pay twice.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Ginger, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are so delighted that you rate our service as 5 star as we strive to provide just that for all our customers. We Look forward to servicing you again soon. Best Wishes.

Michael Agnitsch Omaha, NE

Old refrigerator in the garage quit working. Repairman determined that a short was causing the refrigerator to trip the ground fault switch. He could not find the short and recommended American Home Shield replace the refrigerator. We received a gift card from Lowes to buy a new refrigerator. Totally thrilled with American Home Shields customer service response.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Michael. We appreciate your time in reviewing your experience with AHS. We want you to know you can trust in the coverage we provide. It's great to hear you were able to get your refrigerator replaced. We look forward to taking care of your next repair as well.

Oct. 5th, 2021

brett j stubblefield Saint Louis, MO

I just joined the Home Shield Contract Several Month's ago. And boy was I Lucky I had to use them 2 times already. The first time My AC went out and they had Somebody out the Next day, and He Fixed it in a short period of time a couple hours. And I paid the $100. service call and I did not have to Spend another Dime, and it works Like New. So I am Very Happy with them!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Brett. Thank you for the 5 star review. It is so good to hear that the problem with your air conditioning was resolved so effectively. Thank you for trusting AHS to take the hassle and worry out of your home repair needs.

Kishia marquez Hendersonville, NC

I think American home shield is a great company to have for your home! they come out in a timely manner and do the job very courteous, respectful, he even protected his self from COVID 19 . they always call you and set you up appointments before they come in when they on their way they contact you. I highly recommend American home shield !!!! thank you for your excellent service and is number one in my book

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kishia, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Laura Lawhon Butler Conroe, TX

I began my experiences with AHS in Southern California in the 1970's and they were phenomenal through the decades I had them. When we bought this house in Texas the AHS program was part of the sale. I was less than impressed and I switched to two different companies. When AHS contacted me to return to them this past winter I was hesitant. Since the other two companies were not what I'd hoped they'd be, I decided to give AHS one last go. This time, months later, we had a major plumbing problem and AHS sent several companies out to check it. I wasn't trusting them and asked to have my own plumber who instantly knew exactly what we needed. AHS did pay their portion of the negotiated repairs. Not the entire amount but enough for me to be satisfied. For now, so long as they remain as responsive as they've been this year, I will happily stay with them. It is reassuring to know that they actually will cover major repairs. Their prices are competitive as well. One company I was with made us pay out of pocket for a relatively late model water heater, then submit the invoice to them. Their rate of reimbursement was a huge disappointment. It is too bad that AHS now has their customer service department outsourced in a faraway foreign country and it does take some extra time getting them to realize what the issues are if the repair is a complicated one. For the normal everyday repairs this works out just fine. We actually did get to speak with a local representative when we decided to stay with them. It is nice to know that they do exist...you just have to be persistent to get to them if your situations warrants it.

Kim A Skiatook, OK

We have had AHS just over 2 years. They have been extremely diligent in resolving our warranty needs which have been more frequent than we certainly anticipated. The last AHS agent to help me get an appointment with a vendor was named Anthony and he was extraordinary in resolving a booking issue over a dryer repair. He is working out of a call center and he made sure that we set agreed times for him to call me back to verify things were handled when there was some unforeseen glitches in their system. And the vendors they use have been extremely prompt & professional. We usually have the repairs done within 5 days.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kim. Thank you for such a positive review. We strive to provide prompt and dependable service for our members, and it makes us very happy to hear that we have been able to do that for you. Thank you for trusting AHS.

Sep. 29th, 2021

Jackson Kennesaw, GA

I was skeptical at first not really knowing what to expect. I thought when it was time to ask for a service to be done, that it would be a long drawn out process, a hassle or I would get the run around. To my surprise when I put in a order for a service to be done. It was very smooth and easy. You just check the box letting them know which item, and the problem, then they send you the information of the person that will be contacting you to provide the service. The company that came out to provide the service, was very professional, fixed the problem and left. My only regret is the fact that it took me so long to purchase a home warranty. The best feeling you can give yourself is a peace of mind and I definitely received it with American Home Shield.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Jackson. We really appreciate your feedback. We are here to take the hassle and worry out of unexpected home repair needs. We are so happy you chose AHS to give you a peace of mind as your home warranty company.

Sep. 9th, 2021

Timothy Joseph Clemo Fayetteville, NC

It was their professionalism in dealing with my matter. They replaced my 20 yr old range with a new one at no cost to me!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Timothy, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Arnold jimenez Sun City, CA

Great service. Every time I call American Shield your technicians are here right away ain't you a beautiful job I recommend them highly

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Arnold. It is so wonderful to hear about your experience. We can't wait to provide you with a great experience with your next repair need as well. Thank you for choosing AHS.

Bridgette Martinez Houston, TX

they pick companies that are 2 & 3 stars to do the work. seems they never cover much of anything but you pay them every year. had my hot water heater serviced cuz the pilot light kept going out so the company they sent replaced the ignitor to only leave us in our home smelling gas and almost blowing up so I had to call a good plumbing company out they said the hot water heater was fixing to blow up and we would of had a big mess

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bridgette, I hate to hear about the delay in service that was experienced to have the pilot light issue repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to assist.

Robin Felton, CA

The electrician called/came w/in a couple of days, and did great. However, the plumber, even after two calls by me, never called back. Finally, our Realtor stepped in and the guy came the next day . . . and did a fine job.

Lillian Butts Conroe, TX

Always good customer service and great service from repair companies. Not sure about how my bill keeps going up without me being informed or calling me for renewal.

Madeline Sottosanti Naples, FL

Fixed my problem with my refrigerator would have liked it done sooner but realized they had to order parts it took about 2 weeks to repair.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Madeline. Thank you for your feedback and letting us know the issue with your refrigerator was resolved. We truly appreciate your patience while waiting for the job to be completed.

Nov. 29th, 2021

F. Reynolds Aledo, TX

Usually good service. Very nice on phone,etc. Repairs usually take 3 days to see a repair person. Final fix of dishwasher took about 10 days...wait for parts.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi F. Reynolds, Thank you for taking the time to provide a rating, your opinion is valued greatly and it helps us maintain excellent standard of service to our customers.

Dec. 1st, 2021

Paul Vitt Summerville, GA

When needed, they deliver, not a lot of double talk or delay. For the most part the vendors assigned have been very acceptable. Customer over 13-15 years and two different homes

Willie L. Hensley Fairfax Station, VA

I can call American Home Shield twice in one day to discuss a claim and each time I call they waste my time going over data/personal information on file. It makes no sense! They should annotate the file with the last date info was updated. It is unbelieveable that a person can call 10 minutes later and have to go through the same questions (i.e. verifying email address, phone number etc...).

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Willie. Thank you for your feedback. We are here to address your concerns. I would be happy to speak with to assist with any unresolved service issue.

Kathy Lester Gilbert, AZ

Took 3 service calls to fix refrigerator. Once the ticket was reassined to a company that already said they could not fix it. Tasks get done if persistent enough. Task took 2 weeks to final repair. Long time to do without refrigerator.

Mary D Harrison Deatsville, AL

Easy Set up on the website. Receive a phone call to set up an appointment within 5 minutes. Flexible with the times to come out. Service company was on time.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Mary, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Leah Trevino Franklin, OH

AHS no longer looks out for the customer, they have decided to write in exclusions named modifications so they don't have to cover the cost of the repair/replacement. Now the contracted service company gauges the customer for those modifications and AHS could care less. They have left the customer who pays for coverage flying in the wind. Makes it feel like the warranty I have been paying into for 20 years is worthless now.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Leah. Thank you for expressing your concerns about your contract coverage. I would be happy to speak with you to discuss this matter further.

Bill Kessler Citrus Heights, CA

When technician replaced pool pump, he did not ground it correctly. When technicain replaced garbage disposal, he did not remove plug from disposal drain correctly. Had to pay another techniician $75 to correct trouble. When my washing machine blew apart, technician said it was becuase we overloaded it. Second technician advised trouble was covered under warranty. When water heater broke it cost me nearly $700 for installation of the new water heater. When garage door opener ripped away from top panel of the garage door, it cost me nearly $3400 to replace the door and opener.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Bill, I hate to hear about the delay in service and the non-covered cost that was experienced to have the service issue repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to assist with a resolution.

Nov. 26th, 2021

Anne Smith Green Valley, AZ

MHS ordered the replacement microwave with the frame that did not fit.They installed the microwave now they have to take it out and find one with the trim piece (frame) They found another one but it did not come in black. One mistake after another.

Beth Broach Jenks, OK

Do not leave an option to describe issue you are having. I also told the contractor what I needed over the phone . I already paid $100. When they came out they said they were not able to do the work but kept the $100 anyway. I am a realtor and sell your warranties for the past 7 years. My $100 was taken when they already knew they could not perform the work.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Beth, I hate to hear about the delay in service and service fee that was experienced to have the service issue repaired. I would be glad to speak with you to assist with a resolution.

Nov. 26th, 2021

Richard Meyerowich Boca Raton, FL

My air conditioners are 15 years old. I've had numerous problems an AHS has refused to replace them. I've had 2 independent companies come to inspect (at my expense) and both agreed the units should be replaced. I've been told that AHS will never agree to replace until the units fall apart.

Addie King Louisville, KY

I don't recall rating my experience with AHS with a negative, I have only had very good experiences. Always in a timely manner, friendly however very professional.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Addie, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Syed Shah Saint Paul, MN

There was a lack of communication between AHS and the vendor who then wasn't able to service us as a customer. As soon as the vendor found out, they immediatley jumped at the chance to assist us. I don't care who is at fault, as a customer, it's AHS' responsibilty to handle their communication with vendors with whom they have contracts. No, please don't call me or try to explain away or place the blame on the vendor. Take ownership, follow up with your vendors regularly and we, the customers, will be satisfied.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Syed. Thank you for taking time to express your concerns regarding your recent service experience. We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry to hear you were not pleased with the service you received. We look forward to providing you with a better experience in the future.

Faith Wilkisson Lincoln Park, NJ

Went above and beyond. My furnace needed a part, they went and got the part and returned immediately.One day they identified the problem and fixed it.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Faith. We are so glad that you took time to let us know the issue with your furnace was resolved so quickly and efficiently. We look forward to providing you with this same level of service for your next repair need as well.

Travis Oxford, OH

My problem was resolved in a fast and timely manner. I have never had a home warranty but I would recommend this company to anyone who is interested in a home warranty.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Travis, Your feedback is more than appreciated and we hope you continue to enjoy your AHS home warranty and the coverage we provide in a timely manner!

Ferchie Abad Santos North Las Vegas, NV

I had HVAC Maintenace done and the company that did it inadvertently disabled my thermostat. I called the company and they advised me to call AHS so they can come back to fix the thermostat. When I called AHS I was told that I had to pay another $75 in order for them to send the company back out.

Steve Kuhn Beaumont, CA

Several attempts to get ac fixed , took over a week , 7days to get appointment . Finally scheduled tech , came out , lack of communication with tech , no call , had to call , shows up right at 1pm . Spends 20 min . Gets blower working , doesn't check or wait around to see if it's cooling . Had to call American Home Shield to report issues , took 3 days to finally beg for appointment , now another 7 days . American Home Shield or Right Tech care , just want monthly fee and $100 service charge . Every time i ask for supervisor nothing happens , same issue every time I have had repair done , there is no urgency . Took 3 months to fix oven . Had electrical issue and never resolved , even tried to report it ? No response , once my ac is fixed , will be revisiting if I continue my contract or look for another ,

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Steve. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your concerns. I am sorry to hear the issue with your air conditioning has not been resolved. I would be happy to speak with you to further address this issue.

Karen Berger Ockner Bloomfield Hills, MI

Every conversation I had with AHS was good but there was a delay in getting an answer and moving forward as I was not notified timely of a decision. However, when I did speak with someone, they were very helpful and I am awaiting a new dishwasher so I will be better able to rate them once I receive it :)

Kathleen Engle Kingsport, TN

They were very friendly, and got my claim started quickly and efficiently. My situation was fixed in a positive, timely manner and I would highly recommend them to family and friends.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Kathleen, Your feedback regarding your recent experiences with us is greatly appreciated. Our main objective is to provide exceptional service and a quick resolution to all of your home warranty needs.

Judith Tinturin Capistrano Beach, CA

Got here early, found the problem, referred us back to AHS for a Plumber, AHS responded right away and we have a plumber coming on Friday. Very satisfied with the experience thus far!

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Judith. Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We are really glad to hear that you are satisfied with the service you are receiving. We look forward to working with again and providing excellent service.

Charles E Hill Rancho Cucamonga, CA

My claim was acknowledged quickly and a technician was assigned. Unfortunately, the 1st tech wasn't qualified to make the repair. A second tech was assigned only after I called to he knew the process of my repair. This caused a significant delay getting my refrigerator repaired

Margaret M Watkins Las Vegas, NV

I was able to obtain help quickly. The phone in system appears to be greatly improved. In the past it was frustrating to wait for an assistant this issue appears to be resolved.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Margaret. We are so happy that you took time to let us know about your experience. We are here to take the hassle out of home repairs. Thank you for trusting AHS to do that for you.

Maria El Centro, CA

When I requested a service they have answered back quickly and have fixed the problems I have very quickly too. No complains. I appreciate their help, thanks alot. Great company.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Maria. We really appreciate your positive feedback. We are so happy that your repair needs have been met through your warranty coverage. We hope you continue to find the value in being an AHS member.

Genevieve Rene Glenn Dale, MD

The process has been very easy thebpast year. I did have a problem with a company that was sent last year. This year I had the same issue, thankfully another company came out and found the source.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Genevieve. We appreciate your feedback regarding your service experience. It is good to hear that another vendor was sent to take care of the problem and we appreciate your patience while waiting to have your repair need met. We look forward to providing you with an even better experience in the future.

Eyad Kadri Mesa, AZ

American Home Shield (AHS) has been responsive to my requests for repairs. The assigned repair companies and their technicians weee appropriately chosen responded in prompt manner.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi Eyad, Thank you for providing us with feedback about your AHS experience. We strive to provide you with prompt and professional service. We hope you continue to enjoy the coverage we provide!

Ginny Davis. Valparaiso, IN

Everything was outstanding about the repair & dealing with company. We opted to take the cash to buy our own dishwasher. We still have not received the check. It's been at least 2 weeks. I called & they said it was on the way. That was last week.

Olivia Armendariz Harlingen, TX

We had a problem with one of our appliances, we had to go through quite a lot of supervisors & managers until we came to an agreement they would refund amount of appliance. What we didn't agree was we had to install the appliance ourselves.

Jill S. Minnetonka, MN

They response to my service request very quickly and the contractors have contacted me within 24 hours to set up a time to fix my problem. Very happy with their service so far.

Reply from American Home Shield

Hi JIll, I am pleased to hear about the excellent service you have received. I hope you continue to enjoy!